The City of Splendors

Game Master littlehewy

Current battlemap
Map of Ardeep Forest
Map of Waterdeep
Map of the Adventurers' Quarter
Reynwyn's Loot Tracker


301 to 350 of 1,778 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Cleric 1 | HP: 8/8 | AC13 (15 with Shield) | STR 0; DEX +2; CON 0; INT 0; WIS +3/+5; Cha +2/+4 | Spells 0/2x1st

Yep, moving on


You head down the passage in single file. After 20 feet or so, the corridor turns sharply to the north, running on for 15 more feet before terminating in a heavy wooden door.

Perception 15:
You can hear the sound of voices, maybe goblins, from the other side of the door.


Male CG Human (Reghed) Barbarian 4 (Zealot) | HP: 47/47, Temp: 0/0 | AC: 14 (currently: 14) | Per +2, Stl +3, Srv +2 | Saves: Str +6*, Dex +1, Con +5*, Int -1, Wis +0, Cha -1 | Init: +1 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: No| Hit Dice: 4/4, 1d12+3 | Rage: 3/3 | Active conditions: Rage 0/10

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Revjak waves for a halt.

"Be ready. Voices behind the door. Maybe goblins."


Male Wood Elf Ranger Monster Slayer (Soldier)/4; AC: 16; HP: 36/36; Passive Perception 14; Init +4 (Adv); Saves: Str +2, Dex +6; HD Used 1/3

Open it up and let's have at it.


Cleric 1 | HP: 8/8 | AC13 (15 with Shield) | STR 0; DEX +2; CON 0; INT 0; WIS +3/+5; Cha +2/+4 | Spells 0/2x1st

Signey checks her crossbow and nods to Revjak.


Male CG Human (Reghed) Barbarian 4 (Zealot) | HP: 47/47, Temp: 0/0 | AC: 14 (currently: 14) | Per +2, Stl +3, Srv +2 | Saves: Str +6*, Dex +1, Con +5*, Int -1, Wis +0, Cha -1 | Init: +1 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: No| Hit Dice: 4/4, 1d12+3 | Rage: 3/3 | Active conditions: Rage 0/10

Revjak opens the door to rush whomever or whatever is inside.


Revjak turns the knob and applies forward pressure... but the door is locked.

GM's screen:
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18

One voice shouts out in the room beyond; all the voices immediately fall silent.

Perception DC 20:
You can hear fervent hissing and whispering sounds through the door.


Male CG Human (Reghed) Barbarian 4 (Zealot) | HP: 47/47, Temp: 0/0 | AC: 14 (currently: 14) | Per +2, Stl +3, Srv +2 | Saves: Str +6*, Dex +1, Con +5*, Int -1, Wis +0, Cha -1 | Init: +1 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: No| Hit Dice: 4/4, 1d12+3 | Rage: 3/3 | Active conditions: Rage 0/10

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Revjak feels the fury grow.

To be stymied by a mere door? NO!

The fury comes, and he shoulder charges the door.

Bonus action to activate rage, and then try to break the door with brute strength. Rage gives advantage to strength checks, which is about to come in very handy.

Strength: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Strength: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19


Male Half-elf 4th Level Warlock | HP 26/26 (THP 7/7) | AC 15 | Str -1, Dex +2, Con +1, Int +2, Wis +3, Cha +6 | Init +2 | PPerc 13/16 | HD 4d8 | Spells: 2/2 | Conditions: Mage Armor

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Reynwyn stands ready as Revjak begins bashing the door with his heavy boots. 'We will be victorious, worry not.' He tells himself...


Revjak charges at the door, grunting as he makes contact with it, and the door smashes into kindling under the power of his blow. It becomes obvious that the door wasn't locked, but spiked shut, as a number of metal spikes fall to the ground as the door explodes.

Smashed old chairs and tables are pushed up against the walls of the large room beyond the ruined door, and in the middle is an assortment of improvised bedding – straw, leaves and scraps of old canvas. There is an open barrel of beer in the corner, a table near that, and a fire burning in a metal brazier to the west. There are also eight goblins here, and they shriek as splinters of the door burst into the room. Many of them have weapons in hand - those that don't scurry to draw them.

GM's screen:
Carric: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Carric: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Piety: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Revjak: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Reynwyn: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Signey: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Gobs: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

INITIATIVE ORDER
Reynwyn
Carric
Gobbos
Piety
Signey
Revjak

Reynwyn and Carric, you're up! Make it count! And don't forget to check Roll20; feel free to move yourself when it's your turn, but don't stress, I can do it if you're unable.


Male Wood Elf Ranger Monster Slayer (Soldier)/4; AC: 16; HP: 36/36; Passive Perception 14; Init +4 (Adv); Saves: Str +2, Dex +6; HD Used 1/3

Round 1, Natural Explorer

Carric moves just inside the room and to the right where he fired at the closest goblin from the wall where he stands.

LB Att: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
LB Att Adv: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
LB Crit Dam: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (8, 3) + 3 = 14


Male Half-elf 4th Level Warlock | HP 26/26 (THP 7/7) | AC 15 | Str -1, Dex +2, Con +1, Int +2, Wis +3, Cha +6 | Init +2 | PPerc 13/16 | HD 4d8 | Spells: 2/2 | Conditions: Mage Armor

Ranged Spell Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Lightning Damage: 1d12 ⇒ 9

Seeing that large number of enemies in the room ahead, Reynwyn beseeches his patron for aid. "Milady, this foul minions dare to stand in the path of your chosen one. Strike them down for their blasphemy!" He moves for a bit as the air around him begins to crackle and spark with electricity. He points his ring towards the goblin on the far side of the table (marked with the purple square) and suddenly a crackling beam of dark purple eldritch energy streaks into the room. The beam connects with the goblin and using the tethered energy, Reynwyn sends an arc of lightning towards the goblin, but Piety and Revjak's forms in the path cause the bolt to go wide and blast into the far wall!

Cast Witch Bolt with a duration of 1 minute.


Reynwyn looses the power of the Raven Queen, but misses his target. Carric ducks into the room beside Revjak, firing an arrow into the chest of goblin, who shrieks and falls.

The goblin targeted by Reynwyn recoils in fear at the warlock's magic, and hotfoots it out the door to the north. The goblin by the beer barrel rushes Carric, swinging its blade at the elf's head.
Goblin: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Carric easily sidesteps the blow.

The remaining goblins move chaotically, all of them attempting to reach Revjak, but this means that two of them can't get within range with their scimitars. Three of them can, however. A wall of whirling blades comes at the northern barbarian.
Goblin: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Goblin: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Goblin: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Dmg: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Dmg: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
The blades lick at Revjak, and a number of small cuts appear on his exposed flesh (5 hp of damage).

Piety, Signey, and Revjak, then back to the top for Reynwyn and Carric.


Male CG Human (Reghed) Barbarian 4 (Zealot) | HP: 47/47, Temp: 0/0 | AC: 14 (currently: 14) | Per +2, Stl +3, Srv +2 | Saves: Str +6*, Dex +1, Con +5*, Int -1, Wis +0, Cha -1 | Init: +1 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: No| Hit Dice: 4/4, 1d12+3 | Rage: 3/3 | Active conditions: Rage 0/10

Revjak roars at the goblins, spinning as he strikes wildly at the foes nearest Carric, aiming to clear a path for his ally.

Glaive at goblin just north of Carric: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Glaive End at goblin just north of Revjak: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Glaive Damage: 1d10 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 2 = 10

Glaive End Damage: 1d4 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 2 = 9


Cleric 1 | HP: 8/8 | AC13 (15 with Shield) | STR 0; DEX +2; CON 0; INT 0; WIS +3/+5; Cha +2/+4 | Spells 0/2x1st

If she can shoot a goblin without cover will fire her crossbow
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 dmg: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
If she can't, then will instead use Sacred Flames (same damage roll, but without the +2, and with a DC13 Dex save to avoid dmg)
Crit: 1d8 ⇒ 1


Max HP: 40 | AC: 19 | Saves: Str: +5; Dex: -1; Con: +5; Int: +2; Wis: +1; Cha: -1 | Init -1 | Current Damage: -0 | Inspiration: [X]

Piety moves to engage an enemy, attempting to bring his massive fist down on a Goblin head.

Attack Roll: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 That's 8 damage on a crit!


Male Wood Elf Ranger Monster Slayer (Soldier)/4; AC: 16; HP: 36/36; Passive Perception 14; Init +4 (Adv); Saves: Str +2, Dex +6; HD Used 1/3

Round 2, Natural Explorer

Carric, back against the wall, fires at the nearest goblin attacking Revjak.

LB Att: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
LB Dam: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Piety raises one huge fist and brings it down on the goblin just around the corner from him, completely flattening it. It drops, its head looking like a crushed watermelon. Piety, you can move through Revjak's square and then into the space where the goblin you just killed was, incurring one AoO from the goblin in front of Carric, or you can move through Revjak and Carric to get beside Carric, which will get you three AoOs, or you can remain stationary, with no more immediate targets in range. I'm going to move you to the first option, and I'll roll an AoO once you confirm that's what you want to do.

Signey steps up behind Revjak and fires a crossbow bolt into the forehead of the goblin in front of the barbarian, dropping it immediately. Revjak swings an end of his weapon at the two remaining goblins in his range, but they manage to dance and duck under his blows.
Good round folks.

ROUND TWO
Reynwyn
Carric
Gobbos
Piety
Signey
Revjak

Reynwyn's up, Carric's posted his round two action, then gobbos.


Max HP: 40 | AC: 19 | Saves: Str: +5; Dex: -1; Con: +5; Int: +2; Wis: +1; Cha: -1 | Init -1 | Current Damage: -0 | Inspiration: [X]

I'll go help Carrac. Take your AoOs.


Oh, before we do that, Revjak, should you have had some AoO when goblins entered your threat range? Might take down the number of attacks Piety is about to wear!


Male CG Human (Reghed) Barbarian 4 (Zealot) | HP: 47/47, Temp: 0/0 | AC: 14 (currently: 14) | Per +2, Stl +3, Srv +2 | Saves: Str +6*, Dex +1, Con +5*, Int -1, Wis +0, Cha -1 | Init: +1 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: No| Hit Dice: 4/4, 1d12+3 | Rage: 3/3 | Active conditions: Rage 0/10

Reading up, I see on PH p190 that once you take a reaction, you can't take another one until the start of your next turn. So from the looks of it, Revjak will get a maximum of one AOO per turn. Still, it's an AOO!

AOO: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Slashing: 1d10 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 2 = 14

Edit: Since the goblins attacked Revjak before his turn, his reaction would have refreshed. So if any goblins are moving since, there's a new AOO.

AOO: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Slashing: 1d10 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 2 = 15


Male Wood Elf Ranger Monster Slayer (Soldier)/4; AC: 16; HP: 36/36; Passive Perception 14; Init +4 (Adv); Saves: Str +2, Dex +6; HD Used 1/3

Arleady posted my round 2


Male Half-elf 4th Level Warlock | HP 26/26 (THP 7/7) | AC 15 | Str -1, Dex +2, Con +1, Int +2, Wis +3, Cha +6 | Init +2 | PPerc 13/16 | HD 4d8 | Spells: 2/2 | Conditions: Mage Armor

Reynwyn sighs in annoyance as the goblin flees out of the room, terminating the spell early as the purple tether pops loudly before dissipating! He quickly directs his attention to the other goblin next to the table as he points his ring and lets a bolt of his black energy fly into the room!

Ranged Spell Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Force Energy: 1d10 ⇒ 2

Cast Eldritch Blast.


With Revjak's AoO sorted, this is the Round 1 AoA against Piety.

AoO: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Dmg: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (2, 2) + 2 = 6

Could have been worse!

Reywyn's bolt blasts a goblin in the shoulder, while Carric's arrow flies wide of his target. The goblin to the west of the door rushes Revjak, but runs face first into the young barbarian's glaive, and falls to the ground, bleeding heavily. The one by the table takes advantage of the distraction to Revjak and closes the distance beside his fellow. The two press Revjak with their scimitars.

Goblin: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Goblin: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Slashing: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Slashing: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Damn! Both of the goblins manage to slash Revjak with their blades, but the barbarian ignores wounds that would have dropped lesser men and continues to battle. Take 6 damage, Revjak.

The final goblin in the room swings his blade at Carric...
Goblin: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
...but the nimble elf manages to roll to the side, avoiding the blow.

[ooc]Piety, Signey, Revjak to go in this round.[/oc]


Male CG Human (Reghed) Barbarian 4 (Zealot) | HP: 47/47, Temp: 0/0 | AC: 14 (currently: 14) | Per +2, Stl +3, Srv +2 | Saves: Str +6*, Dex +1, Con +5*, Int -1, Wis +0, Cha -1 | Init: +1 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: No| Hit Dice: 4/4, 1d12+3 | Rage: 3/3 | Active conditions: Rage 0/10

Revjak barely feels the slashing blades, roars, and swings his glaive back and forth, aiming to cut flesh and break bone. He starts from his right and is working his way to his left.

Glaive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Slashing: 1d10 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 2 = 15

Glaive End: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Bludgeoning: 1d4 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 2 = 8


Max HP: 40 | AC: 19 | Saves: Str: +5; Dex: -1; Con: +5; Int: +2; Wis: +1; Cha: -1 | Init -1 | Current Damage: -0 | Inspiration: [X]

Piety will smash into the Goblin standing next to him.

Attack Roll: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 that's 4 damage on a hit.

The magic that sustains Piety will repair his body. Using Second Wind as a bonus action.

1d10 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Okay, going to bot Signey here, just to keep it moving.

Piety smashes into the goblin before him, and the crunch of breaking bones is audible, but it still stands. Signey reloads her crossbow and fires it at the goblin to Revjak's left...

Crossbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Dmg: 2d8 + 2 ⇒ (2, 2) + 2 = 6

...dropping it to the ground, then moving into the room beside Revjak. The barbarian then swings at the goblin in front of Carric, who ducks his blow, then drives the butt end of his glaive into the face of the goblin in front of him, smashing it backwards into the table. You can move now too I think Revjak?

ROUND TWO
Reynwyn
Carric
Gobbos
Piety
Signey
Revjak

Reynwyn and Carric up next. One left in the room, and he's down 4 hp - I'm using the red tracker on Roll20 to count their damage, rather than their total health, so the one left reads "-4".


Male CG Human (Reghed) Barbarian 4 (Zealot) | HP: 47/47, Temp: 0/0 | AC: 14 (currently: 14) | Per +2, Stl +3, Srv +2 | Saves: Str +6*, Dex +1, Con +5*, Int -1, Wis +0, Cha -1 | Init: +1 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: No| Hit Dice: 4/4, 1d12+3 | Rage: 3/3 | Active conditions: Rage 0/10

Revjak grins and lashes out again at the remaining goblin.

Glaive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Damage: 1d10 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 2 = 16

Glaive End: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Damage: 1d4 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 2 = 7


Male Wood Elf Ranger Monster Slayer (Soldier)/4; AC: 16; HP: 36/36; Passive Perception 14; Init +4 (Adv); Saves: Str +2, Dex +6; HD Used 1/3

Round 3, Natural Explorer

Carric fires at the remaining goblin.

LB Att: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
LB Dam: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Male Half-elf 4th Level Warlock | HP 26/26 (THP 7/7) | AC 15 | Str -1, Dex +2, Con +1, Int +2, Wis +3, Cha +6 | Init +2 | PPerc 13/16 | HD 4d8 | Spells: 2/2 | Conditions: Mage Armor

Reynwyn moves up and takes aim to hopefully blast down the last goblin. "We mustn't tarry here once he is dead. My first target fled down that tunnel ahead!"

Ranged Spell Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Force Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 10


Sorry folks, last round update should have been titled 'Round 3'!

Carric fires wide of the goblin, but Reynwyn's bolt of energy catches it full in the face. It falls backwards with a scream, its face a charred mess.

There are no more enemies present in the room...

Perception DC 20:
From the hallway to the north you can detect the sound of booted feet, and of feral snarling.

GM's screen:
H: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
W: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
B: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

For reasons that will be shortly apparent (or probably already are), we're going to stay running initiative order. That means Piety, Signey, and Revjak to act before the round ends.


Male CG Human (Reghed) Barbarian 4 (Zealot) | HP: 47/47, Temp: 0/0 | AC: 14 (currently: 14) | Per +2, Stl +3, Srv +2 | Saves: Str +6*, Dex +1, Con +5*, Int -1, Wis +0, Cha -1 | Init: +1 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: No| Hit Dice: 4/4, 1d12+3 | Rage: 3/3 | Active conditions: Rage 0/10

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Revjak shouts:

"After it!"

And moves through the north door. If the goblin is visible, he will either attack with his glaive, or draw a javelin and throw. If not, then he will stop and let his rage fade.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Glaive Damage: 1d10 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 2 = 15

Javelin Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Male Wood Elf Ranger Monster Slayer (Soldier)/4; AC: 16; HP: 36/36; Passive Perception 14; Init +4 (Adv); Saves: Str +2, Dex +6; HD Used 1/3

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Male Half-elf 4th Level Warlock | HP 26/26 (THP 7/7) | AC 15 | Str -1, Dex +2, Con +1, Int +2, Wis +3, Cha +6 | Init +2 | PPerc 13/16 | HD 4d8 | Spells: 2/2 | Conditions: Mage Armor

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19 So close!!


Max HP: 40 | AC: 19 | Saves: Str: +5; Dex: -1; Con: +5; Int: +2; Wis: +1; Cha: -1 | Init -1 | Current Damage: -0 | Inspiration: [X]

I can't even make a 20!

Piety goes tearing off after the Goblin, intent on striking it down before it can reach it's allies.

I'll roll an attack here, in case I can reach it. if not, I'll just double move.

Attack Roll: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 4 damage if I hit.


Piety barrels down the passageway after the fleeing goblin, but finds himself face to face with a large, well-armoured humanoid 20 feet down the hall. As the hobgoblin raises his longsword, Piety smashes him in the face with his rock hard fist. The creatures roars, his nose bloodied, but still stands, about to attack.

Botting Signey again... Could be a chance to heal Revjak, but I think offence is good for now.

Signey follows Piety down the hall, but hangs back 10 feet behind him. She calls on Sharess, and the familiar divine flames flash around the hobgoblin.

Dex save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1

Revjak rushes up behind Piety, and uses his glaive to attack the hobgoblin from 10 feet away, but it gets its blade up in time to parry the attack.

Behind the hobgoblin, Piety, Signey, and Revjak can see a worg beginning to round the far corner to the north (see map)...

ROUND FOUR
Reynwyn
Carric
Hobgoblin
Gobbo
Worg
Piety
Signey
Revjak

Reynwyn and Carric, you're up!


Male CG Human (Reghed) Barbarian 4 (Zealot) | HP: 47/47, Temp: 0/0 | AC: 14 (currently: 14) | Per +2, Stl +3, Srv +2 | Saves: Str +6*, Dex +1, Con +5*, Int -1, Wis +0, Cha -1 | Init: +1 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: No| Hit Dice: 4/4, 1d12+3 | Rage: 3/3 | Active conditions: Rage 0/10

Revjak does not hesistate. With glaive or javelin, he will keep fighting.

If Revjak can reach an enemy with a move action and his glaive, he'll hack. If he can't reach one, he'll draw and throw a javelin. If he can't see any enemies, he'll run into another room seeking more.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Glaive Damage: 1d10 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 2 = 15

Javelin Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Male Wood Elf Ranger Monster Slayer (Soldier)/4; AC: 16; HP: 36/36; Passive Perception 14; Init +4 (Adv); Saves: Str +2, Dex +6; HD Used 1/3

Round 4, Natural Explorer

Carric moves up and fires at the Hobgoblin.

LB Att: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
LB Dam: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Carric, I'm going to give you another chance at your action. The hobgoblin is wearing chain, has a shield, and you're firing past two (edit: three) of your allies. If we were at the table I would have interjected before you rolled and reminded you of the "hit the cover" rule (if you would have hit but missed because of cover, you hit what gives cover). You can try again, or rethink, your call.


Male Wood Elf Ranger Monster Slayer (Soldier)/4; AC: 16; HP: 36/36; Passive Perception 14; Init +4 (Adv); Saves: Str +2, Dex +6; HD Used 1/3

I cannot see the map at work, but from the description, I am assuming a 5 or 10 foot wide hallway, and that I cannot engage with a melee weapon, either. I will instead ready an action to fire at the hobgoblin when I have a shot from 30 feet back down the hallway.


Yep you're essentially correct. Here's a crappy screenshot. That's you back at the table. Ready action it is.


Male Wood Elf Ranger Monster Slayer (Soldier)/4; AC: 16; HP: 36/36; Passive Perception 14; Init +4 (Adv); Saves: Str +2, Dex +6; HD Used 1/3

I prefer the crappy screenshot...thanks, that is exactly how I pictured it.


Male Half-elf 4th Level Warlock | HP 26/26 (THP 7/7) | AC 15 | Str -1, Dex +2, Con +1, Int +2, Wis +3, Cha +6 | Init +2 | PPerc 13/16 | HD 4d8 | Spells: 2/2 | Conditions: Mage Armor

Terribly sorry all, I was having some difficulties in connecting to the Paizo website and busy with work. I was getting frustrated with the lack of access of gave up yesterday.

Reynwyn will move forward into the room near Carric and holds his position, looking to cover the rear in the event the goblins decide to attempt to flank.

Readied Action to cast Eldritch Blast at the first target not blocked by allies!

Ranged Spell Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Force Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 10


Reynwyn and Carric move into position, but the action in the hallway is far too chaotic to fire either arrow or mystical bolt into the fray. The worg behind the hobgoblin rushes forwards, but instead of simply lining up behind the humanoid, the huge wolf leaps left down the corridor heading east. As another worg, this one with a rider, enters the corridor, the hobgoblin carefully manoeuvres back and around the corner that the first worg disappeared down. (Full withdraw for the hobgoblin)

The second worg and its rider, a small figure cloaked in black, and wearing a frightening-looking black metal mask, pull up just before the junction, and the rider holds up one gauntleted hand. The eyes of the mask glow a deep purple, and suddenly the hallway becomes intensely, perfectly dark. The darkness covers the square north of Carric, to the square north of Piety.

Piety, Signey, Revjak, then Reynwyn and Carric. Revjak you will keep that attack roll if you end up making an attack still, otherwise it'll be lost.


Male Half-elf 4th Level Warlock | HP 26/26 (THP 7/7) | AC 15 | Str -1, Dex +2, Con +1, Int +2, Wis +3, Cha +6 | Init +2 | PPerc 13/16 | HD 4d8 | Spells: 2/2 | Conditions: Mage Armor

Seeing the hallway suddenly go dark, Reynwyn glances at the open hallway to his right with trepidation. He set his analytical mind to figuring out a possible layout to these tunnels and determined the likelihood that the northern tunnel connected to either of the western or eastern tunnel very high. He quickly begins to push the nearby table into the opening of the east tunnel to create a barrier! "Carric, assist me if you would!"


Male CG Human (Reghed) Barbarian 4 (Zealot) | HP: 47/47, Temp: 0/0 | AC: 14 (currently: 14) | Per +2, Stl +3, Srv +2 | Saves: Str +6*, Dex +1, Con +5*, Int -1, Wis +0, Cha -1 | Init: +1 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: No| Hit Dice: 4/4, 1d12+3 | Rage: 3/3 | Active conditions: Rage 0/10

The fury still burning within him, Revjak attempts to push forward and find an enemy in the darkness.

Move forward past Piety, and strike at the first being he encounters that he is sure is not one of his allies. I'll roll a disadvantage in case that's applicable.

Disadvantage on attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22


Male Wood Elf Ranger Monster Slayer (Soldier)/4; AC: 16; HP: 36/36; Passive Perception 14; Init +4 (Adv); Saves: Str +2, Dex +6; HD Used 1/3

Round 2

Carric assists Reynwyn create a barrier.


Max HP: 40 | AC: 19 | Saves: Str: +5; Dex: -1; Con: +5; Int: +2; Wis: +1; Cha: -1 | Init -1 | Current Damage: -0 | Inspiration: [X]

Piety will ready to smash the first enemy within range.

Attack Roll w/Disadvantage: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 121d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


As Piety bides his time, waiting for the hint of an opponent to attack, Revjak pushes past the golem-man, glaive ready to swing.

Revjak:
The barbarian finds that just past his companion the darkness gives way - he knows this, not because the corridor is lit beyond there by any torch or flame, but because he can see a pair of purple eyes glowing in the darkness. By that purple light, he can barely see the slavering maw of the worg below the glowing eyes, and the blade of the hobgoblin to his right.
Ok, pretty important decision here Revjak. Who do you want to attack? You have three possible targets: masked rider, worg, or hobgoblin.

Signey retreats back into the room and out of the globe of darkness, and sees Reynwyn and Carric manoeuvring the table in front of the doorway to the east, which the two of them manage easily.

Just waiting on a targeting decision from Revjak before taking creatures' turns...


Male CG Human (Reghed) Barbarian 4 (Zealot) | HP: 47/47, Temp: 0/0 | AC: 14 (currently: 14) | Per +2, Stl +3, Srv +2 | Saves: Str +6*, Dex +1, Con +5*, Int -1, Wis +0, Cha -1 | Init: +1 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: No| Hit Dice: 4/4, 1d12+3 | Rage: 3/3 | Active conditions: Rage 0/10

In the Darkness:

Revjak will lash out at the masked rider with his glaive, his fury still boiling over. And also with the end. He roars: "Die, witch rider!"

Glaive End: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Damage: 1d4 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 2 = 10

Reaction Attack if applicable: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Damage: 1d10 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 2 = 12

301 to 350 of 1,778 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / City of Splendors Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.