[SFS] 1-01 The Commencement - GM bigboom (Inactive)

Game Master bigboom

Slides and Maps


151 to 200 of 344 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Female Shirren Operative 1 | KAC 15 EAC 14 | HP 12/12 SP 8/8 RP 4/4 | F +2 R +5 W +4 | Init +4 | Perc +7 | Active Status:: -none-

Hirix picks up a commemorative photo showing "Laboni"'s dominating win, intending to maybe put it in a frame in her office.


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

Haha! That's awesome. I see there that I made a math error for Myr'iad, but no matter!

Acquisitives

SP 15/15 | HP 22/22 | RP 5/6 | Detect Thoughts SLA 0/1 | EAC 19, KAC 19, CMD 27 | F+2, R+8, W+3 | Init +7, Perc +10 | Damaya Lashunta Operative 3

"I'm glad Radaszam will be pleased with our success. The Dataphiles are as good as any to visit next."

Wayfinders

Neutral | Male Vesk | Solarion (Xenoseeker) 1 | EAC: 16 KAC: 18 vsCM: 26 | SP: 8/8 HP: 8/13 RP: 4/4 | Init: +1 | F:+3 R:+1 W:+2 | Perception 0 | Conditions:

"I shall take the carbon graphite gift unless there are others who would challenge my claim on it. We can go where you all see fit. I doubt it can be any less worthy than that garbage heap."

and by challenge I don't mean fight it out hehe just speaking in character for Sovo

Acquisitives

SP 15/15 | HP 22/22 | RP 5/6 | Detect Thoughts SLA 0/1 | EAC 19, KAC 19, CMD 27 | F+2, R+8, W+3 | Init +7, Perc +10 | Damaya Lashunta Operative 3

"I think if push comes to shove later we're gonna push you out front and let you shove everything around while I hide and shoot, so please take it."

Wayfinders

Neutral | Male Vesk | Solarion (Xenoseeker) 1 | EAC: 16 KAC: 18 vsCM: 26 | SP: 8/8 HP: 8/13 RP: 4/4 | Init: +1 | F:+3 R:+1 W:+2 | Perception 0 | Conditions:

Sovokolok-Asnari nods at Telwyn and then looks at the others instinctively standing tall amongst the others to present a fearsome demeanor.


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

Having decided to contact the Dataphiles faction leader next, your party returns to the Lorespire Complex, the home and heart of the Starfinder Society. It is astriking campus dedicated to knowledge with communal labs and historical departments that study the Archives’ massive collection of artifacts and texts, gathered by generations of agents from across the galaxy. A quick search of the directory indicates Historia-7 frequents the Archives’ Cortex, a computerized matrix containing digital records of the Starfinder Society’s most prominent discoveries.

The android reclines on a raised chair and is plugged into the local infosphere when the doors open. The neural cables detach themselves from her neck as she swivels in her seat to address the new arrivals. “Greetings, Starfinders,” she says calmly. “I am Historia-7. If you are seeking a mission from me, please be aware that my request requires both discretion and speed. Do not accept it if you feel incapable of working within these parameters.

“I discovered someone recently hacked into Bluerise Tower’s computer systems and stole a large amount of sensitive data from the resident corporations. I wish to be privy to this information. I managed to trace the hacker’s location through many proxies and erased the trail so that station and corporate security should be delayed in their pursuit. This deception will not fool them for long, so you must move quickly to retrieve the data before they can recover it. I will leave you to decide what to do with the hacker afterward, but should it be feasible, I believe that person would be an asset to the Society.”

Historia-7 image revealed in the slides

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Init +0 Per +7, LLV | Speed 20 SP 7 | HP 12 | RP 4 EAC 13 KAC 16 | SVs Fort +1/ Ref +0/ Will +5

"When you delayed, do mean minutes, hours, or days? No disrespect intended, I just want to get an accurate assessment of the situation."

Wayfinders

Neutral | Male Vesk | Solarion (Xenoseeker) 1 | EAC: 16 KAC: 18 vsCM: 26 | SP: 8/8 HP: 8/13 RP: 4/4 | Init: +1 | F:+3 R:+1 W:+2 | Perception 0 | Conditions:

"So we go from searching through garbage to searching for thieves. Are there no honourable tasks worthy of our skills?"

He stands aside ready to finish off this task but clearly not happy about the job they have been given.

Acquisitives

SP 15/15 | HP 22/22 | RP 5/6 | Detect Thoughts SLA 0/1 | EAC 19, KAC 19, CMD 27 | F+2, R+8, W+3 | Init +7, Perc +10 | Damaya Lashunta Operative 3

"We're on a civilized space station Sovokolok, there's no marauding band of bug people here to defeat in honorable hand to hand ritual combat." Telwyn smiles. "Except Hirix!"

"Do we want to try to recruit this guy with finesse or bust down his door all reptile-style?"


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

No mechanical effect since none of you were injured but I was thinking that between the Ratrod race and the current Historia-7 briefing, you guys had a good night's sleep. The Ratrod race was more or less an all day thing. If you wanted to go shopping for something between the end of that race and the current briefing though, you're welcome to do so.

Historia-7 replies to Brezaki, "Best case scenario, a day. Worst case, hours."

Looking to Sovokolok-Asnari, Historia-7 gently states, "Uncovering hidden threats to the organization you are a part of is a perfectly honorable task."

Turning to Telwyn, Historia-7 says, "I will leave it up to your team to decide whether finesse or brute force would be most appropriate, although I will say that mutual trust tends to result in stable, longer-lasting relationships than fear and intimidation.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Female Shirren Operative 1 | KAC 15 EAC 14 | HP 12/12 SP 8/8 RP 4/4 | F +2 R +5 W +4 | Init +4 | Perc +7 | Active Status:: -none-

"I'm on the case, Historia. You got a dossier on this perp?" Hirix billows a cloud of smoke towards the android "Where's this location of theirs?"

To Telwyn and Sovo, Hirix sends "You're going to have to find other marauding bug people, not all that interested in getting pasted by the big guy."


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

Looking at Hirix, Historia-7 states, "Unfortunately, I don't have any additional information regarding the identity of this hacker - only the location of the hacker."

She hands you a slip of paper with an address on it. The address is to a flat in the Drifter's End district. You all know this district to be known for providing cheap housing to vagabonds of all sorts.

"Any other questions before you depart, Starfinders?"

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Init +0 Per +7, LLV | Speed 20 SP 7 | HP 12 | RP 4 EAC 13 KAC 16 | SVs Fort +1/ Ref +0/ Will +5

"I think we have all the information we need. We should hurry, so that we're not too late."

Acquisitives

Android Operative (Ace Pilot) 1 | SP 8/8 HP 10/10 RP 5/5 | EAC 16 KAC 15 | FORT +1, REF +6, WILL +2 | INIT +5 | Perc +5 (LL&DV)

Myr'iad shakes their head. "We are ready and more than prepared to excel at speed and discretion. Such things are where we excel."

Sorry on the delay again. I'm just not having a very good 2018 so far.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Female Shirren Operative 1 | KAC 15 EAC 14 | HP 12/12 SP 8/8 RP 4/4 | F +2 R +5 W +4 | Init +4 | Perc +7 | Active Status:: -none-

Hirix nods in agreement with Myr'iad "Exactly the kind of work I'm here for. Let's blow."

Wayfinders

Neutral | Male Vesk | Solarion (Xenoseeker) 1 | EAC: 16 KAC: 18 vsCM: 26 | SP: 8/8 HP: 8/13 RP: 4/4 | Init: +1 | F:+3 R:+1 W:+2 | Perception 0 | Conditions:

"Hsss. Let us be done with this." Sovokolok-Asnari turns and heads out the door. Dressed now in the carbon graphite suit he looks down at it impressed at the comfort it provides. When the others file out he stares at them with unblinking vesk eyes. "Wherever this thief hides let us find them. What is the fastest way to their location?"


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

The address leads you to an apartment in the Drifter's End district that resembles a cement cube. There are several tomato plants in plastic barrels sitting on an otherwise barren porch. The plants are being hand-pollinated by a young human male in his mid-teens.

Acquisitives

SP 15/15 | HP 22/22 | RP 5/6 | Detect Thoughts SLA 0/1 | EAC 19, KAC 19, CMD 27 | F+2, R+8, W+3 | Init +7, Perc +10 | Damaya Lashunta Operative 3

As the party approaches Telwyn asks about setting a guard around the back.

"Do these dumps usually have a back door? Might make sense if one or two muscles want to go around in case he flies out at the first sign of trouble."


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

Your party can easily circle around the structure to scout out the entry and exits. And you do in fact see that there is a back door.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Female Shirren Operative 1 | KAC 15 EAC 14 | HP 12/12 SP 8/8 RP 4/4 | F +2 R +5 W +4 | Init +4 | Perc +7 | Active Status:: -none-

"Good idea Telwyn. I'll lean on the boy out front and see what he knows."

Hirix returns to the front of the building and spends minute leaning against an adjacent cement cube and watching the boy. She lights up a new cigarette and sends him "Hey there chum, I'm with the Starfinder Society, investigations. We got word there's a hacker around these parts. Might even be living right here. You got any ideas 'bout that?" She keeps her eye on him and her antennae trained to pick up on every movement of his body to read his reaction.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Lashunta Solarian 3 | SP 21/21 : HP 25/25 : RP 4/4 | EAC 11 : KAC 12 EAC 14 : KAC 15 | F +3 : R +1 : W +2 | Perc. +9 : S.M. +3 : Init. +0 : Move 30' | Ember Doshko +7, 1d8+7F : Tactical Spear +7, 1d6+5P (20 ft) : Solar Weapon +7, 1d6+11 | STR +4 DEX +0 CON +0 INT +1 WIS -1 CHA +3 | Acrobatics: +4 Athletics: +10 Bluff: +7 Computers: +5 Culture: +5 Diplomacy: +7+1d6* Disguise +4 Intimidate: +12 Profession: +12 Stealth: +4+1d6* | Battery 20/20 | | CONDITIONS none : BUFFS none

"That's right! You should know, it's nothing bad. The Starfinder Society is always looking for talent. We offer a chance to put abilities like that to constructive use! And the pay isn't bad either."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Acquisitives

SP 15/15 | HP 22/22 | RP 5/6 | Detect Thoughts SLA 0/1 | EAC 19, KAC 19, CMD 27 | F+2, R+8, W+3 | Init +7, Perc +10 | Damaya Lashunta Operative 3

Telwyn will wait around the back ready to talk him down or try and apprehend if he runs.


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

The kid's eyes widen, "Really? The Starfinder Society? And a hacker? Down here, in Drifter's End? No one ever comes down here...wow!! No wait...are you serious or are you playing a prank on me? Did Frank put you up to this?"

He stands up and looks around, "Frank!! Frank come out! HA! HA! That's pretty funny! Where did you find these guys? I hope you didn't pay them because they're not convincing AT ALL!!!"

He turns back to you and says, "No offense of course but nice try!"

For Hirix:
He seems sincere in not knowing anything about a hacker and not believing you really are Starfinders.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Init +0 Per +7, LLV | Speed 20 SP 7 | HP 12 | RP 4 EAC 13 KAC 16 | SVs Fort +1/ Ref +0/ Will +5

"Young man, we are Starfinders and the person we are looking for is serious trouble. It's important that we find them as quickly is possible. Here's proof of who we are."

Brezaki shows the kid her subdermal implant.


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

The boy sees the implant and his eyes widen. "Oh WOW! You guys really ARE Starfinders! Wait till I tell..."

And at that moment the front door opens and a wizened old woman in a blue-and-white abaya pokes her head out the door, saying, "Jubair? What's all the noise out here? Everything okay?"

The boy looks over and says, "Grandma! Look, these guys are Starfinders!!"

The old lady says, "Oh pish posh, that can't possibly be true!" She looks up and down the street and says, "Frank!! Come on out you little rascal!! You done wasted your money this time! Your last prank was much more original!! These folks you hired don't even look intelligent, you expect them to pass for Starfinders? What a hoot!!!"

The boy turns beet red and says in a hushed tone, "Grandma! Look at her hand!" He points to Bonesaw's hand currently displaying the Starfinder insignia.

The lady says, "Oh my word! Isn't that surprising!" She quickly straightens up and with a more dignified, proper air about her, says to the group, "Well then, visitors! Please forgive my manners! May I invite you all in for a cup of tea? And then you can all explain how Jubair here and I can help you! Please, please! Come in! Very sorry about the mess, we weren't expecting visitors!"

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Lashunta Solarian 3 | SP 21/21 : HP 25/25 : RP 4/4 | EAC 11 : KAC 12 EAC 14 : KAC 15 | F +3 : R +1 : W +2 | Perc. +9 : S.M. +3 : Init. +0 : Move 30' | Ember Doshko +7, 1d8+7F : Tactical Spear +7, 1d6+5P (20 ft) : Solar Weapon +7, 1d6+11 | STR +4 DEX +0 CON +0 INT +1 WIS -1 CHA +3 | Acrobatics: +4 Athletics: +10 Bluff: +7 Computers: +5 Culture: +5 Diplomacy: +7+1d6* Disguise +4 Intimidate: +12 Profession: +12 Stealth: +4+1d6* | Battery 20/20 | | CONDITIONS none : BUFFS none

"Oh, not at all, ma'am, not at all. So kind of you to invite us into your home."

Aazanar tries to take in as much as he can as he looks around inside.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Wayfinders

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Neutral | Male Vesk | Solarion (Xenoseeker) 1 | EAC: 16 KAC: 18 vsCM: 26 | SP: 8/8 HP: 8/13 RP: 4/4 | Init: +1 | F:+3 R:+1 W:+2 | Perception 0 | Conditions:

On the trip over to the Drifter's End

Sovokolok-Asnari looks uncomfortable and yells with frustration. "This will not do!"[/ooc] he removes the graphite carbon suit and throws it down quickly donning his second skin. [b]"The suit is cut too small. Take Aazanar it looks like you would need it more."

At the building
"Another whelp! How is it the young of your races causes so many problems!? Let us end this now and get the information from him!" he looks to move towards the boy but the others intercept him faster. Seeing he resigns to keep in the rear in case the whelp flees.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Shirren Operative 1 | KAC 15 EAC 14 | HP 12/12 SP 8/8 RP 4/4 | F +2 R +5 W +4 | Init +4 | Perc +7 | Active Status:: -none-

Lol Sovo, your vesk strips down in the middle of the street?

Hirix follows the old lady into the house and takes a seat at a table. She puts her clawed feet up and blows a smoke ring before sending "Thanks for the hospitality ma'am. We're following up on a report. Our boss traced a hacker's trail here, to your house. Something about data stolen from Bluerise. You got any of that sort boarding with you? Your grandson doesn't look the type."

Sense Motive to read her reaction, if she's lying etc: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Wayfinders

Neutral | Male Vesk | Solarion (Xenoseeker) 1 | EAC: 16 KAC: 18 vsCM: 26 | SP: 8/8 HP: 8/13 RP: 4/4 | Init: +1 | F:+3 R:+1 W:+2 | Perception 0 | Conditions:

Vesk are not ashamed of their bodies!!! hehe


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

Previously, while on the public rail heading over to Drifter's End...

Upon seeing Sovokolok-Asnari remove his clothing in public a (much) older human female obviously likes what she sees. She walks up to Sovokolok-Asnari and purrs/growls at him, "Puuuurrrrrrrrr.... raaaawr!" then presses a one credit bill into his palm.

Written on the bill is "Call me you crazy lizard! Martha xoxo" as well as her personal comms contact info.

-----------------------------------

Currently at Drifter's End...

Entering the apartment, you see boxes of nutrient broth, gardening tools, and various cultural knickknacks clutter the floor, leaving barely enough room for you to sit in their living room. The grandmother introduces herself, "My name is Ceren. I'll be right back with that tea." She disappears into the kitchen and reappears moments later with tea for everyone. "Now, what was it that we can do for you Starfinders?"

After you re-explain what you already stated outside, Ceren closes her eyes and you can see her eyeballs moving quickly under her eyelids (similar to someone in REM sleep). A second later, she re-opens her eyes and says, "Oh dear, oh my! This is not good..."

"I checked my neural implants just now and it appears I have the files you're looking for! I honestly don't remember how I acquired them though."

Jubair jumps up in surprise, "Grandma!?! What? But how???"

"Sit down dear." Ceren says. "You're old enough now and it's about time you know." She turns to all of you and continues, "You see, I was quite the hacker in my younger years. In fact, I was one of the very best. I guess you could say that me and my colleagues... no... my friends... did quite a bit of running in the shadows versus various corps." She turns to Jubair and says, "Oh, you should've seen your grandfather in those days. Tough as nails in a street fight! Strong and confident like samurai in those old holo-movies you like to watch so much."

Turning back to everyone, she continues, "Well, old age brought on a deenerative brain disease, which forced me into retirement. Some brain augmentations has halted the damage and keeps me lucid but I still have large lapses in memory and I'm just not as capable as I used to be. I must have temporarily slipped into my younger mindset, performed the hack, stole the files, then forgotten about it. I can't remember doing this at all but it's the only explanation for why I have the files."

Her face then turns dead serious, "Look, Jubair here is a good, innocent boy. But I've been around the block many, many times so I know where this is going. I am happy to hand the files over to you but I need your assistance. The fact of the matter is, I've stolen from Bluerise Tower, so it's only a matter of time before corporate security hunts me down and if I get taken down, who will watch over Jubair? I'm the only family Jubair has left. Given my age and current state, there's no way I can evade corporate agents on my own. I need you to fake my death, create a new identity for me, then place both me and Jubair under Society protection. What do you say?"

Acquisitives

SP 15/15 | HP 22/22 | RP 5/6 | Detect Thoughts SLA 0/1 | EAC 19, KAC 19, CMD 27 | F+2, R+8, W+3 | Init +7, Perc +10 | Damaya Lashunta Operative 3

Telwyn, being outside, will try and keep up to date of the events through Hirix or Aaz telepathy. If she's all caught up she will chime in with the two of them.

You guys in there want to go down this path? While you guys are trying to get her straight story, I might be able to contact Historia-7 or someone at the Dataphiles and see what kind of accommodations might be made and with what stipulations.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Lashunta Solarian 3 | SP 21/21 : HP 25/25 : RP 4/4 | EAC 11 : KAC 12 EAC 14 : KAC 15 | F +3 : R +1 : W +2 | Perc. +9 : S.M. +3 : Init. +0 : Move 30' | Ember Doshko +7, 1d8+7F : Tactical Spear +7, 1d6+5P (20 ft) : Solar Weapon +7, 1d6+11 | STR +4 DEX +0 CON +0 INT +1 WIS -1 CHA +3 | Acrobatics: +4 Athletics: +10 Bluff: +7 Computers: +5 Culture: +5 Diplomacy: +7+1d6* Disguise +4 Intimidate: +12 Profession: +12 Stealth: +4+1d6* | Battery 20/20 | | CONDITIONS none : BUFFS none

"Fake your death, eh?" Aazanar says, thinking the idea over.

"I've never done that myself, but I expect the society can handle something like that. If you're a hacker, couldn't you put something in the station records yourself?"

Aazanar goes to the window and broadcasts to Telwyn.

{Yeah, call Historia-7. Find out what kind of resources we have for this kind of thing. Fake documents, I.D., that kind of stuff.}

Acquisitives

Android Operative (Ace Pilot) 1 | SP 8/8 HP 10/10 RP 5/5 | EAC 16 KAC 15 | FORT +1, REF +6, WILL +2 | INIT +5 | Perc +5 (LL&DV)

Myr'iad listens to the story with skepticism, not quite believing the story about the disease. 'We have seen such things before when we commanded the chasis. It was many, many years ago. Organic brains function much differently than ours. They are capable of fantastic feats, but also prone to terminal errors. In fact, one might even suggest that our brain is suffering from a disease. We have never heard of a symbiosis like ours before.'

'Such a skilled hacker should be given protection against the bastard corporates. They take and they take with little regard to others.'

'True, but does the Society want to become embroiled in such?'

'Doesn't matter. We say take the offer!'

Myr'iad closes their eyes briefly as an argument wages inside their consciousness between the numerous ghosts within their shell. When they open their eyes, a brief cycle appears in their eyes before they return to the normal vibrant blue. "We are in agreement that we should seek to provide them protection."

Acquisitives

SP 15/15 | HP 22/22 | RP 5/6 | Detect Thoughts SLA 0/1 | EAC 19, KAC 19, CMD 27 | F+2, R+8, W+3 | Init +7, Perc +10 | Damaya Lashunta Operative 3

Telwyn fills in Sovokolok and gets on the comm trying to contact Historia-7 or someone else in the Dataphiles. Assuming she can get ahold of someone with some authority there, she'll explain the situation to them. "... So if we can make this work and fake this old lady's death, is the Society willing to see to their needs? I'm not sure how much of a long term asset the old lady might be, but maybe debriefing some of her old work might prove fruitful at least."

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Female Shirren Operative 1 | KAC 15 EAC 14 | HP 12/12 SP 8/8 RP 4/4 | F +2 R +5 W +4 | Init +4 | Perc +7 | Active Status:: -none-

Hirix sends directly to Telwyn "I reckon that's the right move, but I think we should help the old dame here regardless."

She makes a show of listening attentively to Ceren's story, knowing that this kind of professionalism tends to put clients at ease. "Sounds like you've been through a lot ma'am. But its good we were here to get you all smarted up, yeah? Now don't you worry. We'll contact the boss and get all our permissions in a row, then have you dancing on air in no time. Figuratively of course."

Hirix brainstorms what kinds of procedures might be needed to fake an old woman's death on Absalom Station...

Culture: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Init +0 Per +7, LLV | Speed 20 SP 7 | HP 12 | RP 4 EAC 13 KAC 16 | SVs Fort +1/ Ref +0/ Will +5

"Hmmmm...faking a death, huh? I'm more using to saving lives, but maybe I can put my medical knowledge to some use."

Think, Brezaki, what would you do if you wanted to fake your own death? There are some chems that could slow her heart rate down quite a bit but I wonder if I would get the dose right?

Medicine: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

"I would rather not drag anyone I know into doing something illegal. I do know a few EMTs who probably shouldn't be allowed to work; like they can't kind someone's pulse with a quantum microscope. I could hlep make sure that when she keels over its somewhere and sometime when they're on duty."

Profession:EMT: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

Telwyn tries to contact Historia-7 and reaches her personal assistant who says, "Historia-7 is unavailable at this time. However, I have been briefed on your assignment and can tell you with confidence that the Society would more than welcome providing her safe haven. If I understand correctly, Historia-7 would actually prefer if you were able to bring the hacker into the employ of the Society so this would be a win-win scenario for us and for the hacker. However, as to faking the hacker's death and setting up a new identity, your team will have to accomplish that beforehand without Historia-7's assistance due to her current unavailability. Good luck!"

--------------------------

Ceren replies to Aaz, "Well, if my mind were as sharp as it used to be, then yes, I would be able to fake my own death. But in that case, I would also be able to disappear on my own without the Starfinder Society's help. Unfortunately, my mind isn't that sharp anymore... except for when it slips into my younger mindset, apparently."

Upon everyone stating that they are willing to help her fake her death in exchange for the files, she says, "Excellent! Oh my, despite the gravity of the situation, isn't this quite exciting?? Reminds me of my younger days..."

Flabbergasted, Jubair starts saying, "What?!? Grandma! Do you know how serious this situa...."

Ceren cuts off Jubair mid-sentence and says, "Hush now Jubair! Let grandma live a little!" Turning back to your party, she says, "Jubair and I will go into temporary hiding while you fake my death and set up my new identity. Then we'll meet in 6 hours in Jatembe Park." She gives you directions to a bridge in the park and the two of them grab a few items and quickly depart.

Hirix put on her devious detective hat and is on the case as she determines how to 1) fake Ceren's death, and 2) set up a new identity for Ceren. This is what she comes up with...

--------------------------

Death Certificate (Faking Ceren's Death)

Hirix informs the group, "Getting a death certifiate registered for Ceren would provide proof of death. Someone in the funerary, medical, or security field can possibly file a false report..."

The moment Hirix mentions this, Bonesaw interrupts, "On it!!" and he runs off to submit a false death report.
I'm going to use your profession EMT roll for this

Hirix finishes his sentence, "...or we could get a mortician to... well, nevermind. Bonesaw's on it." Hirix's eyes follow Bonesaw as Bonesaw runs off down the street to the nearest medical center to file the report...

--------------------------

New Identity

Hirix moves on to the subject of how to setup a new identity...

To set up a new identity, each character (including Bonesaw) can roll any one of the following (or opt to not roll at all):

  • Bluff, Culture, or Disguise to help set up a solid new alias
  • Diplomacy to provide Ceren with allies and contacts in her new life
  • Profession to set Ceren up with a new job. This can be in any profession that is not degrading or dangerous for someone who is of grandmother age
  • Computers to forge identification papers

Along with your roll, give me a description of what you imagine your character is doing.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Lashunta Solarian 3 | SP 21/21 : HP 25/25 : RP 4/4 | EAC 11 : KAC 12 EAC 14 : KAC 15 | F +3 : R +1 : W +2 | Perc. +9 : S.M. +3 : Init. +0 : Move 30' | Ember Doshko +7, 1d8+7F : Tactical Spear +7, 1d6+5P (20 ft) : Solar Weapon +7, 1d6+11 | STR +4 DEX +0 CON +0 INT +1 WIS -1 CHA +3 | Acrobatics: +4 Athletics: +10 Bluff: +7 Computers: +5 Culture: +5 Diplomacy: +7+1d6* Disguise +4 Intimidate: +12 Profession: +12 Stealth: +4+1d6* | Battery 20/20 | | CONDITIONS none : BUFFS none

How about Profession (theatre)?

"Have you ever imagined working in Theatre?" Aazanar asks. "There are lots of minor jobs, off-stage and on. It doesn't pay much, but then, the Starfinder society will be your real employer."

"I can probably find you something working backstage at a community theatre. If you are good with computers, maybe you could help out with things like lighting, or perhaps infosphere publicity."

Profession (theatre): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19

Acquisitives

SP 15/15 | HP 22/22 | RP 5/6 | Detect Thoughts SLA 0/1 | EAC 19, KAC 19, CMD 27 | F+2, R+8, W+3 | Init +7, Perc +10 | Damaya Lashunta Operative 3

Telwyn comes in and informs everyone the Society will be willing to take them in, but we are on our own for the death faking, not that she expects it to be too hard.

"Well I have a little experience with how to convince people with a few... alternative... facts about your life."

Telwyn recalls what she thinks are some useful techniques for them to help fill in gaps more convincingly on the fly.

Bluff: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31

"When you are talking to people, a little bit of mystery goes a long way. Don't overexplain, the more details you give someone the more questions they might have, and the greater chance they are more familiar with a part of your lie."

hopefully these crit rolls don't run outbefore some important combat!

Wayfinders

Neutral | Male Vesk | Solarion (Xenoseeker) 1 | EAC: 16 KAC: 18 vsCM: 26 | SP: 8/8 HP: 8/13 RP: 4/4 | Init: +1 | F:+3 R:+1 W:+2 | Perception 0 | Conditions:

Sovokolok-Asnari watches as the others scramble trying to fake the death of the matron. "She will die soon anyway. Her bones already look bent. She is of that much use to the Corporation? I am still unsure of the ways of the Society. Do what you have been tasked to do.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Init +0 Per +7, LLV | Speed 20 SP 7 | HP 12 | RP 4 EAC 13 KAC 16 | SVs Fort +1/ Ref +0/ Will +5

Outside of my Medicine and Profession Rolls, it doesn't look like I have any relevant skills to help out with this.

Wayfinders

Neutral | Male Vesk | Solarion (Xenoseeker) 1 | EAC: 16 KAC: 18 vsCM: 26 | SP: 8/8 HP: 8/13 RP: 4/4 | Init: +1 | F:+3 R:+1 W:+2 | Perception 0 | Conditions:

Same boat...Sovo is all brawn right now and a lady killer hehe :)

Acquisitives

1 person marked this as a favorite.
SP 15/15 | HP 22/22 | RP 5/6 | Detect Thoughts SLA 0/1 | EAC 19, KAC 19, CMD 27 | F+2, R+8, W+3 | Init +7, Perc +10 | Damaya Lashunta Operative 3

Telwyn isn't having this attitude from the big lizard.

"This is YOUR task too Sovokolok. You agreed to this work when you joined the Society and took this job from Historia-7. If you plan on dishonoring your own word please at least do so in silence."

Just RP here haha

Wayfinders

Neutral | Male Vesk | Solarion (Xenoseeker) 1 | EAC: 16 KAC: 18 vsCM: 26 | SP: 8/8 HP: 8/13 RP: 4/4 | Init: +1 | F:+3 R:+1 W:+2 | Perception 0 | Conditions:

"Hssss! Watch your tongue Lashunta. My task is to protect you all in this moment – the matron and the whelp included – there nothing else for me to do now. I will stand watch to make sure none disturb you in your task. And I shall speak when I feel the need to."

hehe no prob

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Shirren Operative 1 | KAC 15 EAC 14 | HP 12/12 SP 8/8 RP 4/4 | F +2 R +5 W +4 | Init +4 | Perc +7 | Active Status:: -none-

Hirix joins Telwyn in filling out the interpersonal contacts and details of Ceren's new life. Unlike the lashunta though, she focuses on real physical attributes of Ceren's new identity: finding her a new place to live, ordering appropriate decor for the dwelling, signing her up for the local market discount card, getting her a membership to the local gym, and so on.

Culture: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

With the greatest of ease, your crack team puts together a new identity for Ceren.

Aaz arranges for her to work part-time as the stage special effects operator. Moreover, whenever a production calls for a grandmotherly type to say a few lines, she'll get a little bit of stage time. Jubair also spends a good amount of time with Ceren at the theater and (when he gets a bit older) decides to pursue a career in acting. He finds its more fulfilling than hand-pollinating tomato plants.

Telwyn coaches Ceren in how to be convincing in her new identity. Ceren soon develops a knack for using 'alternative facts' when talking about herself - proving that she very much did often 'run the shadows' in her younger years.

Hirix finds an apartment and proceeds to sign the lease with the property agent. Sovokolok-Asnari stands guard behind Hirix, stone-faced. Bonesaw stands behind Sovokolok-Asnari, facepalming, thinking And that right there is why most of the universe thinks we're a bunch of psychotic bullies.

Hirix heads to the home furnishings area in a department store and purchases interior decorations. Sovokolok-Asnari stands guard behind Hirix, stone-faced. Bonesaw stands behind Sovokolok-Asnari, facepalming, thinking And that right there is why most of the universe thinks we're a bunch of psychotic bullies.

Hirix visits the local market to sign up for a discount card. Sovokolok-Asnari stands guard behind Hirix, stone-faced. Bonesaw stands behind Sovokolok-Asnari, facepalming, thinking And that right there is why most of the universe thinks we're a bunch of psychotic bullies.

Hirix negotiates a senior citizen rate for Ceren at the local gym. Sovokolok-Asnari stands guard behind Hirix, stone-faced. Bonesaw stands behind Sovokolok-Asnari, facepalming, thinking And that right there is why most of the universe thinks we're a bunch of psychotic bullies.

Myr'iad, if you like, please go ahead and drop a skill roll as well when you have time to post. However, I'm going to move forward into the next scene because we will have...... dun Dun DUN!!! A combat encounter!!


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

Six hours after your team separated from Ceren and Jubair, you head to Jatembe Park. Open to all citizens, Jatembe Park occupies a wide portion of the Eye of Absalom Station. Filled with lush trees and open grass fields, the park offers some natural terrain to the otherwise metal clad station. Ceren’s meeting point is one such forested portion of the park, specifically a spot often ignored by citizens due to the winding path required to reach it.

When you arrive at the bridge as instructed by Ceren, you see her standing there, confronted by a human ganger pointing a pistol at her. He spots your team and yells, "This doesn't concern you! Leave the area and you won't be harmed!" Do you comply? Of course not!! Suddenly, two additional gangers pop out from behind some some trees and open fire on you with pulsecaster pistols!!

Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Perception Rolls:
Perception, Aazanar Kroi: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Perception, Telwyn: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Perception, Hirix: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Perception, Bonesaw: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Perception, Myr’iad: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Perception, Sovokolok: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 0 = 8

The blue and green gangers, but none of the party members, may act in the surprise round!
Sorry!!

Initiative Rolls:
Initiative, Aazanar Kroi: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4
Initiative, Telwyn: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Initiative, Hirix: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Initiative, Bonesaw: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16
Initiative, Myr’iad: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Initiative, Sovokolok: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Initiative, Gangers: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Map is up in the slides!

Surprise Round Ganger Attacks
Blue Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 Attack on Sovokolok-Asnari misses
Blue Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3
Green Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20 Attack on Azanar Kroi hits
Green Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Round 1 Ganger Attacks
Blue Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 Attack on Sovokolok-Asnari misses
Blue Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3
Green Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 Attack on Azanar Kroi misses
Green Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3
Red Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22 Attack on Sovokolok-Asnari hits
Red Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Round 1
The following characters in bold may take their action. I assume every character currently has their weapons holstered unless you have a reasonable explanation for wielding a weapon while walking through a public park:
Blue Ganger
Green Ganger
Red Ganger
Brezaki
Hirix
Sovokolok-Asnari (-4 nonlethal)
Telwyn
Myr’iad
Azanar Kroi (-4 nonlethal)

NOTE: The Blue and Green Gangers were hiding behind trees when they jumped out and surprised you. But now that they're exposed, you can assume they don't currently have cover or other environmental penalties applied to your attack rolls.

Acquisitives

SP 15/15 | HP 22/22 | RP 5/6 | Detect Thoughts SLA 0/1 | EAC 19, KAC 19, CMD 27 | F+2, R+8, W+3 | Init +7, Perc +10 | Damaya Lashunta Operative 3

Telwyn draws her static arc pistol and returns fire at Green Ganger.

Energy Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Electric Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Wayfinders

Neutral | Male Vesk | Solarion (Xenoseeker) 1 | EAC: 16 KAC: 18 vsCM: 26 | SP: 8/8 HP: 8/13 RP: 4/4 | Init: +1 | F:+3 R:+1 W:+2 | Perception 0 | Conditions:

Sovokolok-Asnari barely even winces when he is hit by the energy pulse. Ignoring the gangers hiding in the trees he charges straight for the ganger holding Ceren.

"HSSSSSSS!" a deep loud hiss erupts from Sovokolok-Asnari's echoing throughout the park. "The matron and the whelp are no longer your concern. It should be US!"

Demoralize vs Red Ganger: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Demoralize:
As a standard action, you can use Intimidate to cause a creature within 30 feet of you to become shaken for a number of rounds. This is a sense-dependent ability. The DC of this check is equal to either 10 + your opponent’s total Intimidate skill bonus, or 15 + 1-1/2 × the opponent’s CR, whichever is greater. If you succeed, the target is shaken for 1 round. The duration increases by 1 round for every 5 by which the result of your check exceeds the DC.

As he moves closer to the ganger across the bridge the mote surrounding his head darkens to the deepest black you have ever seen. In that moment an energy manifests over his right hand and from it you see five dark, foreboding claws stretch out of his hand.

Move action= 30 ft; Free action= Manifest solar weapon, Enter photon mode (1 photon point); Standard= Intimidate red ganger

151 to 200 of 344 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [SFS] 1-01 The Commencement - GM bigboom Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.