The City of Splendors

Game Master littlehewy

Current battlemap
Map of Ardeep Forest
Map of Waterdeep
Map of the Adventurers' Quarter
Reynwyn's Loot Tracker


251 to 300 of 1,778 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Just waiting to see if anyone else wants to move positions before combat starts...


Male Half-elf 4th Level Warlock | HP 26/26 (THP 7/7) | AC 15 | Str -1, Dex +2, Con +1, Int +2, Wis +3, Cha +6 | Init +2 | PPerc 13/16 | HD 4d8 | Spells: 2/2 | Conditions: Mage Armor

Reynwyn shifts out of the front line and prepares to cast an Eldritch Blast upon the first goblin that comes around the corner!

Ranged Spell Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Force Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 3


Max HP: 40 | AC: 19 | Saves: Str: +5; Dex: -1; Con: +5; Int: +2; Wis: +1; Cha: -1 | Init -1 | Current Damage: -0 | Inspiration: [X]

Piety will move to flank the hallway. I can't move my mini, but he'll take the opposite side.


Cleric 1 | HP: 8/8 | AC13 (15 with Shield) | STR 0; DEX +2; CON 0; INT 0; WIS +3/+5; Cha +2/+4 | Spells 0/2x1st

Signey is fine where she is, she takes a shot with her crossbow once the enemy is in sight (unless the enemy has cover in which case she'll sacred flame instead - just use the damage roll without the 2 and they get a DC 13 save for none)
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 dmg: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


GM's screen:
Carric init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Carric init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Piety init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Revjak init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Reynwyn init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Signey init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Gob init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

INITIATIVE ORDER
Carric
Revjak
Signey
Goblins (surprised)
Piety
Reynwyn

As the goblins appear at the corner, first Carric's arrow takes one in the throat, then Revjak decapitates one with a roar, and finally the last sprouts one of Signey's crossbow bolts from its chest and falls with a gurgle. Reywyn's blast of shadow strikes the first as it falls, and Piety raises his huge fists to smash one from his flanking position, but lowers them as he realises all the opponents are dead.

Well, easy peasy with surprise, huh?


Male CG Human (Reghed) Barbarian 4 (Zealot) | HP: 47/47, Temp: 0/0 | AC: 14 (currently: 14) | Per +2, Stl +3, Srv +2 | Saves: Str +6*, Dex +1, Con +5*, Int -1, Wis +0, Cha -1 | Init: +1 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: No| Hit Dice: 4/4, 1d12+3 | Rage: 3/3 | Active conditions: Rage 0/10

With a second quick swing to throw much of the goblin blood from the blade, Revjak turns to the others.

"Outnumbered and surprised, they fell swiftly. Let us press on in the direction they came from. Perhaps we can surprise a few more."


In the interest of moving things along - and as the party is not running headlong into another battle...

Carric leads the way down the passage from whence the three goblins emerged, and cautiously pushes wide the half-open door at the end of it. Inside is what appears to be a dormitory, with a row of dirty, messy beds to the north and south. All the beds are empty. There are piles of clothing strewn around the room. In the middle of the eastern wall, a short corridor leads to another door, which appears to be jammed shut by iron spikes, and has the same word scrawled messily on it numerous times in dwarven script, in a language that none of you understand.


Male CG Human (Reghed) Barbarian 4 (Zealot) | HP: 47/47, Temp: 0/0 | AC: 14 (currently: 14) | Per +2, Stl +3, Srv +2 | Saves: Str +6*, Dex +1, Con +5*, Int -1, Wis +0, Cha -1 | Init: +1 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: No| Hit Dice: 4/4, 1d12+3 | Rage: 3/3 | Active conditions: Rage 0/10

Revjak has returned to carrying a torch and javelin. He peers around the room, trying to find valuables and an idea of how many goblins had slept there.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

On the script:

"It is the lettering of the dwarves but not their tongue. I do not understand the words. My guess is that someone or something was sealed within. A foe of the goblins, perhaps a foe of ours too."


Male Wood Elf Ranger Monster Slayer (Soldier)/4; AC: 16; HP: 36/36; Passive Perception 14; Init +4 (Adv); Saves: Str +2, Dex +6; HD Used 1/3

Indeed, let us examine.


The party scouts around the room, and after rifling through the goblins' dirty laundry, manages to turn up a bunch of silver (65 sp in total), and a soft felt bag with four rubies in it - the bag is marked "Melton". There is little else of interest in the room.


Cleric 1 | HP: 8/8 | AC13 (15 with Shield) | STR 0; DEX +2; CON 0; INT 0; WIS +3/+5; Cha +2/+4 | Spells 0/2x1st

"It says 'Danger, enter at own risk'." Signey grins, "I can't read it, but that's what it says to me."

She presses her ear to the door, straining to listen for any noise from the other side

Wisdom: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12- if anyone has better ears, maybe we can hear something before deciding whether or not to open?


Male Wood Elf Ranger Monster Slayer (Soldier)/4; AC: 16; HP: 36/36; Passive Perception 14; Init +4 (Adv); Saves: Str +2, Dex +6; HD Used 1/3

Carric approaches and gives a listen.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22


Carric:
You hear nothing, but with your head close to the door for a few moments you do catch a whiff of something very unpleasant - a sickening odour with just a touch of sweetness.


Male Wood Elf Ranger Monster Slayer (Soldier)/4; AC: 16; HP: 36/36; Passive Perception 14; Init +4 (Adv); Saves: Str +2, Dex +6; HD Used 1/3

Terrible odor with a hint of sweetness coming from behind there...smells rotten.


Male CG Human (Reghed) Barbarian 4 (Zealot) | HP: 47/47, Temp: 0/0 | AC: 14 (currently: 14) | Per +2, Stl +3, Srv +2 | Saves: Str +6*, Dex +1, Con +5*, Int -1, Wis +0, Cha -1 | Init: +1 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: No| Hit Dice: 4/4, 1d12+3 | Rage: 3/3 | Active conditions: Rage 0/10

"Perhaps it is now dead and rotting? I dislike leaving this unknown at our backs."


Cleric 1 | HP: 8/8 | AC13 (15 with Shield) | STR 0; DEX +2; CON 0; INT 0; WIS +3/+5; Cha +2/+4 | Spells 0/2x1st

"If the simple sealing of the door has lasted for now, it will doubtless last until we've gone. I'm reluctant to seek out unnecessary foes until I can replenish my magic."


This dorm is a possible place for a short rest, although there's no guarantee that your repose will be uninterrupted.


Max HP: 40 | AC: 19 | Saves: Str: +5; Dex: -1; Con: +5; Int: +2; Wis: +1; Cha: -1 | Init -1 | Current Damage: -0 | Inspiration: [X]

"If you need to rest your organic bodies, this would be a good time to do so." offered Piety.


Male CG Human (Reghed) Barbarian 4 (Zealot) | HP: 47/47, Temp: 0/0 | AC: 14 (currently: 14) | Per +2, Stl +3, Srv +2 | Saves: Str +6*, Dex +1, Con +5*, Int -1, Wis +0, Cha -1 | Init: +1 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: No| Hit Dice: 4/4, 1d12+3 | Rage: 3/3 | Active conditions: Rage 0/10

"With the sleepless vigil of Piety, we can rest here for a spell."


Sounds like rest o'clock! Before you roll HD if you want to heal, and replenish short rest powers...

GM screen:
RE: 1d10 ⇒ 3

...All good. Do your thing.

Piety keeps watch, listening carefully for the sound of approaching creatures, while the rest of the party rest. The hour passes uneventfully.


Male CG Human (Reghed) Barbarian 4 (Zealot) | HP: 47/47, Temp: 0/0 | AC: 14 (currently: 14) | Per +2, Stl +3, Srv +2 | Saves: Str +6*, Dex +1, Con +5*, Int -1, Wis +0, Cha -1 | Init: +1 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: No| Hit Dice: 4/4, 1d12+3 | Rage: 3/3 | Active conditions: Rage 0/10

HD: 1d12 ⇒ 10


So, heading through the jammed doorwith scrawled goblin on it, or heading back to the T intersection?


Male CG Human (Reghed) Barbarian 4 (Zealot) | HP: 47/47, Temp: 0/0 | AC: 14 (currently: 14) | Per +2, Stl +3, Srv +2 | Saves: Str +6*, Dex +1, Con +5*, Int -1, Wis +0, Cha -1 | Init: +1 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: No| Hit Dice: 4/4, 1d12+3 | Rage: 3/3 | Active conditions: Rage 0/10

"We can leave that door for later. Let us seek out the box and the 'boss' elsewhere."


Male Half-elf 4th Level Warlock | HP 26/26 (THP 7/7) | AC 15 | Str -1, Dex +2, Con +1, Int +2, Wis +3, Cha +6 | Init +2 | PPerc 13/16 | HD 4d8 | Spells: 2/2 | Conditions: Mage Armor

Reynwyn spends the hour looking through a leather-wrapped journal for a time, not paying much attention to the others except for an occasional upward glance. Meanwhile the everpresent raven alights nearby and watches the rest of the group, cocking its head now again and preening itself. Once the rest has concluded, Reyn closes the journal and slips it back into his backpack. The raven slaps back to his shoulder as he stands. "Agreed, Revjak. This door is likely going nowhere. I am eager to be done with these filthy beasts and back into fresh air."


Max HP: 40 | AC: 19 | Saves: Str: +5; Dex: -1; Con: +5; Int: +2; Wis: +1; Cha: -1 | Init -1 | Current Damage: -0 | Inspiration: [X]

Piety stands and looks around as the others make ready to leave. He then takes up his space at the rear of the group.


Refreshed, the party heads back out into the main hallway of the ancient temple, following it north to the T intersection they have not yet investigated beyond. 35' to the west is a doorway, where to the west the passageway stretches on for 60' before turning left to the north.

Which way folks?


Male CG Human (Reghed) Barbarian 4 (Zealot) | HP: 47/47, Temp: 0/0 | AC: 14 (currently: 14) | Per +2, Stl +3, Srv +2 | Saves: Str +6*, Dex +1, Con +5*, Int -1, Wis +0, Cha -1 | Init: +1 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: No| Hit Dice: 4/4, 1d12+3 | Rage: 3/3 | Active conditions: Rage 0/10

"Carric, could you check that doorway?"


Male Wood Elf Ranger Monster Slayer (Soldier)/4; AC: 16; HP: 36/36; Passive Perception 14; Init +4 (Adv); Saves: Str +2, Dex +6; HD Used 1/3

Carric nods and proceeds ahead to the door, being wary of traps in route, thel listening at the door.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Carric:
You notice no traps as you approach. There is more (probably goblin) scrawl on this door, and when you put your ear to it you hear nothing.


Male Wood Elf Ranger Monster Slayer (Soldier)/4; AC: 16; HP: 36/36; Passive Perception 14; Init +4 (Adv); Saves: Str +2, Dex +6; HD Used 1/3

Carric listens at the door, then waves the others forward, and gently checks to see if door is locked. When the others arrive, he whispers,

I hear nothing behind here.


Male CG Human (Reghed) Barbarian 4 (Zealot) | HP: 47/47, Temp: 0/0 | AC: 14 (currently: 14) | Per +2, Stl +3, Srv +2 | Saves: Str +6*, Dex +1, Con +5*, Int -1, Wis +0, Cha -1 | Init: +1 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: No| Hit Dice: 4/4, 1d12+3 | Rage: 3/3 | Active conditions: Rage 0/10

Revjak grips his torch and javelin.

"I shall open the door then."

If there are no objections, he will do just that.


This long, high, and apparently empty room (see map) is filled with evenly spaced stone benches. The walls are lined with dark marble, and carved to depict scenes of perversion and depravity. An alcove in the northern wall houses an obsidian statue of a slender, robed figure, holding a wicked knife in one hand.


Male CG Human (Reghed) Barbarian 4 (Zealot) | HP: 47/47, Temp: 0/0 | AC: 14 (currently: 14) | Per +2, Stl +3, Srv +2 | Saves: Str +6*, Dex +1, Con +5*, Int -1, Wis +0, Cha -1 | Init: +1 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: No| Hit Dice: 4/4, 1d12+3 | Rage: 3/3 | Active conditions: Rage 0/10

Revjak looks around at the scene in clear disgust. He spits on the floor before speaking.

"This is a temple to foulness. I would tear it down. But there are foes yet lurking elsewhere. We should find them."


Cleric 1 | HP: 8/8 | AC13 (15 with Shield) | STR 0; DEX +2; CON 0; INT 0; WIS +3/+5; Cha +2/+4 | Spells 0/2x1st

"Was this a temple to Shar too?" signey muses as she cautiously takes a look around.


Max HP: 40 | AC: 19 | Saves: Str: +5; Dex: -1; Con: +5; Int: +2; Wis: +1; Cha: -1 | Init -1 | Current Damage: -0 | Inspiration: [X]

Glancing into the door at the Altar

Religion: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Piety says "I am unfamiliar with the deity depicted here, but I would caution against striking it's altar down, as deities intrinsically know when their places of worship are attacked, and may choose to seek retribution."


Male CG Human (Reghed) Barbarian 4 (Zealot) | HP: 47/47, Temp: 0/0 | AC: 14 (currently: 14) | Per +2, Stl +3, Srv +2 | Saves: Str +6*, Dex +1, Con +5*, Int -1, Wis +0, Cha -1 | Init: +1 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: No| Hit Dice: 4/4, 1d12+3 | Rage: 3/3 | Active conditions: Rage 0/10

"Likewise, Tempos would know that a dark temple was overthrown. But there are still living enemies lurking elsewhere."


Male Wood Elf Ranger Monster Slayer (Soldier)/4; AC: 16; HP: 36/36; Passive Perception 14; Init +4 (Adv); Saves: Str +2, Dex +6; HD Used 1/3

Let's take a closer look to see if there are any exits from the room.

Carric enters and sticks to the wall as he circles the room, looking for traps, or other means of egress.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21


Sorry Carric, failed to mention in the description that there's a door 15' north on the same wall as the door you entered through.

Perception DC 15:
There is something odd about the floor about five feet in front of the statue.

Perception DC 20:
There appears to be a circular indentation in the ground in front of the statue. Also, there is something odd about the area around the statue, but you can't quite put your finger on it.


Male CG Human (Reghed) Barbarian 4 (Zealot) | HP: 47/47, Temp: 0/0 | AC: 14 (currently: 14) | Per +2, Stl +3, Srv +2 | Saves: Str +6*, Dex +1, Con +5*, Int -1, Wis +0, Cha -1 | Init: +1 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: No| Hit Dice: 4/4, 1d12+3 | Rage: 3/3 | Active conditions: Rage 0/10

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Revjak hears and sees nothing of interest, and still awaits the findings of Carric's sharp senses.


Male Wood Elf Ranger Monster Slayer (Soldier)/4; AC: 16; HP: 36/36; Passive Perception 14; Init +4 (Adv); Saves: Str +2, Dex +6; HD Used 1/3

There is something odd about the statue, and there appears to be a depression 5 feet in front. It could be a trap.

He waves the others into the room.

Revjak, Can you check that other door before we dry to disarm any trap?


Male CG Human (Reghed) Barbarian 4 (Zealot) | HP: 47/47, Temp: 0/0 | AC: 14 (currently: 14) | Per +2, Stl +3, Srv +2 | Saves: Str +6*, Dex +1, Con +5*, Int -1, Wis +0, Cha -1 | Init: +1 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: No| Hit Dice: 4/4, 1d12+3 | Rage: 3/3 | Active conditions: Rage 0/10

In response to Carric's query, Revjak replies:

"Aye."

And checks the other door.


Max HP: 40 | AC: 19 | Saves: Str: +5; Dex: -1; Con: +5; Int: +2; Wis: +1; Cha: -1 | Init -1 | Current Damage: -0 | Inspiration: [X]

Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19

Piety will join Revjak at the far door to insure no enemies await.


Revjak and Piety move to the north-most door on the east wall, which is closed. Both of them ready in case enemies lurk behind it, they slowly open it, and discover an unlit, 5' wide corridor that runs for 20' before turning to the north. The outside of this door bears the same scrawled writing as the other door to this chapel, or whatever it is.

Perception DC 15:
You can detect faint sounds coming from the north around the corner of the corridor, but you can't quite make out what they might be.

Perception DC 20:
The sounds coming from the north sound like voices, although what they might be the voices of, you're not sure.


Male CG Human (Reghed) Barbarian 4 (Zealot) | HP: 47/47, Temp: 0/0 | AC: 14 (currently: 14) | Per +2, Stl +3, Srv +2 | Saves: Str +6*, Dex +1, Con +5*, Int -1, Wis +0, Cha -1 | Init: +1 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: No| Hit Dice: 4/4, 1d12+3 | Rage: 3/3 | Active conditions: Rage 0/10

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Revjak squints, and whispers.

"Anyone see enemies?"


Male Wood Elf Ranger Monster Slayer (Soldier)/4; AC: 16; HP: 36/36; Passive Perception 14; Init +4 (Adv); Saves: Str +2, Dex +6; HD Used 1/3

Carric moves to the open door and peers down the hall.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Cleric 1 | HP: 8/8 | AC13 (15 with Shield) | STR 0; DEX +2; CON 0; INT 0; WIS +3/+5; Cha +2/+4 | Spells 0/2x1st

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

"I don't see anything." Signey whispers,


Max HP: 40 | AC: 19 | Saves: Str: +5; Dex: -1; Con: +5; Int: +2; Wis: +1; Cha: -1 | Init -1 | Current Damage: -0 | Inspiration: [X]

Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12

"I do not."


So are we heading down the passage, or do you want to spend more time in this chapel?


Male CG Human (Reghed) Barbarian 4 (Zealot) | HP: 47/47, Temp: 0/0 | AC: 14 (currently: 14) | Per +2, Stl +3, Srv +2 | Saves: Str +6*, Dex +1, Con +5*, Int -1, Wis +0, Cha -1 | Init: +1 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: No| Hit Dice: 4/4, 1d12+3 | Rage: 3/3 | Active conditions: Rage 0/10

I'm fine with pressing on for now.


Male Wood Elf Ranger Monster Slayer (Soldier)/4; AC: 16; HP: 36/36; Passive Perception 14; Init +4 (Adv); Saves: Str +2, Dex +6; HD Used 1/3

Well, we have no rogue to disable the trap. So, I guess we just steer clear and move on.

Carric whispers to Revjak,

Let's move. I am right behind you.

251 to 300 of 1,778 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / City of Splendors Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.