PFS2 01-01 The Absalom Initiation

Game Master Nevynxxx

A new era is beginning for the Pathfinder Society, with new recruits and new factions all excited to build connections and embark on grand adventures. Those recruits invited to attend a welcoming party can meet both the old guard as well as the up-and-coming leaders. But the party's not all talk; the PCs learn of four exciting escapades in Absalom, through which they can kick off their adventuring careers!


201 to 250 of 356 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Radiant Oath

Male Human, Half Elf Cleric-Warpriest AC 17/19 HP 17 Percep +6 Skills Diplomacy +6, Medicine +6, Religion +6, Warfare Lore +3

No issues, althought he bodies are getting a little...um..ripe you might say...now let me get a better look here.

I exame the bodes as best I can....using my left gauntleted hand to move them while I have my drawn blade out..just in cast something....takes issue with me.

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


There is only one body down there. That of a human woman, probably in her early twenties. You notice a holly symbol of pharasma on a chain around her neck.

The body seems to be a few days old, but it's not begun rotting too much yet, you could move it easily (it has bulk 6)

This is the person you have been sent to find.

Envoy's Alliance

Male Half-Elf Ranger 2 | AC 19 | HP30/30 | F: 7, R: 7, W: 5 |Perc: +7 (+9 vs target)

The ranger calls out: "Do you need a hand down there? I've got a rope I can lend you. Always bring a rope, they say in Society."

Assuming he gets a positive answer, he lowers the rope down and helps to secure it as necessary.

Envoy's Alliance

Male halfling rogue (thief) 1 | AC 18, +1 vs atk by traps | F 4 R 9 W 7, +1 vs traps | hp 15/15 | Perc +7, +1 vs traps | Effects:

"Perhaps we can find some wood to be used to carry her? A board? I'll look!"

He searches around for a table or other surface that can be used as a stretcher for the corpse.

Radiant Oath

Male Human, Half Elf Cleric-Warpriest AC 17/19 HP 17 Percep +6 Skills Diplomacy +6, Medicine +6, Religion +6, Warfare Lore +3

Saying my own prayer to Pharasma, I look up. Why yes my good man, a second rope would do wonders especially if you use a bowline knot at the end to form a make shift looped harness to help haul this unfortunate woman up so that we can then get her to where she needs either for her final rest or even recall her soul and rez her back to good living health.


Boram, you will be able to find something of that nature in the other room you investigated.

Could I have an athletics check from whoever is pulling up from the top please, everyone else can roll to assist if you have a good way to help. So Titus' knot timing etc.

Envoy's Alliance

Male Half-Elf Ranger 2 | AC 19 | HP30/30 | F: 7, R: 7, W: 5 |Perc: +7 (+9 vs target)

"You sure seem to know your way around knots Titus, have you served at sea perhaps?"

Once the knots are all done, Roumatha grunts and heaves as he helps to pull the body up.

Athletics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Envoy's Alliance

Male halfling rogue (thief) 1 | AC 18, +1 vs atk by traps | F 4 R 9 W 7, +1 vs traps | hp 15/15 | Perc +7, +1 vs traps | Effects:

Boram comes out of the collapsed dining room carrying a folded linen. "I found a small table we can use as a stretcher. There were some tablecloths in a side board, so we can cover her." Apologetically, he adds, "This is the cleanest one I could find, sorry."

He watches the operation of hoisting the body from back out of the way. "When you aren't busy, I'll need some help bringing that small table in..."

Radiant Oath

Perception +3; low-light vision AC 15; Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +5 HP 12 Focus Points 1 Hero Points 1

Not being how sure it will be, the elf will use his mage hand cantrip to help bring the body up.


Critical success on the athletics check, nicely done!

In short order, Roumatha brings the body up into the light. Once laid on on the Sheets Boram has found (not exactly, clean, but better than nothing). It is clear that this is the person you are looking for. In addition to her Symbol of Pharasma, she also carries some incense.

Religion DC 10:
The incense is Pharasman funerary incense, burining this, whilst offering condolences to the priest's spirit will set her soul to rest.

It's another set of climb checks for Titus to get back up, that will be easier if he uses the rope, and if someone helps.

Envoy's Alliance

Male halfling rogue (thief) 1 | AC 18, +1 vs atk by traps | F 4 R 9 W 7, +1 vs traps | hp 15/15 | Perc +7, +1 vs traps | Effects:

Boram crouches near the body, gazing at her sadly. "She seems young. Such a sad end to a short story, don't you think, Wit?"

Envoy's Alliance

Male Half-Elf Ranger 2 | AC 19 | HP30/30 | F: 7, R: 7, W: 5 |Perc: +7 (+9 vs target)

Athletics to help pull Titus up: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

Religion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Wiping sweat from brow, Roumatha's face becomes somber. "Not the first Pathfinder to perish on a mission, and, sadly, not the last. I hope the Society will be able to track down her next of kin and deliver some closure at least. And lay her body to rest properly."

Radiant Oath

Male Human, Half Elf Cleric-Warpriest AC 17/19 HP 17 Percep +6 Skills Diplomacy +6, Medicine +6, Religion +6, Warfare Lore +3

Religion: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

a hand up perhaps my good fellows? [b]

I then prepare to get on up out of the hole.
[b] Oh the incense, if we light it and then offer out condolences to her and her spirit will allow her to rest....course I have no idea what this might do to her chances of being raised if such a thing is possible or desired for her.

Athletics: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

Envoy's Alliance

Male halfling rogue (thief) 1 | AC 18, +1 vs atk by traps | F 4 R 9 W 7, +1 vs traps | hp 15/15 | Perc +7, +1 vs traps | Effects:

"That sounds like a good idea. This place sounds like it is full of nasty spirits already - if we can save her spending forever with them, it seems only right. It's not her fault the house was a hazard. I wonder if she brought the incense to put another spirit to rest. What would possess her to come in here alone?"

He pauses, "That might have been a poor choice of words..."


Roumatha drops the rope and with that help Titus easily makes it up to floor level.

Performing the ceremony now? Titus' religion check gives you enough to go on if you wish. It will take around 10 minutes.

Do you wish to also remove the body from the building with you?

Do you wish to explore the rest of the building?

Vigilant Seal

Male Scholar Elf Bard(Muse) / 1 HP: 14 /14 | TEMPS: / AC: 18 | F:+3, R:+5, W:+6 | Perc: +6 Speed 30ft | Low-Light Vision | 1st Level Spells 2/2 | Focus Pool: 1/1 | Hero Points: 1 |Active Conditions:Shield: +1 AC

religion, to perform the ceremony if desired by the rest of the group: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Having little in the way of body mass to assist in the gruelling work, Wit makes sure to stay out of the way as they watch their comrades prepare the body to be hauled out of the hole, deciding how best to put this task into verse. Spying the Incense and Spiral Symbol upon the fallen woman, Wit sighs deeply, without their usual theatrical flair.

"The Followers of the Lady believe that their time comes when it comes I believe." The Bard answers Titus. "I don't think that she will seek to be raised so it would be best to send her spirit on to rest - wouldn't want a haunting. I was part of a play once that had a burial scene within it - the director spent a lot of time researching the true customs so I remember a few. Best to return the body to the Society so they can be buried as a fallen explorer though"

Should the group allow, Wit will conduct the ceremony the best they remember, hoping they don't offend the fallen Pathfinder or the Lady of Graves.

"We should explore the rest of the House, I know it was not strictly our task but I am sure our fallen ally will appreciate their mission completed."

Envoy's Alliance

Male halfling rogue (thief) 1 | AC 18, +1 vs atk by traps | F 4 R 9 W 7, +1 vs traps | hp 15/15 | Perc +7, +1 vs traps | Effects:

Boram will nod solemnly at the suggestion of a ceremony.

”We should either return with her to the Society or send a messenger while we watch over her. I would like to explore the rest of the house, but we’ll have to keep the lesson of her death near to mind if we do. The place isn’t safe.”

Envoy's Alliance

Male Half-Elf Ranger 2 | AC 19 | HP30/30 | F: 7, R: 7, W: 5 |Perc: +7 (+9 vs target)

"I say, we got what we came for and that's enough. Sending off her spirit to meet Pharasma is the right thing to do, but after that I suggest we don't linger as we have other work to do."

Envoy's Alliance

Male halfling rogue (thief) 1 | AC 18, +1 vs atk by traps | F 4 R 9 W 7, +1 vs traps | hp 15/15 | Perc +7, +1 vs traps | Effects:

Boram gives a little bow, arms out, to the ranger, ”I won’t argue with the voice of experience. But we need to see her mortal remains returned, either to her family or the Society or her temple, perhaps. The building is just a sad curiosity and can wait for another day, if ever.”

Radiant Oath

Male Human, Half Elf Cleric-Warpriest AC 17/19 HP 17 Percep +6 Skills Diplomacy +6, Medicine +6, Religion +6, Warfare Lore +3

While I am sure an old house like this has a few trinkets and treasures hidden I say we take her back to the society for burial. We accomplished our mission here. We can come back later tomorrow if we desire.


Consensus is heading out then?

Envoy's Alliance

Male halfling rogue (thief) 1 | AC 18, +1 vs atk by traps | F 4 R 9 W 7, +1 vs traps | hp 15/15 | Perc +7, +1 vs traps | Effects:

Aye, let’s head out.

Radiant Oath

Perception +3; low-light vision AC 15; Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +5 HP 12 Focus Points 1 Hero Points 1

Sounds good to me


GM:
Perception Roumatha: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Perception Rodlas: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Perception Boram: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Perception Wit: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Perception Kra'a: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Perception Titus: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Could you let me know who is first to re-enter the hall way?

Roumatha and Wit:
As people start to move back into the hallway, you hear a sound, like hands scratching beneath the floorboards

Envoy's Alliance

Male halfling rogue (thief) 1 | AC 18, +1 vs atk by traps | F 4 R 9 W 7, +1 vs traps | hp 15/15 | Perc +7, +1 vs traps | Effects:

I imagine that Boram would normally be scouting ahead, but since we are not exploring at this point, I could see that not being the case. I will defer to the others as to whether Boram is in the lead or not.

Horizon Hunters

Male Human (Kellid) Ranger/1 AC 17, | F 7 R 8 W 4, hp 20/20 Perception +6 Hero Points: 3

As Kra'a had been hanging back quietly watching over the party, shall I assume that he is first out as they head back?

Radiant Oath

Male Human, Half Elf Cleric-Warpriest AC 17/19 HP 17 Percep +6 Skills Diplomacy +6, Medicine +6, Religion +6, Warfare Lore +3

I imagine I would be 3rd to enter..and yes agreement I think to head back to complete this mission


Kra'a:

Phantasmal rotting hands burst out from the floor beneath you, a chemical scent overpowering the the rot. The arms seems to have precise surgical scars. Could you make a Crafting or medicine check please?

Take 4d6 ⇒ (5, 4, 2, 6) = 17 slashing damage, and 2d6 ⇒ (3, 5) = 8 persistant bleed damage (DC 17 basic will save). Also, the claws leave rending wounds on your legs, reducing your speed by 5ft.

Ouch! They were some mean rolls!

As he passes into the hallway, Kra'a stops and screams out in pain.

Horizon Hunters

Male Human (Kellid) Ranger/1 AC 17, | F 7 R 8 W 4, hp 20/20 Perception +6 Hero Points: 3

Is that bleed damage taken at the same time as the slashing damage? If so, that's a total of 25 so Kra'a is down and dying.

Medicine: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Horizon Hunters

Male Human (Kellid) Ranger/1 AC 17, | F 7 R 8 W 4, hp 20/20 Perception +6 Hero Points: 3

Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Core Rulebook, page 469 wrote:
If you have a persistent damage condition, you take the damage at this point. After you take the damage, you can attempt a flat check to end the persistent damage.

So, yeah, I'd say you take the 4d6 immediately, and the 2d6 at the end of your turn.

Could I have an init roll from everyone?

Horizon Hunters

Male Human (Kellid) Ranger/1 AC 17, | F 7 R 8 W 4, hp 20/20 Perception +6 Hero Points: 3

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Radiant Oath

Male Human, Half Elf Cleric-Warpriest AC 17/19 HP 17 Percep +6 Skills Diplomacy +6, Medicine +6, Religion +6, Warfare Lore +3

This don't sound good.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


Kra'a wrote:
[dice=Medicine]1d20 + 4

Kra'a:
The scars on the hands look both medical, and utterly unnecessary....
Kra'a wrote:
[dice=Perception]1d20 + 6

The one time you wanted a low init! That nat 20 would have been far more useful on the will save.....

Radiant Oath

Perception +3; low-light vision AC 15; Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +5 HP 12 Focus Points 1 Hero Points 1

Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Horizon Hunters

Male Human (Kellid) Ranger/1 AC 17, | F 7 R 8 W 4, hp 20/20 Perception +6 Hero Points: 3
Venture-Captain Arvin wrote:
Kra'a wrote:
[dice=Medicine]1d20 + 4

** spoiler omitted **

Kra'a wrote:
[dice=Perception]1d20 + 6

The one time you wanted a low init! That nat 20 would have been far more useful on the will save.....

Hopefully he'll be quick enough to grab a healing potion out of the belt pouch and drink it.

Envoy's Alliance

Male halfling rogue (thief) 1 | AC 18, +1 vs atk by traps | F 4 R 9 W 7, +1 vs traps | hp 15/15 | Perc +7, +1 vs traps | Effects:

Perception for Initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Radiant Oath

Perception +3; low-light vision AC 15; Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +5 HP 12 Focus Points 1 Hero Points 1

He was not very observant

Envoy's Alliance

Male Half-Elf Ranger 2 | AC 19 | HP30/30 | F: 7, R: 7, W: 5 |Perc: +7 (+9 vs target)

Perception (Init): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Upon hearing the sound, Roumatha grabs the hilt of his sword at the same time as he hears Kra'a cry out in pain. "Watch out below!" he cries out in bewilderment, not sure what exactly is going on.


Let's keep things moving

Perception Wit: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Name: Init
Kra-a: 26
Wit: 25
Boram: 15
Roumatha: 11
Titus: 9
Rodlas: 5

Kra'a you are up, you have three actions.

Horizon Hunters

Male Human (Kellid) Ranger/1 AC 17, | F 7 R 8 W 4, hp 20/20 Perception +6 Hero Points: 3

Kra'a momentarily stares dumbfounded at the grasping hands and the blood pouring from his wounds and then staggers back Stride back to the party, if possible , fumbling at his belt pouch retrieve item and gulps down the bottle's contents drink a minor elixir of life

Elixir of life: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Horizon Hunters

Male Human (Kellid) Ranger/1 AC 17, | F 7 R 8 W 4, hp 20/20 Perception +6 Hero Points: 3

And if needed, a flat check to stop the bleeding?
Flat check: 1d20 ⇒ 4

The Exchange

Male Evolving Philosopher 10 Teacher 2 Researcher 7 Venture Captain 3

Sorry, it is actually a minor healing potion.
Healing Potion: 1d8 ⇒ 6


Kra'a:
Ok, taking the right roll there. You've taken 17 points of damage, then healed 6, then taken another 8 which I think leaves you on 1HP and standing at the end of your turn. You didn't make the check, so still bleeding. Your land speed is reduced by 10ft until you get fully healed.

Kra'a staggers back into the small chamber with the hole in the floor, obviously badly wounded down his legs, with cuts still running blood, despite the healing potion.

Everyone else up.

Radiant Oath

Male Human, Half Elf Cleric-Warpriest AC 17/19 HP 17 Percep +6 Skills Diplomacy +6, Medicine +6, Religion +6, Warfare Lore +3

As a divine Font of Healing and Healing Hands of Sarenrae I reach out to Kra's and taking two actions I cast the divne spell "HEAL". Regardless of where he is, it will rach out to 30ft, the healing energies healing him.

Receive the gift of the Dawnflower!!

2 action Healing with Healing Hands: 10 = 10 10 HP of healing to Kra'a

Shield raised up and scimitar at the ready, I look for the foe that struck at Kra's hoping my elven gifted eyes can cut through this Clausewitzian "Fog of War".

Envoy's Alliance

Male halfling rogue (thief) 1 | AC 18, +1 vs atk by traps | F 4 R 9 W 7, +1 vs traps | hp 15/15 | Perc +7, +1 vs traps | Effects:

Titus, did you intend for that to be a die roll to determine healing? I don't know what else is a factor, but isn't the base spell, cast with two actions, a 1d8 + 8?

Radiant Oath

Male Human, Half Elf Cleric-Warpriest AC 17/19 HP 17 Percep +6 Skills Diplomacy +6, Medicine +6, Religion +6, Warfare Lore +3

if its two actions with heal it is 8 HPs of healing, unless. you have the Cleric 1st level feat healing hands which increases the healing to d10s or 10HP if you use two actions.so my intent was to heal for a total of 10 HPs to Kra'a

Envoy's Alliance

Male halfling rogue (thief) 1 | AC 18, +1 vs atk by traps | F 4 R 9 W 7, +1 vs traps | hp 15/15 | Perc +7, +1 vs traps | Effects:

I see. Not my understanding of the rule, but I've not played a cleric yet in the new rules, so I will defer to your interpretation.

Dark Archive

Wintergreen's CE PA IT Geek 10/Daddy 9/Physicist 3/Cartographer 1/Runner 3/Cub Scout Leader 2/Musician 1

Hang onto that thought, I’ll cover it in the discussion thread after the encounter.


So far I have Kra'a and Titus' actions. What's everyone else up to?

201 to 250 of 356 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PFS2 01-01 The Absalom Initiation All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.