PFS2 01-01 The Absalom Initiation

Game Master Nevynxxx

A new era is beginning for the Pathfinder Society, with new recruits and new factions all excited to build connections and embark on grand adventures. Those recruits invited to attend a welcoming party can meet both the old guard as well as the up-and-coming leaders. But the party's not all talk; the PCs learn of four exciting escapades in Absalom, through which they can kick off their adventuring careers!


251 to 300 of 345 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Envoy's Alliance

Male Half-Elf Ranger 2 | AC 19 | HP30/30 | F: 7, R: 7, W: 5 |Perc: +7 (+9 vs target)

I agree with Boram, I've played a cleric and used a 2-action heal with both a die roll and the extra healing. I think the wording of the Heightened entry leaves little room for interpretation

Roumatha unsheathes his blades 2 interact actions and scans the area where Kra'a left a trail of blood for danger.
Seek action prompting a secret Perception roll at +7. Looking for hazards in the floor if I can see it from here.

Envoy's Alliance

Male halfling rogue (thief) 1 | AC 18, +1 vs atk by traps | F 4 R 9 W 7, +1 vs traps | hp 15/15 | Perc +7, +1 vs traps | Effects:

Boram advances alongside Roumatha, also Seeking threats. Or maybe we are Seeking before advancing next turn, so he will draw his dagger now. Regardless, Boram's with Roumatha with a plan to flank any living enemies should the opportunity arise.

Secret roll: Perception +7, additional +1 vs traps

Radiant Oath

Perception +3; low-light vision AC 15; Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +5 HP 12 Focus Points 1 Hero Points 1

The elf will ready a shield spell if danger approaches.


GM:
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 261d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 61d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Boram and Roumatha:
You hear a faint scratching beneath the floorboards, but it's receding.

Titus:
Something from your training clicks as Boram and Roumatha talk about Kra'a's wounds. You've heard of hauntings that could have physical effects such as this. Perhaps the houses past has caused such an effect? As you begin to think back through the ritual to exorcise such a spirit, you realise that the threat is gone for now. These spirits will not rise again until Midnight.

You could make a religion DC16 check to complete the exorcism, which will take around 10 minutes. But the threat seems to have abated for now.

Envoy's Alliance

Male halfling rogue (thief) 1 | AC 18, +1 vs atk by traps | F 4 R 9 W 7, +1 vs traps | hp 15/15 | Perc +7, +1 vs traps | Effects:

Boram mutters, "So much for having any interest in having a look around." To Roumatha, he suggests, "Let's get everyone out of here and let the house keep its secrets."

Radiant Oath

Perception +3; low-light vision AC 15; Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +5 HP 12 Focus Points 1 Hero Points 1

The elf nods in agreement.

Radiant Oath

Male Human, Half Elf Cleric-Warpriest AC 17/19 HP 17 Percep +6 Skills Diplomacy +6, Medicine +6, Religion +6, Warfare Lore +3

Yes I think it would be a good idea to leave this place and take care of the only dead person here before the Society comes looking for us.

Envoy's Alliance

Male halfling rogue (thief) 1 | AC 18, +1 vs atk by traps | F 4 R 9 W 7, +1 vs traps | hp 15/15 | Perc +7, +1 vs traps | Effects:

Marching order, even for such a short distance? Boram is willing to go first, searching for traps.


Ok, just to move things along a bit:

Flat Check: 1d20 ⇒ 2 dmg: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5
Flat Check: 1d20 ⇒ 5 dmg: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 6) = 12
Flat Check: 1d20 ⇒ 4 dmg: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 5) = 11
Flat Check: 1d20 ⇒ 18

Kra'a will go down again after that third round unless someone can do *something* to heal him (I think 10HP should do it....)


Half a minute goes by whilst Kra'a tries to stem the bleeding from his wounds. The loss of blood making him sway more than once.

Horizon Hunters

Male Human (Kellid) Ranger/1 AC 17, | F 7 R 8 W 4, hp 20/20 Perception +6 Hero Points: 3

"Life in the city .... harder than expected...."

Envoy's Alliance

Male halfling rogue (thief) 1 | AC 18, +1 vs atk by traps | F 4 R 9 W 7, +1 vs traps | hp 15/15 | Perc +7, +1 vs traps | Effects:

"Does anyone have bandages?" I'm happy to make the check or provide aid, but I don't have a healer's kit.

Radiant Oath

Perception +3; low-light vision AC 15; Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +5 HP 12 Focus Points 1 Hero Points 1

I am not trained in the medicinal arts he states.

Envoy's Alliance

Male Half-Elf Ranger 2 | AC 19 | HP30/30 | F: 7, R: 7, W: 5 |Perc: +7 (+9 vs target)

Roumatha curses under his breath that his alchemy knowledge is too basic to mix volatile reagents on the fly. One day...

In the meantime, he tears off a sleeve from his shirt and attempts a makeshift bandage/tourniquet to slow down the bleeding.
Medicine: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Also no healer's kit for me…


Yeah, that's something I think it's worth keeping in mind.

Having dwelled on this a little, it also occurs to me that Calisro gave you a minor healing potion (1d8HP), I don't know who had that, but don't forget about it!

At this point though I'm just going to move it along. There are no more hazards to stop you getting out of the house, and once out, you have plenty of time to heal up by whatever means. Roumatha's aid check works for me to stem the flow of blood loss.

With Roumatha's help, and some stoic Kellid resolve Kra'a finally stems the bleeding from the phantasmal attack. Boram leads the way out of the building, but whatever haunt's it, doesn't seem to strike again.

You have no issue removing the pharasman's body to a safe location, and putting her soul to rest.

Mission 1 accomplished. What's next?

Envoy's Alliance

Male Half-Elf Ranger 2 | AC 19 | HP30/30 | F: 7, R: 7, W: 5 |Perc: +7 (+9 vs target)

Thank you GM :)

After the grim duty is done, the half-elf's look is somber. "We took care of one departed soul, but more could be in danger. Shall we depart to the College of Mysteries and see if we can prevent the foolhardy ritualist's soul from being taken by whatever entities they had the misfortune to call upon?"

Radiant Oath

Male Human, Half Elf Cleric-Warpriest AC 17/19 HP 17 Percep +6 Skills Diplomacy +6, Medicine +6, Religion +6, Warfare Lore +3

oh wow, my post never posted where I did a second heal...

Aye, that might be a good idea, let us see if we can stop another person from being so foolish...

Radiant Oath

Perception +3; low-light vision AC 15; Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +5 HP 12 Focus Points 1 Hero Points 1

The elf nods That place would be as good as any other he reasons.

Envoy's Alliance

Male halfling rogue (thief) 1 | AC 18, +1 vs atk by traps | F 4 R 9 W 7, +1 vs traps | hp 15/15 | Perc +7, +1 vs traps | Effects:

"I don't know how I can help, but I shall certainly do my best." The little fellow puffs out his chest and makes a sure nod of his head, causing his curly hair to bounce and somewhat detract from his gravitas.

"Anyway, yes, let us save this person from their own curiosity."

Horizon Hunters

Male Human (Kellid) Ranger/1 AC 17, | F 7 R 8 W 4, hp 20/20 Perception +6 Hero Points: 3

Kellid stoicism and some hurt pride makes Kra'a silently nod his assent.


Please also remember you have Hero Points and can use them to stave off death, or to re-roll D20's

Speaking of which, I'm giving Kra'a another hero-point for that stoic action in taking all the damage ;)

You have plenty of time to sleep, prep and heal up. Everyone is back to full HP, and Full uses of anything that has uses etc etc

Following up on Eando Kline's leads takes you to the Petals Quarter, but once there you need to ask around to find out where the ritual may be taking place.

Please could I have a Diplomacy check to gather information.

Envoy's Alliance

Male halfling rogue (thief) 1 | AC 18, +1 vs atk by traps | F 4 R 9 W 7, +1 vs traps | hp 15/15 | Perc +7, +1 vs traps | Effects:

Boram circulates among the folks on the street, making discrete inquiries.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Radiant Oath

Male Human, Half Elf Cleric-Warpriest AC 17/19 HP 17 Percep +6 Skills Diplomacy +6, Medicine +6, Religion +6, Warfare Lore +3

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

In the district I do my best to inquire. Hoping that a friendly smile and a warprist of Sarenrae can cough up the information we desperately need.


Titus and Boram:
You hear tell that Tavvar has been working on the ritual for several days at the Blakros museum after its normal hours of operation, with some assistants aiding her. You also hear rumour that Tavvar’s own hesitation and self-doubt has led to the ritual slipping out of her control.

Envoy's Alliance

Male halfling rogue (thief) 1 | AC 18, +1 vs atk by traps | F 4 R 9 W 7, +1 vs traps | hp 15/15 | Perc +7, +1 vs traps | Effects:

Knowing that Titus had been pursuing the same information among a different population, Boram seeks him out to compare notes before they talk to the rest of the team.

Finding him on the street speaking to what appears to be a woman of some means, the halfling patiently waits for the cleric to complete his conversation before greeting him, "Titus, my devout friend! Have you heard any new rumors? I certainly have - let us compare and see whose is the more fascinating!"

Titus:
Feel free to share what we have learned with the rest of the team. I am online more than most and don't want to dominate the thread just because of that.

Vigilant Seal

Male Scholar Elf Bard(Muse) / 1 HP: 14 /14 | TEMPS: / AC: 18 | F:+3, R:+5, W:+6 | Perc: +6 Speed 30ft | Low-Light Vision | 1st Level Spells 2/2 | Focus Pool: 1/1 | Hero Points: 1 |Active Conditions:Shield: +1 AC

really sorry been busy and got sidetracked

Having spent their time in putting their fallen companion to rest in proper tradition. Wit worries at the amount of blood pumping from the large Kellid's wound but is a bit useless in actually assisting in solving the issue. Glad not to lose an ally so soon The Bars follows the group back to the lodge to rest.

Waking in the morning they make their way to the petals quarter to enquire on their task from Eando.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

"Morning all! How are we this fine morn?

Radiant Oath

Male Human, Half Elf Cleric-Warpriest AC 17/19 HP 17 Percep +6 Skills Diplomacy +6, Medicine +6, Religion +6, Warfare Lore +3

WIt, Kra'a, Boram, and Rodlas, I fear we do not have a lot of time on our hands based on the information that I have collected and that I suspect Borman might be able to collaborate. ....It appears that Tavvar has been working this ritual for several days at the Blakros museum after its normal hours of operation, with some assistants aiding her. From what I am gathering Tavvar’s own hesitation and self-doubt has led to the ritual slipping out of her control which I fear could have devastating consequences on her and those aiding her. I think we need to head the museum as quickly as we can and see if we can stop this from becoming an Azlantian Tragedy.

Envoy's Alliance

Male halfling rogue (thief) 1 | AC 18, +1 vs atk by traps | F 4 R 9 W 7, +1 vs traps | hp 15/15 | Perc +7, +1 vs traps | Effects:

Boram nods his head solemnly. "That's what I've heard, too."

Vigilant Seal

Male Scholar Elf Bard(Muse) / 1 HP: 14 /14 | TEMPS: / AC: 18 | F:+3, R:+5, W:+6 | Perc: +6 Speed 30ft | Low-Light Vision | 1st Level Spells 2/2 | Focus Pool: 1/1 | Hero Points: 1 |Active Conditions:Shield: +1 AC

Absorbing the Champion’s dire news, Wit frowns as they consider the implications of this hazardous situation.

”Well my friends it seems we must make haste! Be prepared for backlash and unspeakable horrors abound. I am sure this will make a great opening verse to your tales of valour.” The Elf states, trying to bolster their allies’ spirits.

Making sure they haven’t dropped anything - Wit sets off with Titus towards the infamous museum.


Wit:
You heard similar to the others, but you heard that the issue was a “publish or perish” culture at the College of Mystery leading to Tavvar cutting corners in the ritual’s execution, so some runes aren’t drawn quite right...

Vigilant Seal

Male Scholar Elf Bard(Muse) / 1 HP: 14 /14 | TEMPS: / AC: 18 | F:+3, R:+5, W:+6 | Perc: +6 Speed 30ft | Low-Light Vision | 1st Level Spells 2/2 | Focus Pool: 1/1 | Hero Points: 1 |Active Conditions:Shield: +1 AC

We-ell Very interesting. I suggest we check the runes themselves as they are likely to be poorly drawn. Seems they rushed the job due to being terrified of death should they not meet deadlines” Wit remembers as they walk. ”Such Barbarism - one shouldn’t rush this sort of thing.”

Horizon Hunters

Male Human (Kellid) Ranger/1 AC 17, | F 7 R 8 W 4, hp 20/20 Perception +6 Hero Points: 3

"I have heard talk of this Blakros Museum - a bad place where many horrors have been unleashed. Is there anything we can do to be prepared?"

Kra'a asks as he scratches at the healing scars from the previous encounter.

Radiant Oath

Male Human, Half Elf Cleric-Warpriest AC 17/19 HP 17 Percep +6 Skills Diplomacy +6, Medicine +6, Religion +6, Warfare Lore +3

As we move to the museum at what I would guess be called a route march pace, I turn to Kra'a We will need to work together as a team collectively, but what that exactly means, my guess is as good as yours right now. awe will need to be observant...orient to what is occurring and then decide. We may need to resist our first instincts.

Envoy's Alliance

Male halfling rogue (thief) 1 | AC 18, +1 vs atk by traps | F 4 R 9 W 7, +1 vs traps | hp 15/15 | Perc +7, +1 vs traps | Effects:

As Boram jogs to keep up, he asks, ”Um, how exactly does one disrupt a ritual? I have to admit, my first instinct is to go the other direction, so I’m already going against that. I’m guessing we should try to not hurt those involved unless we have to, right?”


Boram Keenbranch wrote:
As Boram jogs to keep up, he asks, ”Um, how exactly does one disrupt a ritual? I have to admit, my first instinct is to go the other direction, so I’m already going against that. I’m guessing we should try to not hurt those involved unless we have to, right?”

Do you have knowledge Religion, Arcane or Occult? If so, give me a roll.

Envoy's Alliance

Male Half-Elf Ranger 2 | AC 19 | HP30/30 | F: 7, R: 7, W: 5 |Perc: +7 (+9 vs target)

Roumatha runs up from behind, clutching a bundle of poultices and metal tools of varying sharpness. "Ah, there you are - the apothecary took longer than usual to pack up my new healer's kit! I thought I was going to miss the assignment! What an embarrasment that would be!"
His mood is much lighter than the last time you saw him, but as he observes everyone the smile fades from his face. "Hey, why the long faces? Did you learn anything new about our mission?"
As he learns the details, he shakes his head. "The forces of the Great Beyond rarely show kindness to mortal weakness... Let's just hope their souls haven't been corrupted yet."
Occult: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Envoy's Alliance

Male halfling rogue (thief) 1 | AC 18, +1 vs atk by traps | F 4 R 9 W 7, +1 vs traps | hp 15/15 | Perc +7, +1 vs traps | Effects:

Such pursuits are not Boram’s bag, unfortunately. No training in those skills here.


Roumatha Esthor wrote:
[dice=Occult]1d20+6

Roumatha:
Boram's assumption is correct. A participant getting hurt could prove quite dangerous in an occult ritual, and dangerous energies could be released.
Envoy's Alliance

Male Half-Elf Ranger 2 | AC 19 | HP30/30 | F: 7, R: 7, W: 5 |Perc: +7 (+9 vs target)

"Boram, your intuition is quite remarkable - if the ritual participants get hurt, it could make them unable to concentrate on controlling the occult energies, which could cause them to erupt in a chaotic and dangerous manner. We would need to be clever about finding a way to stop the ritual without violence."
Roumatha fiddles with his bandolier, checking that his experimental mind-enhancing alchemical concoction is in place and easily reachable, as he keeps pace with the group.

Vigilant Seal

Male Scholar Elf Bard(Muse) / 1 HP: 14 /14 | TEMPS: / AC: 18 | F:+3, R:+5, W:+6 | Perc: +6 Speed 30ft | Low-Light Vision | 1st Level Spells 2/2 | Focus Pool: 1/1 | Hero Points: 1 |Active Conditions:Shield: +1 AC

Occult: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

As they all wander, the enigmatic Bard ponders their knowledge on all things esoteric, Occult and down right strange. They had never attempted to stop a ritual before but had studied many concepts in their relatively long life. Hopefully the group could work together to prevent anything going too wrong, as the fallen compatriot, whilst a woeful start to their tale which would draw in the crowd, wasn’t the way they wanted all of their assignments to go today.

”Interesting thoughts, let us hope we aren’t too late eh?”


The notorious Blackros Museum is not so much easy to find, as it is difficult (as a pathfinder) to avoid! Arriving at the museum a little after nightfall, and once the doors have been closed for the night, you find it eerily quiet. Lights glow at all of the windows, presumably lit by continual flames scattered around the place. The main doors stand in front of you.

What will you do? How stealthy are you thinking of being? Any prep before you enter?

Radiant Oath

Male Human, Half Elf Cleric-Warpriest AC 17/19 HP 17 Percep +6 Skills Diplomacy +6, Medicine +6, Religion +6, Warfare Lore +3

Well, it is a museum, why not give the door a knock, its not like we are conducing a raid like we were the city vigiles or something.

Walking up to the doors I give it a knock and see if anyone answers...if nobody answers after about a minute I knock again and then trying opening the door myself.

Knowledge Occult: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21


Titus Au Parthicus wrote:
[dice=Knowledge Occult]1d20+3

What does that relate to?

Envoy's Alliance

Male halfling rogue (thief) 1 | AC 18, +1 vs atk by traps | F 4 R 9 W 7, +1 vs traps | hp 15/15 | Perc +7, +1 vs traps | Effects:

Boram stands to the side, watching for signs of anyone in the windows watching them, as Titus tries the doors. "My friend, if the doors are locked, let me has a look at them."

I don't know any Occult, but I know a thing or two about doors!

Radiant Oath

Male Human, Half Elf Cleric-Warpriest AC 17/19 HP 17 Percep +6 Skills Diplomacy +6, Medicine +6, Religion +6, Warfare Lore +3
Venture-Captain Arvin wrote:
Titus Au Parthicus wrote:
[dice=Knowledge Occult]1d20+3
What does that relate to?

Anything concerning the nature of the ritual and things we should not do or be aware of.

Envoy's Alliance

Male Half-Elf Ranger 2 | AC 19 | HP30/30 | F: 7, R: 7, W: 5 |Perc: +7 (+9 vs target)

Roumatha grits his teeth at Titus' loud knocks and keeps an eye on the door.
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
"I don't think the staff is inside and the cultists won't be happy to see visitors!", he almost hisses.

Radiant Oath

Male Human, Half Elf Cleric-Warpriest AC 17/19 HP 17 Percep +6 Skills Diplomacy +6, Medicine +6, Religion +6, Warfare Lore +3

It is a a public place..is it not?


Who mentioned cultists?!? :o

While technically the Blackros Museum is private property, it is open ti the paying public. This fine detail though is moot, as it takes only a few moments for the door to be opened a crack. A man's head peers through the opening, from what you can see he's human, in his late middle age, with white hair starting to bald.

"Hello? What do you want at this time of night? We are closed you know."

Envoy's Alliance

Male halfling rogue (thief) 1 | AC 18, +1 vs atk by traps | F 4 R 9 W 7, +1 vs traps | hp 15/15 | Perc +7, +1 vs traps | Effects:

How wide is that crack? Would it be halfling-sized? I am tempted to let someone taller negotiate while I try to literally slip through right under his nose.

Boram feigns that all his attention is on the windows, but he slowly and intentionally moves closer to the slightly-open door, trying to judge whether he could slip through, either while the gentleman was distracted by the rest of the party or by being quicker than the balding fellow.

Envoy's Alliance

Male Half-Elf Ranger 2 | AC 19 | HP30/30 | F: 7, R: 7, W: 5 |Perc: +7 (+9 vs target)

Oh I don't know... Maybe I should have said occultists. Dangerous rituals and all that...

Roumatha puts on a seriously concerned look but says nothing, standing a bit to the side and letting the others lead the conversation.

251 to 300 of 345 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PFS2 01-01 The Absalom Initiation All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.