Table 2 - GM Worg's Gallows of Madness (Inactive)

Game Master Kyle "Worg" H

Maps and Handouts | Chronicles


51 to 100 of 855 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

Male NG Grippli | Inquisitor 3, Kineticist 1, Rogue 3 | HP 68/68 | AC 22 T 17 FF 16 | CMB +0, CMD 16 | F: +11, R: +13 (Evasion), W: +9 | Init: +9 | Perc: +10 vs. traps +11, SM: +10, Dipl.: +13 | Diplomacy reroll 3/3 | Chaldira Reroll 1/1 | T-Shirt Reroll 1/1 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions:

Aaftaab raises an eyebrow.

”Just because they were playing with magic this does not mean that the potion brewer knows something! I would rather go through town and try to gather information with your leaflet from the mayor and go to the graveyard. Maybe with more facts we can find better clues?!“ she asks.

The Exchange

M Human (Shoanti/Kellid) Fighter2/Bloodrager1 | HP 23/28 | AC:20 T:11 FF:19 CMD:19 | F:+7 R:+1 W:-1 | Init: +1 | Per: +3 | Rage: 3/6 | CLW: 5/6

Marrowtusk looks at the newest member of their party. "Friend, I know you just got here but try ta keep up, we already spent time gatherin information in town and the mayor told us ta talk ta the apprentice's masters for facts and clues. There are 4 masters left on our list and one of them happens ta deal with magic which Alcie from the tavern said they had a hunch the apprentices were gettin inta."

I just recapped all of our information in the last post, why exactly do you want to do the opposite of what I'm suggesting? xD Talking to the masters would get more facts. The graveyard isn't the type of place you normally get information. And I'm not randomly suggesting that the potion master knows something because it's magic related, I'm suggesting them because they're literally on our list of apprentices and the master at the tavern said they suspected the apprentices were getting into something they didn't approve of, probably magic. So let's follow the clues and talk to them next? Or am I missing something? I'm legitimately confused by your raised eyebrow.

Liberty's Edge

| Varisia Adventures Loot| Varisia Adventures Handouts | Adventures in Varisia Maps |

GM is also kind of lost by this.

The Exchange

M Human (Shoanti/Kellid) Fighter2/Bloodrager1 | HP 23/28 | AC:20 T:11 FF:19 CMD:19 | F:+7 R:+1 W:-1 | Init: +1 | Per: +3 | Rage: 3/6 | CLW: 5/6

Not trying to be negative or anything! We'll just see what everyone else votes on and move accordingly. :)

Liberty's Edge

| Varisia Adventures Loot| Varisia Adventures Handouts | Adventures in Varisia Maps |

Well, just to help nudge things along, I am going to provide information in spoilers. The party can attempt to meet with the individual locations and try to convince the locals to help with information. I know Diplomacy is not strong in this group, so I will encourage creative writing to supplement on that particular skill check.

Skill checks will be in the spoilers.

List of Missing Apprentices/Leads:

List of Missing Apprentices
Betrona Pindlion—apprentice of haberdasher Petrellano Pindlion
Gellion Vazarro—apprentice at Pricknettle’s Potions and Poultices
Morvinarr Albusin—apprentice at Witch’s End tavern
Noemi Tauralio—apprentice at Gunty’s Hearty Breads
Nolaria Wintren—apprentice of the temple and Father Ildris Ruvarra
Pavolus Laterna—apprentice of cobbler Dependable Drummady

Petrello's Haberdashery:

The haberdashery owned by Petrello Pindlion (LN male human expert 2) is nowhere near the most prominent or successful in the town, but it is the only one with a missing apprentice. Petrello started this business to support himself and his daughter Betrona when he and Drummady separated. He was a terrible cobbler, and he is no better as a haberdasher; the people of Saringallow cruelly comment that his hats look more like shoes than his shoes ever did.
The place is a mess, and he is disinclined to speak with visitors; his starting attitude is unfriendly, and all he’ll say to you is, “It’s that apothecary boy’s fault. He’s a bad influence, that one!”

Diplomacy DC25

Spoiler:

Petrello shares that he suspects Gellion and Nolaria of getting the other apprentices into some sort of trouble. Despite strictly forbidding it, he suspects that Betrona met with her friends anyway— perhaps in the town’s orchard or graveyard—and that if she had only listened to her father, none of this would have happened.

Pricknettle’s Potions and Poultices:

The town’s foremost apothecary, Majara Pricknettle, hails from the Isgeri gnome settlement of Umok. Tragedy struck her family during the Goblinblood Wars, and she fled Umok to distance herself from those painful memories.

Saringallow, with its high walls and townsfolk who keep their distance, in addition to its small but established gnome population, suited her needs quite well. She settled there permanently, vowing never to return home.

After several years, as the townsfolk finally warmed toward her, Majara decided to take on Gellion as her apprentice, seeing the benefit of passing her skills on to other locals. What started as a strictly businesslike master-apprentice relationship turned friendly as Gellion charmed the gnome with his inquisitiveness and quirky gregariousness. This friendship blossomed as time passed, and now Majara is as fond and protective of Gellion as a she would be toward her own child, though she does not often let it show to the young man, let alone to others.

Majara is relatively curt but friendly, and extols the virtues of the alchemical wares she has for sale, answering any questions
that you might have about that topic. However, she tries to change the subject if you bring up Gellion, and she professes disinterest about any other missing apprentices you might mention.
Diplomacy DC18. If you roll it and fail, you may try a Sense Motive DC15

Spoiler:

She reveals that she has not seen Gellion in several days, and that she suspects that Nolaria Wintren, the apprentice at the temple of Erastil, might have something to do with his disappearance. Majara views the priest’s apprentice as a meddler who puts dangerous ideas into Gellion’s head.

Gunty's Heaty Breads:

The five apprentices at the largest bakery in Saringallow are afraid of nothing more than their stern master, Gunty Keronna (LN male human expert 2/warrior 2). A veteran of the Goblinblood Wars, his severe leg injury only soured his already surly disposition. After the war, rather than begging for his livelihood like so many of his former comrades-in-arms, he devoted himself to making “the heartiest damn breads this side o’ the river.”
One of Keronna’s apprentices, Noemi, has been absent since her abduction 2 days ago by Gellion, though Gunty believes she’s simply sulking after receiving a particularly vicious upbraiding for burning a pan of rolls.

If you present yourself as helpful with displays of strength, he may open up to you DC 12 Strength Check. If you discuss the topic of the Goblinblood Wars and a past battle he may also be interested in talking DC 18 Knowledge History Check.

Spoiler:

The baker grouses about the time Noemi spends with her “no-good friends,” and reveals that he believes Noemi and the other apprentices are planning some sort of trick in retaliation for his strict rules. On recent nights, the baker has been hearing buzzing noises and seeing strange flickering lights, “like torches flying through the sky,” near the town’s central orchard. Whatever the apprentices are planning, Keronna is convinced that the orchard is their staging ground. He’s tried to investigate, but all he’s found so far is a bunch of trampled fruit.

Dependable Drummady's:

Saringallow’s most successful cobbler, “Dependable” Drummady Laterna (NG female human expert 4), has a reputation for making the sturdiest footwear in town at reasonable prices, and is willing to repair any shoe purchased from her store at a steep discount. Her business truly took off 3 years ago when she split with her husband Petrello, who tried to exercise control over the business even though he is a far inferior crafter than Drummady.
Petrello and Drummady also bumped heads over their children, Pavolus and Betrona. Pavolus is Drummady’s apprentice, and Betrona is Petrello’s apprentice. Their father is terribly strict with them, while their mother is far more permissive. The largest point of contention between the parents is Petrello’s disapproval of Pavolus’s interest in Gellion, who the haberdasher believes is a distraction and not nearly good enough for his son.

When you approach the cobbler’s shop, you find Drummady in a state of grim resolve. She refuses to allow her business to falter because her children are missing. She is practical and avoids engaging in chitchat with you.

Diplomacy DC15 lets you read the spoiler. If you cannot make it, you can try sense motive or perception for some other info.

Spoiler:

Drummady reveals that Gellion was certainly the most charismatic of the missing apprentices, and usually acted as the group’s de facto leader. She also reveals that Pavolus recently made Gellion a pair of bright yellow boots as a gift—a fact. that she emphasizes to display her son’s kindness, and to criticize her ex-husband’s disapproval of him.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Human (Shoanti/Kellid) Fighter2/Bloodrager1 | HP 23/28 | AC:20 T:11 FF:19 CMD:19 | F:+7 R:+1 W:-1 | Init: +1 | Per: +3 | Rage: 3/6 | CLW: 5/6

Marrowtusk's stomach began rumbling from the free meal he had earlier at the tavern, the large human requiring more than just a single chicken to energize him for the adventure. He decides to go and question the baker about his apprentice at Gunty's Heaty Breads, hoping that he might get some extra carbs to fuel the machine he calls his body. "Good day friend, my name's Marrowtusk with the Pathfinder Society and I'm here ta get some information on ya missin apprentice. Do ya need some help?"

Strength Check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Oh jesus christ Marrowtusk... I guess I'm using my character folio reroll already.

Strength Check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Liberty's Edge

| Varisia Adventures Loot| Varisia Adventures Handouts | Adventures in Varisia Maps |
Marrowtusk wrote:


[dice=Strength Check]1d20 + 6

Oh jesus christ Marrowtusk... I guess I'm using my character folio reroll already.

[dice=Strength Check]1d20 + 6

And now I am laughing my balls off. You get his info that he shares in the spoiler.

To everyone else, feel free to check out the other locations.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Human (Shoanti/Kellid) Fighter2/Bloodrager1 | HP 23/28 | AC:20 T:11 FF:19 CMD:19 | F:+7 R:+1 W:-1 | Init: +1 | Per: +3 | Rage: 3/6 | CLW: 5/6

Marrowtusk helps the baker with some of his tasks to gain some favor with him. Because of his bad leg, Gunty has Marrowtusk carry some heavy barrels for him but unbeknownst to Gunty, even though Marrowtusk looked like he was carrying them with ease, in fact he found himself oddly struggling with the light barrels that a disabled veteran would normally be able to carry on his own and embarrassingly did his best to hide it and finish the bakers tasks for his information.

Before splitting up to their different areas of investigation, he mentions they should probably meet back up at the tavern when everyone is ready to share information and pick the next area to head towards, so he heads back there to wait for the others.

Alright it's up to you guys to get the others, lol. This is all I can do but I think I've got some great info! And sorry I'm so active guys, I haven't played Pathfinder in like a year and I'm excited to get back on this character so I'm going to be obsessively playing. x_x

Silver Crusade

Male NG Grippli | Inquisitor 3, Kineticist 1, Rogue 3 | HP 68/68 | AC 22 T 17 FF 16 | CMB +0, CMD 16 | F: +11, R: +13 (Evasion), W: +9 | Init: +9 | Perc: +10 vs. traps +11, SM: +10, Dipl.: +13 | Diplomacy reroll 3/3 | Chaldira Reroll 1/1 | T-Shirt Reroll 1/1 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions:
Marrowtusk wrote:
Not trying to be negative or anything! We'll just see what everyone else votes on and move accordingly. :)

Ha ha! ;-) sorry for any confusion but that’s the bi*** character and not me. You gathered the info before she arrived. I am completely supportive of going through the list. :-D

Silver Crusade

Male NG Grippli | Inquisitor 3, Kineticist 1, Rogue 3 | HP 68/68 | AC 22 T 17 FF 16 | CMB +0, CMD 16 | F: +11, R: +13 (Evasion), W: +9 | Init: +9 | Perc: +10 vs. traps +11, SM: +10, Dipl.: +13 | Diplomacy reroll 3/3 | Chaldira Reroll 1/1 | T-Shirt Reroll 1/1 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions:
Marrowtusk wrote:

Marrowtusk looks at the newest member of their party. "Friend, I know you just got here but try ta keep up, we already spent time gatherin information in town and the mayor told us ta talk ta the apprentice's masters for facts and clues. There are 4 masters left on our list and one of them happens ta deal with magic which Alcie from the tavern said they had a hunch the apprentices were gettin inta."

Aaftaab rolls her eyes.

”Are you saying I am not smart? And you could have told me all this before! Paahh... no gentlemen in the Society! And we should not split!! Never heard of that one?!“ she says and starts walking.

- -

Amused she watches Marrowtusk support the Baker but does not offer any help.

”This is not the kind of work I do! But you did better than I thought!“ she says smiling.

Aaftaab decides to visit Petrello's Haberdashery and asks the group to accompany her.

”Hello Mr. Petrello, I am happy to find you here! This is a letter of introduction from the mayor. I hope that you understand that we are on official business here and we would very much like to understand if you know anything about the disappearance of the apprentices in this town as well as any sightings of strange insect!? You will of course support this community and help these young kids to follow the path to redemption!“ she says with concern for the kids.

Diplomacy : 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

The Exchange

M Grippli "Honest" Sailor 3 | HP: 20/28 | AC: 19 | T: 15 | FF: 15 | CMD: 16 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +9 | Will: +3 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9 | SM: +8 | Speed 30 ft. & Climb 20 ft.
Tracked resources:
Faith Healing: 1/1 ; Toxic Skin: 0/1 ; Grit: 2/3

Popole follows Marrowtusk along like a dog. A big green and muddy dog. Not saying a word, he looks the large man doing an impressive show of pure strength and claps unenthusiastically.

Speaking and rumbling in open town... I hate those missions. I was never good at that.

After that, he sees Aaftaab heading towards a weird store... clothes? Popole shrugs and thinks again how humans like to waste their time. He instead heads towards the potion master instead.

Since it was some kind of magic, I'd say a potion shaman, like Ma Warts in the village, are the best at it in these remote villages...

Arriving at the apothecary, Popole is relieved to see that she's not a longleg. A grippli of few words, he introduces himself to explain the motive of his visit:
"*Ribbit.*" he says, in a respectful way.

After a small but awkward pause, he opens his mouth wide.
"I am Popole. I am with a group deputized by the mayor. We look for some younglings that disappeared. I heard Gellion was one of them. Could you tell me more about him? Do you anything about his habit with magics? Was there anything unusual about him before he disappeared?"

Diplo?: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (16) - 2 = 14

Sense Motive anyway: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 Come on! Really? xD

The Exchange

M Human (Shoanti/Kellid) Fighter2/Bloodrager1 | HP 23/28 | AC:20 T:11 FF:19 CMD:19 | F:+7 R:+1 W:-1 | Init: +1 | Per: +3 | Rage: 3/6 | CLW: 5/6

Marrowtusk came along with Popole after the other two visits and stood as his guard while he spoke with the potion master. He didn't bother to aid diplomatically but upon Popole's failure, Marrowtusk too might have noticed something?

Sense Motive: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19

Oh! At first I was like, hmmmm would I be able to aid his sense motive roll and maybe get it up above the 15 but I guess that won't matter, haha. Damn I should have tried Diplomacy. Well this is a great start, roll a 1 for my Strength and a 20 for my Sense Motive. x_x

The Exchange

M Human (Shoanti/Kellid) Fighter2/Bloodrager1 | HP 23/28 | AC:20 T:11 FF:19 CMD:19 | F:+7 R:+1 W:-1 | Init: +1 | Per: +3 | Rage: 3/6 | CLW: 5/6

Just recapping information that the party would be discussing on their way to the fourth area if we want to make an attempt there, maybe from our other party members who haven't spoken yet? xD

From the two new spots we learn that they're suspicious of the Temple of Erastil's apprentice who we already know is the wild adventurous one that probably led them all into trouble, and the baker says that he's seen crazy flickering lights and buzzing sounds (insects?) at the town's center orchard and he thinks for sure that's they're staging grounds. So the old graveyard might still be an idea but it sounds like the orchard would be the main spot to check out.

Liberty's Edge

| Varisia Adventures Loot| Varisia Adventures Handouts | Adventures in Varisia Maps |

To speed things up, Marrowtusk is correct. The party has managed to find the rumors that say the apprentices were in the Graveyard and in the Orchard. Talking to more villagers won't get you any other details.

The Exchange

M Human (Shoanti/Kellid) Fighter2/Bloodrager1 | HP 23/28 | AC:20 T:11 FF:19 CMD:19 | F:+7 R:+1 W:-1 | Init: +1 | Per: +3 | Rage: 3/6 | CLW: 5/6

"It's settled then, we've spoken ta all the masters so now it's time ta pick where ta go next. Let's take the day ta buy some last minute supplies and when ya ready ta leave, let everyone know what ya vote is. I say let's go straight ta the orchard."

Throw in your vote and at the end of the day that's where we'll go next, if you need supplies before the upcoming battles make sure you buy stuff in town!

Silver Crusade

Male NG Grippli | Inquisitor 3, Kineticist 1, Rogue 3 | HP 68/68 | AC 22 T 17 FF 16 | CMB +0, CMD 16 | F: +11, R: +13 (Evasion), W: +9 | Init: +9 | Perc: +10 vs. traps +11, SM: +10, Dipl.: +13 | Diplomacy reroll 3/3 | Chaldira Reroll 1/1 | T-Shirt Reroll 1/1 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions:

”Then lets go!“

Liberty's Edge

nit +5; Senses low-light vision; Perception +6 ————— Defense ————— AC 17, touch 11, flat-footed 15 (+4 armor, +1 Dex, +1 shield) hp 14 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

The warpriestess is ready when the group is.

Liberty's Edge

| Varisia Adventures Loot| Varisia Adventures Handouts | Adventures in Varisia Maps |

The Pathfinders make their way to the Saringallow Orchard...

Rows of neglected apple trees sway in the wind, and the occasional rotting, worm-eaten fruit falls with a wet thud to the ground below. The earth is heavily trampled near the southern end of the orchard, and an overturned barrel of apples lies broken on its side, exuding a sickly sweet scent.

Survival DC15:

You observe that two humanoid creatures fought here several days ago, and the victor half-carried the loser—a very large person—away to the south. The trail ends at the edge of the orchard.

Perception DC18:

You notice thin strands of a purplish-black substance clinging to a nearby tree. A patch of bark beneath the strands has begun to decay, and all of the tree’s fruit has fallen to the ground.

Please determine your marching order. We will be using a map soon.

The Exchange

M Grippli "Honest" Sailor 3 | HP: 20/28 | AC: 19 | T: 15 | FF: 15 | CMD: 16 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +9 | Will: +3 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9 | SM: +8 | Speed 30 ft. & Climb 20 ft.
Tracked resources:
Faith Healing: 1/1 ; Toxic Skin: 0/1 ; Grit: 2/3

Better off in an orchard than in a cemetary, Popole is glad to head this way. He stays on his guards during the group's travel. He holds his light crossbow, loaded.

Survival: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12 +2 to track
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

After entering the orchard, he points at a nearby tree to show the others thin strands of a purplish-black substance clinging to it. A patch of bark beneath the strands has begun to decay, and all of the tree’s fruit has fallen to the ground.

"Silence..." says the grippli.

Position: Being a ranged fighter, he can be after the first line or even at the back.

The Exchange

M Human (Shoanti/Kellid) Fighter2/Bloodrager1 | HP 23/28 | AC:20 T:11 FF:19 CMD:19 | F:+7 R:+1 W:-1 | Init: +1 | Per: +3 | Rage: 3/6 | CLW: 5/6

Marrowtusk will lead at the front of the group, making sure to protect his fellow Pathfinders with his greataxe in both hands, ready to charge down anything that looks dangerous. "Watch out for that stuff, stay away from that tree." He heads over to the area that has been walked on to look around.

Survival: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9

The Exchange

M Human (Shoanti/Kellid) Fighter2/Bloodrager1 | HP 23/28 | AC:20 T:11 FF:19 CMD:19 | F:+7 R:+1 W:-1 | Init: +1 | Per: +3 | Rage: 3/6 | CLW: 5/6

Pokes everyone with a stick.

Liberty's Edge

nit +5; Senses low-light vision; Perception +6 ————— Defense ————— AC 17, touch 11, flat-footed 15 (+4 armor, +1 Dex, +1 shield) hp 14 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

She points out what she sees.

survival 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Liberty's Edge

| Varisia Adventures Loot| Varisia Adventures Handouts | Adventures in Varisia Maps |

You notice there are these particularly large beetles on the ground. They appear to be waking up at your presence.

Knowledge Planes or Knowledge Nature DC6:

Fiendish Fire Beetles.
These fiendish beetles resemble normal fire beetles, but their spots shed light like torches instead of their usual greenish-yellow glow.
1 Question at 11, 2 Questions at 16

The Exchange

M Human (Shoanti/Kellid) Fighter2/Bloodrager1 | HP 23/28 | AC:20 T:11 FF:19 CMD:19 | F:+7 R:+1 W:-1 | Init: +1 | Per: +3 | Rage: 3/6 | CLW: 5/6

Marrowtusk has no knowledge, about anything, so he does the only thing he knows and holds his greataxe up, ready to swing at the beetles if they prove to be aggressive. "Wake up friends, somethin is goin on."

Liberty's Edge

nit +5; Senses low-light vision; Perception +6 ————— Defense ————— AC 17, touch 11, flat-footed 15 (+4 armor, +1 Dex, +1 shield) hp 14 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

She readies her whip.

The Exchange

M Grippli "Honest" Sailor 3 | HP: 20/28 | AC: 19 | T: 15 | FF: 15 | CMD: 16 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +9 | Will: +3 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9 | SM: +8 | Speed 30 ft. & Climb 20 ft.
Tracked resources:
Faith Healing: 1/1 ; Toxic Skin: 0/1 ; Grit: 2/3

GM:

Knowledge Nature: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Elemental resistances?

Popole makes a calming gesture, while aiming with his crossbow the nearest beetle.

"Fiendish fire beetles." says the grippli, not leaving the creatures from his sight.

Liberty's Edge

| Varisia Adventures Loot| Varisia Adventures Handouts | Adventures in Varisia Maps |

Popole:

Fire Resistance 5

Liberty's Edge

| Varisia Adventures Loot| Varisia Adventures Handouts | Adventures in Varisia Maps |

The Beetles are about to attack! When a strange man wearing robes appears! He fights alongside the Pathfinders! Reginald.

GM Screen:

Marrowtusk Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Popole Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Aaftab Initiative: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Anthelea Calenbriars Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Reginald Gerbin III Initiative: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Red Beetle Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 7
Blue Beetle Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 10
Yellow Beetle Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 5

Round 1: FIGHT!
Battlefield Conditions: Normal Light
Reginald(-0,Fine)
Popole(-0,Fine)
Anthelea(-0,Fine)
Marrowtusk(-0,Fine)
Aaftab(-0,Fine)

Blue Beetle(-0,Fine)
Red Beetle(-0,Fine)
Yellow Beetle(-0,Fine)

In theory, this shouldn't be a long fight.

The Exchange

M Human (Shoanti/Kellid) Fighter2/Bloodrager1 | HP 23/28 | AC:20 T:11 FF:19 CMD:19 | F:+7 R:+1 W:-1 | Init: +1 | Per: +3 | Rage: 3/6 | CLW: 5/6

Marrowtusk doesn't even bother swinging his greataxe at these tiny creatures, moving up to try and smash one with the spikes along the arm of his armor.

Armor Spikes: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Edit: Whoops, forgot my target, Blue Beatle!

Liberty's Edge

| Varisia Adventures Loot| Varisia Adventures Handouts | Adventures in Varisia Maps |

Round 1: FIGHT!
Battlefield Conditions: Normal Light
Reginald(-0,Fine)
Popole(-0,Fine)
Anthelea(-0,Fine)

Marrowtusk(-0,Fine)
Aaftab(-0,Fine)
Blue Beetle(-10,Crunched)
Red Beetle(-0,Fine)
Yellow Beetle(-0,Fine)

The Blue Beetle is crushed beneath the armor spikes of Marrowtusk!

Dark Archive

Male CG Human Witch 5 | HP 27/27 | AC *16 T 12 FF *14 | CMB +0, CMD 12 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +4 | Init: +8 | Perc: +10, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 3/5 2nd 1/4 3rd 2/2 | Active conditions: Mage Armor

Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

"Oh, would you look at that!" exclaims Reginald happily. "Fire beetles! And..." he squints, "fiendish ones at that! What are they doing in a happy little orchard like this one?" He shakes his head sadly. "They never appreciate my wit. Or perhaps they do, but they never show it."

Delay - unless that knowledge check reveals that they are not immune to mind-affecting effects.

Silver Crusade

Male NG Grippli | Inquisitor 3, Kineticist 1, Rogue 3 | HP 68/68 | AC 22 T 17 FF 16 | CMB +0, CMD 16 | F: +11, R: +13 (Evasion), W: +9 | Init: +9 | Perc: +10 vs. traps +11, SM: +10, Dipl.: +13 | Diplomacy reroll 3/3 | Chaldira Reroll 1/1 | T-Shirt Reroll 1/1 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions:

Aftaab walks forward and attacks to do nonlethal damage with her scimitar!

Scimitar, Dervish Dance feat for Dex to hit, Blade of mercy trait for non-lethal damage w/o -4 to hit : 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Scimitar, Dervish Dance feat for Dex to damage, Blade of mercy trait for non-lethal +1 to damage : 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Free action: If that was a hit then using ‘Enforcer’ feat to Intimidate/Demoralize as a free action to give the opponent the ‘shaken’ condition for as many rounds as the opponent received non-lethal damage.

Intimidate vs. DC 10 + the target’s Hit Dice + the target’s Wisdom modifier : 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Liberty's Edge

nit +5; Senses low-light vision; Perception +6 ————— Defense ————— AC 17, touch 11, flat-footed 15 (+4 armor, +1 Dex, +1 shield) hp 14 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

She moves up to within range of her whip (15') and lashes at one of the bugs
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
1d6 ⇒ 2

Liberty's Edge

| Varisia Adventures Loot| Varisia Adventures Handouts | Adventures in Varisia Maps |

@Reginald Your knowledge reveals they have Fire Resistance 5 and thats about it.

@Aaftaab You spared the Fiendish beetle a merciful fate that it would not give you in return. It is now unconscious.

Liberty's Edge

nit +5; Senses low-light vision; Perception +6 ————— Defense ————— AC 17, touch 11, flat-footed 15 (+4 armor, +1 Dex, +1 shield) hp 14 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

that is funny, knocking out a bug

The Exchange

M Grippli "Honest" Sailor 3 | HP: 20/28 | AC: 19 | T: 15 | FF: 15 | CMD: 16 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +9 | Will: +3 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9 | SM: +8 | Speed 30 ft. & Climb 20 ft.
Tracked resources:
Faith Healing: 1/1 ; Toxic Skin: 0/1 ; Grit: 2/3

Popole steps closer and points at the yellow bug.

"Hit the abdomen!" he shouts.

FREEBOOTER'S BANE: +1 to hit / +1 to damage against my target!

He then shoots a bolt at said beatle.

Mstwk Light Crossbow, FB: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 8 + 1 = 25 for Bolt: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Liberty's Edge

| Varisia Adventures Loot| Varisia Adventures Handouts | Adventures in Varisia Maps |

The last beetle flies towards the party before dropping unconscious.
Popole made it staggered.

Liberty's Edge

| Varisia Adventures Loot| Varisia Adventures Handouts | Adventures in Varisia Maps |

Combat Over!

You stand triumphant over the one dead and two unconscious beetles. They appear very fiendish in nature now that you get a closer look, as though something foul here is corrupting the local wildlife. Putting them out of their misery may be the most merciful thing you can do.

A gooey snotty purple slime coats the beetles as well as a nearby tree. It appears evil in nature.

How to Destroy it? Knowledge Planes DC10:

A Cold Iron weapon, Good Aligned damage, or Positive Energy should do.

You have explored the Orchard, and while you have not found the apprentices, you have found something sinister. Do you proceed to the Graveyard in your search?

The Exchange

M Human (Shoanti/Kellid) Fighter2/Bloodrager1 | HP 23/28 | AC:20 T:11 FF:19 CMD:19 | F:+7 R:+1 W:-1 | Init: +1 | Per: +3 | Rage: 3/6 | CLW: 5/6

Marrowtusk eyeballs the other two beetles but leaves them for the party to decide on as he makes sure to have a second look around before they decide to head to the graveyard. "If ya not gonna put em out of they misery, friends. I'll do it."

The Exchange

M Grippli "Honest" Sailor 3 | HP: 20/28 | AC: 19 | T: 15 | FF: 15 | CMD: 16 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +9 | Will: +3 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9 | SM: +8 | Speed 30 ft. & Climb 20 ft.
Tracked resources:
Faith Healing: 1/1 ; Toxic Skin: 0/1 ; Grit: 2/3

Popole shrugs. "Fiendish beetles. Who's gonna complain?" he says, as he stabs to death the beetles with his trident.

"Now. Let's go to the graveyard. I hope the teens are still in good shape."

Liberty's Edge

| Varisia Adventures Loot| Varisia Adventures Handouts | Adventures in Varisia Maps |

One thing I missed; you find a Masterwork Sap on the ground.

Dark Archive

Male CG Human Witch 5 | HP 27/27 | AC *16 T 12 FF *14 | CMB +0, CMD 12 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +4 | Init: +8 | Perc: +10, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 3/5 2nd 1/4 3rd 2/2 | Active conditions: Mage Armor

Reginald automatically makes the DC.

"What's this?" Reginald says as the rest of the party squishes beetles. "What a fascinating substance! Most definitely evil - do you think it would turn my hand purple if I touched it?"

A loud caw from a raven perched on his hat startles the man, and he quickly pulls back the hand reaching for the slime just seconds before.

"Oh, you're quite right Casovir. Hmm. Well, does anyone have a cold iron weapon? Or perhaps one aligned with the energy from the good planes? Or, hmm, maybe just positive energy?" He furrows his brow in contemplation.

The Exchange

M Human (Shoanti/Kellid) Fighter2/Bloodrager1 | HP 23/28 | AC:20 T:11 FF:19 CMD:19 | F:+7 R:+1 W:-1 | Init: +1 | Per: +3 | Rage: 3/6 | CLW: 5/6

"Sorry, just normal metal here." Marrowtusk bangs his gauntlets against his full plate. "If it's evil I say we leave it alone and go check out the graveyard." Marrowtusk will pick up the Masterwork Sap and toss it into his bag unless someone else wants to use it. He's merely taking it because his weight capacity is like a billion pounds.

Liberty's Edge

nit +5; Senses low-light vision; Perception +6 ————— Defense ————— AC 17, touch 11, flat-footed 15 (+4 armor, +1 Dex, +1 shield) hp 14 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

A sap can be used in so many ways. I wonder who left it here? she asks

Silver Crusade

Male NG Grippli | Inquisitor 3, Kineticist 1, Rogue 3 | HP 68/68 | AC 22 T 17 FF 16 | CMB +0, CMD 16 | F: +11, R: +13 (Evasion), W: +9 | Init: +9 | Perc: +10 vs. traps +11, SM: +10, Dipl.: +13 | Diplomacy reroll 3/3 | Chaldira Reroll 1/1 | T-Shirt Reroll 1/1 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions:

"I do not have any cold iron - very sorry! Let us then go to the graveyard." she says expectantly.

Liberty's Edge

| Varisia Adventures Loot| Varisia Adventures Handouts | Adventures in Varisia Maps |

Hundreds of small grave markers stand between a few large mausoleums in this graveyard. Crows leer from the gravestones, scattering when other creatures draw near, only to resettle some distance away.

Survival DC15 or 3d10 Minutes Searching:

You are able to determine tracks of perhaps teenage humanoids moving through here.

Perception DC25:

The area is particularly quiet, save for one very noisy raven by a mausoleum.
Knowledge Arcana DC18
Spoiler:

The raven is showing properties that would most likely make it a familiar to a spellcaster. It appears flustered and panicked.

Liberty's Edge

nit +5; Senses low-light vision; Perception +6 ————— Defense ————— AC 17, touch 11, flat-footed 15 (+4 armor, +1 Dex, +1 shield) hp 14 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

Survival 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Silver Crusade

Male NG Grippli | Inquisitor 3, Kineticist 1, Rogue 3 | HP 68/68 | AC 22 T 17 FF 16 | CMB +0, CMD 16 | F: +11, R: +13 (Evasion), W: +9 | Init: +9 | Perc: +10 vs. traps +11, SM: +10, Dipl.: +13 | Diplomacy reroll 3/3 | Chaldira Reroll 1/1 | T-Shirt Reroll 1/1 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions:

Survival DC 15: 1d20 ⇒ 10

Liberty's Edge

nit +5; Senses low-light vision; Perception +6 ————— Defense ————— AC 17, touch 11, flat-footed 15 (+4 armor, +1 Dex, +1 shield) hp 14 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

Oh so close and yet so far away, lol

The Exchange

M Grippli "Honest" Sailor 3 | HP: 20/28 | AC: 19 | T: 15 | FF: 15 | CMD: 16 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +9 | Will: +3 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9 | SM: +8 | Speed 30 ft. & Climb 20 ft.
Tracked resources:
Faith Healing: 1/1 ; Toxic Skin: 0/1 ; Grit: 2/3

Survival (track): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

"Tracks of teenage humanoids. There." he concisely says.

51 to 100 of 855 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Table 2 - GM Worg's Gallows of Madness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.