DM NomadSage's Emerald Spire

Game Master nomadicc


401 to 450 of 1,053 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Male Dwarf Cleric of Cayden Cailen (HP: 43/43, AC: 19 (21 w/shield); F: 10 / R: 5 / W: 10; Perception: +8)
Resources:
  • Hero Pts: 1
  • Channels: 2/2
  • Spells: 1st: magic weapon, heal x2
  • 2nd: sound burst x2
  • Wand of Heal: 1/1 day
  • "It's an overgrown goblin with a hair growth problem. Seems angry.
    Careful, 'e's gotta bow."

    Grand Lodge

    Male Dwarf Fighter 3; HP 46/46; AC 18; Fort +9; Ref +9; Will +9; Perc +9

    Ben summons an arcane creature to assist with the battle.

    3 actions to summon a...uh, dog I guess.

    The dog bites the hairy bowman.

    Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
    Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4
    Bonus Damage?: 1d4 ⇒ 4

    Dog:

    Guard Dog Creature 0
    Senses Perception +5; low-light vision, scent 30 feet
    Speed 30 feet

    DEFENSES

    AC 13, TAC 12; Fort +4, Ref +2, Will –1
    HP 8

    ACTIONS

    1A Melee jaws +5, Damage 1d4 piercing Pack Attack The dog’s Strikes deal 1d4 extra damage to creatures within the reach of at least two of the dog’s allies.

    STATISTICS

    Languages —; Skills –2; Acrobatics +5, Athletics +4, Stealth +5
    Str +0, Dex +1, Con +2, Int –4, Wis +0, Cha –1


    Round One: Grulk, The Keg, Mikos, Ben, Rodi

    The Keg heals Mikos, who coughs back to consciousness. Ben summons a hound on the bugbear's perch. It snaps at him but only snatches some cloth.

    Rodi runs out. The bugbear shoots an arrow, narrowly missing the gnome by an inch. Rodi jumps up and climbs up onto the canopy.

    Grulk readied attack vs Rodi: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 8 - 2 = 15; Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

    Swap the attack for an Athletics to climb the bed...

    Actions for R2?

    Grand Lodge

    Male Dwarf Fighter 3; HP 46/46; AC 18; Fort +9; Ref +9; Will +9; Perc +9

    Status:

    Hit Points 9/19
    Spell Points 4/4
    Hero Points 1/3
    Resonance 0/0
    Rest and Prepare
    Medium, 5 ft. Space, 5 ft. Reach
    Dwarf, Good, Humanoid
    Speed 20 ft.
    Perception +2 Trained
    AC 12 TAC 12
    Fort +4 Trained
    Ref +2 Trained
    Will +3 E?
    SPELLS
    Acid Splash Unlimited Usage Spell Roll +5
    Detect Magic Unlimited Usage Spell Roll +5
    Disrupt Undead(DC 15) Unlimited Usage Spell Roll +5
    Read Aura Unlimited Usage Spell Roll +5
    Tanglefoot Unlimited Usage Spell Roll +5
    Grease (DC 15) Memorized x1 Spell Roll +5
    Augment Summoning Cast 4 Pool Left Spell Roll +5

    "Get him, uh, dog!"

    Dog Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
    Damage: 1d4 + 1d4 ⇒ (3) + (1) = 4


    Gnome Rog2; HP 38/38; AC 19; F+7, R+9, W+8, Perc +8 (+9 vs traps)

    Rodi resists the urge to jump on the bed while shouting WHEEE at the top of their lungs. Instead they stab the rug-bear three times!

    Attack!: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 for 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 damage!
    Attack!: 1d20 + 4 - 5 ⇒ (4) + 4 - 5 = 3 for 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 damage!
    Attack!: 1d20 + 4 - 10 ⇒ (17) + 4 - 10 = 11 for 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 damage!

    edit: extra rapier damage!: 1d6 + 3 + 1d8 ⇒ (1) + 3 + (3) = 7


    M Human (Rostlander) Fighter 3; AC 20, HP 25/41; spot +8

    Mikos groans as he feels around for his dropped sword in the dark. Once located, he grabs his blade and gets up off the stairs. "He took off with the light," he rasps. "Do gnomes ever listen?" he asks as he follows the light into the room.


    Male Dwarf Cleric of Cayden Cailen (HP: 43/43, AC: 19 (21 w/shield); F: 10 / R: 5 / W: 10; Perception: +8)
    Resources:
  • Hero Pts: 1
  • Channels: 2/2
  • Spells: 1st: magic weapon, heal x2
  • 2nd: sound burst x2
  • Wand of Heal: 1/1 day
  • ”It’s because they don’t have beards. Here have another. “

    The Keg heals Mikos again and then moves into the room

    1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


    Note, its described above but maybe got missed -- the central spire glows enough to illuminate the room for everyone. Rodi and Mikos can see normally.


    M Human (Rostlander) Fighter 3; AC 20, HP 25/41; spot +8

    that's what I figured. Everyone's gone, yes? unless Ben wants to cast another spell. Mikos grabbed, stood up, and moved in.


    Round Two: Grulk, The Keg, Mikos, Ben, Rodi

    Mikos grabs his weapon, gets up and runs into the room. The Keg heals him just before he goes, then follows after.

    Atop the bed canopy, Rodi and Ben's uh, dog tear into the bugbear. The hound gnashes at his ankle and Rodi drives his rapier deep into the goblinoid's leg. He roars in pain, pulling away and jumping down to the floor, limping around the corner to the north. He draws and fires at Rodi once more.

    Grulk longbow vs Rodi: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 8 - 2 = 20; Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

    Actions for R3?


    M Human (Rostlander) Fighter 3; AC 20, HP 25/41; spot +8

    Mikos strides after. "You're really going to regret shooting me, YOU HAIRY--," his damaged vocals cords freeze cutting short what would have been quite the stream of profanity. The falchion swings back and forth.

    snicker: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17; damage: 1d10 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 = 4
    snack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22; damage: 1d10 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 + 1 = 7


    M Human (Rostlander) Fighter 3; AC 20, HP 25/41; spot +8

    oops . -5 on the snack. So two 17 to hits

    Grand Lodge

    Male Dwarf Fighter 3; HP 46/46; AC 18; Fort +9; Ref +9; Will +9; Perc +9

    Summons are concentration duration now, so no more spell casting if I understand correctly?


    It looks like Concentrate on Spell is worth 2 actions. Could you not mix a single action spell in, or am I not understanding it correctly?

    Mikos chases down the bugbear, swinging his falchion. The goblinoid narrowly avoids both attacks with a nimble duck and dodge.

    Keg and Rodi?


    Gnome Rog2; HP 38/38; AC 19; F+7, R+9, W+8, Perc +8 (+9 vs traps)

    Rodi pursues the wicked fursona and attacks twice!

    Rapier to the KNEE!: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19 for 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 damage!
    Rapier to the KNEE!: 1d20 + 4 - 5 ⇒ (2) + 4 - 5 = 1 for 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 damage!

    Grand Lodge

    Male Dwarf Fighter 3; HP 46/46; AC 18; Fort +9; Ref +9; Will +9; Perc +9

    I could but Acid Splash is danger close. The dog will attack again and I'll fire my crossbow without reloading.

    Dog Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
    Dog Damage: 2d4 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5

    Crossbow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
    Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 7


    Male Dwarf Cleric of Cayden Cailen (HP: 43/43, AC: 19 (21 w/shield); F: 10 / R: 5 / W: 10; Perception: +8)
    Resources:
  • Hero Pts: 1
  • Channels: 2/2
  • Spells: 1st: magic weapon, heal x2
  • 2nd: sound burst x2
  • Wand of Heal: 1/1 day
  • The Keg casts fear on the bug bear. Save=frightened 1, fail=frightened 2, critical fail=other bad things

    Question since I dont have the rulebook in front of me. Can you split a spellcasting action between 2 rounds? Also, can you cast and hold a touch spell.still? If both yes ...

    The Keg begins to cast chill touch.

    If no, The Keg strides into melee.


    Getting crowded in the melee -- refer to the map.

    The Keg rounds the corner and casts fear on the bugbear. He shakes it off, mostly.

    Rodi slips into the melee between the bugbear and the central spire, stabbing the foe in the knee.

    Grulk Will save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

    The bugbear hisses and backs further into the northern corner of the room. He drops the bow and draws two curved blades, slashing at Mikos. "Die, human scum!"

    Grulk curveblade vs Mikos: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27; Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

    Actions for R4? (already have Ben's) Note the map is a bit crowded in that corner.


    M Human (Rostlander) Fighter 3; AC 20, HP 25/41; spot +8

    Mikos just makes a croaking sound as he's incoherent with hate. He hacks at the bugbear wildly.

    snap: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15; damage: 1d10 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 2 + 1 = 12
    crackle: 1d20 + 6 - 5 ⇒ (10) + 6 - 5 = 11; damage: 1d10 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 + 1 = 7
    pop: 1d20 + 6 - 5 - 5 ⇒ (11) + 6 - 5 - 5 = 7; damage: 1d10 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 9


    Male Dwarf Cleric of Cayden Cailen (HP: 43/43, AC: 19 (21 w/shield); F: 10 / R: 5 / W: 10; Perception: +8)
    Resources:
  • Hero Pts: 1
  • Channels: 2/2
  • Spells: 1st: magic weapon, heal x2
  • 2nd: sound burst x2
  • Wand of Heal: 1/1 day
  • The Keg casts chill touch and then raises his shield.

    Chill Touch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
    Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8


    Round Four: Grulk, The Keg, Mikos, Ben, Rodi

    The Keg moves into the scrum, slapping the bugbear on the shoulder and sending jagged spurs of ice instantly across its body. Mikos swings the falchion in a wild rage, hitting nothing but making a frightening display.

    Ben's summoned hound circles to attack from the side but cannot gain purchase through the bugbear's armor. Ben fires into the tight melee, threading the shot through his allies and piercing the foe in the side. The bugbear grunts and coughs blood.

    EDIT: added the frightened 1 AC penalty, which made the difference for Ben to the hit screened target.

    Rodi?


    Gnome Rog2; HP 38/38; AC 19; F+7, R+9, W+8, Perc +8 (+9 vs traps)

    Rodi stabs, and stabs, and stabs again.

    Rodi STAB!: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 for 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 damage!
    Rodi STAB!: 1d20 + 4 - 5 ⇒ (20) + 4 - 5 = 19 for 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 damage!
    Rodi STAB!: 1d20 + 4 - 10 ⇒ (14) + 4 - 10 = 8 for 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 damage!

    Edit: Addition crit damage!: 1d6 + 3 + 1d8 ⇒ (2) + 3 + (8) = 13


    Rodi comes in low and stabs the cornered bugbear through a gap in his armor. The blade finds the goblinoid's heart. He gasps once, in shock and disbelief, then crumbles to the floor, dead.

    End of Combat!
    Goblin Menace quest completed!

    Searching the bandit leader's body and room, you turn up the following: leather armor, 2 scimitars, a composite longbow, 35 arrows, a magical ring, 3 garnets, 124 silver, and 3 keys on a keyring.


    M Human (Rostlander) Fighter 3; AC 20, HP 25/41; spot +8

    "Glad I have you all with me. I think I'm beat to the Hells," Mikos rasps. He grimaces as he pokes at the puckered pink scar on his throat. "I don't think my throat healed right, but at least I'm alive. Better than him," he indicates the dead gorilla goblin. The warrior kneels to harvest the ears and then walks over to sit on the bed looked pretty tired.


    Male Dwarf Cleric of Cayden Cailen (HP: 43/43, AC: 19 (21 w/shield); F: 10 / R: 5 / W: 10; Perception: +8)
    Resources:
  • Hero Pts: 1
  • Channels: 2/2
  • Spells: 1st: magic weapon, heal x2
  • 2nd: sound burst x2
  • Wand of Heal: 1/1 day
  • "The best part o' adventurin' is still ahead of us. Lets get back to town, collect the spoils, and find some beer!"

    The Keg claps Mikos on the bag and gathers up the loots!


    There are 2 unchecked doors left on this level... one locked and the other barred from your side. You have the keys from Grulk now. Do you want to explore those first or go back to town?


    M Human (Rostlander) Fighter 3; AC 20, HP 25/41; spot +8

    I know dwarves are short and all, Keg. But stay clear of the bags ; )

    Those are the doors on the ground level, GM? The tower is a dead end, correct?


    Correct. Other than climbing down to the ground outside from the arrow slits, the tower goes no further.


    Male Dwarf Cleric of Cayden Cailen (HP: 43/43, AC: 19 (21 w/shield); F: 10 / R: 5 / W: 10; Perception: +8)
    Resources:
  • Hero Pts: 1
  • Channels: 2/2
  • Spells: 1st: magic weapon, heal x2
  • 2nd: sound burst x2
  • Wand of Heal: 1/1 day
  • Might as well, feelin' lucky? Locked one first?


    Gnome Rog2; HP 38/38; AC 19; F+7, R+9, W+8, Perc +8 (+9 vs traps)

    Locked first! Rodi will check for traps.


    M Human (Rostlander) Fighter 3; AC 20, HP 25/41; spot +8

    Mikos pulls himself off the bed and helps with the loot collection. He shrugs at the keys. "Locked door sounds good. Could be a vault?"


    You descend back into the gloom of the ground floor and make your way through the now-completely silent rooms. Rodi checks the locked door but finds no traps. One of Grulk's keys opens it with the squeak of rusty tumblers.

    Inside is a an ancient armory. Rows of wooden racks on the walls of this room hold a ramshackle collection of rusty blades, scraps of armor, and warped arrows. It has been converted into a vault for all the goblin raiders' stolen goods. In the middle of the room is a motley collection of barrels, crates, sacks and scattered bits of random goods. It is enough to fill two wagon loads.

    The door opposite, once unbarred and opened, leads to descending stairs that wind downward to the right, circling around a glowing wall of semi-translucent green stone.

    Map udpated - all areas revealed. Congrats, you have cleared the first level; this advances the Sage's Expedition quest!


    M Human (Rostlander) Fighter 3; AC 20, HP 25/41; spot +8

    "Maybe we'll see where those stairs lead another time. What about all these merchant goods? We'd probably need a couple wagons to move it."

    "Right now, I'd just like to get back to town for some of that beer Keg mentioned," the weary warrior rasps.


    You lock up the armory and head outside, blinking at the sun after being in the magical gloom for quite some time. As it is only early afternoon, you set off towards Fort Inevitable. The eerie forest echoes your footsteps as you retreat towards civilization, but you manage to get through the woods without trouble. It is about an hour after sunset when you reach Fort Inevitable. You are able to get through the North Gate just before they lock it down for the night.

    Feel free to post your activities in town. We'll run parallel threads as usual. If there's anything special you want to do, or talk to anyone, let me know.


    Male Dwarf Cleric of Cayden Cailen (HP: 43/43, AC: 19 (21 w/shield); F: 10 / R: 5 / W: 10; Perception: +8)
    Resources:
  • Hero Pts: 1
  • Channels: 2/2
  • Spells: 1st: magic weapon, heal x2
  • 2nd: sound burst x2
  • Wand of Heal: 1/1 day
  • "Two of us unload the loot and two of us go back to the High Mother to collect our reward and more importantly, the bounty chit?"

    The Keg thinks for a moment, "Then maybe we check out the Red Shield and see if these Hellknights know how to drink! I'll volunteer to be off to the High Mother, whose with me ... mebbe we can convert her? Meet ya other two at the Tavern."

    The Keg takes a companion and heads that way with the bag o'ears (assuming Mikos gives it over or comes with).


    M Human (Rostlander) Fighter 3; AC 20, HP 25/41; spot +8

    Mikos won't be separated from his precious sack of ears. He goes with Keg.

    Grand Lodge

    Male Dwarf Fighter 3; HP 46/46; AC 18; Fort +9; Ref +9; Will +9; Perc +9

    With Keg and Mikos off to collect the reward, Ben goes to local shops and picks up more crossbow bolts.


    Gnome Rog2; HP 38/38; AC 19; F+7, R+9, W+8, Perc +8 (+9 vs traps)

    Rodi tags along with Ben, trying to see what a wizard finds shopping.


    Male Dwarf Cleric of Cayden Cailen (HP: 43/43, AC: 19 (21 w/shield); F: 10 / R: 5 / W: 10; Perception: +8)
    Resources:
  • Hero Pts: 1
  • Channels: 2/2
  • Spells: 1st: magic weapon, heal x2
  • 2nd: sound burst x2
  • Wand of Heal: 1/1 day
  • and sell stuff!


    What are you selling?

    Ben and Rodi head over to Braddon's General Store while The Keg and Mikos continue down the street to the Temple of the Golden Key. High Mother Serise meets them, despite the late hour. "You found the leader of the goblin raiders?"

    Remember, Abernard is willing to pay for maps and/or esoteric discoveries from the Emerald Spire. I'll update the quest log with a reminder.


    M Human (Rostlander) Fighter 3; AC 20, HP 25/41; spot +8

    Mikos drops the stained sack of ears in front of the priestess. "There you go," he rasps. "I think the final tally was 14 goblins and..." he fishes out the largest hairiest ears. "their big, hairy leader. He nearly ended me with a bolt through the throat, but Thank the Lucky Drunk, I've lived to collect our reward."


    Male Dwarf Cleric of Cayden Cailen (HP: 43/43, AC: 19 (21 w/shield); F: 10 / R: 5 / W: 10; Perception: +8)
    Resources:
  • Hero Pts: 1
  • Channels: 2/2
  • Spells: 1st: magic weapon, heal x2
  • 2nd: sound burst x2
  • Wand of Heal: 1/1 day
  • "Amen." The Keg takes a drink and awaits the High Mother's response.

    Who is volunteering to loot track?


    Serise eyes the collected ears, unfazed by the grisly trophies. She nods and addresses you with a grim smile. "Fifteen goblinoids, including their leader... impressive work. Do we know for sure these were the ones raiding the Crusader Road?"


    M Human (Rostlander) Fighter 3; AC 20, HP 25/41; spot +8

    "Yes. There's a locked vault in their hideout flled with all the merchant goods they stole. We could guide a caravan out there to recover it for a fair fee, I suppose. Abadar would approve."


    Serise nods. "Indeed, it only be fair to restore them to their rightful owners. If you and yours can manage the goods' recovery, bring them here to the temple and I will arrange for their return. I will see that you are duly compensated for your time and effort."

    "As for our original agreement, the Church of Abadar will fund your letters of warrant. I will see to it first thing in the morning. You can pick them up at the Citadel tomorrow."

    "Thank you again," the High Mother adds. "Fort Inevitable needs more who take the initiative like yourselves."


    M Human (Rostlander) Fighter 3; AC 20, HP 25/41; spot +8

    Mikos nods. "Do we need a company name or something?"


    Serise smiles wistfully, "That is up to you, but it is not necessary. The Hellknights will affix your names to the warrant. Satisfactory and official, if dull... a company name does give a certain flair."


    M Human (Rostlander) Fighter 3; AC 20, HP 25/41; spot +8

    Mikos nods with a leer at Keg. "Let's see if the others have managed to get anything done. And then we can talk names. I've got an idea or two."


    Male Dwarf Cleric of Cayden Cailen (HP: 43/43, AC: 19 (21 w/shield); F: 10 / R: 5 / W: 10; Perception: +8)
    Resources:
  • Hero Pts: 1
  • Channels: 2/2
  • Spells: 1st: magic weapon, heal x2
  • 2nd: sound burst x2
  • Wand of Heal: 1/1 day
  • ”Aye, I betcha do. Whatever we come up, it’s gonna need ta be blessed!”

    401 to 450 of 1,053 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM NomadSage's Emerald Spire All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.