GM Doug — The Sandstone Secret [Gameday VIII PFS2] (Inactive)

Game Master Doug Hahn

This is a PF2E game for Gameday VIII.

Maps & Resources.


101 to 150 of 151 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

The Fall of the Plaguestone| Spell Templates

Nefaram turns to Zarindlara. Some call it unorthodox. Perhaps with more training, you will come to see the genius of my methods. This must be why, you see, I was sent here early! Simple logic. And I trained in many lodges. A scholar such as myself must travel far and wide!

He nods at Iniquity. Ahh, yes. Good old Ruins of Western Osirion. One of my favorite places — of the Western Type, that is. It's good to meet a fan!

Hmm? What? He pauses. Well, who doesn't dictate? It's the most natural of all scholarly activities. Old "Nordie" — well, you probably know him as Norden Balentiir, but to his close friends he's "Nordie" — well, old Nordie loves listening to the subtle wisdom that pours from my mind, and taking it carefully down on paper. This way he can learn. In fact, I dictated that very same "Ruins-of-Western-Osirion-Article" to Nordie himself! Perhaps you can let him know when you report back… and that I say hello. Sadly, I will be heading the other way… duty calls. "Explore, Report, Corroborate," as they say! Ha, ha, the work, it never ends!

Horizon Hunters

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CG female elf (whisper elf) fighter 1 | HP 17/17 | AC 18 | F +6 R +9 W +4 | Perc +6 | Stealth +7 | Speed:30 ft | Active Conditions: ---

”Oh, well, if you can’t make it back to the Lodge, it’s a good thing we’re here to handle the artifacts for you! We can bring this items back to Sothis.”


The Fall of the Plaguestone| Spell Templates

I will need much of it my own work, but you can take a small cut of the loot— I mean, findings— back to the lodge when you are done helping me.

Radiant Oath

NG male Human (Taldan) Redeemer 1l | HP 12/21 | AC 19 | F +7 R +4 W +5 | Perc +3 | Stealth +1 | 15 ft | focus 1/2 | Active Conditions: ---

"Venture-Captain Balentiir takes your dictation?" Iniquity asks rhetorically. He takes a step back and brings his glaive to bear. "That is a bridge too far. Who are you? You are no Nefaram Subeli nor a Pathfinder."


The Fall of the Plaguestone| Spell Templates

At the sight of weapons being drawn Nefaram breaks down. P-please! There's something evil in here! There was moaning in the walls — something —

Suddenly, all the lights go out, dropping the entire place in pitch black — even darkvision cannot penetrate it. You hear the lids of the tombs shift…

Spoiler:

Going with perception here for everyone; Mordrak couldn't be stealthing since he was making diplomacy checks.
Bogard's Perception: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 8 + 2 = 21 +1 to detect traps, +2 stonecunning
Iniquity's Perception: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 3 + 2 = 20
Mordrak's Perception: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 2 = 10
Varret's Perception: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 2 = 14
Zarindlara's Perception: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 2 = 19
Shamblin' 1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Shamblin' 2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Shamblin' 3: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Stompin': 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

The braziers gutter back on, and in the flickering light you can see that the lid of each sarcophagus has slid off. There are beings within; one is larger than the rest. art on slide 1.

Round 1: Bold may act

As you were diplomacizing this person I doubt any of you had weapons drawn, and I assume Iniquity knew that drawing his weapon could break down negotiations.

Bogard no weapon drawn
Iniquity weapon drawn
Zarindlara no weapon drawn
Varret no weapon drawn
Shamblin' 3 prone
Stompin' prone
Shamblin' 1 prone
Shamblin' 2 prone
Mordrak no weapon drawn

Radiant Oath

NG male Human (Taldan) Redeemer 1l | HP 12/21 | AC 19 | F +7 R +4 W +5 | Perc +3 | Stealth +1 | 15 ft | focus 1/2 | Active Conditions: ---

Iniquity's eyes widen as the mummies emerge from the sarcophagi. He promptly defends himself from the large one beside him. "Do not let them flank us!" he warns the others.

Glaive 1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
S: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Glaive 2: 1d20 + 8 - 5 ⇒ (18) + 8 - 5 = 21
S: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 Forceful: +1 more damage if #1 hit. Deadly: 1d8 ⇒ 4 additional damage if critical.
Glaive 3: 1d20 + 8 - 10 ⇒ (8) + 8 - 10 = 6
S: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 Forceful: +1 more damage/hit before it.

Reaction: First ally within 15 ft damaged takes 3 less damage and attacker is enfeebled 2 until the end of its next turn.


The Fall of the Plaguestone| Spell Templates

Iniquity hits twice, slashing into the larger creature with two strong blows. Neither crit, even though it's prone.

You can make a religion check as an action if you want to know more. You can roll it yourself in a spoiler.

Bogard no weapon drawn
Iniquity
Zarindlara no weapon drawn
Varret no weapon drawn
Shamblin' 3 prone
Stompin' -22 HP, prone
Shamblin' 1 prone
Shamblin' 2 prone
Mordrak no weapon drawn

Horizon Hunters

CG female elf (whisper elf) fighter 1 | HP 17/17 | AC 18 | F +6 R +9 W +4 | Perc +6 | Stealth +7 | Speed:30 ft | Active Conditions: ---

Zarindlara draws her bow and goes into point blank stance. She fires an arrow at Mummy #3, but has trouble with the shot.

arrow 1: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
ouch!: 1d8 ⇒ 2

Verdant Wheel

Male Half-elf Ranger 1 | hp: 19/19, hero points: 1 | AC 18, F+6 R+9 W+5 | Speed 30ft | Perception +7, Stealth +7, Survival +5 | Current conditions: | Battle Medicine used: Mordack

Varret quickly draws his bow, studies one of the smaller mummies, and unleashes two quick shots hoping to dispatch it before it can rise. 1) Draw weapon, 2) Hunt Prey vs. #2 (flurry means my MAP vs that target is -3/-6), 3) Hunted Shot vs. #2 (two strikes, applying MAP).

Composite shortbow (1st): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Piercing: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Composite shortbow (2nd): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Piercing: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


The Fall of the Plaguestone| Spell Templates

Hrmmm. I believe you only get a bonus to AC if you're Taking Cover while already prone. Not sure how I feel about this rule, although it's simpler. So, those are all hits against flat-footed creatures.

Zarindlara's shot almost flies wide, but hits the creature. Varret puts one through one of the creature's eyes, and the other arrow hits as well!

Round 1: Bold may act

Bogard no weapon drawn
Iniquity Reaction if ally damaged: Glimpse of Redemption
Zarindlara
Varret
Shamblin' 3 prone
Stompin' -22 HP, prone
Shamblin' 1 -2HP, prone
Shamblin' 2 -6HP, prone
Mordrak no weapon drawn

Horizon Hunters

CG female elf (whisper elf) fighter 1 | HP 17/17 | AC 18 | F +6 R +9 W +4 | Perc +6 | Stealth +7 | Speed:30 ft | Active Conditions: ---

My shot was a natural 1, so it still missed!

Horizon Hunters

Male Dwarf Rogue 1

Bogard holds his staff out in front of him in a defensive stance. He steps toward the large mummy and swings with both hands.

For future reference, Bogard uses his staff as a walking stick and to poke and prod for traps, so he probably was considered armed - but I don't see it making a difference here.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


The Fall of the Plaguestone| Spell Templates

Good to know, Bogard. I think wielding one-handed would make you "armed" the whole time. Using it as a two-handed d8 weapon means changing your grip by adding a hand to an item, so one interact action as outlined on page 273 of the CRB. That's how I'd rule it, but I welcome other insight in the discussion tab!

Bogard chunks out a large portion of the large totally-not-a-mummy's skull with his staff, doing a large amount of damage! That's a crit!

----

Shambler 3 stands up and moves toward Mordack.

The large shambler attacks twice from prone, hitting the nearest creature, Iniquity.

fist, prone: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (2) - 2 = 0
fist, prone, second attack: 1d20 - 2 - 5 ⇒ (17) - 2 - 5 = 10
bludgeoning: 1d12 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

The second attack hits, and the Champion is pushed back 5 feet from the force of the blow! Iniquity notes that he still seems to be within reach of the brute's long arms.

Shambler 1 stands and attacks the "Pathfinder" Nefaram, who crumples under the onslaught! Nefaram is Dying 1

fist: 1d20 ⇒ 20
Bludgeoning: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 doubled

Shambler 2 moves towards Iniquity. These slow, mindless creatures don't seem intelligent enough to use flanking tactics.

Round 1/2: Bold may act

Bogard
Iniquity -15HP
Zarindlara
Varret
Shamblin' 3
Stompin' -36 HP, prone
Nefarim Dying 1
Shamblin' 1 -0HP (Thanks, Zarindlara!)
Shamblin' 2 -6HP
Mordak no weapon drawn

Horizon Hunters

CG female elf (whisper elf) fighter 1 | HP 17/17 | AC 18 | F +6 R +9 W +4 | Perc +6 | Stealth +7 | Speed:30 ft | Active Conditions: ---

Zarindlara fires a volley of arrows at Number 3! If the first shot takes it down, her second shot goes on the big one.

arrow 1: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
ouch!: 1d8 ⇒ 7

arrow 2: 1d20 + 9 - 5 ⇒ (13) + 9 - 5 = 17
ouch!: 1d8 ⇒ 5

arrow 3: 1d20 + 9 - 10 ⇒ (7) + 9 - 10 = 6
ouch!: 1d8 ⇒ 3

additional deadly damage on a crit: 1d10 ⇒ 5

Verdant Wheel

Male Half-elf Ranger 1 | hp: 19/19, hero points: 1 | AC 18, F+6 R+9 W+5 | Speed 30ft | Perception +7, Stealth +7, Survival +5 | Current conditions: | Battle Medicine used: Mordack

An awkwardness in PbP: How to handle the deadly property on crits that are not d20s (and thus the player doesn't know to include it). In this case, my short bow is deadly d10, so there should have been an additional d10 of damage on that crit earlier.

Deadly vs. #2: 1d10 ⇒ 1

-----

Varret continues to fire at his prey, unleashing four arrows in quick succession. (1) Hunted Shot vs. #2, (2)Strike vs. #2, (3) Strike vs. #2. If it goes down between shots, he will use his first remaining action to instead switch his prey to the big one, and any further remaining action to strike the big one.

Composite shortbow (1st): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Piercing: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Composite shortbow (2nd): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Piercing: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Composite shortbow (3rd): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Piercing: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Composite shortbow (4th): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Piercing: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


The Fall of the Plaguestone| Spell Templates

Yeah I'd roll the deadly on a suspected crit just as a matter of course, Varret. That seems to be working out well when other players do it.

Zarindlara puts an arrow through a totally-not-a-mummy's eye, destroying it. She focuses her attention on the big one and hits it once as well. It roars in frustration!

Varret hits his hunted tharget twice, taking it down before turning his attention to the big one and hitting it once. His final arrow clatters on the stone.

Round 1/2: Bold may act

Bogard
Iniquity -15HP
Zarindlara
Varret
Stompin' -43 HP, prone
Nefarim Dying 1
Shamblin' 1 -0HP
Mordak no weapon drawn

Horizon Hunters

M Goblin Sorcerer 1: Spd:25, HP:13/13, AC:13, Fort:4, Ref:6, Will:4, Per:2 Darkvision, Stealth:6

Since 2 and 3 are dead, Mordack will move up to number 1 pulling a dagger and attacking twice hit: 6 + 1d20 ⇒ 6 + (5) = 11 dmg: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
hit: 1 + 1d20 ⇒ 1 + (5) = 6 dmg: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


The Fall of the Plaguestone| Spell Templates

Mordack moves in, but misses the zombie. As Z mentioned in the discussion, you need to Interact to draw a weapon, so that's 1 action to Interact, one to move, and one to attack!

Round 2: Bold may act

Bogard
Iniquity -15HP
Zarindlara
Varret
Stompin' -38 HP, prone
Nefarim Dying 1
Shamblin' 1 -0HP
Mordak

Radiant Oath

NG male Human (Taldan) Redeemer 1l | HP 12/21 | AC 19 | F +7 R +4 W +5 | Perc +3 | Stealth +1 | 15 ft | focus 1/2 | Active Conditions: ---

Staggered by the powerful blow of the giant mummified guardian, he shakes his head and blinks away the stars from his vision. He strikes out at the guardian with his glaive, but the ringing in his head throws him off balance. He then withdraws a step and calls for Shelyn's restorative power.

Strike, Step, Lay on Hands (+6 HP)

Glaive 1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
S: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 Deadly 1d8 ⇒ 1

Reaction: Glimpse of Redemption - first ally damaged takes no damage from that attack/spell.


The Fall of the Plaguestone| Spell Templates

Iniquity heals himself. The wrappings on the large mummy brute are falling off in tatters, exposing damaged and rotting flesh. It moans at Bogard.

Since this is a quest we have some extra time. I will bot Bogard if they don't post by late tonight, after my PFS session.

Round 2: Bold may act

Bogard
Iniquity -9HP; GoR: Negate ally damage within 15'
Zarindlara
Varret
Stompin' -38 HP, prone
Nefarim Dying 1
Shamblin' 1 -0HP
Mordak

Dark Archive

Botting Bogard

Bogard Strikes thrice, two-handed.

Staff, Strike 1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Staff, Strike 2: 1d20 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (8) + 7 - 5 = 10
Staff, Strike 2: 1d20 + 7 - 10 ⇒ (8) + 7 - 10 = 5

Bludgeoning, Strike 1: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Bludgeoning, Strike 2: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Bludgeoning, Strike 3: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Bogard takes a chunk out of the Brute's shoulder, but misses on the second and third attacks! one crit.

Round 2: Bold may act

Bogard
Iniquity -9HP
Zarindlara
Varret
Stompin' -50 HP, prone
Nefarim Dying 1
Shamblin' 1 -0HP
Mordak


The Fall of the Plaguestone| Spell Templates

The large shambler strikes at Bogard from prone.

1d20 ⇒ 12

The large creature connects with Bogard, but it glances into Iniquity's eyes and sees something that makes it hesitate. It only gently pushes the dwarf back and then stands. Strike, stand

Nefarim's bleeding body tries to stabilize, and fails.
1d20 ⇒ 2

The last mummy strikes at Mordack, and hits.

1d20 ⇒ 8
Bludgeoning: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

It then grabs onto the goblin and opens its mouth wide, ready to begin feasting! Strike, Grab

Round 2-3: Bold may act

Bogard
Iniquity -9HP
Zarindlara
Varret
Stompin' -50 HP
Nefarim Dying 2
Shamblin' 1 -0HP
Mordak -4HP, Grabbed (Immobilized, Flat-Footed, DC 5 flat check to use Manipulate Action)

Horizon Hunters

CG female elf (whisper elf) fighter 1 | HP 17/17 | AC 18 | F +6 R +9 W +4 | Perc +6 | Stealth +7 | Speed:30 ft | Active Conditions: ---

Zarindlara moves up and shoots at the mummy holding her goblin teammate.

arrow 1: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
ouch!: 1d8 ⇒ 5

arrow 2: 1d20 + 9 - 5 ⇒ (19) + 9 - 5 = 23
ouch!: 1d8 ⇒ 3

deadly damage, if a crit: 1d10 ⇒ 8

Verdant Wheel

Male Half-elf Ranger 1 | hp: 19/19, hero points: 1 | AC 18, F+6 R+9 W+5 | Speed 30ft | Perception +7, Stealth +7, Survival +5 | Current conditions: | Battle Medicine used: Mordack

Varret, having focused on the big mummy last round, sends another volley of arrows at it, drawing and firing as quickly as he can. 1. Hunted Shot, 2. Strike, 3. Strike. If it falls before his final action(s) he will use his first remaining action to switch his hunted prey to the remaining mummy, then fire if he has another action left.

Composite shortbow (1st - Hunted Shot): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Piercing: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Composite shortbow (2nd - Hunted Shot): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Piercing: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Composite shortbow (3rd): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Piercing: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Composite shortbow (4th): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Piercing: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Deadly dice, if needed:
Deadly d10: 1d10 ⇒ 10
Deadly d10: 1d10 ⇒ 9


The Fall of the Plaguestone| Spell Templates

Zarindlara takes down the mummy holding Mordack. It falls with a moan.

Varret destroys the large creature, who falls back into its sarcophagus with a loud thud and a cloud of dust!

Out of combat! Nefarim is only Dying 2, so I think you could save him if you like. Please let me know if you would like to do so, and how you are healing your other wounds.

Horizon Hunters

CG female elf (whisper elf) fighter 1 | HP 17/17 | AC 18 | F +6 R +9 W +4 | Perc +6 | Stealth +7 | Speed:30 ft | Active Conditions: ---

Zarindlara moves toward Nefarim, draws her minor potion of healing from the School of Scrolls, and pours it down his throat.

Looks like it's a single Interact action to feed someone a potion.


The Fall of the Plaguestone| Spell Templates

Nefarim splutters and coughs, waking up. His eyes are closed and he cowers, squealing in utter terror.

NOOOOO!

When nothing immediately happens he slowly opens his eyes, squinting at Zarindlara's face.

W-what? Th-The e-evil! W-Where did those… things… go? He then notices where "those things" went, and blanches.

He quickly collects himself and stands, brushing off his robes. T-thank you for saving the leader of your expedition. Ha-ha. So much exploring, reporting, and corroborating to do! Yes? You will be rewarded, as Pathfinders always are, believe me!

Horizon Hunters

M Goblin Sorcerer 1: Spd:25, HP:13/13, AC:13, Fort:4, Ref:6, Will:4, Per:2 Darkvision, Stealth:6

You're welcome, told you we were here to help.


The Fall of the Plaguestone| Spell Templates

Of course. I'm glad we have overcome that … misunderstanding … earlier! Ha-ha! There are many heavy treasures to carry up those stairs; as you can see, I am injured. It pains me deeply that I cannot help you with the manual labor, but this means that I can only function in a supervisory role while you carry the artifacts out.

Horizon Hunters

M Goblin Sorcerer 1: Spd:25, HP:13/13, AC:13, Fort:4, Ref:6, Will:4, Per:2 Darkvision, Stealth:6

You're hurt. Well good news, we'll get you out of here, get you medical attention, and because you got hurt on the job, you can get workman's comp


The Fall of the Plaguestone| Spell Templates

Of course I am on a Pathfinder job, as I am a Pathfinder. I'm happy you see that now. The Society is well-known, far and wide, for how generous they are — to a fault, some might say.

You have done so much for this hapless scholar. I think I will go take a nap now, to sleep off my wounds. Please, wake me when all the loot — important artifacts, I mean, haha, scholar's humor — is loaded upon my cart outside. He yawns an starts to shuffle out of the room.

Verdant Wheel

Male Half-elf Ranger 1 | hp: 19/19, hero points: 1 | AC 18, F+6 R+9 W+5 | Speed 30ft | Perception +7, Stealth +7, Survival +5 | Current conditions: | Battle Medicine used: Mordack

Doug, for purposes of tracking resources, which arrow took down the big one?

"Well, now that that's settled, let's talk about the truth."


The Fall of the Plaguestone| Spell Templates

3rd arrow took it down.

Ha, of course! Truth is my specialty, and that is we all seek here! What else is there to discuss among friends such as we? I have forgiven you for that misunderstanding already, so fret not.

Verdant Wheel

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Half-elf Ranger 1 | hp: 19/19, hero points: 1 | AC 18, F+6 R+9 W+5 | Speed 30ft | Perception +7, Stealth +7, Survival +5 | Current conditions: | Battle Medicine used: Mordack

"If truth is your specialty, then perhaps you could enlighten us with some more. For instance, the name of Sothis Pathfinder lodge? Or perhaps that's too easy, for one such as yourself. What fruit grows on the tree shading the meeting table in the garden there, where surely your friend 'Nordie' took dictation of your notes?"


The Fall of the Plaguestone| Spell Templates

Hahaha. ha. ha. That… horrible creature seems to have hit my head rather hard. The answers are eluding me at the moment. I think I really should lie down!

Spoiler:
1d20 - 4 ⇒ (10) - 4 = 6
Bogard's Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24 +1 to detect traps, +2 stonecunning
Iniquity's Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Mordrak's Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Varret's Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Zarindlara's Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

He begins shuffling out. Yes. A little nap, and then we can talk.

You can all tell he's lying about not being able to remember. He doesn't know.

Horizon Hunters

CG female elf (whisper elf) fighter 1 | HP 17/17 | AC 18 | F +6 R +9 W +4 | Perc +6 | Stealth +7 | Speed:30 ft | Active Conditions: ---

”Well, then, Nefarim, we don’t want you to sleep on a possible head injury. Let’s start back toward the Lodge now, so we can get you some medical attention.”


1 person marked this as a favorite.
The Fall of the Plaguestone| Spell Templates

Oh, how kind you are! They should add "cooperate" to the Pathfinder motto, it seems very fitting! Well, Let me go collect my notes, ha-ha, and I will be right back, and then we can go the Lodge. He continues moving towards the door.


The Fall of the Plaguestone| Spell Templates

At this point it's clear everyone knows the jig is up. You can continue to RP this, knock him out, diplomacy, intimidate, etc.

Verdant Wheel

Male Half-elf Ranger 1 | hp: 19/19, hero points: 1 | AC 18, F+6 R+9 W+5 | Speed 30ft | Perception +7, Stealth +7, Survival +5 | Current conditions: | Battle Medicine used: Mordack

"Oh, we'll just come help you. Then we can all head back to Sothis together and get to the bottom of all this confusion." It's clearly not posed as a suggestion.

As far as Varret is concerned, he can come with us willingly, or he can be carried back to Sothis where Varret is quite sure that a government that is strictly controlling who has access to archaeological sites will be interested in 'talking' to someone who impersonated an authorized party in order to gain access.

Horizon Hunters

CG female elf (whisper elf) fighter 1 | HP 17/17 | AC 18 | F +6 R +9 W +4 | Perc +6 | Stealth +7 | Speed:30 ft | Active Conditions: ---

"Look, we know you're not a Pathfinder, but you were the one here who found everything and we want to take real notes on where everything was and its condition. Help us out and don't steal anything, and maybe you won't be in too much trouble."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Horizon Hunters

M Goblin Sorcerer 1: Spd:25, HP:13/13, AC:13, Fort:4, Ref:6, Will:4, Per:2 Darkvision, Stealth:6

Look, we know you aren't a Pathfinder, but help us out and you'll make you a Pathfinder. That is your dream right? diplomacy: 7 + 1d20 ⇒ 7 + (11) = 18

Radiant Oath

NG male Human (Taldan) Redeemer 1l | HP 12/21 | AC 19 | F +7 R +4 W +5 | Perc +3 | Stealth +1 | 15 ft | focus 1/2 | Active Conditions: ---

"Zarindlara speaks wisely," Inquity says as he steps in the way of the door. "So far, you are only guilty of entering the ruins under false permits. Submit to our arrest and maybe, someday, you will have a chance to explore under legitimate circumstances."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
The Fall of the Plaguestone| Spell Templates

You know, I have completed weeks of digging for you. If you let me go, you could nap in the cool shade for weeks, swinging in hammocks and drinking cold water. And then, you would return to your lodge triumphant. He frowns. But no… you do not seem to be the type of people who'd agree to this.

Ahh. Well… perhaps this is all for the best. We will work out any misunderstandings at the lodge, together. I have done such good work here, and willingly shared my valuable notes. And don't forget: all the heavy shoveling is done! You will put in a good word for me, yes? Nefarim gives you a dazzling smile and holds his hands in the air. I, Nefaram Subeli, hereby submit to your care. Treat me with honor!

Horizon Hunters

Male Dwarf Rogue 1

"Honor, eh? Cause a thief, liar and fraud definitely deserves some honor."

Bogard is clearly disgusted with the man, but shrugs. "So, before we go anywhere, why don't you tell us everything. What all have you found so far."


The Fall of the Plaguestone| Spell Templates

Nefarim frowns at the stern dwarf. Everyone lies; that is hardly a strike, ha-ha! So, will you beat me? Starve me? Leave my bones to bleach atop the dunes, and tell your venture-captain that you saw fit to judge who is deserving of honor, and who is not? In this case, if you will not treat me with honor, it may be better if I escape — if not now, then at some point on the long journey back to Sothis. And you should not blame me, were this true. But I think it is not.

Radiant Oath

1 person marked this as a favorite.
NG male Human (Taldan) Redeemer 1l | HP 12/21 | AC 19 | F +7 R +4 W +5 | Perc +3 | Stealth +1 | 15 ft | focus 1/2 | Active Conditions: ---

"No," Iniquity says. "We will treat you honorably. Some day you may see your way to redeeming yourself and contributing productively just as I did." He chuckles and remarks dryly, "If we did leave your bones to bleach atop the dunes--which we are not going to do--I do not think you would be escaping at any point along the journey."


The Fall of the Plaguestone| Spell Templates

This is true! Perhaps some day, we may even laugh about this little misunderstanding, ha-ha!

Now, there are skeleton statues in the room to the South, pointing at one another as if accusing. I suspect we can twist their arms to reset the trap in the entryhall and pass safely, but I did not want to touch them until I was sure.

If you peek in the last room:
You will see two statues depicting a pair of robed skeletons, each of which is pointing at the other. If you move the arms to their sides, the trap at the entrance would be disarmed (if it wasn't already). Nefaram is telling the truth. map updated and moved to slide 1

Horizon Hunters

CG female elf (whisper elf) fighter 1 | HP 17/17 | AC 18 | F +6 R +9 W +4 | Perc +6 | Stealth +7 | Speed:30 ft | Active Conditions: ---

Zarindlara adds drily, "Perhaps."

She does peek in the last room, not wanting to take Nefarim at his word.


The Fall of the Plaguestone| Spell Templates
Zarindlara wrote:
Perhaps.

I am sure of it!

With that, you have explored the ruins! Officer Elrekah is relieved to hear that you have dispatched the restless dead, and is willing to continue guarding the ruins against other miscreants while you return to Sothis.

Strangely true to his word, Nefaram doesn't try to escape on the trip back, which is uneventful. Venture-Captain Norden Balentiir is grateful that you have dealt with this threat but deeply concerned that others have been pretending to be Pathfinders.

He looks at the writ Nefaram had, and tells you that it is a very good forgery, but has one flaw: the date of approval is almost a year ago. Were you more observant, you could have used this in your dealings with the man. Further, he reminds you that the Pathfinder motto is "Explore, report, cooperate" — not "corroborate" (as Nefaram kept saying).

The venture-captain continues: You have done well on your first mission. You have saved our society no little trouble, and more importantly you have helped preserve a piece of history. As to impostors, I will work with government officials to root out the source of this problem… in the meantime, Nefaram, come with me. It seems you owe us some explanations, and the authorities as well… and do not ever call me "Nordie." Nefaram's shoulders slump as he walks out into the garden with the venture-captain, under the cool shade of the date trees.

Quest complete! You have completed all mission objectives and found all the things. I will be putting up chronicle sheets no later than Monday morning in a google drive folder. I hope everyone had fun!

Horizon Hunters

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Dwarf Rogue 1

Bogard, of course, examines the trap and confirms the situation. "Very well, he may not be a complete scoundrel..." he admits grudgingly.

Wow, that was quick! Thanks for the game! I think I need to re-read the rules again to better figure out this combat stuff.

101 to 150 of 151 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Doug — The Sandstone Secret [Gameday VIII PFS2] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.