GM Tyranius (PF2) Origin of the Open Road (Inactive)

Game Master Tyranius

Tactical Map


1 to 50 of 301 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Dot in please

Dark Archive

During your travel to Quantium, the capital of Nex, you contemplate the letter from Kreighton Shaine and the task set before you.

Letter from Kreighton Shaine:

Illustrious Agents—

Thank you for agreeing to travel south to Quantium, the capital of Nex, on critical Pathfinder Society business. I hope you’ll find the destination agreeable; Nex is an ancient land steeped in powerful magic and Quantium is a cosmopolitan city of merchants and wizards. As promised, this letter details the specific requirements of your excursion.

Your first order of business is to meet with Sebnet Sanserkoht and deliver her the sapphire I’ve included with this letter. She is the venture-captain of Nexus House, one of the earliest Pathfinder Society lodges. In fact, she might refer to herself as “vash-vatom,”a very old title that predates venture-captain. You could demonstrate respect by referring to her by this title; providing Sebnet with a good impression is critical to strengthening the relationship between the Grand Lodge and Nexus House. The sapphire I’ve given you is encoded with information we have in the Grand Lodge about Nexus House’s founding, and Sebnet is eager to obtain it.

Your second task is to acquire information from the Nexus House archives on some of the very first Pathfinders. Our records from the early days of the Society have been frightfully damaged or mislaid in the numerous recent attacks on the Grand Lodge. Specifically, you’re to recover information about:

• Expedition records of Durvin Gest, one of the most celebrated early Pathfinders, regarding his treasure hunts in the Mwangi Expanse.
• A cargo manifest of spices penned by Selmius Foster, who opened the Vudrani spice trade to Absalom.
• City permits drafted by Adolphus, Selmius’ Foster’s apprentice and founder of Nexus House.
• Written records of early Pathfinder Kerinha Napsunar.

Although this trip is primarily a research assignment, we’re sending seasoned agents like yourselves to show Sebnet how seriously we take Nexus House’s aid, but also because the information you’re to collect is critical to the Grand Lodge.

For amity and erudition,
Kreighton Shaine

******

The small caravan makes it's way into Quantium, the capital city of Nex as you make your way to the Nexus House around mid-day.

Nexus House was the second lodge founded by the Pathfinder Society (after the Grand Lodge in Absalom). The Pathfinder Adolphus and his wife, a Vudrani princess named Ganjay, established the lodge using funds stolen from the treasury of Bhopan. It is a sprawling, opulent building with unusual magical extravagances seen nowhere else. This is immediately apparent in Nexus House’s grand hall, where at one end two statues—noble representations of Adolphus and Princess Ganjay—flank an ornamental waterfall that flows upward, from floor to ceiling.

“There are my honored guests!” cries a bronze-skinned gnome with bright streaks of gold in her dark hair, a vibrant red tunic, and enough glittering earrings, bangles, and necklaces to supply a modestly sized jewelry store. “I was concluding some urgent business here, or I would have met you at the dock. Sebnet Sanserkoht, at your service.” The gnome gives you a gracious bow and a large grin. “Alas, my last-minute business didn’t permit me to review Kreighton Shaine’s letters to me. If you don’t mind, please remind me how I can help you and— oh!—I ought know your names as well. Rude of me to have omitted proper introductions.”


“Valeros” | Male NG Medium Human (Skilled) Fighter 5 | HP 68/78 Perception +10 (Expert) | AC 23 (25 with Shield) | F +12 R +11 W +10 | Speed 25ft | Active Conditions: none

The tall, somewhat imposing Taldan gazes over all of the oppulence and grand architecture of the Societiy's second lodge, entranced by the sight. Luckily the person they'd been sent to find was loud, bright and forthwright. He gives the gnome a smile, before kneeling and giving her a bow. "It's a pleasure to meet you Vash-vatom, I have that right, right? I am Valeros, and Kreighton sent us to see if we could find copies of some of the early pathfinder exploits. Though why he sent someone who's better at cutting things than searching for them I will never know. However, we have a list and everything. Oh, and a saphirre for you." Valeros then glances to whoever decided to hold onto the precious gem.


Amiri F Human Barbarian 5 | Speed 25ft | HP: 71/83 | Hero Point: 3/1 | AC: 22 (20 with armor Destroyed) | Fort: +12 | Will: +9 | Reflex: +10 | Perception: +9 (+11 with Initiative)

A rough rather imposing looking Kellid woman with a large bastard sword on her back walks up and with a slight bow.

Pleased to meet you vash-vatom, this is a wonderful lodge you have here. My name is Amiri and we were sent by Kreighton Shaine like my friend here stated. We are hoping to find some rather important and useful information in this wonderful place.


Fumbus | HP 40/56 | AC 22 20 | resist fire 2 | Fort +11, Ref +13, Will +7 | Infused reagents remaining: 0 | Hero Points: 1/2

A twitchy-looking goblin male carrying all manner of flasks and vials and bombs joins the group.
"I'm Fumbus! I'll help blow things up, that's kinda my thing. Good to meet you!"

Dark Archive

NG Human Cleric 5 | HP: 48 | AC: 22| Resist Harm 5 | F: +9, R: +9, W: +13 | Perc: +13 (expert) | SPELLS: daze, detect magic, disrupt undead, guidance, stabilize | 1ST LEVEL: Sanctuary, spirit linkx 1 / 2 | 2ND LEVEL: dispel magic, restoration, spiritual weapon | 3RD LEVEL heal (×2 /5), searing light | Speed 25 ft | Active Conditions:

"Sarenrae shines brightest upon the prepared, my good Valeros. One never knows when even the most mundane of researches can turn up a nasty surprise best handled with a sharp blade. I'm sure your talents will be of use."

Kyra turns to the gnome and offers a deep bow. "Vash-vatom, my name is Kyra, and I am a humble servant of Sarenrae. Kreighton Shaine indeed sent us here on a fact-finding mission concerning some of the greatest of the early pathfinders, including those two august personages depicted in such grand statuary fashion at the end of this hall. But first, a gift."

With a flourish, Kyra pulls out the sapphire and offers it to the gnome.
"We do not merely come here begging for your largesse, but rather offering an exchange of valuable information. This encoded sapphire contains all that the Grand Lodge knows about Nexus House’s founding."

This all presupposes that the description we were given of Sebnet Sanserkoht is that she indeed is a gnome who favors opulent fashion.


f Elf (whisper elf) rogue/5|speed 35| perc +11| hp 56/56| ac 21| fort +9, ref +13, will +11

Merisiel steps out of the shadow she was standing in. My name is Merisiel, and i hope this expedition is more than just sifting through old records, that becomes so tiresome


“Valeros” | Male NG Medium Human (Skilled) Fighter 5 | HP 68/78 Perception +10 (Expert) | AC 23 (25 with Shield) | F +12 R +11 W +10 | Speed 25ft | Active Conditions: none
Kyra aka Uktar pregen wrote:

"Sarenrae shines brightest upon the prepared, my good Valeros. One never knows when even the most mundane of researches can turn up a nasty surprise best handled with a sharp blade. I'm sure your talents will be of use."

Valeros gives a small frown, before gracing the woman with a teasing smile. "I guess that is probably why I am here. Though, personally, I'm hoping it will turn up pleasent surprises that will need my other talents, if you get what I mean."

Scarab Sages

M Human Wizard 5: Spd25, HP:53/53, AC:20 (21 with shield raised) Fort:10, Ref:12, Will:11, Perc:9, Stealth:10

The wizards walks in, Name is Jelly. Say, no sorcerers in Pathfinder on these mission, wizards must be better. Even though the player likes sorcerers more, decided that would be his personality
While the sorcerers were busy mage handing pranks on people in school cause they didn't need to study magic, I was studying up on all topics, magical and nonmagical and how to use fireball responsibly.

Dark Archive

Sebnet accepts the sapphire with open arms. She taps her chin with a ringed finger. “Those records all sound quite old, which would put them in our Orrery Archive. Please come this way.” The venture-captain strides through one of the archways off the great hall, gesturing for you to follow and chatting as she goes. “There was something of an astronomy craze around here about three hundred years ago, but the apparatus at the center of the rooms that became the Orrery Archive has been gathering dust for quite a while. That is, it would, if we didn’t have enchantments to repel dust.” Sebnet runs a finger along a decorative table as she passes, then holds up her clean digit to showcase her point.

“I’ll take you to the archive entrance and leave you to perform your research in peace. Gather any records you need, and we’ll have scribes transcribe copies of whatever you find. The records might be something of a jumble, I’m afraid. As I said, the Orrery Archive is where we store older records, and they might not have been accessed in quite some time. While we’re walking, do you have any questions?”


“Valeros” | Male NG Medium Human (Skilled) Fighter 5 | HP 68/78 Perception +10 (Expert) | AC 23 (25 with Shield) | F +12 R +11 W +10 | Speed 25ft | Active Conditions: none

Valeros raises his hand after Sebnet finishes chattering away. "Uh, I have one big question. That archway didn't look like it lead here... Also any enchantments that might be to repel intruders? Hate to run into something that is intended to kill."

Dark Archive

NG Human Cleric 5 | HP: 48 | AC: 22| Resist Harm 5 | F: +9, R: +9, W: +13 | Perc: +13 (expert) | SPELLS: daze, detect magic, disrupt undead, guidance, stabilize | 1ST LEVEL: Sanctuary, spirit linkx 1 / 2 | 2ND LEVEL: dispel magic, restoration, spiritual weapon | 3RD LEVEL heal (×2 /5), searing light | Speed 25 ft | Active Conditions:

"Perhaps the most important question is whether there is anything we can do for you? Building upon the strong, ancient foundations shared by the Grand Lodge and Nexus House is as important as digging through old archives. Is there anything for which we could be of assistance to you and Nexus House?"

Diplomacy (trained): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26


Fumbus | HP 40/56 | AC 22 20 | resist fire 2 | Fort +11, Ref +13, Will +7 | Infused reagents remaining: 0 | Hero Points: 1/2

At Kyra's suggestion, Fumbus nods. "Yeah, we like helping Pathfinders! That's why Fumbus joined! That and, you know, gold."


“Valeros” | Male NG Medium Human (Skilled) Fighter 5 | HP 68/78 Perception +10 (Expert) | AC 23 (25 with Shield) | F +12 R +11 W +10 | Speed 25ft | Active Conditions: none
Cartmanbeck's Pregen Alias wrote:
At Kyra's suggestion, Fumbus nods. "Yeah, we like helping Pathfinders! That's why Fumbus joined! That and, you know, gold."

"That last one's really important. Can't drink with out some cash. Though, I think Fumbus missed a third option: Picking up people."


f Elf (whisper elf) rogue/5|speed 35| perc +11| hp 56/56| ac 21| fort +9, ref +13, will +11

Merisiel rolls her eyes after hearing that. Bah, its more about the excitement, the thrill of the hunt, and getting paid, cant live without getting paid. Well you can but it isnt much of a life.


“Valeros” | Male NG Medium Human (Skilled) Fighter 5 | HP 68/78 Perception +10 (Expert) | AC 23 (25 with Shield) | F +12 R +11 W +10 | Speed 25ft | Active Conditions: none
valerics pregen merisiel wrote:
Merisiel rolls her eyes after hearing that. Bah, its more about the excitement, the thrill of the hunt, and getting paid, cant live without getting paid. Well you can but it isnt much of a life.

Valeros gives a short snort of laughter. "Merisiel, we all know you're the worst for chasing after people. Though you've settled down recently. How have you and Kyra being doing lately?"

Dark Archive

Valeros wrote:
"Uh, I have one big question. That archway didn't look like it lead here... Also any enchantments that might be to repel intruders? Hate to run into something that is intended to kill."

Sebnet taps her chin with her finger as she thinks for a minute. "Nope, no enchantments to repel anyone."

Kyra wrote:
Is there anything for which we could be of assistance to you and Nexus House?"

The little bronze-skinned gnome smiles and shakes her head. "All I ask is please come tell me the stories about what you find interesting in your research."

"Happy Hunting!"

With incredible amounts of volumes to forage, the Pathfinders needs to decide on a method to uncover the archive's secrets.

At this time, each of you may choose an area, as describe below, and spend 1 hour of searching represented by a skill check. You may spend as much time as you want, but let's start with one skill check each at a time as this tracks time flow.

Acrobatics: The steps to the highest shelves are so worn smooth with age as to be dangerously slippery. Reaching these texts requires a successful Acrobatics check to Maintain Balance.

Arcana: One of the tables is enchanted to aid in research, magically flipping pages in any book placed upon it to relevant passages. A successful Arcana check is required to activate it.

Athletics: Some of the bookshelves in this area have collapsed and must be hefted upright with a successful Athletics check to peruse their contents.

Lore: These shelves have several relevant works that are poorly organized. Any successful check with a Lore skill relevant to research, such as Scribing Lore or Pathfinder Society Lore, uncovers useful information.

Nature: The orrery is magically enchanted to aid in research; manipulating its arms into appropriate celestial configurations causes the other arms to swing toward shelves containing related knowledge. Operating the orrery in this way requires a successful Nature check.

Occultism: Piecing together unexpected correlations between relevant works on this balcony requires a successful Occultism check.

Society: This section of the archives has been filed and re-filed by different caretakers many times. Navigating the idiosyncratic filing systems of each successive caretaker (each, of course, thinking their own system to be superior) requires a successful Society check.

Survival: The tidying enchantments in Nexus House make tracks or other evidence of past use difficult to find.In this particular spot, the enchantments are disrupted and clues are more evident. Uncovering traces left here by previous library users (notably, but not only, the Ohrlavis) requires a successful Survival check.

Thievery: Books in this section are protected by glassfronted shelves secured with complicated latches; a successful Thievery check to Disable a Device is required to access them.

General layout of the archive is uploaded into maps.


f Elf (whisper elf) rogue/5|speed 35| perc +11| hp 56/56| ac 21| fort +9, ref +13, will +11

As soon as Merisiel finds there are books that are secured she breals out the thieves tools and begins disabling the mechanism.thievery: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32


“Valeros” | Male NG Medium Human (Skilled) Fighter 5 | HP 68/78 Perception +10 (Expert) | AC 23 (25 with Shield) | F +12 R +11 W +10 | Speed 25ft | Active Conditions: none

Valeros notices te fallen bookshelves and decides this is probably the place he can best help the search efforts. He takes one of the things and lifts.

Athletics (expert): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14 Ouch, that's an auto crit failure

Though he tries to show off a little too much by lifting it one handed and it doesn't go very well.


Fumbus | HP 40/56 | AC 22 20 | resist fire 2 | Fort +11, Ref +13, Will +7 | Infused reagents remaining: 0 | Hero Points: 1/2

Fumbus, noticing the texts up the slippery stairs, heads up that way.
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29

Dark Archive

NG Human Cleric 5 | HP: 48 | AC: 22| Resist Harm 5 | F: +9, R: +9, W: +13 | Perc: +13 (expert) | SPELLS: daze, detect magic, disrupt undead, guidance, stabilize | 1ST LEVEL: Sanctuary, spirit linkx 1 / 2 | 2ND LEVEL: dispel magic, restoration, spiritual weapon | 3RD LEVEL heal (×2 /5), searing light | Speed 25 ft | Active Conditions:

Kyra quietly mutters to herself, "Never send in a boy to do a woman's job."
She clears her throat. "Perhaps I could be of assistance, Valeros."

While the fighter is busy showing off, Kyra looks for a sturdy chunk of debris she could use to both pry and prop up the fallen shelf, then casts guidance upon herself and puts her back into it.

Athletics (trained): 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 1 = 14


“Valeros” | Male NG Medium Human (Skilled) Fighter 5 | HP 68/78 Perception +10 (Expert) | AC 23 (25 with Shield) | F +12 R +11 W +10 | Speed 25ft | Active Conditions: none
Kyra aka Uktar pregen wrote:

Kyra quietly mutters to herself, "Never send in a boy to do a woman's job."

She clears her throat. "Perhaps I could be of assistance, Valeros."

He gives her a lavish smile. "Oh you can always be of assistance. Assuming your lover doesn't mind." His back gives an odd click before his face goes white. "Though, some help would be nice, truly."

Dark Archive

Just awaiting checks from Bozzinator and Doublegold.

@Valeros- A nat 1 and Nat 20 are no longer auto fail and auto crit. They simply reduce the success or failure by 1 step now. So if your entire roll comes out as a success and you roll a Nat 1 it is now a fail. If the total comes well above the DC into a critical success and you roll a nat 1, then it is just a success now.


Amiri F Human Barbarian 5 | Speed 25ft | HP: 71/83 | Hero Point: 3/1 | AC: 22 (20 with armor Destroyed) | Fort: +12 | Will: +9 | Reflex: +10 | Perception: +9 (+11 with Initiative)

Well at least there is some heavy lifting for me to do

Athletics: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20

Scarab Sages

M Human Wizard 5: Spd25, HP:53/53, AC:20 (21 with shield raised) Fort:10, Ref:12, Will:11, Perc:9, Stealth:10

Jelly will do what he does best, study magic arcana: 13 + 1d20 ⇒ 13 + (12) = 25

Dark Archive

At once Merisiel gets to work on the complicated latches and makes easy work of their design flaws. Taking out her thieves tools she removes the latches completely. Critical Success + 2 Successes

Valeros tries to help out with the fallen bookshelf. Spitting on his hands he begins to life. The bookshelf catches on the way up as it twists and knocks over another shelf! Critical Fail -1 Success

Even with the shelves smooth with age, that doesn't stop a goblin as Fumbus nimbly climbs up to the highest shelf, proclaiming himself king of the bookshelves, overseeing all of his domain. +1 Success

Muttering to herself Kyra is out helping Valeros and is nearly buried in books as the man's shelf slips in his grasp, knocking into her own. Failure

Amiri catches the pair, holding both book shelve's steady as she begins to set them right. +1 Success

Jelly sits at one of the tables and begins to flip here and there through some of the enchanted pages. +1 Success

Time Spent: (1 Hour)
Total Successes: (4)

Jelly manages to find something interesting. He finds the location of the material related to Durvin Gest’s Mwangi expeditions. These are the specific records Kreighton Shaine wants, but they also include references to the Open Road Pact: some sort of agreement between Durvin Gest, Selmius Foster, Gregaro Voth, and Kerinha Napsunar when they were all in the Mwangi Expanse together. This Open Road Pact is completely unknown in the Grand Lodge, and you are certain that Kreighton Shaine will want to know more about it. Unfortunately, the referenced folio detailing the Open Road Pact is missing.

Picking up a few of the books as Amiri rights the shelves, Kyra and Valeros find some old catalogues of records kept at the archives that refer to a Pathfinder named “Kerinha Napsunar”. The records themselves are nowhere to be found. On top of that, several other sections of works regarding Nexian ooze-crafting are missing. The missing folio about the Open Road Pact was filed near them and the missing works (including the details of Kerinha Napsunar’s expeditions) were likely all taken together at once.

Unfortunately your research is gravely interrupted as six of the statues flare to life as they animate and begin slowly moving forward in a menacing manner as the sound of grinding stone fills the research chamber.

Init:

Amiri: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22
Fumbus: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Jelly: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Valeros: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
Kyra: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24
Meresiel: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27
Statue: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

Round 1
Meresiel
---------------------------------
Statues (Arcana or Crafting to ID)
---------------------------------
Fumbus
Kyra
Amiri
Valeros
Jelly


f Elf (whisper elf) rogue/5|speed 35| perc +11| hp 56/56| ac 21| fort +9, ref +13, will +11

Meresiel backs up towards the rest of the group and waits to see what happens next. one action to move back and 2 actions to ready quick draw to attack if a enemy presents itself


“Valeros” | Male NG Medium Human (Skilled) Fighter 5 | HP 68/78 Perception +10 (Expert) | AC 23 (25 with Shield) | F +12 R +11 W +10 | Speed 25ft | Active Conditions: none
GM Tyranius wrote:
Valeros tries to help out with the fallen bookshelf. Spitting on his hands he begins to life. The bookshelf catches on the way up as it twists and knocks over another shelf!

Valeros gives a smile as he shows off his strength wrenching the shelf up and free in one smooth motion, but the smile turns into a frown of worry as the shelf moves oddly.

GM Tyranius wrote:
Muttering to herself Kyra is out helping Valeros and is nearly buried in books as the man's shelf slips in his grasp, knocking into her own.

His frown then turns into a look of worry as Kyra gets buried in a pile of books. He rushes forward to start digging her out. "Aww Cayden dammit! I'm so sorry Kyra. Are you okay? I guess I owe you a drink after that. Sorry for trying to show off..."

GM Tyranius wrote:
Amiri catches the pair, holding both book shelve's steady as she begins to set them right.

Kyra out of the rubble, Valeros rushes into to help Amiri, giving her an appreciative glance. "Thanks for that. Also, damn you got a nice set of arms!"

GM Tyranius wrote:
Even with the shelves smooth with age, that doesn't stop a goblin as Fumbus nimbly climbs up to the highest shelf, proclaiming himself king of the bookshelves, overseeing all of his domain.

Picking up some of the scrambled books, Valeros looks over to the little goblin. "You know I had some apprehensions, but the little fellow has been proving to be rather useful." He glacnes at the two women near him. "We should inviie him drinking later!

He then hollers at the little king. "OI, king of the bookshelves! Wanna get a drink after all of this is over? After that fudge up I guess I owe everyone a round. Especially the king of the bookshelves!"

When the statues start grinding to life the fighter finds himself half buried in a pile of books, with ones in each hand. He drops them and starts trying to extract himself from the pile. "Dangit, dangit, dangit. Sebnet said there wasn't anything that was going to try to kill us down here!"

Dark Archive

Meresiel hears the grinding stones and backs up for a better group defense as the statues slowly move out from their pedestals. Two of the statues reach Jelly and Valeros as the stone fists reach back and swing lazily at the pair.

Blue Fist vs Jelly AC 20: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
Damage (Bludgeoning): 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 + Grab Critical Success so damage is 26

Red Fist vs Valeros AC 23: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
Damage (Bludgeoning): 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 + Grab

The stone hand wraps painfully around Jelly's face as it begins to slowly crush his head. Valeros ducks out of the way as the other statue knocks down the book shelf that Amiri set back up.

Round 2
Meresiel
---------------------------------
Statues (Arcana or Crafting to ID)
---------------------------------
Fumbus
Kyra
Amiri
Valeros
Jelly (27/53; grabbed)


f Elf (whisper elf) rogue/5|speed 35| perc +11| hp 56/56| ac 21| fort +9, ref +13, will +11

double move to get into flank with valeros and attacking with rapier rapier: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 232d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 5) + 4 = 14


Fumbus | HP 40/56 | AC 22 20 | resist fire 2 | Fort +11, Ref +13, Will +7 | Infused reagents remaining: 0 | Hero Points: 1/2

Fumbus hops down from the area he had climbed.
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29

If Valeros or Merisiel is not okay with me throwing these, I can't do so:
Then he will throw an acid flask, followed quickly by an alchemist's fire, to see which one affects the statue best.
Acid flask toss: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26 persistent acid: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5
Alchemist's fire toss: 1d20 + 11 - 5 ⇒ (18) + 11 - 5 = 24 fire: 2d8 + 1 ⇒ (7, 3) + 1 = 11
I am choosing NOT to use Calculated Splash with these two bombs, so that I only deal 1 Acid damage and 1 Fire damage to my two allies who are surrounding the statue.

Action 1: Stride, including Acrobatics to hop down. Action 2: draw and throw Acid flask. Action 3: draw and throw Alchemist's Fire.


Amiri F Human Barbarian 5 | Speed 25ft | HP: 71/83 | Hero Point: 3/1 | AC: 22 (20 with armor Destroyed) | Fort: +12 | Will: +9 | Reflex: +10 | Perception: +9 (+11 with Initiative)

1 Action to pull my weapon 2 handed, 1 action to rage, then attack

Amiri will look at the red statue and yell and swing.

I knew it wasn't gonna be that easy but I was getting bored, let's go!!

Attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16
damage: 2d12 + 10 ⇒ (9, 4) + 10 = 23

Dark Archive

NG Human Cleric 5 | HP: 48 | AC: 22| Resist Harm 5 | F: +9, R: +9, W: +13 | Perc: +13 (expert) | SPELLS: daze, detect magic, disrupt undead, guidance, stabilize | 1ST LEVEL: Sanctuary, spirit linkx 1 / 2 | 2ND LEVEL: dispel magic, restoration, spiritual weapon | 3RD LEVEL heal (×2 /5), searing light | Speed 25 ft | Active Conditions:

Boxed in by the enemy, Kyra worries about her allies that are not in sight. "I thought I heard Jelly cry out in alarm. Can anyone see him?"

1 action draw +1 striking scimitar, 2 strike actions on orange (yellow?)

strike 1: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
dmg: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (2, 5) + 3 = 10

strike 2: 1d20 + 11 - 5 ⇒ (5) + 11 - 5 = 11
dmg: 2d6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3, 1) + 3 + 2 = 9 forceful

First one should be a crit? If so, 20 damage.


“Valeros” | Male NG Medium Human (Skilled) Fighter 5 | HP 68/78 Perception +10 (Expert) | AC 23 (25 with Shield) | F +12 R +11 W +10 | Speed 25ft | Active Conditions: none

Valeros listens to Kyra's call and realizes he can't see the wizard himself. "Hey Jelly, If you're dying give us a blood curtling scream or something like that, eh?"

Cartmanbeck's Pregen Alias wrote:


If Valeros or Merisiel is not okay with me throwing these, I can't do so:

Why, I'm positively offended, offended, you hear?

.... that you think I wouldn't let you throw a bomb. :-P Go ahead Fumbus, I don't mind.

Valeros finally digs himself out of the book pile, just in time to get doused in flames and acid. He lets out a small shout of pain. "Fumbus If you wanted to get me undressed, ya could have just asked! Jeeze, this was my best pair of pants!"

With a grumble he slashes out with his longsword and then very quickly follows up with a bash from his shield. He then brings the shield to bear at the statue in hopes of fending the thing off further. "Bloody magical library in a bloody magical lodge."

+1 striking Longsword, Double Slice: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (9) + 16 = 25
Damage, Slashing: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (1, 8) + 4 = 13
Shield boss, doubling rings, double slice: 1d20 + 14 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 14 - 2 = 26
Damage bludgoening: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (1, 6) + 4 = 11

Double slice for the first 2 actions (also causes damage to get added together before weaknesses and what not) and then raise shield for a third. AC is 25 for this round.

Scarab Sages

M Human Wizard 5: Spd25, HP:53/53, AC:20 (21 with shield raised) Fort:10, Ref:12, Will:11, Perc:9, Stealth:10

Just get me out of this thing. Waiting to see if it dies before my turn actually comes up, otherwise, the wizard will have to escape grapple, athletics to escape not his specialty.


“Valeros” | Male NG Medium Human (Skilled) Fighter 5 | HP 68/78 Perception +10 (Expert) | AC 23 (25 with Shield) | F +12 R +11 W +10 | Speed 25ft | Active Conditions: none
Jelly Gelly wrote:
Just get me out of this thing. Waiting to see if it dies before my turn actually comes up, otherwise, the wizard will have to escape grapple, athletics to escape not his specialty.

Well you're actually up right now. So uh roll, roll, roooolllll?

Valeros gives the statue that he and Meriesiel are hacking n slashing at a look before he hollers back. "uhhhhhh.... Can you stay alive for 10 more seconds? Your next five drinks tonight will be on me if you can! Maybe I'll even be your wingman if you want?"

Dark Archive

Apologies, was researching a rule on something here as it seemed odd. Didn't want to post something wrong on it.

@Fumbus- The Moderate acid flask base is 2 splash and the moderate alchemist fire splash is also 2 splash damage.

Fumbus flings a pair of flasks into the stone statue. The acid clings to the pitted stone as it slowly eats away at it, though it doesn't seem to do much to the stonework. Hardness The alchemist flames only seem to make it spread along more of the length of the statue's arm. The flasks splash all over those around the statue, seemingly doing just as much damage to those around him.

Kyra draws a scimitar and slashes it at across the statue's face. the stone crumbles open as a large portion of the head falls to the ground. Amiri pulls back her bastard sword, but is too constricted as the blade doesn't have a chance to build momentum and bounces off the statue.

Valeros smashes his shield into the statue as he hacks it from the opposing side, doing significant damage before raising his shield defensively. Meresiel's rapier finds a large enough crack to poke into as it spreads further. The statue looks very near to collapsing.

Round 2
Meresiel (52/56)
----------------------------------------------------------------
Statues (Red -32; Persistent Acid 2d6 / Fire 3) (Orange -14)
----------------------------------------------------------------
Fumbus
Kyra
Amiri (79/83)
Valeros (74/78)
Jelly (27/53; grabbed)

Scarab Sages

M Human Wizard 5: Spd25, HP:53/53, AC:20 (21 with shield raised) Fort:10, Ref:12, Will:11, Perc:9, Stealth:10

Jelly will try to escape grapple acrobatics: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27

Dark Archive

Jelly kicks free from the statue's grasp as he plants his feet against the animated creature's chest and pushes his head out of the finger's grasp.

You still have 2 actions Jelly.

Scarab Sages

M Human Wizard 5: Spd25, HP:53/53, AC:20 (21 with shield raised) Fort:10, Ref:12, Will:11, Perc:9, Stealth:10

jelly will 5foot shift step and then single move out of the way.

Dark Archive

Retreating to relative safety Jelly stumbles down the stairs. The statues heavy feet slowly follow behind as it reaches out for Jelly once more.

Blue Fist vs Jelly AC 20: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23
Damage (Bludgeoning): 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 + Grab

The statue grabs Jelly by his arm, stopping him from running further away as it silently stares at him with the intent to kill.

Red Fist vs Valeros AC 25: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23
Red Fist vs Valeros AC 25: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Red Fist vs Valeros AC 25: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Valero's deflects the fist with his shield just in time.

Orange Fist vs Kyra AC 22: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24
Damage (Bludgeoning): 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 + Grab

Kyra is not as lucky as the fist wraps around her blade and hand, slowly breaking every bone in her hand.

The flames and fire from Fumbus' flasks don't seem to do any additional harm to the statue. Hardness.

Flat Check DC 15 Acid Flask: 1d20 ⇒ 20
Flat Check DC 15 Alchemist Fire: 1d20 ⇒ 2

The acid seems to sizzle away as it spreads too thin.

Round 3
Meresiel (52/56)
----------------------------------------------------------------
Statues (Red -32; Persistent Fire 3) (Orange -14)
----------------------------------------------------------------
Fumbus
Kyra (36/48; grabbed)
Amiri (79/83)
Valeros (74/78)
Jelly (15/53; grabbed)


Amiri F Human Barbarian 5 | Speed 25ft | HP: 71/83 | Hero Point: 3/1 | AC: 22 (20 with armor Destroyed) | Fort: +12 | Will: +9 | Reflex: +10 | Perception: +9 (+11 with Initiative)

Amiri will swing at Red until it's destroyed then go after Orange.

Attack 1: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23
Attack 2: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Attack 3: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Damage 1: 2d10 + 10 ⇒ (6, 5) + 10 = 21
Damage 2: 2d10 + 10 ⇒ (3, 1) + 10 = 14
Damage 3: 2d10 + 10 ⇒ (5, 1) + 10 = 16


f Elf (whisper elf) rogue/5|speed 35| perc +11| hp 56/56| ac 21| fort +9, ref +13, will +11

Seeing Amari's furious assault on red Miresiel slides behind orange to flank and attacks with her rapier and dagger. rapier: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 272d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 2) + 4 = 11
dagger: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 122d4 + 4 ⇒ (1, 1) + 4 = 6
i dont know if that rapier attack is a crit, let me know if it is please


Fumbus | HP 40/56 | AC 22 20 | resist fire 2 | Fort +11, Ref +13, Will +7 | Infused reagents remaining: 0 | Hero Points: 1/2

Fumbus curses at the ineffectiveness of his flasks. "STOOPID STATUES!"

Fumbus sees another statue coming up behind him. "EEK!!" He grabs his dogslicer and tries to hit the thing instead.

dogslicer: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30
damage: 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (5, 1) + 1 = 7

First action, retrieve dogslicer. Second action, step. Third action, attack.

Dark Archive

Seeing another statue come in from behind him Fumbus grabs his dogslicer and puts a small scratch into the stone. Hardness. Amiri's sword breaks through the statue as it crumbles into a couple large, and once again inanimate pieces on the ground.

Merisiel changes stances and slides over to the other statue to avoid falling chunks of stone. Her rapier slides into the stone as the construct armor falls away, making the statue a bit easier to wound.

Round 3
Meresiel (52/56)
----------------------------------------------------------------
Statues (Orange -19)(Purple -1)
----------------------------------------------------------------
Fumbus
Kyra (36/48; grabbed)
Amiri (79/83)
Valeros (74/78)
Jelly (15/53; grabbed)

Scarab Sages

M Human Wizard 5: Spd25, HP:53/53, AC:20 (21 with shield raised) Fort:10, Ref:12, Will:11, Perc:9, Stealth:10

acrobatics: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23 escaped
And I will take the suggested action, I will jump over without hurting myself and doublemove towards the group athletics: 7 + 1d20 ⇒ 7 + (1) = 8 to not hurt myself jumping down 10 feet. Okay, with that one I probably land prone and don't get quite as far, from where I was to where I am now is exactly 9 squares of movement taking the shortest route. I'd rather be further south than east, further from the green one, feel free to fix my position as to where Jelly could end up.

I probably take falling dmg: 1d6 ⇒ 4


“Valeros” | Male NG Medium Human (Skilled) Fighter 5 | HP 68/78 Perception +10 (Expert) | AC 23 (25 with Shield) | F +12 R +11 W +10 | Speed 25ft | Active Conditions: none

... Lookit the wizard being smart! Of course you could come down instead of Valeros going up. Duh!

Valeros gives the heavily wounded wizard running around a look of horrid bemusenment. Those wounds did not look good but dang did he run funny. The look turns worse as he hears what sounds like a sack of rotten potatoes hitting the ground. The fighter rushes over next to Fumbus and makes a barrier between the statue and Jelly.

Regarding the downed man with a look, he calls to Kyra "Uhhh, Kyra can you get your blessed hands over here and keep our wizard friend from dying a gruesome death?" He then smiles at Jelly. "Loooks liek you earned those drinks tonight my friend!"

He then turns to the statue and Fumbus. Taking a slash at the statue with his sword he points at a few big holes in his pants to Fumbus. "See these? They weren't here before you threw those flasks. Seriously warn a fellow, I'd have taken them off." He points to a moderate sizedon on his backside. "I mean this is just degrading. No mystery anymore! Jeez."

+1 striking Shortsword: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (15) + 16 = 31
Damage, slashing: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (8, 5) + 4 = 17

Dark Archive

NG Human Cleric 5 | HP: 48 | AC: 22| Resist Harm 5 | F: +9, R: +9, W: +13 | Perc: +13 (expert) | SPELLS: daze, detect magic, disrupt undead, guidance, stabilize | 1ST LEVEL: Sanctuary, spirit linkx 1 / 2 | 2ND LEVEL: dispel magic, restoration, spiritual weapon | 3RD LEVEL heal (×2 /5), searing light | Speed 25 ft | Active Conditions:

Kyra cries out "Release me, you vile hunk of stone." and she attempts to escape. After flailing about uselessly, she finally breaks free.

Athletics to Escape: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
Athletics to Escape: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
Athletics to Escape: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

Provided that first 14 wasn't a critical failure.
If it was, then she can't try and escape again, so consider the next 2 d20 rolls as attacks with her scimitar.
Result att#1 (second die roll)=15
dmg?: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (6, 3) + 3 = 12
Result att#2 (third die roll)=19
dmg?: 2d6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (6, 3) + 3 + 2 = 14
If I have any of that wrong, please do let me know.

Dark Archive

@Jelly- Fall damage is no longer a roll and merely half of what you fell with no cap. So 5 in this case. So basically you would break free, jump and stand up from prone.

Kyra pushes and pulls before breaking free at the last possible moment. The 23 did it for you. Valeros moves in to help Jelly as the wizened wizard stands true to his name, sounding like a bag of jelly hitting the ground as he kicks off from the statue and topples over the safety rail on the stairs. Valero's slashes across the statue to keep it occupied, though not for long.

Purple Fist vs Valeros AC 23: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 + Grab

Purple Fist vs Valeros AC 23: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Purple Fist vs Valeros AC 23: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

Valero's feels the weight of the stone crash into his side, breaking numerous ribs.

Orange Fist vs Kyra AC 22: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16
Orange Fist vs Kyra AC 22: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Orange Fist vs Kyra AC 22: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Kyra avoids the worst of it as the statue blocks her in against the shelves. Loose books slide beneath her feet.

Green Fist vs Amiri AC 22: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

Amiri ducks to the side as a new statue moves in one her and another behind Fumbus.

Round 4
Meresiel (52/56)
----------------------------------------------------------------
Statues (Orange -19)(Purple -12)
----------------------------------------------------------------
Fumbus
Kyra (36/48)
Amiri (79/83)
Valeros (63/78)
Jelly (10/53)


f Elf (whisper elf) rogue/5|speed 35| perc +11| hp 56/56| ac 21| fort +9, ref +13, will +11

Miresiel takes advantage of the golem focusing on kyra and launches a series of lightning-fast strikes, lasing out once with her rapier and twice with her dagger.

rapier: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 182d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 1) + 4 = 10
dagger: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 282d4 + 4 ⇒ (2, 3) + 4 = 9
dagger: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 132d4 + 4 ⇒ (2, 4) + 4 = 10

1 to 50 of 301 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tyranius (PF2) Origin of the Open Road All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.