[SFS/Waldergrave] #1-02 Fugitive on the R3d Planet (Inactive)

Game Master Jim Crase

Slides are Here!


101 to 150 of 182 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Wayfinders

"Helios-4" Male N Android Technomancer 4 (Ace Pilot) | SP 24/24 ; HP 24/24 ; RP 7/7 | EAC 15 ; KAC 14 | Ft +2 ; Rf +3 ; Wi +4 | Init. +2 ; Perc. +4; SM. -2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. |
bot:
[dice=Azimuth Laser Rifle]1d20+5[/dice][dice=Damage, F]1d8+4[/dice]

Helios nods gloomly from the bench.

"Yeah. I mean, I -" he pauses for an instant and lets out a deep sigh. "I hope so. I hope they'll realize. You saw the folk, they'll cling on to any hope they have. Akitonians are a tough bunch, but they're hard as hell to change. They've been holding on to the thasteron business for what, 300 years?" he stows away his tools and joins Meia at the table. "Even though Drift travel is all over the place and thasteron belongs in museums." he shrugs. "Maybe what they need to realize isn't so much that this line of business is dead, but rather that you need to let go of your hopes sometimes. For better or worse."

Acquisitives

2 people marked this as a favorite.
"Twang" Female CN Ysoki Operative (Ghost) 1 (Golden Oldie) | SP 7/7 ; HP 8/8 ; RP 5/5 | EAC 15 ; KAC 16 | Ft +1 ; Rf +6 ; Wi +2 | Init. +5 ; Perc. +5; SM. +5 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. |

Twang hops happily behind the bar only to sigh seeing the poor inventory of liquor. She examines the bottles slowly with a sad look on her face. What the heck is that s*!%? They don't have the basics, they own the crappiest s~#@ on the market and half of the bottles aren't even labeled! This one is labeled "smelly stuff"?? This crappy place is putting me to the test...

The old ysoki claps her hands and looks at her friends:

"Let's drink, shall we! I'll try to make you a decent drink with this crap."

She looks deep into Meia's eyes for a second. She then opens a bottle, smells it, grumbles, smells another one, and curses. Her eyes meet the label of another bottle at the other end of the bar. She runs towards it, open it and acquesces before pouring some of it in a glass.

Profession: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

"There you go, dry up for the missus", says Twang as she gives her a glass.

She then analyzes Oz with a tilted head before running around behind the bar, in a cursing tornado. She decides on a few bottles before mixing their content once, throwing it all away a second later, and remixing them.

Profession: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

"A fake Deep Shadow for you, let me know what you think"

Twang barely looks at Helios before choosing some of the safer bottles, mixing a drink and sliding it towards him.

Profession: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

"A sketchy Strong Jack for the android"

Twang sighs before drinking three shots of rum back to back.

well...

Scarab Sages

You all find 2 azimuth laser pistols with batteries, 3 second skins (one large), 2 clubs, 1 battle staff (large), 1 hunting rifle (large), mk1 mindlink circlet, spell gem of remove condition

Twang goes behind the bar, and makes drinks for everybody. Amazingly while the previous ‘bartender’ made horrible mixed drinks she did have the required ingredients, but apparently failed out of bartender school. But she did learn to put all her credits in a lock-box. (A locked lock-box)

You all take your drinks and head out unless you want to do anything else.

And again, you can take a 10 minute rest after you get out of the town, but before the next area.....though I will put you all on the next map..see next slide. Post for the description of the mind will be out tomorrow.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

| SP 32/32 | HP 26/26 | RP 6/6 | EAC 17 KAC 18 CMD 26 Electricity Resist 5 | Fort +3, Ref +8, Will +3; Evasion, +1 vs. radiation effects | Init +6 | Perception +9 (Darkvision 60ft) Trap Spotter +13 (10ft) | Active Effects: None | Armor Environmental Seals: Inactive (3 days remaining) | Male Elebrian (Death-Touched) Operative (Ghost) 4

Oz tosses the drink back.

Ponders.

"Truthfully? Best drink I've had in weeks."

He snags a battery if no one else needs any, but leaves the rest. His eyes linger on the abandoned lock box...for a long...long...moment...

(80/20)
1d100 ⇒ 20

Then he shrugs, and mutters, "nah, they've got it rough enough already." and preps to head out after the team's short break.


"Spider" Male CG kasatha space pirate operative 2 | HP 16/16 SP 12/12 | RP 3/3 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Spider comes back to the bar, first aiming with his sniper rifle.

"Oh, good you cake care of the rest. Not to late for a drink, Twang? I would murder one."

Says Spider as he removes the mask from his head and changing his apparel to look as kasatha again. He hangs his rifle on his back.

After 10 minute rest, I think some of us need it, I am fine going to the mine.

Acquisitives

"Twang" Female CN Ysoki Operative (Ghost) 1 (Golden Oldie) | SP 7/7 ; HP 8/8 ; RP 5/5 | EAC 15 ; KAC 16 | Ft +1 ; Rf +6 ; Wi +2 | Init. +5 ; Perc. +5; SM. +5 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. |

"Of course not", winks Twang as she takes one of the azimuth laser pistols.

She then mechanically mixes Spider's drink before sliding it on the bar towards him.

"Wanna finally try out a 'Holy Black Hole'?"

Profession: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Scarab Sages

You all get slightly buzzed from the ‘free’ alcohol, and then head out to the mine. On the way out of town, you notice several town folk who glare at you, but do not attack. After a good 10 minute fast walk to get the alcohol metabolizing through your system, some of you call for a quick break.

1 RP to get all stamina back if you want

After another 10 minute walk, most of you are no longer feeling the alcohol. And you all do see an opening into a mine

A sloping ramp descends to the west, made of hard-packed red dirt that shows signs of heavy vehicle traffic. The ramp opens into a large square chamber with rough walls. A metal track runs along the ground from a passage in the west wall and then turns north, ascending a five-foot ramp and then running along the north wall until the track terminates. A pair of metal lockers stand in the southeast corner, and a heap of ore is piled to the southwest. A string of overhead lights provides dim light.

Looking around: DC 12 ENGINEERING:

The metal track is meant for automated mine carts. Minecarts would enter this chamber and roll along the ramp. Once stopped, the carts are then uncoupled to tip over and pour their cargo into the bed of a vehicle that would back up to the tracks.

Looking around: DC 14 SURVIVAL:

These tracks are relatively recent, matching the timeline of when Talbot arrived on Akiton. This mine was vacant for quite some time before that.

A pair of metal lockers stand in the southeast corner, and a heap of ore is piled to the southwest.

Looking at ore: DC 15 PHYSICAL SCIENCE:

The ore is unrefined thasteron.

The lockers are locked and can be opened with cunning or brute force.

Opening the cabinets: DC 14 ENGINEERING/DC 15 STRENGTH:

Inside the cabinet you find a basic medkit and an engineering specialty kit.

So, what do you all want to do, please make certain you move your characters around to the areas if you are examining or manipulating items.

Wayfinders

Female Korasha Lashunta Wild Warden, Solider (Starfinder Forerunner) /1 | SP: 8/8 HP: 11/11 RP: 3/3 | EAC: 15 KAC: 18 | F:+3 R:+2 W:+3 | Init +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +1 | Speed 25ft |
Tracked Resources:
| Re-roll: 1/1 | DT: 1/1
| Active Conditions: none

survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Meia will look around at the mine and bend down looking at the tracks in the ground. "Not too old, not to recent either. Probably about the time our 'friend' showed up here." She'll take a look around the rest of the area and tracks (the cart ones). "Probably the only thing that has been here for years no one or thing else seems to be around."

Only If No Engineers:

Strength: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

| SP 32/32 | HP 26/26 | RP 6/6 | EAC 17 KAC 18 CMD 26 Electricity Resist 5 | Fort +3, Ref +8, Will +3; Evasion, +1 vs. radiation effects | Init +6 | Perception +9 (Darkvision 60ft) Trap Spotter +13 (10ft) | Active Effects: None | Armor Environmental Seals: Inactive (3 days remaining) | Male Elebrian (Death-Touched) Operative (Ghost) 4

Oz will come in, keeping an eye out with his weapon already in-hand...

GM:
Reminder that Oz has trap spotter (+11) with a range of 10ft, so even when he's not looking for traps, he's looking for traps :P

Looking Around Engineering: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

He mutters. "Automated mine cart-tracks. They'd roll through here then uncouple and dump stuff into cargo vehicles, I guess. Almost old tech, now."

Looking Around Physical Science: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

"...yep, old tech. Unrefined thasteron over there."

He'll pull out thieves' tools to help with the door:

Engineering: 1d20 + 10 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 10 + 4 = 32

Then stands back with an "after you" gesture to the others.


"Spider" Male CG kasatha space pirate operative 2 | HP 16/16 SP 12/12 | RP 3/3 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Spider holds his sniper rifle and opens his cane to remove the blade hidden inside. Keeping his one hand gree he looks around

"I am not an engineer, so do what you have to do here. I will keep watch"

Scarab Sages

GM:
Roll: 1d20 ⇒ 3

Inside the cabinet is a basic medkit, and an engineer specialty toolkit. Also you find an old set coveralls that has the name “Jones” on the breast pocket. The coveralls are so dry rotted that they fall apart almost as soon as you touch them. However inside one is a cred stick with some credits on it.

As Spider looks on how the mine tracks run, he sees that it runs to the north about 60’ and end in what appears to be a dig site for more thasteron. To the south, it ends about 70 feet south again, at a dig site, though some of the rails head back to the east and west.

See map

Move as you want. I have opened up a bit more, but pick your direction and give me a marching order.

Wayfinders

Female Korasha Lashunta Wild Warden, Solider (Starfinder Forerunner) /1 | SP: 8/8 HP: 11/11 RP: 3/3 | EAC: 15 KAC: 18 | F:+3 R:+2 W:+3 | Init +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +1 | Speed 25ft |
Tracked Resources:
| Re-roll: 1/1 | DT: 1/1
| Active Conditions: none

Meia will move forward into the 'hallway' type area and look up and down both ways for where it looks like the tracks led off to.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

| SP 32/32 | HP 26/26 | RP 6/6 | EAC 17 KAC 18 CMD 26 Electricity Resist 5 | Fort +3, Ref +8, Will +3; Evasion, +1 vs. radiation effects | Init +6 | Perception +9 (Darkvision 60ft) Trap Spotter +13 (10ft) | Active Effects: None | Armor Environmental Seals: Inactive (3 days remaining) | Male Elebrian (Death-Touched) Operative (Ghost) 4

Oz will move up with Meia, hugging the north-south wall as he tries to stay on guard.


"Spider" Male CG kasatha space pirate operative 2 | HP 16/16 SP 12/12 | RP 3/3 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Spider walks into the tunnel and aims with his sniper rifle in both directions trying to see if there is anyone hiding.

He turns on his infrared sensors to see in the dark.

Scarab Sages

As everybody moves into the passageway, they can look and see how far the mine tracks run. To the north they run about 60’ and end in what appears to be a dig site for more thasteron. To the south, it ends about 70 feet south again, at a dig site, though there appears to be another two sets of tracks merging on the north/south spur, one running back east and one further west.

I have opened up a bit more...but please your direction and give me a marching order. Just a reminder, you can always do skills like sense motive and perception whenever you feel like it. I only ask for those specifically when they are called out in the scenario….otherwise it is on you to do those when you want.

Wayfinders

"Helios-4" Male N Android Technomancer 4 (Ace Pilot) | SP 24/24 ; HP 24/24 ; RP 7/7 | EAC 15 ; KAC 14 | Ft +2 ; Rf +3 ; Wi +4 | Init. +2 ; Perc. +4; SM. -2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. |
bot:
[dice=Azimuth Laser Rifle]1d20+5[/dice][dice=Damage, F]1d8+4[/dice]

Helios stays close to the party, keeping an eye behind them to try to notice any movement.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Wayfinders

Female Korasha Lashunta Wild Warden, Solider (Starfinder Forerunner) /1 | SP: 8/8 HP: 11/11 RP: 3/3 | EAC: 15 KAC: 18 | F:+3 R:+2 W:+3 | Init +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +1 | Speed 25ft |
Tracked Resources:
| Re-roll: 1/1 | DT: 1/1
| Active Conditions: none

"Dead End of the main track line, but our tracks keep moving east and west down here and it moves to the sides." Meia mentions. "If you want I can go first to keep us on the trail."

Searching:

Survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25 keep following the tracks
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Scarab Sages

Helios and Meia keep an eye on both the ground and the tracks. The tracks are most heaviest from where you all are coming from and going further west. There are a few going south then east, though that is a minor amount in comparison to the tracks going west.

Moving carefully and looking around, you can see that the eastern area dead ends into what appears to be some kind of repair bay for mine carts. Otherwise that area looks pretty empty. The western tracks go a little farther in, then spit off to a north west and a south west branch. Almost all the tracks Meia sees are going west. Will need to go farther in to see if they go north or south.

Still waiting to see who is moving first, second and all that....

Wayfinders

Female Korasha Lashunta Wild Warden, Solider (Starfinder Forerunner) /1 | SP: 8/8 HP: 11/11 RP: 3/3 | EAC: 15 KAC: 18 | F:+3 R:+2 W:+3 | Init +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +1 | Speed 25ft |
Tracked Resources:
| Re-roll: 1/1 | DT: 1/1
| Active Conditions: none

Meia has noted that she'll take the lead already.

"Looks like it's this way."


"Spider" Male CG kasatha space pirate operative 2 | HP 16/16 SP 12/12 | RP 3/3 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Spider begins to move behind Meia, his sniper rifle always targeting the nearest corridor. When at junction Spider checks all side tunnels before moving further.

Scarab Sages

So, Go East into the repair bay, or West following the tracks.....

Wayfinders

Female Korasha Lashunta Wild Warden, Solider (Starfinder Forerunner) /1 | SP: 8/8 HP: 11/11 RP: 3/3 | EAC: 15 KAC: 18 | F:+3 R:+2 W:+3 | Init +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +1 | Speed 25ft |
Tracked Resources:
| Re-roll: 1/1 | DT: 1/1
| Active Conditions: none

I'm for check the East, since we see the back wall - see if there is anything there (hostile, or good) and then move West.


"Spider" Male CG kasatha space pirate operative 2 | HP 16/16 SP 12/12 | RP 3/3 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

One more for east ;)

Scarab Sages

A passageway from the west leads into this rectangular chamber with rough-hewn walls. A metal mine-cart track runs parallel to the passage and enters the room before ending abruptly. A mine cart in an obvious state of disrepair lies adjacent to the tracks. Tools cover a table against the east wall, while a pair of metal lockers stands in the southwest corner. The lockers are all unlocked and contain mining uniforms and binders full of Material Safety Data Sheets, on safety with explosives, but no explosives.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

| SP 32/32 | HP 26/26 | RP 6/6 | EAC 17 KAC 18 CMD 26 Electricity Resist 5 | Fort +3, Ref +8, Will +3; Evasion, +1 vs. radiation effects | Init +6 | Perception +9 (Darkvision 60ft) Trap Spotter +13 (10ft) | Active Effects: None | Armor Environmental Seals: Inactive (3 days remaining) | Male Elebrian (Death-Touched) Operative (Ghost) 4

Oz sees the uniforms and MSDS sheets but no actual materials to go with them and sighs, clearly disappointed. "So much for collapsing the cavern on them then using the equipment to dig out the bodies...there goes the simplest plan I suppose. Anyone for dress-up, or should we just move on?"

Wayfinders

"Helios-4" Male N Android Technomancer 4 (Ace Pilot) | SP 24/24 ; HP 24/24 ; RP 7/7 | EAC 15 ; KAC 14 | Ft +2 ; Rf +3 ; Wi +4 | Init. +2 ; Perc. +4; SM. -2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. |
bot:
[dice=Azimuth Laser Rifle]1d20+5[/dice][dice=Damage, F]1d8+4[/dice]

Apologies, busy weekend

Helios digs through the papers, rifle in hand, and scatters a few of them on the ground, not bothering to pick them up.

"Mmyeah." he agrees with Oz. "Shoulda brought a couple of our own I guess." He shrugs. "East seems good. Let's go."

Helios will move in on the backline


"Spider" Male CG kasatha space pirate operative 2 | HP 16/16 SP 12/12 | RP 3/3 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Spider looks at the lockers and takes one mining uniform.

He puts it on and again puts the shobhad mask. He focuses for a moment to change his rifle into a shovel and uses some of his disguise kit to add some finishing touches. He hides his cane into the backpack.

I would take 10 if we have some time, otherwise use the roll below

Roll if taking 10 is not good:

Disguise: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

"How do I look?"

Wayfinders

Female Korasha Lashunta Wild Warden, Solider (Starfinder Forerunner) /1 | SP: 8/8 HP: 11/11 RP: 3/3 | EAC: 15 KAC: 18 | F:+3 R:+2 W:+3 | Init +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +1 | Speed 25ft |
Tracked Resources:
| Re-roll: 1/1 | DT: 1/1
| Active Conditions: none

Meia will start searching the other direction when its apparent there is no threat or useful things in this room.
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

moved on map

Scarab Sages

Okay....going to be lenient here...one more perception checks.....probably shouldn't but....

GM:

Perception: Helios: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Perception: Meia: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Perception: Oz: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
Perception: Spider: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Perception: Twang: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

As you all move towards the split to the North West and South West, you all see a pillar of the native red Akitonian stone. As you get right past it, both Oz and Spider sees that if Meia or Spider move any farther, a concealed laser turret would open fire.

FYI, this is one trap I feel is unfair....DC 21 for a level 1-2....Oz needed at least a 10 on a roll, and Spider needed that 16....

Oz with the aid of Twang and Helios can engineer the motion sensor to not register movement...DC 15 so even with a 1 on Oz's roll you can disarm the trap[/ooc}

So...to finish this. You can quickly look north and see that it runs a good 100 feet, but dead ends in a mining rig that doesn't look like it has been used for over 100 years. Most of it's mechanical guts are laid around it, looking as if somebody recently was at least trying to assess if the machine is repairable. Heading to the South West....

[ooc]Putting you near the edge of the South West corridor...if you want to stealth go ahead, and move yourself to where the Red square is located (or next to it), if you don't want to stealth (or roll REALLY bad) put yourself around where the green square is located.

Wayfinders

Female Korasha Lashunta Wild Warden, Solider (Starfinder Forerunner) /1 | SP: 8/8 HP: 11/11 RP: 3/3 | EAC: 15 KAC: 18 | F:+3 R:+2 W:+3 | Init +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +1 | Speed 25ft |
Tracked Resources:
| Re-roll: 1/1 | DT: 1/1
| Active Conditions: none

Stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Meia will move up doshko in hand, and walks up hopefully mostly quietly as she prepares to face anything that might come around.

Wayfinders

"Helios-4" Male N Android Technomancer 4 (Ace Pilot) | SP 24/24 ; HP 24/24 ; RP 7/7 | EAC 15 ; KAC 14 | Ft +2 ; Rf +3 ; Wi +4 | Init. +2 ; Perc. +4; SM. -2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. |
bot:
[dice=Azimuth Laser Rifle]1d20+5[/dice][dice=Damage, F]1d8+4[/dice]

Stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Helios tries to approach without a sound, but trips on a few stones on the way.

Acquisitives

"Twang" Female CN Ysoki Operative (Ghost) 1 (Golden Oldie) | SP 7/7 ; HP 8/8 ; RP 5/5 | EAC 15 ; KAC 16 | Ft +1 ; Rf +6 ; Wi +2 | Init. +5 ; Perc. +5; SM. +5 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. |

I'm so, so, so sorry for the delay! I've been really busy lately

Stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20

One hand on her pistol and the other pressed firmly against her cane, Twang walks quietly towards the corner.


"Spider" Male CG kasatha space pirate operative 2 | HP 16/16 SP 12/12 | RP 3/3 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Spider walks quietly to the corner and looks at what is down that corridor.

Scarab Sages

Botting OzStealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

As Oz and Spider peek around the corner, they see 3 miners working. Two are near the mine cart, attempting to do some light repairs. The third is working on a pick handle. Besides the mine cart, you also see a door on the east wall, which probably leads to an office.

As the two stealthily move forward Helios accidentally kicks a few small stones which *ting, ting*on the rails. All three of the miners look up and down towards the end of the junction.

What do you do?

Rolling initiative...if you want to attempt to do something that isn't combat though, you can attempt to....if a person does so, and things go south, we will use them as the 'bottom of the initiative, and start initiative at that end point.

GM:

Initiative: Helios: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Initiative: Meia: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Initiative: One: 1d2 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Initiative: Oz: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Initiative: Spider: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Initiative: Twang: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Initiative: Two: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Dice off Oz: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Dice off Two: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Dice off Helios: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Dice off Meia: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

ROUND 0 (Until Miners act,you all can do whatever you want for a full round, Miners are flat footed)
Twang (0 Damage)
Oz (0 Damage)
Unknown (not aware 0 damage)
Spider (0 Damage)
Meia (0 Damage)
Helios-4 (0 Damage)
Miner blue (0 Damage)
Miner purple (0 Damage)
Miner yellow (0 Damage)


"Spider" Male CG kasatha space pirate operative 2 | HP 16/16 SP 12/12 | RP 3/3 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Spider wants to curse when he hears the stones being kicked and he steps out from around the corner and speaks to the miners

Bluff: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31

"Quickly we need to evacuate Talbot. I was sent here from the bar! Some odd group is looking for Talbot and they might come here any minute. Quick!"

He hopes that his disguise would hold for this couple of minutes.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

| SP 32/32 | HP 26/26 | RP 6/6 | EAC 17 KAC 18 CMD 26 Electricity Resist 5 | Fort +3, Ref +8, Will +3; Evasion, +1 vs. radiation effects | Init +6 | Perception +9 (Darkvision 60ft) Trap Spotter +13 (10ft) | Active Effects: None | Armor Environmental Seals: Inactive (3 days remaining) | Male Elebrian (Death-Touched) Operative (Ghost) 4

Apologies...rough few days.

Oz just...stands there. "um...yea!"

Aid another Bluff: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Under his breath he mutters to himself, "gotta buy me a sap or a merciful fusion one of these days in case I actually wanna take somebody in alive..." as he tries to keep his sonic pistol hidden behind his leg in case this actually plays out.

Scarab Sages

GM:
SM 1: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
SM 1: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
SM 1: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Interesting idea Spider.....if people want to 'go' with this, and feel that Spider is going to be able to pull this off...what do you want to do?

The Miners are all looking a bit worried and confused. They see a shobhad adolescent coming in here to warn their boss. They aren't acting except surprised

The noise that alerted them could have came from Spider, so they are not hostile yet....the group can attempt to ambush the miners and/or Talbot (if he is in the office) here, or elsewhere in the mine if they want to....thoughts?

Acquisitives

"Twang" Female CN Ysoki Operative (Ghost) 1 (Golden Oldie) | SP 7/7 ; HP 8/8 ; RP 5/5 | EAC 15 ; KAC 16 | Ft +1 ; Rf +6 ; Wi +2 | Init. +5 ; Perc. +5; SM. +5 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. |

Great idea Spider! We could wait to see if Talbot is in his office and try to surround it?

Wayfinders

"Helios-4" Male N Android Technomancer 4 (Ace Pilot) | SP 24/24 ; HP 24/24 ; RP 7/7 | EAC 15 ; KAC 14 | Ft +2 ; Rf +3 ; Wi +4 | Init. +2 ; Perc. +4; SM. -2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. |
bot:
[dice=Azimuth Laser Rifle]1d20+5[/dice][dice=Damage, F]1d8+4[/dice]

Yeah, I'm all for it!

Helios, seeing Spider bluffing his way out of the situation, waits in the corridor, back against the wall. He nods and puts a new battery in his rifle, waiting for the situation to play out.

Wayfinders

1 person marked this as a favorite.
"Helios-4" Male N Android Technomancer 4 (Ace Pilot) | SP 24/24 ; HP 24/24 ; RP 7/7 | EAC 15 ; KAC 14 | Ft +2 ; Rf +3 ; Wi +4 | Init. +2 ; Perc. +4; SM. -2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. |
bot:
[dice=Azimuth Laser Rifle]1d20+5[/dice][dice=Damage, F]1d8+4[/dice]

Nah, wait, I can do better than that

Helios backs up silently into the previous corridor. He looks intently at the wall, then stops besides a crevice running all the way to the ceiling. Leaning in, he covers his mouth with both hands to slightly muffle his voice, then shouts, hoping that the crevice amplifies and echoes his words to make him seem farther away:

"Hurry! They must be that way!"

Bluff, aid: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9

So close!

Scarab Sages

With other people attempting to let this bluff playing out, I am going to assume Twang back up just a little and Meia moves with Helios-4.

GM:

Perception 1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Perception 2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Perception 3: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

One of the miners rushes to the door, knocking hurriedly. "Boss, one of the shohbad adolescents and another of the townsfolk came to say that the group that was looking for you in Tasch will be here any minute. What should we do?

The door opens and a shifty eyed man looks out....

GM:
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Sense motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Oz disguise to blend in--with a +2 for shadows and Spiders attempt to keep the baddy's eyes on him: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 + 2 = 17

In a gravely but slightly frantic voice, the man barks at Spider, "You! Maarbadvae wasn't able to stop them? What happened?"

To the miners, "Doubt that the laser trap might stop a few...but likely not, it is mostly there for the warning. We could go ambush them at the intersections, get a crossfire set up from the 3 tunnels and the maintenance repair bay....let me get the cart, I can put it in the center of the spurs and hide in there. "

Back to Spider and Oz, Talbot says, "Think you two can help us ambush them? I figure with four ways leading out of the loading area to here at the pillar, we can set up a crossfire to take them down....agreed?"

Okay, scenario is a bit off the rails, but hey, I think this makes more sense with that awesome bluff and decent disguise that Spider did. So...since 'everybody' can hear what Talbot said....do you want to do some kind of ambushed ambush? If so....discuss very quickly how...does Twang, Helios and Meia fall back to the entrance, and let the miners, Talbot and his 2 'locals' set up an ambush, or do you three 'ambush' them somehow? And what about the 2 'locals'? Are they going to be able to keep the bluff up long enough (hint hint, Oz and Spider another bluff please)?


"Spider" Male CG kasatha space pirate operative 2 | HP 16/16 SP 12/12 | RP 3/3 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Spider responds, hoping that his lie will gonna hold

"I was sent by Maarbadvae when she noticed that they might loose that fight. Yes, we should set a trap, we can stay close to you Talbot!"

Bluff: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

Acquisitives

1 person marked this as a favorite.
"Twang" Female CN Ysoki Operative (Ghost) 1 (Golden Oldie) | SP 7/7 ; HP 8/8 ; RP 5/5 | EAC 15 ; KAC 16 | Ft +1 ; Rf +6 ; Wi +2 | Init. +5 ; Perc. +5; SM. +5 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. |

Twang stays back trying to find a hiding spot with a great aiming range. She smiles at Helios's call before thinking:

If only we could isolate Talbot from the rest...

An idea pops up in her head. Trying a bit of reverse psychology, Twang silently clears her throat, then covers her mouth and shouts:

"Aim for Talbot, don't let him hide or escape from the fight!"

Bluff: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Wayfinders

"Helios-4" Male N Android Technomancer 4 (Ace Pilot) | SP 24/24 ; HP 24/24 ; RP 7/7 | EAC 15 ; KAC 14 | Ft +2 ; Rf +3 ; Wi +4 | Init. +2 ; Perc. +4; SM. -2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. |
bot:
[dice=Azimuth Laser Rifle]1d20+5[/dice][dice=Damage, F]1d8+4[/dice]

Helios moves quickly, crouching behind the wall of a passage ending in a dead end. He readies his rifle and signals Twang and Meia to also hide.

I'd suggest ambushing them in the room with the pillar, that way Spider and Oz could stay behind to cut their escape. Thoughts?

Scarab Sages

If you all want to back up on the map we will technically not enter combat until Talbot and his men and the 2 'locals' make it to the pillar.....and maybe anybody trying to hide can roll a stealth roll (if you have partial cover, you get +2, full gets you +4)

Wayfinders

Female Korasha Lashunta Wild Warden, Solider (Starfinder Forerunner) /1 | SP: 8/8 HP: 11/11 RP: 3/3 | EAC: 15 KAC: 18 | F:+3 R:+2 W:+3 | Init +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +1 | Speed 25ft |
Tracked Resources:
| Re-roll: 1/1 | DT: 1/1
| Active Conditions: none

Mia will move back with Helios, trying to at least stay quiet.
Stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Acquisitives

"Twang" Female CN Ysoki Operative (Ghost) 1 (Golden Oldie) | SP 7/7 ; HP 8/8 ; RP 5/5 | EAC 15 ; KAC 16 | Ft +1 ; Rf +6 ; Wi +2 | Init. +5 ; Perc. +5; SM. +5 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. |

Twang steps back too, trying to get some cover.

stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

| SP 32/32 | HP 26/26 | RP 6/6 | EAC 17 KAC 18 CMD 26 Electricity Resist 5 | Fort +3, Ref +8, Will +3; Evasion, +1 vs. radiation effects | Init +6 | Perception +9 (Darkvision 60ft) Trap Spotter +13 (10ft) | Active Effects: None | Armor Environmental Seals: Inactive (3 days remaining) | Male Elebrian (Death-Touched) Operative (Ghost) 4

Oz just nods to the "others" in Talbot's party, holding still as if he's going take up a position helping to guard Talbot after they walk past him (but in reality so he can start off the dance behind their target)

Bluff: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Scarab Sages

Spiders and Oz's bluff seems to have solidified, and they trail Talbot, as two miners move forward ahead of Talbot. The last miner looks twice at Oz and hangs behind the rest of the group, not certain on a couple of things.

Since the last Initiative became a bluff...let's just use this as the initial initiative. They do expect a combat, so nobody is going to be flat footed, or get a surprise as they move forward....though Oz and Spider would get flat footed as they did well enough to keep the bluff going.

GM:

Sense motive 1: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Sense motive 2: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Sense motive 3: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Sense motive T: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

ROUND 1
Twang (0 Damage)
Oz (0 Damage)
Talbot (0 damage)
Spider (0 Damage)
Meia (0 Damage)
Helios-4 (0 Damage)
Miner blue (0 Damage)
Miner purple (0 Damage)
Miner yellow (0 Damage)

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Sorry apparently I didn't bold who can act.

ROUND 1 (Bold can act)
Twang (0 Damage)
Oz (0 Damage)

Talbot (0 damage)
Spider (0 Damage)
Meia (0 Damage)
Helios-4 (0 Damage)
Miner blue (0 Damage)
Miner purple (0 Damage)
Miner yellow (0 Damage)

101 to 150 of 182 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [SFS / Waldergrave] #1-02 Fugitive on the Red Planet All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.