GM Silbeg's Academy of Secrets

Game Master Silbeg

Handouts and tactical


51 to 100 of 819 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

technically, a 5' step is not a free action... but close enough
Molly hits with two of her shots! (but does not trigger the condition)

Oops... it is arcana not planes... I misread the type.
I did check to see if Emberwik has kn:arcana, appears he does not. throwing a bone in apology below...

As much as Emberwik wishes, he does not know anything about this critter.

Molly:

arcana: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
This appears to be a Retriever, not a spider. It is a huge construct [extraplanar]. As such, it has all of the normal construct traits. It definitely seems to have 15' or reach, and appears to be able to grab its targets with its bite attack!

Chak moves up and swings his nodachi at the creature. Again, he is lucky that it wasn't ready for combat, as it doesn't grab at him. He hits it hard, drawing out a nasty, inky substance from the wounds.

Waiting on Emberwik, Hurrit, and Bubbles?

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Archer 5 / Darechaser 9 | HP 50/96 | AC 25, TAC 16, FFAC 21, 34 CMD | Fort +13, +14 Reflex, +11 Will | +5 Init | 0 Rounds of Adrenaline | Conditions: Detect Evil, Know Direction |

Oddly enough Molly fought one of these things her last adventure. It ended poorly for our wizard. Anyway, Bubbles will Total Defense and then relay a message.

Wait a second, I know you! Bubbles, give everyone the scoop.

Telepathy to Allies:
“This is a construct made from the festering flesh of the Abyss. It must be purged from this plane! It can grab you with its mouth but it’s most dangerous weapon are it’s eye rays which turned one of Molly’s friends to stone. It must be purged from this plane.”

Scarab Sages

M Male LN Ulfen Human Monk (wanderer) 11, Shaman (lore) 3 | HP: 107/112 | AC: 35 (29 tch, 28 Fl) | CMB: +15 (22 trip) CMD: 37 (43 vs trip) | F: +12, R: +15 W: +20 (+2 vs exhaustion/fatigue, +4 vs prone) | Init: +5 | Perc: +23, SM: +26 | Speed 60 | Spells: n/a | Active conditions: snake style

Snake Style contingencies!:
If attacked, Immediate action to use SM as AC: 1d20 + 26 ⇒ (6) + 26 = 32 I will use that as my touch AC. If it attacks and misses, and I get a Snake Fang attack,Monkly Assault: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (11) + 18 = 29 for Counts as Magic, cold iron, silver, law: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (5, 1) + 7 = 13 damage!

Grand Lodge

Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23
Will make a full post when I get to a computer.

Dark Archive

LN Ifrit Oracle(Shadow/Blackened) 12| HP36/111 | AC28 T18 FF23| CMD 21 | Fort 10 Ref 10 Will 11 | Speed 30/60 Flyft | Initiative +8| Buffs: Shield of Darkness
Abilities:
Flying 8/12 Minutes, Shadow Form 10/12 Minutes, Cloak of Darkness 8/12 Hours, Spells: 1st 2/8, 2nd 0/8, 3rd 0/8, 4th 0/8, 5th 0/5, 6th 0/3

Emberwik realizes that most constructs are resilient to magic, and he has little he can do to stop them. He will just see how dangerous it is for now, and cast Bless. Knowing Arcana is not my strong suit, so I'll just play healer for now.

Grand Lodge

"My king! That's what you have guards for!"

Huritt leans over and presses a palm to the floor, bringing the wood of the room and its furniture to life. Thick trunks instantly sprout from every available surface, then smaller branches weave together and fill in the empty spaces--save for a single vertical slit every few feet.

Once the wall is up, he steps behind Emberwik and pulls a roll of parchment from his sack. "Riddy, don't you think Chak's feathers look a little dry? I thought tengu feathers were all slick and oily!"

Crunch:
Standard Cast silent image (DC 24 Will)
None 5-ft. step
Move Retrieve a scroll of breath of life

Effectively, I am aiming for a floor-to-ceiling wall with an arrow slit in each square.

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

Hurrit:

This is a retriever: Huge construct (extraplanar)

They are rather nasty critters, and what Molly says about the eyes seems to be true. More importantly, it can use its eye beams and attack! Unfortunately, this one seems to be a more advanced than normal one.

The spider-creature looks to the target closes to it, the last person to have attacked it, as its wounds start healing.
1d4 ⇒ 4
A grey beam comes out of one of its eyes, towards Chak! It hits the tengu slayer!
touch vs TAC13: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (9) + 18 = 27
Chak Fort: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19 waiting to hear on reroll. The claws still attack.

It attacks Chak twice with claws, striking both times. Large wounds are torn into the slayer's body by the massive claws.
claw 1 vs AC20: 1d20 + 21 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 21 - 4 = 25 claw: 2d6 + 8 + 8 ⇒ (2, 6) + 8 + 8 = 24
claw 2 vs AC20: 1d20 + 21 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 21 - 4 = 20 claw: 2d6 + 8 + 8 ⇒ (2, 6) + 8 + 8 = 24

It then turns to Balik, who is currently carrying the unconscious body of the woman. "The King" attempts to determine where the blows will fall... unfortunately it seems that the first fell on his body! The creature misses with the final claw...

claw 3 vs AC35: 1d20 + 21 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 21 - 4 = 35 claw: 2d6 + 8 + 8 ⇒ (1, 4) + 8 + 8 = 21
claw 4: 1d20 + 21 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 21 - 4 = 29 misses.

giving Chak some time to decide on rerolling the save, as my next action will depend on if he saves or not. Also, I am NOT saying he failed this save... just giving the opportunity.

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

With the grey beam, Chak's limbs stiffen, and his body turns to stone! Chak is petrified!
Leaving the damage, hopefully a moot point at this time.

The creature then tries to bite Balik. It misses, but not by much.
bite vs AC35: 1d20 + 21 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 21 - 4 = 31

Riddywhipple, Hurrit, Emberwik, Molly, Balik, Bubbles is/are up.
Universal Adjustments: Bless
Universal Conditions:
Knowledge: Arcana!

Unsanctioned Summoning! rd2:


  • x Chak [PETRIFIED]
  • + Hurrit
  • => Emberwik
  • => Molly
  • => Balik
  • => Bubbles [TOTAL DEFENSE]
  • Retriever
  • => Riddywipple

U = Unconscious 
S = Surprised 
D = Delay
R = Readied Action

Conditions:
Balik: 91/112
Bubbles: 48/48 (?)
Chak: 52/100 PETRIFIED
Emberwik: 111/111
Hurrit: 95/95
Molly: 96/96
Riddywhipple: 47/47

Enemies:
“Spider”: -81


Round to progress: 1 May 2019, 20:00 CDT (UTC-5)

Dark Archive

LN Ifrit Oracle(Shadow/Blackened) 12| HP36/111 | AC28 T18 FF23| CMD 21 | Fort 10 Ref 10 Will 11 | Speed 30/60 Flyft | Initiative +8| Buffs: Shield of Darkness
Abilities:
Flying 8/12 Minutes, Shadow Form 10/12 Minutes, Cloak of Darkness 8/12 Hours, Spells: 1st 2/8, 2nd 0/8, 3rd 0/8, 4th 0/8, 5th 0/5, 6th 0/3

Emberwik calls upon the power of Zon-Kuthon to make fighting for his allies less strenuous, shifting over slightly.

5ft step, Casting Greater Path of Glory, extending 4 squares towards Chak. Unfortunately, it will reach him next round. :(

Everyone within the squares receive 4HP each round at the end of their turn. Bless is still active, +1 to hit and fear saves.

Will Save +4 Bonus: 1d20 + 10 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 10 + 4 = 29

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Archer 5 / Darechaser 9 | HP 50/96 | AC 25, TAC 16, FFAC 21, 34 CMD | Fort +13, +14 Reflex, +11 Will | +5 Init | 0 Rounds of Adrenaline | Conditions: Detect Evil, Know Direction |

Swift action to dare myself to take this thing down. If a 31 confirms the crit but a 25 does not, I succeed because of my dare! For clarification, I have a 6d6+36(+2d8 sonic) crit. Bubbles passes on his turn with no actions.

CHAK! Not again! Not again!

Molly's confidence falters for a moment before she refocuses on taking out the creature. She fires 4 shots as her eyes dart towards the petrified tengu.

I have to take this thing down.

Full Attack:

Attack 1: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (20) + 21 = 41
Damage 1: 2d6 + 12 ⇒ (6, 4) + 12 = 22

Crit Confirmation: 1d20 + 1d8 + 23 ⇒ (2) + (6) + 23 = 31
Extra Crit Damage: 4d6 + 2d8 + 12 ⇒ (2, 1, 5, 3) + (2, 4) + 12 = 29

Attack 2: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (14) + 16 = 30
Damage 2: 2d6 + 12 ⇒ (4, 1) + 12 = 17

Attack 3: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19
Damage 3: 2d6 + 12 ⇒ (4, 2) + 12 = 18

Attack 4: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (13) + 21 = 34
Damage 4: 2d6 + 12 ⇒ (5, 6) + 12 = 23

Grand Lodge

"Uh, Boss. His feathers look like rocks. You promised not to lie to me for an hour!"

"Hey, Smelly! This is for your own good." Riddywipple spits on his claws and then slaps them together, letting the drool dribble out and to the floor.

"Mortals! Do not be fooled by my major domo's lies. That wall isn't real!"

Crunch:
Standard Cast grease on Balik
Move Retrieve a wand of mage armor from Huritt's belt

Will: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 27

Riddywipple is giving all allies an immediate save to disbelieve the illusion at +4.

Grand Lodge

"That was two hours ago, nincompoop!"

"That's a dire retriever! It's more powerful, so prepare for surprises."

Crunch:
Standard Concentrate on silent image

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

Molly lets loose her volley of arrows. The first strikes the creature in an eye, disappearing completely before the head bulges out slightly as the thunder goes off. The dare is what caused it to hit. Her following shots cause the thing to collapse to the ground, vile liquids seeping from the wounds.

Combat over!

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

Current Conditions:
Balik: 91/112
Bubbles: 48/48 (?)
Chak: 52/100 PETRIFIED
Emberwik: 111/111
Hurrit: 95/95
Molly: 96/96
Riddywhipple: 47/47

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

Stone to Flesh will be 6*11*10= 660gp. No PP choice for this spell. I'll also need a DC15 Fort save if they get this spell for you.

GM:

1d4 ⇒ 4

The battle over, the "King" holds the dying body of a woman in his arms.

Scarab Sages

M Male LN Ulfen Human Monk (wanderer) 11, Shaman (lore) 3 | HP: 107/112 | AC: 35 (29 tch, 28 Fl) | CMB: +15 (22 trip) CMD: 37 (43 vs trip) | F: +12, R: +15 W: +20 (+2 vs exhaustion/fatigue, +4 vs prone) | Init: +5 | Perc: +23, SM: +26 | Speed 60 | Spells: n/a | Active conditions: snake style

Balik murmurs a prayer to the spirits of his tribe and touches the woman. CMW: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (5, 8) + 3 = 16 "Come on now, lady! Death ain't all it's cracked up t'be, ye ken."

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Archer 5 / Darechaser 9 | HP 50/96 | AC 25, TAC 16, FFAC 21, 34 CMD | Fort +13, +14 Reflex, +11 Will | +5 Init | 0 Rounds of Adrenaline | Conditions: Detect Evil, Know Direction |

1d2 ⇒ 1

Those trees and stuff were illusions? Ahh, good to know. The arrow slits were a nice touch.

Does anyone have something to bring Chak back? If not then let’s find a couch or something to put him on while we get a scroll. There has to be Stone to Flesh around here somewhere.

Scarab Sages

M Male LN Ulfen Human Monk (wanderer) 11, Shaman (lore) 3 | HP: 107/112 | AC: 35 (29 tch, 28 Fl) | CMB: +15 (22 trip) CMD: 37 (43 vs trip) | F: +12, R: +15 W: +20 (+2 vs exhaustion/fatigue, +4 vs prone) | Init: +5 | Perc: +23, SM: +26 | Speed 60 | Spells: n/a | Active conditions: snake style

"I've got a magic stick, but it nae has anythin' t'deal wit' turnin' t'stone, lass. I think ye'll be right in thinkin' ova scroll. Big city, ought nae be an issue. He clears his throat. "Yer king commands it."

Dark Archive

LN Ifrit Oracle(Shadow/Blackened) 12| HP36/111 | AC28 T18 FF23| CMD 21 | Fort 10 Ref 10 Will 11 | Speed 30/60 Flyft | Initiative +8| Buffs: Shield of Darkness
Abilities:
Flying 8/12 Minutes, Shadow Form 10/12 Minutes, Cloak of Darkness 8/12 Hours, Spells: 1st 2/8, 2nd 0/8, 3rd 0/8, 4th 0/8, 5th 0/5, 6th 0/3

Emberwik extends the Greater Path of Glory to try to heal up Chak's petrified form of the hit point damage he has taken.

Hope that can work.

"Place the woman in the light, and it will restore her wounds, your majesty." 11 Rounds of it remaining would heal anyone in it 44hp.

Emberwik then sets out with a pouch of coins to purchase the services to reverse this mess.

Fortitude DC15: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

Scarab Sages

M Male LN Ulfen Human Monk (wanderer) 11, Shaman (lore) 3 | HP: 107/112 | AC: 35 (29 tch, 28 Fl) | CMB: +15 (22 trip) CMD: 37 (43 vs trip) | F: +12, R: +15 W: +20 (+2 vs exhaustion/fatigue, +4 vs prone) | Init: +5 | Perc: +23, SM: +26 | Speed 60 | Spells: n/a | Active conditions: snake style

Balik steps into the light with the woman, regally. "'Ere. I'll pitch in fer stony's betterment." He tosses a bag of coins to Emberwik. I can cover this or pitch in as needed. Balik's terrible with money.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Archer 5 / Darechaser 9 | HP 50/96 | AC 25, TAC 16, FFAC 21, 34 CMD | Fort +13, +14 Reflex, +11 Will | +5 Init | 0 Rounds of Adrenaline | Conditions: Detect Evil, Know Direction |

”I’m fine with splitting the cost of getting him back to muscle and bone. Maybe when the spider summoner gets up she can tell us where we can easily buy that scroll. Tell me how much I owe when it’s done.”

Molly pulls up a seat so she can keep an eye and the Chak sculpture and not knowing what else to do, she pulls out Chak’s journal and begins to read it.

Well, at least he’s comfortable in that state. The form is unbroken so he’ll be out before he knows it. Stanton wasn’t so lucky, poor guy.

Dark Archive

LN Ifrit Oracle(Shadow/Blackened) 12| HP36/111 | AC28 T18 FF23| CMD 21 | Fort 10 Ref 10 Will 11 | Speed 30/60 Flyft | Initiative +8| Buffs: Shield of Darkness
Abilities:
Flying 8/12 Minutes, Shadow Form 10/12 Minutes, Cloak of Darkness 8/12 Hours, Spells: 1st 2/8, 2nd 0/8, 3rd 0/8, 4th 0/8, 5th 0/5, 6th 0/3

Emberwik accepts the royal Balik Ulfenssen's generous donation. That a king would contribute to a mere tengu's fixing is an honor for some.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Archer 5 / Darechaser 9 | HP 50/96 | AC 25, TAC 16, FFAC 21, 34 CMD | Fort +13, +14 Reflex, +11 Will | +5 Init | 0 Rounds of Adrenaline | Conditions: Detect Evil, Know Direction |

Very nice script. Ahh. Oh my. This is...wow, this is a lot. I dare myself to read this.

Molly intensely reads the book.

Linguistics: 1d20 + 1d8 + 1d8 + 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (16) + (8) + (7) + (5) + 4 = 40

Oh this is just lovely. I love the phrasing. Beautiful descriptions. Wonderful...oh well that's a bit cheeky. Hah! Everyone starts somewhere. I wonder what he means by this? Ehh, I'm not getting everything so maybe its lost in translation.

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

After Balik heals the woman, she wakes up, looks up, and screams!

Scarab Sages

M Male LN Ulfen Human Monk (wanderer) 11, Shaman (lore) 3 | HP: 107/112 | AC: 35 (29 tch, 28 Fl) | CMB: +15 (22 trip) CMD: 37 (43 vs trip) | F: +12, R: +15 W: +20 (+2 vs exhaustion/fatigue, +4 vs prone) | Init: +5 | Perc: +23, SM: +26 | Speed 60 | Spells: n/a | Active conditions: snake style

"Great screamin' damsels!" Balik drops the woman in his sudden shock. "Less screamin', please, yer King commands it!"

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Archer 5 / Darechaser 9 | HP 50/96 | AC 25, TAC 16, FFAC 21, 34 CMD | Fort +13, +14 Reflex, +11 Will | +5 Init | 0 Rounds of Adrenaline | Conditions: Detect Evil, Know Direction |

As she turns a page in Chak's journal Molly reacts to the screaming by speaking calming while continuing to read.

"You are safe now, we have defeated the Retriever that you summoned. Once you get that panic out of your system, do you know where we can buy a scroll of Stone to Flesh? We need one."

Grand Lodge

Chaotic Neutral Tengu Slayer 12 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 35/100 | AC: 22 (13 T, 20 F) (+4 vs traps) | CMD: 31 (+4 vs traps) | F: 15, R: 16 (evasion, +5 vs traps), W: 15 | Init: 8 | Perc: 31 (37 vs traps, trap spotter) | Speed 40 |
Tracked Resources:
Tactician 1/1 | Reroll 1/1

Not sure if the stone to flesh spell has been procured yet, but when it has...

Fort: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26

Dark Archive

2 people marked this as a favorite.
LN Ifrit Oracle(Shadow/Blackened) 12| HP36/111 | AC28 T18 FF23| CMD 21 | Fort 10 Ref 10 Will 11 | Speed 30/60 Flyft | Initiative +8| Buffs: Shield of Darkness
Abilities:
Flying 8/12 Minutes, Shadow Form 10/12 Minutes, Cloak of Darkness 8/12 Hours, Spells: 1st 2/8, 2nd 0/8, 3rd 0/8, 4th 0/8, 5th 0/5, 6th 0/3

Emberwik returns with a wizard wearing orange robes that are embroided with stars and moons and trimmed with white fluff. The wizard's orange beard and hair also match the tall hat that he wears.

The wizard steps up. "Alright, so you give me the money, I cast the spell, then I return to another ridiculous fetch quest. I expect you lot will appreciate wizards far more now that we have a bigger use to you than just slaying dragons." He zaps his fingers a few times at Chak, while focusing on the components. "Oh dear me, that seems to be wrong. Hang on one moment." He zaps again, and the spell connects!

After he is successful, the strange wizard leaves. Emberwik bids him farewell. "Best of luck being that so-called hero, Breakwind."

"It's Rincewind."

"Shut up."

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Male LN Ulfen Human Monk (wanderer) 11, Shaman (lore) 3 | HP: 107/112 | AC: 35 (29 tch, 28 Fl) | CMB: +15 (22 trip) CMD: 37 (43 vs trip) | F: +12, R: +15 W: +20 (+2 vs exhaustion/fatigue, +4 vs prone) | Init: +5 | Perc: +23, SM: +26 | Speed 60 | Spells: n/a | Active conditions: snake style

Balik peers at the strange wizard, wondering why there's a set of baggage following dutifully after him.

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

With the spell completed, Chak collapses to the floor, suddently flesh and blood again. Several large wounds are on his body, but he is living and breathing again.

Coming in immediately after the other wizard leaves, Headmaster Toff comes in. "What is the meaning of this? What happened here?"

The now awake woman says, "I... I am sorry. I was trying to impress Sanjin by binding the retriever."

"What were you thinking, girl? You are hardly strong enough for that!"

He notices the scroll. "Where did you steal that from? I should have you thrown out of the Academae, Seska Imintar! Get your ass to the infirmary, now. You are fined 9000gp, for the theft of the scroll, and the damage you have cause! Get out of my sight!"

To the Pathfinders, he says. "Thank you for helping out with this situation. While it’s highly unusual for Acadamae students to attempt such foolish stunts, but such attempts always spike in the days leading up to a Breaching Festival. I don't know what gets into these young wizards these days.

"I'll take care of the bill for restoring Chak, there, and I'll additionally add in a reward of 900 platinum for you. This certainly is proof that you'll do well tomorrow!"

Sorry, found where he offers to pay for healing, etc.

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Male LN Ulfen Human Monk (wanderer) 11, Shaman (lore) 3 | HP: 107/112 | AC: 35 (29 tch, 28 Fl) | CMB: +15 (22 trip) CMD: 37 (43 vs trip) | F: +12, R: +15 W: +20 (+2 vs exhaustion/fatigue, +4 vs prone) | Init: +5 | Perc: +23, SM: +26 | Speed 60 | Spells: n/a | Active conditions: snake style

Balik nods. "Aye now, don' be too hard on the young women. It's the nature o' the young to act like fools. How else do ye ken we get new Pathfinders? If it weren't for fools, we'd be outta job. But aye, we'll take yer test and I reckon we'll succeed. When does it all start?" He punctuates his wisdom by belching loudly. "Royal wind there. Yer welcome."

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Archer 5 / Darechaser 9 | HP 50/96 | AC 25, TAC 16, FFAC 21, 34 CMD | Fort +13, +14 Reflex, +11 Will | +5 Init | 0 Rounds of Adrenaline | Conditions: Detect Evil, Know Direction |

With the Headmaster distracted by royal wind, Molly slips away and catches up to the summoner.

”Hey there.”

Molly takes off her cap and it float around to her bag. Bubbles takes out an Abadaran (Abadaren?) bank note and begins scribbling on it.

”That was a pretty gutsy stunt you pulled there. It’s the first time I’ve seen something like that called and it’s an impressive attempt regardless of how it ended up. And that you managed to acquire that scroll at all in a school like this is not to shabby either. I’m sure they don’t leave binding scrolls laying around.”

Bubbles hands the woman a note for 3000 gp.

”My curiosity is getting the better of me and I have to know what this was all for. Who or what is Sanjin?”

Dark Archive

LN Ifrit Oracle(Shadow/Blackened) 12| HP36/111 | AC28 T18 FF23| CMD 21 | Fort 10 Ref 10 Will 11 | Speed 30/60 Flyft | Initiative +8| Buffs: Shield of Darkness
Abilities:
Flying 8/12 Minutes, Shadow Form 10/12 Minutes, Cloak of Darkness 8/12 Hours, Spells: 1st 2/8, 2nd 0/8, 3rd 0/8, 4th 0/8, 5th 0/5, 6th 0/3

Emberwik sparks the belch and watches flames spew out of Balik's mouth. "Most impressive, your majesty."

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

To Molly, Seska replies, "Um, well... he is my... I mean to say... I'd like him to be..." she blushes... a lot.

Grand Lodge

Chaotic Neutral Tengu Slayer 12 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 35/100 | AC: 22 (13 T, 20 F) (+4 vs traps) | CMD: 31 (+4 vs traps) | F: 15, R: 16 (evasion, +5 vs traps), W: 15 | Init: 8 | Perc: 31 (37 vs traps, trap spotter) | Speed 40 |
Tracked Resources:
Tactician 1/1 | Reroll 1/1

"Did you ever think about becoming a Pathfinder? You would fit in, harmonize and assimilate with them well."

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Archer 5 / Darechaser 9 | HP 50/96 | AC 25, TAC 16, FFAC 21, 34 CMD | Fort +13, +14 Reflex, +11 Will | +5 Init | 0 Rounds of Adrenaline | Conditions: Detect Evil, Know Direction |

She did all of this for a boy? Well I have seen crazier. Poor dear.

Molly leans in close and whispers to the summoner a piece of advice.

“Don’t let this discourage you Seska, it’s clear you have lots of talent. If you need to summon an abyssal construct created out of primordial evil to get someone to notice you, you might want to find someone else. And if you have trouble paying your fine, feel free to contact me with Sending, I’m sure we can work something out with your Headmaster.”

Bubbles shoves the bank note into Seska’s pocket as Molly extends her hand in greeting.

“Molly Trickfoot, seeker of the Pathfinder Society. Oh and this is Chak. Glad to see you’re back with us. How are you feeling?”

Grand Lodge

"That's not so unusual," Huritt replies, "The Ruby Phoenix Tournament sees a similar spike in magical accidents right before its grand opening. Well, it used to anyways.

"Eventually they realized that the causes were a combination of increased ambient magical energies--from the overseers' preparations--and decreased oversight and discipline--also from the overseers' preparations. Obviously, they could not not prepare for the tournament, so instead they sent away those most susceptible."

Huritt looks after Seska and gives a brief, small smile, "In your case, I suppose that would mean a vacation for the students, no?"

Bluff: 1d20 + 31 ⇒ (19) + 31 = 50

Grand Lodge

The faerie dragon makes a high-pitched noise that could be a burp or a sneeze. Orange, blue and white lights spray out of his mouth, then he cocks his head and glares at Balik with a single eye. "Stop that! Don't you know it's contagious!"

If someone happens to be next to Riddywipple and consents to PvP: DC 12 Fortitude or suffer euphoria for 1d6 rounds.

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

After the Headmaster leaves, Jandar again meets up with you. "I there anything that I can do to help you before you turn in for the night, noble heroes?"

Sense Motive DC20:

He seems to be sincere in calling you all noble heroes.

DC30 check

Spoiler:

He does quickly glance at Balik with a look of astonizhment, like he cannot believe that the scroungy monk is actually a king!

"I believe that you would find the tavern refreshing, or perhaps you would like to visit the baths first?" At this moment, a flock of tiny dragons flies out of a nearby steeple, and start swarming around Riddywipple.

"តើនេះជាអ្វី? គាត់មិនដូចយើងទេ ... គាត់ត្រូវបានប៉ះដោយមនុស្សដំបូង។ ចំ​លែក​ខ្លាំង​ណាស់។ តើជាតិពុលអ្វីទៅជាអាវុធដង្ហើមរបស់អ្នក?"

draconic:

What is this one? He is not like us... he is touched by the First World. Very strange. What sort of toxin is your breath weapon?

Grand Lodge

"Pastries, my faithful servant. With lots of chocolate and icing!"

"Watch, I'll show you. It's wondrous, not a toxin."

Riddywipple lazily flies around and in front of Huritt, clearly taking longer and going farther than necessary, and examining several objects around the room. Then he suddenly sprays the man's face with a burst of light and color.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Grand Lodge

Chaotic Neutral Tengu Slayer 12 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 35/100 | AC: 22 (13 T, 20 F) (+4 vs traps) | CMD: 31 (+4 vs traps) | F: 15, R: 16 (evasion, +5 vs traps), W: 15 | Init: 8 | Perc: 31 (37 vs traps, trap spotter) | Speed 40 |
Tracked Resources:
Tactician 1/1 | Reroll 1/1

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (16) + 23 = 39

"Just a bit of preening, shall suffice, be enough and be adequate for tonight. I take my baths in the morning as my feathers will not dry quickly, rapidly and speedily enough during the night."

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Archer 5 / Darechaser 9 | HP 50/96 | AC 25, TAC 16, FFAC 21, 34 CMD | Fort +13, +14 Reflex, +11 Will | +5 Init | 0 Rounds of Adrenaline | Conditions: Detect Evil, Know Direction |

“I’d like to see where we will be staying the night. I don’t drink unless someone dares me too.”

After a short pause Molly thinks for a moment and says something, mainly to herself.

“I haven’t decided if this is healthy yet.”

Scarab Sages

M Male LN Ulfen Human Monk (wanderer) 11, Shaman (lore) 3 | HP: 107/112 | AC: 35 (29 tch, 28 Fl) | CMB: +15 (22 trip) CMD: 37 (43 vs trip) | F: +12, R: +15 W: +20 (+2 vs exhaustion/fatigue, +4 vs prone) | Init: +5 | Perc: +23, SM: +26 | Speed 60 | Spells: n/a | Active conditions: snake style

SM: 1d20 + 26 ⇒ (7) + 26 = 33

Balik smiles regally. "Appearances, lad, can be deceivin'. Once 'pon a time people thought I were a no-talent layabout and looka me now, lad: King in exile. Eat yer veggies and brush yer teeth lad, ain't no way t'tell what ye might be tom'morra."

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

Will move on to the next day once everyone has chimed in

Dark Archive

LN Ifrit Oracle(Shadow/Blackened) 12| HP36/111 | AC28 T18 FF23| CMD 21 | Fort 10 Ref 10 Will 11 | Speed 30/60 Flyft | Initiative +8| Buffs: Shield of Darkness
Abilities:
Flying 8/12 Minutes, Shadow Form 10/12 Minutes, Cloak of Darkness 8/12 Hours, Spells: 1st 2/8, 2nd 0/8, 3rd 0/8, 4th 0/8, 5th 0/5, 6th 0/3

Sense Motive: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10

"Nothing for me is necessary." Emberwik generally takes care of himself.

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

When Sunday morning arrives, the Acadamae wakes to a single sharp ringing of the campus bells at the break of dawn. The Breaching Festival officially begins an hour after dawn, but eager spectators begin gathering on the surrounding walls and the campus’s southern quad even before sunrise. Hundreds of common folk sit or stand atop the Acadamae’s southern walls, while vendors of refreshments and souvenirs wander nosily and often through the mass. Important observers, such as aristocrats and other prominent locals and nobles, are allowed to gather at ground level among several large and colorful tents and pavilions erected overnight in the quad just south of the Hall of Summoning. It is in this area that the Pathfinfers and other contestants are expected to gather, waiting for Toff to begin the competition with his opening speech at precisely 7:00 a.m.

At 15 minutes before, a large group of nobles arrives to excessive fanfare—this is none other than Queen Ileosa and several royal attendants. The queen has no true interest in the Breaching’s contestants—she’s making an appearance out of tradition, and fully expects this year’s festival to have the same result every year has, with another batch of hopeful adventurers vanishing and being forgotten by month’s end.

Three of the four other contestants show up as well.

Illia Ean, a slim, homely Varisian woman with brown hair that looks like it’s been self-cut by a dull knife without a mirror.

Knur of the Gilded Claw a short dwarf, surly and scarred from years of work in Riddleport’s gas works.

Maganradan, an Ulfen wizard and a student teacher at the school—as a result, he’s a crowd favorite, since he’s the one who represents the Acadamae most directly. He’s tall, lanky, and kindly looking. He wears a tunic and breeches rather than more traditional wizards’ robes, and has a pair of leather bracers over his forearms.

Missing is Fatmire, young looking halfling with eyes that dart from side to side as he speaks and a somewhat rodentlike face.

At 7:00, the bells toll the hour and Headmaster Toff Ornelos arrives in a blast of multicolored smoke, teleporting into the staging area from his office. He lifts his hand to signal silence, and after the crowd quiets, he speaks aloud to the crowd, but especially to the contestants.

"“Welcome one and all to this year’s Breaching Festival! I know the contestants are eager to begin, so I shall keep this introduction short. This year, as every year, one must enter the Hall of Wards via its eastern entrance after solving several minor conundrums our professors and spellcasters have set up at the other seven halls that surround us. The first contestant to emerge from these doors—” here Toff pauses to indicate the large doors in the Hall of Wards’ western facade, facing the quad—“shall be declared the winner of the Breaching Festival. If no winner emerges by dusk, there can be no winner for this year’s festival. Yet should one of these brave contestants accomplish what no one has accomplished in over 150 years, that person will walk away with more than 150,000 gold sails!”

Here, the crowd erupts into cheers for several seconds. When the roar dies down, Toff places his hands inside the front of his robe and withdraws a glowing, fist-sized sphere of shimmering light that he holds aloft. The sphere dances and bobs an inch above his upturned palm.

“These glowing spheres are the keys to your fate and fortune, worthy contestants. This is a key-light—there are seven of them hidden among the seven other Halls on the grounds. Each contestant needs his or her own key-light to get into the Hall of Wards. So find yourself a key-light, use it to enter the Hall of Wards, and you will have your chance to enter history!”

All locations are now labeled on the map

Locations with Key-Lights:


  • Hall of Summoning
  • Hall of Seeing
  • Hall of Induction
  • Hall of Lies
  • Hall of Shaping
  • Hall of Charms
  • Hall of Whispers

You are free to go to any of the above halls to find your key-lights. You will each need one.

Scarab Sages

M Male LN Ulfen Human Monk (wanderer) 11, Shaman (lore) 3 | HP: 107/112 | AC: 35 (29 tch, 28 Fl) | CMB: +15 (22 trip) CMD: 37 (43 vs trip) | F: +12, R: +15 W: +20 (+2 vs exhaustion/fatigue, +4 vs prone) | Init: +5 | Perc: +23, SM: +26 | Speed 60 | Spells: n/a | Active conditions: snake style

"Well now! That was a openin' ceremony if ever I saw one! My royal decree is that we try the hall o' lies. Sounds like a heckuva place fer a test t'start!" Balik points toward the lying hall.

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

We will move forward with Rule of Three, or 24 hours, which ever happens first.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Archer 5 / Darechaser 9 | HP 50/96 | AC 25, TAC 16, FFAC 21, 34 CMD | Fort +13, +14 Reflex, +11 Will | +5 Init | 0 Rounds of Adrenaline | Conditions: Detect Evil, Know Direction |

As the Queen moves into view Molly freezes. Her hands begin reaching for her bow but mid-gesture she stops and pretends to adjust her hair.

Queen Ileosa? Here? After what her Grey Maidens did to Mal I should nail her to the floor with my arrows until there isn't anything left. I know Bubbles, I know. This isn't the time, it would put my team at risk, and it would embarrass the Society. Maybe if I win this she will be there. Maybe if I'm victorious, she will see me. That way when the time comes, she will know my face.

"Ummm, yes, I agree. The Hall of Lies is a good enough place to start. Oh Chak, I have something to give back to you."

Molly pulls out "The Convoluted Chronicles of the Ignominious General Chak, Vol. I" and gingerly hands it over.

"I'm not the most gifted linguist but I read through what I could. An interesting protagonist, to say the least.

Molly clears her throat and gives a short bow.

"Egia esan, eskerrik asko."

Mahwekan:
"Truly, you have my thanks."

Grand Lodge

Chaotic Neutral Tengu Slayer 12 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 35/100 | AC: 22 (13 T, 20 F) (+4 vs traps) | CMD: 31 (+4 vs traps) | F: 15, R: 16 (evasion, +5 vs traps), W: 15 | Init: 8 | Perc: 31 (37 vs traps, trap spotter) | Speed 40 |
Tracked Resources:
Tactician 1/1 | Reroll 1/1

"By the names alone, they sound like they might be tied, connected, and associated with the various schools of magical arts, do they not? I suspect perhaps we should be wary, vigilant, and suspicious of illusions if we seek the Hall of Lies."

Chak places the tome back in his haversack.

"Once we are finished, completed, and done with this task I will make sure volume two is available for you perusal."

51 to 100 of 819 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Silbeg's Academy of Secrets All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.