PFS2 01-01 The Absalom Initiation

Game Master Nevynxxx

A new era is beginning for the Pathfinder Society, with new recruits and new factions all excited to build connections and embark on grand adventures. Those recruits invited to attend a welcoming party can meet both the old guard as well as the up-and-coming leaders. But the party's not all talk; the PCs learn of four exciting escapades in Absalom, through which they can kick off their adventuring careers!


151 to 200 of 342 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Envoy's Alliance

Male Half-Elf Ranger 2 | AC 19 | HP30/30 | F: 7, R: 7, W: 5 |Perc: +7 (+9 vs target)

Roumatha will quietly follow Boram, sword in hand, on the lookout for tracks and other signs of occupation.
Perception +7, Stealth +5, Survival +5.

Horizon Hunters

Male Human (Kellid) Ranger/1 AC 17, | F 7 R 8 W 4, hp 20/20 Perception +6 Hero Points: 3

Kra'a unslings his bow and stays near the back of the group but watching those on the frontline ready to provide covering fire.

Radiant Oath

Male Human, Half Elf Cleric-Warpriest AC 17/19 HP 17 Percep +6 Skills Diplomacy +6, Medicine +6, Religion +6, Warfare Lore +3

Tucking the javelins behind my shield, I pull out my scimitar and I edge on up behind Roumatha...shield raised and up front with shoulder and hip into it, hoping the light also assists with those of us with low light vision.....

Radiant Oath

Perception +3; low-light vision AC 15; Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +5 HP 12 Focus Points 1 Hero Points 1

Seeing that the game is a foot, the elf will pull out the necessary components and pronounce the appropriate words to cast mage armor, as it takes the immaterial shape of elven chain, before it settles over him, granting him his protection.


Sorry, I've managed to somehow miss a slew of posts from obver the weekend! Wont let that happen again.

Boram Keenbranch wrote:

Boram signals back to the others to wait a moment before moving over quietly to listen at the North door. He will watch for structural problems with the floor to avoid falling through.

If he hears nothing at the North door, he will move to the South door, again moving quietly and watching for issues with the floor, to listen once more.

He will return to the others to report before attempting to open any closed doors.

The doors you can listen at are quiet. There are a few cris-crossing tracks around, upon close inspection they look humanoid, possibly just the workmen who will have been checking over the place before work begins.

It's not easy to make out, but on the map, from West to east, on the North side there are stairs (choked) two single doors, then a bit of corridor leading to double doors. to the south, there is only 1 door, not two, but in a similar pattern.

What do you do?

Radiant Oath

Perception +3; low-light vision AC 15; Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +5 HP 12 Focus Points 1 Hero Points 1

What is the light condition?


It's daytime, the windows are dirty, but there is enough light to see. Even humans don't need lights, certainly not here.

Envoy's Alliance

Male halfling rogue (thief) 1 | AC 18, +1 vs atk by traps | F 4 R 9 W 7, +1 vs traps | hp 15/15 | Perc +7, +1 vs traps | Effects:

”Anyone have a coin? Maybe Desna will show us which door to try first.”

Radiant Oath

Male Human, Half Elf Cleric-Warpriest AC 17/19 HP 17 Percep +6 Skills Diplomacy +6, Medicine +6, Religion +6, Warfare Lore +3

Do ot rely on luck and chance...better to make a choice...I say left, the traditional shield side my good man!

I then raise my shield up on my left arm and I prepare to move forward.

Envoy's Alliance

Male Half-Elf Ranger 2 | AC 19 | HP30/30 | F: 7, R: 7, W: 5 |Perc: +7 (+9 vs target)

Roumatha quietly nods. "No point in dallying, any way forward is good enough.
He moves ahead to open the door on the left.
I assume any stealth/perception checks will be secret, but if not, feel free to roll for me

Radiant Oath

Perception +3; low-light vision AC 15; Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +5 HP 12 Focus Points 1 Hero Points 1

The elf will look on to see what happens.

Envoy's Alliance

Male halfling rogue (thief) 1 | AC 18, +1 vs atk by traps | F 4 R 9 W 7, +1 vs traps | hp 15/15 | Perc +7, +1 vs traps | Effects:

I was waiting to see if we had consensus.

Boram moves quietly alongside the ranger, eyes peeled for threats.


Left => South The first doors you come to are the double.

A large, long-cold fireplace stands in the east wall of this expansive parlor, but the furnishings are all rotted. A dank stench of mold lingers in the air. The ceiling overhead has collapsed, leaving the room open to the sky. The floor in the room’s southern end has followed suit, leaving a gaping hole into darkness.

There is a third door, leading North out of this room, and presumably into another. This door is closed.

What will you do?

Envoy's Alliance

Male halfling rogue (thief) 1 | AC 18, +1 vs atk by traps | F 4 R 9 W 7, +1 vs traps | hp 15/15 | Perc +7, +1 vs traps | Effects:

Boram will examine the floor as they enter for signs of someone's passing through the room as they enter. Unless such signs indicate a different possibility, he will move to the door leading north and listen at the door.

Would you be so kind as to put the map link in the top of the gameplay page so we don't have to scroll back through the thread to find it? Pretty please?


Boram Keenbranch wrote:

Boram will examine the floor as they enter for signs of someone's passing through the room as they enter. Unless such signs indicate a different possibility, he will move to the door leading north and listen at the door.

Would you be so kind as to put the map link in the top of the gameplay page so we don't have to scroll back through the thread to find it? Pretty please?

Yep, will do once I'm at a pc tomorrow.

Could I have a perception check please?

Envoy's Alliance

Male halfling rogue (thief) 1 | AC 18, +1 vs atk by traps | F 4 R 9 W 7, +1 vs traps | hp 15/15 | Perc +7, +1 vs traps | Effects:

Leaving the option for it to be a secret check

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 +1 vs traps, etc.

At this rate, I'm going to prefer if you make them secretly...

Radiant Oath

Male Human, Half Elf Cleric-Warpriest AC 17/19 HP 17 Percep +6 Skills Diplomacy +6, Medicine +6, Religion +6, Warfare Lore +3

With a shrug I follow up to the door, and then I wait for Boram, preparing to enter at the first sign of trouble.


Boram Keenbranch wrote:
Leaving the option for it to be a secret chec

No problem

Boram doesn't notice anything particularly interesting from the tracks on the floor.

Moving into the next room you find it has mostly been destroyed by the collapse of the room above. A once fine dining room; What remains is sodden and mostly unidentifiable.


Boram has left the hall and passed though a room into another. Titus is in the doorway to the first room. What is everyone else doing?

Vigilant Seal

Male Scholar Elf Bard(Muse) / 1 HP: 14 /14 | TEMPS: / AC: 18 | F:+3, R:+5, W:+6 | Perc: +6 Speed 30ft | Low-Light Vision | 1st Level Spells 2/2 | Focus Pool: 1/1 | Hero Points: 1 |Active Conditions:Shield: +1 AC

Following their companions through the deserted house, Wit muses on the information given to them from the locals regarding the potential unsavoury practices which has made the Bard uncharacteristically quiet. Deciding it best to keep close to the armoured one Wit stays behind Titus, leaving the warrior enough room to swing should it be necessary.

”Hmm, with the creators seeking an elixir perhaps there is lingering magical auras?” Wit mutters mostly to themselves before raising their fingers and humming softly.

Cast Detect Magic and follow Titus looking around

Radiant Oath

Male Human, Half Elf Cleric-Warpriest AC 17/19 HP 17 Percep +6 Skills Diplomacy +6, Medicine +6, Religion +6, Warfare Lore +3

Nothing that Wit is behind me, with blade out, I step about 10 feet into the room.


The room still appears empty, you can't see Boram now, but you can probably hear him in the next room.

Radiant Oath

Perception +3; low-light vision AC 15; Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +5 HP 12 Focus Points 1 Hero Points 1

The elf will follow very carefully, trying to keep an eye out for dangerous things.

1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15

Perception

Envoy's Alliance

Male halfling rogue (thief) 1 | AC 18, +1 vs atk by traps | F 4 R 9 W 7, +1 vs traps | hp 15/15 | Perc +7, +1 vs traps | Effects:

Boram steps back out of the destroyed dining room.

”Seems quiet - the floor above fell in on it. Looks like a nice dining room, before. Has anyone found anything?”

Radiant Oath

Male Human, Half Elf Cleric-Warpriest AC 17/19 HP 17 Percep +6 Skills Diplomacy +6, Medicine +6, Religion +6, Warfare Lore +3

I shake my head no in response.


Just for completeness. I'm being rather anal, but no one has looked in the ruddy great hole in the floor yet?

Radiant Oath

Perception +3; low-light vision AC 15; Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +5 HP 12 Focus Points 1 Hero Points 1

Boram, perhaps your sharp halfling sight will be able to catch something in the ruddy great hole in the floor over there? the diplomat states.

Envoy's Alliance

Male halfling rogue (thief) 1 | AC 18, +1 vs atk by traps | F 4 R 9 W 7, +1 vs traps | hp 15/15 | Perc +7, +1 vs traps | Effects:

Boram looks a little embarassed. "No one has... I thought someone else would have... I would be happy to look. Stay back lest it won't support your weight and mine."

Perception to find a safe way to the edge of the hole, includes trap bonus: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 1 = 12

Perception to peer into the hole: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Have I rolled higher than a 4 on a Perception check yet? Good grief!

Radiant Oath

Male Human, Half Elf Cleric-Warpriest AC 17/19 HP 17 Percep +6 Skills Diplomacy +6, Medicine +6, Religion +6, Warfare Lore +3

I edge forward and with my shiled having the light cantrip cast upon it, I follow behind the halfing by about 10 feet, shield raised to help him peer down into the hole.


Boram, as you move through the room you notice the floor becoming more and more unstable. You realise that if you keep moving, it will collapse beneath you into the hole.

As you stop though, you can see down into the hole, there is the body of a person down there. They obviously didn't realise what you did, and the floor collapsed killing them in the fall.

Radiant Oath

Male Human, Half Elf Cleric-Warpriest AC 17/19 HP 17 Percep +6 Skills Diplomacy +6, Medicine +6, Religion +6, Warfare Lore +3

OH my.....looks like....that was....tragic

Envoy's Alliance

Male halfling rogue (thief) 1 | AC 18, +1 vs atk by traps | F 4 R 9 W 7, +1 vs traps | hp 15/15 | Perc +7, +1 vs traps | Effects:

Boram throws his hand up as Titus follows him, "Hold up!"

"Stay back! The floor is giving way. Someone fell through - they aren't moving." He pauses, listening, "I don't hear them, either. I'm afraid their story didn't end well, Wit."

He studies what he can see of the body from here. "It might not be the one we are looking for. And even if it isn't, their family deserves to know - we need to get down there to determine who it is."

"Titus, can I borrow your shield for a moment?"

If the half-elf agrees, Boram steps back to him to retrieve the shield and then moves back carefully, holding it over his head to shine the light forward and down. Can he make out any details?


You can't tell a lot, but there is blood, and it's no longer fresh. A holy symbol of Pharasma glints in the spell-created light.

Some time and a craft check would allow you to shore up the floor.

Envoy's Alliance

Male halfling rogue (thief) 1 | AC 18, +1 vs atk by traps | F 4 R 9 W 7, +1 vs traps | hp 15/15 | Perc +7, +1 vs traps | Effects:

How deep is the hole? Does he have appeared to have fallen into a basement/finished space? Or does it look like an unfinished area underneath the building?

Radiant Oath

Male Human, Half Elf Cleric-Warpriest AC 17/19 HP 17 Percep +6 Skills Diplomacy +6, Medicine +6, Religion +6, Warfare Lore +3

of curse you can borrow it


Boram Keenbranch wrote:
How deep is the hole? Does he have appeared to have fallen into a basement/finished space? Or does it look like an unfinished area underneath the building?

Precisely none of that information is in the module. Which is interesting because at least some of it is vitally important to you....So I'm going to make some stuff up based off similar stuff in the core rulebook.

It looks rough and cave like, and certainly not a nice fall. Almost certainly it is a void created by the recent small earthquake.

The pit is only around 10ft deep, but the rocks and rough edges look like they would not be fun to land on.

Radiant Oath

Perception +3; low-light vision AC 15; Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +5 HP 12 Focus Points 1 Hero Points 1

Can he use mage hand to try and explore the corpse?

Envoy's Alliance

Male halfling rogue (thief) 1 | AC 18, +1 vs atk by traps | F 4 R 9 W 7, +1 vs traps | hp 15/15 | Perc +7, +1 vs traps | Effects:

He retreats from the dangerous edge of the hole and returns the shield to Titus. "Doesn't appear to be a cellar. It would have been a rough landing and the blood I see appears to have dried. It's not likely that they live."

Looking back toward the hole, he scratches behind his left ear with his left hand. "There's not likely to be any stairs, but I've never been much of a climber. Perhaps we can take some time and shore up the floor so it's safer?"

Crafting to consider the task: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Vigilant Seal

Male Scholar Elf Bard(Muse) / 1 HP: 14 /14 | TEMPS: / AC: 18 | F:+3, R:+5, W:+6 | Perc: +6 Speed 30ft | Low-Light Vision | 1st Level Spells 2/2 | Focus Pool: 1/1 | Hero Points: 1 |Active Conditions:Shield: +1 AC

Following the Champion and their god created light, Wit sighs deeply at the halfling's words, a mummer's tear coming to their painted eye. "Alas! Such is the fate of those who wander unprepared!" he murmurs softly and scratches down some notes. Eyeing up the floor and seeing Boram's attempts to make it sturdier, the strange Bard begins to work from the other side, taking scrap wood from the furniture elsewhere in the rooms already searched.

"Shoring up the floor is a good call Master Boram, now do we have a brave volunteer to abseil down to reach our fallen colleague?" They ask as they work, thinking ahead.

craft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Radiant Oath

Male Human, Half Elf Cleric-Warpriest AC 17/19 HP 17 Percep +6 Skills Diplomacy +6, Medicine +6, Religion +6, Warfare Lore +3

Well shore it up and by Sarenrae I'll venture down it.

crafting: 1d20 ⇒ 11


Rodlas Windracer wrote:
Can he use mage hand to try and explore the corpse?

Yes. What would you be trying to achieve?

Boram Keenbranch wrote:
[dice=Crafting to consider the task]1d20 + 4
'Wit' wrote:
[dice=craft] d20 + 5

It takes a little time, but between you you manage to sore of the worst bits of the floor, and make yourselves confident that it's now safe to walk on.

It doesn't look like a simple climb to get down there, but it isn't horrible DC 15 Climb check.

Radiant Oath

Perception +3; low-light vision AC 15; Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +5 HP 12 Focus Points 1 Hero Points 1

For the mage hand I want to be able to move things without touching the body especially if we dont know if the body has diseases or anything else besides the fall that appears to have killed him,

Radiant Oath

Perception +3; low-light vision AC 15; Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +5 HP 12 Focus Points 1 Hero Points 1

The elf will cast message in order to keep in contact with the half elf once he descends.

Radiant Oath

Male Human, Half Elf Cleric-Warpriest AC 17/19 HP 17 Percep +6 Skills Diplomacy +6, Medicine +6, Religion +6, Warfare Lore +3

Well lets all have a peek and then I can go down there with a bit of rope. I'll tie it in a make shift harness so if some ancient beast from Azlant is hiding down there you can all yank me back up.


It's a DC 15 athletics (climb) check to get down.

Envoy's Alliance

Male halfling rogue (thief) 1 | AC 18, +1 vs atk by traps | F 4 R 9 W 7, +1 vs traps | hp 15/15 | Perc +7, +1 vs traps | Effects:

Boram assists with the design of the shoring, but he's not much help with the actual work.

Once the shoring is done, he perches near the edge of the hole, studying the corpse and watching then Titus' descent anxiously.

Radiant Oath

Perception +3; low-light vision AC 15; Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +5 HP 12 Focus Points 1 Hero Points 1

I can ensure that we can keep in communication for a bit he says to the half elf.

Radiant Oath

Male Human, Half Elf Cleric-Warpriest AC 17/19 HP 17 Percep +6 Skills Diplomacy +6, Medicine +6, Religion +6, Warfare Lore +3

Athletics/Climb: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

All set and ready I climb down.


Titus Au Parthicus wrote:

[dice=Athletics/Climb]1d20+1

All set and ready I climb down.

1 success gets you 5ft down the rope.

Titus climbs carefully down the rope for a little way, then drops the rest to land comfortably on his feet.

Up close the corpse smells a little, but not horribly.

What do you do?

Vigilant Seal

Male Scholar Elf Bard(Muse) / 1 HP: 14 /14 | TEMPS: / AC: 18 | F:+3, R:+5, W:+6 | Perc: +6 Speed 30ft | Low-Light Vision | 1st Level Spells 2/2 | Focus Pool: 1/1 | Hero Points: 1 |Active Conditions:Shield: +1 AC

Creeping to the edge, unsure of the floor’s stability despite their work, Wit peers down the hole in the floor to ensure that Titus has not come to harm. Clearing their throat, the Enigmatic Bard sings softly in Elven for a few seconds, as they do so little dancing lights form around the Elf in a soft blue glow. With a gesture akin to the conductor of an orchestra, Wit directs the lights towards Titus to give them a better view.

”Are you alright down there my friend? A little light for you.” the Elf calls down to the Warrior.

151 to 200 of 342 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PFS2 01-01 The Absalom Initiation All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.