The Many-Faced GM's Skulls and Shackles (Inactive)

Game Master Nickadeamous

Skull & Shackles roll20
The Covenant
Crew

Current Plunder: 5
Infamy: 2
Disrepute: 2


1,851 to 1,900 of 2,242 << first < prev | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | next > last >>

Female Human Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 14 T 13 FF 11 | Fort +2 Ref +7 Will +5 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 | Bardic Performance 14/14 rounds | Bard Spells: 1st—4/4 2nd—2/2

Having given Fargrim a small boost, Johara approaches warily, hands spread. Keen observers note that her stride becomes sinuous as she closes, hips weaving first this way then that, as if taking on the snake-like characteristics of a naga.

"Please, stop!" she says as she gets closer, something akin to real anguish coloring her voice. "This must be a mistake. How can we set things right?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29


Skull & Shackles roll20 | Reign of Winter roll20 |

Coils tighten around the suffocating pirate as the naga's head turns towards Johara. It hisses vehemently as it sways side to side, tongue flickering in and out. It glares with what could only be described as madness in its eyes.

"Susssstenannceee"

Johara's Diplomacy check moves the Naga from Hostile to unfriendly. You need a DC 24 diplomacy check to continue negotiations.


Female Human Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 14 T 13 FF 11 | Fort +2 Ref +7 Will +5 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 | Bardic Performance 14/14 rounds | Bard Spells: 1st—4/4 2nd—2/2

Johara glances back at the crew. "Anyone have some fish? Something to eat?"

Johara says cautiously, "We'll get you some food that isn't a person. Just give us a moment."

Diplomacy, continued: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25

Presumably this is shorthand for a longer stretch of back-and-forth, body language, trying to establish non-hostility, etc., since Diplomacy normally takes at least a minute.


HP 41/41, AC 12, Touch: 10, Flat Footed 12, Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +6, Init +0, Perception +2 | Scarshield 4/4, Kit 8/10, Active Effects: Mage Armor, Ironskin, Longarm, Enlarge Person, Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation Crew

Sandman barked over his shoulder to the sailors on the dock. "Meat! As much as you got! Now!"

Good job, Johara!


Male Dwarf 4th Level Bloodrager (Untouchable Rager) | HP 46/46 | THP 0/8 | AC 17 (15) | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 19 | Fort +7 | Ref +3 | Will +4 | Init +4 | Perc +10 | Bloodrage 17/17

Fargrim pauses his advance, weapon still at the ready while Johara works her verbal mojo...


Female Undine Sea Witch 4 | HP 29/29| AC 17 Touch 13 Flatfooted 14 | Saves F +2 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Darkvision 60, Perc +9/11, Swim Speed 30

Nivian holds her position in the water, probing for any other presence nearby.
Johara seemed to have talking covered, so any meddling could only be detrimental, best not to overwhelm the creature with talk.


Female Human Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 14 T 13 FF 11 | Fort +2 Ref +7 Will +5 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 | Bardic Performance 14/14 rounds | Bard Spells: 1st—4/4 2nd—2/2

"Nivian, do you speak Aquan? Can you tell it we are trying to get some food for it?"


Female Undine Sea Witch 4 | HP 29/29| AC 17 Touch 13 Flatfooted 14 | Saves F +2 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Darkvision 60, Perc +9/11, Swim Speed 30

Aquan:
"We are bringing food. Please release the man."

Nivian did not really care about the man's fate. Not one of her crew - but it could go a long way towards building up a reputation in the place, if they managed to rescue the guy.
Plus, unchecked, such creatures would eventually start trying to snack on someone Nivian cared about, at least a little. Best to not let things get that far.


Skull & Shackles roll20 | Reign of Winter roll20 |

The locals scrambled over each other running off in search of whatever meat they could find as Johara continued to negotiate with the serpent-like creature. Nivian's water sense confirmed no other immediate threats in the vicinity. The Naga continued to stare at Johara's sensual movements, slowly squeezing her captive and drawing out an occasional moan. The simple size of the coils restraining the local made it hard to believe that he had any air left in his lungs, but still he gasped and moaned.

"Food firsssssst" the Naga hissed.

Slowly men started to return with what little meat they could find. The first carried a dead rat, another with a live frog. Still another arrived with a mangy cat.

Finally, you need a DC 19 Diplomacy check to seal the deal.


HP 41/41, AC 12, Touch: 10, Flat Footed 12, Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +6, Init +0, Perception +2 | Scarshield 4/4, Kit 8/10, Active Effects: Mage Armor, Ironskin, Longarm, Enlarge Person, Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation Crew

Sandman gave the men a withering glare. "No. If you wouldn't eat it, don't bring it. Try harder."

"Mr. Kroop! What do we have in the ship's larder?"


Female Undine Sea Witch 4 | HP 29/29| AC 17 Touch 13 Flatfooted 14 | Saves F +2 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Darkvision 60, Perc +9/11, Swim Speed 30

Diplomacy(Aiding Johara if her roll is sufficient...this was her scene - if she rolls bad, Nivian's roll stands by itself): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

Nivian also turns to the bystanders angrily:"A cat and a frog? Bring a pig, a large fish, something that makes a decent-sized meal for our guest!"

Aquan:
"We are bringing you food. Just don't kill him before."


Female Human Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 14 T 13 FF 11 | Fort +2 Ref +7 Will +5 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 | Bardic Performance 14/14 rounds | Bard Spells: 1st—4/4 2nd—2/2

Johara continues to make slow, controlled movements, designed to show that she is calm and safe to be near. "They are bringing sustenance... there is no need to crush that man. How did you come here? Do you need help with any injuries, or just food? I want to help you feel safe."

She continues in this vein to try to keep the naga focused on her and thinking about things other than crushing its victim.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25


Skull & Shackles roll20 | Reign of Winter roll20 |

It takes several minutes of stalling and distraction but eventually a pair of locals come up hauling a recently slain goat. They heave it into the water with a splash and seconds later a heavy mist begins rising around the naga. The fog quickly floats up and blocks the view of the naga, but a loud gasp and and splashing are quickly accompanied by a rather distinct "yeesssssss."

The rest of the locals stand around with either make-shift food or drawn weapons that double as tools in their hands. They look at each other before turning and looking at the pirates, arms raised with quizzical expressions on their faces as if to ask what now?


Female Human Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 14 T 13 FF 11 | Fort +2 Ref +7 Will +5 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 | Bardic Performance 14/14 rounds | Bard Spells: 1st—4/4 2nd—2/2

"Nivian, if it wants to talk when it's done eating, I think it's going to be up to you - I can't speak underwater and I don't know Aquan. Unless you can convince it to come to the surface and explain what happened," says Johara.

The dancer continues, "I figured that we don't know why it's here or how many of them there might be, so better just to give it some food than to risk possibly starting a war. Why start a fight if you don't know what will happen?"


HP 41/41, AC 12, Touch: 10, Flat Footed 12, Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +6, Init +0, Perception +2 | Scarshield 4/4, Kit 8/10, Active Effects: Mage Armor, Ironskin, Longarm, Enlarge Person, Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation Crew

"My guess is that it is either starving, or young enough not to be very good at hunting or foresight." Sandman said. "The stories I have heard of Water Naga say they are very intelligent and not usually hostile. This does not fit."


Female Human Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 14 T 13 FF 11 | Fort +2 Ref +7 Will +5 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 | Bardic Performance 14/14 rounds | Bard Spells: 1st—4/4 2nd—2/2

"Bears more investigation, then," says Johara. "Perhaps a helpful ally."


Female Undine Sea Witch 4 | HP 29/29| AC 17 Touch 13 Flatfooted 14 | Saves F +2 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Darkvision 60, Perc +9/11, Swim Speed 30

"One important question is where it came from...and wether there are more of it's kind. Even a hostile intelligent creature would know better than to attack someone in a settlement, with plentiful others that could gather to fend of an attack. I think this one was either desparate, or retarded. Lets hope for the former.", Nivian mentions above water, then dives underwater, holding her distance and ready to speak to the Naga more, after she is done eating.

That assumes that she DID release the sailor as she dove after the goat. If she pulled him underwater, I would not casually chat with the others. but demand his release. If she interpreted my words as "now she can kill him and then will release his lifeless body", then she gets the Chaotic Evil Award and a Misfortune Hex.

Explanation:(I told her to release the man - she said food first. Then I told her not to kill him before we bring the food, considering she was constricting him sufficiently to press air out of him. The intent was, of course, to make sure she would release him alive. An evil soul could do an literal interpretation and consider them separate statements without connection.)


Female Human Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 14 T 13 FF 11 | Fort +2 Ref +7 Will +5 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 | Bardic Performance 14/14 rounds | Bard Spells: 1st—4/4 2nd—2/2

Johara nods. "All good questions! Ooop..." she trails off as she realizes that Nivian has gone back under and probably can't hear her. "Should I go in too, or...?" she asks nobody in particular.


Skull & Shackles roll20 | Reign of Winter roll20 |

From Nivian's point under the water's surface, she can see no sign of the naga. What she does see is a body left floating in the water. It appears to be unconscious at best.

The wind whipping across the surface of the water quickly disperses the cloud of fog revealing no naga. Several of the locals have gathered around and are pushing and shoving each other for someone to go in after the floating man. Another comes running up, row in hand, and hurriedly tosses the line out into the water.


Female Human Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 14 T 13 FF 11 | Fort +2 Ref +7 Will +5 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 | Bardic Performance 14/14 rounds | Bard Spells: 1st—4/4 2nd—2/2

Johara frowns when it becomes clear that the naga has made off with a free lunch. "Well that was disappointing," she says. "Next time it shows up and tries to shake us down, it gets a beating." She waits on the dock for Nivian to grab the unconscious man, ready to provide a healing touch if he can be safely recovered - and if he isn't dead yet.


HP 41/41, AC 12, Touch: 10, Flat Footed 12, Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +6, Init +0, Perception +2 | Scarshield 4/4, Kit 8/10, Active Effects: Mage Armor, Ironskin, Longarm, Enlarge Person, Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation Crew

"Hmm. That was nothing like the stories. Unfortunate." Sandman said with a shake of his head.


Female Human Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 14 T 13 FF 11 | Fort +2 Ref +7 Will +5 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 | Bardic Performance 14/14 rounds | Bard Spells: 1st—4/4 2nd—2/2

"Yeah! Nagas are supposed to be all wise and sometimes wicked, or something. That was just like a... water-snake hobo," says Johara with a pout.


HP 41/41, AC 12, Touch: 10, Flat Footed 12, Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +6, Init +0, Perception +2 | Scarshield 4/4, Kit 8/10, Active Effects: Mage Armor, Ironskin, Longarm, Enlarge Person, Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation Crew

"What is a 'hobo?'" Sandman asked, not familiar with the mainlander term


Female Human Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 14 T 13 FF 11 | Fort +2 Ref +7 Will +5 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 | Bardic Performance 14/14 rounds | Bard Spells: 1st—4/4 2nd—2/2

"According to stories, homeless itinerants who come into a town, do odd jobs and maybe steal some food, then move on after a few days," says Johara. "Sometimes they have adventures, but usually they're just dirty." She paces back and forth, arms folded, and mutters, "For this we interrupted a perfectly good game of nine-pins."


Female Undine Sea Witch 4 | HP 29/29| AC 17 Touch 13 Flatfooted 14 | Saves F +2 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Darkvision 60, Perc +9/11, Swim Speed 30

Nivian rushes towards the man, and attempts to recover him, keep his head above the water, and bring him to dry land fast, in case he needed a doctors touch.
At home underwater, she DOES take note of what direction the Naga took off towards...My water sense should tingle and at least have given me a ping rushing off somewhere, I was in the water all the time-


Skull & Shackles roll20 | Reign of Winter roll20 |

The man is not breathing and his pulse is quickly fading.

The naga fled back up stream.


HP 41/41, AC 12, Touch: 10, Flat Footed 12, Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +6, Init +0, Perception +2 | Scarshield 4/4, Kit 8/10, Active Effects: Mage Armor, Ironskin, Longarm, Enlarge Person, Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation Crew

"That sounds a lot like... us." Sandman said, amused for a moment before seeing Nivian dragging the unconscious man to the shore.

"Over here!" He called as he ran to meet them and immediately breathed a lungful of air into the man's mouth and began pressing on his chest.

Heal: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26


Female Human Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 14 T 13 FF 11 | Fort +2 Ref +7 Will +5 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 | Bardic Performance 14/14 rounds | Bard Spells: 1st—4/4 2nd—2/2

"I'm not dirty!" objects Johara before she moves to help with a healing spell.

I haven't read the drowning rules for PF so I don't know if they're different from 3e, but if they're the same the fellow should be at 0 or lower when Sandman starts resuscitation, ergo he gets a cure light wounds.

Cure light wounds: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Male Dwarf 4th Level Bloodrager (Untouchable Rager) | HP 46/46 | THP 0/8 | AC 17 (15) | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 19 | Fort +7 | Ref +3 | Will +4 | Init +4 | Perc +10 | Bloodrage 17/17

Fargrim watches on as the unconscious man is brought up. "If he dies, then so does the beast." He states very matter-of-factly. "We cannot allow that thing to show the world that we can be publicly ignored and mocked this way."


Skull & Shackles roll20 | Reign of Winter roll20 |

The man's bruises fade and his ribs knit back together as Johara's positive energy infuses his body. Sandman's chest compressions force the water from the man's lungs and a moment later he begins coughing. His eyes flutter open and upon seeing Sandman kneeling over him, he grimaces but forces out a weak smile and nods. When he notices Johara standing next to him his smile grows and he flashes her a wink.

A few minutes later Rickety comes rushing over to see what happened. The locals quickly spread the story of the hero pirates. The nearly-drowned man relates what he remembers to Rickety who begins to wave off the gathered crowd.

"Don't you all have work to do?" he shouts. The gathered crowd disperses quickly and Rickety turns his attention to the pirates.

"I owes yous my thanks. Glad yous was here to help. Good help is hard to find. I'll knock your costs to refit down some since yous helped my man, but let's just keep that between us. I don't need my reputation tarnished if yous know what I mean."


HP 41/41, AC 12, Touch: 10, Flat Footed 12, Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +6, Init +0, Perception +2 | Scarshield 4/4, Kit 8/10, Active Effects: Mage Armor, Ironskin, Longarm, Enlarge Person, Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation Crew

Sandman nodded. "Of course. You may run into problems with the Naga again. Now that it knows it can threaten for food, it may be back."


Female Undine Sea Witch 4 | HP 29/29| AC 17 Touch 13 Flatfooted 14 | Saves F +2 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Darkvision 60, Perc +9/11, Swim Speed 30

Nivian waits until the gathered crowds are out of earshot:"Much appreciated, and no one else will learn about it", she shoots a strict glance at their new crew members, making sure they understood, before continuing:"And I concur. If one can get away with something, it makes sense to try it again. The strong do as they please, the weak endure. Our way of life would not work if it was any other way. But when two meet who think they are strong, one will learn better. The way it attempted to murder your man despite getting fed makes me feel this Naga needs to learn the ultimate lesson. What kind of poisons can you load a slaughtered pig up with in this place? You got arsenic against rats, maybe?"


Male Dwarf 4th Level Bloodrager (Untouchable Rager) | HP 46/46 | THP 0/8 | AC 17 (15) | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 19 | Fort +7 | Ref +3 | Will +4 | Init +4 | Perc +10 | Bloodrage 17/17

Fargrim nods solemnly his promise to the man that none of theirs will speak of the arrangement. He turns up a large grin when Nivian mentions poisoned pigs. "Excellent! I've been itching for a good fight."


HP 41/41, AC 12, Touch: 10, Flat Footed 12, Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +6, Init +0, Perception +2 | Scarshield 4/4, Kit 8/10, Active Effects: Mage Armor, Ironskin, Longarm, Enlarge Person, Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation Crew

"I do not like it. Water Naga are not known to act like this. Something seems wrong."


Female Undine Sea Witch 4 | HP 29/29| AC 17 Touch 13 Flatfooted 14 | Saves F +2 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Darkvision 60, Perc +9/11, Swim Speed 30

"If what you claim about Naga is true, they are intelligent. It should have anticipated our reaction, or parleyed. It did not, and it became a danger to this community. If there's something wrong, it should have come looking for help, not prey. I'm not a Samaritian. If we learn more, we can still adapt our course. For now, let us assume it is hostile for whatever reason - we'll run into more such people, and won't always question the reason for their hostility before we end them. Feel free to try and learn more - it can only be to our benefit. But we should be prepared for it's return nonetheless.", Nivian responds to Sandman.
Oh, I also think something's wrong. But the most simple way to solve the situation is a dead Naga. If it wanted to talk, it had a chance to do so after we fed it. Instead, it left a unconscious drowning worker behind and left. To Nivian, that's a declaration of intent(as in, not being willing to co-operate or be on friendly terms with the settlement). If something compelled the Naga to do so, eliminating it still solves the inmediate problem.


Female Human Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 14 T 13 FF 11 | Fort +2 Ref +7 Will +5 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 | Bardic Performance 14/14 rounds | Bard Spells: 1st—4/4 2nd—2/2

"Yeah, it came and caused trouble, we did it a favor, and it scarpered off with dinner," says Johara. "Next time, not so nice!"

She sighs, shrugs, and says, "Kinda an odd way for the afternoon to proceed. Now what? Back to nine-pins or on to something different?"


Skull & Shackles roll20 | Reign of Winter roll20 |

"Wells, I gotta get back to work. I'll double the watches and post more people to keep an eye out. Hopefully that thing won't come back, at least not anytime soon with you guys around." Rickety waves as he turns to walk off.

The rest of the afternoon passes without much fanfare. The weather holds to pattern and the humidity and heat are enough to keep most things at bay. As evening rolls in, most of the locals gather in the commons for a make-shift feast. They don't have much meat, but there is a tremendous amount of fresh fruit and the ale that wasn't consumed earlier is cracked open.

You are welcome to try and pursue the naga up the river if you like.


Female Human Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 14 T 13 FF 11 | Fort +2 Ref +7 Will +5 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 | Bardic Performance 14/14 rounds | Bard Spells: 1st—4/4 2nd—2/2

Johara asks as the feast goes on later that night, "So... do we want to try and go upriver and see if we can find that thing? Or learn more about where it came from? Or should we just leave it and not worry about it unless it comes back?"


HP 41/41, AC 12, Touch: 10, Flat Footed 12, Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +6, Init +0, Perception +2 | Scarshield 4/4, Kit 8/10, Active Effects: Mage Armor, Ironskin, Longarm, Enlarge Person, Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation Crew

"Seems like something we shouldn't do for free." Sandman said with a shrug.


Female Undine Sea Witch 4 | HP 29/29| AC 17 Touch 13 Flatfooted 14 | Saves F +2 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Darkvision 60, Perc +9/11, Swim Speed 30

"I concur. I dare say we saved that mans life. They appreciated that, and that's well. BUT...unless Rickety comes to us, requesting that we deal with the Naga, our meddling could turn our relation with our hosts sour. He would assume that we expect more than a friendly handshake and a honest thanks, and he would be right - but if he was willing to pay for that, he would have asked us in the first place, seeing how we're stuck here while he fixes the Covenant. Na, if that thing comes back and causes trouble again, we deal with it, simply because it tried to make a fool of us, and we should let nobody get away with that for our own sake. Otherwise, we enjoy the good life in port, before we're going out there again earning some plunder."


Female Human Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 14 T 13 FF 11 | Fort +2 Ref +7 Will +5 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 | Bardic Performance 14/14 rounds | Bard Spells: 1st—4/4 2nd—2/2

"At least we got a discount!"


Female Undine Sea Witch 4 | HP 29/29| AC 17 Touch 13 Flatfooted 14 | Saves F +2 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Darkvision 60, Perc +9/11, Swim Speed 30

"Aye. Now, I think there was some debt from a gamble, which we ought to collect, unless, of course, we play for double or nothing. There's still a full cask, and the suns still up. Nothing like a little excitement to spice up the day, no?"


Male Dwarf 4th Level Bloodrager (Untouchable Rager) | HP 46/46 | THP 0/8 | AC 17 (15) | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 19 | Fort +7 | Ref +3 | Will +4 | Init +4 | Perc +10 | Bloodrage 17/17

Fargrim looks angry that the group decides not to pursue the naga after it publicly rebuked them; however, he says nothing more at that point. He carefully wraps his dorn-dergar back around his body and stashes it for now... It is obvious at this point that the dwarf's mood has soured and he simply sits back to watch any further games.

Damn this dwarf and his Pride...


Female Human Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 14 T 13 FF 11 | Fort +2 Ref +7 Will +5 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 | Bardic Performance 14/14 rounds | Bard Spells: 1st—4/4 2nd—2/2

"Yeah, we should have a little fun while we're in port waiting for the ship's repairs," says Johara. "Let's make the most of the rest of the day!"


Skull & Shackles roll20 | Reign of Winter roll20 |

The feast and the accompanying party lasts for several hours but while Rickety lets his workers enjoy themselves as the sun sets, they all know that a long day of work under the hot sun follows the next day. A good time is had, but none of the locals do so in excess. Once the sun sets the temperature drops and with the wind rolling off of the river, it's a cool and comfortable evening. A bright moon helps those on watch but by the following morning, there has been no further sign of the naga.

The next morning most of the workers are up early and working on the Covenent. Those that aren't are standing at post keeping a lookout just in case. Breakfast is more fresh fruit and eggs, something most of the crew have their fill of. With not much else to do, some stand watch while the rest catch up on some sleep. Rickety won't allow anyone not on his staff to offer up help with the boat.

It's about midday when clouds of birds erupt from the tree canopy. There must be hundreds if not thousands and its a sight seldom seen. Some of the locals even stop working to take a gander and eventually all work stops. Even Rickety who normally acts as foreman gives pause to shouting orders and slowly moves toward the tree line. That is until the calls go out.

One word, repeated as it passes from lips to lips. "WASPS!" Almost as soon as it's repeated, they turn tail and run for cover. As some of the larger groups of birds get closer, the true threat is realized. These are not just wasps, but giant wasps. The sound of their buzzing becomes almost deafening as the horse-sized insects head away from the trees and towards the small village.

You have one round of actions to start preparing before they really get into combat range. Consider them to be about 300 feet away.


HP 41/41, AC 12, Touch: 10, Flat Footed 12, Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +6, Init +0, Perception +2 | Scarshield 4/4, Kit 8/10, Active Effects: Mage Armor, Ironskin, Longarm, Enlarge Person, Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation Crew

"Hells." Sandman mutters. "Get to cover!"

Casting Mage Armor. Activating Scar Shield. Moving toward somewhere indoors.


Female Changeling (Sea) Witch (Hedge, Sea) 4 | HP 18/18 | AC 14 (+2 Dex +2 Natural) Touch 12 Flatfooted 12 | Saves F +0 R +2 W +3 | Init +2 | Darkvision 60; Perc +1, Sense Motive +0 | Allies within 10 feet get +1 morale bonus vs. fear (as long as she is conscious)

Baltzar adjusts her blouse and casts Mage Armor, then also tries to find some cover until they arrive.


Male Dwarf 4th Level Bloodrager (Untouchable Rager) | HP 46/46 | THP 0/8 | AC 17 (15) | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 19 | Fort +7 | Ref +3 | Will +4 | Init +4 | Perc +10 | Bloodrage 17/17

Fargrim watches the birds with great interest, staring at them in wonderment as such a sight is really seen by dwarves. When he realizes, all too late, that they are not birds he lets loose with a string of strong dwarven curses and follows behind the others as he looks for a place of refuge against the incoming insects...

Draw his Dorn-dergar while seeking cover!


Female Human Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 14 T 13 FF 11 | Fort +2 Ref +7 Will +5 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 | Bardic Performance 14/14 rounds | Bard Spells: 1st—4/4 2nd—2/2

The night before

Johara seems to truly relish the opportunity for some relaxation at last. She seems exuberant over nine-pins, getting tipsy, listening to crazy sea stories, singing sea shanties and doing all of the "off-hour pirate things."

The next day

Johara says with some consternation, "Ummm... we need smoke! A bonfire or something!" She casts about looking for a place to get behind cover and out of the way of the wasps for the moment.

1,851 to 1,900 of 2,242 << first < prev | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Welcome aboard the Wormwood. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.