The Many-Faced GM's Skulls and Shackles (Inactive)

Game Master Nickadeamous

Skull & Shackles roll20
The Covenant
Crew

Current Plunder: 5
Infamy: 2
Disrepute: 2


1,951 to 2,000 of 2,242 << first < prev | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | next > last >>

Female Human Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 14 T 13 FF 11 | Fort +2 Ref +7 Will +5 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 | Bardic Performance 14/14 rounds | Bard Spells: 1st—4/4 2nd—2/2

Johara arches her back and attempts to stand with a spin, but the wasp venom ruins her balance and she winds up sprawled on her side. She ruefully accepts a hand up.

"I'm all shaky," she says. "Not sure I'll be any good if another scuffle happens."


HP 41/41, AC 12, Touch: 10, Flat Footed 12, Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +6, Init +0, Perception +2 | Scarshield 4/4, Kit 8/10, Active Effects: Mage Armor, Ironskin, Longarm, Enlarge Person, Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation Crew

Sandman seemed a little surprised at Johara's jokes. His answer was a touch uncomfortable, like he didn't quite know what to say. "No. It does not deal in pleasure. At best it relieves pain."

When Nivian started giving orders he was immediately relieved. He have a curt nod, hung the mask on his shoulder and went off in search of survivors.


Female Human Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 14 T 13 FF 11 | Fort +2 Ref +7 Will +5 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 | Bardic Performance 14/14 rounds | Bard Spells: 1st—4/4 2nd—2/2

Johara looks down at the boardwalk for a moment and, catching the sudden change in tenor, says, "I'm sorry if I didn't take that seriously enough. I respect what you do and the sacrifices that you make to do it."


Female Changeling (Sea) Witch (Hedge, Sea) 4 | HP 18/18 | AC 14 (+2 Dex +2 Natural) Touch 12 Flatfooted 12 | Saves F +0 R +2 W +3 | Init +2 | Darkvision 60; Perc +1, Sense Motive +0 | Allies within 10 feet get +1 morale bonus vs. fear (as long as she is conscious)

Okay, yeah good plan if you have some to spare. :) Especially since I don't have to memorize healing spells, I'm a hedge witch I can spontaneous cast Cure spells just like a cleric, so that also leaves the actual spells I have memorized open if we need them.


Female Human Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 14 T 13 FF 11 | Fort +2 Ref +7 Will +5 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 | Bardic Performance 14/14 rounds | Bard Spells: 1st—4/4 2nd—2/2

With trembling fingers Johara weaves a pair of healing spells for herself.

Cure light wounds: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Cure light wounds: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Healed. DM, how many more poison saves am I lookin' at?


Skull & Shackles roll20 | Reign of Winter roll20 |

Thanks to Sandman and his mask, none. The DC would be 20, you rolled an 18 before Sandman's bonus of +4 so that's enough. Only 1 success is needed to overcome the poison. You still currently have 2 points of Dex damage though.


Female Undine Sea Witch 4 | HP 29/29| AC 17 Touch 13 Flatfooted 14 | Saves F +2 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Darkvision 60, Perc +9/11, Swim Speed 30

"Aye, you are shaky, which is why I'm taking care of you. We're going to find Rickety. Ask if that is something happening regular here, and asking if there's anything we can help with right now. It's still his place, and any work that cuts the price we need to pay for the modifications of the Covenant is welcome.", Nivian helps Johara up, then makes her way towards where she suspects Rickety to have gone.
Looking back for a moment, she smirks:"I doubt someone will have the gall to steal from us...we'll come back later, see if we can use some parts of those wasps. Maybe Sandman can extract some of that poison, and the wings could have a variety of uses..."


Female Human Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 14 T 13 FF 11 | Fort +2 Ref +7 Will +5 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 | Bardic Performance 14/14 rounds | Bard Spells: 1st—4/4 2nd—2/2

"Right, let's go see," says Johara. She wobbles slightly on her feet. "Just, um, a bit cautiously."


Skull & Shackles roll20 | Reign of Winter roll20 |

The wasps have been either driven off or slain. Several workers lie on the ground where they fell to the wasps. After a minute or two of calm, Rickety emerges from the commons with two workers in tow. They break off and a minute later return to report that only two workers are missing and all of the ship's crew are accounted for.

"If it weren't for you, I coulda lost half my staff easy. It seems I owe yous, again..." Before Rickety is able to finish his sentence, the alarm is raised. The call goes out and is quickly echoed throughout the village until it reaches everyone's ears; "invaders!" The workers scatter again but this time Rickety stands his ground. He turns his focus to the docks and points "there.'

Nine men stand on the docks. Eight of them have weapons drawn and have formed a defensive half-circle perimeter around the last who is clearly dressed in much more expensive and dashing clothes. In the distance anchored in the cove is a Chelish galleon.

DC 15 Knowledge (local):

It's high unlikely that the Chelish navy would know the location of Rickety's Squibs.

DC 18 Perception:

The men are not dressed as Chelish marines.

DC 15 Sense Motive:

The men have not taken any direct offensive actions. They have clearly setup a defensive perimeter.


Female Undine Sea Witch 4 | HP 29/29| AC 17 Touch 13 Flatfooted 14 | Saves F +2 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Darkvision 60, Perc +9/11, Swim Speed 30

Knowledge(local): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

"Chellians? Here? They should not even know this place exists - guess when it rains, it pours." Nivian exclaims frustrated - moving in front of Johara protectively, she calls out:"Here" to retrieve any of her crew that still might be busy with their tasks or missing.

For now, all she could do was watch the men from a defensive stance next to Rickety - and grant herself some fortune.


Female Human Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 14 T 13 FF 11 | Fort +2 Ref +7 Will +5 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 | Bardic Performance 14/14 rounds | Bard Spells: 1st—4/4 2nd—2/2

Johara stays behind Nivian, as directed. "What do we do, captain?" she asks. "Are we going to stay here and fight, or go back to the ship to protect it from possible boarders?"


Female Undine Sea Witch 4 | HP 29/29| AC 17 Touch 13 Flatfooted 14 | Saves F +2 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Darkvision 60, Perc +9/11, Swim Speed 30

"With the work they do on her, she's not fit to sail, and we have no valuables there. So I'm not worried about boarders...we'll stand with Rickety and his men - there is strenght in numbers...", Nivian replies, well aware that Rickety can hear them.
Plus I hope someone else does better on these rolls :P - out of character, the setup feels strange.


Female Human Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 14 T 13 FF 11 | Fort +2 Ref +7 Will +5 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 | Bardic Performance 14/14 rounds | Bard Spells: 1st—4/4 2nd—2/2

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

"They're forming a perimeter, not attacking. This doesn't look like a raid," says Johara, her brow furrowing.


HP 41/41, AC 12, Touch: 10, Flat Footed 12, Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +6, Init +0, Perception +2 | Scarshield 4/4, Kit 8/10, Active Effects: Mage Armor, Ironskin, Longarm, Enlarge Person, Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation Crew

"Well, I would imagine they were just fighting wasps..." Sandman said with a small smile.

"Perhaps we should ask what they want. Captain."


Female Changeling (Sea) Witch (Hedge, Sea) 4 | HP 18/18 | AC 14 (+2 Dex +2 Natural) Touch 12 Flatfooted 12 | Saves F +0 R +2 W +3 | Init +2 | Darkvision 60; Perc +1, Sense Motive +0 | Allies within 10 feet get +1 morale bonus vs. fear (as long as she is conscious)

Says nothing, but keeps a watchful eye on the newcomers.


Male Dwarf 4th Level Bloodrager (Untouchable Rager) | HP 46/46 | THP 0/8 | AC 17 (15) | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 19 | Fort +7 | Ref +3 | Will +4 | Init +4 | Perc +10 | Bloodrage 17/17

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27

Fargrim grits his teeth and draws his dorn-dergar. "If its a fight they want, they'll get it." His eyes narrow as he notices something strange. "Either these fools are too stupid to know they are not dressed like Chelish marines or they are not trying to impersonate them. Perhaps I should kill a few of them to loosen some lips. What do you say, Captain?" He offers a slightly mad grin. "Urdrid is ready for another dance."


Female Undine Sea Witch 4 | HP 29/29| AC 17 Touch 13 Flatfooted 14 | Saves F +2 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Darkvision 60, Perc +9/11, Swim Speed 30

"Ha, I like your way of thinking, Fargrim, but it's not our dance hall, but Ricketys."
Contemplating a moment, Nivian continues:"It's a chellish galleon, but they are not dressed like chellish marines and they seem content to stand there, at the pier. If they meant to dance, they would probably have used the distraction caused by the wasps to take actions. I daresay that chellish galleon had different owners until pretty recently, and these fine gentleman are here for the same reason we are. Probably sent out a sideboat when nobody came to welcome them."
Glancing at Rickety to see if he agrees with her interpretation, and satisfied that the remainder of their nearby crew forms up behind them, she calls out to the newcomers:"Who are you, and what brings you here?"


Skull & Shackles roll20 | Reign of Winter roll20 |

"I am Captain Pegsworthy. I have business here, a ship to refit."

He takes a hard look around, taking in the pirates, the workers, the remnants of the wasps, even the ship docked, and he calls out again. "The Man's Promise, taken from Captain Harrigan. Do not fret, he is no friend of mine. Now, who might you be to steal such a prize from such a madman?"


HP 41/41, AC 12, Touch: 10, Flat Footed 12, Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +6, Init +0, Perception +2 | Scarshield 4/4, Kit 8/10, Active Effects: Mage Armor, Ironskin, Longarm, Enlarge Person, Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation Crew

Know. Local: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 Is Pegsworthy famous enough for any stories to have spread?

As a reminder, Sandman already has an Infamy score, so Pegsworthy might have heard of him if he's the sort to keep up on local pirate lore.


Female Undine Sea Witch 4 | HP 29/29| AC 17 Touch 13 Flatfooted 14 | Saves F +2 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Darkvision 60, Perc +9/11, Swim Speed 30

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
More importantly...Harrigan took the Man's Promise on open sea...we split the crew, and mutinied - we took on provisions and rescued our crew on our island, but then sailed straight here. How did Pegsworthy learn that Harrigan took the ship? If they are not friends, chances are they did not casually chat pirate captain to pirate captain on open seas nor in some pub.
It's of course possible Harridan made it to some port, and news travelled fast, and now this guy by chance comes here. But I'm very interested in the likelyhood of that...

"Mister Pegsworthy, pleased to make your aquaintance. Do tell, how did you learn about this fine ship and it's fate? You understand, of course, that we're in a delicate situation right now...because we fully expect Harridans friends to show up in desperate if futile attempts to take revenge. Yet you are there with but 8 of your man. Signal your ship to anchor, tell your man to sheath their blades, and spend the night on shore and drink, so that we can learn who we are, truly."

Oh, I'll be utterly open about wanting to make him and his man drunk while staying somewhat sober ourselves. If they are trying to b%~%&%&+ us, their story WILL break apart at some point when they are all sufficiently wasted. If not, thats counts as a reason to trust them, for me. We're short on allies, if he truly is an enemy of Harridan, he could be a useful contact in the future, so having spent a drink together could be beneficial


Female Human Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 14 T 13 FF 11 | Fort +2 Ref +7 Will +5 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 | Bardic Performance 14/14 rounds | Bard Spells: 1st—4/4 2nd—2/2

Johara loiters near Nivian, looking for all the world like she's just the captain's girl. (Which, apparently, she is, but so much more!)


Skull & Shackles roll20 | Reign of Winter roll20 |

With a nod of his head and a wave of his hand, the men surrounding Captain Pegsworthy relax and sheath their weapons. "It's CAPTAIN Pegsworthy lass, and rumors seem to fly on the winds and coast along the waves when out at sea. I seen her before lass, and there are only so many places to refit a ship in these waters. I wouldn't mind the drink, but it would be foolish to leave my ship in open water and undermanned, and there's naught room enough for two at Rickety's lone dock. Why don't you come aboard as my guests?

I would imagine Harrigan is out lookin for ya at another port, but your secret is safe with me. Why, I'd even to be willin' to rechristen her if ya like. Ya got a name picked out yet?"

DC 15 Knowledge (local):

It is considered good luck in the Shackles to have a Free Captain or a noble lady of good family christen a ship. Captain Pegsworthy's name is known well enough among honest sailors. Less violent than most, he seeks easier prey but like all free captains, he won't hesitate to attack Chelish ships if he thinks he can win.

Captain Pegsworthy is still a fair distance away and Sandman has not yet identified himself.


Male Dwarf 4th Level Bloodrager (Untouchable Rager) | HP 46/46 | THP 0/8 | AC 17 (15) | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 19 | Fort +7 | Ref +3 | Will +4 | Init +4 | Perc +10 | Bloodrage 17/17

Know: Local: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Once the other pirates stand down, Fargrim follows suit and searches his memory for the Captain's name. "Captain, I've heard of this Pegsworthy fellah before. Seems like a decent sort, seems to have less of a bloodlust than most, but still likes to stick it to them Chelish devil arse-kissers. And of course, always good luck to have another Free Captain christen our ship. Not that I'm superstitious or anything, but can't be too careful."


HP 41/41, AC 12, Touch: 10, Flat Footed 12, Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +6, Init +0, Perception +2 | Scarshield 4/4, Kit 8/10, Active Effects: Mage Armor, Ironskin, Longarm, Enlarge Person, Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation Crew

Sandman gave Nivian a small nod, concurring with Fargrim.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Undine Sea Witch 4 | HP 29/29| AC 17 Touch 13 Flatfooted 14 | Saves F +2 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Darkvision 60, Perc +9/11, Swim Speed 30

Knowledge(Local): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
"Captain Pegsworthy, your terms seem agreeable. We have heared of your deeds, and considering the prize that brought you here, it would seem there is cause to celebrate for you as well - we're honored to be your guests, and more so that you offer to rechristen our ship. Once Rickety is done with her, she'll be called 'Covenant."
Stepping forward, Nivian points out her crew members in turn:"My own name is Nivian Mazu...the blue skin may have given it away, but as an Undine, I'm home in and on the water, and the powers that be saw fit to grant me a measure of magical powers. Our Half-Orc Witch-Doctor Sandman has made a bit of a name for himself by his...unusual yet effective treatments. Maybe you heared of him. And here's Baltzar Callinova, a priestess of Besmara and child of the seas, granted magic by the black lady. The 3 of us share the responsibility of captainhood. Yet for this time at port, I am the one in charge if there are matters to discuss. Continuing on, this is Fargrim Dawnforge, a true Artist with the Dorn-Dergar and our First Mate. And Johara, taking care of our Rigging, and under my personal guidance and protection... These are the ones that would visit your ship as guests, if you would have us."
When she points out Johara, Nivian steps next to the girl again, putting an arm around her, as much to help her stay steady after what happened earlier, as well as to reinforce the impression of Johara being Nivians cabin girl.(which, apparently, she was, yet so much more)

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Also, Sandara has the command while we're gone-


Male Dwarf 4th Level Bloodrager (Untouchable Rager) | HP 46/46 | THP 0/8 | AC 17 (15) | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 19 | Fort +7 | Ref +3 | Will +4 | Init +4 | Perc +10 | Bloodrage 17/17

At his introduction, Fargrim raises his head in acknowledgement of the other pirates while at the same time affording them the opportunity to notice his shortly-cropped beard and all the implications such a thing indicated.


Skull & Shackles roll20 | Reign of Winter roll20 |

With a flourish, Captain Pegsworthy removed his hat as he bowed. "Good. It is settled then. Gather what you will. My men will fetch the longboat." A snap of his fingers sends about half of his men off back out into the water.

"Before you go, might I have a word?" Rickety asked. "Somethings not right. They shouldn't have been able to arrive unannounced. My lookout should have signaled the moment their sails came into view. Something must have happened to him. It's possible he could have just dozed off drunk again...although unlikely. More likely that he fell victim to the wasps. Could be something else entirely still. Would you check it out? There is a trail that leads up to the lookout behind the commons. I'd be willing to knock a 100 off of your costs. I fear that if something has happened, you'd be more capable of dealing with it."


Female Undine Sea Witch 4 | HP 29/29| AC 17 Touch 13 Flatfooted 14 | Saves F +2 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Darkvision 60, Perc +9/11, Swim Speed 30

Nivian curtsied in reponse to the bow:"We look forward to it!"
Turning to Rickety, she thinks only moment before responding:"200 off, and a Keg of Ale for tonight so we don't come empty-handed as guests. We did help fend of the wasps attacking here, expending our resources in the process, and if they return while we're out, we will be exposed and vulnerable. And if it was something other than Wasps, we are likely to run right into it and take care of it for you.", Nivian haggles.
Trouble was as likely as no trouble, ...it might have been an easy job, but the potential problems made it far less enticing than it would otherwise have been.
Johara had been knocked unconscious, her own magical resources were all but spent...the compensation would need to reflect that.

Diplomacy?: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20 Or something else I should roll?


Skull & Shackles roll20 | Reign of Winter roll20 |

"Hmmpphh. When you're right, you're right. You gotta deal."

It takes about 30 minutes of hard hiking to reach the lookout, about 3/4 of a mile on a narrow and at times, steep pathway. Heavy vegetation, loose gravel and other natural impediments make the trek difficult at best. Still, after about 25 minutes the land levels off somewhat.

Ahead, coming down the pathway, are two very big boars charging forward with a full head of steam.

Players Turn - Round 1

The roll20 map has been updated.

Feel free to arrange your marching order as you see fit. I guessed.


Male Dwarf 4th Level Bloodrager (Untouchable Rager) | HP 46/46 | THP 0/8 | AC 17 (15) | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 19 | Fort +7 | Ref +3 | Will +4 | Init +4 | Perc +10 | Bloodrage 17/17

Fargrim looks up suddenly at the charging boars and grins at his companions. "Looks like we'll be bringing roasted boar for dinner!" He abruptly charges forward to meet the boars with a stoic look upon his face and lashes out with his dorn-dergar at the nearest beast!

Charge Attack: 1d20 + 9 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 9 + 2 - 2 = 28
Damage: 1d10 + 7 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 6 = 23

Enter Bloodrage as free action and then Charge on #1!


HP 41/41, AC 12, Touch: 10, Flat Footed 12, Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +6, Init +0, Perception +2 | Scarshield 4/4, Kit 8/10, Active Effects: Mage Armor, Ironskin, Longarm, Enlarge Person, Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation Crew

"Hex one." Sandman said quickly.

Want to target the one not being smacked by a dwarf with a misfortune or evil eye? Then I'll make it take a nap.


Female Changeling (Sea) Witch (Hedge, Sea) 4 | HP 18/18 | AC 14 (+2 Dex +2 Natural) Touch 12 Flatfooted 12 | Saves F +0 R +2 W +3 | Init +2 | Darkvision 60; Perc +1, Sense Motive +0 | Allies within 10 feet get +1 morale bonus vs. fear (as long as she is conscious)

Still don't seem to have permission to move my token.

Baltzar will also attempt to Slumber one of the boars (assuming Fargrim doesn't kill it.)


Female Human Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 14 T 13 FF 11 | Fort +2 Ref +7 Will +5 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 | Bardic Performance 14/14 rounds | Bard Spells: 1st—4/4 2nd—2/2

Johara looks uncertain as Fargrim rushes off, then in an uncommon show of caution, she pauses and waits to see what Nivian does.

Delay. I'd like to get up and cast heroism on Fargrim, but he's too far forward for me to move and cast, so I need to see what Nivian does before I decide whether to move or cast a buff on someone closer to the back.


Female Undine Sea Witch 4 | HP 29/29| AC 17 Touch 13 Flatfooted 14 | Saves F +2 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Darkvision 60, Perc +9/11, Swim Speed 30

Hexes have too short range. Can only reach the one in front of Fargrim
"Roasted boar sounds lovely, Fargrim", Nivian answers the Dwarfs battlecall, moving close enough to try and affect the fortune of the closer Boar, then shouts back at Sandman:"Your turn."
Her glance seems to linger a moment longer on Johara, approving of the girl being more cautious after what happened earlier, and smiling at her briefly before returning her attention to the fight in front of her.
Move forward, Standard Misfortune Hex DC 16 the one closer


HP 41/41, AC 12, Touch: 10, Flat Footed 12, Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +6, Init +0, Perception +2 | Scarshield 4/4, Kit 8/10, Active Effects: Mage Armor, Ironskin, Longarm, Enlarge Person, Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation Crew

Same. Guess that's the one taking a nap.

Move forward, Slumber the one Nivian hex'd. DC 20 will negates


Female Human Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 14 T 13 FF 11 | Fort +2 Ref +7 Will +5 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 | Bardic Performance 14/14 rounds | Bard Spells: 1st—4/4 2nd—2/2

Johara moves forward to a closer position in tandem with Nivian, and draws her scimitar as she goes. She prepares to strike if one of the beasts closes past Fargrim.

Move, ready to attack if any enemy winds up in melee somehow.


Skull & Shackles roll20 | Reign of Winter roll20 |

Fargrim's chain resounds with a loud whack as it crashes into the dire boar's shoulder. Then the dire boar crashes to the ground as it succumbs to both Nivian's and Sandman's hexes. The second boar, undeterred by the first, continues it's aggression, climbing right over the unconscious boar and leaping down to attack Fargrim. It's tusk digs deep into the dwarf's forearm and blood begins pouring out of the wound.

Fargrim takes 12 points of gore damage.

DM Rolls:

Dire Boar #1 will save vs. misfortune, DC 16: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Dire Boar #1 will save vs. slumber, DC 20: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Fargrim AoO vs dire boar #2: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 2 = 14
Dire Boar #2 vs. Fargrim: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Gore damage to Fargrim: 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (2, 1) + 9 = 12

Players Turn - Round 2

The roll20 map has been updated.

Baltzer, you should be able to move your roll20 token now.


Female Undine Sea Witch 4 | HP 29/29| AC 17 Touch 13 Flatfooted 14 | Saves F +2 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Darkvision 60, Perc +9/11, Swim Speed 30

Satiesfied to see the first boar collapse, Nivian focuses on the second one, glancing back at Baltzar and Sandman:"Try and hex this one as well!", then focusing back on the front:"Fargrim, hold for just a moment, if the second one falls as well, finish them off!"

Standard to Hex - DC 16 Misfortune...free to suggest Fargrim takes a Coup-de-Grace against our dinner if the second one also fails the safe vs slumber. Move action to maintain misfortune on both boars.


Male Dwarf 4th Level Bloodrager (Untouchable Rager) | HP 46/46 | THP 0/8 | AC 17 (15) | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 19 | Fort +7 | Ref +3 | Will +4 | Init +4 | Perc +10 | Bloodrage 17/17

Would the boar's movement provoke an AoO as it enters Fargrim's threatened area with Reach? Or would Boar#1's position block AoO?

Holding actions until I see whether or not Boar#2 fails its save.


Skull & Shackles roll20 | Reign of Winter roll20 |

It did. I rolled your AoO for you to keep things moving. It missed. I rolled a 3. :(


Female Changeling (Sea) Witch (Hedge, Sea) 4 | HP 18/18 | AC 14 (+2 Dex +2 Natural) Touch 12 Flatfooted 12 | Saves F +0 R +2 W +3 | Init +2 | Darkvision 60; Perc +1, Sense Motive +0 | Allies within 10 feet get +1 morale bonus vs. fear (as long as she is conscious)

Baltzar will Slumber the other boar, then cackle to extend both Slumbers for a round. (Also will move my token, though that will have been last round's movement that I was unable to do.)


Male Dwarf 4th Level Bloodrager (Untouchable Rager) | HP 46/46 | THP 0/8 | AC 17 (15) | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 19 | Fort +7 | Ref +3 | Will +4 | Init +4 | Perc +10 | Bloodrage 17/17

Okay, sweet. That definitely keeps things moving more smoothly. Feel free to roll his AoO anytime they occur just to keep a smooth pace.


Female Human Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 14 T 13 FF 11 | Fort +2 Ref +7 Will +5 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 | Bardic Performance 14/14 rounds | Bard Spells: 1st—4/4 2nd—2/2

Johara pauses, then weaves sinuously in a slow rocking motion, crossing her arms and covering herself as if to simulate a warm blanket passing over her.

Casting lullaby on the still-conscious boar; Will save DC 14, or it takes a -2 penalty on subsequent saves vs. sleep.


HP 41/41, AC 12, Touch: 10, Flat Footed 12, Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +6, Init +0, Perception +2 | Scarshield 4/4, Kit 8/10, Active Effects: Mage Armor, Ironskin, Longarm, Enlarge Person, Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation Crew

Slumber here too. DC 20.

Sandman grunted his affirmative and turned his attention to the other boar.


Skull & Shackles roll20 | Reign of Winter roll20 |

While the second boar manages to resist Nivian's magic, it cannot withstand the combined power of Johara and Sandman and topples over, sliding down to lay next to the first. Two large dire boars lie on the ground snoring, peaceful for the first time this day.

DM rolls:

Dire Boar Will save vs. DC 16 misfortune: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Dire Boar Will save vs. DC 14 lullaby: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Dire Boar Will save vs. DC 20 Slumber, lullaby: 1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 - 2 = 17


Male Dwarf 4th Level Bloodrager (Untouchable Rager) | HP 46/46 | THP 0/8 | AC 17 (15) | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 19 | Fort +7 | Ref +3 | Will +4 | Init +4 | Perc +10 | Bloodrage 17/17

Fargrim immediately takes a step back and uses his dorn-dergar to crush the skull of the nearest boar.

Coup de grace: 2d10 + 14 + 12 ⇒ (8, 7) + 14 + 12 = 41


Skull & Shackles roll20 | Reign of Winter roll20 |

Fargrim's dorn-dergar makes quick work of both the dire boars's skulls. There is a sickening crunch as the heavy chain shatters bone and a minute after it started, it was done.

Now, what to do with 4,000 pounds of dead dire boar...

Not a moment later a colorful parrot flaps down landing atop a nearby rock and squawks "shoo fly, don't bother me!" It repeats this phrase several times before turning and flying back along the trail up towards the watch tower.

It's a quick hike to the bottom of the watchtower where numerous empty and broken rum bottles litter the ground. A simple ladder leads up higher into the watchtower. The rungs are worn down from both weather and time yet most are still in place and sturdy.

Inside the watchtower is a scene of chaos. A rope hammock twisted up hangs between two walls of the wooden watchtower. Clothing is scattered everywhere along with more empty rum bottles. Lying beneath the hammock, with one boot on and the other lying across the floor from it is a flyspecked corpse of an elderly man. Recently deceased, one side of his neck is black and swollen to the size of a melon. A dried ring of foam cakes the man's beard and mustache around his lips. The parrot flaps over, alights on the corpse, and squawks again, "shoo, fly, don't bother me!"

DC 20 Heal or Detect Poison:

The man has succumbed to wasp venom, apparently having an allergic reaction.

DC 20 Perception or Detect Magic:

A morningstar, half-covered with reeking clothes emanates a minor aura of evocation.


HP 41/41, AC 12, Touch: 10, Flat Footed 12, Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +6, Init +0, Perception +2 | Scarshield 4/4, Kit 8/10, Active Effects: Mage Armor, Ironskin, Longarm, Enlarge Person, Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation Crew

Sandman eyed the parrot. "An ill omen, I think."

"Ho, the watchtower!" Sandman called out when they got to the base of the ladder. With no response he looked grim. "Does not look like there is enough room for all of us up there. Johara, with me. Fargrim, think you can rig a drag sled for those boar?"

He didn't wait for an answer before heading up the ladder. At the top, he scrambled to the side of the body and felt the wrist for a pulse.

Take 10 on heal.

"He's gone." he pointed out the froth at the lips and the severe discoloration. "An allergic reaction to the wasp venom. That explains why there was no cal when the other ship came into the cove."


Male Dwarf 4th Level Bloodrager (Untouchable Rager) | HP 46/46 | THP 0/8 | AC 17 (15) | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 19 | Fort +7 | Ref +3 | Will +4 | Init +4 | Perc +10 | Bloodrage 17/17

Fargrim nods and gets to work looking for anything he could use as a skid to drag back some of the boar meat.


Skull & Shackles roll20 | Reign of Winter roll20 |

It takes a few minutes of searching the surrounding area but eventually Fargrim finds enough thick branches and what's left of a rowboat, although how it got up here is beyond anyone's guess.

You can easily score a few hundred pounds of pork.

The trek back down the path is bit trickier and a lot longer, especially with so much raw meat in tow but you eventually make it back to the commons. Rickety is rather relieved at your return and wastes no time rushing over to see how things fared.

"So? Why didn't Godwin signal the alarm?" he asks, plainly fearing the worst when he doesn't see Godwin walking with you.

1,951 to 2,000 of 2,242 << first < prev | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Welcome aboard the Wormwood. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.