Talanor, the Last Haven (Table #1)

Game Master Valjoen_KC

Current Date: 18th of Selefis, 7995 E.C.

Campaign Maps

Maps of Æustëria

Wiki of Æustëra

Quartermaster List


301 to 350 of 378 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

HP 21/22 | Init +1 | AC 22, ff 20, touch 12 | Fort +6, Ref +0, Will +5 | Move 20' | Perception +8 (darkvision) | Propitiation: Diplomacy | Combat stamina 3/3 | Artificer 6/6, Runeforger 2\5

Sorry about this week, which is proving to be ridiculously busy! I'll have a look at the revised rules on essences...


Bright Tower Maps | Last Haven Table #1 Maps | Last Haven Table #2 Maps

Sorry, everyone. Been under the weather all of last week and the weekend with the flu. I should be back at it tomorrow and posting.


Female Aasimar (Muse Touched) (Noble Elf) Monk (Scaled Fist) 1/Samurai (Warrior Poet) 1 l HP: 21/21 l AC: 19/T: 19/FF: 14 l Fort: +4, Ref: +5, W: +0 l Init: +5 l Per: +5 I Sp: 40'

Let's pour one out for our GM.


Bright Tower Maps | Last Haven Table #1 Maps | Last Haven Table #2 Maps

Your GM relapsed with several bouts of the Heaves... stomach has been good since yesterday afternoon... so, posts incoming.


Human Empiricist Investigator | Inspiration 4/4 | HP: 15/20 AC: 19 TAC: 14 FF: 15 CMD: 15 | +4 Initiative | +7(+1 traps/+2 dim) Perception | Saves: 1/7/3 | Speed 30 ft. | Darkvision 60ft.

We've been busy, eh? I hope everyone is doing well!!! IDK what to do with Maria atm but just wanted to let everyone know I'm still paying attention


Female Aasimar (Muse Touched) (Noble Elf) Monk (Scaled Fist) 1/Samurai (Warrior Poet) 1 l HP: 21/21 l AC: 19/T: 19/FF: 14 l Fort: +4, Ref: +5, W: +0 l Init: +5 l Per: +5 I Sp: 40'

I think you could investigate all that strange loot we found? like those vials and those crates?


Bright Tower Maps | Last Haven Table #1 Maps | Last Haven Table #2 Maps

Maria, you can either follow Toraim and Ysil into the prison tower or investigate the loot. I think they were being cautious in checking the crates and preferred to have your skills available to do so. If you'd like, we can do the investigation quickly and have you catch up with them.


HP 21/22 | Init +1 | AC 22, ff 20, touch 12 | Fort +6, Ref +0, Will +5 | Move 20' | Perception +8 (darkvision) | Propitiation: Diplomacy | Combat stamina 3/3 | Artificer 6/6, Runeforger 2\5

Note I am travelling next week and I can't be sure if I'll have a "proper" internet connection, so posting may prove difficult!


Human Empiricist Investigator | Inspiration 4/4 | HP: 15/20 AC: 19 TAC: 14 FF: 15 CMD: 15 | +4 Initiative | +7(+1 traps/+2 dim) Perception | Saves: 1/7/3 | Speed 30 ft. | Darkvision 60ft.

That sounds good to me!


Bright Tower Maps | Last Haven Table #1 Maps | Last Haven Table #2 Maps

Sorry guys. Things turned into a $hit storm at work. No excuse for not communicating with you guys.

I took a new job in late July with a huge promotion in responsibility. Two weeks ago the board fired one of the other execs and dropped his department in my lap. So, work has been crazy busy... as in 12-13 hours/day in the office and then bringing work back home every night. All the work I've been doing is culminating with a presentation to the board's audit committee on Nov 11th followed by the full board meeting on Nov 20th & 21st. Following that, my expectation is to hear from our primary regulator about that time regarding their examination which is due to start somewhere in late January.

So, I'm thinking that my posting is going to be slow for another few weeks until we get to Thanksgiving. After that, I should get myself to back to a 1/day posting... most days. Also, it is possible that I'm posts will start coming in the evening rather than mid-day. I'm CDT time, btw.

I do have a vacation to Jamaica planned with the wife in mid-January. She's taken up the mantle at home without a complaint and deserves a little Valjoen attention!

I will get a post up this weekend.

Thanks again for all the patience.


HP 21/22 | Init +1 | AC 22, ff 20, touch 12 | Fort +6, Ref +0, Will +5 | Move 20' | Perception +8 (darkvision) | Propitiation: Diplomacy | Combat stamina 3/3 | Artificer 6/6, Runeforger 2\5

All good! RL matters!


HP 21/22 | Init +1 | AC 22, ff 20, touch 12 | Fort +6, Ref +0, Will +5 | Move 20' | Perception +8 (darkvision) | Propitiation: Diplomacy | Combat stamina 3/3 | Artificer 6/6, Runeforger 2\5

RL has been intense, to say the least. I apologize for my absence. But I fully intend to contribute meaningfully in the near future!

(Things should slow over the next few weeks...)


Bright Tower Maps | Last Haven Table #1 Maps | Last Haven Table #2 Maps

Good morning, Everyone.

Board meeting is today and tomorrow. Three months of work culminating with presentations today. I should get posts restarted in the next few days and try to get us back in a good rhythm.

Val


Bright Tower Maps | Last Haven Table #1 Maps | Last Haven Table #2 Maps

How about a quick check-in by everyone to make sure we are all still here.


HP 21/22 | Init +1 | AC 22, ff 20, touch 12 | Fort +6, Ref +0, Will +5 | Move 20' | Perception +8 (darkvision) | Propitiation: Diplomacy | Combat stamina 3/3 | Artificer 6/6, Runeforger 2\5

Still here! Like you, I've been (and still am) ridiculously busy – so busy, in fact, that I've dropped out of a few games on account of feeling that I was holding back the others.

I'll have to re-read the few last pages of posts to get back into the flow... As far as I can tell, we've explore the entire building, and now all that remains is the underground tunnels, which may lead to who knows where?

There was a curious tattoo on a prison guard...? And torture devices...?


Human Empiricist Investigator | Inspiration 4/4 | HP: 15/20 AC: 19 TAC: 14 FF: 15 CMD: 15 | +4 Initiative | +7(+1 traps/+2 dim) Perception | Saves: 1/7/3 | Speed 30 ft. | Darkvision 60ft.

Hey, been a bit. Still here. Finals just ended, thank goodness. Hope yall are well :)


Bright Tower Maps | Last Haven Table #1 Maps | Last Haven Table #2 Maps

Hey Everyone.

Very sorry for the month's worth of silence. While work continues to be very busy (10-12 hour days), we've had some tragedy with extended family that has taken all of my attention. I've kept thinking every weekend, that this will be the week that I get some energy and enthusiasm to get back to the Paizo message boards and play some Pathfinder.

Honestly, I haven't felt like playing or writing much.

I have a vacation coming up over January 22-28. I'm hoping this will recharge the batteries.

I'll post when I'm back home and settled back into work and we'll see about restarting the campaign. Thank you for your patience.

Val


HP 21/22 | Init +1 | AC 22, ff 20, touch 12 | Fort +6, Ref +0, Will +5 | Move 20' | Perception +8 (darkvision) | Propitiation: Diplomacy | Combat stamina 3/3 | Artificer 6/6, Runeforger 2\5

It's all good. To be honest, I've been in the same sort of boat. I've dropped a few campaigns and my presence on the boards has been limited. So bon courage and all the best for the coming year!


Bright Tower Maps | Last Haven Table #1 Maps | Last Haven Table #2 Maps

Hey everyone.

Life is back to a new normal. Work is still very busy, but I should be able to carve out a little time to have some RPG fun. I expect to be able to post 2-3 per week at a minimum.

So, if you are still interested in the campaign, please drop a post here to confirm, and I'll look to get a new post up in the gameplay thread this coming weekend.

Best,

Val


HP 21/22 | Init +1 | AC 22, ff 20, touch 12 | Fort +6, Ref +0, Will +5 | Move 20' | Perception +8 (darkvision) | Propitiation: Diplomacy | Combat stamina 3/3 | Artificer 6/6, Runeforger 2\5

Still here!


Human Empiricist Investigator | Inspiration 4/4 | HP: 15/20 AC: 19 TAC: 14 FF: 15 CMD: 15 | +4 Initiative | +7(+1 traps/+2 dim) Perception | Saves: 1/7/3 | Speed 30 ft. | Darkvision 60ft.

Alive and well, and hoping we can get back to it :)


Female Aasimar (Muse Touched) (Noble Elf) Monk (Scaled Fist) 1/Samurai (Warrior Poet) 1 l HP: 21/21 l AC: 19/T: 19/FF: 14 l Fort: +4, Ref: +5, W: +0 l Init: +5 l Per: +5 I Sp: 40'

Same, obvi.


Bright Tower Maps | Last Haven Table #1 Maps | Last Haven Table #2 Maps

Well, we have 3 of you here (Cleric, Investigator and Monk/Samurai) and at the other table we have 3 (Barbarian, Hunter and Fighter/Oracle). If everyone is good with it, I'd like to combine the two tables in this thread.

I'll do a wrap up post in the other thread and then leap everyone a day or so ahead in this thread with a post that brings the two groups together. You cna compare notes and decide how to proceed from there. Sound good?


Female Aasimar (Muse Touched) (Noble Elf) Monk (Scaled Fist) 1/Samurai (Warrior Poet) 1 l HP: 21/21 l AC: 19/T: 19/FF: 14 l Fort: +4, Ref: +5, W: +0 l Init: +5 l Per: +5 I Sp: 40'

We level up, when we finished the first pass on the prison, yes?


HP 21/22 | Init +1 | AC 22, ff 20, touch 12 | Fort +6, Ref +0, Will +5 | Move 20' | Perception +8 (darkvision) | Propitiation: Diplomacy | Combat stamina 3/3 | Artificer 6/6, Runeforger 2\5

Works for me!


Human Empiricist Investigator | Inspiration 4/4 | HP: 15/20 AC: 19 TAC: 14 FF: 15 CMD: 15 | +4 Initiative | +7(+1 traps/+2 dim) Perception | Saves: 1/7/3 | Speed 30 ft. | Darkvision 60ft.

Sounds like a great fix (and is probably alot easier on you, I imagine. Never ran 2 tables at once).

Very melee composition we have.


Female Aasimar (Muse Touched) (Noble Elf) Monk (Scaled Fist) 1/Samurai (Warrior Poet) 1 l HP: 21/21 l AC: 19/T: 19/FF: 14 l Fort: +4, Ref: +5, W: +0 l Init: +5 l Per: +5 I Sp: 40'

Things we have discovered.

1. A lock box we cannot open.

2. A magic belt and pouch we cannot identify.

3. small vials filled with different liquids. (We don't know what they are and our resident alchemist hasn't looked into the matter.)

4. Two larger flasks sit in the back left corner of the bench. (We don't know what they are and our resident alchemist hasn't looked into the matter.)

5. The small, unopened wooden box is nailed shut. A small brand on top of the box says "QUONOS sü MÉHNSARRI".

6. One chest (heavy).


HP 18/18 Stamina 1/1| AC 16/13/13 | CMD 15 | Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +2 | Per +6 | Init +3
Class & Skills:
Fighter (Lore Warden) 1/Oracle (Dual-Cursed Warsighted) 1 | Acro. +10, Bluff +4, S.craft +7
Combat:
30 ft. (30 ft.) | Melee +5/+1/+4 (r/sw/k, lm, b) Full Attack +3/(-1) +2 (r/(sw), k, lm) Full Attack +3/(-1) +2/-5 (r/(sw), k, lm/b)| CMB +4 (+6 disarm); weapon cord attached: #1 Yes (rapier), #2 No

Mark post to track this game for updates.


HP 21/22 | Init +1 | AC 22, ff 20, touch 12 | Fort +6, Ref +0, Will +5 | Move 20' | Perception +8 (darkvision) | Propitiation: Diplomacy | Combat stamina 3/3 | Artificer 6/6, Runeforger 2\5

Glad to see the campaign alive once more!

FYI: I'll be AFK until Wednesday. I'll get back on board then, or on Thursday, as work allows!


Female Aasimar (Muse Touched) (Noble Elf) Monk (Scaled Fist) 1/Samurai (Warrior Poet) 1 l HP: 21/21 l AC: 19/T: 19/FF: 14 l Fort: +4, Ref: +5, W: +0 l Init: +5 l Per: +5 I Sp: 40'

Question on languages:

In the first world (the one that got destroyed), the original godlings spoke what we had been referring to in the other games as proto-draconic. More modern forms of draconic hewed closely (OOG) to Latin.

Is what I had been calling "proto-draconic" Solütâ or is it Tâsolüm? What is the ingame name for the derivative form of draconic that most magic users know that is close to Latin?


Female Aasimar (Muse Touched) (Noble Elf) Monk (Scaled Fist) 1/Samurai (Warrior Poet) 1 l HP: 21/21 l AC: 19/T: 19/FF: 14 l Fort: +4, Ref: +5, W: +0 l Init: +5 l Per: +5 I Sp: 40'

Other Questions on languages:

Ärh’Édheliti is spoken by the Noble Elves and is what Ysildaë speaks. How does it differ with "low elven"? What are the differences of both to the elven spoken in the First Lands by the Seven Stars Clan? How mutually intelligible are the three kinds of elven?

What is the derivation of Celestial? I'm guessing it is related to the older form of draconic and Ärh’Édheliti given the history of the Celes.


Human Empiricist Investigator | Inspiration 4/4 | HP: 15/20 AC: 19 TAC: 14 FF: 15 CMD: 15 | +4 Initiative | +7(+1 traps/+2 dim) Perception | Saves: 1/7/3 | Speed 30 ft. | Darkvision 60ft.

Luckily I have a trait that prevents me from worrying about losing alchemical materials, unless I roll a nat 1. Appreciate the offer, though.


HP 18/18 Stamina 1/1| AC 16/13/13 | CMD 15 | Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +2 | Per +6 | Init +3
Class & Skills:
Fighter (Lore Warden) 1/Oracle (Dual-Cursed Warsighted) 1 | Acro. +10, Bluff +4, S.craft +7
Combat:
30 ft. (30 ft.) | Melee +5/+1/+4 (r/sw/k, lm, b) Full Attack +3/(-1) +2 (r/(sw), k, lm) Full Attack +3/(-1) +2/-5 (r/(sw), k, lm/b)| CMB +4 (+6 disarm); weapon cord attached: #1 Yes (rapier), #2 No

Well, it's not like Kayin has everyone's character sheet handy :p.

Also, that is a dead useful trait for alchemy mules, I want it!


HP 18/18 Stamina 1/1| AC 16/13/13 | CMD 15 | Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +2 | Per +6 | Init +3
Class & Skills:
Fighter (Lore Warden) 1/Oracle (Dual-Cursed Warsighted) 1 | Acro. +10, Bluff +4, S.craft +7
Combat:
30 ft. (30 ft.) | Melee +5/+1/+4 (r/sw/k, lm, b) Full Attack +3/(-1) +2 (r/(sw), k, lm) Full Attack +3/(-1) +2/-5 (r/(sw), k, lm/b)| CMB +4 (+6 disarm); weapon cord attached: #1 Yes (rapier), #2 No
Ysildaë Ralomenor wrote:

Things we have discovered.

1. A lock box we cannot open.

2. A magic belt and pouch we cannot identify.

3. small vials filled with different liquids. (We don't know what they are and our resident alchemist hasn't looked into the matter.)

4. Two larger flasks sit in the back left corner of the bench. (We don't know what they are and our resident alchemist hasn't looked into the matter.)

5. The small, unopened wooden box is nailed shut. A small brand on top of the box says "QUONOS sü MÉHNSARRI".

6. One chest (heavy).

What's the language on the box there? Anyone know?

Also, we've got a few things that need looking at ourselves.

@Maria: The vial in question that Kayin couldn't identify the contents of needs a Craft (alchemy) check against a DC of 15. All he can tell is that it smells quite good, and might be a perfume of some type.

Also, there's a coded journal with a Linguistics check (DC 18) to decipher the contents of, and you happen to have a pretty good rank in that skill (handy that).

@Ysildaë: As soon Valjoen drops in to announce the caster level, I'll go ahead and use the Spellcraft/detect magic combo to try and figure out your magic trinkets. And I'll do the same for the vials once he gives me a DC to shoot for.


Bright Tower Maps | Last Haven Table #1 Maps | Last Haven Table #2 Maps
Ysildaë Ralomenor wrote:

Question on languages:

In the first world (the one that got destroyed), the original godlings spoke what we had been referring to in the other games as proto-draconic. More modern forms of draconic hewed closely (OOG) to Latin.

Is what I had been calling "proto-draconic" Solütâ or is it Tâsolüm? What is the ingame name for the derivative form of draconic that most magic users know that is close to Latin?

I;m still working out a lot of the languages. Tâsolüm is the language the godlings spoke/speak as dragons. In the common tongue it is called Draconic. As I was creating this language, Solütâ was the first iteration of the verb Solüm which means "to understand" and the pronoun Tâ which means "I or me". Later as I developed the syntax, the sentence "You understand me" is spoken "Du tâ solüm". So, the name of the language made better sense to call it Tâsolüm, to understand me.

Previously, I used a lot of latin since I hadn't developed the language. For continuity purposes in the two campaigns playing on the paizo boards, I'll likely give Latin another name and make it the language used by wizards to make incantation, rituals and spells. Since this is tied to the dragons, they will probably call it Draconic and refer to Tâsolüm as Ancient Draconic. Over time, I'll likely replace a lot of the latin words with the Tâsolüm equivalent and let it fade away. I just haven't had a lot of time to continue working on the languages recently. LOL.


Bright Tower Maps | Last Haven Table #1 Maps | Last Haven Table #2 Maps
Ysildaë Ralomenor wrote:

Other Questions on languages:

Ärh’Édheliti is spoken by the Noble Elves and is what Ysildaë speaks. How does it differ with "low elven"? What are the differences of both to the elven spoken in the First Lands by the Seven Stars Clan? How mutually intelligible are the three kinds of elven?

What is the derivation of Celestial? I'm guessing it is related to the older form of draconic and Ärh’Édheliti given the history of the Celes.

Correct, most elves from the Greyton will speak Ärh’Édheliti. The elves from Kingdom of Barad’el (which kingdom is long dead) would have spoken the original elvish language that I'm calling "high elvish" for now. It will be closer to Tâsolüm from which it was derived. "Low elvish" will be spoken by elves from the Nomads of Mÿragólar it will be high elvish with a bunch of influence from Shälœti (Fey Speech). Creation of these languages isn't coming anytime soon. I need to better define them on the Lang wiki page. Thanks for the questions.

As for Celestial, i'm treating the languages a different than Golarion which, I know, messes with language proficiency in Pathfinder. There will be a language of the Ealintaine that they speak amongst themselves. Aasimars like the Celes will likely speak the language of the culture from which they were derived. So, the Celes, like Ysildae, now speak Ärh’Édheliti.


Bright Tower Maps | Last Haven Table #1 Maps | Last Haven Table #2 Maps
Kayin Ashok wrote:
Ysildaë Ralomenor wrote:

Things we have discovered.

1. A lock box we cannot open.

2. A magic belt and pouch we cannot identify.

3. small vials filled with different liquids. (We don't know what they are and our resident alchemist hasn't looked into the matter.)

4. Two larger flasks sit in the back left corner of the bench. (We don't know what they are and our resident alchemist hasn't looked into the matter.)

5. The small, unopened wooden box is nailed shut. A small brand on top of the box says "QUONOS sü MÉHNSARRI".

6. One chest (heavy).

What's the language on the box there? Anyone know?

Also, we've got a few things that need looking at ourselves.

@Maria: The vial in question that Kayin couldn't identify the contents of needs a Craft (alchemy) check against a DC of 15. All he can tell is that it smells quite good, and might be a perfume of some type.

Also, there's a coded journal with a Linguistics check (DC 18) to decipher the contents of, and you happen to have a pretty good rank in that skill (handy that).

@Ysildaë: As soon Valjoen drops in to announce the caster level, I'll go ahead and use the Spellcraft/detect magic combo to try and figure out your magic trinkets. And I'll do the same for the vials once he gives me a DC to shoot for.

The language Ysildae quoted above is Ärh’Édheliti.


Female Aasimar (Muse Touched) (Noble Elf) Monk (Scaled Fist) 1/Samurai (Warrior Poet) 1 l HP: 21/21 l AC: 19/T: 19/FF: 14 l Fort: +4, Ref: +5, W: +0 l Init: +5 l Per: +5 I Sp: 40'
Valjoen_GM wrote:
Ysildaë Ralomenor wrote:

Question on languages:

In the first world (the one that got destroyed), the original godlings spoke what we had been referring to in the other games as proto-draconic. More modern forms of draconic hewed closely (OOG) to Latin.

Is what I had been calling "proto-draconic" Solütâ or is it Tâsolüm? What is the ingame name for the derivative form of draconic that most magic users know that is close to Latin?

I'm still working out a lot of the languages. Tâsolüm is the language the godlings spoke/speak as dragons. In the common tongue it is called Draconic. As I was creating this language, Solütâ was the first iteration of the verb Solüm which means "to understand" and the pronoun Tâ which means "I or me". Later as I developed the syntax, the sentence "You understand me" is spoken "Du tâ solüm". So, the name of the language made better sense to call it Tâsolüm, to understand me.

Previously, I used a lot of latin since I hadn't developed the language. For continuity purposes in the two campaigns playing on the paizo boards, I'll likely give Latin another name and make it the language used by wizards to make incantation, rituals and spells. Since this is tied to the dragons, they will probably call it Draconic and refer to Tâsolüm as Ancient Draconic. Over time, I'll likely replace a lot of the latin words with the Tâsolüm equivalent and let it fade away. I just haven't had a lot of time to continue working on the languages recently. LOL.

It may be useful to keep the distinction between the language used by many workers of magic for that purpose and Tâsolüm if only because I know you want Tâsolüm to be known by few, and many magic workers know the former.

Also, I guess that mean the Liber Sanguinem needs a new name.


Female Aasimar (Muse Touched) (Noble Elf) Monk (Scaled Fist) 1/Samurai (Warrior Poet) 1 l HP: 21/21 l AC: 19/T: 19/FF: 14 l Fort: +4, Ref: +5, W: +0 l Init: +5 l Per: +5 I Sp: 40'
Valjoen_GM wrote:
Ysildaë Ralomenor wrote:

Other Questions on languages:

Ärh’Édheliti is spoken by the Noble Elves and is what Ysildaë speaks. How does it differ with "low elven"? What are the differences of both to the elven spoken in the First Lands by the Seven Stars Clan? How mutually intelligible are the three kinds of elven?

What is the derivation of Celestial? I'm guessing it is related to the older form of draconic and Ärh’Édheliti given the history of the Celes.

Correct, most elves from the Greyton will speak Ärh’Édheliti. The elves from Kingdom of Barad’el (which kingdom is long dead) would have spoken the original elvish language that I'm calling "high elvish" for now. It will be closer to Tâsolüm from which it was derived. "Low elvish" will be spoken by elves from the Nomads of Mÿragólar it will be high elvish with a bunch of influence from Shälœti (Fey Speech). Creation of these languages isn't coming anytime soon. I need to better define them on the Lang wiki page. Thanks for the questions.

As for Celestial, i'm treating the languages a different than Golarion which, I know, messes with language proficiency in Pathfinder. There will be a language of the Ealintaine that they speak amongst themselves. Aasimars like the Celes will likely speak the language of the culture from which they were derived. So, the Celes, like Ysildae, now speak Ärh’Édheliti.

There is definitely no rush, but the definitions are super helpful.

Since Celestial isn't a thing, what other language would Ysildaë have grown up speaking? Not Common Aerti, obviously, would it have been Tâsolüm for religious purposes since most of her life has been spent tending a shrine? Which language makes the most sense?

What about the elven spoken in the First Lands? How are we defining it? Since it would be the elven that Muraisa knows, it would be helpful to understand how well our characters communicate.


Human Empiricist Investigator | Inspiration 4/4 | HP: 15/20 AC: 19 TAC: 14 FF: 15 CMD: 15 | +4 Initiative | +7(+1 traps/+2 dim) Perception | Saves: 1/7/3 | Speed 30 ft. | Darkvision 60ft.

I can't wait until I get inspiration for free on craft alchemy. That'll be a good time. Unfortunately failed the linguistics check by 2; I suppose we can spend more time with it?

Language stuff will be important on my end as well, but I'll take the backseat on that. I figure Maria studied more Ärh’Édheliti than other forms of Elvish? I'm unsure; what would someone of a scholastic mindset study as far as that language goes. Both or just one?


HP 18/18 Stamina 1/1| AC 16/13/13 | CMD 15 | Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +2 | Per +6 | Init +3
Class & Skills:
Fighter (Lore Warden) 1/Oracle (Dual-Cursed Warsighted) 1 | Acro. +10, Bluff +4, S.craft +7
Combat:
30 ft. (30 ft.) | Melee +5/+1/+4 (r/sw/k, lm, b) Full Attack +3/(-1) +2 (r/(sw), k, lm) Full Attack +3/(-1) +2/-5 (r/(sw), k, lm/b)| CMB +4 (+6 disarm); weapon cord attached: #1 Yes (rapier), #2 No
Maria Riedgasse wrote:

I can't wait until I get inspiration for free on craft alchemy. That'll be a good time. Unfortunately failed the linguistics check by 2; I suppose we can spend more time with it?

Well, if Ysildaë would make an aid another check with her own Linguistics skill, that'd be the +2 needed if it passes.


Female Aasimar (Muse Touched) (Noble Elf) Monk (Scaled Fist) 1/Samurai (Warrior Poet) 1 l HP: 21/21 l AC: 19/T: 19/FF: 14 l Fort: +4, Ref: +5, W: +0 l Init: +5 l Per: +5 I Sp: 40'

Ahaha that would be the blind leading the blind, but I'm always down to give an aid another.


Female Aasimar (Muse Touched) (Noble Elf) Monk (Scaled Fist) 1/Samurai (Warrior Poet) 1 l HP: 21/21 l AC: 19/T: 19/FF: 14 l Fort: +4, Ref: +5, W: +0 l Init: +5 l Per: +5 I Sp: 40'

Isn't there an npc who could help with locks and stuff.

Also, the crate is merely nailed shut. Anyone with a hammer could open it.


HP 18/18 Stamina 1/1| AC 16/13/13 | CMD 15 | Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +2 | Per +6 | Init +3
Class & Skills:
Fighter (Lore Warden) 1/Oracle (Dual-Cursed Warsighted) 1 | Acro. +10, Bluff +4, S.craft +7
Combat:
30 ft. (30 ft.) | Melee +5/+1/+4 (r/sw/k, lm, b) Full Attack +3/(-1) +2 (r/(sw), k, lm) Full Attack +3/(-1) +2/-5 (r/(sw), k, lm/b)| CMB +4 (+6 disarm); weapon cord attached: #1 Yes (rapier), #2 No
Ysildaë Ralomenor wrote:
Ahaha that would be the blind leading the blind, but I'm always down to give an aid another.

You only needed to roll an 8 at least, because your own bonus and Kayin's casting guidance on top of that would have been just enough.

Take it from the guy who has been spamming guidance and resistance for his group since this new campaign started, something is better than nothing :D.


Human Empiricist Investigator | Inspiration 4/4 | HP: 15/20 AC: 19 TAC: 14 FF: 15 CMD: 15 | +4 Initiative | +7(+1 traps/+2 dim) Perception | Saves: 1/7/3 | Speed 30 ft. | Darkvision 60ft.

I'm essentially playing the best skill monkey in Pathfinder exempting a certain oracle mystery (but only for knowledge checks and such), even above the rogue in most cases; so any unlocks, any knowledge checks, linguistics, you name it; Maria has got you covered. I've only got a few more feats/talents I wanna invest in combat before I go full into utility stuff.

Just fyi.


HP 18/18 Stamina 1/1| AC 16/13/13 | CMD 15 | Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +2 | Per +6 | Init +3
Class & Skills:
Fighter (Lore Warden) 1/Oracle (Dual-Cursed Warsighted) 1 | Acro. +10, Bluff +4, S.craft +7
Combat:
30 ft. (30 ft.) | Melee +5/+1/+4 (r/sw/k, lm, b) Full Attack +3/(-1) +2 (r/(sw), k, lm) Full Attack +3/(-1) +2/-5 (r/(sw), k, lm/b)| CMB +4 (+6 disarm); weapon cord attached: #1 Yes (rapier), #2 No

That's actually not too different from what Kayin is going for, though he's more going for combat support than skill monkey. It'll take time to come fully online, but he'll eventually be built to set targets up--via combat maneuvers--to be weakened, locked down, and more easily killed by the big hitters. Throw in Martial Flexibility for when he needs to fill in for (or add to) some fighting prowess.

Spells are going to be a bit of grab-bag of whatever's useful, though I'll trying to avoid stuff that has a save to weaken/negate the effect. Though some spells will be chosen because they suit Kayin's particular backstory, even if they're not necessarily the best choice.


Female Aasimar (Muse Touched) (Noble Elf) Monk (Scaled Fist) 1/Samurai (Warrior Poet) 1 l HP: 21/21 l AC: 19/T: 19/FF: 14 l Fort: +4, Ref: +5, W: +0 l Init: +5 l Per: +5 I Sp: 40'

Poor Maria has been cursed by the dice gods though. :-p


Female Aasimar (Muse Touched) (Noble Elf) Monk (Scaled Fist) 1/Samurai (Warrior Poet) 1 l HP: 21/21 l AC: 19/T: 19/FF: 14 l Fort: +4, Ref: +5, W: +0 l Init: +5 l Per: +5 I Sp: 40'
Kayin Ashok wrote:
Ysildaë Ralomenor wrote:
Ahaha that would be the blind leading the blind, but I'm always down to give an aid another.

You only needed to roll an 8 at least, because your own bonus and Kayin's casting guidance on top of that would have been just enough.

Take it from the guy who has been spamming guidance and resistance for his group since this new campaign started, something is better than nothing :D.

It's not the numerical roll that I find amusing, it's that of all people she possess little facility with language not her own. Though if the cipher involved poetry, she would be your girl


HP 18/18 Stamina 1/1| AC 16/13/13 | CMD 15 | Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +2 | Per +6 | Init +3
Class & Skills:
Fighter (Lore Warden) 1/Oracle (Dual-Cursed Warsighted) 1 | Acro. +10, Bluff +4, S.craft +7
Combat:
30 ft. (30 ft.) | Melee +5/+1/+4 (r/sw/k, lm, b) Full Attack +3/(-1) +2 (r/(sw), k, lm) Full Attack +3/(-1) +2/-5 (r/(sw), k, lm/b)| CMB +4 (+6 disarm); weapon cord attached: #1 Yes (rapier), #2 No
Ysildaë Ralomenor wrote:
It's not the numerical roll that I find amusing, it's that of all people she possess little facility with language not her own. Though if the cipher involved poetry, she would be your girl.

Interesting. I wonder then how that would aid another check would actually play out. Did she see patterns in the text that were only apparent because she's not a native speaker?


HP 21/22 | Init +1 | AC 22, ff 20, touch 12 | Fort +6, Ref +0, Will +5 | Move 20' | Perception +8 (darkvision) | Propitiation: Diplomacy | Combat stamina 3/3 | Artificer 6/6, Runeforger 2\5

Hi all!

So Wednesday became Friday, and now I'm trying to get everything done before going on vacation with the family for the week!

Long story short, apologies! GM, please bot Toraim as you see fit? You can always leave him behind if you prefer, and we can have him rejoin at an opportune moment...

I'll catch up when I get back!

301 to 350 of 378 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post Discussion / Talanor, the Last Haven Discussion (Table #1) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.