The Many-Faced GM's Skulls and Shackles (Inactive)

Game Master Nickadeamous

Skull & Shackles roll20
The Covenant
Crew

Current Plunder: 5
Infamy: 2
Disrepute: 2


2,001 to 2,050 of 2,242 << first < prev | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | next > last >>

HP 41/41, AC 12, Touch: 10, Flat Footed 12, Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +6, Init +0, Perception +2 | Scarshield 4/4, Kit 8/10, Active Effects: Mage Armor, Ironskin, Longarm, Enlarge Person, Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation Crew

I was waiting for Johara to chime in before continuing the scene, but I guess she got busy. I'd like to search the place, and ideally bring the parrot back with us as well.

Is there any reason not to take 20 on Search?


Female Human Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 14 T 13 FF 11 | Fort +2 Ref +7 Will +5 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 | Bardic Performance 14/14 rounds | Bard Spells: 1st—4/4 2nd—2/2

Oh, I didn't really have anything to add, sorry! I didn't realize I was holding things up - I was just waiting for the scene to move on.

Johara turns her nose to one side. "Ugh," she says at the scene of misery. "Let's... not linger here."


Female Undine Sea Witch 4 | HP 29/29| AC 17 Touch 13 Flatfooted 14 | Saves F +2 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Darkvision 60, Perc +9/11, Swim Speed 30

Aye, and I was waiting on the two of you to make your Perception checks. Since Sandman specifically took initiative here and invited Johara upstairs into what he defined as limited space, I figured only the two of you got to interact with the scene...while Nivian was waiting downstairs keeping watch and coordinating.


Female Human Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 14 T 13 FF 11 | Fort +2 Ref +7 Will +5 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 | Bardic Performance 14/14 rounds | Bard Spells: 1st—4/4 2nd—2/2

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Glancing about the watchtower one more time, Johara says to Sandman, "Well, someone is going to have to man this place, but it's not us and it's not our problem." She turns and looks out over the countryside that the tower surveys. "Seems odd that someone on lookout would completely miss spotting a giant wasp coming their way."


HP 41/41, AC 12, Touch: 10, Flat Footed 12, Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +6, Init +0, Perception +2 | Scarshield 4/4, Kit 8/10, Active Effects: Mage Armor, Ironskin, Longarm, Enlarge Person, Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation Crew

Since it was described as a one-man watchpost I figured it wouldn't be big enough for all of us.

"I think he was drunk." Sandman said, kicking an empty bottle. "Also, he was probably looking out toward the sea. The wasps came from behind him."

Sandman started doing a more thorough search of the watchtower. "We should take the bird back with us if nothing else. And the body."

Taking 20 on Search, also seeing if I can get the Parrot to come to us.


Female Undine Sea Witch 4 | HP 29/29| AC 17 Touch 13 Flatfooted 14 | Saves F +2 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Darkvision 60, Perc +9/11, Swim Speed 30

Well, a lighthouse is also easily run by one man and offers plenty space...since he uses signal flags I wasn't sure how well-hidden the lookout was, but I rolled with the "small". Also allows to take 20 on the search and get home before nightfall.

Keeping a lookout while the others were busy with their respective tasks:
"That boat looks stable enough for the task, Fargrim - should we simply take one Boar back, then tell Rickety to send someone to pick up the second one?"


Male Dwarf 4th Level Bloodrager (Untouchable Rager) | HP 46/46 | THP 0/8 | AC 17 (15) | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 19 | Fort +7 | Ref +3 | Will +4 | Init +4 | Perc +10 | Bloodrage 17/17

Fargrim shrugs as he struggles with the heavy load. "Don't matter to me, Cap'n. Just say the word..."


Female Undine Sea Witch 4 | HP 29/29| AC 17 Touch 13 Flatfooted 14 | Saves F +2 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Darkvision 60, Perc +9/11, Swim Speed 30

"Hehe, lets do it that way. We'll help with this one, but you are strong enough to pull the last stretch by yourself. Let them see that, then send a few guys that will no doubt struggle with the second boar...it'll impress the lot of them and gain you some extra respect with the dockhands. And being respected is always good."


Male Dwarf 4th Level Bloodrager (Untouchable Rager) | HP 46/46 | THP 0/8 | AC 17 (15) | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 19 | Fort +7 | Ref +3 | Will +4 | Init +4 | Perc +10 | Bloodrage 17/17

He grins. "Aye, I can always crack a few skulls too if needed."


Female Human Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 14 T 13 FF 11 | Fort +2 Ref +7 Will +5 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 | Bardic Performance 14/14 rounds | Bard Spells: 1st—4/4 2nd—2/2

"Going to be one heck of a feast!" says Johara happily. "What now, cap'n?"


Female Undine Sea Witch 4 | HP 29/29| AC 17 Touch 13 Flatfooted 14 | Saves F +2 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Darkvision 60, Perc +9/11, Swim Speed 30

"Well, first, we'll let Rickety know what happened here, as far as we can tell. Then, we got an outstanding invitation from a free captain. He seems trustworthy enough, but that's no excuse to let our guard down...so that's probably how we'll spend the evening. And tomorrow, we'll see about convincing a few more of the locals that being on a ship with us is better than being trapped on land with wasps, nagas, and gods know what else...", Nivian smiles.
Oh, there was something else between "evening" and "tomorrow", but it did not need to be spoken out loud. Brief eye contact was sufficient to say everything necessary.


Female Human Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 14 T 13 FF 11 | Fort +2 Ref +7 Will +5 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 | Bardic Performance 14/14 rounds | Bard Spells: 1st—4/4 2nd—2/2

"I'd better get cleaned up before dinner, if I'm going to be entertaining," says Johara. "Nobody likes a dancer who's splashed in mud and gore."


HP 41/41, AC 12, Touch: 10, Flat Footed 12, Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +6, Init +0, Perception +2 | Scarshield 4/4, Kit 8/10, Active Effects: Mage Armor, Ironskin, Longarm, Enlarge Person, Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation Crew

Sandman handed Johara his mask without a word.

As she walked, she slowly became cleaner.


Skull & Shackles roll20 | Reign of Winter roll20 |

"Thank ye for bringing his body back. It uh, it means a lot to an old man...to me. And I'm sure the men will love the meat. We can't thank ya enough for that. Your ship should be ready by tomorrow, but uh, I got one more request for ye's. Take that blasted bird with ya. I'll be damned if I'm puttin' up with that feathered pest for another day now that Godwin's gone." Despite the obvious pain of losing a friend, a small smile creeps onto Rickety's face.

Waiting at the dock are four of Captain Pegsworthy's crew. They lean on oars as if they were spears and they themselves were standing guard. As your approach, one calls out "ready to go then?"


HP 41/41, AC 12, Touch: 10, Flat Footed 12, Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +6, Init +0, Perception +2 | Scarshield 4/4, Kit 8/10, Active Effects: Mage Armor, Ironskin, Longarm, Enlarge Person, Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation Crew

Taking 20 on search ok? Can I check that spoiler?

"Does the bird have a name?" Sandman asked Rickety.


Skull & Shackles roll20 | Reign of Winter roll20 |

Yes, you can take 20 and yes you can view the spoiler.

"Heh, he called the blasted thing Rotgut."


Female Human Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 14 T 13 FF 11 | Fort +2 Ref +7 Will +5 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 | Bardic Performance 14/14 rounds | Bard Spells: 1st—4/4 2nd—2/2

Johara silently hands the mask back to Sandman with a nod of thanks. Then she says, "I wonder if Rotgut saw anything interesting... not that a parrot can really have a conversation with you." She leans close to Nivian and whispers to the captain.

Nivian:
"Should I run and get my dance outfit to 'entertain' our dinner hosts?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Undine Sea Witch 4 | HP 29/29| AC 17 Touch 13 Flatfooted 14 | Saves F +2 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Darkvision 60, Perc +9/11, Swim Speed 30

At Ricketys
"Well, we are sorry we could not bring better news. And the Meat will make for a nice feast to celebrate the re-christening of our finished ship...so no need for thanks, we thank you and your man for your services. As for the bird, we'll do.", Nivian looks at Rotgut:"If you misbehave too much, you'll make for a nice little meal."
It seems clear that she's joking, but the parrot does not know that...then, he probably did not understand the words anyway...

______________

At the dock

Nivian takes a look at the crewmembers waiting to row them over, then casually sits down on the pier:"We'll be ready to go in just a little while. We hunted some dire boar, and it's been roasting for a while now - we'll arrange for some of the meat to be delivered later on, as a contribution to dinner. We're also still waiting on the barrel of ale we intend to bring along. Certainly, that's a good reason to wait a bit longer before we depart?"

Johara:
"As you want, sweet Johara, I would not show you off like a prize to impress our hosts, nor stop you from dancing for an audience if you wish to do so. The good thing about being a free woman: the decision is entirely your own-", Nivian smiles, "Me, I like to see you dance, but only if I get a private show, later-"

Oh I hate when I preview only, then forget to submit, I wrote here days ago but seemingly never posted it


Female Human Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 14 T 13 FF 11 | Fort +2 Ref +7 Will +5 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 | Bardic Performance 14/14 rounds | Bard Spells: 1st—4/4 2nd—2/2

"All right, cap'n," says Johara with a nod. "Let's go visit these pirates."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Skull & Shackles roll20 | Reign of Winter roll20 |

Pegsworthy's men take care of all the rowing and boarding the Captain's vessel leaves a much better feeling than the last time you boarded a boat. Pegsworthy's ship still has the tell-tale signs of battle. Patched holes are obvious both in the hull and the sails. Sailors stand watch as others continue to scrub dried blood off of the planks.

The night is spent in drunken revelry for most. Good food, fine wine, and plenty of entertainment fill the night until the early morning. Laughter fills the night air along with song and stories. The following day everyone is escorted back to Rickety's for the launching ceremony. The sun is bright and high up in the air before the longboat reaches the dock.

It doesn't take long for everyone to gather at the pier. The Covenant is now painted along the side of the ship and it barely resembles the ship it once was. New sails, different rigging and fresh paint have made a huge difference. Captain Pegsworthy approaches with a bottle of Sargavan wine. In front of the hushed crowd, he speak up.

"Good fortune and sure sail await what one can crack the Tidewater Rock." With that he smashes the bottle of wine along the keel of the ship sending wine streaking down and staining the wood. The pirate crew cheer, the chocks are released and the ship slides down into the estuary.


HP 41/41, AC 12, Touch: 10, Flat Footed 12, Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +6, Init +0, Perception +2 | Scarshield 4/4, Kit 8/10, Active Effects: Mage Armor, Ironskin, Longarm, Enlarge Person, Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation Crew

Take 10 on Knowledge Local for 15. What is Tidewater rock?


Skull & Shackles roll20 | Reign of Winter roll20 |

It refers to a small castle called Tidewater Rock that commands a small, protected harbor on a remote island south of Motaku Isle. It is said that anyone who can claim Tidewater Rock as her own will have good luck, as the castle makes a strategic watch point from which one can strike the nearby shipping lanes. Most Free Captains have better things to do than pursue old wives’ tales, but a new pirate captain would surely find a boost to her reputation were she able to claim that she had “cracked the Rock.”


HP 41/41, AC 12, Touch: 10, Flat Footed 12, Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +6, Init +0, Perception +2 | Scarshield 4/4, Kit 8/10, Active Effects: Mage Armor, Ironskin, Longarm, Enlarge Person, Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation Crew

Guess there's that eventual base of operations we were discussing. :)

Sandman had heard of Tidewater Rock and the fishermen's tales told about the place, but until now he hadn't thought much of them. Ideas began bubbling up in his mind and a small smile crept over his face.


Female Undine Sea Witch 4 | HP 29/29| AC 17 Touch 13 Flatfooted 14 | Saves F +2 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Darkvision 60, Perc +9/11, Swim Speed 30

"Great work, Rickety! We'll be sure to come back with any more prizes we intend to keep.", Nivian comments when the Covenant slides into water, then turns to Pegsworthy:"And thanks to you, Pegs, for christening it. It means a lot to us. May the winds ever blow in your favor."

Previous couple days recruitment?:
The week for the repairs went over fast...could we retroactively do some recruitment to fill up our crew? If so, here's some rolls(I did 1, I do 4 more for 5 nights total of trying to diplomize people into joining - also because nobody else did :) ):
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15 Nope.
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19 Almost. Still Nope.
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Would be 7 new sailors for our crew...we had 5 new previously, putting us at 20/20, or 15/20 without PC's of necessary crew. I think we may want some reserves, especially if we see battle and expect casualities.
7 More would put us at 27/20 necessary with us helping out, and 22/20 if we're doing something else.

Turning to their assembled crew, Nivian steps next to Sandman and Baltzar:"I don't know about you lot, but good fortune and sure sail sounds desirable to me! Lets find ourselves some fat Chellish merchant to warm up for the main act, then get to work and crack that rock! We got a fine seaworthy ship there, while our dear friends ship is in dire need of Ricketys facilities - so what are you waiting for, get on board and prepare her for departure! Last one on the ship has bilge duty!"
Diplomacy to rally crew!: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20


Female Human Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 14 T 13 FF 11 | Fort +2 Ref +7 Will +5 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 | Bardic Performance 14/14 rounds | Bard Spells: 1st—4/4 2nd—2/2

Johara looks absolutely delighted at the relaunch of the ship. "The wind is turning in our favor!" she says as she bounces up and down on her toes and claps her hands together. "Making it ours has really made it a home."

She races up the plank onto the ship, pausing for a moment to wave people along after her. "Come on! We've treasure to hunt!" Then she clambers up into the rigging, ready to make sail at the captain's orders. She makes her way onto a spar, balances there, turns and stands at attention and salutes Nivian. "Rigging awaiting your orders, cap'n!" she shouts.


HP 41/41, AC 12, Touch: 10, Flat Footed 12, Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +6, Init +0, Perception +2 | Scarshield 4/4, Kit 8/10, Active Effects: Mage Armor, Ironskin, Longarm, Enlarge Person, Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation Crew

Sandman shook Pegsworthy's hand. For a Free Captain to bless a new ship is a good omen. We appreciate your help, and your discression reharding Harrigan. Should you need aid in the future, you can call on us."

Watching the exuberance of his shipmates, Sandman gave a rare grin. "It seems they are in a hurry to be underway. If you'll cast us off, we'll clear the dock so you can bring your ship in. I wish you fast winds and slow merchants, Captain."

He was the last up the gangplank. Looking over his crew scurrying and his coven-sisters calling orders, the big man felt at peace for the first time in a long memory.


Tiny Wooden Object Familiar. HP 10/10, Hardness 5, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3 Fear 1/1

It will not last.


HP 41/41, AC 12, Touch: 10, Flat Footed 12, Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +6, Init +0, Perception +2 | Scarshield 4/4, Kit 8/10, Active Effects: Mage Armor, Ironskin, Longarm, Enlarge Person, Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation Crew

It does not have to.


Skull & Shackles roll20 | Reign of Winter roll20 |

Unfortunately Rickety's place has a limit on how many recruits he will allow you to take.

The crew cheer and rush on board leaving Lucky to win the prize of bilge duty. Still, even he has a smile on his face and a sense of purpose in his demeanor.

"You're business is welcome here any time. Luck was on me side when ye arrived, so I send ye off with luck, but next time, bring your own crew and stop poaching mine" he says with light-hearted humor.

"The lads there will serve ye well, but they're better sailors than they are pirates."

Captain Pegsworthy bows with a flourish of his hat and a wave of his hand. "I'd suggest a low profile until you get comfortable on her, but that seems like it would be a waste of words. Steer clear of Harrigan for as long as you're able. No doubt he'll be comin' for ya soon. Your guns on broadside, so don't go rushin' direct at him. Now, if you'll excuse me, I got me own ship to outfit."

The Covenant sets sail on her maiden voyage. The weather is favorable, the sea is kind and it seems as if the world is yours. It's a few hours out to sea when Fishguts approaches the captain's deck. "So. Where we headed?"


HP 41/41, AC 12, Touch: 10, Flat Footed 12, Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +6, Init +0, Perception +2 | Scarshield 4/4, Kit 8/10, Active Effects: Mage Armor, Ironskin, Longarm, Enlarge Person, Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation Crew

"Our priorities now should be training the new crew, recruiting more, and giving ourselves and our new ship's officers a chance to cut their teeth."

"For now, I think looking for targets of opportunity would be best. We should expect the first few to get away, but the chase will be good practice."


Male Dwarf 4th Level Bloodrager (Untouchable Rager) | HP 46/46 | THP 0/8 | AC 17 (15) | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 19 | Fort +7 | Ref +3 | Will +4 | Init +4 | Perc +10 | Bloodrage 17/17

"In the meantime, I'll be looking to make warriors out of our new recruits..." Fargrim puffs up his chest and begins to bellow orders. "New recruits, topside in five minutes with whatever weapons ya have on ya! Any layabouts will be taking a roll with me in the bilge! Get movin'!"


Female Undine Sea Witch 4 | HP 29/29| AC 17 Touch 13 Flatfooted 14 | Saves F +2 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Darkvision 60, Perc +9/11, Swim Speed 30

"Good idea, Fargrim...we'll want them trained and ready for what's coming to them.", Nivian turns to Fishguts:"What Sandy said. We'll hunt for targets of opportunity, until we succeed, and get them new guys bloodied a bit. Then, it we feel they're ready, we can head to this rock Pegs mentioned and make it OUR rock."


Female Human Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 14 T 13 FF 11 | Fort +2 Ref +7 Will +5 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 | Bardic Performance 14/14 rounds | Bard Spells: 1st—4/4 2nd—2/2

Johara listens intently to Nivian's instructions, then salutes as she turns back into the rigging to keep an eye out for any sails on the horizon while working the ship's lines.


Skull & Shackles roll20 | Reign of Winter roll20 |

It's been more than a week out to sea with nary a sight worth mentioning. The crew has been training hard during this time, both learning to fight and their roles aboard the ship. Sandara has managed to keep everyone healthy and Fishguts has kept spirits high, although mostly his own. Rotgut has taken to spending time with the cook but occasionally can be seen up in the crow's nest.

It's not long after sun up before excitement finally breaks the silence. The words, at first shouted from the crow's nest, are then echoed through out the rigging and eventually across the deck until all aboard are aware of the situation.

"SAIL HO!"

Off in the distance, a few miles ahead, is the silhouette of a ship.

DM Rolls:

Profession (sailor): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27

I would like at least 2 of the captains to agree on a course of action, whether to pursue or not, essentially. A profession (sailor) check is needed to pursue.


HP 41/41, AC 12, Touch: 10, Flat Footed 12, Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +6, Init +0, Perception +2 | Scarshield 4/4, Kit 8/10, Active Effects: Mage Armor, Ironskin, Longarm, Enlarge Person, Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation Crew

Are we close enough to tell what kind of ship it is from the rigging or sail shape?


Female Undine Sea Witch 4 | HP 29/29| AC 17 Touch 13 Flatfooted 14 | Saves F +2 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Darkvision 60, Perc +9/11, Swim Speed 30

"Lets take a closer look shall we? To see if that is prey, or a hunter.", Nivian responds to the shouts, turning to her co-captains for confirmation as she turns the wheel slowly bringing the Covenant on a course to intercept the other vessel.
Profession(Sailor/Navigator): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28
I second Sandmans question...but when in doubt, I vote for getting closer. Can't go plunder a ship if we try to evade those :)


Female Human Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 14 T 13 FF 11 | Fort +2 Ref +7 Will +5 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 | Bardic Performance 14/14 rounds | Bard Spells: 1st—4/4 2nd—2/2

Johara moves to adjust sail so that the Covenant can close with the unknown vessel, and occasionally stops to peer in the distance to see if she can catch sight of its crew or colors.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21


Skull & Shackles roll20 | Reign of Winter roll20 |

From this distance, no details are visible. It looks to be a three sail ship but that also could just be the light reflecting off of the sails or even the water.

The experience and training over the last week seems to have paid off as the Covenant gains ground on the other ship but it's taken most of the day. The sun is already sinking but there are still a few more hours of daylight left.

Johara:

With your perception check, you can tell that the ship has spotted you and is trying to evade pursuit.

Continuing pursuit throughout the night and into the morning will require another Profession (Sailor) check and either a Diplomacy or Intimidate check to spur the crew onward.


Female Human Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 14 T 13 FF 11 | Fort +2 Ref +7 Will +5 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 | Bardic Performance 14/14 rounds | Bard Spells: 1st—4/4 2nd—2/2

Johara calls down from up in the rigging, "They've spotted us cap'n and they're raising sail to evade!"


HP 41/41, AC 12, Touch: 10, Flat Footed 12, Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +6, Init +0, Perception +2 | Scarshield 4/4, Kit 8/10, Active Effects: Mage Armor, Ironskin, Longarm, Enlarge Person, Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation Crew

Realizing they were looking at an all-night pursuit and knowing what that would do to the crew by the time they caught their quarry, Sandman walked up the stairs to join Nivian at the helm.

"If we run the crew all night they'll be spent by the time we catch our prey. I want to split them into two shifts, two hours on, two hours off. Think you can still catch that ship if we're running undercrewed?"


Female Undine Sea Witch 4 | HP 29/29| AC 17 Touch 13 Flatfooted 14 | Saves F +2 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Darkvision 60, Perc +9/11, Swim Speed 30

Nivian smiles at Sandman, then turns the Covenant slightly, her sails catching fully and the ship jumping forward a bit:"I'd rather think so, aye. But make the shifts longer, to let them catch some sleep. Half of them are too green, too nervous, too excited to find rest within the first hour."
Profession(Sailor): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32
Turning to the deck, with many of their Crew having gathered to see the other ship, Nivian shouts loudly:"They are trying to evade us. That makes them prey, and us their hunters. Fishguts, get some spiced rum cooking to keep us warm through the hunt!"
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20


HP 41/41, AC 12, Touch: 10, Flat Footed 12, Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +6, Init +0, Perception +2 | Scarshield 4/4, Kit 8/10, Active Effects: Mage Armor, Ironskin, Longarm, Enlarge Person, Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation Crew

Sandman nodded and grinned, stomping back down to the main deck.

"Johara! Fargrim! Split your crews! Half on, half off, three hour rotations!"

"Shortstone! Make sure everyone's geared up! Crew inspection is in six hours"


Male Dwarf 4th Level Bloodrager (Untouchable Rager) | HP 46/46 | THP 0/8 | AC 17 (15) | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 19 | Fort +7 | Ref +3 | Will +4 | Init +4 | Perc +10 | Bloodrage 17/17

Fargrim grins and starts bellowing orders. "You heard the Captain! Gather your gear and prepare yourself for a fight! Move out you lazy slowcoaches! Those of you not working, get below deck and sleep. And don't worry, I won't let none of yous miss the fight!" He grins, his white teeth very visible beneath the short beard, and rubs his hands together as he looks up at the taller half-orc. "Now this is going to be a good time!"


Female Human Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 14 T 13 FF 11 | Fort +2 Ref +7 Will +5 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 | Bardic Performance 14/14 rounds | Bard Spells: 1st—4/4 2nd—2/2

Whipping her way through the rigging, Johara shouts out as well. "All right, monkeys, if you're currently starboard, you're off shift! Everyone else spread out to cover for the next three bells. And get your gear in order!"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 41/41, AC 12, Touch: 10, Flat Footed 12, Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +6, Init +0, Perception +2 | Scarshield 4/4, Kit 8/10, Active Effects: Mage Armor, Ironskin, Longarm, Enlarge Person, Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation Crew

Oh... I see what happened here.

Conchobar Shortstone is the name of our resident Gnome from the days back on the Wormwood. He's a tailor who always wanted to be a pirate. He made himself a very fancy pirate costume complete with frock coat, big hat and an eyepatch, he doesn't actually need. He hung around in Port Peril acting the part of a scalawag, and got press ganged for it. He's our Quartermaster, hence the thing about having him make sure our crew was geared up.

As funny as it is, Sandman isn't the type to make short jokes. :)


Skull & Shackles roll20 | Reign of Winter roll20 |

The crew cheers loudly at being driven towards something they've all been dreaming of for weeks now. Those manning the starboard side rush over to rest for a respite, cheering as they go. Those remaining on deck are so full of adrenaline that they easily muster the strength to work harder. The Covenant surges onward, gaining ground on the target vessel.

Several hours later, the men present themselves for inspection. Everyone is awake, but a long night has taken it's toll. They are all armed, but shoulders sag and eyes are half-opened. The moon hangs high in the night sky and provides enough light to make out more details of the fleeing ship.

She's not much more than a keelboat. It's a relatively small vessel with a single sail. The words Eltain Baide can be seen with a spyglass, scrawled into the wooden hull.

A DC 15 Profession (sailor) check is needed to catch the prize. However, the crew is fatigued and the check suffers a -2 penalty.

DM Rolls:

Profession (sailor): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15


Female Undine Sea Witch 4 | HP 29/29| AC 17 Touch 13 Flatfooted 14 | Saves F +2 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Darkvision 60, Perc +9/11, Swim Speed 30

Profession(Sailor)-Penalty: 1d20 + 13 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 13 - 2 = 25
Using winds and waves to their advantage, Nivian expertly guides the Covenant ever closer to the small vessel. If there's a moments respite she'll use it to throw up her Mage Armor when they come within range of projectile weaponry.
"Look sharp, ladies and gentleman, your first performance with a real audience is coming up! Make it a good one!", she shouts from the wheel as the crew line up for inspection and get mentally prepared to board the Eltain Baide.


Skull & Shackles roll20 | Reign of Winter roll20 |

After a long, well fought and drawn-out chase, the Covenant finally pulls up along the Elten Baide, a Sargaven fishing hooker, and ripe with a full catch by the smell of her. Her single mast stands alone under the moonlight and there are no obvious signs of ballistas or catapults.

Few very crew are on her deck. One rather perturbed looking dwarf stands at the rear and seems to follow the Covenant as she ever pulls closer.

"Captain Vesgal Falkirk at your service. What can I do ye for?"


Dancing lights, Mage Armor and Enlarge Person are up. Activating Scar Shield as we pull along side the ship.

Sandman stood on the deck towering over everyone, his mask biting into his face and twisting his features into something horrifying. His scars looked like the void, occasional distant stars glinting within him. Dancing motes of light drifted around him like fireflies.

"Have your men stand down and prepare to be boarded, Captain. We will not harm you if you comply." his voice was calm and without malice, but carried unnaturally and seemed layered with a second, far more sinister voice.

Intimidate, size bonus, aid another from Mask: 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 12 + 1 + 2 = 20

2,001 to 2,050 of 2,242 << first < prev | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Welcome aboard the Wormwood. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.