The Many-Faced GM's Skulls and Shackles (Inactive)

Game Master Nickadeamous

Skull & Shackles roll20
The Covenant
Crew

Current Plunder: 5
Infamy: 2
Disrepute: 2


2,151 to 2,200 of 2,242 << first < prev | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | next > last >>

Female Human Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 14 T 13 FF 11 | Fort +2 Ref +7 Will +5 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 | Bardic Performance 14/14 rounds | Bard Spells: 1st—4/4 2nd—2/2

Johara sidles up next to Nivian and leans against her captain, one arm snaking up Nivian's back to her shoulder. "Their captain, at least, has the look of a man of some influence. I suspect they might pay well for his return," she says. "His crew? I doubt they have much value. Besides, we'd have to go to the slave market if you wanted to sell them in that fashion. And THAT becomes an entire other risk all its own... as I know only too well."


The Nightmare Man nodded once when the issue of the captives was brought up. "Agreed."

On the subject of the captain and the slaver crew he was not so easy to convince. "Amputate the captain's legs. Maroon them here with nothing. Let suffering teach them of consequence and the value of life, or let them die in the lesson."


Female Human Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 14 T 13 FF 11 | Fort +2 Ref +7 Will +5 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 | Bardic Performance 14/14 rounds | Bard Spells: 1st—4/4 2nd—2/2

"While poetic, it wins us no money and no reputation," points out Johara. "The Chelish should learn to fear us, but there must be someone left to tell the tale."


"The tale would be told by them." the giant said, gesturing to the freed slaves still trickling out of the hold into the sun.


Female Undine Sea Witch 4 | HP 29/29| AC 17 Touch 13 Flatfooted 14 | Saves F +2 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Darkvision 60, Perc +9/11, Swim Speed 30

"In their native tongue, on their island? The captain said there are always plenty of primitives, so I doubt those were the only natives. Maroon them here and it will either mean death or freedom for them. If we mean to dishonor terms of surrender, we may as well place them in the hold during our way back, and let those people get revenge.", Nivian shrugs. Building up a reputation of breaking words and dishonoring surrender by creative interpretation of terms was hardly something rare among the lawless professions such as 'Pirate'.
It didn't always make things easier if people were unwilling to trust one, however...
"As for selling them on the slave market...not at all...I intended to sell them to the Natives...as hostages and slave laborers. It would mean they live, unless they anger their new owners...", Nivian shrugs with a grin, "But honestly, I don't REALLY care about their fate."


Male Dwarf 4th Level Bloodrager (Untouchable Rager) | HP 46/46 | THP 0/8 | AC 17 (15) | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 19 | Fort +7 | Ref +3 | Will +4 | Init +4 | Perc +10 | Bloodrage 17/17

Fargrim mostly remains silent during the discussion about the fate of the Chelish captain; however, his views align closer to that of Nivian and Johara. "Agreed, let those Devil-worshiping scum come to fear our sails and the Covenant! I despise their arrogance, reminds me too much of home and their ridiculous rules of honor and tradition."


Female Changeling (Sea) Witch (Hedge, Sea) 4 | HP 18/18 | AC 14 (+2 Dex +2 Natural) Touch 12 Flatfooted 12 | Saves F +0 R +2 W +3 | Init +2 | Darkvision 60; Perc +1, Sense Motive +0 | Allies within 10 feet get +1 morale bonus vs. fear (as long as she is conscious)

"We could always leave their fate to Besmara. Throw the slavers overboard at sea. If they survive, they have her favor. If they don't, they serve her in death."


Female Human Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 14 T 13 FF 11 | Fort +2 Ref +7 Will +5 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 | Bardic Performance 14/14 rounds | Bard Spells: 1st—4/4 2nd—2/2

"I'm reasonably fine with that idea," says Johara with a shrug.


Skull & Shackles roll20 | Reign of Winter roll20 |

There is a sudden scream and loud splash as Owlbear begins pushing the captured Chelish sailors overboard. The first are caught by surprise but the rest struggle to resist. They cannot match Owlbear's strength though and eventually find themselves trying to tread water. Smiles creep over the faces of the slaves, albeit briefly as the preparations begin to return them to shore.

At first you're greeted by a handful of injured women, children, and elderly wielding various weapons. They're intent on resistance is clear and so is their obvious fear and lack of combat prowess. Relief washes over them as their friends and families return. The reunion is emotional but short lived. Most of them quickly disperse and return to recovering from the raid. Tools need to be fixed, homes need to be repaired, and the dead laid to rest.

Shortly after landing the rejoicing is over. The solemn affair of restoring their small village goes on without a word. One older woman approaches and speaks.

"Thank you strangers. We owe you much but we have little of value. You are welcome to stay, if you like. Few of my kin speak your languages, but we have food. Fresh fruits and dried meats."


HP 41/41, AC 12, Touch: 10, Flat Footed 12, Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +6, Init +0, Perception +2 | Scarshield 4/4, Kit 8/10, Active Effects: Mage Armor, Ironskin, Longarm, Enlarge Person, Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation Crew

What language do they speak natively? Polyglot? I think 3 of us speak it.

Sandman had taken off his mask and returned to normal size. He focused on treating the injuries of the freed slaves, letting others do the talking


Male Dwarf 4th Level Bloodrager (Untouchable Rager) | HP 46/46 | THP 0/8 | AC 17 (15) | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 19 | Fort +7 | Ref +3 | Will +4 | Init +4 | Perc +10 | Bloodrage 17/17

Fargrim rubs his hands together at the mention of food. "Do you have anything fresh? Perhaps a celebratory feast in our honor, eh?" He is looking revitalized after the fatigue of the battle upon the ships.


Skull & Shackles roll20 | Reign of Winter roll20 |

"Yes, we have plenty of fresh foods. I can't promise a feast, but we can fill your bellies" the old woman says.

"You will have to forgive my people. Those that do understand you are not likely to talk to you. Some may be curious, but almost all fear and distrust off-landers. Many come to take our people. Many lives are lost. Much hate has grown. You seem to be different. I hope they will see the difference, but many will ignore you. You will be safe here. We are not a vilent people."

Yes, polyglot will work. I had to look it up. I was not familiar with the regional dialects.


Female Undine Sea Witch 4 | HP 29/29| AC 17 Touch 13 Flatfooted 14 | Saves F +2 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Darkvision 60, Perc +9/11, Swim Speed 30

Nivian, sitting a bit to the side and having listened, laughs bitterly: "You are not a violent people? That is WHY they come to take you as slaves. In this world, you are either a wolf, or a sheep. Be sheep if you want. But that hate is power wasted on you. Give us those of your young man and woman who lost families and loved ones, burning with anger. Let them go with us, so that we can benefit from their strenght and raw wildness, and they can get revenge on those they hate while not poisoning your society with violence. Everybody wins."
Diplomacy Take 10: 10 + 8 = 18 Hope we get some circumstance bonus for what we did which would make take 10 a safer option - trying to fetch some recruits there...we got a second vessel to crew right now and we weren't overstaffed before...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 41/41, AC 12, Touch: 10, Flat Footed 12, Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +6, Init +0, Perception +2 | Scarshield 4/4, Kit 8/10, Active Effects: Mage Armor, Ironskin, Longarm, Enlarge Person, Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation Crew

"I doubt there are wolves or sheep on this island," Sandman said with a chuckle. "She means predator or prey," he explained to the village elder.

"She speaks true though. If you have any who are too hurt or too angry to happily remain, we can offer them a place with us."

Since Sandman is about 3/4 Mwangi he probably looks quite a bit like these people. He's obviously from a different tribal group, but he's a lot less of an outsider than the rest of the party. I'm not sure if that will make a difference with their standoffishness, but I thought I'd mention it.


Skull & Shackles roll20 | Reign of Winter roll20 |

"I'm sure a few of my people would like the opportunity to take revenge. Please, sit with us and eat. After, I will see who is willing to abandon our way of life and go with you. If there are any, it would be best that you take them with you. Like I said, we are a peaceful people. Normally the great spirits protect us. They must be punishing us, or maybe our tribe is becoming too many. If they thought we needed to be protected, they would have done so."

By all means, continue your discussion if you like.

The party is less of a party and more of a solemn affair. As promised, the food is fresh and surprising good. Even Fishguts is impressed by how well these "savages" eat. "I could get used to this" he laughed. "Maybe of them should help me cook!"

After the meal is over and cleaned up, the old woman approaches again with 1d4 ⇒ 3 tribal members following her. They are young and fit, although one's arm is in a sling and another limps with recent wounds. They all wear scowls on their faces.

"These men are yours. I offer them as tribute. Their hearts are filled with hate and they do not wish to remain, nor are they welcome to" she says with obvious sadness.


Male Dwarf 4th Level Bloodrager (Untouchable Rager) | HP 46/46 | THP 0/8 | AC 17 (15) | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 19 | Fort +7 | Ref +3 | Will +4 | Init +4 | Perc +10 | Bloodrage 17/17

Fargrim stands, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand and looks over the men with an appraising eye. "You all can fight, yeah?" He looks them each in the eye before glancing back towards the elder to translate. In the meantime he calls over his shoulder to Sandman. "Sandman, check out their wounds and work your mojo. I want to test their mettle."


HP 41/41, AC 12, Touch: 10, Flat Footed 12, Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +6, Init +0, Perception +2 | Scarshield 4/4, Kit 8/10, Active Effects: Mage Armor, Ironskin, Longarm, Enlarge Person, Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation Crew

Sandman nodded.

"Please come here." he said in Polyglot. "I'd like to check your wounds."

I'll take 10 for 21 to inspect their wounds

"Tell me how you were injured."


Female Undine Sea Witch 4 | HP 29/29| AC 17 Touch 13 Flatfooted 14 | Saves F +2 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Darkvision 60, Perc +9/11, Swim Speed 30

"We wish to learn how we can help you realize your destiny. Our eager friend there means to test you, to learn what raw potential he will have to work with, to mold you into instruments of vengeance."
Nivian pauses for a moment, continuing in the same polyglot: "That means the 3 of you get to fight him. Simultaneously. Feel free to try and impress your future teacher. And don't insult him by holding back. He won't."
Turning to Fargrim, she asks in common with a wide grin:"Should we give them weapons to level the field? A straight unarmed combat three versus one would hardly be fair."


HP 41/41, AC 12, Touch: 10, Flat Footed 12, Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +6, Init +0, Perception +2 | Scarshield 4/4, Kit 8/10, Active Effects: Mage Armor, Ironskin, Longarm, Enlarge Person, Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation Crew

"We have a pile of weapons from the disarmed slavers. Let them take their pick." Sandman suggested.


Male Dwarf 4th Level Bloodrager (Untouchable Rager) | HP 46/46 | THP 0/8 | AC 17 (15) | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 19 | Fort +7 | Ref +3 | Will +4 | Init +4 | Perc +10 | Bloodrage 17/17

Just know that Fargrim doesn't have Improved Unarmed Combat so every time I take a swing they will get AoO; however, Fargrim does love a challenge.

He rubs his hands together in anticipation and grins wickedly. "Alright, Captain, I do enjoy a good challenge. Give them yet another reason to be wary of me!"


Female Undine Sea Witch 4 | HP 29/29| AC 17 Touch 13 Flatfooted 14 | Saves F +2 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Darkvision 60, Perc +9/11, Swim Speed 30

Oh, by all means, I expected you to use a Cestus or Brass Knuckles yourself. Just not your Dorn-Dergar. I expected the -4 for dealing nonlethal would offset their lack of armor, and that would be the "penalty", rather than provoking for every punch you throw :) Sorry I did not actually vocalize that. But do it the way you want ;) I just figured it would be a fitting show-of-force to have you outnumbered and outgunned and still kicking ass and taking names :)


Male Dwarf 4th Level Bloodrager (Untouchable Rager) | HP 46/46 | THP 0/8 | AC 17 (15) | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 19 | Fort +7 | Ref +3 | Will +4 | Init +4 | Perc +10 | Bloodrage 17/17

Ohhhh, well in that case let's do this thing. I think that would be a fitting way to do it with some brass knuckles and pulling his punches. I like that idea.


Skull & Shackles roll20 | Reign of Winter roll20 |

All three of the tribesmen have weapon wounds and they all look fresh. The wounds were incurred as they tried to defend their island from the slavers, although any real training and cohesion doomed them to more seasoned cutthroats. As their wounds are healed, they look on with admiration and appreciation. They nod to each other and in an instant, draw concealed daggers from their waists. They lunge forward, one after another. Their attacks are powerful, yet undisciplined.

Warrior 1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Warrior 1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Warrior 1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Round 1 - Player's Turn!


Male Dwarf 4th Level Bloodrager (Untouchable Rager) | HP 46/46 | THP 0/8 | AC 17 (15) | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 19 | Fort +7 | Ref +3 | Will +4 | Init +4 | Perc +10 | Bloodrage 17/17

Attack: 1d20 + 7 - 4 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 7 - 4 - 2 = 18
Non-lethal Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 4 = 12

Fargrim lets out a wild laugh at he dodges around the blades. "Not good enough! Work as a team, not as individuals. Surround your opponent, don't give them anywhere go!" With that, he suddenly draws his boarding axe and with a brutal strike he swings the weapon towards one of the young men, using the flat of the axe head to avoid any serious damage.


Skull & Shackles roll20 | Reign of Winter roll20 |

The blow rattles the man. He grits his teeth and tries to shake it off. Following their instructor's directions, they spread out more and try to attack from different sides. It's painfully obvious that this is their first attempt at fighting together.

Warrior 1, flank: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 2 = 11
Warrior 2, flank: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 2 = 12
Warrior 3: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Round 2 - Player's Turn!


Male Dwarf 4th Level Bloodrager (Untouchable Rager) | HP 46/46 | THP 0/8 | AC 17 (15) | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 19 | Fort +7 | Ref +3 | Will +4 | Init +4 | Perc +10 | Bloodrage 17/17

Fargrim sighs exasperatedly as he once again dodges nearly all the blows, once manages to land, but his armor turns the blade. "Come now, is this the best you can manage?!" He roars in challenge and once again swings the axe with the flat of the blade towards the same warrior.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 7 - 4 = 14
Non-Lethal Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


HP 41/41, AC 12, Touch: 10, Flat Footed 12, Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +6, Init +0, Perception +2 | Scarshield 4/4, Kit 8/10, Active Effects: Mage Armor, Ironskin, Longarm, Enlarge Person, Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation Crew

Sandman stood nearby leaning on his massive war club, enjoying the show but ready to move in if anyone was close to death.

Taking 10 on Heal to monitor everyone's wounds.


Skull & Shackles roll20 | Reign of Winter roll20 |

Fargrim's blow connects, dropping the native where he stood. The other two renew their efforts, to no avail.

Warrior 2, flank: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 2 = 13
Warrior 3, flank: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 2 = 10

Sigh, 3 rounds of combat and I can't break 8 on a d20.

Round 3 - Player's Turn!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Dwarf 4th Level Bloodrager (Untouchable Rager) | HP 46/46 | THP 0/8 | AC 17 (15) | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 19 | Fort +7 | Ref +3 | Will +4 | Init +4 | Perc +10 | Bloodrage 17/17

I swear that's how I almost always roll it seems.

Fargrim throws the axe down in disgust. "It's no wonder your families were taken! You couldn't even cut down a tree standing still!" Throwing caution to the wind, the slightly insane dwarf starts throwing punches against the armed opponents.

Unarmed Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Nonlethal Damage: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


HP 41/41, AC 12, Touch: 10, Flat Footed 12, Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +6, Init +0, Perception +2 | Scarshield 4/4, Kit 8/10, Active Effects: Mage Armor, Ironskin, Longarm, Enlarge Person, Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation Crew

...and there's the 8 charisma we know and love.

Sandman winced at Fargrim's tirade. He understood what the dwarf was trying to do, but those words would be a long time to heal. Not good in building camaraderie with new crew.


Female Changeling (Sea) Witch (Hedge, Sea) 4 | HP 18/18 | AC 14 (+2 Dex +2 Natural) Touch 12 Flatfooted 12 | Saves F +0 R +2 W +3 | Init +2 | Darkvision 60; Perc +1, Sense Motive +0 | Allies within 10 feet get +1 morale bonus vs. fear (as long as she is conscious)

She smirks a bit at the scathing comments.


Skull & Shackles roll20 | Reign of Winter roll20 |

The dwarf's hands prove less effective than his blunted axe as he lands no blows in this exchange. The remaining tribesmen unleash guttural growls as they tap an inner anger previously unexplored. Without his wicked axe, the men appear to abandon all fear as they lunge simultaneously for the dwarf. He manages to bring both his arms up, intercepting the blades of the daggers with his forearms.

Fargrim takes 15 points of piercing damage as the warriors finally land blows.

Warrior 2, flank, RAGE!: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 4 + 2 + 2 = 27
Warrior 3, flank, RAGE!: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 4 + 2 + 2 = 27
Warrior 2, flank, RAGE!, confirm: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 2 + 2 = 16
Warrior 3, flank, RAGE!, confirm: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 2 + 2 = 13
piercing damage, RAGE!: 1d4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 2 = 7
piercing damage, RAGE!: 1d4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 2 = 8

Round 4 - Player's Turn!


Male Dwarf 4th Level Bloodrager (Untouchable Rager) | HP 46/46 | THP 0/8 | AC 17 (15) | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 19 | Fort +7 | Ref +3 | Will +4 | Init +4 | Perc +10 | Bloodrage 17/17

Fargrim grins as the blades of the daggers sink into the flesh of his forearms. He roars in raucous laughter. "Yes! That's it, boys! Let go of the fear." He recognizes the glazed look of rage in their eyes and follows suit, dropping the ever-present barrier to his own bloodline powers. "Let the rage guide your strikes. It's yours to command, it doesn't command you!" With that he strikes out suddenly, connecting his mighty fist into the solar plexus of one of the warriors!

Unarmed Attack: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 9 - 2 = 24
Nonlethal Damage: 1d3 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 4 = 10

Action: Free to initiate Bloodrage. Standard to Attack.


Female Undine Sea Witch 4 | HP 29/29| AC 17 Touch 13 Flatfooted 14 | Saves F +2 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Darkvision 60, Perc +9/11, Swim Speed 30

"Good! Use your aggressive feelings, boys. Let the hate flow through you.", Nivian comments, laughing, then humming a tune.
She had been unsure if the scathing comment had been a good idea, but Fargrim seemed to have judged them correctly.
With everybody watching and focused on the battle, she glances at Johara beside her, not trying to hide the desire in her eyes.
This combat, what was happening, that was true liberation. It was life. It was intense, and it was primal.
And that...was inspiring, in more ways than one.
Once Fargrim manages to drop the second one, I'll grant the last one Fortune *evil grin* - Fargrim could probably notice it, but I'm sure he'll understand ^_^


Skull & Shackles roll20 | Reign of Winter roll20 |

Fargrim's blow knocks the wind of the warrior but he doesn't notice. The rage has filled him and flows fully through him now.

The tribesmen, under the power of their bloodlust now, don't hold back. Their daggers streak through the air, driven by hard hands, deep into harder flesh.

Fargrim takes another 15 points of piercing damage.

Warrior 2, flank, RAGE: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 4 + 2 + 2 = 28
Warrior 3, flank, RAGE: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 2 + 2 = 20
Warrior 2, flank, RAGE, confirm!: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 2 + 2 = 9
Piercing damage: 1d4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 2 = 7
Piercing damage: 1d4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 2 = 8

Round 5 - Player's Turn!


Male Dwarf 4th Level Bloodrager (Untouchable Rager) | HP 46/46 | THP 0/8 | AC 17 (15) | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 19 | Fort +7 | Ref +3 | Will +4 | Init +4 | Perc +10 | Bloodrage 17/17

Fargrim, now deep into his own form of rage, does not seem to notice the open wounds and blood streaking down his arms. As the warrior draws the bleed from his flesh, Fargrim strikes out with an uppercut to the chin!

Unarmed Attack: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 9 - 2 = 15
Nonlethal Damage: 1d3 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 4 = 12


Skull & Shackles roll20 | Reign of Winter roll20 |

Fargrim's fist proves too much for the young islander as he topples to the ground, his eyes rolled up into his head. The final tribesman screams again in rage and aims to end the dwarf, for the honor of the tribe.

Fargrim takes 5 points of piercing damage.

Warrior 3, RAGE: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 4 + 2 = 21
Piercing damage: 1d4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 2 = 5

Round 6 - Player's Turn!


Male Dwarf 4th Level Bloodrager (Untouchable Rager) | HP 46/46 | THP 0/8 | AC 17 (15) | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 19 | Fort +7 | Ref +3 | Will +4 | Init +4 | Perc +10 | Bloodrage 17/17

Fargrim continues to ignore the numerous wounds that are taking their toll upon his body. As the warriors recovers from his attack, Fargrim lunges forward and slams his forehead hard into his torso!

Unarmed Attack: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 9 - 2 = 18
Nonlethal Damage: 1d3 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 4 = 10


Skull & Shackles roll20 | Reign of Winter roll20 |

Fargrim's head slams into his foe's stomach, knocking the wind from the man but the man saw it coming. His fury refused to let him dodge the blow. Instead he reversed the grip on his dagger and brought it down into the dwarf's shoulder. The blade sunk deep into flesh and tendon, spilling even more of the dwarf's blood into the soil below.

Fargrim takes another 8 points of piercing damage.

Round 7 - Player's Turn!

Warrior 3, RAGE: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 2 = 18
piercing damage: 1d4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 2 = 8


Male Dwarf 4th Level Bloodrager (Untouchable Rager) | HP 46/46 | THP 0/8 | AC 17 (15) | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 19 | Fort +7 | Ref +3 | Will +4 | Init +4 | Perc +10 | Bloodrage 17/17

Fargrim grunts with the impact of the blade, gritting his teeth against the pain of metal scraping against bone. Blood is now freely pouring from his numerous wounds, but the bloodfury has him now! Instead of trying to distance himself, Fargrim leans in around the young warrior's waist in a bear-hug and drives his knee up into the man's groin with fierce determination!

Unarmed Attack: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 9 - 2 = 19
Nonlethal Damage: 1d3 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 4 = 10


Skull & Shackles roll20 | Reign of Winter roll20 |

The knee to the groin is more than the man can take. His eyes roll back into his head as he collapses in a heap, his dagger falling freely to the dirt below.

Several other tribesmen stand around stoicly. With all eyes on the fight, it was easy for them to approach unnoticed. With the fight now ended, they simply walk away without a word.

Combat over!


Male Dwarf 4th Level Bloodrager (Untouchable Rager) | HP 46/46 | THP 0/8 | AC 17 (15) | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 19 | Fort +7 | Ref +3 | Will +4 | Init +4 | Perc +10 | Bloodrage 17/17

Fargrim looks around with wary eyes for a moment, blood pouring freely from several knife wounds. Once he realizes that fight was over, he slips out of his bloodrage and falls to a knee, breathing heavily. He looks over the three unconscious warriors and stands as he turns to Sandman. "Heal these men, they fought well." He glances to Johara. "Bring some drinks, they will need it to drink away the headache that is about to come."

He will shoo away any healing until the three warriors have been healed and are back on their feet.


HP 41/41, AC 12, Touch: 10, Flat Footed 12, Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +6, Init +0, Perception +2 | Scarshield 4/4, Kit 8/10, Active Effects: Mage Armor, Ironskin, Longarm, Enlarge Person, Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation Crew

Sandman Knelt and started working. Alchemical blue sand numbed the pain and caked to form a fast scab beneath the bandages. With their drinks they each received a wad of herbs that amplified the alcohol's painkilling effects. As the blue sand leached into the skin it dyed the healing tussue. The impact marks from Fargrim's knuckles would be stained a bit darker on the skin, like a leopard's spots, forevermore.

"Well fought. Fargrim's respect is not easily won." Sandman said while he worked. "Let's move this to the ship."

Over the course of the next two hours I'll take 10 on Heal checks for Treat Deadly Wounds on each of them. They each regain HP equal to their level x2

When he was finished he scattered a burst of sand towards Fargrim. It swirled and bound to his gashes. It hurt, but shortly after he began feeling much better.

Spending 15 minutes to use the two spell slots I left open. Casting Scarify on Fargrim, twice
Damage converted into Non-lethal: 4d6 + 8 ⇒ (4, 3, 5, 1) + 8 = 21
I'm out of spells for the day.

By morning, Fargrim would have his own collection of blue-tinted scars.

That night I will provide Long Term Care for all the wounded, so they'll all regain their level x2 overnight as well.


Female Human Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 14 T 13 FF 11 | Fort +2 Ref +7 Will +5 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 | Bardic Performance 14/14 rounds | Bard Spells: 1st—4/4 2nd—2/2

Johara pauses only briefly before she moves on swift feet to the kitchen to fetch a rum-cask and several mugs to pass around.


Female Changeling (Sea) Witch (Hedge, Sea) 4 | HP 18/18 | AC 14 (+2 Dex +2 Natural) Touch 12 Flatfooted 12 | Saves F +0 R +2 W +3 | Init +2 | Darkvision 60; Perc +1, Sense Motive +0 | Allies within 10 feet get +1 morale bonus vs. fear (as long as she is conscious)

Baltzar helps with healing, if needed.


Female Undine Sea Witch 4 | HP 29/29| AC 17 Touch 13 Flatfooted 14 | Saves F +2 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Darkvision 60, Perc +9/11, Swim Speed 30

Nivian claps slowly, when the fight is over.
"Their initiation is complete. Let us celebrate the addition of these fine new crewmen tonight.", she smiles, then glances at the leaving tribesman who watched: <Polyglot>"They did well, but their strenght is raw. Fargrim harnessed his rage, used it, rather than let it take control, and he won in the end. But your strenght would suffice to fend off slavers if you stood against them together."</Polyglot>
She had little hopes that they would change their ways, but watching the fight had elated her spirits.
As Baltzar moves to help with healing, Nivian stops her:"Sandy will keep them alive. That suffices, for now. When we feast and drink tonight, let them feel the pain, the wounds, that they will remember the nature of battle and the price of freedom in the future. Fargrim was careful to not seriously injure them - let them sleep it off."
I also have healing left...it would be efficient to use it, but I think it's more flavorful and allows a better bonding between Fargrim and his Storm Commandos if we're waiting a bit(nonlethal damage heals quickly) - but by all means, feel free to disagree.


Skull & Shackles roll20 | Reign of Winter roll20 |

With the feast done and the fight finished, the pirates return to the longboats and put back out to sea. As they close to within 40 yards of the Covenant, a ship suddenly comes into view, sailing across the setting sun. The glaring light behind it makes the details of the ship difficult to make out, but its lines suggest a whaler riding low in the water. As the last light of day light disappears below the horizon, the distant ship also drops from sight in the gloom of twilight.

DC 10 Profession (sailor):

The vessel was not moving under the power of the wind.

The evening passes without much fanfare. The crew is somewhat happier, having a chance to spill some blood. There are a few murmurs about spoils of war and empty holds but nothing said directly, only whispers in the shadows.

So you have a 2nd ship, but not enough crew to crew it. You have a few points of plunder, but plenty of room in the hold yet. So, what's next? Another island? Ship hunting? Back to Rickety's? The sea's the limit. Also, there's a lot of role play potential here. If you could at least describe what you're doing through the night, that'd help.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 14 T 13 FF 11 | Fort +2 Ref +7 Will +5 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 | Bardic Performance 14/14 rounds | Bard Spells: 1st—4/4 2nd—2/2

I described what I was doing through the night in a private message to Nivian. Oooh la la!


HP 41/41, AC 12, Touch: 10, Flat Footed 12, Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +6, Init +0, Perception +2 | Scarshield 4/4, Kit 8/10, Active Effects: Mage Armor, Ironskin, Longarm, Enlarge Person, Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation Crew

Selling the second ship at Rickety's would be my vote.

Profession Sailor: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

"That ship is not moving naturally. No wind drives it." Sandman said, squinting into the glare.

Sandman spent the early part of the night tending to the wounded. The crew ate well, feasting on Manticore steaks. Conchobar was asked to come up with some suitable clothing and armor for their new crewmen.

More to come later. Gotta cut it short for now.


Female Changeling (Sea) Witch (Hedge, Sea) 4 | HP 18/18 | AC 14 (+2 Dex +2 Natural) Touch 12 Flatfooted 12 | Saves F +0 R +2 W +3 | Init +2 | Darkvision 60; Perc +1, Sense Motive +0 | Allies within 10 feet get +1 morale bonus vs. fear (as long as she is conscious)

Profession (Sailor}: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Notices just as she hears Sandman. "Nice magic... We need to learn that."

As for what Balzar is doing, she will teach the new crew about Besmara, if they are willing to listen. (Not going to force them.)

(Should I roll anything? Diplomacy to convince them to listen? Religion to make it informative?)

2,151 to 2,200 of 2,242 << first < prev | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Welcome aboard the Wormwood. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.