The Many-Faced GM's Skulls and Shackles (Inactive)

Game Master Nickadeamous

Skull & Shackles roll20
The Covenant
Crew

Current Plunder: 5
Infamy: 2
Disrepute: 2


1,801 to 1,850 of 2,242 << first < prev | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | next > last >>

Female Changeling (Sea) Witch (Hedge, Sea) 4 | HP 18/18 | AC 14 (+2 Dex +2 Natural) Touch 12 Flatfooted 12 | Saves F +0 R +2 W +3 | Init +2 | Darkvision 60; Perc +1, Sense Motive +0 | Allies within 10 feet get +1 morale bonus vs. fear (as long as she is conscious)

Baltzar follows Fargrim's lead, and lets Nivian speak, but is also ready to fight if necessary.


Skull & Shackles roll20 | Reign of Winter roll20 |

"Harrigan huh? Well, it don't make me no nevermind. If I was cowed at every pirate captain who thought himself special I'd never make any money. As long as you gots the funds, and I's expect to see thems 'fore I start workin', then we's gots a deal."

DC 20 Sense Motive:

Rickety appears to truthful. He is not spooked at Harrigan's name and has no obvious ties or fears of the pirate captain.

Once evidence of value can be provided...

"Alright, sails her up the river until the cutters comes for ya. They'll tow it to the dry dock and we'll start work. You's can stay at the commons 'til we're done, free of charge, but food and drink'll cost ya. Alright, come on lads, we're done here."

He turns back before departing the Covenant "oh, and no's killin."

The Commons
A once-grand building with broad wings extending from its ground floor stands at the end of the docks, its octagonal dome topped by a cupola. It was obviously a fine villa inn its day but time and the harsh sun and rains of the Slithering Coast have faded its paint and cracked its boards, leaving it a gray ghost of its former self. A painted board above the veranda names it as "Rickety's Squibs." Smaller, less grandiose hovels and sheds clapped together of flotsam and jetsam surround the larger building and merge into the jungle behind it.


Female Human Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 14 T 13 FF 11 | Fort +2 Ref +7 Will +5 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 | Bardic Performance 14/14 rounds | Bard Spells: 1st—4/4 2nd—2/2

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Johara looks about the ramshackle surroundings with something akin to a sense of wonderment. "So this is a pirate village," she says. "It's as whimsical as the stories say." Sticking close to the group - protection in numbers, after all - she says, "Shall we take a turn at getting the local news?"


Female Changeling (Sea) Witch (Hedge, Sea) 4 | HP 18/18 | AC 14 (+2 Dex +2 Natural) Touch 12 Flatfooted 12 | Saves F +0 R +2 W +3 | Init +2 | Darkvision 60; Perc +1, Sense Motive +0 | Allies within 10 feet get +1 morale bonus vs. fear (as long as she is conscious)

"Whimsical? That's not the word I'd use..." she laughs as she heads into The Commons for a drink.


Female Undine Sea Witch 4 | HP 29/29| AC 17 Touch 13 Flatfooted 14 | Saves F +2 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Darkvision 60, Perc +9/11, Swim Speed 30

With the ship secure in the docks, and the crew departed, the new owners take a look at their temporary quarters: "Lovely place!", Nivian comments, taking a closer look after Johara spoke, adding with a smile:"And I agree, lets hear whats new. Just lets be smart and watch our drinks. We don't want to get press-ganged, now do we?"
Diplomacy(Gather Information): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26 Hours: 1d4 ⇒ 2


Male Dwarf 4th Level Bloodrager (Untouchable Rager) | HP 46/46 | THP 0/8 | AC 17 (15) | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 19 | Fort +7 | Ref +3 | Will +4 | Init +4 | Perc +10 | Bloodrage 17/17

Fargrim cracks his knuckles at Nivian's comment. "Next bastard that tries that again will find a dragon on the other end of the their leash. Just like Harrigan will learn soon."


Skull & Shackles roll20 | Reign of Winter roll20 |

A few dozen humans are seen at any given time and a handful of halflings reside in the small village that is Rickety's Squibs. In addition to the Commons, there are the Docks, the Boathouse, the Watch Tower, and the Dry Docks.

The Purchase Limit here is 2,500 and 3rd level spell casting is available.

After a few hours of sight seeing and carousing, a few things become obvious. Those living here carry very little that are not tools. In fact, most are only armed with knives or hand axes and less wear armor of any kind.

There is also a drought currently and the heat has been stifling the farther into the jungle one goes. When not working on intertwining rope or making ship repairs, the populace of Rickety's Squib lounge in the shade on the side of the Commons.

A few rumors circulate but almost all of them are about who lost money to whom or who won the last bar fight. One thing you do learn is that Rickety has his own single-masted pinnacle named the Idlewise that is currently out at Bloodcove taking on supplies. It is not due back for a few weeks and stores are beginning to run low with the drought on-going.


HP 41/41, AC 12, Touch: 10, Flat Footed 12, Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +6, Init +0, Perception +2 | Scarshield 4/4, Kit 8/10, Active Effects: Mage Armor, Ironskin, Longarm, Enlarge Person, Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation Crew

Sandra can Create Water. Anything not used disappears after 1 day, but in a drought, every little bit helps. Maybe we could charge a small fee for her services, or consider it trade for some of our costs?

Before they all disembarked, Sandman gathered the crew. "We promised you all a cut of the spoils. We're giving you all some coin now. Once we finish trading we'll have a bit more for you. It isn't much. Most of what we have is going toward repairing the ship. Still, you have all earned some shore leave."

"We do not want to make the people repairing our ship angry. Be nice. You screw up here, you're subject to their rules of punishment. Then, when they're done with that you'll answer to me."

"I am not Scourge. I am not going to flay your hide for screwing up. I'll never do anything to any of you that I wouldn't do to myself."

"By now, I think most of you realize that isn't as benevolent as it sounds." he glowered.

With that he passed out small handfuls of coin to each member of the crew. He and the other two captains were the last ones to step off the ship.

Sandman didn't advertise who he was, but chances were someone was going to put two and two together. Just a reminder that Sandman has a point of Infamy, in case it is relevant.

"I've been thinking." he said to Baltzar and Nivian. "Sandra's Tricorn. It's as good a sign of captaincy as any. We are going to have to work in shifts anyway, and there will be times when snap decisions will need to be made. How about whoever has the hat is in charge? While we're here, that's Nivian."


Female Changeling (Sea) Witch (Hedge, Sea) 4 | HP 18/18 | AC 14 (+2 Dex +2 Natural) Touch 12 Flatfooted 12 | Saves F +0 R +2 W +3 | Init +2 | Darkvision 60; Perc +1, Sense Motive +0 | Allies within 10 feet get +1 morale bonus vs. fear (as long as she is conscious)

"Sounds good to me."


Female Undine Sea Witch 4 | HP 29/29| AC 17 Touch 13 Flatfooted 14 | Saves F +2 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Darkvision 60, Perc +9/11, Swim Speed 30

I can also Create Water. I was allowed to swap it out for Spark. So yeah, we can help with the drought...or at least make sure none of OURS suffer.

When Sandman talks to the crew, Nivian adds her own thoughts to his own: "Aye. Intent goes a long way. If you did your best and fail, you will improve at the task. Not get punished because you came out short. Thats for when you slack off. And be certain that the others will cheer for us when thats the case, because they had to do the work you did not, and they know whatever happens next is just."

_____

As Sandman proposes his suggestion, Nivian looks over at where Sandara is talking with Fishguts:"A fine enough idea. Though I'm not sure we have to take back her Tricorn after having returned it to her. We'll have to consider carefully if we mean to take the personal possessions of our crew as our own. May give us some bad reputation, and not the good kind of bad. But getting a tricorn should not be a big problem...more importantly: It sounds good to me, but we did decide to share this responsibility. If snap decisions need to be made, the one with the hat is in charge, and not questioned. However, if the decision can be post-poned, we will talk about it and decide together. I am honored by your suggestion to be in charge while we are here, and gladly accept, but I'll make sure to never forget we are equals. I'll also make sure neither of you forgets when it's your turn, if the need arises. Not that I fear it will, but best to draw lines now.", Nivian grins.


HP 41/41, AC 12, Touch: 10, Flat Footed 12, Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +6, Init +0, Perception +2 | Scarshield 4/4, Kit 8/10, Active Effects: Mage Armor, Ironskin, Longarm, Enlarge Person, Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation Crew

"Another hat then. Something recognizable. Does not have to be Sandra's. It was simply the inspiration for the thought."

I forgot we gave it back.


Male Dwarf 4th Level Bloodrager (Untouchable Rager) | HP 46/46 | THP 0/8 | AC 17 (15) | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 19 | Fort +7 | Ref +3 | Will +4 | Init +4 | Perc +10 | Bloodrage 17/17

Fargrim stands behind with a grin as the captains explains their plans on dishing about punishment. "Aye, and if you think to try your hand at mutiny, then you'll answer me and my chain. If you haven't had the opportunity to see her in action yet, then you will eventually. If you don't like the way this ship is run, you're welcome to leave at any point. We'll not hold you captive like that bastard, Harrigan, but we are freemen now and I'll not bow to anyone ever again."


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Female Undine Sea Witch 4 | HP 29/29| AC 17 Touch 13 Flatfooted 14 | Saves F +2 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Darkvision 60, Perc +9/11, Swim Speed 30

The very first evening, in the bar, Nivian tells some tales. Some matter of fact, as with the Octogoblin Queen, but not giving away the islands location, and some sailors yarn, fresh out of her mind, combined with elements from nautical folklore.

Having enthralled some of the audience into listening, before too much drink is consumed, Nivian explains that a few spots in the crew are open, with some of the crew having departed on port, and others, before, on sea.
Surely a life of adventure such as the one they had so far would be promising? And certainly, Besmara favored them...they had set sail pressganged into a crew, and came into port with their own ship. Plunder awaits!

Diplomacy to recruit: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26 New recruits: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Skull & Shackles roll20 | Reign of Winter roll20 |

Nivian's tales are so inspiring that several sailors volunteer to set sail once the ship is ready to go. Three humans, Lary, Kurly, and Moh, as well as a pair of halflings named Flotsam and Jetsam.

The following day, work continues on the ship as the crew enjoys some much needed shore leave. Almost everyone spends time at the Common house to stay out of the sweltering heat. Fresh fruits as well as rum and water are consumed through out the day.

It's late in the afternoon when Moh invites the officers to partake in a private stash that he and a few others have cooling in the waters.

"You should come join us. We have a cask sunk in the river to keep it cool. We'll play some ninepins to help pass the time and forget about this dreadful heat. Just bring a few coins to make it interesting."

DM Rolls:

Random: 1d5 ⇒ 3


Female Human Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 14 T 13 FF 11 | Fort +2 Ref +7 Will +5 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 | Bardic Performance 14/14 rounds | Bard Spells: 1st—4/4 2nd—2/2

Johara tugs on Nivian's arm and whispers to her, "Can we? Maybe we can learn more about what's really going on, get some good news, make a few useful connections."


Female Undine Sea Witch 4 | HP 29/29| AC 17 Touch 13 Flatfooted 14 | Saves F +2 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Darkvision 60, Perc +9/11, Swim Speed 30

Nivian seemingly enjoy the attention Johara lavishes on her, then, with a scholarly tone, explains:"Oh, by all means. We can't leave these good men to drink that cask alone. They would get completely wasted and could get into trouble. And we are responsible for them, since they are part of our crew. That mean's we'll play ninepins and get utterly drunk together. Then if there's trouble, we'll be around to help out - We'll fetch another cask and will meet you at the river!", before turning the tug into linked arms with a smooth motion, and casually heading towards the inn to fetch that cask, Johara in tow.


Female Human Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 14 T 13 FF 11 | Fort +2 Ref +7 Will +5 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 | Bardic Performance 14/14 rounds | Bard Spells: 1st—4/4 2nd—2/2

Johara bounces happily down the lane arm-in-arm. "I've never played ninepins! How does it work?"


HP 41/41, AC 12, Touch: 10, Flat Footed 12, Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +6, Init +0, Perception +2 | Scarshield 4/4, Kit 8/10, Active Effects: Mage Armor, Ironskin, Longarm, Enlarge Person, Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation Crew

"You throw a heavy ball at a formation of standing pins. You gain points based on how many you can knock over with one toss." Sandman explained, walking behind them.


Female Human Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 14 T 13 FF 11 | Fort +2 Ref +7 Will +5 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 | Bardic Performance 14/14 rounds | Bard Spells: 1st—4/4 2nd—2/2

"Oh, like a cannon pointed at soldiers!" says Johara happily.


Female Undine Sea Witch 4 | HP 29/29| AC 17 Touch 13 Flatfooted 14 | Saves F +2 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Darkvision 60, Perc +9/11, Swim Speed 30

"It does seems like a game for Fargrim, does it not? 5 gold say he'll want to use his dorn-dergar for it when he's in his cups.", Nivian adds cheerfully.


Male Dwarf 4th Level Bloodrager (Untouchable Rager) | HP 46/46 | THP 0/8 | AC 17 (15) | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 19 | Fort +7 | Ref +3 | Will +4 | Init +4 | Perc +10 | Bloodrage 17/17

Fargrim does indeed seem to be quite interested in Sandman's explanation of the game. He mock frowns at Nivian's suggestion. "Now, I'll have you know, that I had no intention whatsoever... until now! I think that sounds like a fantastic idea!" He lets out a raucous laugh. "Bet I could take down the entire cluster of them with a single swing too!"


Female Human Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 14 T 13 FF 11 | Fort +2 Ref +7 Will +5 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 | Bardic Performance 14/14 rounds | Bard Spells: 1st—4/4 2nd—2/2

"Oooh! Fargrim! I want to see you knock down an entire set with one strike!" Johara says excitedly.


Skull & Shackles roll20 | Reign of Winter roll20 |

In the shade of the boathouse, several locals setup the nine pins in a diamond configuration. Another has some kind of large gourd that he is trying to whittle into a ball of sorts. As the pirates arrive, they are greeted with cheers and waves as two of the locals dash off to the docks to retrieve the sunken cask of ale.

There are no rules listed for this game so I'm going with each person gets two "throws" to knock the pins down. It will start as a DC 10 ranged touch attack due to no dex, size, and distance to the target. It's also a -2 penalty due to the modified gourd ball. If you wanted to try to make your own ball, I'd accept any craft check with a DC of 15 to ignore the penalty. For each point of a DC 10 ranged touch attack that you exceed the difficulty, you get one pin down. So you need a 10 to get one pin, and a 19 to get all the pins. Oh, and feel free to wager. Each of the 8 locals has 10 silver pieces.


Female Human Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 14 T 13 FF 11 | Fort +2 Ref +7 Will +5 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 | Bardic Performance 14/14 rounds | Bard Spells: 1st—4/4 2nd—2/2

Without hesitating, Johara shouts, "I'll bet a silver piece that Fargrim knocks them ALL down, and I'll take any action you've got, boys!"

She whispers to Nivian:
"I need to put a charm on Fargrim real quick."


HP 41/41, AC 12, Touch: 10, Flat Footed 12, Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +6, Init +0, Perception +2 | Scarshield 4/4, Kit 8/10, Active Effects: Mage Armor, Ironskin, Longarm, Enlarge Person, Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation Crew

It felt like a lifetime ago that he, Nivain and Baltzar had last been in a place like this.

The Formidably Maid. Raucous. Lawless. Joyous. Sandman didn't smile often, but now he was grinning ear to ear. His wide mouth showed the slightly elongated canines of his bottom jaw. It was one of the only things that gave away the fact that he wasn't a pure bred human.

He found a place to sit, leaned back against the wall and kicked his boots up onto the a barrel. "Rosie, Conch, how about a little musical accompaniment?"


Female Human Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 14 T 13 FF 11 | Fort +2 Ref +7 Will +5 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 | Bardic Performance 14/14 rounds | Bard Spells: 1st—4/4 2nd—2/2

"Oooh! Music! You, Sandman, are a genius," says Johara, overjoyed at how the entertainment is rapidly progressing.


Skull & Shackles roll20 | Reign of Winter roll20 |

Eyeing Johara up and down, one of the men smiles revealing a few missing teeth. "Alright lass, you're on. 5 silvers says I gets more pins down than you."

A few of the others chuckle and then start placing side bets on whether or not the local and beat the foreigner.

At Sandman's suggestion, Rosie pulls the fiddle strapped to her back around and frees it from it's perch. She strums a few cords before Conchobar begins to sing. One of the locals empties a bucket out and begins to bang his makeshift drum in tune with the others.

Johara's admirer steps up and gives the gourd and hurl at the pins, but it bounces so much it doesn't even come close to hitting the building, much less the pins. His second toss is slightly closer, but still no where near close enough. By now an audience has gathered and everyone busts into laughter. The man turns a deep shade of red briefly, but as another slaps him on the back he joins in and laughs it off.

"Alright lass, your turn."

Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 - 2 = 3
Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 3 - 2 = 5


HP 41/41, AC 12, Touch: 10, Flat Footed 12, Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +6, Init +0, Perception +2 | Scarshield 4/4, Kit 8/10, Active Effects: Mage Armor, Ironskin, Longarm, Enlarge Person, Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation Crew

"I guess if she gets any, she wins?" Sandman chuckles.


Female Human Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 14 T 13 FF 11 | Fort +2 Ref +7 Will +5 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 | Bardic Performance 14/14 rounds | Bard Spells: 1st—4/4 2nd—2/2

With a pout Johara says, "I was hoping to see Fargrim knock them all down. Oh well, I'll do my best!" She gets a glitter in her eye that her crewmates have started to recognize when she has decided that she's going to flirtatiously tease someone mercilessly.

She skips over to the gourd and picks it up with an exaggerated motion, then lifts it and hefts it experimentally to get a feel for its weight.

"Haven't handled a ball in a while," she says apologetically. Then she lifts it over her head and makes a kind of pirouette while her arm spins in a wide circle. It seems that she will wind up crazily overbalancing but somehow she brings it down and sends it rolling with a flick of the wrist!

Battle dance time!

Ranged touch attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

With several of the pins knocked down, she puts her hands on her hips, purses her lips, then says, "Time for the other ball." She picks up the second gourd and gives this one a spinning sideways toss.

Ranged touch attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Johara pouts and says, "Half the pins are still upright! I guess I need to learn to handle balls better." She flounces back to Nivian and says, "Maybe we should've tried a different game. I can't quite get the wrist motion right."


Male Dwarf 4th Level Bloodrager (Untouchable Rager) | HP 46/46 | THP 0/8 | AC 17 (15) | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 19 | Fort +7 | Ref +3 | Will +4 | Init +4 | Perc +10 | Bloodrage 17/17

Ranged Touch Attack: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 6 - 2 = 10
Ranged Touch Attack: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 6 - 2 = 19

Fargrim lets out a loud cackle at Johara's embarrassment of the man! "Well done, Johara!" He downs a bit of brew, stands, and swaggers up and takes the ball. "Let me show you all how it's done!" He hurls the first gourd and barely strikes the outer pin. He grunts and takes the second one... he eyes it, spots on it, and sends it tumbling with a large grin! "That's it..."

The gourd-ball strikes the stack solidly and sends pins scattering! "Hah! Now that's how it's done folks!"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Changeling (Sea) Witch (Hedge, Sea) 4 | HP 18/18 | AC 14 (+2 Dex +2 Natural) Touch 12 Flatfooted 12 | Saves F +0 R +2 W +3 | Init +2 | Darkvision 60; Perc +1, Sense Motive +0 | Allies within 10 feet get +1 morale bonus vs. fear (as long as she is conscious)

As she's already started drinking, Baltzar giggles inappropriately when Johara mentions handling balls... then again when she mentions wrist motion.


Female Undine Sea Witch 4 | HP 29/29| AC 17 Touch 13 Flatfooted 14 | Saves F +2 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Darkvision 60, Perc +9/11, Swim Speed 30

RTA: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 4 - 2 = 14
RTA: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 - 2 = 6
Nivian rolls two Gourds to the pins herself, one getting a few, the other missing by a wide margin, speaking up in frustration: "I never excelled at the game...but I was better than that."
Downing her drink in one swift go, it shows that Nivian had been drinking more than usual...the other times the crew was allowed to party, there was always a need to remain on guard...to watch one's back. Here, she feels confident relaxing.
When Johara talks about balls and wrist motions, Nivian laughs, well aware of the implications. She leans towards the younger girl, then whispers, a bit too loud:

Johara or Perception 10:
"You looked good doing that- But talking like that in front of our crew? I dunno if you are brave or naive, but either one waters my gardens, if you know what I mean - that's a completely different kind of game, I promise."


Male Dwarf 4th Level Bloodrager (Untouchable Rager) | HP 46/46 | THP 0/8 | AC 17 (15) | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 19 | Fort +7 | Ref +3 | Will +4 | Init +4 | Perc +10 | Bloodrage 17/17

I had to go back and reread Johara's post after the last two reactions. I was ridiculously tired when I read that post and failed my Sense Motive check! And I'm definitely going to continue that with the following post... LOL.

Fargrim pats Johara on back. "Don't worry yourself lass! Sometimes you just have to find the right set with which to practice. If you want, I'd gladly work with you on perfecting your technique!" He grins widely, clearing missing the implications of innuendo...


Female Human Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 14 T 13 FF 11 | Fort +2 Ref +7 Will +5 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 | Bardic Performance 14/14 rounds | Bard Spells: 1st—4/4 2nd—2/2

Johara claps for Fargrim excitedly when he powers through several of the ninepins and happily exchanges coins with some of the bettors.

"This is going pretty well! This is a fun game. Hey, one of you guys should try again, we have to let you win some of your money back!" she says to the other sailors.

To Nivian she whispers,

Nivian:
"Sexuality is a useful tool. People who think I'm just a dumb sex object are more likely to be friendly, and if they do become enemies, they're still more likely to think I'm just a dumb sex object and not see my knife coming. It's a calculated tactic that I learned in the harem. Same with pretending to be innocent... which I am not."


Female Undine Sea Witch 4 | HP 29/29| AC 17 Touch 13 Flatfooted 14 | Saves F +2 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Darkvision 60, Perc +9/11, Swim Speed 30

Nivian seems disgusted at Fargrim's remark, but that quickly passes as she seems slightly surprised at Johara's answer, then raises an eyebrow, answering with a bluntness that must have come together with her tipsyness.

Johara:
"Bah, I've grown bitter of the mens sexuality. Too much hatred to pretend anything, there. I gave birth to a daughter born of force. Took her from me right after birth. Should be around your age, if she survived. But they probably fed her to the sharks and laughed. Na, I'm done with men. You are a smart girl. Maybe stronger than me. No matter. You ever change your mind, you know where my cabin is. Wether you come to play, or to talk, I'm fine with either."

Then she glances at the new crew members, adding:"Aye, I'm certain you can do better than that. If you suggested playing for money in a game you are sure to lose, that wouldn't speak for you, would it?"


Female Human Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 14 T 13 FF 11 | Fort +2 Ref +7 Will +5 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 | Bardic Performance 14/14 rounds | Bard Spells: 1st—4/4 2nd—2/2

Nivian:
"There is a difference between the force used by men and the care between women in the harem. I too had a child taken from me... just weaned, barely walking. So our experiences are not so different."
"If you are looking for comfort... you are my friend and companion and I will give you all the affection you need, for body and soul."


Skull & Shackles roll20 | Reign of Winter roll20 |

Another of the locals steps forward. "Here, let me show you how it's done."

He grabs the gourd with an air of confidence and steps up to the line drawn in the dirt. With a heavy heave of the gourd, he grins expectantly.

Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 3 - 2 = 16

The gourd crashes into the pins and knocks several of them over. "HA!" he exclaims and readies to launch another.

An instant before the gourd leaves his hand, a loud splash sounds, distracting him as he releases the gourd.

Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 3 - 2 = 7

The gourd bounces around and lands no where near the pins as the man curses under his breath. Shouts of help begin to call out and several of the locals rush over to the docks to see what's going on.

A large, serpentine like creature has emerged from the water and has one of the locals wrapped up like a snake ready to eat a mouse.

DC 15 Knowledge (dungeoneering):

The creature is a water naga, an aberration with a poisonous bite and magical spells.

Combat has started. Everyone gets a full turn. The roll20 map has been updated.


HP 41/41, AC 12, Touch: 10, Flat Footed 12, Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +6, Init +0, Perception +2 | Scarshield 4/4, Kit 8/10, Active Effects: Mage Armor, Ironskin, Longarm, Enlarge Person, Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation Crew

Can't access the map from my phone. Can I get close enough for a Slumber hex? If so, that's my action.


Male Dwarf 4th Level Bloodrager (Untouchable Rager) | HP 46/46 | THP 0/8 | AC 17 (15) | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 19 | Fort +7 | Ref +3 | Will +4 | Init +4 | Perc +10 | Bloodrage 17/17

Do we have access to the pier from our current location? Or would we need to jump/climb to get up there? Also, I don't believe Sandman can reach the creature with his hex this round... But that was just a quick glance.


Female Undine Sea Witch 4 | HP 29/29| AC 17 Touch 13 Flatfooted 14 | Saves F +2 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Darkvision 60, Perc +9/11, Swim Speed 30

Just for clarification: The creature is still in the water, just "emerged"?...because then I don't need to actually go on the pier, and can try and go below it.(The wooden trunks supporting it suggest it is not a massive structure). - I already did the movement...but I'm holding my action - IF Sandman gets close enough for a slumber hex, I would try and misfortune it first(as per our agreed modus operandi) - otherwise I'll probably stone discus it.

Dungeoneering: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


HP 41/41, AC 12, Touch: 10, Flat Footed 12, Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +6, Init +0, Perception +2 | Scarshield 4/4, Kit 8/10, Active Effects: Mage Armor, Ironskin, Longarm, Enlarge Person, Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation Crew

Ill take 10 on that Knowledge check for 15.

"A water naga!" Sandman said, surprised at the sudden appearance of such a legendary creature. "Don't kill it. They are intelligent, and not usually malicious. We might be able to talk it down."

Moving 30 feet toward the pier. I'll let Nivian try some diplomacy.


Female Undine Sea Witch 4 | HP 29/29| AC 17 Touch 13 Flatfooted 14 | Saves F +2 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Darkvision 60, Perc +9/11, Swim Speed 30

@Sandy: Do you have some ability that lets you take 10 on knowledge? Just asking because there is a whole Bard Class ability about being able to do that...I know it's a common houserule, but I can't remember if it's in effect for this game. If it is, @GM: I'll want to work something out on the VMC, because then getting Lore Master at Level 15 is not very impressive.

That said: I'll gladly try diplomacy...but we seem to already be in initiative because she's about to kill a local - depending on wether she is willing to abort her action, we may not have the minute we need to talk her down friendly- maybe first intimidate her into being non-hostile? Then proceed with chatty times?


Female Human Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 14 T 13 FF 11 | Fort +2 Ref +7 Will +5 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 | Bardic Performance 14/14 rounds | Bard Spells: 1st—4/4 2nd—2/2

Johara sidles up to Fargrim and gifts him with a touch of heroism.


Female Changeling (Sea) Witch (Hedge, Sea) 4 | HP 18/18 | AC 14 (+2 Dex +2 Natural) Touch 12 Flatfooted 12 | Saves F +0 R +2 W +3 | Init +2 | Darkvision 60; Perc +1, Sense Motive +0 | Allies within 10 feet get +1 morale bonus vs. fear (as long as she is conscious)

Before I can act, I need to know what's the movement to hop up on the boardwalk? Is it a climb up, or is it level with the ground?


Skull & Shackles roll20 | Reign of Winter roll20 |

Stepping on to the dock is just difficult terrain for that first square, just to represent the effort of stepping up, like climbing stairs.

The Naga is still partly submerged so it is both above and below the water at the moment.


Male Dwarf 4th Level Bloodrager (Untouchable Rager) | HP 46/46 | THP 0/8 | AC 17 (15) | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 19 | Fort +7 | Ref +3 | Will +4 | Init +4 | Perc +10 | Bloodrage 17/17

Fargrim lets loose an angry huff. "Just when we were starting to have a bit of fun! Well, my girl was getting thirsty anyway... Time for a drink darling!" He unwraps his dorn-dergar while making his way to the pier and down it. "If you want to talk with this thing, do it before I get there. Otherwise I cannot be held liable for the violence that is going to be unleashed imminently."


Female Changeling (Sea) Witch (Hedge, Sea) 4 | HP 18/18 | AC 14 (+2 Dex +2 Natural) Touch 12 Flatfooted 12 | Saves F +0 R +2 W +3 | Init +2 | Darkvision 60; Perc +1, Sense Motive +0 | Allies within 10 feet get +1 morale bonus vs. fear (as long as she is conscious)

Baltzar hops up on the deck, then moves closer to the fight... Uh, for some odd reason I can't seem to move my token in the roll20...


Skull & Shackles roll20 | Reign of Winter roll20 |

You are welcome to try Diplomacy, or Intimidate for that matter, but like with charm person and such, the more hostile you appear the harder it will be.


Female Undine Sea Witch 4 | HP 29/29| AC 17 Touch 13 Flatfooted 14 | Saves F +2 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Darkvision 60, Perc +9/11, Swim Speed 30

Diplomacy Aid Johara: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Aquan:
"Let him go, please. There must be a reason you would risk attacking someone in a port. Let us talk."

1,801 to 1,850 of 2,242 << first < prev | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Welcome aboard the Wormwood. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.