GM ShadowLord's Tyrant's Grasp - Group 1

Game Master The Rising Phoenix

Roll 20

LOOT!


1,351 to 1,400 of 1,540 << first < prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | next > last >>

DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Inside of the armoire is a heavy cloak that is decorated with beautiful crimson and green patterns. The inside of the cloak appears to be lined with a soft silk-like material even though the outside is heavy and thick.

Spellcraft DC20:
This is a cloak of resistance +1.

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 33/33 [39/39 Rage] [DR/1] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Vlad nods sourly at Coral's words about the origami piece. "This place is full of all kinds of nasty surprises."

Once they have searched, he says "More doors--should I open the double doors?" he asks.


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Damian nods at the cloak.

"That is beautiful. Unfortunately, it is not a key, unless it has one in its pocket."


F Duskwalker Bard (Silver Baladeer) 3 | HP 20/20 | Defenses: AC 16, T 12, FF 14, CMD 16 | F:+2, R:+5, W:+5| Per: +7, SM: +5, Init: +2

Lola tries to identify the cloak.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


Channel 3/5, Bolstering Touch 6/6, Seize the Initiative 5/6
Spells Remaining:
See Sheet
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Marya is similarly perplexed at the purpose of the cloak. "Better to just hold onto for now if Feena can't figure it out. I'm good with the double doors, just make sure we check it first for traps."

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 22/22 | AC 19, T 14, FF 16, CMD 15 | Mv 40' | F +5 R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: Triple Time

Coral will move to the double doors, checking for traps and ready to Bodyguard Vlad as they move through.
It's a miracle he is still alive after what he has taken, but everybody has limits. I'll do what I can for him.
Perception vs traps: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23


female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +2, R +4, W +4 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Immolation Aura 3/3rnds | Spells: 1st 6/6

Feena listened to the discussion as they checked out the armoire. She was still rather bugged by the creature they just killed and she was having trouble focusing because of it. Still when they found yet another magical item to identify she took a close look at it.
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
She finally managed to push past the terror of the bug-thing as she examined the fabric and traced through the weaving of the spell into the fabric. When she finished she said, "This is a cloak of resistance, a fairly minor one, that will bolster your ability to ignore some kinds of attacks."


Channel 3/5, Bolstering Touch 6/6, Seize the Initiative 5/6
Spells Remaining:
See Sheet
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

I think Feena's saves are overall the lowest, so I'd say the cloak should go to her

Marya takes off her gauntlet and massages the bridge of her nose while making sure to keep her mouth uncovered so Damian can read her lips. "Damian, you've been taken notes about this place? Have you noticed anything possible clues about this place or patterns in the layout? I hate wandering around blind." She sits down on the ground by the wall, leaning back against it, and slowly massages the corners of her jaw. "Hilde was always the one who was good about taking notes. I didn't even take notes in seminary. I was cocky enough to think I could keep it all in here." She taps the side of her head. A faint smile flashes, but it dims shortly after. She had been able to hold it together for a while because everything else just seemed so pressing and urgent, but something about traveling with a bard again kept making her think back to Hilde. Her style had been more bombastic oratory perfect for Iomedaeans, but the feeling of inspiration was just the same. "I always thought that 'other half' talk was b!%!!&%~, but it was true for us. 'Like finding two pieces of glass broken from different panes that fit together' she said." She finally opens her eyes, the dew of fresh tears lining them, and looks to Damian. "I hope it was the same for you."

When I conceived of Hilde, it was as a swashbuckler(inspired blade)/bard(arcane duelist). That made sense to me given her job, Arazni's favored weapon, and her interests. Also, I wanted her to have stats in the miraculous case that Marya is able to resurrect her someday


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

Damian smiles faintly as he takes out a dog-eared notebook and opens it to reveal pages covered in neat script and precise diagrams. "I have taken notes, yes." He starts thumbing through the pages, glancing at their content while trying to follow the rest of what Marya is saying. His expression is sympathetic as she reminisces about her dead lover, but shakes her head at her last words.

"Dragoslav was very good to me, that is true, but our bond was more companionable love than..." He gestures at Marya, smiling sadly.


Channel 3/5, Bolstering Touch 6/6, Seize the Initiative 5/6
Spells Remaining:
See Sheet
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Marya knows she should get back to the notes and figure out how best to move forward, considering the psychopomp at the party’s heels, but she is tired and tense and needs a break. Also, she never got to finish that conversation with him back in the town before...all this.

”What was he like, if you don’t mind me asking?”


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

Damian gets a faraway look in his eyes as he reminisces. "Kind. Gentle. Patient." A corner of his mouth quirks up. "Stubborn." He runs a hand over his face, rubbing his beard. "Most men in town wouldn't marry me, back when... you know. When I wasn't me. But he didn't care about all the rumors and the superstition. And he knew the most wonderful stories, Varisian legends of monsters and curses, and heroes and heartbreak. But at the same time - heh." Damian chuckles and hold up a finger, his manner changing as if he is imitating someone else.

"How do you make holy water?" He waits a beat before delivering the punchline. "You boil the hell out of it." He shakes his head. "He was like that, with the most terrible jokes and puns. When the twins were younger, they thought those were the funniest thing in the world. When they grew older... eh." Damian shrugs, his palms turned up.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Channel 3/5, Bolstering Touch 6/6, Seize the Initiative 5/6
Spells Remaining:
See Sheet
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

The joke pulls a genuine chuckle from Marya. That was a popular joke in the Reclamation, considering how often the clerics got stuck brewing holy water to toss at devils. It felt strange hearing it again so long after, but it brought back memories of nights at ease with friends and lovers. ”You’ve got good delivery. And all of what you’re describing sounds wonderful. A great father and husband. Both of you, I’m sure. Really, I am not sure how to say just how happy I am for you.” Marya doesn’t even feel the slightest tinge of jealousy. Happiness isn’t a zero sum game. People can just be happy for each other, surprisingly enough.

In fact, Marya is finding herself enjoying this mutual sharing, especially with someone who understands so well. ”Hilde hated comedy. I know, it surprised me, too. I said something like ‘Who in the hells hates comedy?’ She said too many comedians are just bullies, and she didn’t care enough to spend time teasing out the ones that aren’t. So instead of comedy, she was silly. Would just start singing. Make up a tune or switch out the words in a folk song to be about a cat or how horrible hardtack tastes. Just randomly decide to talk in a completely different accent, no explanation. She’d play around seeing what kinds of sounds she could make.” Hilde didn’t like to talk about her past, but Marya knew she had been ostracized for her orc heritage and had endured some great trauma. Marya suspected that whatever it was, it was how Hilde picked up her habits of entertaining herself.


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 22/22 | AC 19, T 14, FF 16, CMD 15 | Mv 40' | F +5 R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: Triple Time

Coral listens quietly. There aren't a lot of halflings in Three Pines Ford, and she's kin to most of them. She would have to travel to find potential matches that aren't close relations. Humans are numerous enough, some of them quite charming, but she doesn't know of any relationships like that, given the size difference. Maybe with magic?

I never had the time to find someone... no, don't think that, you're not dead yet. Maybe that will come later. I haven't gotten to do much of anything yet. These others have done so much more...

She fidgets with her holy symbol.


Channel 3/5, Bolstering Touch 6/6, Seize the Initiative 5/6
Spells Remaining:
See Sheet
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Marya notices the awkward quiet and smiles sheepishly. ”Sorry about all that, folks. Hope we didn’t upset any of you. It’s hard to not reminisce sometimes. My background’s no big secret anyways. I’d rather have it all on the table. Means we can talk about things more meaningful than the weather. Life’s too short.”

Marya looks at Coral in particular. ”You alright?”


female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +2, R +4, W +4 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Immolation Aura 3/3rnds | Spells: 1st 6/6

Alright, I'll take the cloak then.
Feena considered what Marya asked Damian, whether he saw a pattern, and thought it through carefully. The whole experience had been strange but she was noticing a pattern between the last place and here. She listened to Marya and Damian talk and couldn't help but snicker at the bad joke Damian told.

Smiling at Damian she said, "That sounds like something Gregory would have laughed at," in a sad tone. She sighed as she felt the hurt of losing Gregory anew but resolutely did not cry. "I'm afraid I never found anyone either, though I suppose my life with Gregory was not so dissimilar to yours with Dragoslav, Damian, but without the marriage part."


F Duskwalker Bard (Silver Baladeer) 3 | HP 20/20 | Defenses: AC 16, T 12, FF 14, CMD 16 | F:+2, R:+5, W:+5| Per: +7, SM: +5, Init: +2

While the others speak briefly, Lola tunes her guitar quietly, and listens, not adding anything.

She peers towards their next objective, serenely, even her eyes a mask.


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 22/22 | AC 19, T 14, FF 16, CMD 15 | Mv 40' | F +5 R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: Triple Time

"Yeah," says Coral to Marya, "I get to feeling sorry for myself, because this is so unfair. I haven't gotten to live as much as you and Damian, or do as many things. But then I think that I am still alive. It seems ungrateful to complain about my circumstances.
All those people in Roslar's Coffer... my friend Salcas... bad things happen to good people. You don't get an answer why. They just do. And it's our job to make the world a little more fair and just, because Fate doesn't do that for us."


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Leaving the magical grasshopper note alone, Coral checks the doors to the north out. Not finding signs of a trap or danger, she signals to Vlad who slides them open.

A massive canopy bed to the east dominates this large room with a wide, ornate headboard carved with images of snails chasing cats. Hanging from the canopy are hundreds of medallions of various sizes and shapes. A roll-top desk stands against the south wall. The desk is overflowing with papers, some of which are scattered on the floor or folded into origami shapes. Glass doors lead to semicircular balconies to the west and north, while an elegant sliding double door opens to the south, next to the desk.

It would appear that something in this room had been waiting for you. Having overheard your lengthy conversion, a short, dark haired ghostly creature seems to writhe in the throes of some uncontrollable emotion as it floats through the wall from the east and moves to attack Vlad. Having previously encountered Garrid back in the town square, you immediately recognize that this a creature of the same making, an unfettered phantom.

Whereas Garrid was full of anger however, this one seams to be possessed with fear. With wild eyes it screams at you and raises its arms as it readies to attack as it screams "You should not have come to this place!"

R1: Coral, Vlad, Lola, Marya, Phantom, Feena, Damian

Unfettered phantoms:
Unfettered Phantoms are escaped souls of humanoid creatures in desperate search of a psychically attuned being with whom to merge—such a merger creates a spiritualist. Every phantom harbors a strong emotion that tears it from the normal path of souls seeking final judgment and reward. Until an unfettered phantom finds a refuge, it is a frantic and shifting thing, a desperate creature of raw emotion and need.
Phantoms are ectoplasmic outsiders that resist all but slashing weapons and are immune to mind-affecting effects.

GM:

Damian: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
Feena: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Marya: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 0 = 9
Coral: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Vlad: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Marya reroll: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (18) + 0 = 18
Lola: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Ayuki: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 22/22 | AC 19, T 14, FF 16, CMD 15 | Mv 40' | F +5 R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: Triple Time

It's coming from the east?
Coral steps next to Vlad, draws her sword, and readies to aid Vlad's attack if the Unfettered Phantom comes within reach.

Readied Attack:
Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
+4 to hit for Vlad.

Bodyguard for +4 AC on Vlad if he is attacked:

AOO: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
AOO: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 33/33 [39/39 Rage] [DR/1] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Vlad had been quiet during the previous exchange, listening to the others and trying to figure out how to tell them that their suffering only made them stronger. Still, he remained quiet, not having found many that would agree.

When the phantom drew near them, Vlad leaps into action, drawing his bardiche.

"You're right--we shouldn't have come here, but we're still going to banish you from this place!"

Coral's efforts to protect him seem almost required, for he has no regard for his own safety. He attacks, but leaves himself completely open to a punishing counter-attack.

RAGE! Power Attack (-1/+3) (reckless abandon: -1 AC/+1 atk)
Bardichel (power attack, RAGE!, reckless abandon): 1d20 + 6 - 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 6 - 1 + 2 + 1 = 181d10 + 7 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 3 = 14

Welcome back!


Channel 3/5, Bolstering Touch 6/6, Seize the Initiative 5/6
Spells Remaining:
See Sheet
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

I don't see Vlad or the phantom on the map

Marya sighs and stands up, drawing her sword once more. Two move actions

It attacked while we were talking, so makes sense she would have still been sitting with her sword sheathed


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Fixed map, not sure what happened there.


F Duskwalker Bard (Silver Baladeer) 3 | HP 20/20 | Defenses: AC 16, T 12, FF 14, CMD 16 | F:+2, R:+5, W:+5| Per: +7, SM: +5, Init: +2

When the phantom appears, Lola is startled, and she looks like she's going to open her mouth to say something to it, but Vlad attacks it.

identify phantom, heightened awareness, if undead, add 5: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 7 + 2 = 25

When Vlad slices through the creature, she closes her mouth and mutters, "ai, big guy, there's more than one way to banish a spirit. You don't always have to hit it with a sword... though now, it's too late." She spins briefly, her spear at her side, on the balls of her feet, and breathlessly faces the phantom with her longspear.

Inspire courage!

perform dance: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Vlad's attack cuts through the special resistance the phantom has, cutting the creature badly. Though it doesn't bleed, it screams loudly in response to the attack. Closing the distance it thrusts its fist into and through Vlad's body, ripping open a tremendous cavity in his chest. Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15 damage + DC15 Will or become shaken for 1d4 ⇒ 4 rounds.

R1: Phantom, Feena, Damian R2: Coral, Vlad, Lola, Marya

GM:

PA Vlad: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 10 - 2 = 27


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 22/22 | AC 19, T 14, FF 16, CMD 15 | Mv 40' | F +5 R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: Triple Time

Coral sees the gory wound. She hopes Vlad can power through. He needs to learn to dodge... I can only do so much.
The halfling steps next to Vlad (thought she had already, map seems to have changed), stabs at the phantom, and prepares to defend Vlad.

Rapier, PA, IC: 1d20 + 6 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 6 - 1 + 1 = 25
Confirm?: 1d20 + 6 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 6 - 1 + 1 = 19

Damage: 1d4 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 2 + 1 = 8
Crit Damage: 1d4 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 2 + 1 = 8

Bodyguard for +4 AC as an AOO next time Vlad is attacked: 1d20 + 6 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 6 - 1 + 1 = 8 That actually will be enough if Marya does Inspiring Sword before Bodyguard is needed.

Vlad, you have +2 on that Will save for being adjacent to Coral - Shake it Off and Auspicious Birth.

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 33/33 [39/39 Rage] [DR/1] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Vlad seems the gaping wound in his chest, and fear seeps into his mind.

"Must the burden weigh on my mind as well as my body?!"

He steps back and attacks again, much less sure of himself.

Will: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 2 + 2 = 11 (+2 Coral; +2 vs. spells, supernatural abilities, and spell-like abilities)

RAGE! (based on 21 Str) (reckless abandon: -1 AC/+1 atk)
Heavy Flail (RAGE!, reckless abandon, shaken): 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 2 + 1 - 2 = 131d10 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


F Duskwalker Bard (Silver Baladeer) 3 | HP 20/20 | Defenses: AC 16, T 12, FF 14, CMD 16 | F:+2, R:+5, W:+5| Per: +7, SM: +5, Init: +2

Lola nods at the phantom, ”lo siento, hermano, you brought these attacks on yourself.”

She takes a stab at the phantom with her spear, as it is her best weapon.

masterwork silver longspear, inspire courage: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 1 = 8
longspear damage, inspire courage: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 1 = 11

Vlad also did one extra damage If he hit.


Channel 3/5, Bolstering Touch 6/6, Seize the Initiative 5/6
Spells Remaining:
See Sheet
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Marya takes a step closer and begins her sword dance.

+2 sacred bonus on attack rolls, skill checks, and saving throws


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

Damian rushes up to Vlad, a healing spell ready on his fingertips.

"Do not despair, we have your back!"

CLW: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Poke Feena.


female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +2, R +4, W +4 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Immolation Aura 3/3rnds | Spells: 1st 6/6

Feena gasped as she saw the wound Vlad took from the phantom and knew that she needed to do something to help. With her limited remaining magic, and the fact only he had been injured there, Feena didn't dare waste a spell for so little gain. Instead she focused on taking down the phantom with another jolt of electricity.
jolt: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 1 = 161d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Coral's attack hits, but not critically sow. Just missing the strike by teh slimmest of margins, she buries her rapier into the phantom. Though her blade fully enters the creature, it seemingly is not damaged completely by her strike.

Vlad and Lola both miss, only Feena landing a small jolt which injures the phantom. Marya starts to dance while Damian rushes to heal Vlad. The phantom draws back and plunges its fist deep into Vlad's body. Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 + DC15 Will or become shaken for 1d4 ⇒ 2 rounds.

The phantom them draws back and moves away from the group. As it moves, it's body becomes partially translucent and you are able to see through it where it was once a solid creature. The phantom moves north and fades through the wall to the west of the doorway, disappearing from sight. Provokes from Vlad and Coral.

Attack Vlad: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 10 - 2 = 26

R2: Phantom, Feena, Damian R2: Coral, Vlad, Lola, Marya

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 33/33 [39/39 Rage] [DR/1] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Vlad swings at the phantom once more in frustration as it departs.

"Get back here!" he yells.

Will save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

bardiche (RAGE!, reckless abandon, inspire courage, inspiring sword): 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 191d10 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 1 = 17

Quick question--do inspire courage and inspiring sword stack? If not, subtract 1 atk and dmg.


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

Damian applies some healing magic to Vlad again, trying to keep the man on his feet. Amazing how he could withstand what were obviously one punishing blow after another and still have so much fighting spirit left in him.

CLW: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


Channel 3/5, Bolstering Touch 6/6, Seize the Initiative 5/6
Spells Remaining:
See Sheet
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

They do stack. Inspiring Sword is a sacred bonus and inspire courage provides competence and morale bonuses

Marya continues her inspiring sword dance.

+2 sacred bonus on attack rolls, saving throws, and skill checks

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 33/33 [39/39 Rage] [DR/1] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7
Marya Ilyinichna Belova wrote:
They do stack. Inspiring Sword is a sacred bonus and inspire courage provides competence and morale bonuses

I love both of you.


F Duskwalker Bard (Silver Baladeer) 3 | HP 20/20 | Defenses: AC 16, T 12, FF 14, CMD 16 | F:+2, R:+5, W:+5| Per: +7, SM: +5, Init: +2

Lola also got an AOO with her longspear!

masterwork silver longspear, inspire courage, inspiring sword: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 1 + 2 = 18
longspear damage, inspire courage: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 = 7

Lola stops performing her dance, the lingering performance still inspiring everyone. She moves over and takes another swing from a distance.

masterwork silver longspear, inspire courage, inspiring sword: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 1 + 2 = 22
longspear damage, inspire courage: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 1 = 9


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 22/22 | AC 19, T 14, FF 16, CMD 15 | Mv 40' | F +5 R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: Triple Time

"Hey! You don't do that to Vlad and walk away!"
Coral stabs with her rapier.
AOO, PA, IC, Inspiring Sword: 1d20 + 6 - 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 6 - 1 + 1 + 2 = 23
Damage, PA, IC: 1d4 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 2 + 1 = 8

The phantom then vanishes into the wall, and there is nothing else Coral can do.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Vlad and Coral, are you done? Feena still needs actions.


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 22/22 | AC 19, T 14, FF 16, CMD 15 | Mv 40' | F +5 R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: Triple Time

Yeah, done.

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 33/33 [39/39 Rage] [DR/1] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Vlad lowers his weapon as it enters the wall, frustrated and feeling exhausted by his moment of divine clarity. fatigued after rage

"Bah! A cowardly ghost--let it run," he says.

He begins to look around the room.

perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Thanks for the heals, Damian. I'm down 10 hp for the record (after applying DR).


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 22/22 | AC 19, T 14, FF 16, CMD 15 | Mv 40' | F +5 R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: Triple Time

Did you count Fey Foundling on those heals? We will try to find your lost fairie family someday...

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 33/33 [39/39 Rage] [DR/1] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Bah—I did not! Thanks! Down 6.


female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +2, R +4, W +4 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Immolation Aura 3/3rnds | Spells: 1st 6/6

Feena stared with horror as Vlad took yet another strike from the phantom menace. She didn't understand how he could take such wounds and live but live he did. The phantom fled the area and Feena moved towards Vlad while keeping an eye open for further trouble as she said "I think we should expect that the creature will attack us again when we least expect it, and from the least expected directions of above or below."


F Duskwalker Bard (Silver Baladeer) 3 | HP 20/20 | Defenses: AC 16, T 12, FF 14, CMD 16 | F:+2, R:+5, W:+5| Per: +7, SM: +5, Init: +2

I think the phantom is visible, just incorporeal near Vlad, I took a swing at it at least.

At least, I thought so - I see it on the map.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

The phantom is in the north room. Vlad opened the door when it attacked. You saw it phase through the wall to the north.


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

"Perhaps it was just scared of us. Most animals, and some humanoids as well, lash out when they feel cornered." Damian offers.

He thinks of suggesting that they attempt to parlay with it, but after seeing the horrific damage it inflicted on Vlad, he doesn't want to get close to it; he doesn't believe that he would survive the encounter.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Vlad, Lola and Coral all land their attacks on the fleeing phantom and Lola is able to land an attack when she follows it into the next room. An attack she pays for.

Seeing Lola enter the room, the phantom spins to face her. Ignoring Vlad, it steps up to the bard and levels two tremendously powerful fists to her body, breaking bones and bursting through her chest in a bloody explosion as its fist exit her back. 13+11=24 damage + + DC15 Will or become shaken for 1d4 ⇒ 3.

R3: Phantom, Feena, Damian R4: Coral, Vlad, Lola, Marya

GM:

Attack Lola: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 10 - 2 = 27 Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Attack Lola: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 10 - 2 = 19 Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


F Duskwalker Bard (Silver Baladeer) 3 | HP 20/20 | Defenses: AC 16, T 12, FF 14, CMD 16 | F:+2, R:+5, W:+5| Per: +7, SM: +5, Init: +2

As the phantom fist exits Lola, and without another sound, Lola collapses onto the ground, bleeding badly internally.

Constitution check, -4: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (1) - 3 = -2

Her breathing, shallow and ragged, quickens in speed as she involuntarily gasps for breath. Blood emerges from her mouth and pools on the ground nearby.


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 22/22 | AC 19, T 14, FF 16, CMD 15 | Mv 40' | F +5 R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: Triple Time

"Lola! Vlad, give me a flank!"
I thought we were taking a minute here...
Coral follows into the next room and readies to strike once Vlad is in position.
Lingering Performance keeps Inspire Courage in effect?

Readied Attack:
Rapier, Flanking, IC, PA: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 2 + 1 - 1 = 20
Damage, IC, PA, SA: 1d4 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 + 2 + (1) = 7

1,351 to 1,400 of 1,540 << first < prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM ShadowLord's Tyrant's Grasp - Group 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.