The Many-Faced GM's Skulls and Shackles (Inactive)

Game Master Nickadeamous

Skull & Shackles roll20
The Covenant
Crew

Current Plunder: 5
Infamy: 2
Disrepute: 2


1,901 to 1,950 of 2,242 << first < prev | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | next > last >>

Female Undine Sea Witch 4 | HP 29/29| AC 17 Touch 13 Flatfooted 14 | Saves F +2 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Darkvision 60, Perc +9/11, Swim Speed 30

The night before

Nivian seems to relish the opportunity for some relaxation. Nine-pins, getting tipsy, telling crazy sea stories, singing sea shanties and doing ALL of the "off-hour pirate things."

The next day

"Get into a building, or below deck!", Nivian shouts, even as she finished a protective spell, grabbing a hold of Johara and heading towards the closest door with her.

Casting mage armor, just because...


Skull & Shackles roll20 | Reign of Winter roll20 |

The locals scatter and run for cover as the giant wasps swarm around the commons. Most have made it to safety but a few were not so lucky and are in danger of being carried off. Two of the giant wasps are currently fighting over one person who was not able to find shelter quickly enough. Another wasp has just stung and paralyzed its victim. The locals seem too afraid to risk confronting the giant wasps and even Rickity is cautioning people to stay where they are.

Round 1 - Players Turn!

The wasps end their turn where they are on the map.

The roll20 map has been updated.


Sandman slipped his mask on, shaking his head as it moulded to his face and changed him. The Nightmare Man reached out and caused an eruption of grasping shadows beneath the nearest wasp.

Adhesive Spittle. Target is Entangled and at 1/2 movement, and must make saving throws to Fly for 2d4 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5. Target also needs to make a DC 17 Reflex save or be stuck to the ground unable to move for the duration.


Female Human Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 14 T 13 FF 11 | Fort +2 Ref +7 Will +5 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 | Bardic Performance 14/14 rounds | Bard Spells: 1st—4/4 2nd—2/2

"That is one hell of a bug," says Johara with some wonder as she sees the full size of the enormous wasp. "Nivian, let's ensorcel up!"

Cast heroism on self and take a 5' step.


Female Undine Sea Witch 4 | HP 29/29| AC 17 Touch 13 Flatfooted 14 | Saves F +2 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Darkvision 60, Perc +9/11, Swim Speed 30

Working on the door, Nivian answers: "Dangerous, too, and numerous - what are you doi...", Realizing Johara intends to step out and help the man, Nivian rushes past her, cursing herself silently for acting so stupidly to protect the younger woman.
Focusing on her, Nivian starts singing a sad tune in Aquan.
Move as on map, standard to start fortune-effect on Johara. Once per round, you get to re-roll a D20 you rolled.


Female Human Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 14 T 13 FF 11 | Fort +2 Ref +7 Will +5 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 | Bardic Performance 14/14 rounds | Bard Spells: 1st—4/4 2nd—2/2

"If we don't deal with these things they'll carry us off next!" says Johara as she spins out of her spell.


Male Dwarf 4th Level Bloodrager (Untouchable Rager) | HP 46/46 | THP 0/8 | AC 17 (15) | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 19 | Fort +7 | Ref +3 | Will +4 | Init +4 | Perc +10 | Bloodrage 17/17

Just realized I never posted this round actions, hopefully it wasn't just me keeping things slow...

Fargrim spots the locals nearby and shouts for them to get into the building. "Move you fools! Get away from the wasp and into this building!" He steps out to give the men a chance to get to cover, stretching his dorn-dergar out to Reach length.


Skull & Shackles roll20 | Reign of Winter roll20 |

The ladies step out into the action ready to be the hero just as Fargrim does the same. The last few men take off running past the pirates as the giant wasps continue to sting and give chase. Unconcerned about the pirates so far, the wasps fly closer yet still. One wasp flies close enough to Vivian that she could easily reach out and grab its wings. Another closes on Johara as the last moves up on Fargrim only to be swallowed up by shadows for it's troubles. It struggles angrily as it tries to break free from the sticky blackness but makes on ground for its efforts.

Nivian and Fargrim may make an attack of opportunity against their respective wasps.

Giant Wasp #2 Reflex save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

The roll20 map has been updated.


Male Dwarf 4th Level Bloodrager (Untouchable Rager) | HP 46/46 | THP 0/8 | AC 17 (15) | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 19 | Fort +7 | Ref +3 | Will +4 | Init +4 | Perc +10 | Bloodrage 17/17

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14


HP 41/41, AC 12, Touch: 10, Flat Footed 12, Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +6, Init +0, Perception +2 | Scarshield 4/4, Kit 8/10, Active Effects: Mage Armor, Ironskin, Longarm, Enlarge Person, Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation Crew

The Nightmare Man stepped out of the doorway to get a better look around. He waved his hand, casting dark blue sand outward. It vanished and seemed to reappear as glinting motes of darkness dotted with starlight all around the wasps near Nivain and Johara.

Glitterdust. DC 17 will or be Blinded. Targeting it so that it hits the wasps but not the ladies. I'm thinking I'll just fill the air above their heads, which will still hit the wasps because of their Large size.


Female Changeling (Sea) Witch (Hedge, Sea) 4 | HP 18/18 | AC 14 (+2 Dex +2 Natural) Touch 12 Flatfooted 12 | Saves F +0 R +2 W +3 | Init +2 | Darkvision 60; Perc +1, Sense Motive +0 | Allies within 10 feet get +1 morale bonus vs. fear (as long as she is conscious)

For now, Baltzar will hold her actions for if either a wasp approaches her or if someone needs healing.


Female Human Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 14 T 13 FF 11 | Fort +2 Ref +7 Will +5 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 | Bardic Performance 14/14 rounds | Bard Spells: 1st—4/4 2nd—2/2

Undaunted, Johara spins up into her dance and slashes upward with her scimitar, rising until the point lunges up into the giant wasp (#1).

Scimitar attack, battle dance, heroism: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
Scimitar damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


Skull & Shackles roll20 | Reign of Winter roll20 |

Fargrim's chain lashed out and stung the wasp harder than it had ever been stung before, which really served to enrage the giant insect and more than it had been by being stuck in place by some inky shadow.

Str check to break free vs. DC 17: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

The wasp struggled and struggled but finally managed to break free and it was not happy.

The other wasp stings at Johana and the last at Nivian.

Wasp #1 sting on Johara: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Wasp #3 sting on Nivian: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

While the rapier-like stinger misses Nivian, Johara is not so lucky.

Sting damage on Johara: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

The stinger digs deep into her flesh and almost immediately she can feel the burn of the poison as it seeps into her blood.

DC 18 Fort save vs. poison:

1d2 Dex damage: 1d2 ⇒ 1

Shouts and screams can be heard from the locals as the both cheer on the pirates and flee in panic.

End of Round 1

Round 2 - Players Turn!

Sandman hurls his infamous sand at the giant wasps and perhaps due to their enlarged eyes, the sand sticks to them and for the first time in their lives, find that they cannot see. Johara takes full advantage of the situation and opens a wide gash across the bug's thorax.

Wasp #1 Will save vs DC 17: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Wasp #3 Will save vs DC 17: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

The roll20 map has been updated.

We got a little out of whack here from the AoO's but Sandman and Johara have gone in round 2. Nivian can still make an Attack of Opportunity on Wasp #3 from round 1. Johara needs a Fortitude save or be poisoned. Nivian, Fargrim and Baltzar have round 2 actions still.


Male Dwarf 4th Level Bloodrager (Untouchable Rager) | HP 46/46 | THP 0/8 | AC 17 (15) | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 19 | Fort +7 | Ref +3 | Will +4 | Init +4 | Perc +10 | Bloodrage 17/17

Fargrim lets slip the bloodrage and his forms wavers as enters his trance. He sends his dorn dergar slinging out toward the wasp yet again in a probing strike to see what defenses the insect possessed.

Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Damage: 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Actions: Free - Enter Bloodrage (+4 Str, Con (8 THP); +2 Will; -2 AC; [url=http://www.archivesofnethys.com/SpellDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Blur]Blur[/url)). Standard - Attack #2.


Female Human Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 14 T 13 FF 11 | Fort +2 Ref +7 Will +5 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 | Bardic Performance 14/14 rounds | Bard Spells: 1st—4/4 2nd—2/2

Fort save vs. wasp poison: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19 (includes +2 from heroism)


Female Undine Sea Witch 4 | HP 29/29| AC 17 Touch 13 Flatfooted 14 | Saves F +2 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Darkvision 60, Perc +9/11, Swim Speed 30

Yeah, no AoO from me. Considering I have my light crossbow(and never got that magical dagger from some certain Half-Orc), I would need to attack unarmed, which would provoke in term...which I am pretty certain I don't want to risk for a point of nonlethal damage I could do.

Stepping away from the beast assailing her, Nivian curses at the Wasp that struck Johara, even as she continued to sing an inspiring tune.

Standard: Misfortune Hex vs upper Wasp(DC 16 Will). Move: Maintain Fortune on Johara and Misfortune on Wasp if successful. 5-foot step next to Johara.


Female Changeling (Sea) Witch (Hedge, Sea) 4 | HP 18/18 | AC 14 (+2 Dex +2 Natural) Touch 12 Flatfooted 12 | Saves F +0 R +2 W +3 | Init +2 | Darkvision 60; Perc +1, Sense Motive +0 | Allies within 10 feet get +1 morale bonus vs. fear (as long as she is conscious)

Baltzar is really far from Johara, but will start running that way. (I can't seem to move her on the roll20 map)


Skull & Shackles roll20 | Reign of Winter roll20 |

Fargrim's dorn dergar punctures through the wasp's wing and manages to rip it off completely as he heaves heavily on the chain. The other wasp doesn't seem to understand the concept of luck as it manages to ignore Nivian's curse. Baltzar darts out from the safety of the building and dashes towards the engaged ladies.

The wasps push forward, their stingers striking out against whatever they can hit and manage to find soft flesh to inject their venom into.

Both Johara and Fargrim take 11 points of piercing damage and must make a DC Fortitude 18 save or take 2 points of Dex damage.

Round 3 - Players Turn!

DM Rolls:

Wasp #1 Will save vs. DC 16 misfortune: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Wasp #1 Will save vs. DC 17 blindness: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Wasp #3 Will save vs. DC 17 blindness: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Wasp #2 vs. Fargrim: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Piercing damage to Fargrim: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Wasp #1 vs. Johara: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 99
Piercing damage to Johara: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Dex Damage: 1d2 ⇒ 2

The roll20 map has been updated.


Male Dwarf 4th Level Bloodrager (Untouchable Rager) | HP 46/46 | THP 0/8 | AC 17 (15) | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 19 | Fort +7 | Ref +3 | Will +4 | Init +4 | Perc +10 | Bloodrage 17/17

Fargrim also would have received an Attack of Opportunity against the wasp as it moved forward.

AoO: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Damage: 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Fort DC 18: 1d20 + 9 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 9 + 3 = 28 Throwing this out there just in case he did get his AoO.


Female Human Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 14 T 13 FF 11 | Fort +2 Ref +7 Will +5 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 | Bardic Performance 14/14 rounds | Bard Spells: 1st—4/4 2nd—2/2

Fort save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Despite getting grazed with a giant wasp stinger, Johara somehow manages to avoid being punctured and filled with poison, though it does catch and tear enough of her silks to yank her about forcefully. She does her best to adjust her cadence and continue to slash at the flying foe.

Scimitar attack, battle dance, heroism: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Scimitar damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


HP 41/41, AC 12, Touch: 10, Flat Footed 12, Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +6, Init +0, Perception +2 | Scarshield 4/4, Kit 8/10, Active Effects: Mage Armor, Ironskin, Longarm, Enlarge Person, Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation Crew

Is the Wasp in front of Fargrim still alive after that AoO?


Female Undine Sea Witch 4 | HP 29/29| AC 17 Touch 13 Flatfooted 14 | Saves F +2 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Darkvision 60, Perc +9/11, Swim Speed 30

@Fargrim: Did the wasp not 5-foot hover? You managed to hit it before, so it should have been 10 feet away tops...? If so, no AoO, but would be a fine regular attack to finish it off, too.

And Johara, is your HP track correct? I think you took damage before? Can we risk another round without healing?

Nivian remains singing, channeling luck into Johara...looking at the wasps, she prepares to act if the situation is right...
Move to sustain Fortune on Johara. Standard to ready action

Ready:
If the two Wasps near us "touch/align", 5-foot step up and left and cast Frostfall so to touch them both, as close to me and Johara as possible without covering her.
Cold damage(no save): 2d6 ⇒ (6, 6) = 12 + DC 16 Fortitude Save or be staggered.(plus another Fortitude Save at the start of my turn(which you can instantly do on update since that will be when my next turn comes up) to ignore half of Moar Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 5 damage.


Female Human Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 14 T 13 FF 11 | Fort +2 Ref +7 Will +5 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 | Bardic Performance 14/14 rounds | Bard Spells: 1st—4/4 2nd—2/2

I was hit for 10 before, it may have fallen off tracking b/c of trying to update while Paizo was having that period where the boards were constantly flipping up and down.


Male Dwarf 4th Level Bloodrager (Untouchable Rager) | HP 46/46 | THP 0/8 | AC 17 (15) | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 19 | Fort +7 | Ref +3 | Will +4 | Init +4 | Perc +10 | Bloodrage 17/17

Can you take a 5' step while flying?


Female Undine Sea Witch 4 | HP 29/29| AC 17 Touch 13 Flatfooted 14 | Saves F +2 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Darkvision 60, Perc +9/11, Swim Speed 30

AFAIK you can take a 5-foot movement with any mode you have a listed movement speed for - I should be able to take a 5-foot swim, for example, or Romello a 5-foot climb. You have a listed land speed and can take a 5-foot movement using that.
But if I cast fly, I'm out of luck, same if Sandman casts Monkeyfish.
(As per the rule: You may not take a 5-foot step using a form of movement for which you do not have a listed speed.)


Skull & Shackles roll20 | Reign of Winter roll20 |

The wasp is 5-foot adjusting so no AoO from Fargrimm. It is your turn so you can use the attack roll and damage.

Johara's scimitar bites into the wasp once again.

Sandman, Baltzar, and Fargrim still have actions.


Male Dwarf 4th Level Bloodrager (Untouchable Rager) | HP 46/46 | THP 0/8 | AC 17 (15) | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 19 | Fort +7 | Ref +3 | Will +4 | Init +4 | Perc +10 | Bloodrage 17/17

Fargrim grunts as the stinger pierces his skin and feels the burn of the vemon; however, his impressive hardiness takes care of that little issue. He takes a step back and lashes out with his dorn-dergar, striking the wasp solidly!

AoO: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Damage: 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16


Female Changeling (Sea) Witch (Hedge, Sea) 4 | HP 18/18 | AC 14 (+2 Dex +2 Natural) Touch 12 Flatfooted 12 | Saves F +0 R +2 W +3 | Init +2 | Darkvision 60; Perc +1, Sense Motive +0 | Allies within 10 feet get +1 morale bonus vs. fear (as long as she is conscious)

Still is headed closer to Johara to heal her.


HP 41/41, AC 12, Touch: 10, Flat Footed 12, Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +6, Init +0, Perception +2 | Scarshield 4/4, Kit 8/10, Active Effects: Mage Armor, Ironskin, Longarm, Enlarge Person, Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation Crew

My action depends on whether Fargrim's attack dropped the wasp in front of us or not.

Dead Wasp:

Just a full move. I'll change the map if this is the action that happens.

No Dead Wasp:

Attack Not Dead Wasp: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


Skull & Shackles roll20 | Reign of Winter roll20 |

Fargrim's weapon once again spills blood as it rips the wasp in half. Baltzar continues to beat feet and Sandman follows suit. The two remaining wasps release their fury and both sting Johara fiercely, but not before Nivian summons the frost to steal the life from them. Ice crystallizes on their wings as they fall to the ground. Still, the rage fuels their anger and they continue to fight.

Johara takes 20 points of piercing damage and must make two DC 18 Fortitude saves or take 2 points of Dex damage and 2 points of Dex damage.

Round 4 - Players Turn!

DM Rolls:

Wasp #1, Fortitude save vs. staggered: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Wasp #3, Fortitude save vs. staggered: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Wasp #1, Fortitude save vs. cold damage: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Wasp #3, Fortitude save vs. cold damage: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Wasp #1, Will save vs. glitterdust: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Wasp #1, blind, staggered: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Wasp #1, blind, mischance: 1d100 ⇒ 63
Wasp #3, staggered: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Piercing damage to Johara: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Piercing damage to Johara: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Dex damage: 1d2 ⇒ 2
Dex damage: 1d2 ⇒ 2

The roll20 map has been updated.


Female Human Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 14 T 13 FF 11 | Fort +2 Ref +7 Will +5 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 | Bardic Performance 14/14 rounds | Bard Spells: 1st—4/4 2nd—2/2

Fort save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Fort save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Stabilize: 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (16) - 5 = 11

...and dying.


Male Dwarf 4th Level Bloodrager (Untouchable Rager) | HP 46/46 | THP 0/8 | AC 17 (15) | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 19 | Fort +7 | Ref +3 | Will +4 | Init +4 | Perc +10 | Bloodrage 17/17

Actually, Johara you passed your Stabilization check (only DC 10)! So you are at least not dying.

Fargrim turns to see Johara suddenly fall from the assault of the wasps! He lets out a primal shout filled with fury as he suddenly charges across the battlefield and sends his weapon flinging out towards the nearest wasp!

Charge: 1d20 + 9 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 9 + 2 - 2 = 27
Damage: 1d10 + 7 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 6 = 15


Female Changeling (Sea) Witch (Hedge, Sea) 4 | HP 18/18 | AC 14 (+2 Dex +2 Natural) Touch 12 Flatfooted 12 | Saves F +0 R +2 W +3 | Init +2 | Darkvision 60; Perc +1, Sense Motive +0 | Allies within 10 feet get +1 morale bonus vs. fear (as long as she is conscious)

Baltzar casts Cure Moderate Wounds on Johara.

[Movement note: I've been wanting to move to her for awhile now, but I still am not able to move my token on the roll20 map... not sure why, but it seems you have been... so hopefully I can get to her with my move action this round, hopefully avoiding the wasps?]

Healing: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (6, 6) + 4 = 16


The masked Nightmare Man moved in near Fargrim and slammed his club into one of the wasps.

Attack, reach: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

With Mage Armor and Scarshield up, my AC is 16.


Female Undine Sea Witch 4 | HP 29/29| AC 17 Touch 13 Flatfooted 14 | Saves F +2 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Darkvision 60, Perc +9/11, Swim Speed 30

Since they stay in the area, there's another save Fortitude DC 16 vs 1d6 ⇒ 1 cold damage(save=>half...yay on that roll)
Seeing Johara fall under the assault from the Wasps, Nivian curses slightly, then steps forward again, while healing the woman on the ground, still maintaining her chanting sing-sang.
2d8 + 4 ⇒ (7, 1) + 4 = 12

@Johara: You were(still are) under effect of fortune...meaning roll a D20 twice - you MAY have wanted to do that on one of the fortitude saves, maybe?


Skull & Shackles roll20 | Reign of Winter roll20 |

Cold, clubs, and chains prove too much for the last wasps to handle as they tumble to the ground twitching. Johara's eyes flutter open as healing energy washes through her body.

Combat over!

Johara still has a reroll available from Nivian's fortune. Rereading the poison rolls, she only has to make one save, but the DC is higher, so a DC 20 Fortitude save or she will continue to take 1d2 Dex damage for 5 more rounds or until one save is made. Ignore the 2nd -2 dex damage initially. She has only taken -2 dex so far, not 4.


Female Undine Sea Witch 4 | HP 29/29| AC 17 Touch 13 Flatfooted 14 | Saves F +2 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Darkvision 60, Perc +9/11, Swim Speed 30

Seeing the wasps fall, Nivian, already half-turned towards Johara from when she healed her, the subvocal voice still maintaining the singing, Nivian kneels down next to Johara. Brushing a strand of hair out of the girls face, she locks gaze with the other woman:"Shhh....they are gone. Easy. You were reckless, and being that forward can be dangerous. And I wouldn't want to lose you, anybody, over something like this. But enough now - relax and fight the poison. You can visit my room at night and we will talk further - there is still much to teach you."

Aye, maintaining Fortune, so at least Johara gets 2 attempts at each save.


HP 41/41, AC 12, Touch: 10, Flat Footed 12, Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +6, Init +0, Perception +2 | Scarshield 4/4, Kit 8/10, Active Effects: Mage Armor, Ironskin, Longarm, Enlarge Person, Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation Crew

Heal, Treat Poison: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16 If that beats the poison's original DC, she gets a +4 to the next save.

Sandman took his mask off and set it on Johara's chest. It's eyes flared as it drank her pain.

Sandman made a small incision with his obsidian dagger at the sight of the puncture to increase the bleeding and pressed a leeching poultice of moss, herbs and blue sand against the wound.


Tiny Wooden Object Familiar. HP 10/10, Hardness 5, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3 Fear 1/1

Take 10 on Heal, Aid Another.

I think she has learned her lesson.


Female Human Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 14 T 13 FF 11 | Fort +2 Ref +7 Will +5 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 | Bardic Performance 14/14 rounds | Bard Spells: 1st—4/4 2nd—2/2

I had Fortune? Will roll that!

Fort save reroll: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Johara tries to sit up, but is still woozy. "Stupid flying bugs," she mutters. "Thanks, though. I think I'll pull through. Are they all dead?"

She rolls her head to the side and says to Nivian, "Don't get me wrong, I wasn't trying to be a hero, I just figured that they would find us and sting us so I might as well bring the trouble to them first."


HP 41/41, AC 12, Touch: 10, Flat Footed 12, Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +6, Init +0, Perception +2 | Scarshield 4/4, Kit 8/10, Active Effects: Mage Armor, Ironskin, Longarm, Enlarge Person, Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation Crew

Sandman stood and began to reach to help Johara to her feet, but stopped, instead stepping back and letting Nivian do it.

He looked around for more wasps, trying to assess how bad off the locals were.


Female Human Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 14 T 13 FF 11 | Fort +2 Ref +7 Will +5 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 | Bardic Performance 14/14 rounds | Bard Spells: 1st—4/4 2nd—2/2

Still lying on the ground, Johara looks down at the Nightmare Mask on her chest, leering up at her, then says, "I appreciate the help, Sandman. That poison really left me woozy. Um... do you need this back now?"


Female Changeling (Sea) Witch (Hedge, Sea) 4 | HP 18/18 | AC 14 (+2 Dex +2 Natural) Touch 12 Flatfooted 12 | Saves F +0 R +2 W +3 | Init +2 | Darkvision 60; Perc +1, Sense Motive +0 | Allies within 10 feet get +1 morale bonus vs. fear (as long as she is conscious)

I still have some spells for spontaneous healing if Johara needs it, just let me know. One Cure Moderate should heal her up unless I roll super badly.


Female Human Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 14 T 13 FF 11 | Fort +2 Ref +7 Will +5 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 | Bardic Performance 14/14 rounds | Bard Spells: 1st—4/4 2nd—2/2

What's our most efficient healing? I have cure light and haven't used my 1st-level spells yet. A couple of those should get me squared away and you can save your big gun in case it's needed in a surprise fight?


HP 41/41, AC 12, Touch: 10, Flat Footed 12, Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +6, Init +0, Perception +2 | Scarshield 4/4, Kit 8/10, Active Effects: Mage Armor, Ironskin, Longarm, Enlarge Person, Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation Crew

Sandman gave her a half smile. and held out his hand. The mask drifted up off her chest and to him. "It can hear you."


Female Human Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 14 T 13 FF 11 | Fort +2 Ref +7 Will +5 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 | Bardic Performance 14/14 rounds | Bard Spells: 1st—4/4 2nd—2/2

"It doesn't have a tongue, does it? I may be a dancer and a courtesan, but I have to draw the line somewhere."


HP 41/41, AC 12, Touch: 10, Flat Footed 12, Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +6, Init +0, Perception +2 | Scarshield 4/4, Kit 8/10, Active Effects: Mage Armor, Ironskin, Longarm, Enlarge Person, Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation Crew

"Only when it borrows mine."


Female Human Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 14 T 13 FF 11 | Fort +2 Ref +7 Will +5 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 | Bardic Performance 14/14 rounds | Bard Spells: 1st—4/4 2nd—2/2

"I don't feel damp, so I'll assume it didn't molest me. Thanks for that." Johara winks.


Female Undine Sea Witch 4 | HP 29/29| AC 17 Touch 13 Flatfooted 14 | Saves F +2 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Darkvision 60, Perc +9/11, Swim Speed 30

Oh, dampness is my domain, sweetie, I'm the Undine...
"I'm just glad that you are fine...as far as we can tell, the raid is over, but there may be more people in need of aid. I'll take care of Johara...Fargrimm, I want you to check on the others of our crew, make sure they are save. Sandman, Baltzar, you scan the perimeter for others wounded by the Wasps attack but not carried off. They may come back, we don't want wounded out in the open if so.", Nivians voice grew firm as she talked. She had the Captains Hat for the port...it was less than she enjoyed giving the orders, but more that they suddenly found themselves in a dire situation, and would need to act quickly and efficiently...and someone would need to make decisions.
"If you find there's any Wasps left, call out and we'll converge on your location."


Male Dwarf 4th Level Bloodrager (Untouchable Rager) | HP 46/46 | THP 0/8 | AC 17 (15) | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 19 | Fort +7 | Ref +3 | Will +4 | Init +4 | Perc +10 | Bloodrage 17/17

Fargrim rushes over to Johara's side and lets out a sigh of relief when he realizes she is still alive. When talk turns to tongues and molestation he blushes and turns away to hide his discomfort. He then jumps at the task suggested by Nivian, but stops to look at Johara's once more. "Be more careful next time, lass." he nods and then rushes to check on the rest of the crew.

1,901 to 1,950 of 2,242 << first < prev | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Welcome aboard the Wormwood. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.