Strike the Earth: Histories of Greed and Determination

Game Master djdust

A Dwarf Fortress Inspired Kingdom Building Campaign

Campaign Reference
Campaign Map
Battle Maps
Party Inventory


1,551 to 1,600 of 1,631 << first < prev | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | next > last >>

Male Gnome Bard 4 Armor Class 18, T 13, FF16 | Hit Points 31/31 | Saves: F +4, R +7, W +6, +2 vs illusions | Init +2 | Perc +8

Survival: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

This is a sad day.


Male LG Dwarf Inquisitor of Trudd (Exarch, Preacher) 4 | HP: 30/30 /42 Non-lethal: 0 | AC: 17 (10 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 15 | F: +10 (+8), R: +1, W: +9 | Init: +5 | Perc: +10, SM: +12 | Speed 20ft | Judgement: 2/2 | Spells: 1st 3/4 2nd 0/2| Determination: 2/2 per Day |Active conditions: Con Damage 5

Goggeck decides to join in the search for surface meats.

Survival: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 31/31 | AC: 20 (T: 13, can't be FF)| Saves (+2 vs illusions): F:+4, R:+4, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +1, CMD: +13, | Init: +6 | Perc. +8, SM +10 | Spells: (1st) 7/7, (2nd) 4/4

Adu has absolutely no interest in hunting animals. Hunting a mine, though, that sounds exciting. "An iron mine? Do you think anyone's working it? Does anyone actually live in this area other than goblins?" She gasps as the logical conclusion comes to her. "Could this be a goblin mine?!"

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

While the incessant questions likely distract the dwarves at critical moments, (and no doubt also leave them contemplating the pros and cons of murder), Adu's sharp eyes prove to be surprisingly good at noticing little changes in the rock.


Male Dwarf Brawler 4| HP: 35/35 Non-lethal: 0 | AC: 16 (11 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18/17 FF| F: +6, R: +5, W: +3 | Init: +0 | Perc: +8, SM: +7 |
Toulbe Hilnack wrote:
Toulbe will be hunting probably Deer, rabbits, squirrels, that kind of thing. Though, if he has the whole pack of wolves, he might be willing to hunt bigger game like a bear or buffalo or the like. Not 100% sure what would be native to the area. I suppose even Mountain goats aren't out of the question?

I imagine Bistro might not be super-keen on the idea of wolves hunting buffalo in the immediate area.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Hezekh shakes his head at Adu's incessant questioning. Bloody gnomes. I can't concentrate with all this noise.


Male Gnome Bard 4 Armor Class 18, T 13, FF16 | Hit Points 31/31 | Saves: F +4, R +7, W +6, +2 vs illusions | Init +2 | Perc +8

I mean Bistro isn't super keen on the wolves period. But should that end up being a thing, well...Bistro will understand that he is not on the menu and it's out of necessity.


Male Dwarf GeoKineticist 4 Armor Class 18, T 13, FF15 | Hit Points 42/42 | Saves: F +9, R +8, W +5, +2 vs. poison, +4 vs. spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +7 | Perc +11/+13stonework, Sense Motive +10

Glor squints in the bright light and sniffs deeply of the air.

Stonecunning Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22


Info | Battle Maps

GM Screen:

6d8 ⇒ (5, 6, 6, 7, 2, 5) = 31

Toulbe leads the hunt, but it proves unsuccessful. The coyotes show up with a single jackrabbit they caught. It isn't much, but enough for a hearty stew for the night. The coyotes explain, these are the hunting grounds for the giant ants, which means there's very little prey to go around. The coyotes don't like hunting here, too much competition.

Meanwhile, it is Glor who follows his dwarven senses and finds the way to the lost mine entrance. It lies in the back of a deep canyon. The site has been cleared of all vegetation, and piles of rock and rubble dot the terrain.

Also, the place is absolutely crawling with giant ants. It looks as if the ants have taken the mine over and turned it into their nest.

The map is finished I just have to upload it to google drive. But I'll let y'all decide if you want to take on a giant ant colony or not.


Male Dwarf GeoKineticist 4 Armor Class 18, T 13, FF15 | Hit Points 42/42 | Saves: F +9, R +8, W +5, +2 vs. poison, +4 vs. spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +7 | Perc +11/+13stonework, Sense Motive +10

This canno' stand. Vermin be crawling all over good ore. Its not right I say. Glor looks quite upset as he paces back and forth and points at the mine's entrance.


Occultist VMC Magus (4) Wounds (0) HP (34) Saves (8/6/8, +2 Hardy) AC23 (21/13/18) CMD (19) Lvl 1 (4/4) Lvl 2 (2/2) Transmutation (5/6) Abjuration (4/4) Arcane Pool (4/5)

”Look at it this way. They are keeping goblins and the like out until we can bring in enough dwarves to run the mine. If we clear them out now, who knows what will move in? They are a problem for another day.”


Male Gnome Bard 4 Armor Class 18, T 13, FF16 | Hit Points 31/31 | Saves: F +4, R +7, W +6, +2 vs illusions | Init +2 | Perc +8

Toulbe looked over at the situation once he came back with such paltry supplies. He tilted his head a bit as he thought "Well, I know this is a bit odd, but insects can be a delicacy to some. I met a frog man once who told me about a cricket pie? Still, though...I imagine with a bit of oil and seasoning, I could do something with ants. Maybe roll them in a bit of melted sugar and cinnamon then fry them in some oil. Could make for some delicious and rather nutritious trail food." he offered as he took the butcher knife out and gave a small cut on the rabbit before grabbing hold of the skin and ripping the pelt off.

Prof Cook: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28 Just rolling to see how decent he manages at butchering and preparing the meal. Not setting up bonuses. Of course, that's when I drop rocks.


Male LG Dwarf Inquisitor of Trudd (Exarch, Preacher) 4 | HP: 30/30 /42 Non-lethal: 0 | AC: 17 (10 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 15 | F: +10 (+8), R: +1, W: +9 | Init: +5 | Perc: +10, SM: +12 | Speed 20ft | Judgement: 2/2 | Spells: 1st 3/4 2nd 0/2| Determination: 2/2 per Day |Active conditions: Con Damage 5

"The vermin are disgusting but Brunhild is right. They keep out vile goblins and worse. At least until we arrive to clear it out. I say we mark it for later and move on."


Occultist VMC Magus (4) Wounds (0) HP (34) Saves (8/6/8, +2 Hardy) AC23 (21/13/18) CMD (19) Lvl 1 (4/4) Lvl 2 (2/2) Transmutation (5/6) Abjuration (4/4) Arcane Pool (4/5)

”And Toulbe, they can be part of our victory feast, eh?”


Info | Battle Maps

During the discussions, Toulbe neatly and cleanly butchers the large hare. He ends up with 1d6 ⇒ 3 lbs of jackrabbit meat, 1d3 ⇒ 1 lbs jackrabbit fat, 1 lb jackrabbit intestines, a jackrabbit skull, raw jackrabbit hide, and a jackrabbit foot, which, he's heard, is lucky.


Male Dwarf Brawler 4| HP: 35/35 Non-lethal: 0 | AC: 16 (11 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18/17 FF| F: +6, R: +5, W: +3 | Init: +0 | Perc: +8, SM: +7 |

"I'm with Brunhild and Goggeck. We can tackle this later."


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 31/31 | AC: 20 (T: 13, can't be FF)| Saves (+2 vs illusions): F:+4, R:+4, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +1, CMD: +13, | Init: +6 | Perc. +8, SM +10 | Spells: (1st) 7/7, (2nd) 4/4

"Works for me." Adu is somewhat disappointed to find the mine occupied by giant ants rather than goblins. You can't talk to ants.

Well, you can, but they don't talk back.

"So, if we're not exploring the mine, are we going to the dragon lair now?" Adu practically wiggles in excitement at the possibility of talking to an actual dragon.

I think our next step was heading to B1?


Male Dwarf GeoKineticist 4 Armor Class 18, T 13, FF15 | Hit Points 42/42 | Saves: F +9, R +8, W +5, +2 vs. poison, +4 vs. spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +7 | Perc +11/+13stonework, Sense Motive +10

Glor looks longingly at the mine but nods. Aye, right is right.


Male LG Dwarf Inquisitor of Trudd (Exarch, Preacher) 4 | HP: 30/30 /42 Non-lethal: 0 | AC: 17 (10 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 15 | F: +10 (+8), R: +1, W: +9 | Init: +5 | Perc: +10, SM: +12 | Speed 20ft | Judgement: 2/2 | Spells: 1st 3/4 2nd 0/2| Determination: 2/2 per Day |Active conditions: Con Damage 5

@Adu: I believe so.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Gnome Bard 4 Armor Class 18, T 13, FF16 | Hit Points 31/31 | Saves: F +4, R +7, W +6, +2 vs illusions | Init +2 | Perc +8

Toulbe looks at the rabbit's foot and scratches his head. He had heard these were lucky...but he'd also heard of a Chelaxian baron who would keep Halfling feet for the same reason and somehow losing a limb doesn't seem to lucky to him.

Still, who was he to twist the god's favor for such a possible blessing.

He'd get a bit of leather strips later off of some dinner and see about making a necklace.

He looked at the intestines. It'd be smarter to use the intestines to lure in some potential predator for more meat but then again the coyotes deserved a good meal as well.

He scratched his head a bit, before setting aside a pound of meat and the intestines for the pups before getting to work on the stew. He gave critters what all he could before rendering down all the fat and cooking the meat with an extra helping of veggies to make up for the missing pound of meat.

He set aside the other items in his wagon for the time being and back to the group in time to hear about their next objective. Shaking with nerves and excitement Toulbe rang the dinner bell. "Soup's on. Sadly, not much in the way for breakfast but we'll scrounge up what we can and maybe we'll have dragon for dinner![/b]" he said excitedly.


Male LG Dwarf Inquisitor of Trudd (Exarch, Preacher) 4 | HP: 30/30 /42 Non-lethal: 0 | AC: 17 (10 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 15 | F: +10 (+8), R: +1, W: +9 | Init: +5 | Perc: +10, SM: +12 | Speed 20ft | Judgement: 2/2 | Spells: 1st 3/4 2nd 0/2| Determination: 2/2 per Day |Active conditions: Con Damage 5

Goggeck tucks in.

"You make the most of what we find, Toulbe."


Info | Battle Maps

The Sharp End settles in for the night. The coyotes are thankful for their portion and stick to the perimeter of the camp. A wel fed pack of coyotes makes for good sentries.

The jack-rabbit stew is satisfying enough, and the promise of glory on the morrow makes for sweet dreams.

GM Screen:

6d8 ⇒ (7, 7, 2, 5, 7, 7) = 35

The night passes quietly, and everyone gets a full rest. Once camp is broken, the Sharp End moves on toward where the dragon's lair is marked on the bugbear's map.

B4 is cleared save for the Abandoned Mine. Moving onto B1. Again, you may spend the full day searching for the Dragon's Lair, or you may spend 8 out of your 10 Discovery Points to locate the lair immediately.


Occultist VMC Magus (4) Wounds (0) HP (34) Saves (8/6/8, +2 Hardy) AC23 (21/13/18) CMD (19) Lvl 1 (4/4) Lvl 2 (2/2) Transmutation (5/6) Abjuration (4/4) Arcane Pool (4/5)

Lets spend it, so we don’t alert the dragon by bumbling around


Male Dwarf GeoKineticist 4 Armor Class 18, T 13, FF15 | Hit Points 42/42 | Saves: F +9, R +8, W +5, +2 vs. poison, +4 vs. spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +7 | Perc +11/+13stonework, Sense Motive +10

Reasonable.


Male LG Dwarf Inquisitor of Trudd (Exarch, Preacher) 4 | HP: 30/30 /42 Non-lethal: 0 | AC: 17 (10 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 15 | F: +10 (+8), R: +1, W: +9 | Init: +5 | Perc: +10, SM: +12 | Speed 20ft | Judgement: 2/2 | Spells: 1st 3/4 2nd 0/2| Determination: 2/2 per Day |Active conditions: Con Damage 5

I'm fine with that.


Male Dwarf Brawler 4| HP: 35/35 Non-lethal: 0 | AC: 16 (11 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18/17 FF| F: +6, R: +5, W: +3 | Init: +0 | Perc: +8, SM: +7 |

Works for me.


Male Gnome Bard 4 Armor Class 18, T 13, FF16 | Hit Points 31/31 | Saves: F +4, R +7, W +6, +2 vs illusions | Init +2 | Perc +8

Same, perfectly fine with that.


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 31/31 | AC: 20 (T: 13, can't be FF)| Saves (+2 vs illusions): F:+4, R:+4, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +1, CMD: +13, | Init: +6 | Perc. +8, SM +10 | Spells: (1st) 7/7, (2nd) 4/4

All aboard the 'spend those discovery points' train!


Info | Battle Maps

GM Screen:

1d3 ⇒ 3

The group moves northward, following the map found in the bugbear camp to what appears to be a dragon's lair. Using all the context clues they can, they soon enough come across a notch cut into a high cliff face. At the rear of the cleft, near the mesa top, is a cave. Animal bones are scattered about near the cave entrance.

It is high noon. Not a creature is stirring. The coyote pack is nowhere to be seen. It is deathly quiet.


Male LG Dwarf Inquisitor of Trudd (Exarch, Preacher) 4 | HP: 30/30 /42 Non-lethal: 0 | AC: 17 (10 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 15 | F: +10 (+8), R: +1, W: +9 | Init: +5 | Perc: +10, SM: +12 | Speed 20ft | Judgement: 2/2 | Spells: 1st 3/4 2nd 0/2| Determination: 2/2 per Day |Active conditions: Con Damage 5

Goggeck nods and begins to move towards the entrance, longhammer in hand.


Occultist VMC Magus (4) Wounds (0) HP (34) Saves (8/6/8, +2 Hardy) AC23 (21/13/18) CMD (19) Lvl 1 (4/4) Lvl 2 (2/2) Transmutation (5/6) Abjuration (4/4) Arcane Pool (4/5)

With Brunhild walking behind, bow at the ready.


Male Gnome Bard 4 Armor Class 18, T 13, FF16 | Hit Points 31/31 | Saves: F +4, R +7, W +6, +2 vs illusions | Init +2 | Perc +8

Toulbe is closer to the rear, his knees shaking with each step as he isn't quite as brave now that they are close.


Male Dwarf Brawler 4| HP: 35/35 Non-lethal: 0 | AC: 16 (11 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18/17 FF| F: +6, R: +5, W: +3 | Init: +0 | Perc: +8, SM: +7 |

Hezekh makes sure his crossbow is loaded, then moves with the others.


Male Dwarf GeoKineticist 4 Armor Class 18, T 13, FF15 | Hit Points 42/42 | Saves: F +9, R +8, W +5, +2 vs. poison, +4 vs. spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +7 | Perc +11/+13stonework, Sense Motive +10

Glor moves gracefully and quietly towards the entrance.

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 31/31 | AC: 20 (T: 13, can't be FF)| Saves (+2 vs illusions): F:+4, R:+4, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +1, CMD: +13, | Init: +6 | Perc. +8, SM +10 | Spells: (1st) 7/7, (2nd) 4/4

For once Adu manages to curb her tongue and walk quietly along with the others. They don't want to startle the dragon, but they also don't want to annoy it...and she is vaguely aware that she can be very annoying.

She keeps herself occupied by mentally rehearsing her Draconic.


Info | Battle Maps

So you’ve had two nights rest since the last combat, I assume everyone’s back to full HP?

GM Screen:

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
1d20 + 18 ⇒ (9) + 18 = 27

Glor leads the way in, taking care to tread lightly. The cave entrance is narrow with steep walls. It is mostly a straight shot back to the cavern, where a flickering firelight can be seen, as well as muffled voices are heard.

Just as Glor approaches the edge of the cavern, he sees two bugbears near a fire who turn to see him at the same time. The smashed remains of cages surround them, although a small few are left intake with wild animals trapped inside. The ground is strewn with the bones of past offerings.

A loud and tremendous, screeching roar fills the cavern, drawing attention up to a high rocky platform, raised 15 feet off the ground, about half way to the vaulted ceiling. On top is a large draconian creature with dark blue scales glinting in the firelight. It stands on two taloned feet and spreads its wings wide, a long tail whips behind, tipped with a hooked stinger. It roars again, challenging the intruders.

Kn. Arcana DC 16:
This is not a True Dragon, but a Wyvern, a brutish and wild cousin. Extremely aggressive and violent, diplomacy may not be effective, although this one seems to have bent a small band of bugbears to its will. This will truly be a brutal brawl.

Initiatives:

Adu: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Brunhild: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Glor: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Goggeck: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Hezekh: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Toulbe: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Bugbears: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Dragon?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Round 1: Bold May Act
Adu
Hezekh

Dragon?
Toulbe
Brunhild
Goggeck
Glor
Bugbears [Red, Blue]

Map is up, Slide 15!


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 31/31 | AC: 20 (T: 13, can't be FF)| Saves (+2 vs illusions): F:+4, R:+4, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +1, CMD: +13, | Init: +6 | Perc. +8, SM +10 | Spells: (1st) 7/7, (2nd) 4/4

Adu looks extremely flustered, as this was not what she had expected. Somewhere in the back of her mind she'd been expecting a nice chat with a friendly, (and very wise), dragon who would tell her the best stories. Bugbears and a dragon who seemed hostile rather than chatty had not been in the daydream.

Draconic:
"Um, hello? We're not here to hurt you, at least I'm not, so maybe tell your friends to not fight? And, um, the spell I'm about to cast, purely defensive, you know how it is."

"Hey Apsu, god of good dragons, maybe help this one listen to us or at least not eat us? Okay thanks bye."

Casting Bless. All allies gain a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects.


Male Dwarf Brawler 4| HP: 35/35 Non-lethal: 0 | AC: 16 (11 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18/17 FF| F: +6, R: +5, W: +3 | Init: +0 | Perc: +8, SM: +7 |

Hezekh takes aim and looses a bolt, then loads another.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 = 7
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Info | Battle Maps

The dragon answers, as Hezekh's bolt whistles past:

In Draconic:
"You take Bhoros as fool!? Where is tribute? Bhoros eat you as snack little one!"

The dragon continues roaring and snarling, but stays put on its high perch for now.

Round 1: Bold May Act
Adu
Hezekh
Dragon?
Toulbe
Brunhild
Goggeck
Glor

Bugbears [Red, Blue]


Male Dwarf GeoKineticist 4 Armor Class 18, T 13, FF15 | Hit Points 42/42 | Saves: F +9, R +8, W +5, +2 vs. poison, +4 vs. spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +7 | Perc +11/+13stonework, Sense Motive +10

Bugbears? I hate bugbears! Glor says as he gathers earth and fires a shot at red. He will use Deadly Aim for -1 to hit buty +2 damage and his Dwarven Hatred Style kicks in for +2/+2.

kinetic blast: 1d20 + 7 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 7 - 1 + 2 = 242d6 + 9 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4, 4) + 9 + 2 + 2 = 21

After his shot he moves back to let others more freely attack.


Occultist VMC Magus (4) Wounds (0) HP (34) Saves (8/6/8, +2 Hardy) AC23 (21/13/18) CMD (19) Lvl 1 (4/4) Lvl 2 (2/2) Transmutation (5/6) Abjuration (4/4) Arcane Pool (4/5)

Swift action arcane pool for +1 enchantment bonus, standard action legacy weapon for Bane Dragon.

Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

Brundhild inched forward to get a clear shot, while activating the runes on her bow. She desperately thought about all she knew of dragons, to get a better idea of what this one’s strengths and weaknesses might be.


Male Gnome Bard 4 Armor Class 18, T 13, FF16 | Hit Points 31/31 | Saves: F +4, R +7, W +6, +2 vs illusions | Init +2 | Perc +8

Toulbe looks over in awe at the Dragon as it starts roaring and snarling. His knees shake a bit but he despite himself, he reciting the steps of making a hard dwarven cider that he'd been reading up on.

Standard Action to start up Inspire Courage, move action to slowly creep up behind the dwarf furthest ahead of him.


Male Dwarf GeoKineticist 4 Armor Class 18, T 13, FF15 | Hit Points 42/42 | Saves: F +9, R +8, W +5, +2 vs. poison, +4 vs. spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +7 | Perc +11/+13stonework, Sense Motive +10

Based on the order presented above can Glor gain the inspire courage on his attack?


Info | Battle Maps

Yep, anyone following Toulbe would gain that benefit.


Male LG Dwarf Inquisitor of Trudd (Exarch, Preacher) 4 | HP: 30/30 /42 Non-lethal: 0 | AC: 17 (10 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 15 | F: +10 (+8), R: +1, W: +9 | Init: +5 | Perc: +10, SM: +12 | Speed 20ft | Judgement: 2/2 | Spells: 1st 3/4 2nd 0/2| Determination: 2/2 per Day |Active conditions: Con Damage 5

Goggeck strides forward, speaking hymns to Trudd's strength as he goes!

He only speaks dwarven and has no interest in the babbling and boasts of dragons!

Moves straight ahead, casts divine favour on himself.


Info | Battle Maps

Toulbe invokes the liquid courage of Boomer and Gunnar. Brunhild quickly realizes this dragon is actually a wyvern, less intelligent than it true dragon cousins, but still dangerous with its poisonous tail. Like others of its kind, it is immune to sleep and paralysis.

As Goggeck moves forward and Trudd grants his favor, Glor quickly dispatches one of the bugbears with a blast of earth.

The remaining bugbear snorts and growls and charges Goggeck with all its might.
Morningstar+Charge: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 2 = 22
dmg: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Goggeck gets smacked with a morningstar.
I believe Goggeck can take an AoO with the longhammer.

Round 2: Bold May Act
Adu (Bless, Inspired)
Hezekh (Bless, Inspired)

Bhoros
Toulbe (Bless, Inspired)
Brunhild (Bless, Inspired, +1, Bane Dragon)
Goggeck (Bless, Inspired, Divine Favour, 8dmg)
Glor (Bless, Inspired)
Bugbears [Blue]


Male LG Dwarf Inquisitor of Trudd (Exarch, Preacher) 4 | HP: 30/30 /42 Non-lethal: 0 | AC: 17 (10 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 15 | F: +10 (+8), R: +1, W: +9 | Init: +5 | Perc: +10, SM: +12 | Speed 20ft | Judgement: 2/2 | Spells: 1st 3/4 2nd 0/2| Determination: 2/2 per Day |Active conditions: Con Damage 5

Goggeck drives his longhammer at the growling goblinoid!

"Back, goblin scum!"

AOO Smack with PA, Bless, IC, and DF: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 6 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 24

Damage: 2d6 + 9 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6, 2) + 9 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 20


Male Dwarf Brawler 4| HP: 35/35 Non-lethal: 0 | AC: 16 (11 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18/17 FF| F: +6, R: +5, W: +3 | Init: +0 | Perc: +8, SM: +7 |

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Hezekh snaps off another bolt then, growling as the bolt misses again, tosses the crossbow away and dashes forward to assist Goggeck.


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 31/31 | AC: 20 (T: 13, can't be FF)| Saves (+2 vs illusions): F:+4, R:+4, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +1, CMD: +13, | Init: +6 | Perc. +8, SM +10 | Spells: (1st) 7/7, (2nd) 4/4

Adu gasps when the dragon talks. It sounds so...unsophisticated. The fact that it's talking about eating her is far less shocking than the manner of its speech. Although the snack thing is admittedly a concern.

She draws herself up to her full height, (which is not at all impressive), and shouts back at the dragon.

Draconic:
"I'm not food! And since you're not calling off your followers, I guess we'll just have to fight them, won't we?!"

She takes a step forward, eyes narrowed at the last bugbear. In a completely different language, she yells,

Goblin:
"Now you come here and think about what you've done."

Casting Command. Will DC16 to negate. On a failure, the bugbear can do nothing on his turn but move towards Adu, provoking AOOs as he goes.


Info | Battle Maps

Bugbear Will: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Using Goggeck's roll as AoO.
Against all reason, the remaining bugbear ceases it's attack on Goggeck and begins ambling toward Adu and the rest of the party. It doesn't get far, though, as Goggeck quickly brains it with his hammer. The bugbear remains no more.

Fly: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
At this point, the Wyvern lets out a terrible screech and flaps its wings. It jumps from its perch and glides down toward Goggeck, and with a mighty flap of its wings it whips its tail beneath its serpentine body. Hooked stingers flash out at Goggeck.
Sting: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
dmg: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Goggeck Fort: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 1 = 15
In a painful instant, Goggeck finds himself in dire straits, as the poison begins coursing through his veins, sapping his vitality.

Bhoros remains aloft, hovering 5ft off the ground.

Round 2: Bold May Act
Adu (Bless, Inspired)
Hezekh (Bless, Inspired)

Bhoros (Flying 5ft)
Toulbe (Bless, Inspired)
Brunhild (Bless, Inspired, +1, Bane Dragon)
Goggeck (Bless, Inspired, Divine Favour, 17dmg, Poisoned)
Glor (Bless, Inspired)

Toulbe, Brunhild, Goggeck, and Glor may act in Round 2. Adu and Hezekh act in Round 3. Goggeck, make a Fort Save on your turn.


Occultist VMC Magus (4) Wounds (0) HP (34) Saves (8/6/8, +2 Hardy) AC23 (21/13/18) CMD (19) Lvl 1 (4/4) Lvl 2 (2/2) Transmutation (5/6) Abjuration (4/4) Arcane Pool (4/5)

Hit Wyrven: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Damage: 4d6 + 5 ⇒ (6, 3, 3, 1) + 5 = 18

As the Draconic beast landed Brunhild dropped her arrow, thrown off balance by it’s sheer mass. This was unfortunate, as the group really needed some damage done to it.

17 to identify, 3 to hit. Perfect


Male Dwarf GeoKineticist 4 Armor Class 18, T 13, FF15 | Hit Points 42/42 | Saves: F +9, R +8, W +5, +2 vs. poison, +4 vs. spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +7 | Perc +11/+13stonework, Sense Motive +10

An I don't much care for Dragons neither. Glor curses as he lets fly more stone and earth. Goggeck be me brother-in-arms wyrm. You'll not harm him unanswered from me.

kinetic blast: 1d20 + 7 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 7 - 1 + 1 = 252d6 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (4, 2) + 9 + 2 = 17

1,551 to 1,600 of 1,631 << first < prev | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Strike the Earth: Histories of Greed and Determination All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.