The Shackled City Adventure Path by GM Rutseg

Game Master Balacertar

Chapter 8 - LORDS OF OBLIVION

Cauldron map
Redgorge map
Current map

Campaign Index / Campaign diary
Loot sheet
Old loot sheet (Maxim)

Group Stealth (passive): -5 (Kikinnin)
Group Stealth (active): 5 (Kikinnin)
Group Perception: 27 (Marigold)
Group Sense motives: 30 (Marigold)
Group Spellcraft: 24 (Maxim)
Group Appraise: 23 (Maxim)


5,851 to 5,900 of 10,425 << first < prev | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | next > last >>

Male CN Human : Fighter 1 (Archer) / Eldritch Knight 2 / Dragon Disciple 1 / Sorcerer 9 (Crossblooded) - Level 13, CR 12 | HP: 52/76 | AC: 24 (16 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +9, CMD: 23 | F: +9, R: +6, W: +9 | Init: +2 | Perc: +15, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Acid Ray (1D6+4): 7/7 | Magic Claws 1d6+1+1d6 acid 7/7 | Spells: 1st 4/7, 2nd 2/7, 3rd 7/7, 4th 5/6, 5th (3/3) | Active conditions: (blessing of fervour, greater invisibility), Hero Points: 1

Round 5
Realizing his bow is nigh on useless against these armoured Kuo-Toa, Juraan stays where he is casts a spell:
« זויער אָנכאַפּן » ... "shocking grasp (acid)", in terran

And aims his spell at the Kuo-Toa who just hit Marigold (Red):
shocking grasp (acid): 1d20 + 6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 3 + 1 = 21
damage: 5d6 + 5 ⇒ (6, 6, 3, 1, 5) + 5 = 26
(reach metamagic feat (med range, +2 levels), ranged touch attack, no save, +3 vs. targets with metal armour or weapons, and prayer)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M HP 101/101 | AC 23, touch 11, flat-footed 22 | Fort +13, Ref +7, Will +15 | Init +1, Perception +7, Stealth -2 | speed 30' | Channel Positive Energy 7/7 (6d6 ) | Inspiring Word 8/8 (+2 / 6 round) | Agile Feet 8/8 |Cleric Spells (0 -4/4, 1st -7/7, 2nd-6/6, 3rd-6/6, 4th-5/5, 5th-5/5, 6th-3/3)

AoO(DC22): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19 Burning a HP for +4 to the roll for a total of 23, not the time to go flying
Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

As the two Kuo-Toa continue to try and push him over the rail, Ryan retaliates with a hit to the side of greens hip, with a horrible follow up swing.

+1 hvy mace: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12 looks like I'm going flying before long here
Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

GM for next round if needed:

if needed
AoO(DC22): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23
Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Dwarven Ratcatcher 13 HP 160 l AC 31, T 13, FF 30 l CMD 29 l F +20, R +14, W +18; +2 vs poison, spells/spell-like abilities l Init +1 l Senses: Perception +1, Darkvision

Round 5

Status:

AC = 22
HP = 51/74
Weapon Equipped = +1 Dwarven Greataxe
Condition(s) = None

Kikinnin takes another bolt to the back, in the place where a slung shield might have helped glance it away. He makes a small promise to take to the stairs and slay some froggos with crossbows.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

The black beard presses his attack against Red, not interested in another linking of lightning. "Ay, ay, ay no more of that hand-clasping, you grunts."

+1 Dwarven Greataxe, Power Attack: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 11 - 2 = 29 for 1d10 + 3 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 6 = 16 damage

Iterative: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 6 - 2 = 13 for 1d10 + 3 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 6 = 13 damage

Edit:

Confirm Critical?: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 11 - 2 = 29 for 2d10 + 6 + 12 ⇒ (10, 6) + 6 + 12 = 34 damage


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male HP 104/112; LoH 2/3 (6d6); Potions: CMW(3) AC 27(29 SoF), Touch 15, Flat-footed 19, Fort 15(reroll 1/day), Ref 14, Will 13; resist fire&acid/10; Perception +19 (extra from FE/FT))

JJ steps forward, frustrated by the slimy creatures tough armor.

"No holding hands... go get a room." he snarls, although probably not in an understandable language!

attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31
secondary attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
crit?: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20
bonus damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

If Kikinnin drops it first, then JJ will move rather than 5' step, and lose his second attack


HP 127/127 l AC 22, T 13, FF 22 l CMD 18 l F +13, R +9, W +15; +2 bonus vs. illusions l Lucky Halfling (1/1), Spray of Shooting Stars (2/3), L1: 8/8, L2: 7/7, L3: 2/7, L4: 7/7, L5: 5/7, L6: 4/4 l Init +7 l Senses: Perception +18, Concentration +19 | Female Halfling Oracle (Heavens) 13 l Active Conditions: l Hero Points 1/3

Marigold blinks, bright flashes of light from Maxim's shot still dancing across her vision. She shakes her head and staggers off towards the stairs, wondering if maybe she should do something about the archers shooting at everyone instead of remaining in the way of Kikinnin and the others.
______

Marigold will double move to try and get upstairs and help Ryan!


Ire of the Storm: Ire of the Storm maps; Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

Entropic shield 20%: 1d100 ⇒ 25
A powerful blast of acid emerges from Juraan's hands, striking in the middle of the kuo-toa chest. The acid splashes all over his body leaving him very badly wounded.

Ryan revolves against the kuo-toa fighting with his mace in a good placed strike on its hip that momentarily knocks away the offending beast while he hits the other one with his shield. This is enough for him to hold to the balcony rail, see the floor too close, but heroically stay stout at place!

Kikinnin steps over the fleeing red and furiously cuts him in two pieces with a glorious strike of his axe.

JJ follows up over the blinded kuo-toa. Despite its lack of sight his skin is overly thick, which in addition to the heavy armor makes JJ's strike to be a vital one. The kuo-toa roars in pain nevertheless.

Marigold moves as fast as she can to try help Ryan.

As he recovers sight, the kuo-toa join his hands and let's a lighting bolt emerge from them. An arc of light jumps from the statue improving the power of the blast that covers JJ, Kikinnin and Juraan!
Electrical damage: 4d6 ⇒ (1, 1, 2, 5) = 9
Ref DC 16 for half. This is a (Su) rather than (Sp) so no AoO
The lighting bolt is clearly less powerful than the one with the four Whips joined.

Bolts keep coming from up the western balcony. This time only at Kikinnin as JJ is covered by the balcony itself.
Light crossbow at Kikinnin: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
P damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3
Light crossbow at Kikinnin: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
P damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2
Both bolts are easily stopped by the dwarf's shield.

Meanwhile, in the second balcony, Ryan continues his struggle against the kuo-toa that try to push him down.
Red aid another DC 10: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Green Bull rush DC 34 (DMC+bull's strength+rail+damage): 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 2 = 23
They hold him strong and place him on the verge of falling, but the cleric is strong and resolved. Ryan hits the soldier trying to push him and leaves it unconscious with a powerful hit on the neck.

Blue: 34 damage, unconscious, dying
Orange: 25 damage, entropic shield, strapped shield
Green: 36 damage, entropic shield, strapped shield, unconscious, dying
Red: 83 damage, entropic shield, strapped shield, very dead
Green soldier: 33 damage, unconscious, dying
Buffs: prayer (only Marigold, Ryan, Juraan, and Maxim)
JJ: 49/59 hp, shield of faith 6 min
Kikinnin: 58/74 hp
Maxim: 35/39 hp, mage armor 1h
Juraan: 35/39 hp
Marigold: 45/63 hp
Ryan: 52/54 hp, bull's strength 6 min
Round 6: Kikinnin Round 7: Kuo-toa soldiers, Juraan, Ryan, Marigold, JJ, Maxim (x2), Kuo-toa whips


Male Dwarf Spellslinger Wizard 6/UC Rogue 4/Arcane Trickster 3 | HP 100/100 | AC 24/T18/FF19 | F+10, R+14, W+11| Perception +12; Darkvision 60ft. | Init +4 | Move: 20ft.| Hero Points: 1 | Grit: 1/1
DC5 Knowledge Local check:
Known as "Garthûn's Gun" in Cauldron.
Key Skills:
+22 Disable Device; +19 Know (Planes); +16 Know (Arcana) & Spellcraft; +15 Appraise; +14 Craft (Alchemy) & Stealth; +13 Escape Artist & Sense Motive

Round 5 Redux Buffs/Conditions: Mage Armour (+4AC); Prayer (+1 luck bonus to all attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saves, and skill checks) & Dazzled (–1 penalty on attack rolls and sight-based Perception checks.)

Maxim holds to reload his pistol with bullet and powder (Standard Action), before moving to the edges of the watery chamber (15ft Move).

Round 6 Buffs/Conditions: Mage Armour (+4AC) & Prayer (+1 luck bonus to all attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saves, and skill checks)

The gun-mage then draws a bead on the Kuo-Toa climbing the foot of the stairs (Orange) and enchants his weapon (Arcane Strike - Swift Action)

Maxim blinks once with a scowl and fires;

Ranged Touch: Pistol (+Prayer): 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 1 = 10
Damage: Pistol (+Arcane Strike+Prayer): 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 + 1 = 9

Before loading up with another Flare Cartridge (Move Action)


HP 127/127 l AC 22, T 13, FF 22 l CMD 18 l F +13, R +9, W +15; +2 bonus vs. illusions l Lucky Halfling (1/1), Spray of Shooting Stars (2/3), L1: 8/8, L2: 7/7, L3: 2/7, L4: 7/7, L5: 5/7, L6: 4/4 l Init +7 l Senses: Perception +18, Concentration +19 | Female Halfling Oracle (Heavens) 13 l Active Conditions: l Hero Points 1/3

Round 7

Marigold continues hustling to help Ryan, finally reaching the nearby set of stairs and huffing and puffing up as quickly as she can manage without falling.
______

Double move again! Here I come, to save the daaaay~


M HP 101/101 | AC 23, touch 11, flat-footed 22 | Fort +13, Ref +7, Will +15 | Init +1, Perception +7, Stealth -2 | speed 30' | Channel Positive Energy 7/7 (6d6 ) | Inspiring Word 8/8 (+2 / 6 round) | Agile Feet 8/8 |Cleric Spells (0 -4/4, 1st -7/7, 2nd-6/6, 3rd-6/6, 4th-5/5, 5th-5/5, 6th-3/3)

With the first of the two soldiers he faces falling to the floor Ryan rolls his shoulder to bring his shield back into proper position and launches a vicious back-swing against the Kuo-toa soildier with red harness.

+1 hvy mace: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31 Crit?
Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Confirm: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


Dwarven Ratcatcher 13 HP 160 l AC 31, T 13, FF 30 l CMD 29 l F +20, R +14, W +18; +2 vs poison, spells/spell-like abilities l Init +1 l Senses: Perception +1, Darkvision

Round 6

Status:

AC = 22 (No Shield)
HP = 42/74
Weapon Equipped = +1 Dwarven Greataxe
Condition(s) = None

Reflex Save DC 17: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Kikinnin sees the frog fighter clasping his own hands, and doesn't give it much thought, figuring it needs to grab another webbed hand, not only its own. He's proven wrong, as the lightning still comes.

"What kind of power gives these vermin support?!" He looks over his shoulder at the statue, and gives thought to the purpose of their infiltration.

Then he remembers, and his anger is flamed again.

He steps up to Orange, stepping over the frog body, and swings again and again.

+1 Dwarven Greataxe, Power Attack: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 11 - 2 = 26 for 1d10 + 3 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 6 = 16 damage

Iterative: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 6 - 2 = 23 for 1d10 + 3 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 6 = 15 damage

"Where's Ryan?"


Male HP 104/112; LoH 2/3 (6d6); Potions: CMW(3) AC 27(29 SoF), Touch 15, Flat-footed 19, Fort 15(reroll 1/day), Ref 14, Will 13; resist fire&acid/10; Perception +19 (extra from FE/FT))

reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
JJ sees the bolt coming and calls out a quick warning before diving to the side. Still, his hair stands on end and new burns appear where he wasn't quite quick enough.

He steps sideways, trying to get into a flanking position to finish off the heavily armored foe.

attack: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18
2nd attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Neither of his blows look good enough to get through its armor.


Ire of the Storm: Ire of the Storm maps; Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

Maxim shot is too fast and the Kuo-toa is able to dodge the bullet.

Marigold quickly jumps up the stairs trying to help Ryan.

Ryan crashes his mace on the remaining soldier in front. Blood splashes in all directions as he breaks the frog-like's skull.

The remaining Whip blocks the terrible might of Kikinnin's axe with his shield.

JJ maneuvers around the kuo-toa and attacks with both his swords, but the well armed Whip blocks them once and again.

Feeling pressed the kuo-toa goes into a full defense strategy while shouting desperately in his language. He then moves up the stairs.
AoO from JJ and Kikinnin

More bolts keep coming for Kikinnin.
Light crossbow at Kikinnin: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
P damage: 1d8 ⇒ 7
Light crossbow at Kikinnin: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
P damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4

Both strike true in the dwarf's arms while he is focusing on the fleeing kuo-toa.

Up in the balcony the remaining soldier drops his crossbow and readies a trident against Ryan.
mwk Trident: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
P damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

The monstrous humanoid strikes true opening a wound in Ryan's right arm.

Blue: 34 damage, unconscious, dying
Orange: 25 damage, entropic shield, strapped shield, total defense r9
Green: 36 damage, entropic shield, strapped shield, unconscious, dying
Red: 83 damage, entropic shield, strapped shield, very dead
Green soldier: 33 damage, unconscious, dying
Red soldier: 22 damage
Buffs: prayer (only Marigold, Ryan, Juraan, and Maxim)
JJ: 45/59 hp, shield of faith 6 min
Kikinnin: 38/74 hp
Maxim: 35/39 hp, mage armor 1h
Juraan: 35/39 hp (Ref DC 16 vs lighting bolt pending)
Marigold: 45/63 hp
Ryan: 47/54 hp, bull's strength 6 min
Round 7: Kikinnin Round 8: Kuo-toa soldiers, Juraan (x2), Ryan, Marigold, JJ, Maxim, Kuo-toa whips


Dwarven Ratcatcher 13 HP 160 l AC 31, T 13, FF 30 l CMD 29 l F +20, R +14, W +18; +2 vs poison, spells/spell-like abilities l Init +1 l Senses: Perception +1, Darkvision

AoO

Kikinnin doesn't let an opportunity go by, slashing at the retreating frog man, but he swings too hastily for it to count in the weight of the battle.

+1 Dwarven Greataxe, Power Attack: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 11 - 2 = 13 for 1d10 + 3 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 6 = 13 damage

Round 7

Status:

AC = 22
HP = 49/74
Weapon Equipped = +1 Dwarven Greataxe
Condition(s) = None

Feeling the worse for wear, Kikinnin waves JJ up the stairs first, figuring the boy to be easily more agile than himself, especially with his 'quills' still bleeding from his back. He does take cover from the damnable bolts raining down from above, while healing himself again.

LoH, Greater Mercy: 4d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 4, 3) = 18

"Go on, JJ, and clear the stairs. I'm getting winded. Aye, Maxim. You might want to get under the balcony, before the frogs start their work on you." The black beard waves his axe near his back, pointing obviously to the pointy bits.

He also sets himself up against the wall, protecting himself from whatever might still leap at him from the darker corners of the room. Standard Action- Total Defense


Male HP 104/112; LoH 2/3 (6d6); Potions: CMW(3) AC 27(29 SoF), Touch 15, Flat-footed 19, Fort 15(reroll 1/day), Ref 14, Will 13; resist fire&acid/10; Perception +19 (extra from FE/FT))

JJ stabs at the Whip as he heads up the stairs, drawing blood at last.
AOO: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28
damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Then, he quickly follows, stabbing as he moves.
attack: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23
damage?: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

It's hard to tell if the blow lands, as the creatures slimy skin masks the blood.


M HP 101/101 | AC 23, touch 11, flat-footed 22 | Fort +13, Ref +7, Will +15 | Init +1, Perception +7, Stealth -2 | speed 30' | Channel Positive Energy 7/7 (6d6 ) | Inspiring Word 8/8 (+2 / 6 round) | Agile Feet 8/8 |Cleric Spells (0 -4/4, 1st -7/7, 2nd-6/6, 3rd-6/6, 4th-5/5, 5th-5/5, 6th-3/3)

Grimacing as the trident catches his arm, Ryan retorts
"Not so nice when you're on the receiving end huh?" before swinging once more at the trident wielding frog man.

+1 hvy mace: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26
Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


HP 127/127 l AC 22, T 13, FF 22 l CMD 18 l F +13, R +9, W +15; +2 bonus vs. illusions l Lucky Halfling (1/1), Spray of Shooting Stars (2/3), L1: 8/8, L2: 7/7, L3: 2/7, L4: 7/7, L5: 5/7, L6: 4/4 l Init +7 l Senses: Perception +18, Concentration +19 | Female Halfling Oracle (Heavens) 13 l Active Conditions: l Hero Points 1/3

Round 8

Continuing to huff and puff, Marigold makes it up the stairs and spots Ryan battling with one of the creatures as well as two others across the way firing bolts down on her friends below.

"ರಯಾನ್! ಹೋಲ್ಡ್ ಆನ್!"

Celestial:

"Ryan! Hold on!"

_______

Double-move again, which I think finally gets her up the stairs and in a position to help Ryan!


Ire of the Storm: Ire of the Storm maps; Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

The kuo-toa scapes Kikinnin's axe, but not JJ's sword. The young man opens a deep gash on the humonoid's left leg as he climbs up the stairs.

While Kikinnin let's JJ up, his wounds heal by the mystery of his celestial bond. JJ's attack is not enough this time and results deflected by the kuo-toa armor.

Up in the balconies, Ryan stamps his mace on the soldier in front. His strong arm knocks down the soldier who, unconscious, loses the grip of the balcony rail and falls down to the temple floor breaking himself in a splash of bones and dead meat.

Marigold pufs as she reaches the first balcony.

Maxim and Juraan do something heroic.

The Whip fighting with JJ, very damaged retreats with effort from the stairs, while trying to cry for help.

The kuo-toa crossbowmen grumble as they see their targets hide below the balconies. They look at the two remaining targets below and shot at both.
Light crossbow at Maxim: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
P damage: 1d8 ⇒ 7

Light crossbow at Juraan: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
P damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2
Maxim is surprised by one of the bolts that stabs deep into his left shoulder.

Blue: 34 damage, unconscious, dying
Orange: 34 damage, entropic shield, strapped shield, total defense r9
Green: 36 damage, entropic shield, strapped shield, unconscious, dying
Red: 83 damage, entropic shield, strapped shield, very dead
Green soldier: 33 damage, unconscious, dying
Red soldier: 37+6d6 damage, dead
Buffs: prayer (only Marigold, Ryan, Juraan, and Maxim)
JJ: 45/59 hp, shield of faith 6 min
Kikinnin: 56/74 hp
Maxim: 28/39 hp, mage armor 1h
Juraan: 35/39 hp (Ref DC 16 vs lighting bolt pending for 9 damage)
Marigold: 45/63 hp
Ryan: 47/54 hp, bull's strength 6 min
Round 8: Kikinnin Round 9: Kuo-toa soldiers, Juraan (x2), Ryan, Marigold, JJ, Maxim (x2), Kuo-toa whips


Male CN Human : Fighter 1 (Archer) / Eldritch Knight 2 / Dragon Disciple 1 / Sorcerer 9 (Crossblooded) - Level 13, CR 12 | HP: 52/76 | AC: 24 (16 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +9, CMD: 23 | F: +9, R: +6, W: +9 | Init: +2 | Perc: +15, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Acid Ray (1D6+4): 7/7 | Magic Claws 1d6+1+1d6 acid 7/7 | Spells: 1st 4/7, 2nd 2/7, 3rd 7/7, 4th 5/6, 5th (3/3) | Active conditions: (blessing of fervour, greater invisibility), Hero Points: 1

Reflex, dc 16: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Round 6
Not wanting to waste any time celebrating, Juraan races up the stairs and gets just past Marigold.

Round 7
Juraan then tries to shoot one of the Kuo-Toa on their level (Orange, map 3)
long thorn (+1 comp longbow, using gravity bow): 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 7 + 1 = 28 ... including Prayer
to confirm: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 1 = 10 ... oh well
damage: 2d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5, 4) + 2 + 1 = 12

--------------------

Sorry for the delay, everyone.
Brain turned to mush. :o
Got wrapped up studying Ancient Greek and Latin.
Lotsa fun!


HP 127/127 l AC 22, T 13, FF 22 l CMD 18 l F +13, R +9, W +15; +2 bonus vs. illusions l Lucky Halfling (1/1), Spray of Shooting Stars (2/3), L1: 8/8, L2: 7/7, L3: 2/7, L4: 7/7, L5: 5/7, L6: 4/4 l Init +7 l Senses: Perception +18, Concentration +19 | Female Halfling Oracle (Heavens) 13 l Active Conditions: l Hero Points 1/3

Round 9

Startled to see a lone kuo-toa on the opposite side as she reaches the first balcony, Marigold draws her crossbow and attempts to fire before continuing towards the next set of stairs!

Light Crossbow vs. Orange (Prayer): 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 1 = 27
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Crit!?: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 1 = 16
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
______

My mistake, forgot that there was another landing first before she'd have to climb further to reach Ryan's position!


Male HP 104/112; LoH 2/3 (6d6); Potions: CMW(3) AC 27(29 SoF), Touch 15, Flat-footed 19, Fort 15(reroll 1/day), Ref 14, Will 13; resist fire&acid/10; Perception +19 (extra from FE/FT))

JJ rushes up the stairs, stabbing at the Kuo-Toa'n as he catches up with him again.

attack: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21

But again his sword can't get through the creatures thick armor.


Male Dwarf Spellslinger Wizard 6/UC Rogue 4/Arcane Trickster 3 | HP 100/100 | AC 24/T18/FF19 | F+10, R+14, W+11| Perception +12; Darkvision 60ft. | Init +4 | Move: 20ft.| Hero Points: 1 | Grit: 1/1
DC5 Knowledge Local check:
Known as "Garthûn's Gun" in Cauldron.
Key Skills:
+22 Disable Device; +19 Know (Planes); +16 Know (Arcana) & Spellcraft; +15 Appraise; +14 Craft (Alchemy) & Stealth; +13 Escape Artist & Sense Motive

Round 8 Buffs/Conditions: Mage Armour (+4AC) & Prayer (+1 luck bonus to all attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saves, and skill checks)

Maxim grimaces as the kuo-toa bolt bites into his shoulder.

The dwur raises his pistol and enbues it with arcane energy (Arcane Strike - Swift Action) before firing it at one of the sniping fish-men; (Standard Action vs Pink)

Ranged Touch: Pistol (+Prayer): 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 1 = 12

Damage: Pistol (+Arcane Strike+Prayer/Half Damage due to Flare Cartridge): 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 = 3 = 3 Damage + Pink Kuo-Toa is Blinded (successful DC 15 Fort reduces this to Dazzled and all creatures within a 20-foot burst are Dazzled for 1 round (again Fort DC 15 negates the effect).

The gun-mage then moves to the foot of the stairs, holstering his pistol as he goes. (20ft Move + Free Action).

Round 9 Buffs/Conditions: Mage Armour (+4AC) & Prayer (+1 luck bonus to all attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saves, and skill checks)

At the foot of the stairs, Maxim nods to his fellow dwur, then moves up towards where JJ engages a fish-man, drawing his shortsword as he goes... (20ft Move + Free Action)

@GM-R: Not sure if Maxim can press on (double move) or falls into postion behind JJ on the stairs? Map is confusing me a little with 2 JJs (Gods know one is enough! ;)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male HP 104/112; LoH 2/3 (6d6); Potions: CMW(3) AC 27(29 SoF), Touch 15, Flat-footed 19, Fort 15(reroll 1/day), Ref 14, Will 13; resist fire&acid/10; Perception +19 (extra from FE/FT))

oopse, I'll remove myself from the downstairs map


Ire of the Storm: Ire of the Storm maps; Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

Juraan avoids some of the lighting bolt damage while he races up the stairs.

Maxim shots at the snippers but they are too far and his aim misses.

Juraan shots at the snippers and his arrow strikes true at the first kuo-toa head's front. The kuo-toa shrieks in terrible pain.

Marigold's prayer wears off. The halfling also shots her crossbow, and her bolt also finds the same kuo-toa as Juraan, now with two bolts at his head's front.

JJ moves up and attacks, but the Whip is ready and blocks the sword with his shield.

Maxim follows up after JJ.

The kuo-toa observes man and dwarf persecuting him and dashes back into the stairs trying to defend at his best.
JJ has an AoO but the kuo-toa is at total defense

The snippers shot fire back at the group bowmen, Juraan and Marigold.
Light crossbow at Marigold: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
P damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6

Light crossbow at Juraan: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
P damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3
But they seem nervous by the continuous approach of their enemies and the bolts go far from their targets.

Orange: 34 damage, entropic shield, strapped shield, total defense r9
Pink soldier: 18 damage
Buffs: -
JJ: 45/59 hp, shield of faith 6 min
Kikinnin: 56/74 hp
Maxim: 28/39 hp, mage armor 1h
Juraan: 31/39 hp
Marigold: 45/63 hp
Ryan: 47/54 hp, bull's strength 6 min
Round 9: Kikinnin (x2) Round 10: Kuo-toa soldiers, Juraan, Ryan (x2), Marigold, JJ, Maxim, Kuo-toa whips

Yes, map can be a bit confused on this multi-level room:
Main (bottom) floor
First floor (statue is here)
Second floor (snippers are here)


Dwarven Ratcatcher 13 HP 160 l AC 31, T 13, FF 30 l CMD 29 l F +20, R +14, W +18; +2 vs poison, spells/spell-like abilities l Init +1 l Senses: Perception +1, Darkvision

Round 8 and 9

Status:

AC = 22
HP = 49/74
Weapon Equipped = +1 Dwarven Greataxe
Condition(s) = None

Kikinnin takes to the first set of stairs Round 8, Double Move, then takes off again to reach the base of the second set of stairs Round 9, Double Move, oddly grateful that the frog folk decided to meet them half-way. He doesn't give it much thought as to whether this bow-frog is the one who stuck him so many times. He just decides he is.


Male HP 104/112; LoH 2/3 (6d6); Potions: CMW(3) AC 27(29 SoF), Touch 15, Flat-footed 19, Fort 15(reroll 1/day), Ref 14, Will 13; resist fire&acid/10; Perception +19 (extra from FE/FT))

JJ moves up behind the retreating frog man.

"Just stand and fight. It'll end the same way." he mutters, striking out at the creature as it retreats.

aoo: 1d20 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 13 + 1 = 27 <- I keep forgetting the prayer or was JJ out of range of it?
damage?: 1d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 1 = 11

He then moves up behind, attacking again, but weakly.
attack: 1d20 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 13 + 1 = 15


M HP 101/101 | AC 23, touch 11, flat-footed 22 | Fort +13, Ref +7, Will +15 | Init +1, Perception +7, Stealth -2 | speed 30' | Channel Positive Energy 7/7 (6d6 ) | Inspiring Word 8/8 (+2 / 6 round) | Agile Feet 8/8 |Cleric Spells (0 -4/4, 1st -7/7, 2nd-6/6, 3rd-6/6, 4th-5/5, 5th-5/5, 6th-3/3)

Round 8 & 9
Eyeing the frog-men on the far side of the room, Ryan presents his shield to them calling out "And Abadar grant your servant the ability to walk on the wind"

Then stepping on the rail that had protected him earlier he walks towards the other balcony, stepping down behind the Kuo-toa in pink.

+1 heavy mace: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17
Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9


Male CN Human : Fighter 1 (Archer) / Eldritch Knight 2 / Dragon Disciple 1 / Sorcerer 9 (Crossblooded) - Level 13, CR 12 | HP: 52/76 | AC: 24 (16 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +9, CMD: 23 | F: +9, R: +6, W: +9 | Init: +2 | Perc: +15, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Acid Ray (1D6+4): 7/7 | Magic Claws 1d6+1+1d6 acid 7/7 | Spells: 1st 4/7, 2nd 2/7, 3rd 7/7, 4th 5/6, 5th (3/3) | Active conditions: (blessing of fervour, greater invisibility), Hero Points: 1

Round 10
Juraan moves slightly to get a better shot at the same Kuo-Toa (Orange, map 3)
long thorn (+1 comp longbow, using gravity bow): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
damage: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (5, 5) + 2 = 12


HP 127/127 l AC 22, T 13, FF 22 l CMD 18 l F +13, R +9, W +15; +2 bonus vs. illusions l Lucky Halfling (1/1), Spray of Shooting Stars (2/3), L1: 8/8, L2: 7/7, L3: 2/7, L4: 7/7, L5: 5/7, L6: 4/4 l Init +7 l Senses: Perception +18, Concentration +19 | Female Halfling Oracle (Heavens) 13 l Active Conditions: l Hero Points 1/3

Round 10

Although she's pretty sure that the lone kuo-toa is about to be overwhelmed, Marigold decides to fire off one last bolt at it before turning and continuing up the last set of stairs!

Attack vs. Orange (Light Crossbow; Into Melee): 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 6 - 4 = 13
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1


Ire of the Storm: Ire of the Storm maps; Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

Kikinnin climbs up stairs and more stairs.

The kuo-toa is ready and blocks with his shield JJ's opportunistic attack, as well as his following attack.

Ryan:
I am not sure I understood properly. Are you perhaps casting fly? There is two different gaps between Ryan and the remaining kuo-toas, each 15' jumps

Juraan and Marigold shot at the kuo-toa in the stairs, who despite his numerous wounds, uses his shield in a defensive way to a good result, blocking both bolts after JJ's attack.

The kuo-toa stays at place, fighting defensively.

Meanwhile the soldiers shot back at Marigold and Juraan.
Light crossbow at Marigold: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
P damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6

Light crossbow at Juraan: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
P damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2

Both strike true!

Orange: 34 damage, entropic shield, strapped shield, total defense r9
Pink soldier: 18 damage
Buffs: -
JJ: 45/59 hp, shield of faith 6 min
Kikinnin: 56/74 hp
Maxim: 28/39 hp, mage armor 1h
Juraan: 29/39 hp
Marigold: 39/63 hp
Ryan: 47/54 hp, bull's strength 6 min
Round 10: Kikinnin Round 11: Kuo-toa soldiers, Juraan, Ryan, Marigold, JJ, Maxim(x2) , Kuo-toa whips


Male Dwarf Spellslinger Wizard 6/UC Rogue 4/Arcane Trickster 3 | HP 100/100 | AC 24/T18/FF19 | F+10, R+14, W+11| Perception +12; Darkvision 60ft. | Init +4 | Move: 20ft.| Hero Points: 1 | Grit: 1/1
DC5 Knowledge Local check:
Known as "Garthûn's Gun" in Cauldron.
Key Skills:
+22 Disable Device; +19 Know (Planes); +16 Know (Arcana) & Spellcraft; +15 Appraise; +14 Craft (Alchemy) & Stealth; +13 Escape Artist & Sense Motive

Round 9 Buffs/Conditions: Mage Armour (+4AC) & Prayer (+1 luck bonus to all attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saves, and skill checks)

Maxim moves in behind his fellow dwur, sheathing his sword as he goes (20ft Move & Sheath - Free Action) as he notes the stairs ahead blocked by JJ and the Kuo-Toa he fights.

Grimacing at the constant changing of weaponry, the dwur draws his pistol [ooc](Move Action).

Round 10 Buffs/Conditions: Mage Armour (+4AC) & Prayer (+1 luck bonus to all attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saves, and skill checks)

Maxim loads the weapon with powder and bullet (Standard Action) then readies himself for a potential shot...


Male HP 104/112; LoH 2/3 (6d6); Potions: CMW(3) AC 27(29 SoF), Touch 15, Flat-footed 19, Fort 15(reroll 1/day), Ref 14, Will 13; resist fire&acid/10; Perception +19 (extra from FE/FT))

Faced with a determined defence, JJ concludes that an overwhelming flurry of attacks may be his best chance. Bringing to mind the combat so long ago with the dark stalker he sets to work.

attack, TWF: 1d20 + 13 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 13 - 2 = 23
TWF attack, TWF: 1d20 + 13 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 13 - 2 = 14
iterative attack, TWF: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 8 - 2 = 14
ITWF: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 8 - 2 = 21

After seeing no success he steps back to give Kikinnin a try.


M HP 101/101 | AC 23, touch 11, flat-footed 22 | Fort +13, Ref +7, Will +15 | Init +1, Perception +7, Stealth -2 | speed 30' | Channel Positive Energy 7/7 (6d6 ) | Inspiring Word 8/8 (+2 / 6 round) | Agile Feet 8/8 |Cleric Spells (0 -4/4, 1st -7/7, 2nd-6/6, 3rd-6/6, 4th-5/5, 5th-5/5, 6th-3/3)

GM:

Sorry 'bout that, posted early morning before leaving out for work. Ryan did cast fly on Round 8 and the moved to the far balcony. Spell will last for 6 minutes

Round 10
Ryan continues to harass Pink before both can gang up on him.

+1 hvy mace: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14


Dwarven Ratcatcher 13 HP 160 l AC 31, T 13, FF 30 l CMD 29 l F +20, R +14, W +18; +2 vs poison, spells/spell-like abilities l Init +1 l Senses: Perception +1, Darkvision

Round 10

Status:

AC = 22 (No shield)
HP = 49/74
Weapon Equipped = +1 Dwarven Greataxe
Condition(s) = None

Kikinnin takes a quick suck of air before heaving his Greataxe about. "<huff> Three floors, huh? <puff> Wasn't expecting <huff> vertical runs... <puff>"

If the frog-foe gets to benefit from soft cover on the stairs from a railing or somesuch, Kikinnin politely accepts JJ's offer of moving to the base of the stairs before he swings on it. Otherwise, he maintains his current position, and lets fly.

+1 Dwarven Greataxe, Power Attack: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 11 - 2 = 17 for 1d10 + 3 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 6 = 17 damage

Iterative: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 6 - 2 = 24 for 1d10 + 3 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 6 = 13 damage
Confirm Critical?: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 - 2 = 7 for 2d10 + 6 + 12 ⇒ (4, 8) + 6 + 12 = 30 damage

The black beard looks across the way for signs of struggle on high, but his view seems cut off at the worst time.


Male CN Human : Fighter 1 (Archer) / Eldritch Knight 2 / Dragon Disciple 1 / Sorcerer 9 (Crossblooded) - Level 13, CR 12 | HP: 52/76 | AC: 24 (16 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +9, CMD: 23 | F: +9, R: +6, W: +9 | Init: +2 | Perc: +15, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Acid Ray (1D6+4): 7/7 | Magic Claws 1d6+1+1d6 acid 7/7 | Spells: 1st 4/7, 2nd 2/7, 3rd 7/7, 4th 5/6, 5th (3/3) | Active conditions: (blessing of fervour, greater invisibility), Hero Points: 1

Round 11

"Excuse me, Marigold. I think JJ and the Dwarves have that pesky Kuo-Toa in hand..."

Juraan dashes up the stairs, past Marigold to the top most level, to be able to be at level with the two kuo-toas with bows.


HP 127/127 l AC 22, T 13, FF 22 l CMD 18 l F +13, R +9, W +15; +2 bonus vs. illusions l Lucky Halfling (1/1), Spray of Shooting Stars (2/3), L1: 8/8, L2: 7/7, L3: 2/7, L4: 7/7, L5: 5/7, L6: 4/4 l Init +7 l Senses: Perception +18, Concentration +19 | Female Halfling Oracle (Heavens) 13 l Active Conditions: l Hero Points 1/3

Round 11

With another burst of speed, Marigold finally manages to reach the top of the structure and spots Ryan and Juraan squaring off with the last two kuo-toa across the way. She takes aim at one of them with her crossbow and fires...

Attack vs. Purple (Light Crossbow): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

...but doesn't quite manage to hit her target.


Ire of the Storm: Ire of the Storm maps; Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

Ryan casts a spell, his feet suddenly start to float and the cleric darts on a fly all over the gigantic room, clashing with the kuo-toas there.

Maxim exchanges weapons again, readying his pistol.

JJ unleashes multiple attacks, but the kuo-toa makes a good job of covering with his shield any spot not already protected by his armor or magic.

Kikinnin takes place when JJ steps back. The dwarven axe is blocked by the kuo-toa shield, but it doesn't matter, Kikinnin strikes with all his strength and the shield splits in two parts taking by surprise the kuo-toa behind. The axe continues his way unhindered, striking true in the frog-like skull. The sigh of pain and death, quickly followed by the sigh of final victory of the Cauldronites.

The flying Ryan waves his mace against the kuo-toa just in front, but it is well armored and the hit is deflected.

Juraan and Marigold move over the last balcony, the halfling landing a shot on the wall behind the remaining kuo-toa soldiers.

Run out of bolts, the kuo-toa soldiers drop their crossbows and move over Ryan, readying their tridents to attack him!
mwk Trident on Ryan+flank: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 2 = 16
P damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

mwk Trident on Ryan+flank: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 9 + 2 = 23
P damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

The second attack takes Ryan in the back and causes him a large wound!

Orange: 47 damage, entropic shield, strapped shield, total defense r9
Pink soldier: 18 damage
Buffs: -
JJ: 45/59 hp, shield of faith 6 min
Kikinnin: 56/74 hp
Maxim: 28/39 hp, mage armor 1h
Juraan: 29/39 hp
Marigold: 39/63 hp
Ryan: 39/54 hp, bull's strength 6 min, fly 6 min
Round 11: Kikinnin Round 12: Kuo-toa soldiers, Juraan, Ryan, Marigold, JJ, Maxim


M HP 101/101 | AC 23, touch 11, flat-footed 22 | Fort +13, Ref +7, Will +15 | Init +1, Perception +7, Stealth -2 | speed 30' | Channel Positive Energy 7/7 (6d6 ) | Inspiring Word 8/8 (+2 / 6 round) | Agile Feet 8/8 |Cleric Spells (0 -4/4, 1st -7/7, 2nd-6/6, 3rd-6/6, 4th-5/5, 5th-5/5, 6th-3/3)

Round 11
The sounds of battle below lesson as JJ, /Kikinnin and Maxim whittle the odds into their favor but Ryan hears none of it. His focus on the soldiers surrounding him.

+1 hvy mace: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9


HP 127/127 l AC 22, T 13, FF 22 l CMD 18 l F +13, R +9, W +15; +2 bonus vs. illusions l Lucky Halfling (1/1), Spray of Shooting Stars (2/3), L1: 8/8, L2: 7/7, L3: 2/7, L4: 7/7, L5: 5/7, L6: 4/4 l Init +7 l Senses: Perception +18, Concentration +19 | Female Halfling Oracle (Heavens) 13 l Active Conditions: l Hero Points 1/3

Round 12

Pretty sure that it was now just a matter of time until they finished off the two remaining kuo-toa, Marigold attempts to hasten the proceedings by moving to a better position and firing another shot!

Attack vs. Pink (Light Crossbow; Into Melee): 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 6 - 4 = 12
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6


Male HP 104/112; LoH 2/3 (6d6); Potions: CMW(3) AC 27(29 SoF), Touch 15, Flat-footed 19, Fort 15(reroll 1/day), Ref 14, Will 13; resist fire&acid/10; Perception +19 (extra from FE/FT))

With the whip defeated, JJ charges up the stairs, past Kikinnin and lunges at the frog-man in purple robes!

charge!: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 13 + 2 = 19
damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


Dwarven Ratcatcher 13 HP 160 l AC 31, T 13, FF 30 l CMD 29 l F +20, R +14, W +18; +2 vs poison, spells/spell-like abilities l Init +1 l Senses: Perception +1, Darkvision

Round 11

Status:

AC = 22
HP = 49/74
Weapon Equipped = +1 Dwarven Greataxe
Condition(s) = None

Kikinnin takes a moment to breath deep, then bolts up the stairs a second time, following JJ to the top. Double Move

Getting to the second floor, he sets eyes on the priest for the first time in a while. "Hello there, Ryan. You been good? Rushing off to engage in greater numbers, looks like you weathered the assault pretty well."

Now that the Watchers outnumbered the snippers up top, the black beard can see a rest coming up shortly, and he heartens.


Male Dwarf Spellslinger Wizard 6/UC Rogue 4/Arcane Trickster 3 | HP 100/100 | AC 24/T18/FF19 | F+10, R+14, W+11| Perception +12; Darkvision 60ft. | Init +4 | Move: 20ft.| Hero Points: 1 | Grit: 1/1
DC5 Knowledge Local check:
Known as "Garthûn's Gun" in Cauldron.
Key Skills:
+22 Disable Device; +19 Know (Planes); +16 Know (Arcana) & Spellcraft; +15 Appraise; +14 Craft (Alchemy) & Stealth; +13 Escape Artist & Sense Motive

Round 11 Buffs/Conditions: Mage Armour (+4AC) & Prayer (+1 luck bonus to all attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saves, and skill checks)

Having contributed little to the battle and bereft of ideas and magicks Maxim instead remains on the lower level and moves along the corridor wary that it may hold more foes seeking to flank the group..

Double Move - 40ft

The gun-mage scans the area as he goes watching and listening for potential secret passages or threats;

Perception: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 7 + 1 = 25


M HP 101/101 | AC 23, touch 11, flat-footed 22 | Fort +13, Ref +7, Will +15 | Init +1, Perception +7, Stealth -2 | speed 30' | Channel Positive Energy 7/7 (6d6 ) | Inspiring Word 8/8 (+2 / 6 round) | Agile Feet 8/8 |Cleric Spells (0 -4/4, 1st -7/7, 2nd-6/6, 3rd-6/6, 4th-5/5, 5th-5/5, 6th-3/3)

"Just trying to protect your back oh bearded one, you were beginning to look a bit like a porcupine" Ryan replies while dodging the spines from the nearest trident.


Ire of the Storm: Ire of the Storm maps; Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

Ryan swings his mace but it's blocked by the soldier.

Marigold's bolt is deflected by the kuo-toa soldier armor.

JJ tries to charge but he discovers it is rather much more difficult than he thought stairs up.

Kikinnin moves up into a menacing place for the kuo-toa. Still his head just at the height of their feet.

Maxim looks around with interest and arcs an eyebrow while looking at the statue.

Maxim:

It is almost unperceptive, but you do observe a shimmering light accumulating in a large plate at the feet of the statue, just on your level.
K. planes may reveal more

The soldier try to fight Ryan back.
mwk Trident on Ryan+flank: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 2 = 18
P damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

mwk Trident on Ryan+flank: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 2 = 18
P damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Just by an inch, Ryan is able to parry both soldiers' trident this time!

Pink soldier: 18 damage
Buffs: -
JJ: 45/59 hp, shield of faith 6 min
Kikinnin: 56/74 hp
Maxim: 28/39 hp, mage armor 1h
Juraan: 29/39 hp
Marigold: 39/63 hp
Ryan: 39/54 hp, bull's strength 6 min, fly 6 min
Round 12: Kikinnin Round 13: Kuo-toa soldiers, Juraan, Ryan, Marigold, JJ, Maxim


Male HP 104/112; LoH 2/3 (6d6); Potions: CMW(3) AC 27(29 SoF), Touch 15, Flat-footed 19, Fort 15(reroll 1/day), Ref 14, Will 13; resist fire&acid/10; Perception +19 (extra from FE/FT))

JJ, slowly tiring, continues to beat on the blue trident wielding frog-creature.

attack: 1d20 + 13 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 13 - 2 = 17
TWF attack: 1d20 + 13 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 13 - 2 = 27
2nd attack,TWF: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 8 - 2 = 24
ITWF, TWF: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 8 - 2 = 23

damage#2: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
damage#3: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
damage#4: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

"How many of these are there?" he pants.


Dwarven Ratcatcher 13 HP 160 l AC 31, T 13, FF 30 l CMD 29 l F +20, R +14, W +18; +2 vs poison, spells/spell-like abilities l Init +1 l Senses: Perception +1, Darkvision

Round 12

Status:

AC = 22, no shield
HP = 49/74
Weapon Equipped = +1 Dwarven Greataxe
Condition(s) = None

Kikinnin looks up at Pink, and decides that he's got enough vantage on the frogman's nethers to take a couple of swings, hoping to harrass the hopper.

+1 Dwarven Greataxe, Power Attack: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 11 - 2 = 15 for 1d10 + 3 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 6 = 12 damage

Iterative: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 6 - 2 = 17 for 1d10 + 3 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 6 = 10 damage

"Can't seem to catch his leg, JJ. See if you can't move through, and open up some room." Mild frustration in his voice, mixed with quiet optimism that they're almost through securing this massive chamber.


HP 127/127 l AC 22, T 13, FF 22 l CMD 18 l F +13, R +9, W +15; +2 bonus vs. illusions l Lucky Halfling (1/1), Spray of Shooting Stars (2/3), L1: 8/8, L2: 7/7, L3: 2/7, L4: 7/7, L5: 5/7, L6: 4/4 l Init +7 l Senses: Perception +18, Concentration +19 | Female Halfling Oracle (Heavens) 13 l Active Conditions: l Hero Points 1/3

Round 13

Ohhh, I hope there aren't any more of them coming after us right away...

Marigold pushes the thought away as she raises her crossbow and continues to fire upon Pink!

Attack vs. Pink (Light Crossbow; Into Melee): 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 6 - 4 = 16
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3


M HP 101/101 | AC 23, touch 11, flat-footed 22 | Fort +13, Ref +7, Will +15 | Init +1, Perception +7, Stealth -2 | speed 30' | Channel Positive Energy 7/7 (6d6 ) | Inspiring Word 8/8 (+2 / 6 round) | Agile Feet 8/8 |Cleric Spells (0 -4/4, 1st -7/7, 2nd-6/6, 3rd-6/6, 4th-5/5, 5th-5/5, 6th-3/3)

"Their friends on the far side wanted to see me fly, these two did"
Happy to have the help Ryan continues to try and press then advantage they now have.

+1 hvy mace: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

pink first, if not the one harassing his back


Ire of the Storm: Ire of the Storm maps; Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

The soldiers pose no stand to the combined assault of the group. Ryan and JJ display a specially focused fury that end up with both kuo-toa unconscious on the balcony floor.

No more enemy stands on foot in the room.

JJ: 45/59 hp, shield of faith 6 min
Kikinnin: 56/74 hp
Maxim: 28/39 hp, mage armor 1h
Juraan: 29/39 hp
Marigold: 39/63 hp
Ryan: 39/54 hp, bull's strength 6 min, fly 6 min
Round 13: Kikinnin Round 14: Juraan, Ryan, Marigold, JJ, Maxim


Male HP 104/112; LoH 2/3 (6d6); Potions: CMW(3) AC 27(29 SoF), Touch 15, Flat-footed 19, Fort 15(reroll 1/day), Ref 14, Will 13; resist fire&acid/10; Perception +19 (extra from FE/FT))

"Well, apart from killing a lot of frogs that may well have been acting in self defense... I'm not sure what we have achieved here.." admits JJ.

He starts piling the bodies together, wondering if any had potions on them.

"You realise that with crossbows and tridents any half rate necromancer would waltz into this place with a small troops of skeletons and they couldn't do a thing about it."


M HP 101/101 | AC 23, touch 11, flat-footed 22 | Fort +13, Ref +7, Will +15 | Init +1, Perception +7, Stealth -2 | speed 30' | Channel Positive Energy 7/7 (6d6 ) | Inspiring Word 8/8 (+2 / 6 round) | Agile Feet 8/8 |Cleric Spells (0 -4/4, 1st -7/7, 2nd-6/6, 3rd-6/6, 4th-5/5, 5th-5/5, 6th-3/3)

"True, granted they did have a dead dwarf in the cellar and a mummy, sounds like they may have a necromancer of their own somewhere." Looking around he eyes the statue the 'frogs'; as JJ so eloquently called them, were worshipping. "Think I'll lower the bridges here if I can. They put them up to hide something"

Stepping over the rail he walks to the section in the middle and looks for a way to lower the draw bridges.

perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

5,851 to 5,900 of 10,425 << first < prev | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [AP] The Shackled City by GM Rutseg - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.