The Shackled City Adventure Path by GM Rutseg

Game Master Balacertar

Chapter 8 - LORDS OF OBLIVION

Cauldron map
Redgorge map
Current map

Campaign Index / Campaign diary
Loot sheet
Old loot sheet (Maxim)

Group Stealth (passive): -5 (Kikinnin)
Group Stealth (active): 5 (Kikinnin)
Group Perception: 27 (Marigold)
Group Sense motives: 30 (Marigold)
Group Spellcraft: 24 (Maxim)
Group Appraise: 23 (Maxim)


5,951 to 6,000 of 10,419 << first < prev | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | next > last >>

Male CN Human : Fighter 1 (Archer) / Eldritch Knight 2 / Dragon Disciple 1 / Sorcerer 9 (Crossblooded) - Level 13, CR 12 | HP: 52/76 | AC: 24 (16 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +9, CMD: 23 | F: +9, R: +6, W: +9 | Init: +2 | Perc: +15, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Acid Ray (1D6+4): 7/7 | Magic Claws 1d6+1+1d6 acid 7/7 | Spells: 1st 4/7, 2nd 2/7, 3rd 7/7, 4th 5/6, 5th (3/3) | Active conditions: (blessing of fervour, greater invisibility), Hero Points: 1

Round 4
Juraan tries shooting another arrow at Aushana:
long thorn (+1 comp longbow, using gravity bow): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
damage: 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (2, 2) + 1 = 5

And moves closer to Ryan


Male Dwarf Spellslinger Wizard 6/UC Rogue 4/Arcane Trickster 3 | HP 100/100 | AC 24/T18/FF19 | F+10, R+14, W+11| Perception +12; Darkvision 60ft. | Init +4 | Move: 20ft.| Hero Points: 1 | Grit: 1/1
DC5 Knowledge Local check:
Known as "Garthûn's Gun" in Cauldron.
Key Skills:
+22 Disable Device; +19 Know (Planes); +16 Know (Arcana) & Spellcraft; +15 Appraise; +14 Craft (Alchemy) & Stealth; +13 Escape Artist & Sense Motive

Round 3 Buffs/Conditions: Mage Armour (+4AC)

As the fallen angel takes flight the gun-mage grimaces again;

"Hell's Teeth - this weren't part o' our plan..."

He then moves along the railing - trying to get an optional angle for shooting at the creature (30ft (Double) Move).

Round 4 Buffs/Conditions: Mage Armour (+4AC)

Maxim then burns one of his remaining enchantments (Bull's Strength) - turning it into raw energy that charges his pistol's barrel (Swift Action - Mage Bullet's ability - giving his pistol +1 & Shock quality)

"Time to clip that birdy's wings!"

He then levels the crackling weapon and fires! (Invoking DeadEye Deed for 1 Grit point)

Deadeye Deed:

Gunslinger can resolve an attack against touch AC instead of normal AC when firing beyond her firearm’s first range increment. Performing this deed costs 1 grit point per range increment beyond the first. The gunslinger still takes the –2 penalty on attack rolls for each range increment beyond the first when she performs this deed.

Ranged Touch: Mage Bullet's Pistol (Treated as +1) : 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 7 - 2 = 25

Crit Confirm? Ranged Touch: Mage Bullet's Pistol (Treated as +1) : 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 7 - 2 = 17

Damage (Treated as Magic for overcoming DR): Pistol: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Mage Bullets Shock Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Crit Damage? (Treated as Magic for overcoming DR): Pistol: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Maxim then reloads with an alchemical cartridge (Move Action)


Ire of the Storm: Ire of the Storm maps; Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

JJ@ she is flying at 55' and the ceiling is at 90', so that makes for 30' from the top of her head to the ceiling. Note web requires 2 diametrically opposed anchors. That means you will need to force her first withing two of the balconies. I would also accept a web casting on a corner where you have two perpendicular planes instead of parallel


Male HP 104/112; LoH 2/3 (6d6); Potions: CMW(3) AC 27(29 SoF), Touch 15, Flat-footed 19, Fort 15(reroll 1/day), Ref 14, Will 13; resist fire&acid/10; Perception +19 (extra from FE/FT))

JJ considers his options and eyes the doorway offering a retreat, or at least the ability to fight the devil on the level.

I think JJ has already used his actions this round though. If not, please move him as far as he can towards the door with the rest of the group.


M HP 101/101 | AC 23, touch 11, flat-footed 22 | Fort +13, Ref +7, Will +15 | Init +1, Perception +7, Stealth -2 | speed 30' | Channel Positive Energy 7/7 (6d6 ) | Inspiring Word 8/8 (+2 / 6 round) | Agile Feet 8/8 |Cleric Spells (0 -4/4, 1st -7/7, 2nd-6/6, 3rd-6/6, 4th-5/5, 5th-5/5, 6th-3/3)

Round 3
Noticing Juraan moving his way Ryan angles his way while calling out to Maxim to grant him Abadar's favor on his shot. "Between the wings gunslinger between the wings if she cant fly then she joins us below"

inspiring word +2 to everything but damage for 3 rounds

All the while the Spiritual mace continues to follow the fallen angel as she spirals ever higher.

Spiritual weapon(touch): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Dwarven Ratcatcher 13 HP 160 l AC 31, T 13, FF 30 l CMD 29 l F +20, R +14, W +18; +2 vs poison, spells/spell-like abilities l Init +1 l Senses: Perception +1, Darkvision

Round 3

Status:

AC = 22
HP = 66/74
Weapon Equipped = +1 Dwarven Greataxe
Condition(s) = None

Kikinnin continues to circle the erinyes from below, staying well out of her sightlines, bolts of crossbow still in his back. Grumbling to himself for not having ready access to confront the winged one, he sheathes his Axe, and pulls his light crossbow from its dusty corner. He fumbles trying to load it, his gloved hands not making it easy. Move Action- Sheathe, Move Action- Draw Weapon. Bow's not loaded, yet.

"We standing our ground here, then?" The black beard barks to no one in particular. "We trying to bring the girl down, or can we just exit all of us together, and bring her down that way?"


Male CN Human : Fighter 1 (Archer) / Eldritch Knight 2 / Dragon Disciple 1 / Sorcerer 9 (Crossblooded) - Level 13, CR 12 | HP: 52/76 | AC: 24 (16 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +9, CMD: 23 | F: +9, R: +6, W: +9 | Init: +2 | Perc: +15, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Acid Ray (1D6+4): 7/7 | Magic Claws 1d6+1+1d6 acid 7/7 | Spells: 1st 4/7, 2nd 2/7, 3rd 7/7, 4th 5/6, 5th (3/3) | Active conditions: (blessing of fervour, greater invisibility), Hero Points: 1

Round 4
"She's not exactly making this easy going, Kikinnin!"

"This should help you, Ryan:
« აღუდგეს ცეცხლს » . . "resist energy (fire)", in draconic
@ GM Rusteg: [smaller]Using the Reach Spell metamagic feat, as a level 3 spell, to give Ryan Fire Resistance 10 for an hour[smaller]

Juraan then readies his bow again, hoping for betteer luck with the next shot...

Eeek! I'm almost completely out of spells!


Ire of the Storm: Ire of the Storm maps; Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

Pushed by Kikinnin's words Marigold and JJ moves as fast they can to the doors.

Juraan's arrow directly hits Aushana, but the normal metal surprisingly does not deal damage to her.

Maxim looks for a better angle and shots. The erinyes is taken by the bang! And despite it is short to take the heart of the fallen angel thanks to Ryan's words, the bullet deals damage, less than it should, but damage. The full spark of electricity seems to bother her.
Fly (avoid falling) DC 10: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (9) + 18 = 27

Spiritual weapon: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Ryan's mace does fail once and then again to hit the nimble flying Aushana.

Meanwhile Kikinnin exchanges weapons and readies his bow.

After JJ disappears at the border of the balcony cover, Aushana looks around for an easier target. Once she finds out the dwarf that just blasted her, she starts shooting arrows.
+1 flaming composite longbow: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (9) + 16 = 25
P damage+fire: 1d8 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + 6 + (3) = 16

+1 flaming composite longbow: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (11) + 16 = 27
P damage+fire: 1d8 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 6 + (3) = 13

+1 flaming composite longbow: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26
P damage+fire: 1d8 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 6 + (3) = 10

+1 flaming composite longbow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
P damage+fire: 1d8 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 6 + (6) = 17
Despite his magical defenses deflect one of the arrows, the other three impact Maxim with a burst of fire that sends him unconscious to the floor.

Juraan reaches for Ryan and casts fire resistance on him!

Aushana: 26 damage, flying 55'
JJ: 37/59 hp, shield of faith 4 min
Kikinnin: 74/74 hp
Maxim: -1/39 hp, mage armor 1h
Juraan: 39/39 hp, gravity bow 3 min
Marigold: 61/63 hp
Ryan: 23/54 hp, bull's strength 4 min, fly 5 min, fire resistance 60 min
Round 4: Kikinnin Round 5: Marigold, JJ, Ryan, Juraan, Maxim, Aushana


HP 127/127 l AC 22, T 13, FF 22 l CMD 18 l F +13, R +9, W +15; +2 bonus vs. illusions l Lucky Halfling (1/1), Spray of Shooting Stars (2/3), L1: 8/8, L2: 7/7, L3: 2/7, L4: 7/7, L5: 5/7, L6: 4/4 l Init +7 l Senses: Perception +18, Concentration +19 | Female Halfling Oracle (Heavens) 13 l Active Conditions: l Hero Points 1/3

Marigold's Round 5

Marigold is very nearly down the stairs to the bottom level when she sees the dark angel take aim at something somewhere up above her. With a surge of dread, she realizes that the only other person that she could be shooting at would be Maxim - and turning back, she realizes that he wasn't right behind as she'd thought he'd be. Months before, she wouldn't have thought twice - survival would have won out and she'd have continued down the stairs towards safety. But much had happened since then and she wasn't the same person that had once cowered at the first sign of danger.

I've got to go back for him!

Marigold turns and heads back up the stairs, ready to either shield Maxim from the angel's continued fire or to drag him with her if came down to it.
_______

Not sure if Maxim's got a trick (or a Hero Point) up his sleeve but either way, Marigold's heading back up the stairs after him!


Male Dwarf Spellslinger Wizard 6/UC Rogue 4/Arcane Trickster 3 | HP 100/100 | AC 24/T18/FF19 | F+10, R+14, W+11| Perception +12; Darkvision 60ft. | Init +4 | Move: 20ft.| Hero Points: 1 | Grit: 1/1
DC5 Knowledge Local check:
Known as "Garthûn's Gun" in Cauldron.
Key Skills:
+22 Disable Device; +19 Know (Planes); +16 Know (Arcana) & Spellcraft; +15 Appraise; +14 Craft (Alchemy) & Stealth; +13 Escape Artist & Sense Motive

All outta Hero Points and tricks Lil' Miss :S

As Maxim bags the fallen angel and draws its ire he realises how much nightsoil he's in...

The dwur barely mutters "Aw skit..." before three burning arrows fly toward him and all goes black.

Round 4 Buffs/Conditions: Mage Armour (+4AC); Dying

Stabalise Check [DC10-1+Con: 1d20 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 + 1 = 2

The gun-mage lies crumpled - the three charred arrows sticking from his chest...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male HP 104/112; LoH 2/3 (6d6); Potions: CMW(3) AC 27(29 SoF), Touch 15, Flat-footed 19, Fort 15(reroll 1/day), Ref 14, Will 13; resist fire&acid/10; Perception +19 (extra from FE/FT))

"Where are Marigold and Maxim?" wheezes JJ as he makes it to shelter.

"Oh gods, are they still up there?"

Gasping for breath, he turns, and runs across the open ground and up the stairs.

"This must be why they had us do all that running practice in armor during militia training." he pants


Dwarven Ratcatcher 13 HP 160 l AC 31, T 13, FF 30 l CMD 29 l F +20, R +14, W +18; +2 vs poison, spells/spell-like abilities l Init +1 l Senses: Perception +1, Darkvision

Round 4

Status:

AC = 25, no shield, Smite bonus
HP = 66/74
Weapon Equipped = Light Crossbow
Condition(s) = Smite Evil

Kikinnin hears the others scrambling up the stairs. With their words, he doesn't doubt one of his own has fallen to the flurry of fiery arrows the demon's able to unleash.

He steps out from under the mezzanine, and sizes up the woman with wings.

"Alright, creature. We're only trying to defend ourselves. You may be welcome here by the frogs, but they're not long for this world, as are you."

Kikinnin marks the erinyes for Abadar's Judgment, and raises his crossbow to draw the attention. Swift Action- Smite Evil

Light Crossbow, Smite Evil: 1d20 + 8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 3 = 17 for 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 damage

"Her arrows are all but guaranteed to hit, you all. This is worse folly than the Worm, if we think we can bring her down."

Kikinnin waits to hear what the others can or will do, while eyeing the exits himself.


M HP 101/101 | AC 23, touch 11, flat-footed 22 | Fort +13, Ref +7, Will +15 | Init +1, Perception +7, Stealth -2 | speed 30' | Channel Positive Energy 7/7 (6d6 ) | Inspiring Word 8/8 (+2 / 6 round) | Agile Feet 8/8 |Cleric Spells (0 -4/4, 1st -7/7, 2nd-6/6, 3rd-6/6, 4th-5/5, 5th-5/5, 6th-3/3)

Round 5
Seeing the volley of arrows streak overhead and knowing full well what they are capable of Ryan takes the shortest route to the balcony above him.

Fly to balcony above

"Abadar grant your healing while we seek to send this celestial abomination back to the hells from whence she came."

Channel: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 5, 5) = 14

"Maxim get through the doors" should put Ryan at 37/54

Meanwhile
Spiritual weapon: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Ire of the Storm: Ire of the Storm maps; Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

Marigold finds out unthought bravery and climbs back up the stairs to try save Maxim who slightly bleeds out in the floor of the first floor.

JJ follows up and tries to join Marigold into the attempt of saving Maxim.

Ryan quickly reacts flying up into the balcony and channeling his Abadar's energy into the fallen dwarf. Maxim opens up his eyes. The cleric's force mace strongly smites the creature that shouts in pain.

Despite his mark on the erinyes, Kikinnin's arrow misses to land in the winged-demoness, but it takes the attention of Aushana that shots back at the dwarf.
+1 flaming composite longbow: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21
P damage+fire: 1d8 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 6 + (2) = 14

+1 flaming composite longbow: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (6) + 16 = 22
P damage+fire: 1d8 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 6 + (1) = 10

+1 flaming composite longbow: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20
P damage+fire: 1d8 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 6 + (3) = 12

+1 flaming composite longbow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
P damage+fire: 1d8 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + 6 + (4) = 18
Despite not having his shield to cover himself, the arrows are deflected one after another magically before they can reach the bow-armed dwarf. That is the power of Abadar's Judgment "Ah! What?! Non-sense!" the erinyes curses the dwarf's bravery.

Aushana: 34 damage, flying 55'
JJ: 37/59 hp, shield of faith 4 min
Kikinnin: 74/74 hp
Maxim: 12/39 hp, mage armor 1h
Juraan: 39/39 hp, gravity bow 3 min
Marigold: 61/63 hp
Ryan: 37/54 hp, bull's strength 4 min, fly 5 min, fire resistance 60 min
Round 5: Kikinnin Round 6: Marigold, JJ, Ryan, Juraan, Maxim, Aushana


HP 127/127 l AC 22, T 13, FF 22 l CMD 18 l F +13, R +9, W +15; +2 bonus vs. illusions l Lucky Halfling (1/1), Spray of Shooting Stars (2/3), L1: 8/8, L2: 7/7, L3: 2/7, L4: 7/7, L5: 5/7, L6: 4/4 l Init +7 l Senses: Perception +18, Concentration +19 | Female Halfling Oracle (Heavens) 13 l Active Conditions: l Hero Points 1/3

Round 6

Relieved to see Ryan come flying to Maxim's (and possibly her own) rescue and hear JJ thundering up the steps behind her, Marigold races for her friends and the set of double-doors leading out of this death-trap.

"Maxim! দরজার জন্য দরজা, মাথা!" she cries.

Celestial:

"Maxim! The doors, head for the doors!"


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Dwarven Ratcatcher 13 HP 160 l AC 31, T 13, FF 30 l CMD 29 l F +20, R +14, W +18; +2 vs poison, spells/spell-like abilities l Init +1 l Senses: Perception +1, Darkvision

Round 5

Status:

AC = 25, no shield, Smite bonus
HP = 66/74
Weapon Equipped = Light Crossbow
Condition(s) = Smite Evil

Kikinnin watches all the incoming arrows, bracing for the pain of each one of them. He regrets leaving his shield behind to cradle the dead, but only a little. With each and every arrow failing to penetrate the warmth surrounding him, the black beard clenches his masseter muscles in a hard grin, continuing to thank Abadar silently, praying that he can withstand another volley of fire arrows.

"Now, we both know there's power in each of us, Aushana, was it? Divine support, weighing the good against the not-so-nice. You're alone here, and we should be able to outlast you, because there's more than one of us who can heal each other. And we do it often. That's what we do. Now, I'm about to shoot you, but I will stop my attacks if you drop your bow, and stand down."

Light Crossbow, Smite Evil: 1d20 + 8 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 8 + 3 = 27 for 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14 damage, +7 more damage if our lass is an evil outsider, evil-aligned dragon, or undead

Kikinnin takes his time reloading his crossbow, not taking his eyes off the erinyes, and just managing to do so.


Male CN Human : Fighter 1 (Archer) / Eldritch Knight 2 / Dragon Disciple 1 / Sorcerer 9 (Crossblooded) - Level 13, CR 12 | HP: 52/76 | AC: 24 (16 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +9, CMD: 23 | F: +9, R: +6, W: +9 | Init: +2 | Perc: +15, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Acid Ray (1D6+4): 7/7 | Magic Claws 1d6+1+1d6 acid 7/7 | Spells: 1st 4/7, 2nd 2/7, 3rd 7/7, 4th 5/6, 5th (3/3) | Active conditions: (blessing of fervour, greater invisibility), Hero Points: 1

Round 5

Juraan moves toward Kikinnin on the bottom floor and fires at Aushana, hoping to do his bit (even if it's not much):
long thorn (+1 comp longbow, using gravity bow): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
damage: 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (6, 1) + 1 = 8

« Vi bør gøre vores vej tilbage til at deltage i de andre. »

Dwarven:
"We should make our way back up to join the others."


Male HP 104/112; LoH 2/3 (6d6); Potions: CMW(3) AC 27(29 SoF), Touch 15, Flat-footed 19, Fort 15(reroll 1/day), Ref 14, Will 13; resist fire&acid/10; Perception +19 (extra from FE/FT))

JJ dashes over to help Maxim, glad to see the dwarf on his feet again.

"Through the doors we go, and let us see how she fares up close and personal."


Dwarven Ratcatcher 13 HP 160 l AC 31, T 13, FF 30 l CMD 29 l F +20, R +14, W +18; +2 vs poison, spells/spell-like abilities l Init +1 l Senses: Perception +1, Darkvision

Kikinnin watches as Juraan Softskin steps out into the erinyes's line of fire.

"Trappene vil bremse meg ned. Jeg planlegger å dukke tilbake i den hemmelige passasjen på dette nivået. Jeg foreslår at du gjør det samme."

Dwarven:

"The stairs will slow me down. I plan on ducking back into the secret passage on this level. I suggest you do the same."


Male Dwarf Spellslinger Wizard 6/UC Rogue 4/Arcane Trickster 3 | HP 100/100 | AC 24/T18/FF19 | F+10, R+14, W+11| Perception +12; Darkvision 60ft. | Init +4 | Move: 20ft.| Hero Points: 1 | Grit: 1/1
DC5 Knowledge Local check:
Known as "Garthûn's Gun" in Cauldron.
Key Skills:
+22 Disable Device; +19 Know (Planes); +16 Know (Arcana) & Spellcraft; +15 Appraise; +14 Craft (Alchemy) & Stealth; +13 Escape Artist & Sense Motive

Round 5Buffs/Conditions: Mage Armour (+4AC)

Maxim's ears are hit with a cacophony of shouts and bellows as he is drawn back to the land of the living.

With a cough the dwur pulls himself up (Stand Up - Move Action), then recovers his dropped firearm with a grimacing smile as JJ moves to assist him; (Move Action)

"Hell's Teeth an' bucket's o' fire Surabar! I hear ya! Time to skedaddle!"


Ire of the Storm: Ire of the Storm maps; Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

The party retreats into the closer doors while Kikinnin makes his stand, crossbow in hands.

The dwarven bolt flies unhindered penetrating deep into the demoness' chest without resistance. Aushana shouts in pain as she feels the bolt deals full damage to her.

Swinging her wings the demoness spits a dark blood close to Kikinnin and Juraan "Stupid dwarf" growls then smiles in reply to the Abadar's follower plea "Deal" with a movement of her hand she instantly disappears.

Spellcraft DC 24:
The effect is a spell-like similar to a teleportation spell.
>=28
Spoiler:
In fact the spell was greater teleport

Aushana: 55 damage, flying 55'
JJ: 37/59 hp, shield of faith 4 min
Kikinnin: 74/74 hp
Maxim: 12/39 hp, mage armor 1h
Juraan: 39/39 hp, gravity bow 3 min
Marigold: 61/63 hp
Ryan: 37/54 hp, bull's strength 4 min, fly 5 min, fire resistance 60 min
Round 6: Kikinnin Round 7: Marigold, JJ, Ryan (x2), Juraan, Maxim, Aushana


HP 127/127 l AC 22, T 13, FF 22 l CMD 18 l F +13, R +9, W +15; +2 bonus vs. illusions l Lucky Halfling (1/1), Spray of Shooting Stars (2/3), L1: 8/8, L2: 7/7, L3: 2/7, L4: 7/7, L5: 5/7, L6: 4/4 l Init +7 l Senses: Perception +18, Concentration +19 | Female Halfling Oracle (Heavens) 13 l Active Conditions: l Hero Points 1/3

Marigold's Round 7

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Unsure of just what the creature did to make herself disappear, Marigold comes huffing and puffing up to Maxim, Ryan and JJ. She quickly uses some of her remaining power to grant them all additional protection from the creature's attacks before vigorously pointing towards the double-doors behind them.
_______

Marigold moves to her current position and casts Protection from Evil, Communal on herself, Maxim, Ryan, and JJ.


Male HP 104/112; LoH 2/3 (6d6); Potions: CMW(3) AC 27(29 SoF), Touch 15, Flat-footed 19, Fort 15(reroll 1/day), Ref 14, Will 13; resist fire&acid/10; Perception +19 (extra from FE/FT))

"She's made herself invisible..." sighs JJ as he helps the others through the doors.

"Let's just shut the door and wait for the other two."

He does that, moving through the double doors and then once the group at this end are all through, shuts them to prevent any invisible creature getting through.


M HP 101/101 | AC 23, touch 11, flat-footed 22 | Fort +13, Ref +7, Will +15 | Init +1, Perception +7, Stealth -2 | speed 30' | Channel Positive Energy 7/7 (6d6 ) | Inspiring Word 8/8 (+2 / 6 round) | Agile Feet 8/8 |Cleric Spells (0 -4/4, 1st -7/7, 2nd-6/6, 3rd-6/6, 4th-5/5, 5th-5/5, 6th-3/3)

Frustration at fleeing from this foe is evident on Ryan's face but he retreats backward through the doors with the others trying to draw the angel into combat if it must come, in a battlefield of their own choosing.

the hammer continues to swing at the angel This should be the final attack I believe

Spiritual weapon: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

unsure how charging would have worked with Fly in this situation


Dwarven Ratcatcher 13 HP 160 l AC 31, T 13, FF 30 l CMD 29 l F +20, R +14, W +18; +2 vs poison, spells/spell-like abilities l Init +1 l Senses: Perception +1, Darkvision

Round 6

Status:

AC = 25, No Shield, Smite Evil
HP = 66/74
Weapon Equipped = Light Crossbow
Condition(s) = Smite Evil

Spellcraft DC 24: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

When Aushana blinks out of sight, Kikinnin strains to hear the others' take on her likely means of departure, as it doesn't rightly occur to him if she's there and hiding, or gone. He figures it'll become clear enough, shortly.

"Alright, Juraan, let's not look a gift gnome in the mouth. We might be able to get to the top of the stairs, and reunite with the others, in peace."

The black beard moves up the nearest set of stairs, almost reaching the next floor up. Double Move


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Dwarf Spellslinger Wizard 6/UC Rogue 4/Arcane Trickster 3 | HP 100/100 | AC 24/T18/FF19 | F+10, R+14, W+11| Perception +12; Darkvision 60ft. | Init +4 | Move: 20ft.| Hero Points: 1 | Grit: 1/1
DC5 Knowledge Local check:
Known as "Garthûn's Gun" in Cauldron.
Key Skills:
+22 Disable Device; +19 Know (Planes); +16 Know (Arcana) & Spellcraft; +15 Appraise; +14 Craft (Alchemy) & Stealth; +13 Escape Artist & Sense Motive

Round 6 Buffs/Conditions: Mage Armour (+4AC)

Maxim casts the fallen angel one final baleful gaze as he begins to exit, catching a glimpse of her before she disappears out of sight;

Spellcraft DC24: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30

"Hell's Teeth! She ain't invisible Surabar! Nah, she only done an invoked a spell o' Greater Teleportation..."

The gun-mage whistles as he mulls the power displayed;

"Powerful magicks... She could be up to 100 miles from here... Most likely she is!"

He then follows JJ through the double doors...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Dwarven Ratcatcher 13 HP 160 l AC 31, T 13, FF 30 l CMD 29 l F +20, R +14, W +18; +2 vs poison, spells/spell-like abilities l Init +1 l Senses: Perception +1, Darkvision
Maxim wrote:
"Powerful magicks... She could be up to 100 miles from here... Most likely she is!"

"She's a smart one, at least. A couple more arrows, and she'd be done for, I'd wager. Trouble is, she knows we're here, so if we keep moving, she'll lose us in this complex complex, if we're gone when she comes back."

Kikinnin keeps a look out for the wily woman with wings, all the same.


Male HP 104/112; LoH 2/3 (6d6); Potions: CMW(3) AC 27(29 SoF), Touch 15, Flat-footed 19, Fort 15(reroll 1/day), Ref 14, Will 13; resist fire&acid/10; Perception +19 (extra from FE/FT))

"You sure?" says JJ, peeking suspiciously around the door.

"Maybe we should head back in and try that other door she was guarding? " he looks around. "Once Kikinnin catches up with us. Or should we go meet him? What if she has laid an ambush?"


M HP 101/101 | AC 23, touch 11, flat-footed 22 | Fort +13, Ref +7, Will +15 | Init +1, Perception +7, Stealth -2 | speed 30' | Channel Positive Energy 7/7 (6d6 ) | Inspiring Word 8/8 (+2 / 6 round) | Agile Feet 8/8 |Cleric Spells (0 -4/4, 1st -7/7, 2nd-6/6, 3rd-6/6, 4th-5/5, 5th-5/5, 6th-3/3)

Ryan moves back out to the rail and looks at the Paladin coming up the stairs. "We should make any search we do here fast, taking on the town is taxing us all and we'll need somewhere to hole up the night at this rate."


Male CN Human : Fighter 1 (Archer) / Eldritch Knight 2 / Dragon Disciple 1 / Sorcerer 9 (Crossblooded) - Level 13, CR 12 | HP: 52/76 | AC: 24 (16 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +9, CMD: 23 | F: +9, R: +6, W: +9 | Init: +2 | Perc: +15, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Acid Ray (1D6+4): 7/7 | Magic Claws 1d6+1+1d6 acid 7/7 | Spells: 1st 4/7, 2nd 2/7, 3rd 7/7, 4th 5/6, 5th (3/3) | Active conditions: (blessing of fervour, greater invisibility), Hero Points: 1

Round 5

Juraan follows Kikinnin's lead: "Right behind you!"
Following Kikinnin, also keeps alert for Aushana reappearing ...

perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23


Ire of the Storm: Ire of the Storm maps; Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

Ryan's spiritual weapon swings without effect at the erinyes just before she disappears. Then the force mace disappears itself.

Marigold joins the gathering party with a protection from evil spell.

Kikinnin and Juraan reach the first floor in their retreat.

JJ readies himself to close the doors once Kikinnin and Juraan reach the party.

Aushana suddenly appears in the entrance corridor floor "Or perhaps I will not" the erinyes smiles as she completes a spell and a form of a cold, cloying miasma of greasy darkness takes Ryan, JJ, Maxim and Marigold who feel suddenly sick and purulent wounds open in their skin.
Damage to good creatures (half to neutral ones): 5d8 ⇒ (5, 8, 8, 5, 8) = 34
Sickness rounds: 1d4 ⇒ 3
Will DC 19 for half damage and avoid sickness rounds. This is an evil evocation, but remember protection from evil is a +2 resistance bonus and do not stack with cloak of resistance.

JJ:

You take this damage instead (same save DC): 10d6 ⇒ (4, 1, 2, 4, 5, 2, 2, 3, 1, 1) = 25

Spellcraft DC 22:

You do recognize the spell as unholy blight.

Aushana: 55 damage
JJ: 37/59 hp, shield of faith 4 min, prot. from evil 2 min
Kikinnin: 74/74 hp
Maxim: 12/39 hp, mage armor 1h, prot. from evil 2 min
Juraan: 39/39 hp, gravity bow 3 min
Marigold: 61/63 hp, prot. from evil 2 min
Ryan: 37/54 hp, bull's strength 4 min, fly 5 min, fire resistance 60 min, prot. from evil 2 min
Round 7: Kikinnin Round 8: Marigold, JJ, Ryan, Juraan, Maxim, Aushana


M HP 101/101 | AC 23, touch 11, flat-footed 22 | Fort +13, Ref +7, Will +15 | Init +1, Perception +7, Stealth -2 | speed 30' | Channel Positive Energy 7/7 (6d6 ) | Inspiring Word 8/8 (+2 / 6 round) | Agile Feet 8/8 |Cleric Spells (0 -4/4, 1st -7/7, 2nd-6/6, 3rd-6/6, 4th-5/5, 5th-5/5, 6th-3/3)

Will Save(DC19): 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 11 + 2 = 30 37-17=20

The frustration that was evident earlier when she disappeared boils over as she reappears to attack them once more.

Charging across the space separating them Ryan attempts to grab hold of the fallen angel, to prevent any further spells or ranged attacks.

Grapple: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16 <sigh>


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 127/127 l AC 22, T 13, FF 22 l CMD 18 l F +13, R +9, W +15; +2 bonus vs. illusions l Lucky Halfling (1/1), Spray of Shooting Stars (2/3), L1: 8/8, L2: 7/7, L3: 2/7, L4: 7/7, L5: 5/7, L6: 4/4 l Init +7 l Senses: Perception +18, Concentration +19 | Female Halfling Oracle (Heavens) 13 l Active Conditions: l Hero Points 1/3

Marigold's Round 8

Will (DC 19; Prot. vs Evil): 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 8 + 2 = 28
Spellcraft (DC 22): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Marigold cries out with pain and disgust as the greasy miasma washes over her body, leaving painful, festering burns and sores in its wake. She fights down the nausea that accompanies the pain and her features take on a look of desperate resolve - this creature would not let them leave alive. They had to stop her here or they wouldn't stop her at all.

The halfling steps in front of the double-doors and uses the last bit of her magic to cast a spell at the dark angel, trying to bring down a cloak of silence on her...

Marigold vs. Spell Resistance (If Needed): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 Nope, spending a Hero Point to reroll that!

Marigold vs. Spell Resistance Take 2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
_______

Marigold moves to her current map position and casts Silence on Aushana; DC 16 Will save!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male HP 104/112; LoH 2/3 (6d6); Potions: CMW(3) AC 27(29 SoF), Touch 15, Flat-footed 19, Fort 15(reroll 1/day), Ref 14, Will 13; resist fire&acid/10; Perception +19 (extra from FE/FT))

will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
"Arghhh" cries JJ as his body is wracked with pain and suffering. He seems much worse affected than the rest of the team.

Black tendrils of force wrap around him, their very nature eating away at his skin which instantly burns and blisters.

Throwing up, he pauses for a moment, before charging forward with Ryan.

"That Was Not Nice!"
attack, charge, sickness,FE: 1d20 + 13 + 2 - 2 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 13 + 2 - 2 + 4 = 23
damage (piercing, silver, magic),FE: 1d6 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 4 = 13

Demons get +1 to hit and damage JJ due to his heritage


Dwarven Ratcatcher 13 HP 160 l AC 31, T 13, FF 30 l CMD 29 l F +20, R +14, W +18; +2 vs poison, spells/spell-like abilities l Init +1 l Senses: Perception +1, Darkvision

Round 7

Status:

AC = 25, no shield, Smite Evil
HP = 66/74
Weapon Equipped = Light Crossbow
Condition(s) = Smite Evil

Gaining the top of the stairs, Kikinnin hears the return of the erinyes, so he steps up his pace. "Alright, Juraan, no rest for the wicked, eh? Let's speed up this little reunion." Full Round Action- Run, Movement x3 for Heavy Armor

The black beard wonders if there'll be any need for an axe swing, for the time it'll take to get into the fray. He barely catches sight of Ryan and JJ plunging forward...


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Ire of the Storm: Ire of the Storm maps; Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

Ryan resists the unholy blight on him and charges over the erinyes. The devil tries to stop him with the bow, and although the weapon is not fit, it renders the cleric unable to make grasp of her.

Marigold fights the miasma on her, heroically countering Aushana by casting a silence spell. Magical sparks appear in the air as the halfling's spell fights against the creature's defenses, but with a last push of reserved energies Marigold breaks the magical wall and the spell shuts down the erinyes mouth!
Will DC 16: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

Despite he suffers from the blight, JJ charges over the erinyes stabbing his sword on the creature's breast! Her defenses seem inferior out of the statue's room and it bleeds although a bit less than JJ would have expected.

Kikinnin and Juraan run as fast as they can to rejoin the group.

Aushana draws a longsword while still holding her bow in the other hand, she shouts at Ryan and JJ but nothing comes out of her mouth. She then slashes at the cleric.
Longsword vs Ryan: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (1) + 17 = 18
Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Longsword vs Ryan: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Longsword vs Ryan: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

But only one of the slashes opens a wound on him.

Aushana: 63 damage
JJ: 37/59 hp, shield of faith 4 min, prot. from evil 2 min
Kikinnin: 74/74 hp
Maxim: 12/39 hp, mage armor 1h, prot. from evil 2 min
Juraan: 39/39 hp, gravity bow 3 min
Marigold: 61/63 hp, prot. from evil 2 min
Ryan: 30/54 hp, bull's strength 4 min, fly 5 min, fire resistance 60 min, prot. from evil 2 min
Round 8: Kikinnin Round 9: Marigold, JJ, Ryan, Juraan, Maxim (x2), Aushana


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Dwarf Spellslinger Wizard 6/UC Rogue 4/Arcane Trickster 3 | HP 100/100 | AC 24/T18/FF19 | F+10, R+14, W+11| Perception +12; Darkvision 60ft. | Init +4 | Move: 20ft.| Hero Points: 1 | Grit: 1/1
DC5 Knowledge Local check:
Known as "Garthûn's Gun" in Cauldron.
Key Skills:
+22 Disable Device; +19 Know (Planes); +16 Know (Arcana) & Spellcraft; +15 Appraise; +14 Craft (Alchemy) & Stealth; +13 Escape Artist & Sense Motive

Round 7 Buffs/Conditions: Mage Armour (+4AC) & Protection from Evil (+2 deflection bonus to AC and a +2 resistance bonus on saves)

As the fell creature reappears, Maxim attempts to shake off her magicks...

DC19 Will Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17 Thank the gods I'm Neutral! Only take 17 damage :)

... but cannot and collapses once again! Status: -2/39HP

Round 8 Buffs/Conditions: Mage Armour (+4AC); Protection from Evil (+2 deflection bonus to AC and a +2 resistance bonus on saves) & Dying...

Stabalise Attempt (DC10): 1d20 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 1 - 2 = 12

Maxim lies slumped, but he still breathes...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male HP 104/112; LoH 2/3 (6d6); Potions: CMW(3) AC 27(29 SoF), Touch 15, Flat-footed 19, Fort 15(reroll 1/day), Ref 14, Will 13; resist fire&acid/10; Perception +19 (extra from FE/FT))

"So silver isn't good enough for you eh? What about cold iron? " asks JJ, worried more about the damage that Ryan is suffering than his own pain.

"Surabar Iron at that!"

attack,TWF,FE: 1d20 + 13 - 2 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 13 - 2 + 4 = 25
TWF attack,TWF,FE: 1d20 + 13 - 2 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 13 - 2 + 4 = 17
secondary attack,TWF,FE: 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 8 - 2 + 4 = 21
ITWF attack,TWF,FE: 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 8 - 2 + 4 = 13

damage primary(silver,piercing,magic),FE: 1d6 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 4 = 12
damage TWF(cold iron,piercing),FE: 1d6 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 4 = 9
damage secondary (silver,piercing,magic),FE: 1d6 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 4 = 12
damage ITWF(cold iron,piercing),FE: 1d6 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 4 = 10

He sets forth with a flurry of somewhat weak attacks.

Come on dicebot!

"Maxim? Maxim? Oh gods, Margiold help Maxim."
JJ sometimes has a hard time remembering to speak celestial in the mist of a fight. Kind of like his own oracle curse in reverse!


M HP 101/101 | AC 23, touch 11, flat-footed 22 | Fort +13, Ref +7, Will +15 | Init +1, Perception +7, Stealth -2 | speed 30' | Channel Positive Energy 7/7 (6d6 ) | Inspiring Word 8/8 (+2 / 6 round) | Agile Feet 8/8 |Cleric Spells (0 -4/4, 1st -7/7, 2nd-6/6, 3rd-6/6, 4th-5/5, 5th-5/5, 6th-3/3)

Continuing JJ's assault, Ryan draws his own mace as the fallen angel has to defend herself from JJ's swords.

+1 Hvy Mace: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23
Damage?: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9


HP 127/127 l AC 22, T 13, FF 22 l CMD 18 l F +13, R +9, W +15; +2 bonus vs. illusions l Lucky Halfling (1/1), Spray of Shooting Stars (2/3), L1: 8/8, L2: 7/7, L3: 2/7, L4: 7/7, L5: 5/7, L6: 4/4 l Init +7 l Senses: Perception +18, Concentration +19 | Female Halfling Oracle (Heavens) 13 l Active Conditions: l Hero Points 1/3

Marigold's Round 9

"ನನಗೆ ಸಾಧ್ಯವಿಲ್ಲ! ನಾನು ಅಧಿಕಾರದಿಂದ ಹೊರಗಿದೆ!" Marigold wails, not needing JJ to speak Celestial in order to understand his frantic cry. She glances at the fallen dwarf and feels the tiniest bit of relief to see that at least he isn't bleeding.

With an angry huff she turns back to the melee and reaches into her pack, pulling out her last real hope of hurting the creature - a small vial of holy water.

"ನಾನು ಈ ಮೇಲೆ ಚಾಕ್ ಭಾವಿಸುತ್ತೇವೆ!" Marigold hisses as she stalks down the hallway towards the fallen angel.

Celestial:

"I can't! I'm out of power!"

"I hope you choke on this!"


_______

Move action to draw the holy water (thanks Handy Haversack) and another move down the hallway!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ire of the Storm: Ire of the Storm maps; Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

The blight sends Maxim to the floor, yet it seems to stop there, fought by some spark in the dwarf's personality.

JJ changes swords and attacks with a wall of swings. Aushana is surprised by the first attack that opens a wide wound on her left arm, although the cold iron still does not fully hurt her. The other attacks are deflected by the devil's longsword.

But she is too focused in the boy and fails to stop Ryan's mace that crashes on her right shoulder, and although the mace does not deal full damage, Masterkey breaks bone.

Marigold draws a vial as she moves down the hallway.

Kikinnin and Juraan probably keep running.

Aushana chokes as she fails to try say something, but she spins her own sword to try give back to Ryan.
longsword: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (11) + 17 = 28
S damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

longsword: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (11) + 16 = 27
S damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

longsword: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
S damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
The sword cuts solidly a couple of times through the cleric's breast and the erinyes smiles.

Aushana: 74 damage, considerably damaged
JJ: 37/59 hp, shield of faith 4 min, prot. from evil 2 min
Kikinnin: 74/74 hp
Maxim: -2/39 hp, mage armor 1h, prot. from evil 2 min
Juraan: 39/39 hp, gravity bow 3 min
Marigold: 61/63 hp, prot. from evil 2 min
Ryan: 5/54 hp, bull's strength 4 min, fly 5 min, fire resistance 60 min, prot. from evil 2 min
Round 9: Kikinnin (x2) Round 10: Marigold, JJ, Ryan, Juraan (x2), Maxim, Aushana


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Dwarven Ratcatcher 13 HP 160 l AC 31, T 13, FF 30 l CMD 29 l F +20, R +14, W +18; +2 vs poison, spells/spell-like abilities l Init +1 l Senses: Perception +1, Darkvision

Round 8

Status:

AC = 25, No shield, Smite Evil
HP = 74/74
Weapon Equipped = Light Crossbow
Condition(s) = Smite Evil

Kikinnin rounds the balcony bend, only to find Maxim lying on the ground. Given the circumstance, the black beard concludes rightly that the blond beard's been set upon by the she-beast, and lays dying while the others try and finish her off.

"Kan ikke sove i dette nabolaget, bror. Kom igjen, det er fortsatt mye arbeid å gjøre."

Dwarven:

"Can't be sleeping in this neighborhood, bror. Come on, there's still plenty of work to do."

Channel Positive Energy: 4d6 ⇒ (3, 3, 3, 2) = 11 From this position, I don't think Ryan can benefit from the burst, only Maxim...

Round 9

Kikinnin moves to the doorway, looking back on blond beard, and forward on the priest, seeing both sides looking miserably injured, so he brings the blessed healing from Abadar forward for the last time this day. Abadar, your supporter's looking awfully injured. Now, I know the dwarf's no follower of Yours, but Ryan is. I only have so much healing left over, and I'd be grateful if You made it just a little stronger this last time today. What do You say?

Channel Positive Energy: 4d6 ⇒ (3, 6, 3, 4) = 16

Kikinnin can't help but snort his approval, as he feels Abadar's healing burst rush forward with greater strength. Maxim's really got to consider picking up Abadar's banner one of these days...


Male HP 104/112; LoH 2/3 (6d6); Potions: CMW(3) AC 27(29 SoF), Touch 15, Flat-footed 19, Fort 15(reroll 1/day), Ref 14, Will 13; resist fire&acid/10; Perception +19 (extra from FE/FT))

"Gods, Ryan...." screams JJ as his companions continue to fall around him. He steps slightly sideways, trying to set up a flank.
"I mean... get away in the name of Abdar!" he eventually clarifies which particular god he was hoping would help out in the circumstance.

Screaming, as much to try and clamp down on his own fear as to try and distract the formerly beautiful creature, JJ launches a frantic series of thrusts at her. Both the silver sword and his cold iorn blade taste fiendish blood this time.

wall of rolls:

primary attack, TWF,FE: 1d20 + 13 - 2 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 13 - 2 + 4 = 25
TWF attack, TWF,FE: 1d20 + 13 - 2 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 13 - 2 + 4 = 23
secondary attack, TWF,FE: 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 8 - 2 + 4 = 12
ITWF attack, TWF,FE: 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 8 - 2 + 4 = 13
primary damage(silver, magic,piercing),FE: 1d6 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 4 = 13
TWF damage(cold iron,piercing),FE: 1d6 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 4 = 10
secondary damage(silver, magic,piercing),FE: 1d6 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 4 = 13
ITWF damage(cold iron,piercing),FE: 1d6 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 4 = 10


Male CN Human : Fighter 1 (Archer) / Eldritch Knight 2 / Dragon Disciple 1 / Sorcerer 9 (Crossblooded) - Level 13, CR 12 | HP: 52/76 | AC: 24 (16 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +9, CMD: 23 | F: +9, R: +6, W: +9 | Init: +2 | Perc: +15, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Acid Ray (1D6+4): 7/7 | Magic Claws 1d6+1+1d6 acid 7/7 | Spells: 1st 4/7, 2nd 2/7, 3rd 7/7, 4th 5/6, 5th (3/3) | Active conditions: (blessing of fervour, greater invisibility), Hero Points: 1

Round 7
Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 ... Phew!
Juraan will keep running with the others.

Round 8
Pulling up to the corridor bottleneck, Juraan points at the devil and tries casting a spell at her:
« מאַגיש מיסאַל » . . "magic missile", in terran
magic missile: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (4, 2, 3) + 3 = 12

Juraan only has one 2nd level spell slot left


HP 127/127 l AC 22, T 13, FF 22 l CMD 18 l F +13, R +9, W +15; +2 bonus vs. illusions l Lucky Halfling (1/1), Spray of Shooting Stars (2/3), L1: 8/8, L2: 7/7, L3: 2/7, L4: 7/7, L5: 5/7, L6: 4/4 l Init +7 l Senses: Perception +18, Concentration +19 | Female Halfling Oracle (Heavens) 13 l Active Conditions: l Hero Points 1/3

Marigold's Round 10

Marigold is surprised to suddenly feel a rush of healing energy coming from somewhere behind her and glances over her shoulder; the sight of Kikinnin and Juraan buoys her battered spirit and she turns her gaze back to Aushana with renewed resolve.

We're all here and you've got nowhere else to run. You should've fled when you had the chance!

Marigold brings her arm back and heaves the vial of holy water at the cursed angel...

Holy Water vs. Aushana (Ranged Touch; Into Melee): 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 6 - 4 = 11
Damage: 2d4 ⇒ (2, 2) = 4
Miss: 1d8 ⇒ 3

...but swears as the vial misses her target, shattering on the ground and only barely splashing her foe. Out of options, she falls back a pace to allow Kikinnin and possibly Juraan a bit more room to maneuver into the fray.
_______

Pretty sure that's a miss but since holy water is a splash weapon it'll hopefully still do 1 point of splash damage to her!


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Dwarf Spellslinger Wizard 6/UC Rogue 4/Arcane Trickster 3 | HP 100/100 | AC 24/T18/FF19 | F+10, R+14, W+11| Perception +12; Darkvision 60ft. | Init +4 | Move: 20ft.| Hero Points: 1 | Grit: 1/1
DC5 Knowledge Local check:
Known as "Garthûn's Gun" in Cauldron.
Key Skills:
+22 Disable Device; +19 Know (Planes); +16 Know (Arcana) & Spellcraft; +15 Appraise; +14 Craft (Alchemy) & Stealth; +13 Escape Artist & Sense Motive

Round 10 Buffs/Conditions: Mage Armour (+4AC) & Protection from Evil (+2 deflection bonus to AC and a +2 resistance bonus on saves)

Maxim sits a dimly lit room facing two doors - one dark and foreboding, but gilded with gold and studded with gemstones. The other, a much more simple affair of white wood with promises of a faint light shining forth from its base.

Strangely calm, the dwur mulls which to open... then looks to his hand as a filigree key appears upon his palm... Compelled by voices distant yet near, the dwur nods to himself and pushes the key into a previously unnoticed trapdoor.

Smiling grimly toward the twin doors, the pulls open the trapdoor and steps through...

Maxim eyes snap open as the cacophony of battle fills his senses. He gulps in air and the magic healing pushes the trio of fell arrows from his body;

"Hell's Teeth! I'm back!"

The dwur staggers to his feet before stooping to collect his pistol (Move & Move Actions)


Ire of the Storm: Ire of the Storm maps; Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

Juraan partially resists the cold miasma, damage which is soon healed up.

Kikinnin reaches the Cauldronites while holding his Abadar's symbol with strength. His faith suddenly answered with wounds being quickly healed. Aushana smiles as her wounds are also healed.

JJ's swords cut once an again opening two considerable wounds on the erinyes flesh.

Juraan points at Aushana and three magic missiles fly towards her. They seem to find some resistance, but it finally breaks the magical defenses and burst painfully close to its heart.
SR: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Marigold's vial shatters only slightly smearing the evil devil. Its skin burns never the way under contact of the blessed water.

Marigold:
Good point! I did not remember holy water damages evil outsiders!

Maxim makes an effort to recompose himself and stand up.

Aushana grits her teeth and attacks at Ryan.
Longsword: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (3) + 17 = 20
Slashing damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Longsword: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27
Slashing damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Longsword: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Slashing damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

First slice is deflected by Marigold's protection from evil magics, but next two cut leaving the cleric in bad condition.

The erinyes smile and tries to talk, but she has also bad shape.

Aushana: 84 damage, considerably damaged
JJ: 53/59 hp, shield of faith 4 min, prot. from evil 2 min
Kikinnin: 74/74 hp
Maxim: 25/39 hp, mage armor 1h, prot. from evil 2 min
Juraan: 39/39 hp, gravity bow 3 min
Marigold: 63/63 hp, prot. from evil 2 min
Ryan: 2/54 hp, bull's strength 4 min, fly 5 min, fire resistance 60 min, prot. from evil 2 min
Round 10: Kikinnin Round 11: Marigold, JJ, Ryan (x2), Juraan, Maxim, Aushana


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male HP 104/112; LoH 2/3 (6d6); Potions: CMW(3) AC 27(29 SoF), Touch 15, Flat-footed 19, Fort 15(reroll 1/day), Ref 14, Will 13; resist fire&acid/10; Perception +19 (extra from FE/FT))

"This pain.... you suffer it because you fell. When you fall again, think of your actions and whether or not you might make better choices in the future."

JJ launches a flurry of attacks, but his horror at seeing the damage that Ryan is suffering from. Most of them are weak though, but at least one draws some blood.

wall of rolls:

+4 to each is from favoured enemy
primary attack, TWF: 1d20 + 13 - 2 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 13 - 2 + 4 = 18
TWF attack, TWF: 1d20 + 13 - 2 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 13 - 2 + 4 = 33
secondary attack, TWF: 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 8 - 2 + 4 = 21
ITWF attack, TWF: 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 8 - 2 + 4 = 19
primary damage(silver, magic,piercing): 1d6 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 4 = 12
TWF damage(cold iron,piercing): 1d6 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 4 = 8
secondary damage(silver, magic,piercing): 1d6 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 4 = 12
ITWF damage(cold iron,piercing): 1d6 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 4 = 7


M HP 101/101 | AC 23, touch 11, flat-footed 22 | Fort +13, Ref +7, Will +15 | Init +1, Perception +7, Stealth -2 | speed 30' | Channel Positive Energy 7/7 (6d6 ) | Inspiring Word 8/8 (+2 / 6 round) | Agile Feet 8/8 |Cleric Spells (0 -4/4, 1st -7/7, 2nd-6/6, 3rd-6/6, 4th-5/5, 5th-5/5, 6th-3/3)

Round 10
Even as the devil's longsword continues to cut him, Ryan feel the strength of Abadar healing him "Thank you" giving him the push to continue, not wanting to leave JJ alone to face the creature

1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24
Damage?: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Round 11

Taking another 2 hits in quick succession, Ryan swings once more

1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30
Damage?: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Before taking a step back
5' step behind JJ


HP 127/127 l AC 22, T 13, FF 22 l CMD 18 l F +13, R +9, W +15; +2 bonus vs. illusions l Lucky Halfling (1/1), Spray of Shooting Stars (2/3), L1: 8/8, L2: 7/7, L3: 2/7, L4: 7/7, L5: 5/7, L6: 4/4 l Init +7 l Senses: Perception +18, Concentration +19 | Female Halfling Oracle (Heavens) 13 l Active Conditions: l Hero Points 1/3

Marigold's Round 11

Seeing Ryan faltering, Marigold steps forward next to him as he falls back behind JJ - leaving room up front for Kikinnin but hopefully blocking easy access to Ryan. Once more she digs down deep and calls upon a miracle to grant her friend healing.

Cure Serious Wounds (Ryan): 3d8 + 7 ⇒ (1, 6, 7) + 7 = 21
_______

Marigold will use her last Hero Point to recall a Cure Serious Wounds spell, which she'll cast on Ryan.

5,951 to 6,000 of 10,419 << first < prev | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [AP] The Shackled City by GM Rutseg - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.