GM Lorenzo's #8-99D: The Solstice Scar, Version D (Subtier 5-6) - OUTPOST II (Inactive)

Game Master Lawrence Smith 2

Maps, Handouts, and More!


451 to 485 of 485 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

LN Nagaji Brawler 6

Eshimka isn't down... the name of the condition and the description of what happened do not mesh =)

Think my listed hp might be off slightly... 575 had 5 damage going in (though in retrospect, I think that would be impossible with life link =) Though immaterial as it would either be on me, or Jux) He took 16 from the fire breath, and another 3 from the negative energy... so had 24 damage total... we're on round 3, so Juxian would have siphoned 15 of that via Life Link... so the nagaji should be sitting at 9 total damage

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Oracle 5.2 (Pei-zin Practitioner) | HP 53/53 | AC 10 T 10 FF 10 | CMB +2, , CMD 12 | F: +8, R: +2, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Perc: -2, SM: -2 | Speed 20ft | Lay on Hands 5/6 | Spells: Oracle 1st 8/8 Oracle 2nd 5/5| Active conditions:

Tracking HP in PbP with all these saving throws and healing and life linking is fun, isn't?

Dark Archive

Female N Ratfolk Tinkerer 5, Init 6, HP 35/35, Speed 30 AC 27, Touch 18, FF 20 CMD 17, Fort 3, Ref 13, Will 8

Life oracles are truly Dual-Cursed oracles.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Aasimar (Angel-blooded) Bloodrager 1 / Paladin 4 / Scar Seeker 1 | AC: 23 (T 12 / FF 22) CMD: 22 | F: +16 R: +7 W: +10 (Resist Acid / Cold / Electricity 5, Immune Fear & Disease) | HP: 64 / 70 | Bloodrage 3/6, Hellfire 1/3, Smite Evil 0/2, Lay on Hands 6/7, Scar 2/4 | Active conditions: Shield, Bear's Endurance, Scar

“Metresiniz sizi koruyamaz, köpek. Kötülüğü saltanatı ŞİMDİ biter!“

Infernal :
Your mistress cannot protect you, dog. Her reign of Evil ends NOW!

Attack, PA /FF, bless, Smite, flanking : 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 10 + 1 + 3 + 2 = 24
damage, smite: 2d6 + 13 + 4 ⇒ (2, 1) + 13 + 4 = 20

As he connects, the drake flies by to inflict a tearing gouge upon their shared enemy.

Allied Offensive/: 2d8 ⇒ (4, 2) = 6

_________
Sorry, I keep forgetting that will save:

Will save: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

As the dark energy washes over him, he glances back to make sure Juxian and Corona too of course, are doing okay.

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne

Nearby, Eshimka struggles to maintain her power, fighting for her survival against the Pathfinders and their Twinhorn allies.

Flanking with Zarnel, 575 delivers a beating upon the umbral hound blinded by Corona. The horse-sized evil wolf-thing lies in a bloody pulp at the nagaji's feet.

Zarnel curb stomps the unconscious umbral hound, and the drake Zurhriga snatches up the carcass in his powerful talons, tearing its flesh and dropping chunks of it atop Eshimka.

Victory! Special success reported to the Overseer GM.)
(You have 2 rounds to heal or otherwise prepare yourselves.)

Straggling remnants of Eshimka's undead army heed her call. To reach their mistress, they'll have to go through you...

The Wounded
Corona (-3)
Chou wei (-1)
575 (-9)
Zarnel (-13)
Juxian (-7)

(Don't forget, your Blessing of Vildeis has been recharged, so each PC has one opportunity to use it.)

Dark Archive

Female N Ratfolk Tinkerer 5, Init 6, HP 35/35, Speed 30 AC 27, Touch 18, FF 20 CMD 17, Fort 3, Ref 13, Will 8

Chou wastes not even a moment as she rushes over to Juxian, drawing her wand as she goes. He gives him a quick tap, then stows it, ready for the next wave.

Move/Draw, Cast/Stow

UMD + Inspiration: 1d20 + 14 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 14 + (5) = 23
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

By my math, after buff round 1 Juxian would take 10 more damage, so this should help us be clear before the oncoming horde.

"Ok! Next!"

Chou seems unnervingly ready to face more undead.

Since I'm pretty sure we're near the end, the first undead she approaches is getting blasted with a newly recharged Blessing of Vildeis.

Status going into next encounter:
1 Damage
Mutagen Active
Inspiration: 3/6
Panache: 5/5

Grand Lodge

LN Nagaji Brawler 6

Would Zarnal have really burned off the drake benefit on an opponent that was already down?

I seriously doubt I'd be able to heal myself, before Juxian's Life Link kicked in, and took away 5 of those hp's.... So 575 down to 4 damage.

CLW on 575: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

575 eyes the next group of undead, with a strategic eye, frowning slightly.

This next fight was the two revenants, and two something elses with wierd names.

Creatures of great fear
All of which can bind you fast
Can we counter such?

We have two revenants both with AE fear shrieks and grab. And two of these vukodlaks things, with a fear/paralization gaze, and grab.
The fear stuff might prove problematic... I've only a +2 will save. 8P and Iron Will is not a combat feat, so can't pick up temporarily.
So guess we have to all stay near Zarnel for the +4 bonus =)

Would silence protect us from the shriek of the revenants?
And do gaze attacks work if the creature gets blinded?

Silver Crusade

HP: 52/52 l AC: 17, T 11, FF 16 l CMD 18 l F +5, R +4, W +8, +10 vs. madness/confusion l Aging Touch (2/2), Knowledge of the Ages (4/4), Speed/Slow Time (1/1), Time Flicker (6/7 min), Time Hop (20/70 ft.) l L1: 5/7, L2: 5/7, L3: 4/5 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +2
Skills:
Diplomacy +10, Intimidate +15, Kn. History +8, Kn. Religion +7, Kn. Planes +13, Profession: Baker +12, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +7
Female Human Oracle (Dual-Cursed) 7 | Active Conditions: Lucky #4, +7 Temp HP

Not especially perturbed by the minor bit of damage she'd taken from the hound's energy blast, Corona quickly produces a wand from her pack and gives Zarnel a tap with it. She then moves over to 575 and gives him a tap as well.

"It's not much but it can't hurt!"
______________

Corona will use her Protection vs. Evil wand to tap Zarnel and 575; should it be wasted on them with their current gear/protections then she'll get Chou and then herself, in that order of preference~

Grand Lodge

LN Nagaji Brawler 6

Would be a +1 on saves and AC for me... so not entirely wasted. =)

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne

Your respite is brief. Forces from Eshimka's undead army, bounding toward you from the west, close within a dozen heartbeats.

Still some distance away, they halt, ready for a fight. The two revenants, shambling corpses, twisted and mutilated, fingers of sharpened bone reaching out with malevolent intent, open their jaws as if preparing to scream. The pair of vukodlaks, feral, black-furred creatures similar in appearance to the umbral hound you defeated, snarl at you with fanged muzzles and glowing red eyes.

You recall what Juxian told you about these undead creatures.

Initiative:

575: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Chou wei: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 2 = 18
Corona: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Juxian: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (14) - 2 = 12
Zarnel: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Revenants: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Vukodlaks: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Conditions:
Forested sections on the map do not impede movement or grant cover.
Bless: +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and saves vs fear effects.

Map & Images

Round 1
Bold
may act.

Blue Revenant
Green Revenant
Pink Vukodlak
Red Vukodlak
---
Chou wei
575
Juxian
Zarnel
Corona

Everybody, you're up! (Don't forget, your Blessing of Vildeis has been recharged, so each PC has one opportunity to use it.)

Dark Archive

Female N Ratfolk Tinkerer 5, Init 6, HP 35/35, Speed 30 AC 27, Touch 18, FF 20 CMD 17, Fort 3, Ref 13, Will 8

Chou steps forward and does her best to line up a shot at the incoming horde.

Ready action: Once a creature is within 25 ft, use sacred fire breath.

Fire Breath:
Holy Fire damage: 4d6 ⇒ (2, 2, 4, 5) = 13 DC 13 reflex for half

Chou will aggressively parry everything. Attack bonus is 11 +2 (Mutagen) +1 (Bless)

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne

Would anyone care to bot Zarnel? He left some guidance in the Discussion thread.

Silver Crusade

HP: 52/52 l AC: 17, T 11, FF 16 l CMD 18 l F +5, R +4, W +8, +10 vs. madness/confusion l Aging Touch (2/2), Knowledge of the Ages (4/4), Speed/Slow Time (1/1), Time Flicker (6/7 min), Time Hop (20/70 ft.) l L1: 5/7, L2: 5/7, L3: 4/5 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +2
Skills:
Diplomacy +10, Intimidate +15, Kn. History +8, Kn. Religion +7, Kn. Planes +13, Profession: Baker +12, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +7
Female Human Oracle (Dual-Cursed) 7 | Active Conditions: Lucky #4, +7 Temp HP

Remembering what Juxian had to say about the fearful auras some of these new contenders can generate, Corona takes a step closer to Zarnel and begins casting a now-familiar spell. A burst of radiant light erupts in the midst of the undead horde!

"I'll soften them up for you, Friends!"

Burst of Radiance: 5d4 ⇒ (2, 3, 1, 2, 3) = 11
If Blinded...: 1d4 ⇒ 3
If Dazzled...: 1d4 ⇒ 4
______________

Corona casts Burst of Radiance in the grid indicated; DC 16 Reflex to avoid being blinded~

Also remember, Zarnel & 575 are currently affected by Protection from Evil~

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne

Corona chucks another flash-bang, this time into the midst of the squad of Eshimka's undead army. The burst of holy energy tears ragged gashes in their flesh, blinding the red vukodlak and dazzling the rest.
Blue Revenant Reflex DC16: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Green Revenant Reflex DC16: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Pink Vukodlak Reflex DC16: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Red Vukodlak Reflex DC16: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Conditions:
Forested sections on the map do not impede movement or grant cover.
Bless: +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and saves vs fear effects.

Map & Images

Round 1
Bold
may act.

Blue Revenant (-11; dazzled for 4 rounds)
Green Revenant (-11; dazzled for 4 rounds)
Pink Vukodlak (-11; dazzled for 4 rounds)
Red Vukodlak (-11; blinded for 3 rounds)
---
Chou wei
575
Juxian
Zarnel

Corona

Everybody (except Corona), you're up! (Don't forget, your Blessing of Vildeis has been recharged, so each PC has one opportunity to use it. This encounter would be a very good time to do so.)

Dark Archive

Female N Ratfolk Tinkerer 5, Init 6, HP 35/35, Speed 30 AC 27, Touch 18, FF 20 CMD 17, Fort 3, Ref 13, Will 8

Chou charges forward hoping to thin their ranks quickly. She calls for her compatriots to strike as she moves. Using aid token for Timely Inspiration, blessing for extra damage and DR ignoring

Attack, mutagen, charge, bless, Inspiration: 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 11 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 26
Damage, mutagen, insp: 1d4 + 5 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 2 + 2 = 13
Blessing of Vildeis Damage: 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

Aggressively parrying everything

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Oracle 5.2 (Pei-zin Practitioner) | HP 53/53 | AC 10 T 10 FF 10 | CMB +2, , CMD 12 | F: +8, R: +2, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Perc: -2, SM: -2 | Speed 20ft | Lay on Hands 5/6 | Spells: Oracle 1st 8/8 Oracle 2nd 5/5| Active conditions:

Juxian casts Sun Metal on Zarnel's weapon. "Burn them to ash, Zarnel!"

Grand Lodge

LN Nagaji Brawler 6

Hmm.. get tied up for a day, and now I'm confused! =)

Its a double move to get there, and since Chou has charged in, guess we have to follow now...
Don't think Zarnal can charge in, due to the stones, but 575 can.
So, double moving Zarnal (should still be in shield other range), and 575 charges the pink one

As Chou moves to confront the undead, Zarnal quickly follows, closing with the blinded one. 575 follows tinkerer's lead, and charges in after her, leading with one booted foot to the things head.

Unarmed Strike vs pink, PA, charge, token: 1d20 + 11 + 1 - 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 11 + 1 - 2 + 2 + 2 = 28, for 1d8 + 8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 8 + 4 + 2 = 22 damage. (minus DR)

Will also burn a swift action to use the blessing of Vildeis Unstoppable Wrath effect, to become immune to mind-affecting things. Take that fear effects!

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne

When Chou wei gets within 60 feet of the blue revenant, the shambling corpse emits a baleful shriek. The ratfolk cowers in fear at the horrifying sound.
Bless, Aura of Courage bonus, Chou wei DC18 Will: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 1 + 4 = 17
Rounds cowering: 1d4 ⇒ 3
(If you have a re-roll available, you may use it.)

Juxian casts sun metal on Zarnel's greatsword, and the weapon ignites with flame.

575 invokes Vildeis's Blessing of Unstoppable Wrath and charges into battle. When the nagaji gets within 60 feet of the green revenant, it too emits a baleful shriek. Blessed with immune to mind-affecting effects, the nagaji shudders at the sound, but he doesn't break stride as he charges the dazzled, pink vukodlak, landing a solid punch. Its tough hide absorbs some of the blow's power.
(If Chou wei successfully re-rolled her DC18 Will save vs Blue, then she'd have to make another DC18 Will save vs Green.)

Greatsword blazing like the sun itself, Zarnel follows 575, zigging and zagging around the stones to close with the blinded red vukodlak.

Conditions:
Forested sections on the map do not impede movement or grant cover.
Bless: +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and saves vs fear effects.

Map & Images

Round 1
Bold
may act.

Blue Revenant (-11; dazzled for 4 rounds)
Green Revenant (-11; dazzled for 4 rounds)
Pink Vukodlak (-11; dazzled for 4 rounds)
Red Vukodlak (-28; blinded for 3 rounds)
---
Chou wei (Cowering for 3 rounds)
575
Juxian
Zarnel
Corona

Zarnel, you're up! (Don't forget, your Blessing of Vildeis has been recharged, so each PC has one opportunity to use it. This encounter would be a very good time to do so.)

Another post follows...

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne

Round 1
(Apologies, I forgot the revenants' SR and the vukodlaks' readied attacks in Round 1.)
As 575 and Zarnel close with the vukodlaks, the large undead wolves snap their jaws shut. The blind one misses the paladin, but 575 isn't so lucky. The brawler finds himself grappled in the pink vukodlak's maw.
Dazzled Pink Vukodlak Bite vs 575; Damage: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 7 - 1 = 221d8 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Dazzled, Grab: 1d20 + 13 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 13 - 1 = 30
Blinded Red Vukodlak Bite vs Zarnel; Damage: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 221d8 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

GM Screen:
Blue and Green Revenants' Baleful Shriek Next Availability: 2d4 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5

Corona's CL check vs Blue SR: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Corona's CL check vs Green SR: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
(No change; both are dazzled.)
(Note: If after using any available re-roll, Chou wei isn't cowering in fear 60ft away from the revenants, then she will also have to make another DC14 Will save vs the pink vukodlak's terrifying gaze. This is a mind-affecting fear effect.)

Round 2

The revenants shamble forward, one to the north and one to the south, around the pair of vukodlaks and the standing stones of the ritual circle, their fingers of sharpened bone reaching out with malevolent intent toward the intrepid heroes.

The vukodlaks howl in frustrated fury that their terrifying gaze seems to have no effect on the nagaji or the aasimar. The dazzled pink vukodlak releases 575 and then tries to bite him again. The blinded one struggles to locate Zarnel.
Dazzled Pink Vukodlak Bite vs 575; Damage: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 7 - 1 = 131d8 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Blinded Red Vukodlak Bite vs Zarnel; Damage: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 161d8 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Conditions:
Forested sections on the map do not impede movement or grant cover.
Bless: +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and saves vs fear effects.

Map & Images

Round 2
Bold
may act.

Blue Revenant (-11; dazzled for 3 more rounds)
Green Revenant (-11; dazzled for 3 more rounds)
Pink Vukodlak (-11; dazzled for 3 more rounds)
Red Vukodlak (-28; blinded for 2 more rounds)
---
Chou wei (Cowering for 2 more rounds)
575 (-12 in Round 1 from Pink's readied attack)
Juxian
Zarnel
Corona

Everybody, you're up! (Don't forget, your Blessing of Vildeis has been recharged, so each PC has one opportunity to use it. This encounter would be a very good time to do so.)

Dark Archive

Female N Ratfolk Tinkerer 5, Init 6, HP 35/35, Speed 30 AC 27, Touch 18, FF 20 CMD 17, Fort 3, Ref 13, Will 8

Chou will just use 2 inspiration to add a d6 and pass.

Will #2: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

Pass vs gaze as well. Will try to figure out what that means for battlefield positioning. I assume the damage totals don't include Chou's charge attack?

Grand Lodge

LN Nagaji Brawler 6

Gm, the Vukodlak should have missed, I think. 22 doesn't hit (even with the charge) due to the Protection from Evil from Corona (My AC is 1 higher from that). Needed a 23.
And 575 hit the pink one, not the blinded red one (and check their hp's).

575 turns his attention to the revenant, lashing out with a pair of blows.

Flurry1 vs green, PA, bless, token: 1d20 + 9 - 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 9 - 2 + 1 + 2 = 12, for 1d8 + 8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 4 + 2 = 16 damage (minus DR)
Flurry2 vs green, PA, bless, token: 1d20 + 9 - 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 9 - 2 + 1 + 2 = 30, for 1d8 + 8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 4 + 2 = 16 damage (minus DR)
confirm?: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24, for an additional 1d8 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20 damage.

Dark Archive

Female N Ratfolk Tinkerer 5, Init 6, HP 35/35, Speed 30 AC 27, Touch 18, FF 20 CMD 17, Fort 3, Ref 13, Will 8

"Fists of Nagaji
Summed with Watfolk's mithwal bwade
Equaws dead bad thing."

Chou gets to work, stepping back to flank the revenant with 575. She inspects it for weak spots, then tries her best to take it down... even faking an opening to aim for another strike.

Free, 5 ft step, Swift: Study, Standard: Attack, Move: Draw a potion, deliberately provoking an AoO so she can parry/riposte. Full nova!

Attack, Mut, Study, Flank, Bless: 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 11 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 26
Damage, Mut, Study: 1d4 + 5 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 2 + 2 = 11

Parry (As above, -2 size): 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 11 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 2 = 19
Parry GM Reroll +2 *: 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 11 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 2 + 2 = 30
Riposte: 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 11 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 30
Damage: 1d4 + 5 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 2 + 2 = 13

If the delibarate parry/riposte wasn't needed, she'll aggressively use that to parry/riposte anything possible. She'll use the allied offensive on said riposte if possible

Silver Crusade

Male LG Aasimar (Angel-blooded) Bloodrager 1 / Paladin 4 / Scar Seeker 1 | AC: 23 (T 12 / FF 22) CMD: 22 | F: +16 R: +7 W: +10 (Resist Acid / Cold / Electricity 5, Immune Fear & Disease) | HP: 64 / 70 | Bloodrage 3/6, Hellfire 1/3, Smite Evil 0/2, Lay on Hands 6/7, Scar 2/4 | Active conditions: Shield, Bear's Endurance, Scar

Zarnel let's the hell beast in his soul come forth, and as his skin blackens, he slashes at the large Red undead monstrosity in his face.

Attack, PA /FF, bless, rage: 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 12 + 1 + 3 = 20
damage, smite, Raging, sun metal: 2d6 + 16 + 1d4 ⇒ (4, 6) + 16 + (3) = 29

Silver Crusade

HP: 52/52 l AC: 17, T 11, FF 16 l CMD 18 l F +5, R +4, W +8, +10 vs. madness/confusion l Aging Touch (2/2), Knowledge of the Ages (4/4), Speed/Slow Time (1/1), Time Flicker (6/7 min), Time Hop (20/70 ft.) l L1: 5/7, L2: 5/7, L3: 4/5 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +2
Skills:
Diplomacy +10, Intimidate +15, Kn. History +8, Kn. Religion +7, Kn. Planes +13, Profession: Baker +12, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +7
Female Human Oracle (Dual-Cursed) 7 | Active Conditions: Lucky #4, +7 Temp HP

"Hey, wait for me!"

Corona hurries after the rest of the group. Having heard the fearsome shrieks of the vukodlaks she taps into the boon granted by Vildeis and grants herself the power to overcome their immunity to mind-altering magics. But it still seems more prudent to continue blasting them with shimmering light, which she does with great gusto - or at least tries to!

Burst of Radiance: 5d4 ⇒ (2, 2, 3, 1, 3) = 11
If Blinded...: 1d4 ⇒ 4
If Dazzled...: 1d4 ⇒ 2
______________

Corona activates Unstoppable Wrath as a swift action, moves up, then another Burst of Radiance on Pink & Red; DC 16 Reflex for Pink to avoid the blindness~

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne

Round 1

Avoiding the terrifying effects of undead scream and gaze, Chou wei delivers a studied strike against the red vukodlak.

Round 2

575 switches his focus to the green revenant and delivers a combination of punches; the first misses, but the second impacts with a satisfying crunch of bone.

Chou, in sneaky ratfolk fashion, initiates a complex sequence of tactical actions. She studies and attacks the green revenant with her mithral blade. When she draws her potion, the shambling undead creature attacks. Thanks to the tinkerer's experience leading teams of Pathfinder, she parries the blow and uses the opportunity to riposte with her rapier.
Claw; Damage: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 281d8 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Zarnel reveals his own hellish nature and smites the visage of the red vukodlak. The creatures falls, dead at the aasimar's feet.

Corona casts another burst of radiance, its holy blast slaying the pink vukodlak.

The blue revenant grasps at Zarnel with its bony claws. One undead mitt tears the paladin's thigh from groin to knee.
Dazzled, Claw 1; Damage: 1d20 + 14 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 14 - 1 = 311d8 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Dazzled, Claw 2; Damage: 1d20 + 14 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 14 - 1 = 181d8 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Dazzled, Grab, Constrict: 1d20 + 17 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 17 - 1 = 181d6 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Incensed by the paladin's aura of good, the green revenant steps away from 575 and Chou wei and toward Zarnel. It claws the paladin twice, grabbing him and squeezing the life out of the aasimar.
Dazzled, Claw 1; Damage: 1d20 + 14 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 14 - 1 = 321d8 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Dazzled, Claw 2; Damage: 1d20 + 14 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 14 - 1 = 301d8 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Dazzled, Grab, Constrict: 1d20 + 17 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 17 - 1 = 331d6 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Conditions:
Forested sections on the map do not impede movement or grant cover.
Bless: +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and saves vs fear effects.

Map & Images

Round 3
Bold
may act.

Blue Revenant (-11; dazzled for 2 more rounds)
Green Revenant (-67; dazzled for 2 more rounds)
---
Chou wei
575
Juxian
Zarnel
(-44; grappled)
Corona

Everybody, you're up! (Don't forget, your Blessing of Vildeis has been recharged, so each PC has one opportunity to use it. This encounter would be a very good time to do so.)

Silver Crusade

HP: 52/52 l AC: 17, T 11, FF 16 l CMD 18 l F +5, R +4, W +8, +10 vs. madness/confusion l Aging Touch (2/2), Knowledge of the Ages (4/4), Speed/Slow Time (1/1), Time Flicker (6/7 min), Time Hop (20/70 ft.) l L1: 5/7, L2: 5/7, L3: 4/5 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +2
Skills:
Diplomacy +10, Intimidate +15, Kn. History +8, Kn. Religion +7, Kn. Planes +13, Profession: Baker +12, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +7
Female Human Oracle (Dual-Cursed) 7 | Active Conditions: Lucky #4, +7 Temp HP

"Oh no, not again! Friend Zarnel, you need to quit using...um...whatever it is that makes you look so tasty to the monsters," Corona sighs as she snaps her fingers, granting Zarnel a boost on freeing himself from the revenant's grasp.

Then she moves up and attempts to poke Green with her longspear.

Attack vs. Green (Cold Iron Longspear; Bless, Timely Inspiration): 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 5 + 1 + 2 = 27
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 2 = 7
______________

*edit* Scratch that, already used my immediate action for this round to cast Liberating Command!

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Oracle 5.2 (Pei-zin Practitioner) | HP 53/53 | AC 10 T 10 FF 10 | CMB +2, , CMD 12 | F: +8, R: +2, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Perc: -2, SM: -2 | Speed 20ft | Lay on Hands 5/6 | Spells: Oracle 1st 8/8 Oracle 2nd 5/5| Active conditions:

Zarnel takes half of that damage and I take the other half. 22 damage each, then I take 5 more from him. 27 to Juxian and 17 to Zarnel.

"Zarnel, you really take Vildeis' scarring to heart, don't you." he says as he looks at his own opening wounds, "I guess I'm not too far off either."

selective channel: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 6) = 11+4 to me

Zarnel should have 6 damage and I should have 12

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne

Seeing Zarnel caught in the clutches of the blue revenant, Corona casts liberating command to assist the paladin attempt to break free.

Then the oracle summons the courage to enter the fray, thrusting her spear into the green revenant. Its hide is tough to pierce, and she barely damages the undead creature.

Like a hipster stigmata at Coachella, more wounds like crimson roses erupt over Juxian's body, taking on the suffering of his aasimar companion. With divine energy he heals himself and his friend.

Conditions:
Forested sections on the map do not impede movement or grant cover.
Bless: +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and saves vs fear effects.

Map & Images

Round 3
Bold
may act.

Blue Revenant (-11; dazzled for 2 more rounds)
Green Revenant (-69; dazzled for 2 more rounds)
---
Chou wei
575

Juxian (-7)
Zarnel (-6; grappled)
Corona

Chou wei, 575, and Zarnel, you're up! (Don't forget, your Blessing of Vildeis has been recharged, so each PC has one opportunity to use it. This encounter would be a very good time to do so.)

Silver Crusade

Male LG Aasimar (Angel-blooded) Bloodrager 1 / Paladin 4 / Scar Seeker 1 | AC: 23 (T 12 / FF 22) CMD: 22 | F: +16 R: +7 W: +10 (Resist Acid / Cold / Electricity 5, Immune Fear & Disease) | HP: 64 / 70 | Bloodrage 3/6, Hellfire 1/3, Smite Evil 0/2, Lay on Hands 6/7, Scar 2/4 | Active conditions: Shield, Bear's Endurance, Scar

I don't use anything special. I just wish she thought.... His mind snaps back into the game when he feels the magic of Corona's spell hit him...

Escape Artist as Immed Action: 1d20 + 1 - 3 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 1 - 3 + 10 = 28

...and he twists free of the revenant's grasp. Yes?

Assuming he's free

Free of it's bony claws, he steps toward his savior, and swings at the one now standing between him and his battle brother.

Attack, PA/FF, raging, bless, flank: 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 12 + 1 + 2 = 17
damage, Raging, sun metal: 2d6 + 16 + 1d4 ⇒ (3, 5) + 16 + (3) = 27

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne

With Corona's divine intervention, Zarnel immediately breaks free from the blue revenant's grasp. He shifts his attention to the green revenant, swings his greatsword and misses his target.

Conditions:
Forested sections on the map do not impede movement or grant cover.
Bless: +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and saves vs fear effects.

Map & Images

Round 3
Bold
may act.

Blue Revenant (-11; dazzled for 2 more rounds)
Green Revenant (-69; dazzled for 2 more rounds)
---
Chou wei
575

Juxian (-7)
Zarnel (-6; grappled)
Corona

Chou wei and 575, you're up! (Don't forget, your Blessing of Vildeis has been recharged, so each PC has one opportunity to use it. This encounter would be a very good time to do so.)

Grand Lodge

The Disappeared | Curious Claim || Spell Templates

**OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT**

A screeching wail cuts across the battlefield as Eshimka falls to her knees, her undead horde routed to all sides by the combined Pathfinder and Twinhorn forces. The nightshade cries out in anger and dismay, “No! How could mortal worms like these strike me down?”

As if answering the question, Medda strides forward, battered and bleeding before her blessed armor begins to glow brighter and brighter. Cast in the shadow of a nearby standing stone, the dwarven apparition of the paladin warrior Ivvora seems to mirror Medda’s movements and guide her steps. As one they respond, “Eshimka, this battle began a millennium ago, and it ends tonight. Vildeis has judged you and found you wanting”. Producing a dagger of white fire in one hand, Medda and Ivvora both plunge their blades into the undead giant’s chest. Eshimka’s mouth opens in a silent scream as light pours from her eyes, mouth, and the wounds inflicted by the Pathfinders. The nightshade’s body crumbles into ash that the wind scatters across the snow, and the dying rift at last closes.

The towering dwarven ghost salutes the gathered heroes and announces, “You have all proved yourself worthy of Vildeis’ attention. Pathfinders, you have defeated a great evil, so let your tale of your bravery shatter your enemies’ courage while bolstering your own. Medda and Anok, you have made me proud and finished what I could not. Go with Vildeis’s blessing, and keep vigilant—evil never rests.” Ivvora smiles and looks up to the stars as she fades away and the blessed armor returns to its normal sheen.

Medda looks to the champions surrounding her. “Everyone, I cannot put into words how grateful I am to all of you. You have stood by my side through all these hardships, and at last we have triumphed! Eshimka is forever destroyed, and we the Twinhorn following have found true allies in the Pathfinder Society. Call on us in your hour of need, and we shall come to your aid. For now though, the danger has passed.” She and Anok give one last look to where the planar scar is already healing.

“Let us celebrate at last.”

Scenario (and series) concluded. Thanks for playing, everyone, and thanks for all your hard work, GMs!

Grand Lodge

LN Nagaji Brawler 6

Aw, got home an hour too late to post =)

For posterity...

As the towering giant form of Eshimka starts to fall, 575 continues striking at the much nearer foes.

Flurry1 vs green, PA, bless, token: 1d20 + 9 - 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 9 - 2 + 1 + 2 = 24, for 1d8 + 8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 4 + 2 = 20 damage (minus DR).
Flurry1 vs blue, PA, bless, token: 1d20 + 9 - 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 9 - 2 + 1 + 2 = 21, for 1d8 + 8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 4 + 2 = 16 damage (minus DR).

OK, I feel better now =)

Dark Archive

Female N Ratfolk Tinkerer 5, Init 6, HP 35/35, Speed 30 AC 27, Touch 18, FF 20 CMD 17, Fort 3, Ref 13, Will 8

Chou makes a quick strike at any surviving undead.

Attack: 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 11 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 24
Damage: 1d4 + 5 + 2 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 2 + 2 + (6) = 16

"I think I have some data I need to take befowe we depawt..."

Chou would like to... make a proposal to Anok if he's available for a little chat regarding Zarta and her excellent abilities in cataloguing dangerous zones such as this. Would that be allowable? If so I think she passes on a take 10.

Silver Crusade

HP: 52/52 l AC: 17, T 11, FF 16 l CMD 18 l F +5, R +4, W +8, +10 vs. madness/confusion l Aging Touch (2/2), Knowledge of the Ages (4/4), Speed/Slow Time (1/1), Time Flicker (6/7 min), Time Hop (20/70 ft.) l L1: 5/7, L2: 5/7, L3: 4/5 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +2
Skills:
Diplomacy +10, Intimidate +15, Kn. History +8, Kn. Religion +7, Kn. Planes +13, Profession: Baker +12, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +7
Female Human Oracle (Dual-Cursed) 7 | Active Conditions: Lucky #4, +7 Temp HP

Corona looks around for a moment and shrugs before taking a seat on the charred, blasted ground. She beckons the others to join her. "Come on Friends, sit with me! This is a good a place as any to celebrate, right?"

"You know, this whole thing with Medda and Anok and Ivvora and all, it's been really strange. One long, strange trip," the young oracle remarks as she stares at the where the rift had been. "But it's been really great too. I mean...we got to do something important, Friends! Like, really important."

She smiles. "It's been...nice! It's nice to know that Pathfinders aren't too busy to stop and do some real good in the world sometimes. I hope they'll send us on more missions like this one. After all though we'll all eventually die and all of this world will turn to dust there's no reason we can't make things more pleasant for each other until that time comes!"

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne

575 slips a few feet sideways and slays the green revenant with a single punch. Then the brawler delivers a solid b!%#$-slap to the blue revenant, its tough hide absorbing some of the bludgeoning force.

Chou wei springs over one of the toppled ritual stones and thrusts her rapier into the remaining revenant, though its hide seems resistant to piercing weapons as well.

The revenant remains determined to slay the paladin. Bereft at the loss of Eshimka, its formaldehyde tears cloud its vision and both wild attacks miss the aasimar.
Dazzled, Claw 1; Damage: 1d20 + 14 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 14 - 1 = 191d8 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Dazzled, Claw 2; Damage: 1d20 + 14 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 14 - 1 = 161d8 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Conditions:
Forested sections on the map do not impede movement or grant cover.
Bless: +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and saves vs fear effects.

Map & Images

Round 4
Bold
may act.

Blue Revenant (-33; dazzled for 1 more round)
---
Chou wei
575
Juxian
(-7)
Zarnel (-6)
Corona

Everybody, you're up! (Don't forget, your Blessing of Vildeis has been recharged, so each PC has one opportunity to use it. This encounter would be a very good time to do so.)

451 to 485 of 485 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Lorenzo's #8-99: The Solstice Scar, Version D (Subtier 5-6) - OUTPOST II All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.