[SFS] 1-01 The Commencement - GM bigboom (Inactive)

Game Master bigboom

Slides and Maps


201 to 250 of 344 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Init +0 Per +7, LLV | Speed 20 SP 7 | HP 12 | RP 4 EAC 13 KAC 16 | SVs Fort +1/ Ref +0/ Will +5

Bonesaw stomps towards one of the thugs and begins concentrating on a spell. The air around her shifts subtly and an ear-piercing scream that only the thug can hear fills his head.

Mind Thrust I: 2d10 ⇒ (6, 6) = 12 Will DC 14 for 1/2 damage

"Begone or we will have to continue punishing you! This is your warning!"

Acquisitives

Android Operative (Ace Pilot) 1 | SP 8/8 HP 10/10 RP 5/5 | EAC 16 KAC 15 | FORT +1, REF +6, WILL +2 | INIT +5 | Perc +5 (LL&DV)

Assisting with Death Certificate!

Computers: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

While the others try to figure out a way they can help, Myr'iad removes their datapad and with rapid finger movements, they quickly begin to draft up new, fake identification for both of their newly acquired companions. Once done, Myr'iad looks over them...

'Not our best work ever, but not too shabby either.'

'Agreed, while I could've made something more convincing, this will work for now.'

'Thank you for the vote of confidence.'

Combat Round 1

Myr wastes no time with inefficient threats, they simple draw their laser pistol with their right hand and take aim at the nearby threat. Without wasting anytime, they rotate their left wrist and a knife suddenly springs into their left hand.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Fire Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3

If that attack hits, Myr'iad gains a +2 Circumstance bonus to their next melee attack on Green.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Female Shirren Operative 1 | KAC 15 EAC 14 | HP 12/12 SP 8/8 RP 4/4 | F +2 R +5 W +4 | Init +4 | Perc +7 | Active Status:: -none-

"A clutch of corp grifters, eh? We ain't got time to go easy on you. Beat it, you rats."

Hirix draws her azimuth laser pistol and fires it at the nearest of the thugs (green)

Az. Laser Pistol: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Az. Laser damage (Fire): 1d4 ⇒ 2

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Lashunta Solarian 3 | SP 21/21 : HP 25/25 : RP 4/4 | EAC 11 : KAC 12 EAC 14 : KAC 15 | F +3 : R +1 : W +2 | Perc. +9 : S.M. +3 : Init. +0 : Move 30' | Ember Doshko +7, 1d8+7F : Tactical Spear +7, 1d6+5P (20 ft) : Solar Weapon +7, 1d6+11 | STR +4 DEX +0 CON +0 INT +1 WIS -1 CHA +3 | Acrobatics: +4 Athletics: +10 Bluff: +7 Computers: +5 Culture: +5 Diplomacy: +7+1d6* Disguise +4 Intimidate: +12 Profession: +12 Stealth: +4+1d6* | Battery 20/20 | | CONDITIONS none : BUFFS none

Believing the gangers on either side are taken well in hand, Aazanar rushes onto the bridge, stepping slightly to the south of Sovokolok. As he runs he takes out his spear.

"Get away from her!" he shouts, as he flings his spear at the ganger.

Thrown Tactical Spear -2 range: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 4 - 2 = 17
Spear damage +1 photon mode: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 = 5

After striking the ganger, the spear returns to Aazanar's hands.


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

Momentary Flashback...

Myr'iad's fake ID for Ceren is excellent work and more than holds up to standard scrutiny. In fact, becomes the very same ID Hirix uses to go around setting up various aspects of Ceren's new life!

You guys absolutely smashed this portion of the mission!

-------------------------------

Round 1 Conclusion

Red Ganger yells back at Sovokolok-Asnari, "Pffft! You look like nothing to be concerned with, just a tiny nail about to get hammered! What the... unnngghh!!" Aaz's spear catches him by surprise while he was engaging in his favorite on-the-job hobby - vesk trash talking.

The Green Ganger jumped out, took a couple shots and thought he was all badass. That is, until Telwyn, Myr'iad, and Hirix all drew their weapons in response and immediately returned fire, hitting him three for three! He's starting to think he's perhaps not so badass after all...

Blue Will DC 14: 1d20 ⇒ 6 Bonesaw thrusts into the Blue Ganger's mind - the Blue Ganger hit with a massive headache from the trauma complies by yelling "NOPE! NOPE! NOPE! NOPE!" as he turns tail and retreats through the trees.

-------------------------------

Round 2

The Blue Ganger runs away and disappears into the foliage. (Left combat)
The Green Ganger, freaked out by the power of Bonesaw's mind over the Blue Ganger, full attacks Bonesaw!
Green Attack 1: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 6 - 4 = 20 Hit!
Green Damage 1: 1d4 ⇒ 1
Green Attack 2: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 6 - 4 = 10 Miss!
Green Damage 2: 1d4 ⇒ 4
The Red Ganger figures he hit the vesk once, he's sure to hit again and full attacks!
Red Attack 1: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 6 - 4 = 12 Miss!
Red Damage 1: 1d4 ⇒ 1
Red Attack 2: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 6 - 4 = 13 Hit!
Red Damage 2: 1d4 ⇒ 1

The following characters in bold may take their action:
Green Ganger (-9)
Red Ganger (-5)
Brezaki (-1)
Hirix
Sovokolok-Asnari (-5)
Telwyn
Myr’iad
Azanar Kroi (-4)

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Init +0 Per +7, LLV | Speed 20 SP 7 | HP 12 | RP 4 EAC 13 KAC 16 | SVs Fort +1/ Ref +0/ Will +5

Brezaki moves up to the "green" ganger hissing at him, "Might be a good idea to run away". She swings a scaly, spiked elbow at his face.

Unarmed attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 31d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Female Shirren Operative 1 | KAC 15 EAC 14 | HP 12/12 SP 8/8 RP 4/4 | F +2 R +5 W +4 | Init +4 | Perc +7 | Active Status:: -none-

Hirix clicks her mandibles in frustration that these people don't give up when outgunned. Bravado is a heck of a drug...

She dashes to one side and fires her laser pistol at the same thug (green), reading his movements to spot an opening in his defenses.

Trick Attack (Sense Motive): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22 Hey that might be just barely!
Az. Laser Pistol: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Az. Laser Pistol (fire) + Trick Attack damage: 1d4 + 1d4 ⇒ (3) + (3) = 6

Acquisitives

SP 15/15 | HP 22/22 | RP 5/6 | Detect Thoughts SLA 0/1 | EAC 19, KAC 19, CMD 27 | F+2, R+8, W+3 | Init +7, Perc +10 | Damaya Lashunta Operative 3

Telwyn moves up, her weapon trained on Green Ganger. "Yeah follow your friend and run away." She simultaneously sends the message to his mind for extra effect.

But instead of taking the shot at Green, she turns suddenly toward Red and takes the shot at him hoping to catch him off guard.

Trick Attack vs Red:
Bluff: 1d20 + 11 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 11 + 4 = 28 vs DC (20 + Red CR)
Energy Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13, Red AC -2 vs this attack if bluff worked
Electric Damage: 1d6 + 1d4 ⇒ (3) + (2) = 5


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

Hirix reads the Green Ganger's movements correctly and the shot lands! The Green Ganger mumbles, "Not... so... badass...." and he falls over - no longer conscious.

Green Ganger removed from combat.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Lashunta Solarian 3 | SP 21/21 : HP 25/25 : RP 4/4 | EAC 11 : KAC 12 EAC 14 : KAC 15 | F +3 : R +1 : W +2 | Perc. +9 : S.M. +3 : Init. +0 : Move 30' | Ember Doshko +7, 1d8+7F : Tactical Spear +7, 1d6+5P (20 ft) : Solar Weapon +7, 1d6+11 | STR +4 DEX +0 CON +0 INT +1 WIS -1 CHA +3 | Acrobatics: +4 Athletics: +10 Bluff: +7 Computers: +5 Culture: +5 Diplomacy: +7+1d6* Disguise +4 Intimidate: +12 Profession: +12 Stealth: +4+1d6* | Battery 20/20 | | CONDITIONS none : BUFFS none

Aazanar sees that the ganger is now within striking range. He drops the spear and rushes up to stand next to the ganger, drawing his flame doshko as he advances. He lights it up, and the red flames glint in his eyes.

"You think that was bad? Try one of these!"

Flame Doshko vs. EAC: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Flame Doshko damage +1 photon: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 1 = 10

I really doubt that's a hit.

The doshko slices air as the ganger ducks out of the way.

"Made you flinch!" Aazanar says.

Wayfinders

Neutral | Male Vesk | Solarion (Xenoseeker) 1 | EAC: 16 KAC: 18 vsCM: 26 | SP: 8/8 HP: 8/13 RP: 4/4 | Init: +1 | F:+3 R:+1 W:+2 | Perception 0 | Conditions:

Sovokolok-Asnari stalks forward his elongated dark claws ebbing with dark energy. "You chose your last words poorly..." He lashes out with his claw looking to remove the man's head from his shoulders.

Solar weapon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
damage, Photon: 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 1 = 8


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

Telwyn's shot connects and knocks the Red Ganger off balance as Sovokolok-Asnari moves in and (okay sure...why not?) decapitates him with claws of black nothingness!!!!

Combat Over

Your team whisks Ceren away and provides her with all the details (and in Telwyn's case, training) of her new identity. "This is excellent work if I do say so myself! Yes, yes, this new identity will work perfectly! Thank you! I haven't felt this alive in AGES!" And she departs to begin her new life.

Not long afterwards, Historia-7 contacts you to congratulate you on a job well done in not only retrieving the files but also obtaining Ceren's cooperation should the Society require her skills in the future. A rudimentary courier robot approaches you and Historia-7 says, "The robot is delivering a few items as a thank you from the Dataphiles. The rifle is actually from Ceren - Jubair found it when clearing out their house. Perhaps you'll find these items useful with your remaining missions."

The robot hands you 200 credits, a standard datajack, and a frostbite-class zero rifle.

On the body of the two dead gangers, you find: 2 pulsecaster pistols, 2 tactical batons, and 200 credits.

Feel free to make any final IC comments to Ceren, Historia-7, or each other. You may also distribute the loot as you wish and you also have time to do some shopping if you want. Otherwise, you rest up and pursue your next mission the next morning (all SP and HP restored). Which faction would you like to pursue next? Exo-Guardians or Wayfinders?

Wayfinders

Neutral | Male Vesk | Solarion (Xenoseeker) 1 | EAC: 16 KAC: 18 vsCM: 26 | SP: 8/8 HP: 8/13 RP: 4/4 | Init: +1 | F:+3 R:+1 W:+2 | Perception 0 | Conditions:

At the end of combat

Sovokolok-Asnari does not even look down at the decapitated body as it drops to the floor. Taking the matron with him he brings her back to the others.

"You are safe and unharmed. Let us move along after removing the belongings of these men. A new life has been created for you. I doubt you will ever find trouble again." he walks back to the body and moves off to the side away from the view of any unsuspecting passerby.

When he gets back to the others he shows no remorse on his face for what occurred and when asked if it was necessary he says matter-of-factly, "I had one purpose there. Save the matron. His death means her safety. That is all that concerns me."

for divvying up the loot I'd say just split the coin (as equally as possible) 400/6 = ~66 credits each. Weapons and equipment say if you want to use it. I'm good here.

Acquisitives

SP 15/15 | HP 22/22 | RP 5/6 | Detect Thoughts SLA 0/1 | EAC 19, KAC 19, CMD 27 | F+2, R+8, W+3 | Init +7, Perc +10 | Damaya Lashunta Operative 3

Seeing her shot land and Sovokolok take her target's head off, Telwyn comments on the scene. "Gruesome, but effective..."

She sends directly to Sovokolok Nice work

She looks over the belongings of the fallen gangers. "Maybe next time we run into some idiot thugs they will at least have the decency to be better equipped."

Telwyn doesn't need any of the gear, but I guess she'll nab a baton for now. Doesn't matter to me where we go next, but I'll throw out Exo-Guardians if no one else has any preference.

Wayfinders

Neutral | Male Vesk | Solarion (Xenoseeker) 1 | EAC: 16 KAC: 18 vsCM: 26 | SP: 8/8 HP: 8/13 RP: 4/4 | Init: +1 | F:+3 R:+1 W:+2 | Perception 0 | Conditions:

I'll vote Exo to push us along. We have to do them all anyhow

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Lashunta Solarian 3 | SP 21/21 : HP 25/25 : RP 4/4 | EAC 11 : KAC 12 EAC 14 : KAC 15 | F +3 : R +1 : W +2 | Perc. +9 : S.M. +3 : Init. +0 : Move 30' | Ember Doshko +7, 1d8+7F : Tactical Spear +7, 1d6+5P (20 ft) : Solar Weapon +7, 1d6+11 | STR +4 DEX +0 CON +0 INT +1 WIS -1 CHA +3 | Acrobatics: +4 Athletics: +10 Bluff: +7 Computers: +5 Culture: +5 Diplomacy: +7+1d6* Disguise +4 Intimidate: +12 Profession: +12 Stealth: +4+1d6* | Battery 20/20 | | CONDITIONS none : BUFFS none

The coin we find in the module cannot be kept at the end, is that correct? That we only keep what is on the chronicle sheet?

If that it the case then we should spend all the money. Buy 8 serums of healing Mk 1 or something.

"Let's call up this Zigvigix and see where he wishes to meet us."

BTW can I spend 10 minutes and 1 RP to recover stamina enroute to the Exo-Guardians?

Acquisitives

SP 15/15 | HP 22/22 | RP 5/6 | Detect Thoughts SLA 0/1 | EAC 19, KAC 19, CMD 27 | F+2, R+8, W+3 | Init +7, Perc +10 | Damaya Lashunta Operative 3

I think we are going to Exo-Guardians the following day so you get a whole rest. I posted in discussion about spending the credits, but basically I don't think we should go on a spending spree with them :)

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Female Shirren Operative 1 | KAC 15 EAC 14 | HP 12/12 SP 8/8 RP 4/4 | F +2 R +5 W +4 | Init +4 | Perc +7 | Active Status:: -none-

We only took stamina damage, so I think we can continue without resting for a whole day. Taking a 10 minute breather seems fine though!

Hirix rushes over to ensure Ceren's safety, helping the old woman stand steadily on her feet. Once the group is ready to return to Historia-7, she gives Ceren a business card and sends "In case you have any other unwanted visitors ma'am, I'm always on the play."

Exoguardians sounds fine.


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

About 8 hours has elapsed today so if the group wishes to press on without an overnight rest, that's fine. You're not too tired yet. So yes, taking a 10 min break is fine.

By the way, if it wasn't clear to those playing this for the first time, those gangers were hired by corps to retrieve Ceren. Why they hired such a weak group of underlings? I guess they weren't expecting any resistance from a lone grandmother? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And FYI, I have a busier day than usual ahead so may take me a little longer than usual to post over the next day. I will try to at least get the next mission intro posted once I have a moment!


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

The Exo-Guardians do not currently have a headquarters on Absalom Station, but their leader, Zigvigix resides in the poor but trendy neighborhood of Downlow. Garbage litters the ground around the district’s largest art park — a cement lot filled with undulating metal sculptures and covered in graffiti of grotesquely adorable creatures. The sounds of music and chatter drift over from the nearby clubs, chronically interrupted by the roar of the local gangsters’ engines. A heavily augmented host shirren is sitting on one of the park benches, eating a simple meal of cold grub-noodles and rice candy. Their antennae perk up at the tremor of approaching footsteps.

“Welcome, new Starfinders! And congratulations!” the shirren’s voice telepathically projects. “My speech-name is Zigvigix, but feel free to call me Ziggy, if that would be easier for you. Have some rice candy to celebrate your graduation! Today is your big day!

“When you are ready, I have two assignments I could use assistance with. The first is to help me secure a new headquarters on Absalom Station. I’ve been in talks with our station’s protectors, the Stewards, and they were kind enough to give us ownership of a warehouse here in Downlow for that purpose! The current owners no longer want it because a vicious alien took it over and kills anyone who goes inside. Once the alien is gone and the warehouse cargo has been returned to its owners, we can start installing desks and computers, so please go in and incinerate the creature!

“My second assignment...” Zigvigix twitches their tooth barbs for a moment and then holds out a credstick. “Please buy the brand-new Strawberry Machine Cake album, Star Sugar Heartlove!!!, which is out today, and give it to Historia-7 when you see her. She is the head of the Dataphiles, so you should meet her today! I wish to do it myself, but I... I have trouble standing for long periods of time. Thank you very much!”

NPC image of Ziggy is unmasked in the slides

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Init +0 Per +7, LLV | Speed 20 SP 7 | HP 12 | RP 4 EAC 13 KAC 16 | SVs Fort +1/ Ref +0/ Will +5

"Well, I suppose we should probably take out the blood-thirsty monster that's been killing people, before we move onto our assignment of GOING TO THE MALL, but what does everybody else think?" Brezaki says sarcastically.

"Zigvigix, sir? do you have a better description of what this alien lifeform looks like? Or even better, some kind of vid footage of it in action? It'd be nice to know what we're dealing with beforehand if we could. After all, if it does kill us, we won't be able to go to the mall afterwards."

In case this is relevant

Life Science: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Female Shirren Operative 1 | KAC 15 EAC 14 | HP 12/12 SP 8/8 RP 4/4 | F +2 R +5 W +4 | Init +4 | Perc +7 | Active Status:: -none-

"I wouldn't be so sure Bones. That warehouse monster seems to be happy to stay in one place if no one bothers it, but some batty kids staking out for a record will chase you back to the Spire if you cross 'em." Hirix mulls over the options.

"Even so, I'd rather deal with the monster first. At least we can pop it if it bothers us... we ain't got no recourse against a bunch of kids."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

Ziggy says, "Oh, that's a good point Brezaki! If you die, then Historia-7 may never get a copy of that album! Perhaps it's best you get the album first!" Ziggy chuckles. "I jest... You may complete these two assignments in whichever order you wish. Just try not to die before completing both, yes?" Ziggy chuckles again. "Woo... I'm on a roll today!"

"About a recording, ah yes, funny you should ask. Indeed we do have some holorecordings!"

He plays the footage for you and you see a large 'thing' that appears to be a clump of feathers. It shoots out a massive feather with a sharp end from somewhere within its mass which harpoons a vesk not too far from it. The vesk crumples to the ground and the feathery mass moves over the vesk, enveloping him.

Ziggy says, "Hmmm... yah. Maybe the mall first, eh? We believe this creature is a feather stalker which, as you can see, is a predator far more unpleasant than its name implies. As far as the Stewards have been able to piece together, that vesk in the recording, a two-bit crime lord, illegally imported the creature. Aaaaaaaand then the beast promptly ate him. Try not to suffer the same fate... wouldn't want your tombstone to read 'killed by a feather.' No, no... I'm sure that would not tickle your loved ones' funny bones!" Ziggy chuckles again.

Bonesaw is not familiar with this creature but others may give me a life science roll to try identifying it.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Init +0 Per +7, LLV | Speed 20 SP 7 | HP 12 | RP 4 EAC 13 KAC 16 | SVs Fort +1/ Ref +0/ Will +5

Bonesaw teases Sovokolok-Asnari,"We could split up. I bet Sovok would rather wait in line with a bunch of teenagers for the new Strawberry Machine Cake record and just let us fight the fearsome monster without him. Heroic combat with fearsome beasts just doesn't sound like something that he would be very interested in."

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Female Shirren Operative 1 | KAC 15 EAC 14 | HP 12/12 SP 8/8 RP 4/4 | F +2 R +5 W +4 | Init +4 | Perc +7 | Active Status:: -none-

Life Science: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 Darn.

Hirix elbows Brezaki "Don't tease him Bones, fella's going to snap on you. Let's take that monster out first."

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Lashunta Solarian 3 | SP 21/21 : HP 25/25 : RP 4/4 | EAC 11 : KAC 12 EAC 14 : KAC 15 | F +3 : R +1 : W +2 | Perc. +9 : S.M. +3 : Init. +0 : Move 30' | Ember Doshko +7, 1d8+7F : Tactical Spear +7, 1d6+5P (20 ft) : Solar Weapon +7, 1d6+11 | STR +4 DEX +0 CON +0 INT +1 WIS -1 CHA +3 | Acrobatics: +4 Athletics: +10 Bluff: +7 Computers: +5 Culture: +5 Diplomacy: +7+1d6* Disguise +4 Intimidate: +12 Profession: +12 Stealth: +4+1d6* | Battery 20/20 | | CONDITIONS none : BUFFS none

"I can't see any way that waiting in line for an album will help prepare us for a battle. I hate waiting. I say we head to this warehouse first."

"I've been looking forward to the album though... Strawberry Machine Cake has a great live act."


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

To the warehouse it is!!

You reach the Downlowo warehouse and station security allows you through the force barrier set up around the warehouse perimeter. The doors to the warehouse were forced open and no longer lock. You step inside...

The map has been revealed in the slides. The warehouse ceiling is 30 feet high, and a catwalk runs 15 feet above the floor. The crates and vehicle are approximately 5 feet tall, while the cylindrical containers and the crate-filled scaffolding are 10 feet tall. The scattered junk on the floor creates an area of difficult terrain. The lights on the catwalk are not bright enough to illuminate the area, leaving the warehouse in dim light.

You do not see the creature viewed on the holorecording and we're not yet in combat so you are free to move around and take actions as you wish. I've put some arrows on the slide as well so as you move around, please take one of the colored arrows and show me the path you take.

If anyone has not yet dropped a life science roll, feel free to do so. Unfortunately, like Bonesaw, Hirix was unable to recall any knowledge of the feather stalker.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Init +0 Per +7, LLV | Speed 20 SP 7 | HP 12 | RP 4 EAC 13 KAC 16 | SVs Fort +1/ Ref +0/ Will +5

Bonesaw pulls out her lantern and turns it on. She takes the spear off her back and carries that it her other hand, ready to throw it at the first sign of feathers that she sees. She will also lay down a [i]detect magic[i] spell to see if she picks up any residual spell effects in the room.

Acquisitives

SP 15/15 | HP 22/22 | RP 5/6 | Detect Thoughts SLA 0/1 | EAC 19, KAC 19, CMD 27 | F+2, R+8, W+3 | Init +7, Perc +10 | Damaya Lashunta Operative 3

Telwyn doesn't have life science trained

Telwyn stealthily moves in among the cylinders to the north, searching for any sign of the beast or clues about it's nature.

Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Female Shirren Operative 1 | KAC 15 EAC 14 | HP 12/12 SP 8/8 RP 4/4 | F +2 R +5 W +4 | Init +4 | Perc +7 | Active Status:: -none-

Hirix makes her way up onto the catwalk and draws her laser pistol. She visually scans the warehouse room and feels out for any vibrations with her blindsense as well.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

"Place is quiet. Too quiet. Feels like an ambush."

Wayfinders

Neutral | Male Vesk | Solarion (Xenoseeker) 1 | EAC: 16 KAC: 18 vsCM: 26 | SP: 8/8 HP: 8/13 RP: 4/4 | Init: +1 | F:+3 R:+1 W:+2 | Perception 0 | Conditions:

On the way to the warehouse

Sovokolok-Asnari finally comments as the group of them make for the warehouse. "Jesting is best left to those other races that understand this thing called humour. As a veskarium you should know this..." he leaves it at that as the warehouse comes into view. "It has a taste for veskarium so let me lead. We shall see how it fares against an opponent who has not turned into a sloth by deceiving and stealing from others."

Sovokolok-Asnari enters the dark warehouse and continues moving ahead.

Acquisitives

SP 15/15 | HP 22/22 | RP 5/6 | Detect Thoughts SLA 0/1 | EAC 19, KAC 19, CMD 27 | F+2, R+8, W+3 | Init +7, Perc +10 | Damaya Lashunta Operative 3

Telwyn keeps in telepathic contact with everyone to get a silent warning when anyone spots anything.

If that's a thing she can do, I figure it's like periodically pinging them and keeping her mind open to their thoughts if they want to send anything back to her. Three of us in total have telepathy so it should be a pretty effective communication.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Lashunta Solarian 3 | SP 21/21 : HP 25/25 : RP 4/4 | EAC 11 : KAC 12 EAC 14 : KAC 15 | F +3 : R +1 : W +2 | Perc. +9 : S.M. +3 : Init. +0 : Move 30' | Ember Doshko +7, 1d8+7F : Tactical Spear +7, 1d6+5P (20 ft) : Solar Weapon +7, 1d6+11 | STR +4 DEX +0 CON +0 INT +1 WIS -1 CHA +3 | Acrobatics: +4 Athletics: +10 Bluff: +7 Computers: +5 Culture: +5 Diplomacy: +7+1d6* Disguise +4 Intimidate: +12 Profession: +12 Stealth: +4+1d6* | Battery 20/20 | | CONDITIONS none : BUFFS none

{Okay, got it,} broadcasts Aazanar.

With Telwyn and Hirix going north and Sovokolok going up the middle, Aazanar quietly goes south. He begins looking around.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Stealth: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (18) + 0 = 18

{What is all this stuff, anyway? I thought this place was abandoned. Does this stuff belong to the Starfinders?} he transmits.

Holding his spear at the ready, Aazanar begins poking into the crates, spear-point going in first in case the creature is hiding within.

{By the way, how big is this critter supposed to be?} he broadcasts.

I don't have life science either.

Wayfinders

Neutral | Male Vesk | Solarion (Xenoseeker) 1 | EAC: 16 KAC: 18 vsCM: 26 | SP: 8/8 HP: 8/13 RP: 4/4 | Init: +1 | F:+3 R:+1 W:+2 | Perception 0 | Conditions:

{It ate one of my kind. So it cannot be very small. Unless it has an appetite greater than its size? Relay this to the others.} he sends this back to Aazanar.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 10

Acquisitives

Android Operative (Ace Pilot) 1 | SP 8/8 HP 10/10 RP 5/5 | EAC 16 KAC 15 | FORT +1, REF +6, WILL +2 | INIT +5 | Perc +5 (LL&DV)

Stealth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Myr'iad draws their laser pistol in their right hand and carries their tactical baton in their left hand as they take to the upper tier. {We shall take the high ground and search from their. We do not need light like you organics.}


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

Good point. Vesk and Androids are not affected by the dim light. Only Hirix, Telwyn, and Aaz's vision is affected by the lighting conditions. Staying in contact with each other telepathically is no problem. Also, anyone who didn't already say it, I'm going to assume you moved in with your weapon drawn because you'd be silly not to.

And one other mechanical note: climbing the crates or scaffolding will require a successful DC 10 Athletics check.

Everyone spreads out, peering intently into the darkness. Telwyn, Aaz, and Myr'iad move as silent as a cat through the warehouse. However, no one sees anything when suddenly....

Feather Harpoon vs KAC: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
Damage Piercing: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

A feather the size of a harpoon shoots out of the darkness and strikes Sovokolok-Asnari!!! You all turn and see a large feathery mass on top of the scaffolding!

That's the end of the surprise round. Everyone now knows the location of the feather stalker and can see it. However, due to the dim light, it has concealment (20% miss chance) versus Hirix, Telwyn, and Aaz unless some light is shined on it. You can also now ignore the arrows on the map unless you want to use them to show me your movement paths in combat.

Initiative Rolls:
Initiative, Aazanar Kroi: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14
Initiative, Telwyn: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Initiative, Hirix: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Initiative, Bonesaw: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (7) + 0 = 7
Initiative, Myr’iad: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Initiative, Sovokolok: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Initiative, Feather Stalker: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Round 1
The following characters in bold may take their action:

Myr’iad
Azanar Kroi
Hirix

Feather Stalker
Sovokolok-Asnari (-3)
Telwyn
Brezaki

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Female Shirren Operative 1 | KAC 15 EAC 14 | HP 12/12 SP 8/8 RP 4/4 | F +2 R +5 W +4 | Init +4 | Perc +7 | Active Status:: -none-

Hirix will use the darkvision from her Second Skin's Infrared Sensors to see the creature more accurately once she gets close enough. For now, she strides along the catwalk and watches the creature to anticipate its movements.

The moment a gap in the feathers appears, she fires!

Trick Attack (Sense Motive): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22
Az. Laser Pistol (fire): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 53
Az. Laser Pistol damage: 1d4 + 1d4 ⇒ (4) + (2) = 6 Second d4 is the trick damage

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Lashunta Solarian 3 | SP 21/21 : HP 25/25 : RP 4/4 | EAC 11 : KAC 12 EAC 14 : KAC 15 | F +3 : R +1 : W +2 | Perc. +9 : S.M. +3 : Init. +0 : Move 30' | Ember Doshko +7, 1d8+7F : Tactical Spear +7, 1d6+5P (20 ft) : Solar Weapon +7, 1d6+11 | STR +4 DEX +0 CON +0 INT +1 WIS -1 CHA +3 | Acrobatics: +4 Athletics: +10 Bluff: +7 Computers: +5 Culture: +5 Diplomacy: +7+1d6* Disguise +4 Intimidate: +12 Profession: +12 Stealth: +4+1d6* | Battery 20/20 | | CONDITIONS none : BUFFS none

"You're right... it's a big one!" Aazanar shouts, the need for quiet having passed. Aazanar darts in between the tall barrels, trying to get closer to the creature.

Single move. If I can't move between the barrels I'll have to figure something else out.

Acquisitives

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Android Operative (Ace Pilot) 1 | SP 8/8 HP 10/10 RP 5/5 | EAC 16 KAC 15 | FORT +1, REF +6, WILL +2 | INIT +5 | Perc +5 (LL&DV)

Trick Attack (Stealth) DC 20+CR: 1d20 + 12 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 12 + 4 = 24 If successful, Target is Flat-Flooted versus my attack.
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 Not that it matters... LOL!
Fire Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1
TA Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Myr'iad quietly rushes back down the steps towards the creature, moving quieter than a mouse on down feathers.. They take aim with the laser pistol and fires! 'The lashunta and vesk will get us killed with that awful racket.'

'Yes, please do shut them up.'

'Now is not the time for such conversations. Quiet.'


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

Aaz, moving between the barrels is fine but please keep your token in a square lined up with the map grid. I've adjusted your token to do this.

Hirix hits the stalker but doesn't land the shot within the gap she was looking for. Aaz closes in but seeing the deadly feathers at work uses the massive barrels for cover. Myr'iad moves in closer but her rush to get into position throws off her aim and she misses!

Feather Harpoon 1 vs KAC, full attack, 2 ranged increments: 1d20 + 10 - 3 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 10 - 3 - 4 = 15
Damage 1 Piercing: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Feather Harpoon 2 vs KAC, full attack: 1d20 + 10 - 3 ⇒ (3) + 10 - 3 = 10
Damage 2 Piercing: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

The feathery mess launches a feather towards the source of the laser pistol that hurt it, hitting Hirix up on the catwalk! A second feather launched again at Sovokolok-Asnari misses!

------------------

Round 1 cont'd & Round 2
The following characters in bold may take their action:

Myr’iad
Azanar Kroi
Hirix (-8)

Feather Stalker
Sovokolok-Asnari (-3)
Telwyn
Brezaki

Acquisitives

SP 15/15 | HP 22/22 | RP 5/6 | Detect Thoughts SLA 0/1 | EAC 19, KAC 19, CMD 27 | F+2, R+8, W+3 | Init +7, Perc +10 | Damaya Lashunta Operative 3

Telwyn dashes across the hall seeming to pay the creature no heed. She comes to an abrupt stop and takes a quick shot.

Bluff: 1d20 + 11 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 11 + 4 = 23 vs DC 20 + CR
Obscured: 1d100 ⇒ 28
Energy Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17 vs flat footed if bluff worked
Electric Damage: 1d6 + 1d4 ⇒ (4) + (2) = 6

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Init +0 Per +7, LLV | Speed 20 SP 7 | HP 12 | RP 4 EAC 13 KAC 16 | SVs Fort +1/ Ref +0/ Will +5

Uh oh, it looks like Sovokolov is in trouble over there. Oh no, he's rushing right at it! I better get over there and help out. Ugh, that thing looks huge.

Brezaki chases after Sovokolov.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Lashunta Solarian 3 | SP 21/21 : HP 25/25 : RP 4/4 | EAC 11 : KAC 12 EAC 14 : KAC 15 | F +3 : R +1 : W +2 | Perc. +9 : S.M. +3 : Init. +0 : Move 30' | Ember Doshko +7, 1d8+7F : Tactical Spear +7, 1d6+5P (20 ft) : Solar Weapon +7, 1d6+11 | STR +4 DEX +0 CON +0 INT +1 WIS -1 CHA +3 | Acrobatics: +4 Athletics: +10 Bluff: +7 Computers: +5 Culture: +5 Diplomacy: +7+1d6* Disguise +4 Intimidate: +12 Profession: +12 Stealth: +4+1d6* | Battery 20/20 | | CONDITIONS none : BUFFS none
GM bigboom wrote:
Aaz, moving between the barrels is fine but please keep your token in a square lined up with the map grid. I've adjusted your token to do this.

Okay, got it.

Aazanar creeps around the crates until he has a decent shot at the creature.

I want to move to a spot where I can see the creature but I still have cover. I think I have cover from the crate in this spot but if I don't, move me one square back south.

"Hey, ugly!" he shouts, and he flings his spear.

Thrown Spear -2 range: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 4 - 2 = 9

The spear sails overhead, missing the creature, and then turns around and returns to Aazanar's hand.


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

Aaz, yup, the square you're in is fine...it'll give you cover. For the operatives, the CR is 3, so your trick attack DCs are 24. I don't believe I give anything away by telling you the CR. As for the concealment miss chance, I should've made it clear earlier. When rolling the d100, I'll consider 1-20 to mean the attack missed. And also, I forgot to note Hirix's 4 damage on the stalker, which I've now taken into account.

Telwyn's shot hits, tricking the feather stalker into exposing a particularly vulnerable feather! However, everyone notices that a portion of Telwyn's attack that hit the stalker was redirected into the ground, leaving it hurt but less than you'd expect.

-----------------------------------

Round 1 cont'd & Round 2
The following characters in bold may take their action:

Myr’iad
Azanar Kroi
Hirix (-8)
Feather Stalker (-4-2-2 = -8)
Sovokolok-Asnari (-3)
Telwyn
Brezaki

Edit: Added 2 additional damage from Telwyn's trick attack

Acquisitives

SP 15/15 | HP 22/22 | RP 5/6 | Detect Thoughts SLA 0/1 | EAC 19, KAC 19, CMD 27 | F+2, R+8, W+3 | Init +7, Perc +10 | Damaya Lashunta Operative 3

Should the trick attack DC be 23 if his CR is 3? If so Telwyn's 2 additional damage should apply too.

Blast! He's got some kind of electric defense? Telwyn thinks to herself as she considers getting closer to use her projectile pistol.


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear
Telwyn wrote:
Should the trick attack DC be 23 if his CR is 3? If so Telwyn's 2 additional damage should apply too.

You are absolutely correct! Apologies, for a moment there, I thought the DC was 20 + (1.5 x CR). That's 2 additional damage. I'll edit that into the previous post.

Acquisitives

Android Operative (Ace Pilot) 1 | SP 8/8 HP 10/10 RP 5/5 | EAC 16 KAC 15 | FORT +1, REF +6, WILL +2 | INIT +5 | Perc +5 (LL&DV)

Trick Attack (Stealth) DC23: 1d20 + 12 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 12 + 4 = 19
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 Sad Trombone...

'All this shouting is going to-'

'We said to be quiet!'

Frustrated with their inner ghosts' complaints, Myr'iad steps behind cover and quickly fires off another charge of their laser pistol before properly lining up the shot and it comes nowhere near their target!

'We shall discuss this later!'

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Female Shirren Operative 1 | KAC 15 EAC 14 | HP 12/12 SP 8/8 RP 4/4 | F +2 R +5 W +4 | Init +4 | Perc +7 | Active Status:: -none-

Hirix pulls the feathery thorn free and tosses it over the catwalk. She sends a sour sounding "Vicious little drip, this guy." to her nearest allies.

She continues to advance along the catwalk and gets into range of her infrared sensors. Again, she pauses just briefly to anticipate an opening and fires.

Trick Attack (Sense Motive): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28
Az. Laser Pistol: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 Darn, thats probably a miss even with flatfooted
Az. Laser Pistol damage (fire): 1d4 + 1d4 ⇒ (4) + (2) = 6

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Lashunta Solarian 3 | SP 21/21 : HP 25/25 : RP 4/4 | EAC 11 : KAC 12 EAC 14 : KAC 15 | F +3 : R +1 : W +2 | Perc. +9 : S.M. +3 : Init. +0 : Move 30' | Ember Doshko +7, 1d8+7F : Tactical Spear +7, 1d6+5P (20 ft) : Solar Weapon +7, 1d6+11 | STR +4 DEX +0 CON +0 INT +1 WIS -1 CHA +3 | Acrobatics: +4 Athletics: +10 Bluff: +7 Computers: +5 Culture: +5 Diplomacy: +7+1d6* Disguise +4 Intimidate: +12 Profession: +12 Stealth: +4+1d6* | Battery 20/20 | | CONDITIONS none : BUFFS none

GM: My next move I plan to move up to cover that is closer and throw again. But I am not sure what some of the things on the map are. Will the objects marked with an orange X provide cover if I am behind them?

Also: Can I see any way up to the scaffold the creature is on?


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

Addressed in discussion thread

201 to 250 of 344 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [SFS] 1-01 The Commencement - GM bigboom Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.