The City of Splendors

Game Master littlehewy

Current battlemap
Map of Ardeep Forest
Map of Waterdeep
Map of the Adventurers' Quarter
Reynwyn's Loot Tracker


1 to 50 of 1,778 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Welcome to the gameplay thread


Male Wood Elf Ranger Monster Slayer (Soldier)/4; AC: 16; HP: 36/36; Passive Perception 14; Init +4 (Adv); Saves: Str +2, Dex +6; HD Used 1/3

DOT


Max HP: 40 | AC: 19 | Saves: Str: +5; Dex: -1; Con: +5; Int: +2; Wis: +1; Cha: -1 | Init -1 | Current Damage: -0 | Inspiration: [X]

...---...


Male Half-elf 4th Level Warlock | HP 26/26 (THP 7/7) | AC 15 | Str -1, Dex +2, Con +1, Int +2, Wis +3, Cha +6 | Init +2 | PPerc 13/16 | HD 4d8 | Spells: 2/2 | Conditions: Mage Armor

Checking in!


11pm, 5th of Eleint, 335 NR (1367 DR)

It is a fine night; the sky is clear, the stars somewhat dim beside the bright light of Selune, and a light breeze ruffles your hair and cloak occasionally. You trudge beside the caravan of wagons, and though your steps are weary, the promise of a warm bed, only two miles away in the town of Melton, keeps your legs moving. It has been a long day, but Kehlann Majarra, the young merchant lord whose wagons you are guarding, has taken fever, and his manservant Sillon is insistent that Majarra should reach a bed tonight. No one has complained overmuch, as a warm hearth and an ale await you all upon arrival.

For the past hour or so, the road, which runs from Mirabar in the north to Triboar and beyond to Waterdeep, has passed through intermittent light woods. The caravan crested a small rise some five minutes ago, and has continued to head down into a wooded glen. The sussuruss of the trees is calming, and you hear the two guards at the rear of the caravan, a pleasant couple named Borric and Lavina, laughing softly at some private joke.

To set the scene, there are three wagons in convoy. Borric and Lavina are guarding the rear, and you five are split with at least two on each side of the middle wagon. One person on each side is carrying a hooded lantern. A tough, burly warrior named Gregin sits up front beside the driver. There is about 20' of grass on each side of the wagons, then light forest.

Firstly, though most of you have described your characters on the discussion page, I'd like each of you describe what (if anything) they're engaged in while they walk. Nominate which side of the caravan you are on (and if you are carrying the lantern on your side).


Male CG Human (Reghed) Barbarian 4 (Zealot) | HP: 47/47, Temp: 0/0 | AC: 14 (currently: 14) | Per +2, Stl +3, Srv +2 | Saves: Str +6*, Dex +1, Con +5*, Int -1, Wis +0, Cha -1 | Init: +1 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: No| Hit Dice: 4/4, 1d12+3 | Rage: 3/3 | Active conditions: Rage 0/10

A tall, broad figure walks towards the front of the left side of the wagon. Revjak looms taller than most southerners by a head, a full seven feet tall. He has the fair blonde hair and light blue eyes typical of his people, the Reghedmen, that hair let grow long and wild on head and face. His cheeks, neck, bare chest, and arms are covered in tattoos proclaiming his allegiance to the Tribe of the Elk and to Tempos. A few fur pieces, leather leggings and boots are the rest of his covering. A pair of hand axes are visible at his sides, and four javelins surround his backpack.

And he is smiling, with his trusty dwarven glaive held in both hands. The night is fine, this weather mild. He slew many orcs on the way here in the company of the Elven warrior, Carric. And now he is being promised gold to walk alongside some goods and in company too.

Truly, this is a land of good things! Even if it not home.

He keeps quiet for now, as he is watchful. But he looks forward to some ale later, even if inn beds are too soft for his liking.


Male Wood Elf Ranger Monster Slayer (Soldier)/4; AC: 16; HP: 36/36; Passive Perception 14; Init +4 (Adv); Saves: Str +2, Dex +6; HD Used 1/3

Carric, positions himsef to the opposite side of the front wagon. He has an easy gate, and has no trouble keeping up with tje wagons. He often scouts ahead and to each front flank, as he uses his keen elven senses to assess the road ahead. Carric carries his elven longbow at the ready, and to others, he melds into the surrounding foliage.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19


Male Half-elf 4th Level Warlock | HP 26/26 (THP 7/7) | AC 15 | Str -1, Dex +2, Con +1, Int +2, Wis +3, Cha +6 | Init +2 | PPerc 13/16 | HD 4d8 | Spells: 2/2 | Conditions: Mage Armor

Reynwyn will take position in the center of the caravan, along the right side of the caravan to keep his sharp, elvish vision trained along the shadows of the treeline. He will opt not to carry a lantern and instead let the humans keep to one side so that they may utilize the light to their advantage.

He thinks about his journey northward from Daggerford and the discoveries he made. He glances to his traveling company, Piety, the strange golem-like man not sure if Piety has revealed his story to Reynwyn yet} which whom he ventured to Mirabar from the Spine of the World. That is a day he would never forget, heading towards the village of the Black Raven tribe only to find several of them facing off against Piety. At first we watched quietly, not wanting to disturb or offend those that he had traveled to find. However, his neutral stance did not last long as one of the barbarians saw the young half-elf and rushed to bring the fight against Reynwyn. As the massive Uthgardt rushed at him axe raised high, Reyn threw his hand of defensively and called out; "Protect me, my Queen!" Suddenly he found himself surrounded by a flock of ravens swirling around him protectively! That barbarian found he could not force himself to attack the young man, and even stepped back in awe as he stared at the strange scene... Reyn was able to call for a truce in that moment and spared the golem man's life.

He draws himself out of his reverie and focuses on the task at hand. While he did not like traveling in the dark like this, the idea of getting to town in the next few hours for a warm fire and perhaps a mulled wine sounded wonderful. He had never spent anywhere near the amount of time traveling that he had been and did not truly appreciate the rigors of such a life until now. While it was not winter yet, the evenings were cold this far north once the sunset. Yes, a warm fire would do good to pull the cold from his bones. Even so, he was still young and full of vigor. Unlike their employer, who lay shiver from his fever... 'He would do well for a soft bed and warm drink this eve.' He thought as he twirled his ring around his finger absently...

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14 An additional +3 if Jareth is perched upon Reyn's shoulder.


Max HP: 40 | AC: 19 | Saves: Str: +5; Dex: -1; Con: +5; Int: +2; Wis: +1; Cha: -1 | Init -1 | Current Damage: -0 | Inspiration: [X]

He wouldn't actually tell anyone about his backstory, as that would likely make him a target for one or more people who want a form of immortality. He basically just refuses to answer questions about his history.

Piety stalked along near the front of the right-hand side of the wagon. While his senses were aware of his surroundings, internally he was calculating the amount of Mithral and Mercury necessary in the third part of the ritual to create a Quicksilver Golem.

He often did this sort of mental exercise during these long periods of travel.


Do you have darkvision Piety? I think the plan had been mentioned to keep those without darkvision on the left so that the elves could use their darkvision on the right. If you're on the right, you'll need to be holding a lantern.


Cleric 1 | HP: 8/8 | AC13 (15 with Shield) | STR 0; DEX +2; CON 0; INT 0; WIS +3/+5; Cha +2/+4 | Spells 0/2x1st

Signey looks a little awkward in her armour, as light and well-crafted as it was she was still unused to its weight and restriction. Her shield slung across her back adding to the unfamiliar weight.
Still, she was detirmined to not show herself up, so she didn't complain, holding her lantern high so the large warrior nearby could more easily stand ready with his weapon. She was not too proud to say that the large man intimidated her, he looked like he could crush her skull in one of his hands - not that he seemed he would, but... still.


I'll ask you all not to sneak peeks behind the GM's screen :)

GM's screen:

1S: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
2S: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13


Going to put Piety on the right hand side with a lantern.

Carric begins to push forward to scout ahead of the wagons, but only gets level with the front of the first wagon, when...

Carric & Reynwyn:
You hear the scrape of a foot on dirt, off to the right, near the rear of the last wagon. Your head snaps around and you see a hulking form hiding behind a large tree trunk.

Signey:
You hear the faint noise of a foot scuffing in the dirt on the other side of the wagons. You're not sure what made it, but you are instantly on alert. Something is out there.

Combat! Reywyn, Carric, and Signey are not surprised, but Piety and Revjak are. I'll roll initiative for you all to keep things moving. Could I ask everyone who doesn't already to get stats such as Perception, Saves, AC, and Initiative up on their class/level field on their profile? Just makes my job easier :)

GM's screen:

Carric In: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Piety In: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Revjak In: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Reynwyn In: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Signey In: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
1 In: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
2 In: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
P: 1d20 ⇒ 7
R: 1d20 ⇒ 13
2: 1d20 ⇒ 19

Carric
2
Revjak (surprised)
Piety (surprised)
Reynwyn
Signey
1

Carric, you're up! You can see the creature behind the tree, he's about 40' away from you, just inside the tree line (which is about 20' from the road), parallel to the back end of the last wagon.

Once everyone's aware and active (next round) we'll post our actions in blocks, but for now... Just Carric.


Male Wood Elf Ranger Monster Slayer (Soldier)/4; AC: 16; HP: 36/36; Passive Perception 14; Init +4 (Adv); Saves: Str +2, Dex +6; HD Used 1/3

Round 1, Natural Explorer, Favored Enemy??? Please add +2 to any damage if this is Orc or Human

Carric circles away from the wagons 30 feet away from the wagons, maintaining a distance of 40-50 feet from the enemy. He fires his long bow, as he shouts

Enemy at that tree, rear flank!

LB Att: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
LB Att Adv: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
LB Dam: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


As Carric wheels towards the trees and draws his arrow to his cheek, he sees that the creature is a well-armoured hobgoblin. He releases the arrow and watches with satisfaction as it sinks in to the creature's shoulder.

You can also let everyone know it's a hobgoblin when you shout out... Also, I forgot you get advantage to your initiative, lucky you went first anyway!

The hobgoblin roars as the arrow hits it, but its eyes are locked on its target... It charges towards Borric at the rear of the caravan, its longsword held aloft in both hands.

Longsword: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Dmg: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

Borric yells, barely avoiding what would have been a grievous blow.

Next up we have Reynwyn and Signey. The hobgoblin is at the rear right of the back wagon. Reynwyn and Signey are both 20' from the rear of the caravan, Reynwyn on the right and staring straight at the hobgoblin, Signey on the left and unable to see it but aware of generally where it is. Post actions when ready!


Here's a map!


Cleric 1 | HP: 8/8 | AC13 (15 with Shield) | STR 0; DEX +2; CON 0; INT 0; WIS +3/+5; Cha +2/+4 | Spells 0/2x1st

Signey's hand strays to her symbol and she murmurs a few quiet words, forging a shield of faith around Revjak (since he'll likely attract most attention once he wakes up. Bonus Action She then moves around to try and get a better look, and calls down Sacred Flame upon the hobgoblin once she gets sight of him.

Radiant: 1d8 ⇒ 3 or no damage on a DC 13 Dex Save, assuming I can move into position to target it


@Signey you can definitely get around the corner of the back wagon (to p10 on the map) and get a clear sight of the armoured hobgoblin. I'll resolve your actions once Reynwyn's posted his (he's just above you in initiative order).


Male Wood Elf Ranger Monster Slayer (Soldier)/4; AC: 16; HP: 36/36; Passive Perception 14; Init +4 (Adv); Saves: Str +2, Dex +6; HD Used 1/3

You can wheel me out to W0 for my initial shot.


Male Half-elf 4th Level Warlock | HP 26/26 (THP 7/7) | AC 15 | Str -1, Dex +2, Con +1, Int +2, Wis +3, Cha +6 | Init +2 | PPerc 13/16 | HD 4d8 | Spells: 2/2 | Conditions: Mage Armor

Reynwyn turns and immediately spots the hulking form, but before he could say anything an arrow suddenly sprouts from the monster's chest. Before he could react, the hobgoblin suddenly rushes Borric and the young half-elf hastily moves to attack. Reynwyn rapidly twirls his right hand, drawing some of the nearby darkness into the strange jewels in the eyes of the raven upon his hand. He takes quick aim and sends out a bolt of black energy streaking from the large jewel in the raven's mouth towards the hobgoblin. Unfortunately his haste to attack causes the bolt of energy to fly wide of its mark!

Eldritch Blast Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


Reynwyn's bolt of black energy flies past the humanoid's shoulder, but Signey rounds the back corner of the wagon and calls out upon Sharess' power.

Dex save (13): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

The flame of Sharess falls from the heavens, burning the hobgoblin where he stands. One eye is almost burnt closed, and Carric's arrow still protrudes from his shoulder. He does not look well.

All of a sudden, bows twang from the trees around you, and and the warcries of multiple guttural voices can be heard as the trees erupt with small, armed creatures!

If you speak Goblin...

In Goblin:
"Kill them! Get the magic ones!" "Gruzmal's almost a goner! Should we flee?" "Get the box! Or our mistress will be angry!" "Kill! Kill!"

@Reynwyn
Shortbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Dmg: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

@Lavina
Shortbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Dmg: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

A green-fletched arrow drives into Reynwyn's chest, and while his leather armour stops the arrow from penetrating too far into his flesh, he feels ribs crack under the power of the short-range attack. 7 damage!

Lavina has her attention on the hobgoblin, and as she raises her arms to begin casting an arrow strikes her in the back, just below her armpit. She staggers with a weak cry, nearly dropping to the ground.

Goblins rush from the trees, blades raised! One charges at Revjak, swinging lustily.
Scimitar: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Dmg: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

EDIT: Nearly forgot shield of faith...
The divine shield that Signey cast upon Revjak is all that stops the goblin's blade from slashing into the huge barbarian's leg.

Another charges from the other tree line at Piety.
Scimitar: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Dmg: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Crit Dmg: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Cripes! That's 9 hp of damage to Piety.

A third goblin darts from the tree near Carrick, swinging its blade with a panicked look on its face.
Scimitar: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Dmg: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Carric, caught by surprise, feels the goblin's scimitar slash across his midriff, the blood spraying in the moonlight...

There also seems to be a commotion at the left side of the front wagon, and you hear Gregin roar in anger.

Well, that was brutal. Sorry folks, I rolled like a demon there. Here's initiative order, Carric's up, then hobgoblin.

Initiative order:
Carric
Hobgoblin
Revjak
Piety
Reynwyn
Signey
Gobbos

BATTLE MAP


Male Wood Elf Ranger Monster Slayer (Soldier)/4; AC: 16; HP: 36/36; Passive Perception 14; Init +4 (Adv); Saves: Str +2, Dex +6; HD Used 1/3

Round 2

Carric draws his Shortsword and stabs at the goblin that injured him.

Ss Dam: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
SS Dam: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


The goblin desperately parries Carric's blow, squealing in fright.

Borric swings his longsword at the hobgoblin as it rears back to hit at him again...

Longsword: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Dmg: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

...but his blade slides off its chain mail ineffectually. The hobgoblin sees its moment...

Longsword: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Dmg: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

...and thrusts its blade with both hands into Borric's chest. He staggers back, a trickle of blood running out of his mouth, and the hobgoblin slides its weapon out of his flesh. Borric barely stays on his feet.

Lavina screams as the hobgoblin hits Borric and steps around him to position S11, so just off the map, raising her hands, her fingers fanned. She roars in an arcane language, and flames jet out from her fingers, washing over the hobgoblin and the goblin behind him.

Burning Hands: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 5, 5) = 16
Hobgoblin save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Goblin save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Both of the goblinoids fall, screaming horribly, and the smell of burning flesh fills the air instantly.

Revjak, Piety, Reynwyn, Signey, you're up! Map is basically the same as last time, except the hobbo and the gobbo at S10 and S9 respectively are gone, and Lavina is off the map at S11.


Male CG Human (Reghed) Barbarian 4 (Zealot) | HP: 47/47, Temp: 0/0 | AC: 14 (currently: 14) | Per +2, Stl +3, Srv +2 | Saves: Str +6*, Dex +1, Con +5*, Int -1, Wis +0, Cha -1 | Init: +1 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: No| Hit Dice: 4/4, 1d12+3 | Rage: 3/3 | Active conditions: Rage 0/10

Revjak sees the goblin's slash barely stopped by Signey's god words. And the shamaness in damger. His fury grows.

He steps back from the goblin, back to the caravan, then makes a break for Signey and her opponent, charging to skewer it with his glaive.

He shouts out loud in common:

"Greenskins, hear me! I am Revjak of the Elk, and I will fight you!"

Redjak rages as a bonus action, then moves 20' south to p8 to attack Sidney's goblin with his glaive. This presumably incurs an attack of opportunity from his original opponent.

Glaive versus Sidney's goblin: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Damage: 1d10 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 2 = 17


Cleric 1 | HP: 8/8 | AC13 (15 with Shield) | STR 0; DEX +2; CON 0; INT 0; WIS +3/+5; Cha +2/+4 | Spells 0/2x1st

Signey flinches as the big man comes charging towards her before seeing the goblin about to strike. As he cuts it down, she blows a searing kiss to another hiding in the trees.

I'm assuming Revjak's heavy blow there will take out the goblin engaged with me, if not, I'll blast that one instead

Sacred Flame at J3 1d8 ⇒ 7 DC13 Dex for no damage


Max HP: 40 | AC: 19 | Saves: Str: +5; Dex: -1; Con: +5; Int: +2; Wis: +1; Cha: -1 | Init -1 | Current Damage: -0 | Inspiration: [X]

Piety will swing one of his fists in to the Goblin threatening him.

Attack Roll: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 it's 4 damage if I hit.


Male Half-elf 4th Level Warlock | HP 26/26 (THP 7/7) | AC 15 | Str -1, Dex +2, Con +1, Int +2, Wis +3, Cha +6 | Init +2 | PPerc 13/16 | HD 4d8 | Spells: 2/2 | Conditions: Mage Armor

Ranged Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Ranged Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 Disadvantage roll for ranged attack in melee.
Force Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 5

Reynwyn gasps in surprise and pain as the arrow suddenly sprouts from his chest. He stares at the shaft in horror for a brief moment before he shakes off the surprise and allows the adrenaline to fuel his fight or flight reflex. He conjures more of the nearby darkness into his ring and blasts the goblin standing next to him and Piety with a bolt of utter darkness! He then throws his hands into the air and beseeches his patron. "Protect me, milady!" Suddenly a swarm of spirit-like ravens surround the young half-elf and make it difficult for the goblins to strike at him! He then quickly rushes at the nearby archer goblin, drawing one of his daggers as he moves!

Action - Casting Eldritch Blast and attacking at Disadvantage as above. Bonus Action - Casting Sanctuary and all enemies must succeed at a Wisdom save DC 13. Move - Provoking an AoO from T4 goblin as he rushes towards Y5 goblin, drawing out his dagger while he moves to Y6.


The goblin beside Revjak swings as the barbarian charges the enemy beside Signey.

Scimitar: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Dmg: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Resistance makes that 4 damage to Revjak.

Revjak shrugs off the blow, charges, and skewers the goblin next to Signey with his glaive, lifting the creature off the ground, then flinging it off his weapon and into the treeline.

Piety swings at the goblin in front of him, but it dodges underneath his heavy blow. Reynwyn then blasts it with his bolt of dark energy, and moves away towards the archer...

Wisdom save: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1

...but the swirling raven spirits confuse the wounded goblin, who cannot take advantage of Reynwyn's unprotected back.

Signey calls upon the power of her goddess once more...

Dex save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

...but the goblin archer rolls to the side just before the holy flames can strike it.

Sorry folks, I'm on the go... Goblins will take their turn soon.


The goblin archer in the trees (j4), having just evaded the burning light of Sharess, fires an arrow at Revjak.
Shortbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Dmg: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Once more, Signey's defensive spell protects Revjak from harm. The goblin behind Revjak charges forward...
Revjak: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Dmg: 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
...but Revjak spins suddenly, leading with his glaive, and the goblin's own force, coupled with the power of Revjak's thrust, causes it to impale itself, sliding halfway up the haft of the weapon.

The goblin beside Piety darts in under the golem's swing, slashing at his torso...
Scimitar: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
...but Piety raises a knee, catching the goblin's forearm, almost causing it to drop its weapon.

Wisdom save: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8
The goblin that Reyn has charged at attempts to get through the cordon of ghostly ravens, but can't seem to find an opening, wasting precious seconds in the attempt.

Having turned Carric's blade aside, the panicked goblin slashes wildly...
Scimitar: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
...but Carric takes a half-step back and watches the blade whistle past harmlessly.

That's more like my usual dice rolling prowess... With the hobgoblin down, you're all up. Fire away!

BATTLE MAP

Initiative order:
Carric
Revjak
Piety
Reynwyn
Signey
Gobbos


Male Wood Elf Ranger Monster Slayer (Soldier)/4; AC: 16; HP: 36/36; Passive Perception 14; Init +4 (Adv); Saves: Str +2, Dex +6; HD Used 1/3

Duelist

Round 2

Carric again stabs at the goblin that injured him.

SS Att: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
SS Dam: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Crappy rolling is obviously catchy...


Male CG Human (Reghed) Barbarian 4 (Zealot) | HP: 47/47, Temp: 0/0 | AC: 14 (currently: 14) | Per +2, Stl +3, Srv +2 | Saves: Str +6*, Dex +1, Con +5*, Int -1, Wis +0, Cha -1 | Init: +1 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: No| Hit Dice: 4/4, 1d12+3 | Rage: 3/3 | Active conditions: Rage 0/10

Revjak barely feels the stab from the goblin as he rushes forward, skewering the wretch threatening the shamaness Signey. Launching that goblin body from his glaive, he spins and skewers his former foe, it's eyes wide with shock as it dies.

And then he hears the arrow whizzing by his head. He locks eyes with the goblin archer in the tree - and charges, a wordless yell from his throat.

The fury is upon him, and the goblins will pay.

Move to k4 to ensure that he has reach up into the tree, then attack goblin archer. And spend a bonus action to smash archer with the solid steel-capped hardwood end of his glaive (with Polearm Master) should the goblin survive the first attack. 2nd round of rage, 8 remain so long as he keeps attacking and/or taking damage.

Glaive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Damage: 1d10 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 2 = 15 Slashing

Glaive End: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Damage: 1d4 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 = 11 Bludgeoning

I strongly suspect that archer is done for. ;)


And all that with a dying goblin still flopping around on the haft of your weapon!


Male CG Human (Reghed) Barbarian 4 (Zealot) | HP: 47/47, Temp: 0/0 | AC: 14 (currently: 14) | Per +2, Stl +3, Srv +2 | Saves: Str +6*, Dex +1, Con +5*, Int -1, Wis +0, Cha -1 | Init: +1 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: No| Hit Dice: 4/4, 1d12+3 | Rage: 3/3 | Active conditions: Rage 0/10

Well, Revjak did say he would fight them. A goblin corpse isn't going to slow him down so much. ;)


Cleric 1 | HP: 8/8 | AC13 (15 with Shield) | STR 0; DEX +2; CON 0; INT 0; WIS +3/+5; Cha +2/+4 | Spells 0/2x1st

Seeing the large warrior rush off towards her target in the trees Signey decides to focus her intent elsewhere.

What's the goblin at P1 doing? Move towards and burn that one, or if that's not relevant go aid Rey with his instead Sacred Flame: 1d8 ⇒ 5


Max HP: 40 | AC: 19 | Saves: Str: +5; Dex: -1; Con: +5; Int: +2; Wis: +1; Cha: -1 | Init -1 | Current Damage: -0 | Inspiration: [X]

Piety again tries to smash his fist through the Goblin's brainpan.

Attack Roll: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 again, 4 damage if I hit.


@Signey the goblin at p1 is squeaking in panic, barely holding off an angry Gregin. You can go for it, or the one facing Reynwyn. Which would you rather?

Also, as a heads up, Lavina and Borric are effectively out of the battle; both have taken serious hits and have 3 hp or less, and as they aren't near any of the action they are basically huddling behind the last wagon trying to stay out of further trouble.


Cleric 1 | HP: 8/8 | AC13 (15 with Shield) | STR 0; DEX +2; CON 0; INT 0; WIS +3/+5; Cha +2/+4 | Spells 0/2x1st

Go for Reys' then, then I'll be on hand to bring him back if he drops too, move to U7 or there-abouts.


Carric and his opponent continue to dance around each other; well, Carric dances, the goblin grunts and yelps, swinging its scimitar like a mad dervish. Still, its adrenalin-fuelled frenzy serves to keep Carric's deft strokes at bay.

Revjak completely decimates the archer in the tree (I didn't have him in the tree, but it's an excellent idea!). As it falls to the ground in two pieces, Revjak shakes the other limply twitching goblin from the haft of his polearm and turns to look for more prey, a snarl on his lips.

Piety is again confounded by his nimble adversary, unable to land any effective strikes on the little beast.


Male Half-elf 4th Level Warlock | HP 26/26 (THP 7/7) | AC 15 | Str -1, Dex +2, Con +1, Int +2, Wis +3, Cha +6 | Init +2 | PPerc 13/16 | HD 4d8 | Spells: 2/2 | Conditions: Mage Armor

Reynwyn lets out a heavy sigh of relief as his protection continues to hold, but he knows its not perfect and should he go on the offensive the ravens will disappear. He glances down at the arrow shaft still protruding from his chest, wincing with each breath. He remains in the face of the nearby goblin, hoping to keep its attention, but focuses on defending himself against further attacks!

Using the Dodge action for this round.


Reynwyn holds his dagger before him, feinting, threatening, but focusing on staying out of the goblin's strike zone. He feints again, then sidesteps as the goblin thrusts in response. As he does, Signey invokes Sharess once more, calling the flames down upon Reynwyn's opponent.

Dex save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

The flames engulf the beastly little creature, and it screams in pain and anger.

Then, suddenly, an ululating warcry comes from the left hand side of the front wagon, and the response from the goblins is immediate. Their interest in battle is suddenly gone, and they uniformly turn tail and flee to the nearest tree line, haring off in every direction.

The goblins are using their Nimble Escape trait to disengage and Dash away. They all seem to be heading in separate directions. Revjak, can you please make a Perception check.

In addition, you hear Gregin and Sillon both yelling somewhere up near the front of the lead wagon.


Male CG Human (Reghed) Barbarian 4 (Zealot) | HP: 47/47, Temp: 0/0 | AC: 14 (currently: 14) | Per +2, Stl +3, Srv +2 | Saves: Str +6*, Dex +1, Con +5*, Int -1, Wis +0, Cha -1 | Init: +1 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: No| Hit Dice: 4/4, 1d12+3 | Rage: 3/3 | Active conditions: Rage 0/10

Perception: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 - Should have been a D20, but even doubled, that would still be a 4

General Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


In addition to Revjak's specific Perception check, can everyone (including Revjak) make a DC 10 Wis (Perception) check to look under the following spoiler:

Perception DC 10:
The ululating warcry mentioned above was made by a goblin voice, not some new, terrifying adversary.


Revjak of the Elk wrote:
[dice=Perception]1d10+2

Lol way too much goblin blood in your eyes :)


Male CG Human (Reghed) Barbarian 4 (Zealot) | HP: 47/47, Temp: 0/0 | AC: 14 (currently: 14) | Per +2, Stl +3, Srv +2 | Saves: Str +6*, Dex +1, Con +5*, Int -1, Wis +0, Cha -1 | Init: +1 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: No| Hit Dice: 4/4, 1d12+3 | Rage: 3/3 | Active conditions: Rage 0/10

Revjak roars as the goblins flee and begins the first steps of a chase, but retains enough sense to realise the fury untamed would just have him run into a trap.

So he allows the fury to fade, as he turns, and jogs back towards the others, heading for the shouting at the front of the caravan.

Aye! I'm just thinking that in future you might put character-specific information into separate spoilers, to save on back and forth posting.


Male Half-elf 4th Level Warlock | HP 26/26 (THP 7/7) | AC 15 | Str -1, Dex +2, Con +1, Int +2, Wis +3, Cha +6 | Init +2 | PPerc 13/16 | HD 4d8 | Spells: 2/2 | Conditions: Mage Armor

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Reynwyn thinks for a moment to fire off a blast of eldritch energy at the retreating goblins, but then he hears the warcry and realizes it was another goblin voice. He immediately rushes back to the wagons, keeping his swirling ravens as long as he can. "Quick, everyone on the wagons! Those are more goblins, we must hurry away from here!" He gasps in pain as his shouts cause his lungs to swell against the broken ribs and he stumbles for a moment, but the adrenaline coursing through his body helps him to maintain for footing for now.


Lavina is sobbing as she and Borric help each other towards the front of the wagons; they are both seriously wounded, her with a goblin arrow protruding from under her left arm, him with a stab wound in his upper chest. Gregin stands up on the driver's seat of the front wagon, casting his eyes around to take stock of the situation. Seeing that everyone is at least still on their feet, he calls out, "The boss is wounded!" He jumps down immediately and goes to the door to Kehlann's wagon (the front one) on the left hand side.


Male Wood Elf Ranger Monster Slayer (Soldier)/4; AC: 16; HP: 36/36; Passive Perception 14; Init +4 (Adv); Saves: Str +2, Dex +6; HD Used 1/3

Carric peers after the retreating goblin.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Recognizing more goblins afield, he redraws his bow and moves to the front wagon. Carric is dripping blood from the slash across his midriff.


As Carric (and anyone else who wants to) heads to the front wagon, he sees Gregin hovering near the side door. Moving closer, he can see Sillon inside, cradling Kehlann in his arms, holding a large cloth to the merchant's stomach. Kehlann's face is screwed up in pain, and sweat stands on his brow. Carric can tell that he's still feverish.

As he sees the elf, he holds out a hand feebly. "They took it," he hisses through clenched teeth. "The box, the package. They took it. They knew. We must get it back. We must... get it to..." His head lolls back and he passes out.

Sillon looks up, his face drawn with worry. "Where's the devout one? He needs her healing!"


Male CG Human (Reghed) Barbarian 4 (Zealot) | HP: 47/47, Temp: 0/0 | AC: 14 (currently: 14) | Per +2, Stl +3, Srv +2 | Saves: Str +6*, Dex +1, Con +5*, Int -1, Wis +0, Cha -1 | Init: +1 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: No| Hit Dice: 4/4, 1d12+3 | Rage: 3/3 | Active conditions: Rage 0/10

As Revjak reaches the front, he makes sure that he is not in the way of the devout one.

He straps his glaive to his back, and draws a javelin. Ready to throw it at any goblin or other foe who comes near the caravan.

He keeps a watchful eye on the dark woods.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


So we're out of combat... at least for now... Here comes the fun part! 4 gobbos and a hobgoblin down, that's 300 xp, + 50 for the wounded ones and just because. That's 70 xp each.

Also, you all did a great job of RPing your character in that battle, but as I'm not giving out inspiration to everyone every battle, I'm going to pick one of you for this, your first battle as a team... And the the lucky winner of the inspiration point is, by a whisker, Revjak, smasher of gobbos.

1 to 50 of 1,778 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / City of Splendors Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.