GM Tyranius (PF2) Origin of the Open Road

Game Master Tyranius

Tactical Map


51 to 100 of 207 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Scarab Sages

M Human Wizard 5: Spd25, HP:53/53, AC:20 (21 with shield raised) Fort:10, Ref:12, Will:11, Perc:9, Stealth:10

Jelly will spend all his actions to magic missile the green one dmg: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (2, 4, 4) + 3 = 13


Amiri F Human Barbarian 5 | Speed 25ft | HP: 83/83 | Hero Point: 2/1 | AC: 22 (20 with armor Destroyed) | Fort: +12 | Will: +9 | Reflex: +10 | Perception: +9 (+11 with Initiative)

Amiri will start to swing at Green but will go to Orange if Green is destroyed.

Attack 1: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17
Attack 2: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
Attack 3: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Damage 1: 2d10 + 10 ⇒ (9, 6) + 10 = 25
Damage 2: 2d10 + 10 ⇒ (8, 5) + 10 = 23
Damage 3: 2d10 + 10 ⇒ (1, 3) + 10 = 14

If Attack 2 is a crit then the damage is 46


“Valeros” | Male NG Medium Human (Skilled) Fighter 5 | HP 78/78 Perception +10 (Expert) | AC 23 (25 with Shield) | F +12 R +11 W +10 | Speed 25ft | Active Conditions: none

Dangit forgot to say I would use reactive shield if I got attacked. If it's too late then no worries, but if he could have Valeros would have used it to raise his shield and therefore AC to 25

Valeros takes his sword and shield and hacks and bashes the already partially hurt statue before taking up his shield again and readying to block things that might hit him.

+1 striking longsword: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (20) + 16 = 36
Damage slashing: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (4, 3) + 4 = 11
+1 striking heavy shield boss, double slice: 1d20 + 14 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 14 - 2 = 22
damage Bludgeoning: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 1) + 4 = 11

double slice, so damage is combined. Also shield is raised so AC =25


Fumbus | HP 31/56 | AC 22 | resist fire 2 | Fort +11, Ref +13, Will +7 | Hero Points: 2/2

Fumbus swings his dogslicer twice at the same one as Valeros Unless he already killed it.

1d20+11 2d6+1
1d20+11-5 2d6+1

WTF? The dice roller isn't actually rolling my dice. At least not for me. I tried twice. :( I don't have time to fight with this right now... could someone roll those dice for me, if they really aren't showing up as rolled for anyone else?


“Valeros” | Male NG Medium Human (Skilled) Fighter 5 | HP 78/78 Perception +10 (Expert) | AC 23 (25 with Shield) | F +12 R +11 W +10 | Speed 25ft | Active Conditions: none
Cartmanbeck's Pregen Alias wrote:

Fumbus swings his dogslicer twice at the same one as Valeros Unless he already killed it.

dogslicer: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16
damage: 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (5, 2) + 1 = 8
dogslicer: 1d20 + 11 - 5 ⇒ (8) + 11 - 5 = 14
damage: 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (5, 1) + 1 = 7

WTF? The dice roller isn't actually rolling my dice. At least not for me. I tried twice. :( I don't have time to fight with this right now... could someone roll those dice for me, if they really aren't showing up as rolled for anyone else?

Just a friendly attempt to help. Pay no mind (and yes I can only see the actual dice expressions and nothing of the rolls themselves in your post.)

Dark Archive

That is strange. So when you reply to show your dice expressions it shows that you are missing the [/dice] at the end of each but it still shouldn't show up like how it is, even if you were missing those.

@Valeros- That is fine, we are all getting used to a new system.

Fumbus swats his dogslicer against the stone statue, though it is to no avail as it just seems to bounce off of the dense, packed stone. Both misses.

Amiri hacks into the green-tinted states as it's constructed armor breaks free and falls to the ground. Valeros flexes his way through another statue. His longsword driving a wedge into the neck, he swings his shield around and bashes the head loose as the statue topples. Nice crit! 33 damage total.

Jelly utters a single phrase as a trio of magical missiles streak across the room and batter the statue. Meresiel stabs and stabs into the stone, sending small chips and dust into the air around her.

Round 4
Meresiel (52/56)
----------------------------------------------------------------
Statues (Orange -26)(Green -24)
----------------------------------------------------------------
Fumbus
Kyra (36/48)
Amiri (79/83)
Valeros (74/78)
Jelly (10/53)

Dark Archive

NG Human Cleric 5 | HP: 48 | AC: 22| Resist Harm 5 | F: +9, R: +9, W: +13 | Perc: +13 (expert) Speed 25 ft | Active Conditions:

"May Sarenrae's hand guide my strikes!" With each blow, Kyra's strikes sweep ever more forcefully...

strike#1 v Orange Flat-footed AC: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24
dmg: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (1, 1) + 3 = 5
strike#2 v Orange Flat-footed AC: 1d20 + 11 - 5 ⇒ (4) + 11 - 5 = 10
dmg: 2d6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3, 4) + 3 + 2 = 12
strike#3 v Orange Flat-footed AC: 1d20 + 11 - 10 ⇒ (16) + 11 - 10 = 17
dmg: 2d6 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (3, 2) + 3 + 4 = 12

Dark Archive

Sarenrae does indeed guide Kyra's hand against the statues, though with barely enough force but to scratch the surface. hardness.

The statues continue to mindlessly fight back as they persue their prey.

Purple Fist vs Valeros AC 25: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 Crit double damage for 26 damage.

Purple Fist vs Valeros AC 25: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Purple Fist vs Valeros AC 25: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

Valeros' vision wavers as a stone fist clobbers him in the face, breaking his nose and some of his jaw.

Purple Fist vs Amiri AC 22: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
Purple Fist vs Amiri AC 22: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Purple Fist vs Amiri AC 22: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

Purple Fist vs Kyra AC 22: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19
Purple Fist vs Kyra AC 22: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Purple Fist vs Kyra AC 22: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Kyra and Amiri emerge unscathed once again as they duck and dodge in between the bookshelves.

Round 5
Meresiel (52/56)
----------------------------------------------------------------
Statues (Orange -32)(Green -24)
----------------------------------------------------------------
Fumbus
Kyra (36/48)
Amiri (79/83)
Valeros (48/78)
Jelly (10/53)


f Elf (whisper elf) rogue/5|speed 35| perc +11| hp 37/56| ac 22| fort +9, ref +13, will +11

continuing on orange
rapier: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 152d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 1) + 4 = 9
dagger: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 292d4 + 4 ⇒ (1, 1) + 4 = 6
dagger: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (10) + 16 = 262d4 + 4 ⇒ (3, 1) + 4 = 8

Dark Archive

NG Human Cleric 5 | HP: 48 | AC: 22| Resist Harm 5 | F: +9, R: +9, W: +13 | Perc: +13 (expert) Speed 25 ft | Active Conditions:

With grim determination, Kyra settles into the brutal work of hacking apart these constructs...

strike#1 v Orange Flat-footed AC: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25
dmg: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (5, 1) + 3 = 9
strike#2 v Orange Flat-footed AC: 1d20 + 11 - 5 ⇒ (14) + 11 - 5 = 20
dmg: 2d6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (2, 3) + 3 + 2 = 10
strike#1 v Orange Flat-footed AC: 1d20 + 11 - 10 ⇒ (17) + 11 - 10 = 18
dmg: 2d6 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (1, 3) + 3 + 4 = 11

anyone have some better d6 for kyra to use?

Dark Archive

Kyra hacks and hacks with grim determination as the statue falls at her feet. Meresiel stepping you to green since Orange is down. Meresiel's dagger and rapier stab a few more pin holes, though the dagger is deflected from the stone's hardness.

Round 5
Meresiel (52/56)
----------------------------------------------------------------
Statues (Green -27)
----------------------------------------------------------------
Fumbus
Kyra (36/48)
Amiri (79/83)
Valeros (48/78)
Jelly (10/53)

Scarab Sages

M Human Wizard 5: Spd25, HP:53/53, AC:20 (21 with shield raised) Fort:10, Ref:12, Will:11, Perc:9, Stealth:10

Jelly will single move towards green and cast ray of frost hit: 11 + 1d20 ⇒ 11 + (12) = 23 dmg: 3d4 + 4 ⇒ (3, 1, 4) + 4 = 12 cold.


“Valeros” | Male NG Medium Human (Skilled) Fighter 5 | HP 78/78 Perception +10 (Expert) | AC 23 (25 with Shield) | F +12 R +11 W +10 | Speed 25ft | Active Conditions: none

Valeros gives a deep growl of pain as he turns around to face the statue with purple paint just in time to get a stone fist to his face. He pinches his nose closed for a second popping it back into place. He gives the thing a burning glare. "Ya Matha~...." After a pause to get his anger in check, he grumps, "Dangnabit I finally had my nose heal in a way that the girls said was attractive!"

With a barely supressed fury he swings out at the statue twice, once with his shield, then longsword before following up with a longsword, his sheild arm posied to bring the metal plate up and hoepfully deflect an oncoming attack.

+1 striking longsword: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (10) + 16 = 26
Damage, slashing: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (6, 5) + 4 = 15
+1 striking heavy shield boss, double slice: 1d20 + 14 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 14 - 2 = 15
Damage, Bludgeoning: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 4) + 4 = 12
Shield, 3rd strike: 1d20 + 14 - 10 ⇒ (10) + 14 - 10 = 14
Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (1, 4) + 4 = 9

Double slice for the first two attacks, and a third for good measure. If attacked, Valeros will use his reactive shield to raise his shield, giving him AC 25 for the rest of the round


Amiri F Human Barbarian 5 | Speed 25ft | HP: 83/83 | Hero Point: 2/1 | AC: 22 (20 with armor Destroyed) | Fort: +12 | Will: +9 | Reflex: +10 | Perception: +9 (+11 with Initiative)

Amiri takes 3 swings at Green.

Attack 1: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18
Attack 2: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
Attack 3: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Damage 1: 2d10 + 10 ⇒ (8, 2) + 10 = 20
Damage 2: 2d10 + 10 ⇒ (10, 1) + 10 = 21
Damage 3: 2d10 + 10 ⇒ (2, 4) + 10 = 16

if green is destroyed after the first hit Amiri will go over to purple and swing at purple. If she destroys green after the first two hits then 3rd action would be to walk over to purple.

Dark Archive

Amiri quickly finishes off the battered statue in a single blow as she rushes across the room and swipes her massive blade at rips into the newest aggressor.

Valeros fights through the blood and pain as his longsword chips away a few fingers as they reach out for him once again. Jelly sends a ray of frost pelting into the statue's legs. Rime builds on the stone and floor, rooting it to place momentarily. No in game effect, just fluff.

Round 5
Meresiel (52/56)
----------------------------------------------------------------
Statues (Purple -21)(Blue -9)
----------------------------------------------------------------
Fumbus
Kyra (36/48)
Amiri (79/83)
Valeros (48/78)
Jelly (10/53)


Fumbus | HP 31/56 | AC 22 | resist fire 2 | Fort +11, Ref +13, Will +7 | Hero Points: 2/2

Fumbus, finding that he's generally been ignored by the statues (and happy for that) decides to try to be tack-tick-ull and move, then swings his dogslicer again.

Move around the blue one to flank it, then swing twice.

dogslicer w/flank: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15 damage: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (2, 2) + 5 = 9
second: 1d20 + 11 - 5 ⇒ (8) + 11 - 5 = 14 damage: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (4, 4) + 5 = 13

Dark Archive

Fumbus swats his dogslicer into the stone over and over to no effect. The mindless statues tag up on Valeros.

Blue Fist vs Valeros AC 23: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
Blue Fist vs Valeros AC 25: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Blue Fist vs Valeros AC 25: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Purple Fist vs Valeros AC 25: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
Purple Fist vs Valeros AC 25: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Purple Fist vs Valeros AC 25: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

Valeros raises his shield at the last possible moment as the stone bashes against it, straining his arms.

Round 6
Meresiel (52/56)
----------------------------------------------------------------
Statues (Purple -21)(Blue -9)
----------------------------------------------------------------
Fumbus
Kyra (36/48)
Amiri (79/83)
Valeros (48/78)
Jelly (10/53)


f Elf (whisper elf) rogue/5|speed 35| perc +11| hp 37/56| ac 22| fort +9, ref +13, will +11

Miresiel circles around to get in position and attack purple and attacks with rapier and dagger. one action to move and two to attack
rapier: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 332d6 + 4 ⇒ (2, 1) + 4 = 7
dagger: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 262d4 + 4 ⇒ (4, 4) + 4 = 12
if the rapier is a crit it is flat footed until the start of my next round


“Valeros” | Male NG Medium Human (Skilled) Fighter 5 | HP 78/78 Perception +10 (Expert) | AC 23 (25 with Shield) | F +12 R +11 W +10 | Speed 25ft | Active Conditions: none

Valeros gives a laugh as the statues keep clanging off his shield. "HA! No nmore cheap shots like last time. Now taste my weapons!"

+1 striking longsword: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 18
Damage, slashing: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (6, 5) + 4 = 15
+1 striking heavy shield boss, double slice: 1d20 + 14 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 14 - 2 = 32
Damage, Bludgeoning: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 6) + 4 = 15
Shield, 3rd strike: 1d20 + 14 - 10 ⇒ (4) + 14 - 10 = 8
Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 4) + 4 = 12
Repeat of last round targeting Blue, though he really has a grudge against purple.


Amiri F Human Barbarian 5 | Speed 25ft | HP: 83/83 | Hero Point: 2/1 | AC: 22 (20 with armor Destroyed) | Fort: +12 | Will: +9 | Reflex: +10 | Perception: +9 (+11 with Initiative)

Amiri still with a Rage in her eyes keep swinging at the Statue (Purple)

Attack 1: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28
Attack 2: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Attack 3: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Damage 1: 2d10 + 10 ⇒ (9, 5) + 10 = 24
Damage 2: 2d10 + 10 ⇒ (8, 9) + 10 = 27
Damage 3: 2d10 + 10 ⇒ (2, 1) + 10 = 13

Attack 1 if a Crit would be 48 Damage and then if its destroyed and blue is still up, Amiri would Stride over and Strike Blue.

Scarab Sages

M Human Wizard 5: Spd25, HP:53/53, AC:20 (21 with shield raised) Fort:10, Ref:12, Will:11, Perc:9, Stealth:10

Jelly will spend his round moving to a better position.

Dark Archive

Raging filling Amiri's eyes she shatters the purple statue. Lifting her blade in the air she screams victoriously. With a combined effort the last of the animated statues falls in place.

As the dust settles you notice a strange marking on the back of the statue's heads.

DC 18 Arcana check or DC 22 Occultism or Religion:

You recognize that the marks are akin to arcane runes used in golem creation rituals, and are likely responsible for the statues’ animation. These marks appear quite recent, but it’s impossible to definitively date them.

As you were rudely interrupted you know you have further research to perform before returning to Sebnet.

(Link) to list of research options. You cannot perform one you have already tried before.

Player Status:

Meresiel (52/56)
Fumbus
Kyra (36/48)
Amiri (79/83)
Valeros (48/78)
Jelly (10/53)

Dark Archive

NG Human Cleric 5 | HP: 48 | AC: 22| Resist Harm 5 | F: +9, R: +9, W: +13 | Perc: +13 (expert) Speed 25 ft | Active Conditions:

Finally free of the threatening beasts, Kyra moves forward and then calls out to BOTH Amiri and Valeros, "May Sarenrae GUIDE your hand!"

Casting Guidance TWICE: Verbal-only component spell--so I believe that's fine (I know it worked in the playtest).
Both gain "+1 status bonus to one attack roll, Perception check, saving throw, or skill check the target attempts before the start of your next turn." Probably safe to assume they'd use on their first attack rolls??


Fumbus | HP 31/56 | AC 22 | resist fire 2 | Fort +11, Ref +13, Will +7 | Hero Points: 2/2

Fumbus brushes himself of stone dust, shrugs, and heads for the locked cases of books and papers.
Thievery: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17


f Elf (whisper elf) rogue/5|speed 35| perc +11| hp 37/56| ac 22| fort +9, ref +13, will +11

Miresiel leaves studying the remains of the statues to others who are better suited and begins studying the toot traffic in another area. survival: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29 oh sure, now i get a nat 20...

Scarab Sages

M Human Wizard 5: Spd25, HP:53/53, AC:20 (21 with shield raised) Fort:10, Ref:12, Will:11, Perc:9, Stealth:10

arcana: 13 + 1d20 ⇒ 13 + (2) = 15 sorry no spoiler to open.
nature: 9 + 1d20 ⇒ 9 + (3) = 12


Amiri F Human Barbarian 5 | Speed 25ft | HP: 83/83 | Hero Point: 2/1 | AC: 22 (20 with armor Destroyed) | Fort: +12 | Will: +9 | Reflex: +10 | Perception: +9 (+11 with Initiative)

Survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Dark Archive

Kyra and Valeros are up.

Dark Archive

NG Human Cleric 5 | HP: 48 | AC: 22| Resist Harm 5 | F: +9, R: +9, W: +13 | Perc: +13 (expert) Speed 25 ft | Active Conditions:

Religion: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28
"Look at those strange marks. They are akin to arcane runes used in golem creation rituals, and are likely responsible for the statues’ animation. These marks appear quite recent, but it’s impossible to definitively date them."

Kyra sets about mending the party's injuries, gathering everyone together before heading off for more research.
3-component Heal: 3d10 ⇒ (10, 10, 8) = 28
Jelly, do you have any way to heal yourself up a bit more?

Kyra will then plop herself down amidst all the scrolls laying about and begin to try and set things right.
Scribing-Lore: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Scarab Sages

M Human Wizard 5: Spd25, HP:53/53, AC:20 (21 with shield raised) Fort:10, Ref:12, Will:11, Perc:9, Stealth:10

Thanks. And no, they didn't give this pregen any potions or healing spells.


Fumbus | HP 31/56 | AC 22 | resist fire 2 | Fort +11, Ref +13, Will +7 | Hero Points: 2/2

Fumbus hands Jelly a lesser elixir of life. "Here you go, friend!"
Drinking it will restore 3d6+6 HP.


“Valeros” | Male NG Medium Human (Skilled) Fighter 5 | HP 78/78 Perception +10 (Expert) | AC 23 (25 with Shield) | F +12 R +11 W +10 | Speed 25ft | Active Conditions: none

Valeros goes back to the book shelves and gives a small sigh as he finds shelves that Amiri had righted back on their sides. "They've got terrible library security if it causes problems like knocking over shelves. We'd almost finished organizing them too."

Athletics: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30

Dark Archive

Kyra gathers everyone up for a last bit of healing before they scatter to research.

Meresiel finds a spot that the enchantments are a small bit weaker, digging up a few more clues in the dust. Critical Success +2 Successes.

Meresiel discovers a 2-year-old bill of sale for a treatise called “Living at the Shore of the Sentient Sea,” regarding the sentient lake of ooze at the center of the Nexian city of Oenopion. The treatise was sold to someone named Bijan Ohrlavi. Affixed to the bill of sale is a: Note On Bill of Sale.

Bill of Sale wrote:


Personal Note for Filing:

The attached Bill of Sale to Bijan Ohrlavi dated 2 Kuthona, 4717 ar details his only purchased treatise. Bijan inquired fervently about additional works, but plainly lacked the means to purchase additional ooze-related literature. His eagerness smacked of desperation, but I agreed to keep him and his sister in mind should they reappear with additional funds. Further, his money was unpleasantly slimy to the touch.

—Igrigi Lokar, senior archivist

Meresiel also produces a cargo manifest of Selmius Foster’s first Vudrani spice trade.

Fumbus hands an elixir of life to Jelly to help with his injuries while the goblin tries to break into a few of the book cases unsuccessfully. Fail.

Lesser Elixir of life: 3d6 + 6 ⇒ (2, 4, 2) + 6 = 14

Kyra sets about organizing the scrolls, labeling what she can. +1 Success. Kyra finds the civic permits for Adolphus’s founding of Nexus Lodge.

Amiri joins Meresiel, looking for a few spots that teh dust seems to have been disturbed. +1 Success.

Valeros pushes a few of the book shelves back up after the statues knocked them back down. Critical Success. +2 Successes. Falling loose from the bookshelf is a book that flattens open. Valeros discovers a notebook detailing the true method of performing the de-animating gestures for the animated statues

Jelly manipulates its arms into appropriate celestial configurations causes the other arms to swing toward shelves containing related knowledge, though none produce any results.

Just then a runner comes down the stairs, looking at the strange piles of broken statues. "Ugh... Sebnet said she would like to hear what you found if you want to meet her for dinner."

You feel like you have found everything you can down here.

Time Spent: (2 Hour)

Player Status:

Meresiel (56/56)
Fumbus
Kyra (48/48)
Amiri (83/83)
Valeros (76/78)
Jelly (52/53)


Amiri F Human Barbarian 5 | Speed 25ft | HP: 83/83 | Hero Point: 2/1 | AC: 22 (20 with armor Destroyed) | Fort: +12 | Will: +9 | Reflex: +10 | Perception: +9 (+11 with Initiative)

Food sounds great right about now, Looks like we got what we needed.

Dark Archive

NG Human Cleric 5 | HP: 48 | AC: 22| Resist Harm 5 | F: +9, R: +9, W: +13 | Perc: +13 (expert) Speed 25 ft | Active Conditions:

"Indeed, my strong friend. Let us dine together." Kyra gives Amiri a hearty slap on the shoulder and heads for the stairs.

Dark Archive

Meeting back at Nexus House you find Sebnet seated at a long table filled with all manner of meats, cheeses, and wines. "Please have a seat." She waves as you come in covered in stone dust and carrying scrolls. "Did you find what Kreighton Shaine sent you after?" She listens intently to you update.


“Valeros” | Male NG Medium Human (Skilled) Fighter 5 | HP 78/78 Perception +10 (Expert) | AC 23 (25 with Shield) | F +12 R +11 W +10 | Speed 25ft | Active Conditions: none

Valeros gives the manual a good read over before tossing it to Jelly. "Jelly, heads up! This seems like it'd be right up your alley! If there's more statues, maybe you can shut them down before they get you?"

He then gives a stretch and follows Amiri and Kyra out of the room. "Yup! I could do with some food and especially some drink now!"

At the table, Valeros loads up a plate of food, especially heavy on the cheese and crackers, before waiting for everyone else to start. Seeing noone else explaining or updating the gnome he gives an almost imperceptible sigh. " Guess I'll start. We found quite a few things. There were some shelves knocked over hard to reach places and all sorts of things but the biggest challenge were the animated statues. If you have people to spare, you might want to send a few to make sure there aren't any more. The things broke my nose, again, and nearly made Jelly there look like his namesake. We also found a notebook on how to shut them down, so it should be short work."


Fumbus | HP 31/56 | AC 22 | resist fire 2 | Fort +11, Ref +13, Will +7 | Hero Points: 2/2

"Those statues were no good. They made me hurt my friends here and didn't even take any damage! I'm sorry again, friends."


Amiri F Human Barbarian 5 | Speed 25ft | HP: 83/83 | Hero Point: 2/1 | AC: 22 (20 with armor Destroyed) | Fort: +12 | Will: +9 | Reflex: +10 | Perception: +9 (+11 with Initiative)

That's OK Fumbus, What's important is those things are destroyed and taken care of, at least for now. I do agree with Valeros you should have your people check the area.


“Valeros” | Male NG Medium Human (Skilled) Fighter 5 | HP 78/78 Perception +10 (Expert) | AC 23 (25 with Shield) | F +12 R +11 W +10 | Speed 25ft | Active Conditions: none

"As long as you replace my pants, Fumbus, consider it water under the bridge... Speaking of pants, any chance there's a spare pair around somewhere? These ones are a little too cold."

Dark Archive

NG Human Cleric 5 | HP: 48 | AC: 22| Resist Harm 5 | F: +9, R: +9, W: +13 | Perc: +13 (expert) Speed 25 ft | Active Conditions:

"Indeed, our investigations were mostly a success. We were able to locate much of what Kreighton Shaine was seeking, including the City Permits regarding the founding of Nexus Lodge, as well as the cargo manifests of Selmius Foster. And we did find the records of Durvin Guest's expeditions into the Mwangi Expanse. but that's where the mystery deepens. For those records also mention the Open Road Pact. But we know nothing of this Pact and were unable to locate the records for the it, nor the written records of Kerinha Napsunar. They all appear to have been in the same area of the records, and may have either been mistakenly swept up and sold, or perhaps stolen by a Nexian ooze enthusiast by the name Bijan Ohrlavi, or perhaps his sister.
"We know nothing about this Open Road Pact. Are you familiar with it? And would you happen to know anything about Bijan Ohrlavi or his sister? Or have any suggestions where we might find out more about them? Perhaps we could speak with this Senior Archivist, Igrigi Lokar?"

Kyra shows Sebhet the Bill of Sale and attached Personal Note.

Dark Archive

Valeros wrote:
" Guess I'll start. We found quite a few things. There were some shelves knocked over hard to reach places and all sorts of things but the biggest challenge were the animated statues.

“What? Animated statues in the Orrery Archive? We have several magical marvels here in Nexus House, but this is news to me. Could it be sabotage? We haven’t needed particularly strong security in the past, but perhaps we should consider it. As it might be relevant, what were you doing, as precisely as you recall, when the statues began running amok?”

Kyra wrote:
"We know nothing about this Open Road Pact. Are you familiar with it?

“This isn’t something I’ve heard of before, and since anything involving Durvin Gest is pretty much common knowledge among Pathfinders, that’s a surprise. Details about the Open Road Pact would no doubt grant a fresh look at the earliest days of the Pathfinder Society.” Sebnet looks concerned. "Sounds like we need to recover that missing folio." She thinks for a moment. "Maybe you might ask around the streets of Quantium to see if anyone has tried to sell something similar, perhaps not recognizing the unique value or knowing it's value at all for that matter."

Kyra wrote:
And would you happen to know anything about Bijan Ohrlavi

“That name isn’t familiar to me. But others in this city may know more.” Looking over the bill of sale Sebnet seems to connect a couple of the dots. "Sounds to me like Bijan and his sister didn't have the funds and are likely the thieves."

“Everyone has to make ends meet sometimes, even a prestigious Pathfinder lodge. We occasionally sell off texts from our collection. But selling all information about a specific subject matter would be unusual. It would also require my approval, which I didn’t give. This smacks of a theft, rather than a sale.”

Kyra wrote:
Perhaps we could speak with this Senior Archivist, Igrigi Lokar?

“Igrigi? He’s one of the most competent assistants I’ve ever had. A very smart man— capable, if sometimes a bit opinionated. He recently left Nexus House’s employ to take a higher-paying position within the city bureaucracy somewhere. He did so with my recommendation, frankly; I was glad to see someone with integrity and skill rewarded.”

********

After you meal with Sebnet, the venture-captain encourages you to ask around on the streets of Quantium to learn more about the loose ends of your investigation. She takes a little additional time out of her busy schedule and pens four letters of introduction and commendation. "These won't get you very far but they should help a little."

While investigating, you can expend a letter prior to making a skill check to gain a +2 circumstance bonus to that check.

  • Arcana- Information on the strange markings on the animated statues.
  • Crafting or Diplomacy- Information on the Ohrlavi Twins
  • Diplomacy, Pathfinder Society Lore or Society- Information on Durvin Gest and the Open road Pact.
  • Occultism- Influx of information regarding oozes
  • Society- Information on Igrigi Lokar


  • Fumbus | HP 31/56 | AC 22 | resist fire 2 | Fort +11, Ref +13, Will +7 | Hero Points: 2/2

    Fumbus asks around about the Ohrlavi twins.
    Crafting: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15 LOL

    Scarab Sages

    M Human Wizard 5: Spd25, HP:53/53, AC:20 (21 with shield raised) Fort:10, Ref:12, Will:11, Perc:9, Stealth:10

    jelly will examine the animated statues arcana: 13 + 1d20 ⇒ 13 + (9) = 22

    Dark Archive

    NG Human Cleric 5 | HP: 48 | AC: 22| Resist Harm 5 | F: +9, R: +9, W: +13 | Perc: +13 (expert) Speed 25 ft | Active Conditions:

    Kyra will make some diplomatic inquiries into Information on Durvin Gest and the Open road Pact. It seems like a very important matter, so she will use one of the letters of introduction to aid her inquiry.

    Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 10 + 2 = 21

    Dark Archive

    What are Meresiel, Amiri and Valeros doing?


    “Valeros” | Male NG Medium Human (Skilled) Fighter 5 | HP 78/78 Perception +10 (Expert) | AC 23 (25 with Shield) | F +12 R +11 W +10 | Speed 25ft | Active Conditions: none

    Valeros is being busy ooc, sorry!

    Valeros gives the letters of introduction a look and briefly fantasizes taking one to a good brothel in town before shaking his head. "All right people, let's track down some book thieves... with a love for oozes? I'm hearing that right, right? That could be a good point to start with."

    Occultism, Trained: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

    With a smile the man whips out small brochure with a listing of all of the famous ooze landmarks in Nex. "I happened to pick this up on the way into town! Sorry for the singe and acid burns, didn't expect to have my pants singed today." He gives Fumbus a small ruffle on the head to show he has no hard feelings and is just teasing the little guy.


    f Elf (whisper elf) rogue/5|speed 35| perc +11| hp 37/56| ac 22| fort +9, ref +13, will +11

    society: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 8 + 2 = 23
    Ingiri...that name sounds really familiar. let me put out some feelers to see what I can find out.


    Amiri F Human Barbarian 5 | Speed 25ft | HP: 83/83 | Hero Point: 2/1 | AC: 22 (20 with armor Destroyed) | Fort: +12 | Will: +9 | Reflex: +10 | Perception: +9 (+11 with Initiative)

    Amiri will be following along with Jelly.

    I am good not rolling because I don't have any skills that are good.

    Scarab Sages

    M Human Wizard 5: Spd25, HP:53/53, AC:20 (21 with shield raised) Fort:10, Ref:12, Will:11, Perc:9, Stealth:10
    Bozzinator's Pregen Alias wrote:

    Amiri will be following along with Jelly.

    I am good not rolling because I don't have any skills that are good.

    Well then aid me with the arcana check, I can have a 24.

    51 to 100 of 207 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tyranius (PF2) Origin of the Open Road All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.