Strike the Earth: Histories of Greed and Determination

Game Master djdust

A Dwarf Fortress Inspired Kingdom Building Campaign

Campaign Reference
Campaign Map
Battle Maps
Party Inventory


1,451 to 1,486 of 1,486 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>

Male LG Dwarf Inquisitor of Trudd (Exarch, Preacher) 3 | HP: 28/30 Non-lethal: 0 | AC: 16 (10 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 14 | F: +8, R: +1, W: +8 | Init: +5 | Perc: +9, SM: +10 | Speed 20ft | Judgement: 1/2 | Spells: 1st 4/4| Determination: 1/2 per Day |Active conditions:

Goggeck glares at the chest, as if daring it to unleash its dangers.

He then turns towards Brunhild.

"Brunhild, there is a trap built into this chest. Can you disarm it? If not, I suggest that we all stand back and have Glor smash off the hinges from afar."


Female Gnome Oracle 3 | HP 24/24 | AC: 19 (T: 13, can't be FF)| Saves (+2 vs illusions): F:+4, R:+4, W:+3 | BAB: +2, CMB: +0, CMD: +12, | Init: +6 | Perc. +6, SM +8 | Spells: (1st) 3/6
Goggeck Ghack wrote:
"Adu, I could use healing.", replies Goggeck.

"Of course! Give me just a moment." Adu quickly chants the spell and healing energy washes over Goggeck.

CLW: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Occultist VMC Magus (3) Wounds (5) HP (27) Saves (6/5/6, +2 Hardy) AC23 (20/13/17) CMD (18) Lvl 1 (4/4) Transmutation (4/4) Abjuration (4/4) Arcane Pool (3/4)

”So long as it isn’t magical, aye. That I’m not nearly skilled enough for.”

DD: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21


Male LG Dwarf Inquisitor of Trudd (Exarch, Preacher) 3 | HP: 28/30 Non-lethal: 0 | AC: 16 (10 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 14 | F: +8, R: +1, W: +8 | Init: +5 | Perc: +9, SM: +10 | Speed 20ft | Judgement: 1/2 | Spells: 1st 4/4| Determination: 1/2 per Day |Active conditions:

Goggeck nods appreciately at Adu before giving Brunhild a supportive clap on the shoulder.

Guidance for +1 to that roll. HP 28/30


Male Gnome Bard 3 Armor Class 17, T 13, FF15 | Hit Points 24/24 | Saves: F +3, R +5, W +4, +2 vs illusions | Init +2 | Perc +8

Toulbe bowed his head to the Wolf Leader "It is much appreciated, I will do my best to take care of your pupp and see that he only gets into so much trouble. After all, you can't learn without doing and having fun. Still, it is a shame you don't wish to journey with us but I understand the difficulties of leaving that which is your home and comfort." he said smiling.

"We will be in the area for some time, I believe there is an Orc infestation that we must deal with for the betterment of all living creatures." he said before looking back to his traveling group. "The wolves will help us for as long as we remain in their territory, this should help us bolster our reserves before we go back underground." he said smiling though looking a little sad knowing there will be parting soon.


Male LG Dwarf Inquisitor of Trudd (Exarch, Preacher) 3 | HP: 28/30 Non-lethal: 0 | AC: 16 (10 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 14 | F: +8, R: +1, W: +8 | Init: +5 | Perc: +9, SM: +10 | Speed 20ft | Judgement: 1/2 | Spells: 1st 4/4| Determination: 1/2 per Day |Active conditions:

"Excellent. These hounds know better than to trust orcs!"


Info | Battle Maps

Brunhild sees that the key-hole plate is proliferated with a screen of tiny holes. Her guess is the trap is mechanical, and designed to release a poison inhalant of sorts when sprung. Carefully, she feels around with sensitive tools, and is just able to keep the trigger depressed as the key clicks into place.

The chest opens safely, revealing a cache of Gold: 5d20 ⇒ (10, 14, 9, 18, 19) = 70 and a crude map. Adu compares the map to her notes and finds it correlates roughly to what she know of the Flatiron Hills. Most significantly there is a crude drawing of what looks a dragon of sorts and a cave in the northern reaches of the Flatiron Hills.

The map scores you 5 Discovery Points for the Flatiron Hills Region, and you've uncovered a new location Dragon Lair?

Brunhild also recovers a glass vail containing a pale pinkish gas.

Craft Alchemy DC 19:
These toxic fumes are known as Sweetdream.


Male LG Dwarf Inquisitor of Trudd (Exarch, Preacher) 3 | HP: 28/30 Non-lethal: 0 | AC: 16 (10 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 14 | F: +8, R: +1, W: +8 | Init: +5 | Perc: +9, SM: +10 | Speed 20ft | Judgement: 1/2 | Spells: 1st 4/4| Determination: 1/2 per Day |Active conditions:

"Quite the find! We should not ignore this map. I say that we scout this location."


Male Dwarf GeoKineticist 3 Armor Class 17, T 13, FF14 | Hit Points 28/32 | Saves: F +8, R +7, W +5, +2 vs. poison, +4 vs. spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +3 | Perc +9/+11 stonework, Sense Motive +8

Glor develops a greedy gleam for a moment at the map, but it fades and he adds. Aye, there be much allure ta findin a dragon's lair, there be. An we canno allow such a beast ta loiter in our backyard. But there needs ta be a priority ta all o' this and I say its orcs what are at the top. Still, havin a peak as we go by would only me good use o' time, right?


Info | Battle Maps

Lemme lay out some options for you. This isn't an exhaustive list:
1) First things first, you are in Hex B5, which is yet to be explored, so, spend the rest of the day exploring B5.
2) The map suggests the dragons lair is to the north. You've already explored B2, so you may assume the lair is in B1, which is in the opposite way you're supposed to be heading (towards C6).
3) You could take B4 to get to B1, might as well knock that hex out too, for the completionist, help Adu get her gazetteer done.
4) There's an abandoned mine somewhere in the Flatiron Hills Girtul asked that you find for him.
5) Screw these Flatiron Hills Sidequests! Let's go kill us some orcs! Head toward C6!


Male Dwarf GeoKineticist 3 Armor Class 17, T 13, FF14 | Hit Points 28/32 | Saves: F +8, R +7, W +5, +2 vs. poison, +4 vs. spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +3 | Perc +9/+11 stonework, Sense Motive +8

Would be nice to get better gear and level up before facing a dragon or a horde of orcs. So sidequests might be smart...


Male LG Dwarf Inquisitor of Trudd (Exarch, Preacher) 3 | HP: 28/30 Non-lethal: 0 | AC: 16 (10 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 14 | F: +8, R: +1, W: +8 | Init: +5 | Perc: +9, SM: +10 | Speed 20ft | Judgement: 1/2 | Spells: 1st 4/4| Determination: 1/2 per Day |Active conditions:

"Prioritising makes sense. How about we finish exploring this area first?"


Male Gnome Bard 3 Armor Class 17, T 13, FF15 | Hit Points 24/24 | Saves: F +3, R +5, W +4, +2 vs illusions | Init +2 | Perc +8

Toulbe hearing the dwarves start to titter a bit over something nodded to the wolves. He started to walk away and then came back before his magic flew away "When I come to need you, I wont always be able to speak to you. But I will let out a great clatter. Come the moon tonight, when the fire is high and the food is cooked. I will let you know the signal to let you know we are in the area and would like to travel with you " he said before he ran off to find out what got the dwarves excited.

He came running up like a kid to the candy clerk. "Something exciting and curious has been found hasnt it!!! Can we do it? I hope it's not more bugbears. I have had enough of those. I hope it's hints to finding a great market!" he said looking up at the Dwarves gathered.


Male Dwarf Brawler (constructed pugilist, steel-breaker, winding path renegade) 3

"Any but the youngest of dragons would, I suspect, be more than a match for our plucky little band. Still, it would be unwise to leave such a creature in our rear. I think we should scout it out, but very carefully, and try not to let it know we're here." Hezekh stops, but the shrugs. "Who knows though, it might be one of the good ones." he says, but doesn't look very convinced.


Occultist VMC Magus (3) Wounds (5) HP (27) Saves (6/5/6, +2 Hardy) AC23 (20/13/17) CMD (18) Lvl 1 (4/4) Transmutation (4/4) Abjuration (4/4) Arcane Pool (3/4)

”Aye...let us carefully scout it out. Anything but a wee youngling would make us vanish in a puff of smoke and ash. But we must know what dangers abound.”


Female Gnome Oracle 3 | HP 24/24 | AC: 19 (T: 13, can't be FF)| Saves (+2 vs illusions): F:+4, R:+4, W:+3 | BAB: +2, CMB: +0, CMD: +12, | Init: +6 | Perc. +6, SM +8 | Spells: (1st) 3/6

As the dwarves discuss what to do Adu remains quiet, her brain whirring. I've never spoken to a dragon before. Is my Draconic good enough or would my accent be insulting? I wonder what kind of dragon it is? Is it young or has it been around for hundreds and hundreds of years? What kinds of artifacts might it own?

Not that even Adu would be foolish enough to steal from a dragon. But maybe she could do some cataloging while they're there? (With permission, of course.)

She pulls out her notes and studies them. The completionist in her won't let her suggest going straight for the dragon. "I think we can check out the dragon while also looking for that mine Girtul wanted. As long as we explore thoroughly along the way, we should discover any other secrets these hills hold."

Voting to explore B5 first, then move to B4.


Male Gnome Bard 3 Armor Class 17, T 13, FF15 | Hit Points 24/24 | Saves: F +3, R +5, W +4, +2 vs illusions | Init +2 | Perc +8

Toulbe's eyes lit up as the others discussed the itinerary. The thought of tracking down a dragon and the potential to explore new heights of cuisine got him practically vibrating. He squealed and ran back to his cart as he began to look over everything to make sure he might have something for any occasion.

He pulled out a bag and it seemed he had found what he had been looking for. He unfolded the fishing net and began looking it over to check for any tears or breaks in the net. He'd make sure to carry it and be prepared in case it was a young dragon with wings. You gotta be careful with flying creatures and restrict them quickly after all.

He began looking over his rope and other equipment that might be useful in catching a dragon like his various alchemical flasks.


Info | Battle Maps

Looks like finish exploring B5 first. Go ahead and make any exploration appropriate skill rolls, or use any spells or special abilities you think might help!


Male LG Dwarf Inquisitor of Trudd (Exarch, Preacher) 3 | HP: 28/30 Non-lethal: 0 | AC: 16 (10 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 14 | F: +8, R: +1, W: +8 | Init: +5 | Perc: +9, SM: +10 | Speed 20ft | Judgement: 1/2 | Spells: 1st 4/4| Determination: 1/2 per Day |Active conditions:

Goggeck sets himself to the task of further exploring the local area, assisted by his divine gifts.

Survival, guidance: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 = 6 +1 if tracking


Male Dwarf Brawler (constructed pugilist, steel-breaker, winding path renegade) 3

Knowledge(Local): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Hezekh's knowledge of the local area is, unfortunately, rather poor.


Occultist VMC Magus (3) Wounds (5) HP (27) Saves (6/5/6, +2 Hardy) AC23 (20/13/17) CMD (18) Lvl 1 (4/4) Transmutation (4/4) Abjuration (4/4) Arcane Pool (3/4)

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Brunhild kept her eyes sharp, feeling rather foolish for her lack of proper preparation in their last battle. She was determined to do better.


Male Gnome Bard 3 Armor Class 17, T 13, FF15 | Hit Points 24/24 | Saves: F +3, R +5, W +4, +2 vs illusions | Init +2 | Perc +8

Survival: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
+2 if the wolf bonus is applicable

Toulbe starts back up the caravan and tries his best to navigate the harsh enviroment.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Gnome Oracle 3 | HP 24/24 | AC: 19 (T: 13, can't be FF)| Saves (+2 vs illusions): F:+4, R:+4, W:+3 | BAB: +2, CMB: +0, CMD: +12, | Init: +6 | Perc. +6, SM +8 | Spells: (1st) 3/6

Adu continues to sit on the wagon, making notes on the areas they pass through. She's quite content to let the others do the difficult job of navigating a foreign environment. Her job is to make it easier for anyone who comes later.

Let's see. That ridge looks impassible, but a mile further west the slope steadies and you could get wagons down without too much trouble. Getting back up again...well we'll figure that out later. There's a game trail winding from north to south that could easily be turned into a proper road. That rock formation is particularly distinctive, make a note of that, it's a good landmark...

She happily writes down everyone's findings, organizing them into a semi-coherent description of the region.

Linguistics: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27


Male Dwarf GeoKineticist 3 Armor Class 17, T 13, FF14 | Hit Points 28/32 | Saves: F +8, R +7, W +5, +2 vs. poison, +4 vs. spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +3 | Perc +9/+11 stonework, Sense Motive +8

Might be there is somethin worth diggin up here 'bouts. Glor says as he picks up a pinch of dirt and tastes it.

Prospector's Eye (Profession (miner): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Prospector's Eye:

Whenever exploring a hex, Glor can make a Profession (Miner) skill check to search for veins of metal ore or clusters of gems. The GM will determine the success of the search, what materials are discovered, and the value of the materials obtained based on the roll and environmental factors. Using the Prospector's Eye ability requires a full day of exploration.


Info | Battle Maps

The coyote pack shows Toulbe some game trails and vantage points. On one such outing, Brunhild tags along and spots the remnants of old wagon ruts, leading in a Northwest-Southeast bearing.
You earn +1 Discovery Point, which bring your total for the Flatiron Hills to 7.

By tasting the dirt, Glor finds an outcropping of rock with inclusions of blue-green colored mica glittering in the sunlight. It stands out so much from the iron-red hillsides, that he gathers a sample with a pick, to find a vein of tetrahedrite, an ore of both copper and silver, running underneath. He’s able to unearth 2d10 ⇒ (1, 7) = 8 pounds of the stuff.

Adu adds it all together and is getting a pretty good feeling for this terrain. Adu is one step closer to finishing her gazetteer. She wonders about the dragon on the bugbear’s map. How far wide is its hunting ground?

GM Screen:

6d6 ⇒ (1, 3, 1, 3, 4, 3) = 15
1d10 ⇒ 6
1d20 ⇒ 2
1d3 ⇒ 3

As the group moves the wagons from one shady spot to another, they are set upon by three giant ants!

Get ready! Map and Initiatives to be posted soon!


Info | Battle Maps

Map is up! Slide 14!

Initiatives:

Adu: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Brunhild: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Glor: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Goggeck: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Hezekh: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Toulbe: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Giant Ants: 1d20 ⇒ 14

Round 1: Bold May Act!
Goggeck (2dmg)
Glor

Giant Ants (Red; Yellow; Blue)
Toulbe
Adu
Hezekh (4dmg, 1 Negative Level)
Brunhild (5dmg)


Male LG Dwarf Inquisitor of Trudd (Exarch, Preacher) 3 | HP: 28/30 Non-lethal: 0 | AC: 16 (10 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 14 | F: +8, R: +1, W: +8 | Init: +5 | Perc: +9, SM: +10 | Speed 20ft | Judgement: 1/2 | Spells: 1st 4/4| Determination: 1/2 per Day |Active conditions:

Goggeck sees the first of the ants approach the caravan from in front.

He immediately moves to counter and destroy it!

Charge and PA with Longhammer vs Giant Ant: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 2 = 21

Damage: 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (5, 2) + 9 = 16

AOO:

PA with Longhammer: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Damage: 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (6, 5) + 9 = 20


Male Dwarf GeoKineticist 3 Armor Class 17, T 13, FF14 | Hit Points 28/32 | Saves: F +8, R +7, W +5, +2 vs. poison, +4 vs. spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +3 | Perc +9/+11 stonework, Sense Motive +8

Glor it torn. On one hand these creatures are of the earth. But on the other they are mindless vermin that could harm his friends. Using Deadly Aim he fires a blast of earth at the blue ant hoping to take it down. After the shot he steps back.

earth blast: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 7 - 1 = 222d6 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (1, 6) + 10 + 2 = 19


Male Dwarf Brawler (constructed pugilist, steel-breaker, winding path renegade) 3

I should mention, for future reference, that Hezekh has the Treasure Sense alternate racial trait, which might allow him to help Glor on things like the above, though I'm not sure what I'd roll. Maybe just give him a bonus on his roll if I'm there to assist?

Treasure Sense: Some dwarves have learned to sense the presence of material wealth with dragonlike precision. This ability functions as scent, except it can detect only precious metals (copper, silver, and gold) and creatures primarily made of such materials. This trait replaces stability and stonecunning


Info | Battle Maps

Thank's Hezekh, I'll keep it in mind!

Goggeck rushes forward and smashes the ant's thorax with a crushing blow. The pest s badly hurt but still in fighting condition.

Glor is also quick to act, and his impeccable earthen blast drops the ant at the fore of the wagon train.

The rear ant moves forward, piercing mandibles open for Goggeck, but Goggeck is quick with his hammer and swings again as the ant marches in. he splatters the ant across the canyon floor.

Only one ant remains, and it skitters down the rocks toward the donkeys pulling the smaller wagon.
Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
dmg: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Grab: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
HeeHaw! the donkey bays in pain as the ant's scythe-like mandibles sink in and hold on.

I should probably describe the scene. You are escorting the wagons through a narrow canyon, rocky slopes on either side. The climbing rules from the previous encounter still apply. Goggeck took care of the ant at the rear, Glor took care of the ant at the front. The middle ant is going after your pack animals. Toulbe and Adu are driving the bigger wagon that Bistro is hitched to.

Round 1: Bold May Act!
Goggeck (2dmg)
Glor
Giant Ants (Red: Grappled))
Toulbe
Adu
Hezekh (4dmg, 1 Negative Level)
Brunhild (5dmg)

Donkey (8dmg, Grappled)


Occultist VMC Magus (3) Wounds (5) HP (27) Saves (6/5/6, +2 Hardy) AC23 (20/13/17) CMD (18) Lvl 1 (4/4) Transmutation (4/4) Abjuration (4/4) Arcane Pool (3/4)

Hit, swift action arcane pool: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Having been caught off guard, she wasn’t able to fully awaken the runes on her bow. Seeing the danger that their donkey was in (far too useful a beast to lose!) she opted to just start firing. Adding but a minor enchantment, she let loose an arrow.


Female Gnome Oracle 3 | HP 24/24 | AC: 19 (T: 13, can't be FF)| Saves (+2 vs illusions): F:+4, R:+4, W:+3 | BAB: +2, CMB: +0, CMD: +12, | Init: +6 | Perc. +6, SM +8 | Spells: (1st) 3/6

Hearing the donkey scream, Adu scrambles off the wagon to try and line up a shot with her crossbow. "Hey! That's our donkey, not your food! Leave him alone!"

Move action to get into position, another to load the crossbow.


Male Dwarf Brawler (constructed pugilist, steel-breaker, winding path renegade) 3

Could you repost those climbing rules? I think I'm going to need them to get tho the ant. Got wagons and pack animals in the way otherwise.


Info | Battle Maps

From the last battle: A note about the map. Each ledge denotes a roughly 10ft change in elevation. It's a DC 15 Climb check to climb up or down a ledge, or a DC 15 Acrobatics check to jump off a ledge and not land on your face. Anything that looks like smaller rocks and boulders is difficult terrain, and can possibly be used as cover.

Brunhild’s enchanted arrow strikes the last of the giant ants as it grips onto the donkey. Adu gets into position to take an effective shot.

Round 1: Bold May Act!
Goggeck (2dmg)
Glor
Giant Ants (Red: 8dmg, Grappled))
Toulbe
Adu
Hezekh (4dmg, 1 Negative Level)
Brunhild (5dmg)
Donkey (8dmg, Grappled)

Toulbe and Hezekh are go!


Male Gnome Bard 3 Armor Class 17, T 13, FF15 | Hit Points 24/24 | Saves: F +3, R +5, W +4, +2 vs illusions | Init +2 | Perc +8

Toulbe stands up in his cart and looks at the Ant, this was not good. "Hey! No, bad Ant! We're not a picnic!"

He takes a deep breathe and lets out an Ear Piercing Scream that only the Ant could hear? With it's...Ant Feelers?

EPS DC 14 or be dazed: 1d6 ⇒ 6


Info | Battle Maps

Ant Fort: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Toulbe screeches in a pitch only perceptible to giant ants. The compressed airwaves crack the ant's exoskeleton, but the ant shakes off any other effects. It retains its hold on the poor donkey.

Round 1: Bold May Act!
Goggeck (2dmg)
Glor
Giant Ants (Red: 11dmg, Grappled))
Toulbe
Adu
Hezekh (4dmg, 1 Negative Level)
Brunhild (5dmg)
Donkey (8dmg, Grappled)

Can hezekh finish it off?

1,451 to 1,486 of 1,486 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Strike the Earth: Histories of Greed and Determination All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.