[PFS]7-18 Faithless and Forgotten, Part 3: The Infernal Inheritance by GM Upaynao

Game Master Upaynao

The Bloody Nail


151 to 200 of 256 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Scarab Sages

male Elf Occultist 5
Spoiler:
|AC 20, T 13, FF 17|HP: 30*/28*|F +4*, R +3, W +4 (+2 vs Necromancy/curses/TNLs)|Init +2, Perc +8|CMB +5 CMD 17|Deadspeaker 2/2, Ghostly Horde 0/1, Focus: 5 Gloaming Shroud, 0 Skull of Azrael, 3 Guidingstar
Lukaas Penn wrote:
I love it when a plan comes together...

"Well then, don't look now, because ours is falling apart!"

Nectanebo looks to Lukaas, then to Djorn, then to his sword, which begins to gleam with supernatural intensity.

I cast lead blades.

Sovereign Court

Male Tengu Ninja 4/Bloodrager 1 | HP: 38/38 | AC:20 | T: 13 | FF: 17 | CMD: 12 | Fort: +5 | Ref: +9 | Will: +3 | Init: +7 | Perc: +10 | Speed 40 ft. Ninja 4 (1/6 ki used) / Bloodrager 1 (3/5 rage) Destined Strike+1 (0/3) Stealth (+12) { invis}

Waki waits to see if Djorn drops the first guard. If not, Waki will attempt to finish him.

mw cold iron wakizashi, 2wf : 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 9 - 2 = 10 vs FFAC
Dmg, sneak : 3d6 + 2 ⇒ (3, 3, 2) + 2 = 10

+1 wakizashi, 2wf : 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 9 - 2 = 19 vs FFAC
Dmg, sneak : 3d6 + 2 ⇒ (4, 1, 4) + 2 = 11

The Exchange

My Game Tracker If using PFS Tracker, search Upaynao 43451 // My signup sheet

Initiative:

Waki: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Nectanebo: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Djorn: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Aiden: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Esh: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Lukaas: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Guard M, Purple: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Guard M, Red: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Guard M, Green: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Guard M, Pink: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Guard M, Orange: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Guard M, Blue: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Guard F, Red: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Guard F, Green: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Current Initiative wrote:

Round 1

M Orange
M Green 3 dmg
Waki
M Pink
F Red
Nectanebo
F Green
M Red
Lukaas
Esh
M Blue
Djorn
Aiden
M Purple

Just as an FYI Aiden, that was more of a Bluff check than a Diplomacy. Not that it matters at this point.

The guard frowns at Aiden's words. "Well fine, but she sh..." Suddenly, he registers a cry of pain. Pain caused by a mace to one of his fellow's jaw, followed by an Tian blade to the kidney. "GET THEM!" comes the cry from the barracks, as he turns around, incredulous.

Immediately one of the others, still in the hallway, doubles back towards the main doors to the jail.

His wounded companion steps into a position where he isn't threatened by two men, draws a potion and downs it.

CmW: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (6, 4) + 3 = 13

Esh, you have made it to the other side and made it to the closest door. It looks like it is closed, and perhaps locked. You aren't sure yet. But now there is a new "normal" that you will need to parse through.
Waki, on you. Most of the room is still vulnerable to your sneak attacks.

Sovereign Court

Male Tengu Ninja 4/Bloodrager 1 | HP: 38/38 | AC:20 | T: 13 | FF: 17 | CMD: 12 | Fort: +5 | Ref: +9 | Will: +3 | Init: +7 | Perc: +10 | Speed 40 ft. Ninja 4 (1/6 ki used) / Bloodrager 1 (3/5 rage) Destined Strike+1 (0/3) Stealth (+12) { invis}

Waki sees the man draw the potion and decides that will not work.

Banzai! as he steps forward in a blood rage.

mw cold iron wakizashi, 2W, Rage: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 11 - 2 + 2 = 17
for dmg,Rage: 1d6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 2 = 9
+1 psy wakizashi, 2W,Rage: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 11 - 2 + 2 = 29
for dmg,Rage: 1d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 2 = 5
Bite bite,Rage: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 2 = 22
for dmg,Rage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

confirm: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 11 - 2 + 2 = 29
for dmg,Rage: 1d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 2 = 8

Assuming sneak does not apply to green, otherwise add 2d6

The Exchange

My Game Tracker If using PFS Tracker, search Upaynao 43451 // My signup sheet
Current Initiative wrote:

Round 1

M Orange
Waki
M Pink
F Blue
Nectanebo
F Green
M Red
Lukaas
Esh
M Blue
Djorn
Aiden
M Purple

The Bloody Nail

Waki steps on up and neatly shanks the man in his other kidney, before quietly slitting his throat.

The guard standing next to Nectanebo draws both of his maces, before bringing one down on the half-elf.

Light mace: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 2 = 12
Damage: 1d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 2 = 5

The blow bounces off of the occultist's armor. His colleague takes upon herself to do much of the same, except to Djorn.

Light mace: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 2 = 22
Damage: 1d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 2 = 9

Her mace connects with the ranger's jaw, possibly cracking it.

Scarab Sages

male Elf Occultist 5
Spoiler:
|AC 20, T 13, FF 17|HP: 30*/28*|F +4*, R +3, W +4 (+2 vs Necromancy/curses/TNLs)|Init +2, Perc +8|CMB +5 CMD 17|Deadspeaker 2/2, Ghostly Horde 0/1, Focus: 5 Gloaming Shroud, 0 Skull of Azrael, 3 Guidingstar

Nectanebo gives his attacker a sly shake of his head.

"Standard infantryman's swing. How boring. Say, did they ever train you for situations like THIS...?"

Nectanebo throws open his coat, and from its dark and impossibly deep reaches pours a sudden FLOOD of twisted ghosts, dancing, screaming, and snapping their ethereal teeth as they storm about the center of the room, catching many of the guards inside, their flesh shriveling at the ghostly horde's touch!

Ghostly horde damage, DC 17 Fortitude save for half, vs all those poor suckers in the area: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 4) = 5

The Exchange

My Game Tracker If using PFS Tracker, search Upaynao 43451 // My signup sheet
Current Initiative wrote:

Round 1

M Orange
Waki
M Pink
F Blue 5 dmg
Nectanebo
F Green
M Red 2 dmg
Lukaas
Esh

M Blue
Djorn
Aiden
M Purple

The Bloody Nail

Fort (Blue F): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Fort (Red M): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

The male guard seems to take the sudden apparition of a ghostly horde far better than his female, or sleeping counterparts. With a hiss of pain, he calls out "CASTER" and steps on up to deal with the offending elf as his colleague rushes on in to deal with Djorn.

Mace (Green F): 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 2 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 2 = 5
Mace (Red M): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Thankfully, rushing in is not the best offensive tactic; and Djorn manages to deflect the mace aimed at his head. Nectanebo, however, is less lucky.

The Exchange

Ganzi Blade of Chaos 5 | ER: Acid 5, Electricity 5, Sonic 5 | HP: 53/53 | AC: 18 | T: 13 | FF: 15 | CMD: 15 | Fort: +5 | Ref: +10 | Will: +10 (+2 vs polymorph spells) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5 | Sense Motive: +7 | Speed: 30 ft.
Tracked Resources:
Spells: 0 - 6 ; 1 - 2/4 ; 2 - 1/2 ; Tricks: 5/6 ; Panache: 4/5 ; Quibble: 1/1 ; Touch Treatments: 7/7

Well, I just realized Aiden has the key to the office...

Esh tries to open the door.

If it opens:

Esh walks in and closes the door behind him.

If it doesn't open:

Esh moves towards Aiden and Lukaas to help them fight.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Bard (4) HP 31/31;AC 16 FF14 Tch 12;Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +3; Init+2;Per+7 , SM +5 Perform 12/12

You know, I do have a small spell that could help us here.. Worth trying.

Lukass hums a few notes, and his hand caress the lock

Cast open /Close

The Exchange

My Game Tracker If using PFS Tracker, search Upaynao 43451 // My signup sheet
Current Initiative wrote:

Round 1

M Orange
Waki
M Pink
F Blue 5 dmg
Nectanebo
F Green
M Red 2 dmg
Lukaas
Esh
M Blue
Djorn
Aiden

M Purple

The Bloody Nail

Lukaas' spell makes short work of the closed door, opening just enough for Esh to walk on in and subsequently close the door. Inside, the sour stink of unwashed bodies permeates the narrow corridor, illuminated only by violet prisms set into sconces on the inner corners. Iron bars isolate the hall's outer perimeter, where the walls are lined with manacles set into the cold stone. Dozens of filthy prisoners lie behind these bars, each one bearing a a sign around their neck indicating their identification number, their crime, and a red "X" next to the word "interrogation". Below, in smaller script, a release date. Two sets of iron double doors lead deeper into the building.

With a growl, Merkal sets upon knocking down the occultist.

Mace (Blue M): 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 2 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

His blow bounces off Nectanebo's armor.

Grand Lodge

Male Human M Human Ranger(Guide)3/Fighter 1 [HP 35/44, AC 20/22 /ff 16/18 /t 14, Fort +8, Ref +8, Will +1, Init +4, Per +8, Spd 30'

Djorn isn't exactly pleased with how this is going. They're outnumbered, though not quite 2 to 1 and Nectanebo is surrounded. He can't really get anywhere that he can help his fellow Pathfinder but perhaps he can open up a path for Waki.

Attacking Blue.

+1 Warhammer: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

+1 Bashing Spiked Shield: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Damage plus Alchemist's fire: 1d8 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 2 + (6) = 10

To make matters worse, he's having a hard time connecting with anything.

Dark Archive

Male Human Bounty Hunter Slayer 4 / Rake URogue 1 (HP: 47/47 | AC: 15/11/14 | F+7 R+8 W+5 | Init +1 | Percep +8 SM +7)

"S+&$." He glances at Lukaas. "Get in there and help him."

Aiden rushes down the hallway, charging the guard. He draws his knives as he goes. Just as he gets to the man, he slides kicking up dust into his face.

Charge with Kitsune Style. Dirty Trick to blind him.

Dirty Trick (charge): 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 10 + 2 = 31

The Exchange

My Game Tracker If using PFS Tracker, search Upaynao 43451 // My signup sheet
Current Initiative wrote:

Round 2

Waki
M Pink
F Blue 5 dmg
Nectanebo
F Green
M Red 2 dmg
Lukaas
Esh
M Blue
Djorn
Aiden
M Purple - Blind

The Bloody Nail

Aiden, rushing down the hall, manages to kick up enough dust to blind the man, who swings wildly as he draws both his maces.

M Purple vs Aiden: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 2 = 14
Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 13
Damage: 1d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 2 = 8

The swing behaves as wild swings will; and misses completely. But by the heavy doors to the Bloody Nail, the guard there opens the door and rushes out, shouting: "ALARM! ALARM!"

Sovereign Court

Male Tengu Ninja 4/Bloodrager 1 | HP: 38/38 | AC:20 | T: 13 | FF: 17 | CMD: 12 | Fort: +5 | Ref: +9 | Will: +3 | Init: +7 | Perc: +10 | Speed 40 ft. Ninja 4 (1/6 ki used) / Bloodrager 1 (3/5 rage) Destined Strike+1 (0/3) Stealth (+12) { invis}

Waki sighs as the alarm is signaled.

”Clear the path we must. “ as he steps forward and slashes at blue circle guard

mw cold iron wakizashi, 2W, Rage: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 11 - 2 + 2 = 26
for dmg,Rage: 1d6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 2 = 8

+1 psy wakizashi, 2W,Rage: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 11 - 2 + 2 = 15
for dmg,Rage: 1d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 2 = 6

Bite bite,Rage: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 2 = 11
for dmg,Rage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

on phone so could not update map.

The Exchange

My Game Tracker If using PFS Tracker, search Upaynao 43451 // My signup sheet
Current Initiative wrote:

Round 2

Waki
M Pink
F Blue 13 dmg
Nectanebo
F Green
M Red 2 dmg
Lukaas
Esh
M Blue
Djorn
Aiden
M Purple - Blind

The Bloody Nail

With a quick jab, Waki is able to strike his opponent once, viciously. As she goes for an answering blow, her companion takes advantage of the flank he has on Nectanebo.

M Pink vs Nectanebo #1: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 2 = 12
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
M Pink vs Nectanebo #2: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 2 = 8
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
F Blue vs Waki: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

But, as none of them behave as a training dummy would, their blows land on hardened armor, or brass the air around their opponents.

Scarab Sages

male Elf Occultist 5
Spoiler:
|AC 20, T 13, FF 17|HP: 30*/28*|F +4*, R +3, W +4 (+2 vs Necromancy/curses/TNLs)|Init +2, Perc +8|CMB +5 CMD 17|Deadspeaker 2/2, Ghostly Horde 0/1, Focus: 5 Gloaming Shroud, 0 Skull of Azrael, 3 Guidingstar

The ghostly horde continues to swirl about...

Spending 1 Focus to sustain Ghostly Horde as previous round, DC 17 Fortitude save for half: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 3) = 4

...and Nectanebo swings his extraordinary sword!

Guidingstar, lead blades vs Red Menace: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

The Exchange

My Game Tracker If using PFS Tracker, search Upaynao 43451 // My signup sheet
Current Initiative wrote:

Round 2

Waki
M Pink
F Blue 17 dmg
Nectanebo
F Green
M Red 4 dmg
Lukaas
Esh

M Blue
Djorn
Aiden
M Purple - Blind

The Bloody Nail

Fortitude, Red M: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Fortitude, Blue F: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Nectanebo's blade is easily parried as the ghostly horde continues to shred flesh and bone.

Green, F vs Djorn #1: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 2 = 17
Damage: 1d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 2 = 8
Green, F vs Djorn #2: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 2 = 7
Damage: 1d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 2 = 5
Red, M vs Nectanebo #1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Red, M vs Nectanebo #2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

As the fight continues, the Pathfinders perform admirably enough; with only a lucky blow striking Nectanebo.

The Exchange

Ganzi Blade of Chaos 5 | ER: Acid 5, Electricity 5, Sonic 5 | HP: 53/53 | AC: 18 | T: 13 | FF: 15 | CMD: 15 | Fort: +5 | Ref: +10 | Will: +10 (+2 vs polymorph spells) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5 | Sense Motive: +7 | Speed: 30 ft.
Tracked Resources:
Spells: 0 - 6 ; 1 - 2/4 ; 2 - 1/2 ; Tricks: 5/6 ; Panache: 4/5 ; Quibble: 1/1 ; Touch Treatments: 7/7

I was waiting to see what Lukaas was doing.

Esh, hearing the shout of alarm, understands that the whole plan has failed. He opens the door and goes hastily towards his companions.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Bard (4) HP 31/31;AC 16 FF14 Tch 12;Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +3; Init+2;Per+7 , SM +5 Perform 12/12

Lukaas moves quickly toward the fight, dancing with grace around the lone guard at mid run

Acrobatics (use Perform-Dance): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

double move

The Exchange

My Game Tracker If using PFS Tracker, search Upaynao 43451 // My signup sheet
Current Initiative wrote:

Round 2

Waki
M Pink
F Blue 17 dmg
Nectanebo
F Green
M Red 4 dmg
Lukaas
Esh
M Blue
Djorn
Aiden

M Purple - Blind

The Bloody Nail

As help races towards them, Nectanebo's opponent try and make the best of the time left to them.

Blue, M vs Nectanebo #1: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 2 = 18
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Red, M vs Nectanebo #2: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 4 + 2 = 24
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

One of the mace blows manages to find a weakness in the occultist's defense, and the blow rings the elf's armor like a gong.

Grand Lodge

Male Human M Human Ranger(Guide)3/Fighter 1 [HP 35/44, AC 20/22 /ff 16/18 /t 14, Fort +8, Ref +8, Will +1, Init +4, Per +8, Spd 30'

There isn't a lot of strategy to be found in this situation. The quarters are too tight and the opponents are too many. The only tactical choice is to be the one who dishes out more damage than the other guy can take.

Of course, at this point, Djorn would be happy to deal out ANY damage. He attacks the blue one, again.

+1 Silvered Warhammer: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Blunt Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

+1 Bashing Spiked Shield Spikes: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Piercing plus Fire: 1d8 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + 2 + (6) = 16

Well...he's getting closer but probably not close enough.

Dark Archive

Male Human Bounty Hunter Slayer 4 / Rake URogue 1 (HP: 47/47 | AC: 15/11/14 | F+7 R+8 W+5 | Init +1 | Percep +8 SM +7)

Aiden smiles grimly as he sees the man flail blindly. The Chelaxian cuts at him swiftly with both of his knives, spilling blood everywhere.

Studied Target as an immediate action. Attack is vs. a blinded (-2 to AC, lose Dex bonus to AC)

Attack (TWF, ST): 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 7 + 1 = 21
Damage (ST, SA): 1d4 + 5 + 1 + 2d6 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 1 + (6, 4) = 19

Attack (TWF, ST): 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 1 = 17
Damage (ST, SA): 1d4 + 2 + 1 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 + (1, 1) = 6

The Exchange

My Game Tracker If using PFS Tracker, search Upaynao 43451 // My signup sheet
Current Initiative wrote:

Round 3

Waki
M Pink
Nectanebo
F Green
M Red 4 dmg
Lukaas
Esh
M Blue
Djorn
Aiden
M Purple - 25 dmg - Blind

The Bloody Nail

While only Djorn's shield blow manages to spear through the armor, both of Aiden's blows find their target. But while Aiden severely injures his foe, Djorn ends his.

Purple, M vs Nectanebo #1: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 2 = 9
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Purple, M vs Nectanebo #2: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 2 = 9
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

In response, Aiden's opponent flails about wildly.

Sovereign Court

Male Tengu Ninja 4/Bloodrager 1 | HP: 38/38 | AC:20 | T: 13 | FF: 17 | CMD: 12 | Fort: +5 | Ref: +9 | Will: +3 | Init: +7 | Perc: +10 | Speed 40 ft. Ninja 4 (1/6 ki used) / Bloodrager 1 (3/5 rage) Destined Strike+1 (0/3) Stealth (+12) { invis}

Not sure if Waki can 5' step or if the area/chair is considered difficult terrain...will post for both

For the doorway, make Master Nec!

Waki, with blades flashing, steps into the area of ghosts and attempts to skewer one of the guards harrassing Nectanebo.

mw cold iron wakizashi, 2W, Rage, flank: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 11 - 2 + 2 + 2 = 32
for dmg,Rage: 1d6 + 1 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 2 + (4, 6) = 17
crit?: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 11 - 2 + 2 + 2 = 18
for dmg,Rage: 1d6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 2 = 7

full attack?:

+1 psy wakizashi, 2W,Rage,flank: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 11 - 2 + 2 + 1 = 20
for dmg,Rage: 1d6 + 2 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 2 + (3, 4) = 17
Bite bite,Rage: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 2 + 2 = 20
for dmg,Rage: 1d3 + 2d6 ⇒ (2) + (4, 2) = 8

The Exchange

Ganzi Blade of Chaos 5 | ER: Acid 5, Electricity 5, Sonic 5 | HP: 53/53 | AC: 18 | T: 13 | FF: 15 | CMD: 15 | Fort: +5 | Ref: +10 | Will: +10 (+2 vs polymorph spells) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5 | Sense Motive: +7 | Speed: 30 ft.
Tracked Resources:
Spells: 0 - 6 ; 1 - 2/4 ; 2 - 1/2 ; Tricks: 5/6 ; Panache: 4/5 ; Quibble: 1/1 ; Touch Treatments: 7/7

Esh moves quickly, taking advantage of his invisibility!

Two is enough. I fear not for them. I fear for the others.

Double move. I'm posting ahead since my action won't have many effect on the action here :)

The Exchange

My Game Tracker If using PFS Tracker, search Upaynao 43451 // My signup sheet
Current Initiative wrote:

Round 3

Waki
M Pink
Nectanebo
Lukaas

Esh
M Blue
Djorn
Aiden
M Purple - 25 dmg - Blind

The Bloody Nail

No move action needed.

Waki, sensing Nectanebo's distress, moves on in besides his companion's foe and slides the blade across the man's neck. The man gurgles and drops to the ground, while the second blade finds Djorn's opponent's kidney and his beak finds the woman's eye. She staggers back, swaying.

Found a typo, purple is attacking Aiden, not Nectanebo.

Pink, M vs Nectanebo #1: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 2 + 2 = 11
Damage: 1d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 2 = 5
Purple, M vs Nectanebo #2: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 2 + 2 = 15
Damage: 1d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 2 = 8

While the bird is indeed dangerous, the guard goes after a target he is more familiar with. However, the intruder's ruthless efficiency does weigh on his mind, and both strikes end up missing.

The woman facing Djorn screeches like a banshee, and attempts to land one last blow on her opponent.

Green, F vs Djorn: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 2 + 2 = 18
Damage: 1d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 2 = 10

Her blow bounces off his armor and she collapses, unconscious and bleeding out.

Scarab Sages

male Elf Occultist 5
Spoiler:
|AC 20, T 13, FF 17|HP: 30*/28*|F +4*, R +3, W +4 (+2 vs Necromancy/curses/TNLs)|Init +2, Perc +8|CMB +5 CMD 17|Deadspeaker 2/2, Ghostly Horde 0/1, Focus: 5 Gloaming Shroud, 0 Skull of Azrael, 3 Guidingstar

The ghostly horde shrivels and swirls back into the cryptic recesses of Nectanebo's Gloaming Shroud as Nectanebo himself acknowledges the arrival of the cavalry with an incongruously nonchalant smile-and-nod of welcome before stepping toward Waki and swinging at one of his remaining assailants with a single impressive swirling motion.

Guidingstar, lead blades vs Pinkie the Brainless: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23 Dern'it, so close....
damage: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (8, 1) + 4 = 13

Grand Lodge

Male Human Bard (4) HP 31/31;AC 16 FF14 Tch 12;Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +3; Init+2;Per+7 , SM +5 Perform 12/12

Lukaas tries to help Aiden with the guard, but his fencing lessons are long done

Msw rapier: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Dmg: 1d6 ⇒ 6

The Exchange

My Game Tracker If using PFS Tracker, search Upaynao 43451 // My signup sheet
Current Initiative wrote:

Round 3

M Pink - 13 dmg
Nectanebo
Lukaas
Esh
M Blue
Djorn
Aiden

Round 4

Waki

The Bloody Nail

Nectanebo narrowly misses slicing into his opponent's artery while Lukaas slides his rapier inside the blind man's body, ending him as a threat.

One of the few remaining guards makes a mad dash for the barracks proper, to bring in some reinforcements.

Sovereign Court

Male Tengu Ninja 4/Bloodrager 1 | HP: 38/38 | AC:20 | T: 13 | FF: 17 | CMD: 12 | Fort: +5 | Ref: +9 | Will: +3 | Init: +7 | Perc: +10 | Speed 40 ft. Ninja 4 (1/6 ki used) / Bloodrager 1 (3/5 rage) Destined Strike+1 (0/3) Stealth (+12) { invis}

Feeling his burst of rage departing soon, Waki makes for the door and hallway.

Back to hallway, regroup we should. he lets his rage lapse, expending a point of ki to become invisible for a handful of moments.

Invisible 4 rounds, fatigued 3 rounds, and into hallway

Grand Lodge

Male Human M Human Ranger(Guide)3/Fighter 1 [HP 35/44, AC 20/22 /ff 16/18 /t 14, Fort +8, Ref +8, Will +1, Init +4, Per +8, Spd 30'

Djorn follows the fleeing man...up to a point. Then, in a flash, his hammer and shield are once again hanging from their respective loops and buckles and a javelin and small axe are in his hands. But only for a moment. With almost the same motion that draws them from their quiver he sends them at the fleeing man.

Javelin: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Piercing: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Throwing Axe minus Range: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 7 - 2 = 13
Slashing: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Dark Archive

Male Human Bounty Hunter Slayer 4 / Rake URogue 1 (HP: 47/47 | AC: 15/11/14 | F+7 R+8 W+5 | Init +1 | Percep +8 SM +7)

Aiden rushes to the front door, hoping to bar it from the inside.

He's looking for a way to lock the door or even better, lower a beam across it to keep people out.

The Exchange

My Game Tracker If using PFS Tracker, search Upaynao 43451 // My signup sheet
Current Initiative wrote:

Round 4

M Pink - 13 dmg
Nectanebo
Lukaas
Esh

M Blue
Djorn
Aiden

Round 5

Waki [i]- Fatigued (end round 8)[/b]

The Bloody Nail

The axe and javelin thud into the woodwork, barely missing their target as Aiden rushes to the inner door and bars it from the inside with a thick, iron-banded wood bar. "GET THEM UP WALLACE!" cries the last fighting guard as he attempts to end Nectanebo.

Pink, M vs Nectanebo #1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Damage: 1d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 2 = 9
Pink, M vs Nectanebo #2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 2 = 8

Only one blow comes close to the occultist, and it is easily absorbed by the elf's armor.

Scarab Sages

male Elf Occultist 5
Spoiler:
|AC 20, T 13, FF 17|HP: 30*/28*|F +4*, R +3, W +4 (+2 vs Necromancy/curses/TNLs)|Init +2, Perc +8|CMB +5 CMD 17|Deadspeaker 2/2, Ghostly Horde 0/1, Focus: 5 Gloaming Shroud, 0 Skull of Azrael, 3 Guidingstar

"Well that was hardly any good, was it? Time for your final lesson, sirrah...."

Guidingstar, lead blades, flank: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
damage: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (2, 6) + 4 = 12

The Exchange

Ganzi Blade of Chaos 5 | ER: Acid 5, Electricity 5, Sonic 5 | HP: 53/53 | AC: 18 | T: 13 | FF: 15 | CMD: 15 | Fort: +5 | Ref: +10 | Will: +10 (+2 vs polymorph spells) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5 | Sense Motive: +7 | Speed: 30 ft.
Tracked Resources:
Spells: 0 - 6 ; 1 - 2/4 ; 2 - 1/2 ; Tricks: 5/6 ; Panache: 4/5 ; Quibble: 1/1 ; Touch Treatments: 7/7

Huh! My post seems to have vanished!

Esh quickly and invisbly moves in the pinkish hellknight's back.
Why do they have different colors? Is that a way to differentiate themselves?

He strikes with his rapier, after staring hypnotically at him.

+1 Rapier (vs FFAC), flank: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 9 + 2 = 17
for Piercing: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
and Pain: 1d6 ⇒ 4

And he has –2 penalty on Will saving throws.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Bard (4) HP 31/31;AC 16 FF14 Tch 12;Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +3; Init+2;Per+7 , SM +5 Perform 12/12

Lukaas follows Esch, but cant' move inside the room.

But as he isn't much a fighter, that won't make much a difference

Double move

The Exchange

My Game Tracker If using PFS Tracker, search Upaynao 43451 // My signup sheet
Current Initiative wrote:

Round 4

Nectanebo
Lukaas
Esh
M Blue
Djorn
Aiden

M Brown Dmg - Prone, Unarmed
F Purple Dmg - Prone, Unarmed
F Red Dmg - Prone, Unarmed

Round 5

Waki [i]- Fatigued (end round 8)[/b]

The Bloody Nail

Between Nectanebo and Esh, the last fighting guard never had a chance. The last guard on the other hand...

"ALARM!" he shouts into the room to his barely sleeping companions as he steps on in.

I'll dispense with the perception check since they are more than capable of making a DC 0 Perception check. They are wearing studded leatehr, thus they can (and would) sleep in their armor. Sorry this is turning into a slugfest, but I have a plan to make the rest of this (after the fight) go by faster, if you'll allow me certain tricks.

Dark Archive

Male Human Bounty Hunter Slayer 4 / Rake URogue 1 (HP: 47/47 | AC: 15/11/14 | F+7 R+8 W+5 | Init +1 | Percep +8 SM +7)

Pink is dead, right?

Seeing the door is secure, Aiden moves to help the others. He pulls out a wand as he goes, trying to activate it.

UMD, Shield: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
AC becomes 19

Grand Lodge

Male Human M Human Ranger(Guide)3/Fighter 1 [HP 35/44, AC 20/22 /ff 16/18 /t 14, Fort +8, Ref +8, Will +1, Init +4, Per +8, Spd 30'

Djorn's curses get louder, more creative and more extensive as both his missiles go sailing pointlessly past his target. As he rushes along in their wake, he gives them an accusatory glare.

Still, you don't survive by lamenting what went wrong, you survive by adjusting to it. He moves to the doorway, both to block it and so that he can get a blow in at the confounded guard.

+1 Silvered Warhammer: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

The Exchange

My Game Tracker If using PFS Tracker, search Upaynao 43451 // My signup sheet
Current Initiative wrote:

Round 4

Nectanebo
Lukaas
Esh

M Blue - 10 Dmg
Djorn
Aiden
M Brown Dmg -
F Purple Dmg -
F Red Dmg -

Round 5

Waki [i]- Fatigued (end round 8)[/b]

The Bloody Nail

As the remaining guards awaken to see their fellow take a silver hammerhead to the back of the head, they rise, drawing both weapons as they skid out of bed. "FALL BACK" yells the other male guard as he motions for his two fellows to move up on either side of the doorway.

It never dawned on me how awesome quickdraw is until now, in the twilight of this edition. Oh well. Heroes back up! Pink is either bleeding out or dead. It doesn't matter from a brass tacks level.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Bard (4) HP 31/31;AC 16 FF14 Tch 12;Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +3; Init+2;Per+7 , SM +5 Perform 12/12

Who's hurt here?

Lukaas is ready to cast an healing spell if needed

Scarab Sages

male Elf Occultist 5
Spoiler:
|AC 20, T 13, FF 17|HP: 30*/28*|F +4*, R +3, W +4 (+2 vs Necromancy/curses/TNLs)|Init +2, Perc +8|CMB +5 CMD 17|Deadspeaker 2/2, Ghostly Horde 0/1, Focus: 5 Gloaming Shroud, 0 Skull of Azrael, 3 Guidingstar

Nectanebo heads off to pursue the remaining guards with Djorn, but before he does so, he looks down at one of the slain guards.

"You. With me," He states in a commanding voice as his coat billows despite the conspicuous lack of wind...and sure enough, one of the fallen staggers upright, armor and weapon too disheveled and thrashed to be of much use any longer, and follows Nectanebo to battle....

1 Focus spent from the Gloaming Shroud to raise a Necromantic Servant. She has 11 hit points, a BAB of +3, and a bonus +2 to damage rolls.

The Exchange

Ganzi Blade of Chaos 5 | ER: Acid 5, Electricity 5, Sonic 5 | HP: 53/53 | AC: 18 | T: 13 | FF: 15 | CMD: 15 | Fort: +5 | Ref: +10 | Will: +10 (+2 vs polymorph spells) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5 | Sense Motive: +7 | Speed: 30 ft.
Tracked Resources:
Spells: 0 - 6 ; 1 - 2/4 ; 2 - 1/2 ; Tricks: 5/6 ; Panache: 4/5 ; Quibble: 1/1 ; Touch Treatments: 7/7

Esh follows up on Djorn and unleashes a blistering invective on his enemies.

"Filthy peasants! Follower of a false ideal! LAW SUCKS! CHAOS RULE!" he shouts, his fingery hair standing on his head.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

Fire?: 1d10 ⇒ 2

Blistering invective, if they are demoralized, they catch on fire, ref DC 16 to halve the damage.

The Exchange

My Game Tracker If using PFS Tracker, search Upaynao 43451 // My signup sheet
Current Initiative wrote:

Round 4

Nectanebo
Lukaas
Esh
M Blue - 12 Dmg, Shaken
Djorn
Aiden

M Brown 2 Dmg - Shaken, On fire
F Purple 2 Dmg - Shaken
F Red 2 Dmg - Shaken, On fire

Round 5

Waki [i]- Fatigued (end round 8)[/b]

The Bloody Nail

Reflex, Blue M: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 6 - 2 = 22
Reflex, Brown M: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 6 - 2 = 10
Reflex, Purple F: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 6 - 2 = 17
Reflex, Red F: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 6 - 2 = 13

Upon hearing Esh's words, a couple of the guards burst into flames. As if that wasn't enough, they can only watch with horror as one of their own rises from beyond the grave to do them harm.

"I'll kill you for that" dubiously promises the guard in the forefront as he swings at Djorn.

Mace to the face?: 1d20 + 4 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 2 - 2 = 13
Mace to the face? (part deux): 1d20 + 4 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 4 + 2 - 2 = 19

Both blows get deflected by the man's ease with his weapons as the guard steps back.

Grand Lodge

Male Human M Human Ranger(Guide)3/Fighter 1 [HP 35/44, AC 20/22 /ff 16/18 /t 14, Fort +8, Ref +8, Will +1, Init +4, Per +8, Spd 30'

"Sure you will," Djorn answers, deflecting one blow with his shield and nimbly dodging back from the other. He keeps the motion going, stepping back another few feet since he's not dumb enough to step into the meat grinder they've set up at the entrance to the room.

Almost as though by magic, his shield and hammer are back in their straps and with the same motions he draws a javelin and dart. He puts his whole body into throwing them both at the same time, bending sharply at the waist and flinging his arms forward with the force.

Aiming at Red. He shouldn't have too much cover.

Javelin: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Piercing: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Dart: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Piercing: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Sovereign Court

Male Tengu Ninja 4/Bloodrager 1 | HP: 38/38 | AC:20 | T: 13 | FF: 17 | CMD: 12 | Fort: +5 | Ref: +9 | Will: +3 | Init: +7 | Perc: +10 | Speed 40 ft. Ninja 4 (1/6 ki used) / Bloodrager 1 (3/5 rage) Destined Strike+1 (0/3) Stealth (+12) { invis}

Not sure if Waki is supposed to be posting yet or if this is round 4, 5 or 6, so just fit it in where it goes. He is not directly interacting with the guards.

Waki, still breathing heavily, but invisible, slinks towards the front doors to ensure no reinforcements arrive unexpectedly.

Dark Archive

Male Human Bounty Hunter Slayer 4 / Rake URogue 1 (HP: 47/47 | AC: 15/11/14 | F+7 R+8 W+5 | Init +1 | Percep +8 SM +7)

Aiden calmly steps in front of Nectanebo, nodding to the mage as he passes. He twirls one of his knives, preparing for the soldiers to rush out of the room.

Readied Action:

Studied Target

[ooc]AC is 19 from Shield[ooc]

The Exchange

My Game Tracker If using PFS Tracker, search Upaynao 43451 // My signup sheet
Current Initiative wrote:

Round 6

Waki - Fatigued (end round 8)
Nectanebo
Lukaas
Esh

M Blue - 12 Dmg, Shaken
Djorn
Aiden
M Brown 2 Dmg - Shaken, Prone - Readied Action
F Purple 2 Dmg - Shaken
F Red 7 Dmg - Shaken, Prone - Readied Action

The Bloody Nail

Sorry about that Waki, changed the initiative to reflect the current round.

Waki slinks towards the main doors while his companions deal with the burnt (or burning) guards. Who are straight out of ideas as to how to deal with these intruders who are now setting them on fire. One of them moves behind her prone companion as she stows away her weapons and unslings her crossbow.

Brown Reflex, Prone: 1d20 + 6 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 4 - 2 = 20
Red Reflex, Prone: 1d20 + 6 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 4 - 2 = 20

Fortunately, Desna smiles upon them and they manage to extinguish the fire they are enveloped in.

Sovereign Court

Male Tengu Ninja 4/Bloodrager 1 | HP: 38/38 | AC:20 | T: 13 | FF: 17 | CMD: 12 | Fort: +5 | Ref: +9 | Will: +3 | Init: +7 | Perc: +10 | Speed 40 ft. Ninja 4 (1/6 ki used) / Bloodrager 1 (3/5 rage) Destined Strike+1 (0/3) Stealth (+12) { invis}

Waki continues to recover his fatigue at the doorway, ready to stop any reinforcements.

151 to 200 of 256 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS]7-18 Faithless and Forgotten, Part 3: The Infernal Inheritance by GM Upaynao All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.