The City of Splendors

Game Master littlehewy

Current battlemap
Map of Ardeep Forest
Map of Waterdeep
Map of the Adventurers' Quarter
Reynwyn's Loot Tracker


151 to 200 of 1,778 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male CG Human (Reghed) Barbarian 4 (Zealot) | HP: 47/47, Temp: 0/0 | AC: 14 (currently: 14) | Per +2, Stl +3, Srv +2 | Saves: Str +6*, Dex +1, Con +5*, Int -1, Wis +0, Cha -1 | Init: +1 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: No| Hit Dice: 4/4, 1d12+3 | Rage: 3/3 | Active conditions: Rage 0/10

Sound fair to me. Carric has Orcish as well I believe, and a better Int ;)

Revjak tries to understand the goblin's words. Some are reminiscent of the brutish speech of Orc raiders.

Int: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6

Spend inspiration to gain advantage

Int: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14


Male Wood Elf Ranger Monster Slayer (Soldier)/4; AC: 16; HP: 36/36; Passive Perception 14; Init +4 (Adv); Saves: Str +2, Dex +6; HD Used 1/3

Int: 1d20 ⇒ 9


Carric:
You catch a word that's very similar to the orcish word for "warrior"/

Revjak:
You catch a word that's very similar to the orcish for "warrior", and perhaps something that refers to "injure".


Male CG Human (Reghed) Barbarian 4 (Zealot) | HP: 47/47, Temp: 0/0 | AC: 14 (currently: 14) | Per +2, Stl +3, Srv +2 | Saves: Str +6*, Dex +1, Con +5*, Int -1, Wis +0, Cha -1 | Init: +1 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: No| Hit Dice: 4/4, 1d12+3 | Rage: 3/3 | Active conditions: Rage 0/10

"The goblin says 'warrior' and...I think 'injure'?"


The pathetic-looking goblin hugs Signey's leg a little tighter as Revjak's voice booms (quietly).


Male Wood Elf Ranger Monster Slayer (Soldier)/4; AC: 16; HP: 36/36; Passive Perception 14; Init +4 (Adv); Saves: Str +2, Dex +6; HD Used 1/3

Carric peers through the opening to the north.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


GM's Screen:
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Carric:
You see the 10' wide corridor stretches some 30' north, with smaller tunnels leading off, one east, one west, before the main corridor hits a T intersection. You neither see nor hear anything of interest up that way. What you do notice is the dark nature of the two statues flanking the door.

They are identical: 3' tall, standing on an 18" base, carved from solid obsidian. They each depict a fully cloaked humanoid, its face hidden by a cowl. On the base is inscribed, Love is a lie. Only hate endures. You recognise this as one of the dogmas of Shar, goddess of darkness and loss.


Male Wood Elf Ranger Monster Slayer (Soldier)/4; AC: 16; HP: 36/36; Passive Perception 14; Init +4 (Adv); Saves: Str +2, Dex +6; HD Used 1/3

Carric holds his position and speaks in a low voice back to the others.

Clear this way, for now. Let him go, or kill him. I do not think we will get anything valuable out of him.


Male Half-elf 4th Level Warlock | HP 26/26 (THP 7/7) | AC 15 | Str -1, Dex +2, Con +1, Int +2, Wis +3, Cha +6 | Init +2 | PPerc 13/16 | HD 4d8 | Spells: 2/2 | Conditions: Mage Armor

Reynwyn kneels down next to the goblin. "Can you understand me?"


Male CG Human (Reghed) Barbarian 4 (Zealot) | HP: 47/47, Temp: 0/0 | AC: 14 (currently: 14) | Per +2, Stl +3, Srv +2 | Saves: Str +6*, Dex +1, Con +5*, Int -1, Wis +0, Cha -1 | Init: +1 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: No| Hit Dice: 4/4, 1d12+3 | Rage: 3/3 | Active conditions: Rage 0/10

Revjak takes a hard look at the goblin.

"Bah, I say let him go if he cannot tell us anything useful."


The goblin eyes Reywyn warily as he approaches, but not with the same kind of fear he has for Revjak. He curls his lip as Reynwyn speaks, a look of incomprehension on his face.


It seems the crappest goblin guard ever isn't multilingual. What to do with him? Let him go? Tie him up? Cold-blooded murder?


Max HP: 40 | AC: 19 | Saves: Str: +5; Dex: -1; Con: +5; Int: +2; Wis: +1; Cha: -1 | Init -1 | Current Damage: -0 | Inspiration: [X]

If you give him a weapon first, it's not murder, but a duel! =P


*Piety wrote:
If you give him a weapon first, it's not murder, but a duel! =P

Ha, "Draw! I said draw!"


Cleric 1 | HP: 8/8 | AC13 (15 with Shield) | STR 0; DEX +2; CON 0; INT 0; WIS +3/+5; Cha +2/+4 | Spells 0/2x1st

Signey sighs, she pulls the goblin away from the group a little and with one last attempt she tries to draw an image of the box they're looking for.


Quickly borrowing ink and parchment from Reynwyn, Signey sketches out a rough picture of the Majarra lockbox. As she draws the crest on the front, the goblin's eyes light up in comprehension. It nods at Signey.

"Gribshik ske nana frakrak. Heshka bokbok."

Carric and Revjak, you catch a word (bokbok) that's pretty much the orcish word for "boss".


Male CG Human (Reghed) Barbarian 4 (Zealot) | HP: 47/47, Temp: 0/0 | AC: 14 (currently: 14) | Per +2, Stl +3, Srv +2 | Saves: Str +6*, Dex +1, Con +5*, Int -1, Wis +0, Cha -1 | Init: +1 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: No| Hit Dice: 4/4, 1d12+3 | Rage: 3/3 | Active conditions: Rage 0/10

"He said 'bokbok', sounds like 'boss'. So we have to find their leader and take the box from him."


Male Wood Elf Ranger Monster Slayer (Soldier)/4; AC: 16; HP: 36/36; Passive Perception 14; Init +4 (Adv); Saves: Str +2, Dex +6; HD Used 1/3

Carric rolls his eyes, and sarcastically adds,

Well, I did not see that coming.


Ha!


Male Half-elf 4th Level Warlock | HP 26/26 (THP 7/7) | AC 15 | Str -1, Dex +2, Con +1, Int +2, Wis +3, Cha +6 | Init +2 | PPerc 13/16 | HD 4d8 | Spells: 2/2 | Conditions: Mage Armor

LMAO!

"Signey, see if we can find out how many goblins there are in the caves." He looks further into the darkness warily. "We should not tarry too long here. We should tie him when we are done should we have the rope to do so."


The goblin stands up, still looking at Signey, and begins to growl and babble quickly. Its face is (relatively) pleasant as it chatters, but you're all aware of the blade it has hanging from its hip. It tugs on Signey's leg, pointing in the direction of the corridor.


Male CG Human (Reghed) Barbarian 4 (Zealot) | HP: 47/47, Temp: 0/0 | AC: 14 (currently: 14) | Per +2, Stl +3, Srv +2 | Saves: Str +6*, Dex +1, Con +5*, Int -1, Wis +0, Cha -1 | Init: +1 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: No| Hit Dice: 4/4, 1d12+3 | Rage: 3/3 | Active conditions: Rage 0/10

In a low voice to Signey:

"How long will your charms hold the goblin?"


Max HP: 40 | AC: 19 | Saves: Str: +5; Dex: -1; Con: +5; Int: +2; Wis: +1; Cha: -1 | Init -1 | Current Damage: -0 | Inspiration: [X]

Piety observed the banter between the group and the goblin, and then says "We should kill it. I have been alive long enough to know what happens when you leave a tied up guard behind you."


Cleric 1 | HP: 8/8 | AC13 (15 with Shield) | STR 0; DEX +2; CON 0; INT 0; WIS +3/+5; Cha +2/+4 | Spells 0/2x1st

"An hour" Signey feels a pang of guilt, but letting it lead them into the caves would be a bad idea. Communicating that they didn't want their other friends to see them would be... difficult. She nods to the others, and puts her hand to her dagger.


Male CG Human (Reghed) Barbarian 4 (Zealot) | HP: 47/47, Temp: 0/0 | AC: 14 (currently: 14) | Per +2, Stl +3, Srv +2 | Saves: Str +6*, Dex +1, Con +5*, Int -1, Wis +0, Cha -1 | Init: +1 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: No| Hit Dice: 4/4, 1d12+3 | Rage: 3/3 | Active conditions: Rage 0/10

Revjak nods back at Signey - and sweeps his glaive at the goblin.

Glaive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Glaive End: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Glaive Damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Glaive End Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Max HP: 40 | AC: 19 | Saves: Str: +5; Dex: -1; Con: +5; Int: +2; Wis: +1; Cha: -1 | Init -1 | Current Damage: -0 | Inspiration: [X]

"Excellent. It's good to see healthy pragmatism among young people." says the Golem.


As the goblin turns back to Signey, it sees Revjak's glaive descending towards its skull. It yelps and somehow manages to avoid the blow... but the follow up crack of the butt end catches it in the temple, and it crumples to the ground, a pool of blood slowly growing beneath its head.


Male Half-elf 4th Level Warlock | HP 26/26 (THP 7/7) | AC 15 | Str -1, Dex +2, Con +1, Int +2, Wis +3, Cha +6 | Init +2 | PPerc 13/16 | HD 4d8 | Spells: 2/2 | Conditions: Mage Armor

Reynwyn just shrugs at the goblin's death. "Without Signey's spell it would have fallen to our blades anyway. Let us not forget they attempted to murder us not but eighteen hours past. Shall we continue onward?"


Male Wood Elf Ranger Monster Slayer (Soldier)/4; AC: 16; HP: 36/36; Passive Perception 14; Init +4 (Adv); Saves: Str +2, Dex +6; HD Used 1/3

Carric nods, then proceeds to move quietly up the hallway to the corridors leading off right and left before the T.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17


Male CG Human (Reghed) Barbarian 4 (Zealot) | HP: 47/47, Temp: 0/0 | AC: 14 (currently: 14) | Per +2, Stl +3, Srv +2 | Saves: Str +6*, Dex +1, Con +5*, Int -1, Wis +0, Cha -1 | Init: +1 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: No| Hit Dice: 4/4, 1d12+3 | Rage: 3/3 | Active conditions: Rage 0/10

"Aye. Let us press on."

He will follow soon after Carric, attempting quiet.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Stealth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


I've moved you all on the map in loose marching order, feel free to shift yourselves if you like.

The corridor has a very old feel to it, and though none of you are experts, the craftsmanship of the masonry work looks excellent. The dust is thick on the sides of the corridor, but the central two-thirds are well-traversed, and no specific footprints are immediately identifiable. All is dark.

Perception checks reveal nothing, no sound or otherwise. You will need a light source for the humies. Which way? Corridors to the east and west, with two doors available to the west, one to the east, or a T-intersection up ahead.

EDIT: Also, 50 XP for poor Pox the goblin :)


Male CG Human (Reghed) Barbarian 4 (Zealot) | HP: 47/47, Temp: 0/0 | AC: 14 (currently: 14) | Per +2, Stl +3, Srv +2 | Saves: Str +6*, Dex +1, Con +5*, Int -1, Wis +0, Cha -1 | Init: +1 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: No| Hit Dice: 4/4, 1d12+3 | Rage: 3/3 | Active conditions: Rage 0/10

Revjak puts his glaive on his back. He pulls out a torch and moves to light it.

"I say west."


Male Wood Elf Ranger Monster Slayer (Soldier)/4; AC: 16; HP: 36/36; Passive Perception 14; Init +4 (Adv); Saves: Str +2, Dex +6; HD Used 1/3

Again, Carric nods and leads the way ahead of the brughtness of the torch.


Male CG Human (Reghed) Barbarian 4 (Zealot) | HP: 47/47, Temp: 0/0 | AC: 14 (currently: 14) | Per +2, Stl +3, Srv +2 | Saves: Str +6*, Dex +1, Con +5*, Int -1, Wis +0, Cha -1 | Init: +1 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: No| Hit Dice: 4/4, 1d12+3 | Rage: 3/3 | Active conditions: Rage 0/10

Revjak moves a little way behind Carric, the lit torch held in his left hand, a javelin in his right.


Male Half-elf 4th Level Warlock | HP 26/26 (THP 7/7) | AC 15 | Str -1, Dex +2, Con +1, Int +2, Wis +3, Cha +6 | Init +2 | PPerc 13/16 | HD 4d8 | Spells: 2/2 | Conditions: Mage Armor

Reynwyn continues along with the group, going over in his mind anything he may know about goblins and their affinities for their lairs... Even though Reynwyn is calm and confident, his heart thuds within his chest. Never having been a hunter before, he does not know whether the fluttering of his heart is out of fear or excitement.


Max HP: 40 | AC: 19 | Saves: Str: +5; Dex: -1; Con: +5; Int: +2; Wis: +1; Cha: -1 | Init -1 | Current Damage: -0 | Inspiration: [X]

Piety stalks along behind the others. While he would normally keep his mind entertained during such rather boring excursions, he knows that this is a trap and instead pays attention to their surroundings.


The corridor to the west is 40' long, with a door to the south 25' in, and a door right at the end leading further west.

Survival DC 15:
There seem to be large wolf-like prints leading to and from the door to the south, while those leading to the door at the end of the corridor look mostly goblinoid.

Perception DC 20:
Going by the disturbance of the dust on the floor, traffic to the west-most door is heavier, but the prints to the sourhern door look... strange. Not humanoid.


Male Half-elf 4th Level Warlock | HP 26/26 (THP 7/7) | AC 15 | Str -1, Dex +2, Con +1, Int +2, Wis +3, Cha +6 | Init +2 | PPerc 13/16 | HD 4d8 | Spells: 2/2 | Conditions: Mage Armor

Survival: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

As the group continues down the western corridor, Reyn spots some tracks in the darkness. "Wait. These prints here look almost wolf-like, but they look larger." He points them out to the group.


Male CG Human (Reghed) Barbarian 4 (Zealot) | HP: 47/47, Temp: 0/0 | AC: 14 (currently: 14) | Per +2, Stl +3, Srv +2 | Saves: Str +6*, Dex +1, Con +5*, Int -1, Wis +0, Cha -1 | Init: +1 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: No| Hit Dice: 4/4, 1d12+3 | Rage: 3/3 | Active conditions: Rage 0/10

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Survival: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

In the flickering light, Revjak only sees the prints when Reynwyn points them out.

"Good eyes. I should go in front when we near where these beasts lair."


So, door number 1, or door number 2? South or west?


Max HP: 40 | AC: 19 | Saves: Str: +5; Dex: -1; Con: +5; Int: +2; Wis: +1; Cha: -1 | Init -1 | Current Damage: -0 | Inspiration: [X]

Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17

Not hearing or seeing anything, Piety continues along with the group, keeping an eye out.


Male CG Human (Reghed) Barbarian 4 (Zealot) | HP: 47/47, Temp: 0/0 | AC: 14 (currently: 14) | Per +2, Stl +3, Srv +2 | Saves: Str +6*, Dex +1, Con +5*, Int -1, Wis +0, Cha -1 | Init: +1 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: No| Hit Dice: 4/4, 1d12+3 | Rage: 3/3 | Active conditions: Rage 0/10

"I say we open south door first. Cover our backs."


Male Half-elf 4th Level Warlock | HP 26/26 (THP 7/7) | AC 15 | Str -1, Dex +2, Con +1, Int +2, Wis +3, Cha +6 | Init +2 | PPerc 13/16 | HD 4d8 | Spells: 2/2 | Conditions: Mage Armor

Reyn nods his agreement to Revjak's suggestion. "Never leave an unexplored room behind you."


Male Wood Elf Ranger Monster Slayer (Soldier)/4; AC: 16; HP: 36/36; Passive Perception 14; Init +4 (Adv); Saves: Str +2, Dex +6; HD Used 1/3

Survival: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Carric moves to the door with Revjak and Reynwyn, and opens it.


As Carric cracks the door, a very deep, guttural growl begins to emanate from behind it...

Carric, you have the presence of mind to shut the door immediately if you wish, or you can continue to open it. Your call.


Male Wood Elf Ranger Monster Slayer (Soldier)/4; AC: 16; HP: 36/36; Passive Perception 14; Init +4 (Adv); Saves: Str +2, Dex +6; HD Used 1/3

Carric slowly closes the door...

Maybe a wolf? Something growling in there.


Male CG Human (Reghed) Barbarian 4 (Zealot) | HP: 47/47, Temp: 0/0 | AC: 14 (currently: 14) | Per +2, Stl +3, Srv +2 | Saves: Str +6*, Dex +1, Con +5*, Int -1, Wis +0, Cha -1 | Init: +1 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: No| Hit Dice: 4/4, 1d12+3 | Rage: 3/3 | Active conditions: Rage 0/10

"Growling? I will go in first, drive it back."


Male Wood Elf Ranger Monster Slayer (Soldier)/4; AC: 16; HP: 36/36; Passive Perception 14; Init +4 (Adv); Saves: Str +2, Dex +6; HD Used 1/3

I'll cover you.

Carric draws an arrow to his bow and awaits Revjak entering the room.


Revjak pushes the door open wide, revealing a short corridor that opens out into a small room. The odour of canine refuse assaults your nostrils immediately. Amidst a den created from smashed furniture and old linen are two enormous wolves! They growl and stare at you with intelligent, malevolent eyes.

Are you attacking immediately, Revjak or Carric?

Also, remember the link to the Roll20 map is at the top of the page, I'm generally moving people around, but if you want to move yourselves that's fine too.


Male CG Human (Reghed) Barbarian 4 (Zealot) | HP: 47/47, Temp: 0/0 | AC: 14 (currently: 14) | Per +2, Stl +3, Srv +2 | Saves: Str +6*, Dex +1, Con +5*, Int -1, Wis +0, Cha -1 | Init: +1 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: No| Hit Dice: 4/4, 1d12+3 | Rage: 3/3 | Active conditions: Rage 0/10

Revjak throws the javelin at the leftmost wolf, drops his torch, seizes hold of his glaive, and takes a few steps forward. He feels the fury growing.

Not yet. Not yet!

Action, free, bonus, move

Javelin at left wolf: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Damage, Piercing: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Reaction Roll if Left Wolf enters reach:

Glaive at left wolf: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Damage, Slashing: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Reaction Roll if Right Wolf enters reach:

Glaive at right wolf: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Damage, Slashing: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

To confirm any critical:

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

151 to 200 of 1,778 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / City of Splendors Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.