GM ShadowLord's Tyrant's Grasp - Group 1

Game Master The Rising Phoenix

Roll 20

LOOT!


1,301 to 1,350 of 1,520 << first < prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | next > last >>

M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

Damian helps Marya and Coral in putting out the fire in the library, using his cloak to smother the flames and beat them out.

"Ahh, a shame we could not keep the books entirely from harm, but at least those pests have been dealt with. Here, let me see to your wounds."

Channel: 1d6 ⇒ 6


female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +2, R +4, W +4 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Immolation Aura 3/3rnds | Spells: 1st 6/6

Forgot to call it out but did Prestidigitation not dry out the books?


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 22/22 | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 40' | F +5 R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: Triple Time

And now my bedroll is going to smell like wet ashes. Well, unless Feena's or Marya's magic can fix that too.
Still: in the Boneyard, and not yet dead. Focus on the positive.

Coral makes sure to get into Damian's line of view and face him as she speaks. "Thank you, Damian."

"I think we should move on. Only reason I wanted to deal with the wasps is to see what might be in the next room. Marya or Feena, can you tell if there is anything magic in this room? I'll take a look at the next doors."

Figure a quick sweep with Detect Magic and move on. Coral will check the next door. As usual, a Take 10 (for 20) and a roll.

Perception for traps: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

While the halfling is examining the door, a thought comes to her. I'm in the Boneyard and not dead, but what about her?

"Lola, you said you had died twice. How... how did you come back? The skulls and all..."
She looks uncomfortable asking this.
"I don't think you're undead. You're not like Salcas. I'm just wondering how you came back before."

Coral's voice grows quieter.
"He was my friend. He was special. Blessed, they said, or angel-blooded. He trained to be a paladin. Something bad happened.
That thing, it still screams where we trapped it, in the vault under the hill. It uses his voice and it begs to be let out."


F Duskwalker Bard (Silver Baladeer) 3 | HP 20/20 | Defenses: AC 16, T 12, FF 14, CMD 16 | F:+2, R:+5, W:+5| Per: +7, SM: +5, Init: +2

Lola also looks sad at the destruction of all the books, but she comments, ”Escucha, I know we want to look through these books, but maybe later, after we finish the riddles and free the owner of the manor? They may end up in a bad way if we don’t hustle, si?” She’ll help dry some out while things are discussed. ”I can fix damage as well, but unless we need to search through the library, I think we should move on.” She’ll also look for a container or anything with keys in it and nods at Coral’s suggestion.


F Duskwalker Bard (Silver Baladeer) 3 | HP 20/20 | Defenses: AC 16, T 12, FF 14, CMD 16 | F:+2, R:+5, W:+5| Per: +7, SM: +5, Init: +2

”No, not undead. As I said, I would prefer to keep some of my tale to myself for now, sin ofender. But... and I have had to piece together some of this at school... in books about the planes. I am, how you’d say ‘tocado por la dimensión,’ like an aasimar or tiefling. Except in my case, it isn’t one of the outer planes that influenced me, but this one, the Boneyard. As you might expect from someone influenced by the psychopomps, I am actually quite resistant to the undead. We are like oil and water.” She clasps her hands together and then pulls them apart quickly, as if to demonstrate that they aren’t sympatico to each other.

”I am sorry, who is Salcas? Someone turned? Terrible fate, I think. I try to put spirits in such torment to rest - does not always work, but sometimes I can.” She smiles at Coral.


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 22/22 | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 40' | F +5 R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: Triple Time

"Yeah. Turned. Wight, ghoul, something like that. Angry and hungry.

He was a really good guy. He was kind."


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

I'm sorry, Coral." Damian's expression is kind, and sorrowful. "Losing those we care about - it's hard. I can imagine it must be even harder seeing part of them still there, but, ...not. I hope..." He leaves the sentence unfinished, eyes going unfocused for a little bit.

"The keys, yes, let's find them."

Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Two auras are detected among the numerous volumes of books and scrolls in the room. Hunting down the items that are effected, you a scroll of lesser restoration and a scroll of burning gaze.

A pair of doors to the south and a single door to the west that leads out to a balcony are both closed.


F Duskwalker Bard (Silver Baladeer) 3 | HP 20/20 | Defenses: AC 16, T 12, FF 14, CMD 16 | F:+2, R:+5, W:+5| Per: +7, SM: +5, Init: +2

Lola cocks her head, ”those can be the worst of the undead, an insatiable hunger courses through them constantly. Almost impossible to reason with.” She looks sad but says ”his spirit, his real spirit, has passed from the world. Take solace in that.”

Lola nods at their find, then points to the western door. ”As good a door as any, let’s keep moving.”


Channel 3/5, Bolstering Touch 6/6, Seize the Initiative 5/6
Spells Remaining:
See Sheet
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

"Lola's right. Doesn't make it much better when you're staring the person's walking corpse down, but it is what it is." Marya frowns as she realizes she didn't actually give her condolences. "Still, sorry. Maybe someday, if we live long enough, Iomedae will grant me enough power to bring him back, if that's what you want. Especially if you still have any of his body." Marya thinks about her old tabard in her backpack. "Don't get your hopes up, though."

Marya rests her back against the wall next to the door and opens it, taking care to watch for any surprises outside.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Sliding the door to the west open, you see a small 10' x 5' balcony that overlooks the western side of nine-eaves. You can see the greenhouse to your lower left, otherwise swirling grey mists envelopes all other areas outside of your vision.

With no other direction to travel in, you slide the doors to the south open and find a study. This study has several tall wingback chairs, a small writing desk, and a peculiar iron statue of nine bearded snails climbing a rocky waterfall. One sliding leads east, and a wide glass door opens onto a small semicircular balcony to the south.


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 22/22 | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 40' | F +5 R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: Triple Time

"Oh, I know where his body is. In the vault under the hill. Screaming.
I was the bait for that trap. I was so scared, but so angry at that thing.
Lots of us Lastwall kids wanted to grow up to be great heroes like the Knights of Ozem. I don't think we really understood just how terrifying it is to be a 'hero'. But that day... it was five weeks ago, I think. Well it drove home for me what terror is."

Coral shakes her head.
"If there is a way to bring him back, I will. Failing that, put his body to rest and kill the thing that wears it."

Coral searches the writing desk for keys, or a secret compartment holding keys.
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27


F Duskwalker Bard (Silver Baladeer) 3 | HP 20/20 | Defenses: AC 16, T 12, FF 14, CMD 16 | F:+2, R:+5, W:+5| Per: +7, SM: +5, Init: +2

Lola also joins in the hunt for items, and magic trinkets.

spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

A thorough search of the desk and room is conducted and unfortunately there are no keys found. Lola does come up a afaudy fire opal that she's sure is quite valuable.

Appraise DC20:
The opal is worth 350gp

Finding nothing additional here, the group moves to open the double doors to the east. where they find a cabinet with a large, shattered terrarium occupies the north wall of this room. The south wall has a spiral staircase leading upward with a thick purple curtain that obscures the space beneath the stairs.


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

"Oh, this is quite a large house. So many rooms... I'll try to keep track of where we searched already."

Saying that, Damian pulls out a sheet of parchment and begins sketching the plan of the house, making notes for each room.

Profession clerk?: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 22/22 | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 40' | F +5 R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: Triple Time

Appraise: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Coral's family are traders, so she has some knowledge of what things are worth, but the fire opal's value escapes her.

"Should we go up? Or back downstairs, and take the door leading to the foul-smelling room?
I'm also not sure what might be behind that curtain... do we have a way to pull it back safely from a distance?"

Coral is suitably paranoid after her adventures in the Boneyard...


Channel 3/5, Bolstering Touch 6/6, Seize the Initiative 5/6
Spells Remaining:
See Sheet
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Appraise (guidance): 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 + 1 = 20

Marya points her sword towards the stairs down. ”I’d say check below. Best to make sure nothing’s going to attack us from behind.”


female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +2, R +4, W +4 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Immolation Aura 3/3rnds | Spells: 1st 6/6

Feena was very disappointed with the amount of damage they left behind in the library without having found what they were actually looking for. At least they found those scrolls, they would come in handy sometime, but she still wept inside at the damage to the books and her inability to read any of them.Sadly the study turned up only a gemstone, though a fairly valuable one, and whatever was behind the curtain. "I agree with finishing downstairs but I think checking the curtain while we are here might be worthwhile as well."


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Curtain or downstairs?

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 33/33 [39/39 Rage] [DR/1] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Vlad, uncharacteristically quiet for a while, rouses as Feena mentions opening the curtain.

"I'll check it," he says. Moving toward the curtain, he pulls it open.


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 22/22 | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 40' | F +5 R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: Triple Time

Coral moves alongside Vlad, ready to use her new combat skills (the Bodyguard feat specifically).


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Whether or not the group suspected it, there is a big, bad, ugly monster sitting behind the curtain waiting to attack you as soon as the curtain is pulled back. A goat-sized insect stands on long, spindly legs with its mouthparts glistening with a curious fluid. Said fluid is ceremoniously spit towards you as soon as the curtain is pulled back.

Vlad, Lola and Damian all need to make a DC16 Reflex check to avoid the poison that is blasted towards you. If hit, take 1d4 ⇒ 1 dex damage as it burns away your muscles on your body!

R1: Baddie, Feena, Coral, Vlad, Lola, Damian, Marya

GM:

Damian: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6
Feena: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Marya: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2
Coral: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Vlad: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Marya reroll: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16
Lola: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Baddie: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19


Channel 3/5, Bolstering Touch 6/6, Seize the Initiative 5/6
Spells Remaining:
See Sheet
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Marya sighs. ”Guess it’s good we checked the curtain.” She immediately begins inspiring her comrades.

+2 sacred bonus on attack rolls, saving throws, and skill checks until her next turn


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

Reflex save: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 = 6

Damian makes a disgusted expression as the insect spits at them, then gasps in pain; part of the skin and muscle on his forearm is now blackened and withered.

He wastes no words on the creature, simply takes aim with his bow and lets loose.

Attack, PBS, inspiring sword: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 1 + 2 = 14 Damage, PBS: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 22/22 | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 40' | F +5 R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: Triple Time

Reflex, Shake it Off +2: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 2 = 12
More ability damage! Resting overnight will clear that up, and ability damage only matters in increments of 2... still annoying.

Coral sighs in exasperation and stabs the thing.
Attack, Inspiring Sword, PA: 1d20 + 6 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 2 - 1 = 21
Damage: 1d4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 2 = 7


F Duskwalker Bard (Silver Baladeer) 3 | HP 20/20 | Defenses: AC 16, T 12, FF 14, CMD 16 | F:+2, R:+5, W:+5| Per: +7, SM: +5, Init: +2

Lola, annoyed by the creature, attempts to brush off the poison.

reflex save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

knowledge to identify, add 5 if undead: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

She stomps her feet and claps her hands dramatically, and everyone feels inspired slightly. She then twirls her spear and approaches, behind Vlad.

Inspire courage, +1 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls, and a +1 morale bonus against charm and fear effects.

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 33/33 [39/39 Rage] [DR/1] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

"Gah!" Vlad exclaims as the acid eats at him. His jaw jutting, he lunges at the nasty bug, swinging his flail in a destructive arc.

reflex (shake it off): 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 + 2 = 14

Heavy Flail (power attack, inspiring sword): 1d20 + 6 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 2 - 1 = 201d10 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 3 = 16


F Duskwalker Bard (Silver Baladeer) 3 | HP 20/20 | Defenses: AC 16, T 12, FF 14, CMD 16 | F:+2, R:+5, W:+5| Per: +7, SM: +5, Init: +2

Vlad gets +1 Attack/damage too!


female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +2, R +4, W +4 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Immolation Aura 3/3rnds | Spells: 1st 6/6

Feena saw the strange bug thing...and screamed! She disliked bugs, especially bugs that crawled, that flew, that bit or stung...or looked like goats! The only reason she could handle the wasps earlier was because she knew they wouldn't reach her while wreathed in flames but this bug had no such problem so she backed away into the corner of the room and stared in wide eyed panic.

Yeah, that's me for this round, freaking out.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Lola:
Lola identifies creature as a giant assassin bug. An assassin bug is known for concealing itself before waiting for the next palatable creature to approach. When prey arrives, the insect bursts out of hiding and pierces its target with its elongated mouthparts, injecting a potent toxin. Once its prey is safely paralyzed, the assassin bug feeds by siphoning the victim’s fluids. Even if these bites don’t kill, they are extremely painful and cause swelling.

As it turns out, Feena could freak out and do nothing while the rest of the party handled the situation quite well. With Marya's inspired sword and Lola's inspirational stomping and clapping, the bug falls to the ground before it has a chance to sink its mandibles into anyone again.

Nice round! Out of combat already.


F Duskwalker Bard (Silver Baladeer) 3 | HP 20/20 | Defenses: AC 16, T 12, FF 14, CMD 16 | F:+2, R:+5, W:+5| Per: +7, SM: +5, Init: +2

”¡Repugnante! But we should count ourselves lucky that it wasn’t a... cockroach? Yes. That’s it. They’re all over the Boneyard, and they are much worse.” Lola detects magic in the bug’s nook and searches for any leftover treasure.

Perception, heightened awareness: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Nothing left on this floor, unless I’m mistaken?


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Three options forward from here. There is a locked door at the top of the other steps you came up. There is a set of steps here that go up to a third level. There is a smelly room at the bottom of the steps at the first level.

Lola searches the area the bug was hiding in but fides nothing useful other than a few spare chairs and linens.

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 33/33 [39/39 Rage] [DR/1] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

"Good job," Vlad tells the others. Looking at their options, he says "Let's try the other stairs up--something tells me what we're looking for is up there."


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 22/22 | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 40' | F +5 R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: Triple Time

"That was gross," says Coral simply, as she tries to wipe off the bug's bile. Insects don't bother her on a visceral level, but she would rather not suffer that sort of poison attack again.

"Okay, Vlad. I will back your decision."
Coral will go next to Vlad to search for traps and be ready to use Bodyguard.


Channel 3/5, Bolstering Touch 6/6, Seize the Initiative 5/6
Spells Remaining:
See Sheet
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Marya sighs and stretches. ”I’m still not feeling great about leaving that room downstairs unchecked, so I’d like it if we could get to as soon as possible. I’m fine with continuing on upstairs as long as we watch our backs.”


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

This landing at the top of the spiral staircase has sliding doors to the west, north, and east; unlike the other doors, the east door has a keyhole in it. The wall above the spiral stairs contains a large window hung with rich velvet drapes.

A small origami grasshopper sits on the floor of the landing.

If note is taken and opened:
“The new master has taken the old. He cannot be interrupted by the likes of you. No more warnings.”

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 33/33 [39/39 Rage] [DR/1] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Vlad stoops down and opens the origami grasshopper, revealing the note.

He reads it out loud with a scowl.

"Yeah, yeah. I don't want any more warnings! Just come fight us and get it over with--we need the old master and we're not leaving without him!"

Sorry for the slow posting--I'll probably remain slow through Monday.


F Duskwalker Bard (Silver Baladeer) 3 | HP 20/20 | Defenses: AC 16, T 12, FF 14, CMD 16 | F:+2, R:+5, W:+5| Per: +7, SM: +5, Init: +2

Lola peeks over Vlad's shoulder, "Si, it's all a lot of blather. Get on with it, pendejo!" she says to the air nearby.

She waves her spear at the air, and nods at Vlad.

Lola looks around, and listens carefully, detecting magic signatures.

perception, heightened awareness: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 2 = 19
spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Lola picks up no magic from this room however, she picks up two separate instances from the room to the north but fails to identify any of note about them.


Channel 3/5, Bolstering Touch 6/6, Seize the Initiative 5/6
Spells Remaining:
See Sheet
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

"Iomedae's Sculpted Ass, why do evil s$**s always have to be obsessed with drama and aesthetics."

Lola's scannning reminds Marya that she also prepared detect magic today, so she starts her own scan.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Even if she doesn't get identify anything of note, the presence of magic alone is enough to make that room a priority, and she advances to the door.


female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +2, R +4, W +4 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Immolation Aura 3/3rnds | Spells: 1st 6/6

It took Feena a minute or two to calm down after the quick fight with the giant insect thing and make herself squeeze past it to go up the stairs. Once she did she looked at the note in interest and then the door ahead. When she noticed the others casting spells to see the magic she followed suit to examine what there was to see.
spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Feena isn't able to make heads or tales out of the auras, still unable to focus due to that giant dead bug downstairs.

Marya slides open the door to the north and finds a room that has several armoires made of dark wood, racks with clothes hangers, and a dressmaker’s dummy. Sliding doors stand in the north and west walls.

She scans the dressing room with her magic and picks up on two moderate abjuration auras coming from this room, one from one of the armoires and the other from another origami grasshopper note on the floor.


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 22/22 | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 40' | F +5 R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: Triple Time

Coral watches as Vlad picks up the note in the landing.
"Trying to unnerve us. But drama and aesthetics do have their place," she says with a nod towards Lola.

As all of the spellcasters begin to Detect Magic, Coral is wary. She knows little of the arcane.

She walks into the dressing room with Marya.
"I'm relying on you and Lola and Feena and Damian to keep me safe here from the magic stuff. If you find a magic trap I can try to disable it, but those things are hard. Hard to find, and hard to thwart.
Something wrong with that armoire or that grasshopper note? Should we leave them alone?"

Coral will wait while the spellcasters continue studying the auras. She won't poke around until they are done.


F Duskwalker Bard (Silver Baladeer) 3 | HP 20/20 | Defenses: AC 16, T 12, FF 14, CMD 16 | F:+2, R:+5, W:+5| Per: +7, SM: +5, Init: +2

”Magic, yes. I cannot tell what type, but I’d check everything for traps anyway if I were you.” She nods. ”And don’t let it get to you. This cabrón is just trying to get a rise out of us. They may be trying to affect a creepy countenance, but come on, we’ve fought rotting dead. We’re not intimidated, right? Take it slowly, we’re here to back you up.” She smiles reassuringly at Coral, then pulls her mask down, readying her hands on her spear.

Lola is willing to inspire confidence if Coral would like it. One round of use would give Coral +2 to perception for 3 rounds.


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

Damian patiently trails after the others, relying on their keener senses to spot anything dangerous or interesting.

He nods at Lola's encouragement. "We are not, indeed. All this baiting and the trail of messages tells me that this 'new master' is perhaps not as powerful as they would want us to believe."


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 22/22 | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 40' | F +5 R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: Triple Time

"Not intimidated by the notes, no. Just a little unsure about dealing with magic. I'd appreciate any help you can give."

With Lola's encouragement, Coral steps into the room and relies on her instincts and training to locate traps.
Using the 10' Trap Spotter check, not actually touching anything.
Perception, Inspire: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 10 + 2 = 31


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Coral scans the room, specifically the two areas that Marya pointed out as magical. She finds no signs of traps on the armoire, but she recognizes the telltale signs of a magical trap on the oragami grasshopper.

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 33/33 [39/39 Rage] [DR/1] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Vlad sniffs at all the talk of magic and traps.

"Just point the way--I'll open anything you're worried about. More scars for my collection."


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 22/22 | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 40' | F +5 R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: Triple Time

"Vlad, that paper grasshopper is, or contains, a trap. Don't touch it. I do not think there is anything to be gained by doing so. And should it prove powerful enough to kill you, not just scar you, then you will not be able to serve the Inheritor.
Some magical traps are powerful enough to kill those who meddle with them. I have some skill at disabling such things, but with the grasshopper, it doesn't seem worth the risk."

Coral opens the armoire.


Channel 3/5, Bolstering Touch 6/6, Seize the Initiative 5/6
Spells Remaining:
See Sheet
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

"I'm not intimidated. More just annoyed. You have no idea how many of those devil-worshippers I fought in Cheliax thought they were characters in an opera."

She nods approvingly at Coral. "You've got a good head on your shoulders, Coral. Puts me a touch at ease knowing you're on the traps."

1,301 to 1,350 of 1,520 << first < prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM ShadowLord's Tyrant's Grasp - Group 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.