PFS2 01-01 The Absalom Initiation

Game Master Nevynxxx

A new era is beginning for the Pathfinder Society, with new recruits and new factions all excited to build connections and embark on grand adventures. Those recruits invited to attend a welcoming party can meet both the old guard as well as the up-and-coming leaders. But the party's not all talk; the PCs learn of four exciting escapades in Absalom, through which they can kick off their adventuring careers!


1 to 50 of 359 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

As a new day dawns each of you is hand delivered a note. Sealed in an envelope, with no markings other than the symbol of the open road, and left my a messenger at some point before you awoke.

Please see the correct spoiler below.

Level 1 Characters:

Pathfinders,
I do hope you’ll join us at the Grand Lodge for the celebration to congratulate the most recent group of initiates—yourselves included! A good time is certain to be had by all, but it’s more than just a party.
Gatherings like this are an excellent opportunity to rub elbows with the Society’s leadership and get to know them. That means you’ll always be quick to know about the best opportunities as soon as they arise. I hope you’ll take advantage of the event to put your best foot forward.
I’m looking forward to seeing you there!
—Janira Gavix, Pathfinder Society Head Initiate

Level 2 and above Characters:

I do hope you’ll join us at the Grand Lodge for the celebration to congratulate the most recent group of initiates. I have to say, I’m proud of how far you’ve come since you were an initiate, and I look forward to seeing you support the next generation of Pathfinders. Besides that, gatherings like this are an excellent opportunity to rub elbows with the Society’s leadership and get to know them. That means you’ll always be quick to know about the best opportunities as soon as they arise. I hope you’ll take advantage of the event to put your best foot forward.
I’m looking forward to seeing you there!
—Janira Gavix, Pathfinder Society Head Initiate


Ahh! Now I can see my first post is intact. Let's get going. Feel free to introduce your character. The game proper gets going with the Celebration, if your characters know each other in advance this would be a good time to work that into the history.

Envoy's Alliance

Male halfling rogue (thief) 1 | AC 18, +1 vs atk by traps | F 4 R 9 W 7, +1 vs traps | hp 15/15 | Perc +7, +1 vs traps | Effects:

.

Envoy's Alliance

Male Half-Elf Ranger 2 | AC 19 | HP30/30 | F: 7, R: 7, W: 5 |Perc: +7 (+9 vs target)

Roumatha harumphed as he crumbled the note. "Janira and her pleasantries. I didn't really come THAT far since the Confirmation, did I?" He turned around with a groan as the aching ribs reminded of themselves. "Unless Rose Street counts as very far, that is."
He stood up and looked around his humble abode - after the Grand Manumission the demand for cheap rooms has skyrocketed, forcing Roumatha to downgrade to a shack down in the Puddles to afford the rent. "Now, do I dress up for the occasion or do I just come in field gear? Ah, who am I kidding, I've got nothing but field gear anyway. Just needs a bit of elbow grease and I'll look fine."

As he approached the Grand Lodge, the pleasant weather and the majestic view lightened up his mood, only to get back to dour again once he saw the veritable throng of Pathfinders and other people - relatives of the initiates, perhaps? - queueing up for entry. He tried to blend in as best as he could, looking for a familiar face which might've helped him skip at least a part of it, when he stepped on something he all-too-late realized to have been a halfling's boot. "Oops, I am so clumsy today - apologies.", he muttered, trying to conceal his irritation.

Vigilant Seal

Male Scholar Elf Bard(Muse) / 1 HP: 14 /14 | TEMPS: / AC: 18 | F:+3, R:+5, W:+6 | Perc: +6 Speed 30ft | Low-Light Vision | 1st Level Spells 2/2 | Focus Pool: 1/1 | Hero Points: 1 |Active Conditions:Shield: +1 AC

Sat at a table in the communal mess hall of the Grand Lodge, a painted Elf reads over a note that had just been handed to them by a fellow initiate. Well, a Celebration! That sounds like a truly capital idea! they thought to themselves as they tapped a soft rhythm with their right foot. Dressed in a sombre white and black slashed tunic, cut in a traditional elven style and half white, half black leggings With jumped to their feet and picked up their back from the floor adjacent to their prior sitting position.

Rummaging through the pack they brought out an elegant silver flute, wiping it lovingly with a cloth and giving it a test, making sure it hadn't been knocked out of tune in it's time stored away. Satisfied, the bard sauntered over to the front garden where the bulk of the party would surely take place.

"Now, I wonder which fine heroes will be met this day and whether any of them will have an epic worthy of noting down?" the Elf wondered aloud.

Envoy's Alliance

Male halfling rogue (thief) 1 | AC 18, +1 vs atk by traps | F 4 R 9 W 7, +1 vs traps | hp 15/15 | Perc +7, +1 vs traps | Effects:
Roumatha Esthor wrote:

He tried to blend in as best as he could, looking for a familiar face which might've helped him skip at least a part of it, when he stepped on something he all-too-late realized to have been a halfling's boot. "Oops, I am so clumsy today - apologies.", he muttered, trying to conceal his irritation.

"Not at all, my tall friend. Completely my error. It's what I get trying to slip through the crowd to get a vantage point. I frankly cannot see a thing, but I didn't get here early enough to precede the crowd and I don't think," he chuckles, "an initiate should try to be fashionably late, as some would call it." He offers a small hand that looks more like it belongs to a librarian than a field agent, "Pleased to make your acquaintance, sir. I am Boram Keenbranch."

The little fellow is dressed nicely, but hardly luxuriously. It's a studied effort to show respect for the gathering by dressing up while not offending anyone by dressing up more than they had. At a guess, he would be right at home wherever he found himself and could go largely unnoticed if he chose. The thought might occur that you should check that your wallet is where you left it, considering that he IS a halfling...

If you do He notes the action and nods sadly, "I see that a lot when I share my name. That would be a different branch of the Keenbranch line, but you are wise to check. One can never be too careful."

One way or the other, he doesn't seem to concerned with the pace of the crowd and will just go with the flow, staying in the half-elf's vicinity unless given the brush-off, which he will accept graciously as if it never occurred.

Envoy's Alliance

Male Half-Elf Ranger 2 | AC 19 | HP30/30 | F: 7, R: 7, W: 5 |Perc: +7 (+9 vs target)

The rustic-looking half-elf isn't terribly bothered by the state of his purse as he extends his rugged hand to shake the halfling's one.

"Roumatha Esthor. So, you're an initiate, then? Excited for your first field commission, I suppose?" His tone seems to suggest he doesn't share the excitement, himself. He inches closer to the entrance as the crowd is getting absorbed into the Grand Lodge's bowels. "I suppose today the most exciting thing that can happen is the free buffet."

Envoy's Alliance

Male halfling rogue (thief) 1 | AC 18, +1 vs atk by traps | F 4 R 9 W 7, +1 vs traps | hp 15/15 | Perc +7, +1 vs traps | Effects:

Boram grins as he shakes the man's extended hand, then shrugs, "I'm ready to be part of something greater, I suppose. I'm not too worried about what I'm asked to do. Are you not an initiate, then?"

Radiant Oath

Perception +3; low-light vision AC 15; Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +5 HP 12 Focus Points 1 Hero Points 1

Another elf enters into the room. He has a smile on his face but seems a little reserved. He is dressed in fine robes, with a quarterstaff in hand and a spellbook at his side. He sits down at the table with the elf with the painted face and nods at him in greeting.

Elven:
Greetings. I am Rodlas Windracer of Kyonin.

Envoy's Alliance

Male Half-Elf Ranger 2 | AC 19 | HP30/30 | F: 7, R: 7, W: 5 |Perc: +7 (+9 vs target)

"Not for a while, no. I wasn't accepted into Society that long ago but I have a couple of field commissions under my proverbial belt."

You notice he doesn't have an actual belt but instead has a bandolier sash with vials and flasks, most of them empty.

"They like to talk about greater purposes and such but there's a lot of room for self-service in giving out the assignments... and sometimes too much collateral damage. At least Venture-Captain Fola Barum sometimes cares for her own; my advice would be to stick closer to her if you don't want to end up in the deceased lists."

When the pair is finally admitted to the Lodge, Roumatha spots a half-empty nearby table manned by two elves and heads there.

Elven:
"Greetings and may all roads be open to you, fellow Pathfinders. May we have a seat at your table?"

Envoy's Alliance

Male halfling rogue (thief) 1 | AC 18, +1 vs atk by traps | F 4 R 9 W 7, +1 vs traps | hp 15/15 | Perc +7, +1 vs traps | Effects:

Excitedly, Boram replies, "I've heard much the same! In fact, her mission to support those in the field is what has enticed me to join - not the opportunity for glory, but the opportunity to support those leading the charge."

At the table, Boram bows and nods agreeably.

Elven:
"Yes, may the gods smile upon your travels."

Vigilant Seal

Male Scholar Elf Bard(Muse) / 1 HP: 14 /14 | TEMPS: / AC: 18 | F:+3, R:+5, W:+6 | Perc: +6 Speed 30ft | Low-Light Vision | 1st Level Spells 2/2 | Focus Pool: 1/1 | Hero Points: 1 |Active Conditions:Shield: +1 AC

Finding a decent spot to see the festivities, The painted Elf looks up at the sound of another lilting Elven voice and smiles broadly at the newcomer.

Elven:
"Why of course my dearest fellow! I am called 'Wit' by most, though many of them I haven't spoken to in years!"

About to ask about how Kyonin is this time of year, Wit hears even more voices in his native tongue and smiles broadly, gesturing to the empty seats at the table. Rather than respond in Elven, the sombrely dressed Elf replies in Taldane, lest others around be put off by their apparent exclusion.

"Welcome and well met travellers! You both look like you have a plethora of tales to tell and the makings of many more! Please sit and talk"


It seems as though the entire Grand Lodge has the air of a celebration. The great gates are flung wide, and the phoenix trees lining the entryway are in full flame. The halls of the main tower of Skyreach, normally somber and reserved, echo with the sound of voices and music.
The great ballroom is decked for a celebration, with colorful banners and bunting along the walls, tables replete with food and drink, and a jovial cacophony of conversation rising from Pathfinders of all ancestries, nations, and backgrounds. After a quick scan of the room, it’s obvious that many of the attendees have gathered in small groups here and there.
A half-orc woman in an iconic ship captain’s hat stands near the punch bowl, handing cups to anyone who passes within reach, and a dark-skinned half-elf leads a small group of new agents around the room, introducing them to other attendees.
Several senior agents stand in quiet conferral with a dark-haired Taldan man with a distinctive chin strap beard, while a scholarly dwarf tells a rousing tale to a growing audience.
A familiar blond halfling woman bounces over, bubbling with excitement. Janira Gavix, Head Initiate of the Pathfinder Society, grins, “Oh, I’m so glad you made it! After all, the celebration is for you. Have you gotten drinks? Snacks? Be sure to spend some time getting to know everyone—it’s best to be on good terms with the movers and shakers in the Society, that’s how you learn about the latest opportunities. I’ll be here if you need me to help you with anyone’s names or to make an introduction. Just let me know how I can help!” Janira gestures everyone forward into the room, beaming all the while.

I have a few bits and pieces to put together for you tomorrow....

Radiant Oath

Perception +3; low-light vision AC 15; Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +5 HP 12 Focus Points 1 Hero Points 1

The elf nods in response to the halfling's appearance and the half elf's request.

Radiant Oath

Male Human, Half Elf Cleric-Warpriest AC 17/19 HP 17 Percep +6 Skills Diplomacy +6, Medicine +6, Religion +6, Warfare Lore +3

Walking hurriedly to the celebration after prayers, the neatly dressed Cleric of Sarenrae ...amber eyes searching and then finding Janira...walking up to her with a the rolled invitation in his hands.

Greetings Janira Gavix, how may Sarenrae and I be of service?

It is then that I see the to her strangers that seem to near her, I nod looking at each of them with Amber eyes that seem to have a bit of the sun itself captured in them.

Vigilant Seal

Male Scholar Elf Bard(Muse) / 1 HP: 14 /14 | TEMPS: / AC: 18 | F:+3, R:+5, W:+6 | Perc: +6 Speed 30ft | Low-Light Vision | 1st Level Spells 2/2 | Focus Pool: 1/1 | Hero Points: 1 |Active Conditions:Shield: +1 AC

Smiling at the good natured Halfling, the strange Elf simply known as Wit takes Janira's hand and kisses their fingers softly with a bow. Their eyes sparkling with joy.

"Janira! How wonderful of you to take the time to discuss with us! I do hope that you are well. Your exploits against the Minotaur have gone down in Local Legend, you must tell me about it sometime." The Elf exclaims before leaping to their feet.

"Well it would be a waste not to partake at our allies' suggestion. Now a Pirate Captain seems like they simply must have a grand tale or three to spill."

Moving over towards the Punch bowl, it takes the offered Glass and takes a sip before bowing to the Captain. "Greetings! I am new here and would simply love to know your story!"

Radiant Oath

Male Human, Half Elf Cleric-Warpriest AC 17/19 HP 17 Percep +6 Skills Diplomacy +6, Medicine +6, Religion +6, Warfare Lore +3

Not one to pass up on offered drink and food, I work my way to the offered hospitality and move in closer to hear of the tales being spun.

Envoy's Alliance

Male halfling rogue (thief) 1 | AC 18, +1 vs atk by traps | F 4 R 9 W 7, +1 vs traps | hp 15/15 | Perc +7, +1 vs traps | Effects:

Boram climbs down from his perch and exhales. "Well, I didn't realize how odd this would feel - I've never been to a party like this where I didn't have some assigned task. I'm a bit at a loss."

He looks around the throng of people for a long moment before turning to the gentleman that he entered with. "I should like to introduce myself to Venture-Captain Fola Barum, but I'm afraid ... do you happen to see her? You sounded like you might be familiar with her...?" He adds the last hopefully with raised eyebrows.

Radiant Oath

Perception +3; low-light vision AC 15; Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +5 HP 12 Focus Points 1 Hero Points 1

The elf will eat politely, picking at only the choicest fruits and small cuts of meat, and the softest of breads.

I think that he has heard of the Pathfinder Society but having spent most of his time in diplomatic training in Kyonin doesnt know too much about who is who

Horizon Hunters

Male Human (Kellid) Ranger/1 AC 17, | F 7 R 8 W 4, hp 20/20 Perception +6 Hero Points: 3

Rodlas becomes aware of a large but quiet human hovering between keeping far away from other people and drawn to the free food. A large hand quickly snatches up cuts of meat, breads and pastries.

He is dark-haired, with stormy grey eyes peering from under a pronounced brow. Garbed in furs and skins that would offer protection against icy winds and with a longbow crafted from the bones of some large creature, the man is clearly a huntsman from the frozen tundra of the realm of the mammoth lands.

As he becomes aware that he has been noticed, he grins, swallows the food and offers a greasy, crumb covered hand.

"I am Kra'a. This is good food. Yes?"

Radiant Oath

Perception +3; low-light vision AC 15; Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +5 HP 12 Focus Points 1 Hero Points 1

Noticing the new comer the elf will reply You have the most beautiful shade of gray to your eyes he comments.

Radiant Oath

Male Human, Half Elf Cleric-Warpriest AC 17/19 HP 17 Percep +6 Skills Diplomacy +6, Medicine +6, Religion +6, Warfare Lore +3

Not used to compliments that Rodlas has made to Kra'a, I try not to cough into into my bourbon barrel stout and make for an extra long pull of it, shifting a bit closer and commenting to Kra'a, Oh yes the food is excellent and this bourbon barrel stout would surely give even the strongest consitution a run for its money my good man!

Nodding to Kra'a and Rodlas, I am Titus


GM:
Society Roumatha: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Society Rodlas: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (18) + 0 = 18
Society Boram: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Society Wit: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Society Kra'r: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (7) + 0 = 7
Society Titus: 1d20 ⇒ 4

1d10 ⇒ 3 - Flotsam Graveyard
1d10 ⇒ 2 - Ambrus
1d10 ⇒ 10 - reroll
1d10 ⇒ 2 - reroll
1d10 ⇒ 8 - Valais Durant

Roumatha:
You don't recall anything of significance about any of te Faction Leaders.

Rodlas:
1d10 ⇒ 5 You notice a Taldan Lady, Gloriana Morilla, She long led the Sovereign Court, an international organization supporting young nobles across Avistan. She and her agents were instrumental in Grand Princess Eutropia’s rise to power in taldor

Boram:
You don't recall anything of significance about any of te Faction Leaders.

Wit:
You don't recall anything of significance about any of te Faction Leaders.

Kra'a:
You don't recall anything of significance about any of te Faction Leaders.

Titus:
1d10 ⇒ 10 You notice Ambrus Valsin, the Steward of the Grand Lodge a tall, tan man with meticulously groomed hair and mutton chops. He runs the daily operations of the Grand Lodge with a keen eye for details while also overseeing Pathfinders’ missions in Absalom. He likes a practical joke as much as anyone.

Wit wrote:
Moving over towards the Punch bowl, it takes the offered Glass and takes a sip before bowing to the Captain. "Greetings! I am new here and would simply love to know your story!"

Standing with the Captain is Valais Durant a beautiful woman with purple eyes and purple lipstick to match. Her picture is in the NPC folder of the google drive.

If you wish to talk privately to the Captain, you will need to also distract her. You can do with with either Diplomacy or Deception checks, or in Her case, any Crafting, Medicine or Lore skil. Please let me know which it will be.

Envoy's Alliance

Male halfling rogue (thief) 1 | AC 18, +1 vs atk by traps | F 4 R 9 W 7, +1 vs traps | hp 15/15 | Perc +7, +1 vs traps | Effects:

Boram was hoping to get some assistance from Roumatha, but he can tag along with Wit and try to provide some aid, distracting Valais Durant. Pausing for Roumatha's response.

Radiant Oath

Perception +3; low-light vision AC 15; Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +5 HP 12 Focus Points 1 Hero Points 1

Is their an equivalent to the Sovereign Court in PFS 2.0?


Boram Keenbranch wrote:
Boram was hoping to get some assistance from Roumatha, but he can tag along with Wit and try to provide some aid, distracting Valais Durant. Pausing for Roumatha's response.

We will get to all of the faction leaders, but I may go mad if you split up at this point ;)

Rodlas Windracer wrote:
Is their an equivalent to the Sovereign Court in PFS 2.0?

Now would be a really good time to find out, she's a good one to ask.....


Also, you each start the scenario with 1 Hero Point.

Horizon Hunters

Male Human (Kellid) Ranger/1 AC 17, | F 7 R 8 W 4, hp 20/20 Perception +6 Hero Points: 3

There's slightly shy smile on his lips at the compliment which then becomes a beaming grin as the stout is mentioned.
"Ah, yes the Ulfen offer that in trade - they say it helps keep you warm out on the ice. Have any of you been out on the glaciers?"
Kra'a looks at everyone to see if there is any confirmation. He is obviously being a bit too loud to cover his shyness and looking for a familiar topic of conversation.

Radiant Oath

Perception +3; low-light vision AC 15; Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +5 HP 12 Focus Points 1 Hero Points 1

The elf will approach Valais and inquire Good afternoon, I am recently arrived in Absalom from Kyonin. Looking at the current Pathfinder Society, I am wondering what happened to the Sovereign Court?

Vigilant Seal

Male Scholar Elf Bard(Muse) / 1 HP: 14 /14 | TEMPS: / AC: 18 | F:+3, R:+5, W:+6 | Perc: +6 Speed 30ft | Low-Light Vision | 1st Level Spells 2/2 | Focus Pool: 1/1 | Hero Points: 1 |Active Conditions:Shield: +1 AC

The boisterous Elf smiles broadly at the Heavenly Woman stood next to the Pirate Captain and gives her a deep bow before introducing themselves.

"You are a truly refreshing Sight at this Gala, the patterns upon your cheeks are simply glorious to behold." Wit beams, charm and flattery turned to maximum. "I would love to make your Acquaintance and hear of your surely unique tale, but I have business with the Delightful Captain here and it would not do to keep them waiting, I am sure you understand."

Wit's smile broadens, trying to take any presumed offence out of their words, meaning nothing ill with their statement.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Radiant Oath

Male Human, Half Elf Cleric-Warpriest AC 17/19 HP 17 Percep +6 Skills Diplomacy +6, Medicine +6, Religion +6, Warfare Lore +3

Looking at Kra'a, I go and grab a second bourbon barrle stout and hand it to him... This drink is like the very milk of dragons, but I think we should be careful for I am not even sure the Dawnflower can cure the hangover this drink might cause if drunk in vast quantities....but I am sure you can handle a few!

I then walk over to Ambrus and if I can speak with him, without intrupting him and being formal and in good manners.

Steward Ambrus, I am Titus and while you may not know me at all my goodman, pay attention to my newly met friend Kra'a who is about to drink the very milk of dragons, the stout is said to be three times the strength of normal stouts...I wonder how many before he feels it. And in a bit more serious.... I know you are busy my good man, but perhaps I could get on your schedule to meet with you and see if I could aid the society in some manner that would be in alignment with the Dawnflower?

Diplomancy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17


Rodlas Windracer wrote:
The elf will approach Valais and inquire Good afternoon, I am recently arrived in Absalom from Kyonin. Looking at the current Pathfinder Society, I am wondering what happened to the Sovereign Court?

Could I have a skill check to go with that please? Diplomacy, or Lore - Pathfinder society seems right.


'Wit' wrote:

The boisterous Elf smiles broadly at the Heavenly Woman stood next to the Pirate Captain and gives her a deep bow before introducing themselves.

"You are a truly refreshing Sight at this Gala, the patterns upon your cheeks are simply glorious to behold." Wit beams, charm and flattery turned to maximum. "I would love to make your Acquaintance and hear of your surely unique tale, but I have business with the Delightful Captain here and it would not do to keep them waiting, I am sure you understand."

Wit's smile broadens, trying to take any presumed offence out of their words, meaning nothing ill with their statement.

Valias smiles warmly at Wit. "Your offer is kind. I have almost finished my business with the captain, perhaps you could join me once yours is concluded?


Titus Au Parthicus wrote:

I then walk over to Ambrus and if I can speak with him, without intrupting him and being formal and in good manners.

Steward Ambrus, I am Titus and while you may not know me at all my goodman, pay attention to my newly met friend Kra'a who is about to drink the very milk of dragons, the stout is said to be three times the strength of normal stouts...I wonder how many before he feels it. And in a bit more serious.... I know you are busy my good man, but perhaps I could get on your schedule to meet with you and see if I could aid the society in some manner that would be in alignment with the Dawnflower?

Ambrus looks sternly at Titus. "I'm sure the man can handle himself." he says, then turns and walks away.

Horizon Hunters

Male Human (Kellid) Ranger/1 AC 17, | F 7 R 8 W 4, hp 20/20 Perception +6 Hero Points: 3

Kra'a happily broaches the barrel while continuing to talk about the tundra and glaciers of his homeland - possibly distracting the woman with his Lore of that terrain.

Rather than guzzling the stout, he finds himself a glass near the punch bowl and uses that to dip into the barrel and start drinking at a sensible rate.

Envoy's Alliance

Male halfling rogue (thief) 1 | AC 18, +1 vs atk by traps | F 4 R 9 W 7, +1 vs traps | hp 15/15 | Perc +7, +1 vs traps | Effects:

My post got ninja’d yesterday, so I deleted it. I followed Wit to the punch bowl, but am just taking everything in. He obviously needs no aid.


Kra'a, give me a lore check please!

Radiant Oath

Perception +3; low-light vision AC 15; Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +5 HP 12 Focus Points 1 Hero Points 1

Lore 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Vigilant Seal

Male Scholar Elf Bard(Muse) / 1 HP: 14 /14 | TEMPS: / AC: 18 | F:+3, R:+5, W:+6 | Perc: +6 Speed 30ft | Low-Light Vision | 1st Level Spells 2/2 | Focus Pool: 1/1 | Hero Points: 1 |Active Conditions:Shield: +1 AC
Valais wrote:
Valias smiles warmly at Wit. "Your offer is kind. I have almost finished my business with the captain, perhaps you could join me once yours is concluded?

"It would be my pleasure to spend another moment in your enlightened presence." Wit beamed as he bid Valais farewell, waiting patiently for the woman to finish her business with the Captain before speaking with the pirate any further.

Envoy's Alliance

Male Half-Elf Ranger 2 | AC 19 | HP30/30 | F: 7, R: 7, W: 5 |Perc: +7 (+9 vs target)

The half-elf turns his head back and forth before replying to the halfling: "Alas, I cannot quite make out where Fola Barum is right now... perhaps she is preparing for some official ceremony. In the meantime, it looks like our elven friends are charming the good captain, so it could be wise to follow and hear what she has to say."

Once he joins the rest near the captain, he partakes in the punch until there is a pause in the conversation. Sensing a suitable moment, he addresses the half-orc captain. "Please allow to introduce myself - Roumatha Esthor, I'm honoured to make your acquaintance. I come from the land of forests and rivers, and have never been out in the open sea. Is it really as dangerous as the sailors' tales make it seem? Have you encountered any huge underwater beasts on your exploits?"

No check to go along with that as Roumatha is untrained in talking skills; I'm just hoping that she likes to boast a bit :)

Horizon Hunters

Male Human (Kellid) Ranger/1 AC 17, | F 7 R 8 W 4, hp 20/20 Perception +6 Hero Points: 3
Venture-Captain Arvin wrote:
Kra'a, give me a lore check please!

Arctic/Tundra Lore Lore: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12


Roumatha Esthor wrote:
No check to go along with that as Roumatha is untrained in talking skills; I'm just hoping that she likes to boast a bit :)

From what you have overheard, Crafting, or Medicine are subjects which may interest her (which you have skills in...)

Kra'a wrote:
Arctic/Tundra Lore [dice=Lore]1d20+3

The lady looks over as Kra'a speaks, but doesn't move to join in the conversation. Turning back instead to the Captain.

Once everyone has attempted a skill check that wants to, I'll move us along.


GM:

1: 1d10 ⇒ 9
2: 1d10 ⇒ 1
3: 1d10 ⇒ 3


Rodlas Windracer wrote:
The elf will approach Valais and inquire Good afternoon, I am recently arrived in Absalom from Kyonin. Looking at the current Pathfinder Society, I am wondering what happened to the Sovereign Court?

"Now that's not a name many initiates know. The court continues much as before, though with a little less influence than we had hoped within the society." Valais begins, moving Wit and Rodlas away a little, and leaving an opening for the others to speak to the Captain uninterrupted.

The captain Laughs "Well done initiates, you got me alone quite smoothly. I have a job that could use such skills if you wish it? I have a friend, one most would think quite odd, they are Naga. They were falsely accused of a crime, and sentenced to the Charge of the Gorgon. Unfortunately, they failed to escape and are now one of the many statues in Westgate. I have managed to arrange permission for them to be released from this torment, but I would like you to take care of the details. This should help," She hands Titus a clay pot. "this should remove the paralysis. Also, this," she hands Boram an unmarked hip flask, "A pick-me-up for when you really need to get back on your feet."

"Do you have any questions, for me, or about the mission?"

Radiant Oath

Perception +3; low-light vision AC 15; Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +5 HP 12 Focus Points 1 Hero Points 1

Does the Court go by another name? he inquires of Valais.


Rodlas Windracer wrote:
Does the Court go by another name? he inquires of Valais.

"Oh! You are playing with me! The Court is a secret! How could you know of it and not know that?"

Envoy's Alliance

Male Half-Elf Ranger 2 | AC 19 | HP30/30 | F: 7, R: 7, W: 5 |Perc: +7 (+9 vs target)

"Wow, is that a de-petrifying elixir? Did you craft it yourself? Surely its formula must be immensely complex? I am but an amateur, but I'd love to learn to craft one someday. So far, I haven't quite managed to get the ablution process stable enough to try that."
Crafting: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

After hearing about the mission, Roumatha asks: "To whom in Westgate shall we present the permission?"


Roumatha Esthor wrote:

"Wow, is that a de-petrifying elixir? Did you craft it yourself? Surely its formula must be immensely complex? I am but an amateur, but I'd love to learn to craft one someday. So far, I haven't quite managed to get the ablution process stable enough to try that."

[dice=Crafting]1d20+6

After hearing about the mission, Roumatha asks: "To whom in Westgate shall we present the permission?"

The pirate smiles at Roumatha. "Yes, this should de-petrify my friend nicely. But no, I did not make it. My skills lie elsewhere. I purchased this one."

"The authorities in Westgate know of your mission, and will not get in the way. Presenting your symbols of the Pathfinder society, should suffice."

Envoy's Alliance

Male halfling rogue (thief) 1 | AC 18, +1 vs atk by traps | F 4 R 9 W 7, +1 vs traps | hp 15/15 | Perc +7, +1 vs traps | Effects:

”If I may, what challenges do you foresee, then, if the proper authorities are aware and accepting of our task? Are the others less amenable to your friend being freed?”


"I would hope it will be a walk in the park for you. I would be giving the task to more experienced pathfinders if I thought there was any danger. Of course, the residents down there like their little tradition. But I'm sure you won't see trouble."

1 to 50 of 359 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PFS2 01-01 The Absalom Initiation All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.