DM NomadSage's Emerald Spire

Game Master nomadicc


601 to 650 of 1,047 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Fighter 3; HP 46/46; AC 18; Fort +9; Ref +9; Will +9; Perc +9

"If it is a survivor we can just heal the burns right?"

Ben looks at the moving webs nervously.


In the previous room, the table is out of the trap area. I think it got confused since you guys pushed to press on. The Keg can have grabbed the detected magic items without trouble.

Mikos steps forward and slashes away at the webbing. What he spotted was indeed another moon spider, and it leaps down to attack as soon as it realizes its ambush is spoiled.

Initiative (Perception): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
Will use your rolls above to save time...

Mikos is ready for trouble, but the spider acts first. It shoots a wad of webbing from its spinneret, but Mikos ducks clear.

Moon Spider web vs Mikos: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

Actions?


M Human (Rostlander) Fighter 3; AC 20, HP 25/41; spot +8

Round 1
Mikos slashes his way to the spider and hacks at the eight-legged freak.
stride-strike-strike
Strike: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11; damage: 1d10 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 = 7
exact. Strike: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20; damage: 1d10 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 = 7


Anyone else?


Gnome Rog2; HP 38/38; AC 19; F+7, R+9, W+8, Perc +8 (+9 vs traps)

Rodi strides into the room and slashes twice at the spider with his rapier!

Rapier: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21 for 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 damage!
Rapier: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17 for 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 damage!

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Fighter 3; HP 46/46; AC 18; Fort +9; Ref +9; Will +9; Perc +9

Sorry Nomad, work is insane lately so I'm having trouble keeping up.

Ben shakes his head and fires at the spider.

Lightning Arc, DC 18 Ref or 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 damage.


Male Dwarf Cleric of Cayden Cailen (HP: 31/43, AC: 19 (21 w/shield); F: 10 / R: 5 / W: 10; Perception: +8)
Resources:
  • Hero Pts: 1
  • Channels: 0/2
  • Spells: 1st: disrupting weapons, []heal x2[/s]
  • 2nd: restoration, sound burst
  • Wand of Heal: 0/1 day
  • Gah! Thought I posted

    The Keg waits next to Mikos, raising his shield and readying an attack for approach with his warhammer (is that still a thing?

    To hit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
    Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

    "Time to squash some bugs!"


    Mikos shoulders through the thick webbing and slashes the falchion, missing at first but connecting solid on the backswing. Rodi follows and drives his rapier home into the spider's abdomen.

    Ben shocks the spider with a quick bolt of lightning. The Keg guards the doorway.

    Moon Spider Ref save: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16

    The moons spider, badly wounded, drops from the cieling and lands next to Mikos. It snaps its venemous fangs at him.

    Moon Spider bite vs Mikos: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30; Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 and poison: DC 16 Fort save or 1d10 ⇒ 10 and flat-footed!
    Moon Spider bite vs Mikos: 1d20 + 11 - 5 ⇒ (10) + 11 - 5 = 16; Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

    Actions for R2?


    M Human (Rostlander) Fighter 3; AC 20, HP 25/41; spot +8

    Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

    phew!- Round 2

    Mikos suffers a savage bite, but fortunately the resulting sanguine spray expels the venom as well.

    Strike: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18; damage: 1d10 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6
    Strike: 1d20 + 4 - 5 ⇒ (2) + 4 - 5 = 1; damage: 1d10 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 = 7
    Exact. strike: 1d20 + 4 - 5 ⇒ (14) + 4 - 5 = 13; damage: 1d10 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 2 + 1 = 11

    Grand Lodge

    Male Dwarf Fighter 3; HP 46/46; AC 18; Fort +9; Ref +9; Will +9; Perc +9

    Ben casts again.

    DC 18 Ref: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


    Male Dwarf Cleric of Cayden Cailen (HP: 31/43, AC: 19 (21 w/shield); F: 10 / R: 5 / W: 10; Perception: +8)
    Resources:
  • Hero Pts: 1
  • Channels: 0/2
  • Spells: 1st: disrupting weapons, []heal x2[/s]
  • 2nd: restoration, sound burst
  • Wand of Heal: 0/1 day
  • To hit: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
    Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

    Move up, raise shield and strike.

    Said I moved up last round, but I guess that never happened


    Gnome Rog2; HP 38/38; AC 19; F+7, R+9, W+8, Perc +8 (+9 vs traps)

    Rodi stabs again and again and again!

    STAB with rapier: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24 for 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 damage!
    STAB with rapier: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18 for 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 damage!
    STAB with rapier: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (4) - 4 = 0 for 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 damage!


    Mikos aggressively hacks left, right and a strong down stroke, but the spider dips and ducks to avoid the swings. Rodi waits a moment for a good angle and strike, putting his rapier through the back of the thing's head. The moon spider shudders then curls up and dies.

    End of Combat!

    You make a careful search of the area around the body and spider. The corpse is of a human male, desiccated but a relatively recent kill. It has no identifying features, but he carried two longswords, five daggers and a hand axe. Hanging in a web nearby is a leather purse holding 42 copper coins.

    The northern door is partially ajar, held open by chunks of fallen masonry. The southern door is closed.

    Map updated. Plans?


    M Human (Rostlander) Fighter 3; AC 20, HP 25/41; spot +8

    "All those weapons didn't seem to do that guy much good. Looks like the way North is open. Shall we?"

    I'll take whatever weapons remain after everyone grabs what they want.


    Gnome Rog2; HP 38/38; AC 19; F+7, R+9, W+8, Perc +8 (+9 vs traps)

    Rodi grabs the coins and tosses them to The Keg, then nods at Mikos. He moves up and checks out the door.

    Perception vs Traps: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22


    Male Dwarf Cleric of Cayden Cailen (HP: 31/43, AC: 19 (21 w/shield); F: 10 / R: 5 / W: 10; Perception: +8)
    Resources:
  • Hero Pts: 1
  • Channels: 0/2
  • Spells: 1st: disrupting weapons, []heal x2[/s]
  • 2nd: restoration, sound burst
  • Wand of Heal: 0/1 day
  • "Got em. To the north, then?" he asks guiding Rodi that way.

    Grand Lodge

    Male Dwarf Fighter 3; HP 46/46; AC 18; Fort +9; Ref +9; Will +9; Perc +9

    Ben nods.

    "North it is."


    Gnome Rog2; HP 38/38; AC 19; F+7, R+9, W+8, Perc +8 (+9 vs traps)

    Rodi checks the north door.


    Rodi finds no traps about the door. You are able to push it open through the rubble enough to get through. The floor of this small hallway is partially blocked by heaps of stone rubble, debris fallen from the ceiling above, where something violent blasted away solid stone to create a cavity. In the center of the cavity, about 15 feet above the floor, a 5-foot-diameter irregular hole or shaft rises up into the darkness.

    The debris looks old, and the few sagging strands of web draped over the rubble seem to have been here for some time. A skeletal human hand protrudes from one pile of rubble.

    There are two more stone doors to the north and east; the north one actually has a small key hole and appears to be locked.

    While moving into the room to look around, Rodi spies the telltale outlines of another pit trap in the western alcove.

    DM:

    1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21


    Gnome Rog2; HP 38/38; AC 19; F+7, R+9, W+8, Perc +8 (+9 vs traps)

    Rodi points out the trap. "Pit trap over there. Should I try to disarm it, or just leave it be?"


    M Human (Rostlander) Fighter 3; AC 20, HP 25/41; spot +8

    "I vote to leave it be. Looks like we're heading the other direction anyway. Want to check the east door?"


    Gnome Rog2; HP 38/38; AC 19; F+7, R+9, W+8, Perc +8 (+9 vs traps)

    Rodi shrugs and trots over to check. Perceptin' Traps: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27


    M Human (Rostlander) Fighter 3; AC 20, HP 25/41; spot +8

    I could probably use a healing skooch. Stupid spiders done bit me all up.


    I made a mistake above, the key hole is in the eastern door.

    Rodi checks both doors and finds no sign of traps.


    Male Dwarf Cleric of Cayden Cailen (HP: 31/43, AC: 19 (21 w/shield); F: 10 / R: 5 / W: 10; Perception: +8)
    Resources:
  • Hero Pts: 1
  • Channels: 0/2
  • Spells: 1st: disrupting weapons, []heal x2[/s]
  • 2nd: restoration, sound burst
  • Wand of Heal: 0/1 day
  • The Keg heals mikos with a channel for 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


    M Human (Rostlander) Fighter 3; AC 20, HP 25/41; spot +8

    "Thanks for the refill, Keg. What do you think? Try the bugbear's keys?" Mikos rasps and tries to unlock the door with the two remaining keys from Grulk.

    Grand Lodge

    Male Dwarf Fighter 3; HP 46/46; AC 18; Fort +9; Ref +9; Will +9; Perc +9

    Ben nods.

    "It makes sense that the bugbear would have the keys, we should start there."


    Grulk's keys are a different shape and size, and do not fit the hole on the slab door.

    Those keys were for the vault and stairwell door upstairs, respectively.

    *cough* DM eyes the rubble...


    M Human (Rostlander) Fighter 3; AC 20, HP 25/41; spot +8

    But weren't there THREE keys? alright...

    Mikos shrugs when the keys don't fit. His attention falls to the skeletal hand under the rubble. "What about a skeleton key?" he jokes, but moves the rubble around to investigate the old bones.


    Mikos digs through the rubble, finding the skeleton is a human male and is shattered into many pieces. It wore priestly robes which are now mere moldering scraps, and the blade of a nearby sword has rusted away into uselessness. Among the bones is a triangular obsidian key.

    Medicine or Nature DC 13:
    You notice that the bones are shattered and damaged from the collapsed ceiling, but the damage looks like direct hits to the dry bones, rather than through (long since gone) flesh.


    M Human (Rostlander) Fighter 3; AC 20, HP 25/41; spot +8

    "Ho-ho!" Mikos gives a gruff chortle holding up the key. "A big thanks to Bones for keeping the key safe for us." He tries it in the lock.


    Male Dwarf Cleric of Cayden Cailen (HP: 31/43, AC: 19 (21 w/shield); F: 10 / R: 5 / W: 10; Perception: +8)
    Resources:
  • Hero Pts: 1
  • Channels: 0/2
  • Spells: 1st: disrupting weapons, []heal x2[/s]
  • 2nd: restoration, sound burst
  • Wand of Heal: 0/1 day
  • Medicine: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

    "Interesting. This fella here either died before tha ceiling collapsed on him or he was a skelly. Methinks the former. It has been a long time since anyone has been through that thar door, eh?"


    M Human (Rostlander) Fighter 3; AC 20, HP 25/41; spot +8

    "Dunno. What about the zombie greeting party? Could have been the necromancer's grandaddy. " He sings softly to himself as he tries the door.

    "Boney was a warrior
    Hey-yea-yah.
    A warrior, a sorcerer
    Rah-rah-rah."

    Grand Lodge

    Male Dwarf Fighter 3; HP 46/46; AC 18; Fort +9; Ref +9; Will +9; Perc +9

    Ben shakes his head.

    "That doesn't make much sense, but maybe something on the other end caused the collapse? Why did the priest have a key to this door is a good question, but for now let us find out what is on the other side."


    Mikos fits the obsidian key into the lock and turns it with some effort. The slab door clicks and opens. Wisps of decayed and sagging spider webs droop from the walls of this room, which appears to be empty except for the long-dead, dismembered corpse of a giant spider and a stout, freestanding wooden closet in the southwestern corner. The ceiling is covered with dusty spider webs bulging down from a grid of wooden beams and plaster fifteen feet above the floor.

    Faint moans and plaintive sobbing come from the closet.

    Actions?


    M Human (Rostlander) Fighter 3; AC 20, HP 25/41; spot +8

    Mikos turns to Keg. "I'm going to bet you that whatever's in that closet, it ain't alive."

    was there any holy symbol or indication of which god Boney worshipped?


    The dead priest's holy symbol was once a silver spiral of Pharasma, but it has been badly melted, tarnished and desecrated with the fly-like sigil of Urgathoa.


    M Human (Rostlander) Fighter 3; AC 20, HP 25/41; spot +8

    "Yeaaah." Mikos drawls as he makes to close the door and lock it again. "I'm just not feeling that bet is worth collecting on."


    North or back to one of the earlier rooms?


    M Human (Rostlander) Fighter 3; AC 20, HP 25/41; spot +8

    Mikos moves up to Rodi at the North door and opens it.


    Male Dwarf Cleric of Cayden Cailen (HP: 31/43, AC: 19 (21 w/shield); F: 10 / R: 5 / W: 10; Perception: +8)
    Resources:
  • Hero Pts: 1
  • Channels: 0/2
  • Spells: 1st: disrupting weapons, []heal x2[/s]
  • 2nd: restoration, sound burst
  • Wand of Heal: 0/1 day
  • The Keg looks back at the room and the closet, "I know you're prolly right ... but what if you're not ..."

    He hesitates, unsure, looking to Mikos for confirmation.


    M Human (Rostlander) Fighter 3; AC 20, HP 25/41; spot +8

    Mikos gives a rasping sigh. "Well couldn't you just detect whether there is something undead or evil in there? I mean, that room's probably been closed for years. How could anyone survive in a closet that long?"

    He shrugs, "If you really want to be sure, be my guest. But you be ready to retreat and I'll be ready to lock the door again."


    Gnome Rog2; HP 38/38; AC 19; F+7, R+9, W+8, Perc +8 (+9 vs traps)

    Rodi listens to the conversation, then opens the closet.


    Mikos unlocks the door again.

    Rodi moves up to the closet, unconcerned with the potential danger, while the Keg watches from the door. The moans and sobbing continue until Rodi touches the closet's handle. The sounds immediately cease as the door bursts open!

    "Surprise", lol!

    The long-rotted corpse of a human woman leaps out at Rodi, moving with unnatural speed.

    Zombie Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

    Roll Perception for initiative and actions if you beat the 15!


    Gnome Rog2; HP 38/38; AC 19; F+7, R+9, W+8, Perc +8 (+9 vs traps)

    Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


    M Human (Rostlander) Fighter 3; AC 20, HP 25/41; spot +8

    I was expecting an allip so speed zombie is better?

    Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

    Mikos doesn't even have time for an 'I told you so', as he leaves the key in the door and rushes to Rodi's assistance. draw-stride-strike

    Falchion: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
    Damage: 1d10 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 2 + 1 = 12


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Male Dwarf Cleric of Cayden Cailen (HP: 31/43, AC: 19 (21 w/shield); F: 10 / R: 5 / W: 10; Perception: +8)
    Resources:
  • Hero Pts: 1
  • Channels: 0/2
  • Spells: 1st: disrupting weapons, []heal x2[/s]
  • 2nd: restoration, sound burst
  • Wand of Heal: 0/1 day
  • So obvious, but I felt like we needed to rip the band aid off.
    Thanks Rodi!

    Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

    The Keg raises a shield and then casts disrupt undead

    Positive Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4. Fort Save DC17 for half

    Grand Lodge

    Male Dwarf Fighter 3; HP 46/46; AC 18; Fort +9; Ref +9; Will +9; Perc +9

    Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

    "Ahh"

    Ben "The Lightning" Copperbottom casts his signature spell.

    DC 18 Ref Electrical: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


    Rodi is surprised, but the rest of you anticipate the threat and react quickly.

    Mikos rushes straight in... as soon as he steps across the center of the room, the floor plate shifts ever so slightly and a weighted net suddenly drops through a thin plaster facade in the ceiling!

    Net Trap vs Mikos: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12 ... ah well!

    Mikos lunges forward, avoiding the net while closing on the zombie. He hacks into it with a mighty chop.

    Ben moves into the room and casts an electric shock spell, but the zombie proves aware and agile enough to lurch out of the way.

    Zombie Ref save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

    The Keg moves in, defenses up and singes the undead with holy energy, but it resists most of the damage.

    Zombie Fort save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

    The zombie lays into Rodi with rapid punches, landing at least one strong blow.

    Zombie fist vs Rodi: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19; Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
    Zombie fist vs Rodi: 1d20 + 9 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 9 - 4 = 25; Damage: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (2, 6) + 8 = 16
    Zombie fist vs Rodi: 1d20 + 9 - 8 ⇒ (1) + 9 - 8 = 2; Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
    Zombie fist vs Rodi: 1d20 + 9 - 8 ⇒ (12) + 9 - 8 = 13; Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

    Actions? Ben and Keg please actually move your tokens. I moved them in for the LoS.


    M Human (Rostlander) Fighter 3; AC 20, HP 25/41; spot +8

    Mikos curses as he ducks under the net and focuses on hacking the zombie to bits. strike-strike-strike

    Falchion: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24; Damage: 1d10 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5

    Falchion: 1d20 + 8 - 5 ⇒ (7) + 8 - 5 = 10; Damage: 1d10 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 1 = 10

    Falchion: 1d20 + 8 - 5 ⇒ (6) + 8 - 5 = 9; Damage: 1d10 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5

    601 to 650 of 1,047 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM NomadSage's Emerald Spire All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.