The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge: Explore, Report, Cooperate!

Game Master Tyranius

PbP Special Events and ConventionsGameday XI Announcement

PbP Lodges and Guides


8,851 to 8,900 of 8,948 << first < prev | 169 | 170 | 171 | 172 | 173 | 174 | 175 | 176 | 177 | 178 | 179 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

There's likely to be a run in a few weeks, as people wrap up Game Day scenarios.

Sovereign Court

Am Interested and will look out for one then.

Liberty's Edge

Perfect. I'll check back in a few weeks. I also have another character so if I find something else I still can join in.

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Which scenarios has your cleric played?

Liberty's Edge

Only scenario 41 The Devil We Know III and 09-16 Fallen Family Broken Name an. She was my first PFS but I only started playing again during the pandemic. The sorcerer has played City of Strangers 1 and Reaping what we saw. My "main character" has The consortium compact, The confirmation and Trouble in Tamran... but I think the first two are evergreen right? Either of my other characters could replay it. Is that correct?

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Yes, Consortium Compact and Confirmation are evergreens, so both the cleric and the sorcerer could play them.

Liberty's Edge

The confirmation gave me more than a bit anxiety at the end with the last encounter. I don't know if that's the same every time, but I'd rather not go through it again if possible.


Hi! Looks around. Nice lodge you have, here.

I've a level 1 ranger I just rebuilt (she's my 1st PF2e character; still learning) who is itching to get out in the field. If anyone happens to see this post and is planning a low level scenario, please consider a spot for her.

Previous scenarios played are Season 2 01 and 03.


Colorfoot wrote:

Hi! Looks around. Nice lodge you have, here.

I've a level 1 ranger I just rebuilt (she's my 1st PF2e character; still learning) who is itching to get out in the field. If anyone happens to see this post and is planning a low level scenario, please consider a spot for her.

Previous scenarios played are Season 2 01 and 03.

Hello and welcome, Colorfoot.

This is actually the PFS1 lodge. For PFS2 you want to check out Cottonseed


soulnova wrote:
The confirmation gave me more than a bit anxiety at the end with the last encounter. I don't know if that's the same every time, but I'd rather not go through it again if possible.

There are aspects that change, and others that remain the same. If I'm guessing correctly, the encounter that made you anxious is one that doesn't change.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
GM Numbat wrote:
Colorfoot wrote:

Hi! Looks around. Nice lodge you have, here.

I've a level 1 ranger I just rebuilt (she's my 1st PF2e character; still learning) who is itching to get out in the field. If anyone happens to see this post and is planning a low level scenario, please consider a spot for her.

Previous scenarios played are Season 2 01 and 03.

Hello and welcome, Colorfoot.

This is actually the PFS1 lodge. For PFS2 you want to check out Cottonseed

D'oh! Thanks for that; I shall go post over yonder. Thanks!

Liberty's Edge

GM Cwethan wrote:


There are aspects that change, and others that remain the same. If I'm guessing correctly, the encounter that made you anxious is one that doesn't change.

I see! I would try to avoid that scenario altogether then.

Scarab Sages

soulnova wrote:
GM Cwethan wrote:


There are aspects that change, and others that remain the same. If I'm guessing correctly, the encounter that made you anxious is one that doesn't change.
I see! I would try to avoid that scenario altogether then.

Part of being an adventurer is facing your fears because you fear it; if there's no real danger, there's not much point.

That encounter goes surprisingly smoothly most of the time; if it got ugly for you the first time, I'd actually recommend you try it again specifically so you can see it go better. Try to avoid using any character you made with a limited Boon (I almost lost a Dhampir character to that encounter myself), and play a character who can engage in that fight from a safe distance.

That said, I can see it being more taxing if you're doing it via PbP with its long waits, so perhaps you should do so in an in-person game if you possibly can (or maybe via ZOOM or whatever, so not in-person, but still real-time).

As a matter of fact, if you're finding a game makes you unbearably antsy, perhaps that's the real problem: Not the game or anything in it, but having it on your mind for a week or longer? I can sympathize with that as well.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

That particular encounter is one that many many people roll their eyes about, thinking there is no way it should be included in any adventure for a level 1 character in society.

Not everyone thinks the enjoyment of Pathfinder is all about 'challenge.' Some people just want to experience a good story with their characters, and an encounter that has the possibility of insta-killing a level 1 character does not contribute to that.

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
GM Redelia wrote:

That particular encounter is one that many many people roll their eyes about, thinking there is no way it should be included in any adventure for a level 1 character in society.

Not everyone thinks the enjoyment of Pathfinder is all about 'challenge.' Some people just want to experience a good story with their characters, and an encounter that has the possibility of insta-killing a level 1 character does not contribute to that.

I suspect that the designer was inspired by the presence of Ledford in First Steps. Granted, he's not *likely* to instakill, but all it takes is a crit.

Scarab Sages

GM Redelia wrote:
That particular encounter is one that many many people roll their eyes about, thinking there is no way it should be included in any adventure for a level 1 character in society.

I've been through it enough times by now to be pretty certain it's a very meetable challenge.

GM Redelia wrote:
Not everyone thinks the enjoyment of Pathfinder is all about 'challenge.'

Did I say "all about"? I said "part of" - and it is as essential as a good story; part of what makes a good story, in fact.

This is specifically not a game grounded in the logic of ultra-particularization that people have become acclimatized to over the past 15 years; to speak as if those two things are separate and at odds rather than parts of a greater whole is to lose sight of the point.

Silver Crusade

3 people marked this as a favorite.

I think if someone expresses discomfort with a scenario for any reason, we should respond with compassion and not try to push them to do something they're not comfortable with. Please just accept their discomfort and move on.

You are not their therapist; leave the pushing of boundaries to the professionals.

Edit: sorry to continue this in a Recruitment thread; this conversation should move to Discussion if it continues.

Scarab Sages

Zin Z'arin wrote:
Edit: sorry to continue this in a Recruitment thread; this conversation should move to Discussion if it continues.

Doing so.

Sovereign Court

GM Redelia wrote:
That particular encounter is one that many many people roll their eyes about, thinking there is no way it should be included in any adventure for a level 1 character in society.

Am I the only one who ran it with reduced stats? y'know, as the module intended? :D :D :D


John Woodford wrote:

I suspect that the designer was inspired by the presence of Ledford in First Steps. Granted, he's not *likely* to instakill, but all it takes is a crit.

First Steps was an awesome trilogy, the Confirmation (and the Starfinder equivalent) make me roll my eyes hard and got so overplayed by people 'speed running' them they are a bad joke.

There are some great scenarios that make good replacements for intros to both games.

Silver Crusade

Shifty wrote:
First Steps was an awesome trilogy....

Does anyone know why only one of the First Steps series is legal anymore?

Grand Lodge

Mainly because of the faction and NPC changes. The maps being out of print likely also played a part.

Scarab Sages

I really, really wish we could at least get the retired traits, and maybe even Faction Rewards back; my ex-Lantern Lodge Wayang Illusionist is long overdue too claim his "Master" title, and my Jiangshi-Blooded Kensei would've killed for the Meridian Strike trait (of course, it'll kill for any number of reasons!).


3 people marked this as a favorite.

I really liked the Lantern Lodge, I found the general watering down and changes to the factions took a little something magical out of Society games, and I really enjoyed all the little side missions and teh GM slipping a faction note across at the start of the mission. The faction cards were pretty cool though, unlocking some funky bonuses for ticking off goals.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

This is another topic best moved to the Discussion thread, or one of the Organized Play forums.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Any games starting any time soon? Bahram's been sitting in the desert for so long, he is nearly buried beneath a dune.

4th lvl

Scarab Sages

I am picturing this....

Grand Lodge

Bahram al-Urgug "Jack" wrote:

Any games starting any time soon? Bahram's been sitting in the desert for so long, he is nearly buried beneath a dune.

4th lvl

Any certain scenarios you're interested in playing?

Grand Lodge

roll4initiative wrote:
Bahram al-Urgug "Jack" wrote:

Any games starting any time soon? Bahram's been sitting in the desert for so long, he is nearly buried beneath a dune.

4th lvl

Any certain scenarios you're interested in playing?

I'm just ready to kick the sand off. As long as it's not a repeat, I'm ready to go.

Sovereign Court

3 people marked this as a favorite.

In the interest of keeping this a recruitment thread and not just another discussion thread, I will run a 1st edition scenario. If you're interested, just post the level and class of the character you want to play and I'll select players later this week!

Down the Verdant Path #9-14 (tier 1-5)


Starfinder Charter Superscriber

Excellent! More PFS is always good. I haven't played that one yet. I just need to go through my folder and select a character to propose.

Sovereign Court

Played that before. Sigh I'll wait for another offering.

Dark Archive

GM Badblood wrote:

In the interest of keeping this a recruitment thread and not just another discussion thread, I will run a 1st edition scenario. If you're interested, just post the level and class of the character you want to play and I'll select players later this week!

Down the Verdant Path #9-14 (tier 1-5)

I have a second level psychic and a 5th level Shamen and so can support a low or high level table. Would love to play. :)

Sovereign Court

Skorn wrote:


I have a second level psychic and a 5th level Shamen...

yum..... shamen.... I'm hungry now...

Liberty's Edge

Anyone willing to run Emerald Spire Level 15: Order and Chaos (10–12)? I can run something in return.


I might be able to after Gameday, or at least after the specials are over.

Don't wait for me, though, if someone else is willing to...


I am looking for expressions of interest in a PFS1 Core Seeker tier campaign.

Recruitment thread is here: Recruitment Thread


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Now recruiting for a standard run of Pathfinder Society Scenario: #0-7 Among the Living.

This scenario is designed for 1st to 7th level characters.

Seats at the table will be assigned on a first-post, first-seated basis.

I plan to start on November 4, 2022 or whenever I have four players, whichever is later.

If interested, please review the the Recruitment thread and sign-up instructions provided at this link.

Silver Crusade

I tossed in a level 7 on that but I can change the PC if it looks like the tier is going lower.

Grand Lodge

phaeton_nz wrote:

I tossed in a level 7 on that but I can change the PC if it looks like the tier is going lower.

I don't see your sign up for Among the Living. I'm signing up, and leaning toward bringing Lady Vanessa, but have other options.

Silver Crusade

Is that the same Vanessa that Spica met earlier? If that's the case I'm bringing Spica.

Grand Lodge

Tis indeed!

Lady Vanessa looks forward to seeing Spica again ;)

Grand Archive

2 people marked this as a favorite.

I've decided to start GMing PF1 again, after a few years doing other things. I am running 3-01 The Frostfur Captives because I recall it being a fun adventure and it is for levels 1-5.

I plan to start 7 November, or sooner if I notice enough signups.

RPGChronicles Signup


GM Computerpro82 wrote:

I've decided to start GMing PF1 again, after a few years doing other things. I am running 3-01 The Frostfur Captives because I recall it being a fun adventure and it is for levels 1-5.

I plan to start 7 November, or sooner if I notice enough signups.

RPGChronicles Signup

Got a recruitment thread? I've never seen that other site you linked before so maybe I'm missing something, but it doesn't seem to have any info.

Liberty's Edge

I'm interested!

Lantern Lodge

rpgchronicles is a great web site for doing signups at. It really helps the GM by autofilling in much of the chronicle information for them.

You don't typically even need to sign in to use it, but it works better if you make a (free) account.

Grand Archive

If you want additional discussion besides the raw signup sheet that is RPGChronicles, I have a recruitment link below.

Recruiting

Scarab Sages

This level 3 ranged fighter finished her Gameday XI assignment early and is ready for more CORE missions.
However, she is also patient and can wait until Gameday is finished for everyone... ;-)

Liberty's Edge

Merida Bowie wrote:

This level 3 ranged fighter finished her Gameday XI assignment early and is ready for more CORE missions.

However, she is also patient and can wait until Gameday is finished for everyone... ;-)

Early low level CORE I still need:

0-07 Among the Living
0-24 Decline of Glory or
1-29 The Devil We Know, Part I: Shipyard Rats

I can run something in return.


Hello,
I’m recruiting for TWO spots in the game #6–10 'The Wounded Wisp' (Tier 1-2) in STANDARD.

Please apply here.

Players that have not played or GMed the scenario will be preferred.

Thanks.

8,851 to 8,900 of 8,948 << first < prev | 169 | 170 | 171 | 172 | 173 | 174 | 175 | 176 | 177 | 178 | 179 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Recruitment / [PFS] The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge: Explore, Report, Cooperate! (ongoing PFS recruitment) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.