[SFS] 1-01 The Commencement - GM bigboom (Inactive)

Game Master bigboom

Slides and Maps


101 to 150 of 344 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Female Shirren Operative 1 | KAC 15 EAC 14 | HP 12/12 SP 8/8 RP 4/4 | F +2 R +5 W +4 | Init +4 | Perc +7 | Active Status:: -none-

Hirix stares glumly at the two remaining weapons on the vehicle. "I've got to take one of the zappers?"

She takes the controls of one of the energy weapons and fires at Nyizin.

Pew Pew Pew: 1d20 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (10) + 3 - 1 = 12

Wayfinders

Neutral | Male Vesk | Solarion (Xenoseeker) 1 | EAC: 16 KAC: 18 vsCM: 26 | SP: 8/8 HP: 8/13 RP: 4/4 | Init: +1 | F:+3 R:+1 W:+2 | Perception 0 | Conditions:

"For Veskarium!" At that Sovokolok-Asnari unleashes several rounds of shrapnel at Ratrod, but the turret gets stuck as he attempts to turn the guns on the ysoki.

Kinetic Gun: 1d20 + 1 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 1 - 1 = 6

Acquisitives

Android Operative (Ace Pilot) 1 | SP 8/8 HP 10/10 RP 5/5 | EAC 16 KAC 15 | FORT +1, REF +6, WILL +2 | INIT +5 | Perc +5 (LL&DV)

Piloting: 1d20 + 10 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 10 + 3 = 22

Myr'iad glances at Telwyn. "Yes, Telwyn, we will handle the controls of the racer. We believe that it the most efficient use of our skills."

While the others acquaint themselves with the weapons systems, Myr'iad takes the stick of the racer, feeling a slight elation that shows as a tiny upwards pull at the corner of their lips. When the green light illuminates they throw the throttle forward and the racer fires off the line! They take a moment to get the feel for the unique way the vessel moves before settling into a comfortable pace.


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

The Race - Round 1 Conclusion

Attacks:

GM Roll: 4d5 ⇒ (2, 1, 1, 2) = 6 Lemgem, Ratrod, Lemgem, Orsis
ATK1, Lemgem: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
ATK1, Orsis: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
ATK2, Orsis: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
ATK1, Ratrod: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
ATK1, Velocity: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
ATK2, Velocity: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Piloting DC16:

Lemgem Special: 1d4 ⇒ 2
Piloting, Lemgem: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 6 - 4 = 19
Piloting, Nyizin: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 8 - 4 = 13
Piloting, Orsis: 1d20 + 8 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 8 - 4 - 4 = 10
Piloting, Ratrod: 1d20 + 10 - 4 - 6 ⇒ (10) + 10 - 4 - 6 = 10
Piloting, Velocity: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Myr'iad = 22-4 = 18

Racer Standings (3000 ft wins)

  • Lemgem: 500 ft
  • Nyizin: 275 ft
  • Orsis: 250 ft
  • Ratrod: 275 ft
  • Velocity: 250 ft
  • Laboni: 650 ft

"GOOOOOOOD AFTERNOOOOOOOOOOON AAAAABSALOOOOOOM STAAAAAAAAY-SHUUUUUUUUN!!!! My name is Raatchet and I'll be the announcer for today's big race. The big question on everyone's mind...will the trash-talking Laboni back up her words against crowd favorite Ratrod?? Laboni is a brand new contender and works with the well-known Starfinder Society, who's honor she'll be defending in this race. She's got her work cut out for her though as crowd favorite Ratrod has remained undefeated for...well...as long as this announcer can remember!

"And they're OFF!!! Look at those guns blaze! Oh MYYYYYY!! Laboni has really geared up her racer! It appears she's got one...two...three...FOUR weapons!?!? That's UNHEARD of!! Right off the bat, Laboni's first two shots are directed towards Ratrod, one of which hits! Another shot at Orsis and a fourth at Nyizin both of which hits! Ratrod, it's no surprise, returns fire at Laboni and scores a hit!

"With unbridled gnomish fury, Lemgem shoots at Ratrod and misses! Nyizin's junkracer appears to have no weapons...her racer must be built for pure speed! Orsis appears armed to the teeth with two weapons, an energy weapon and kinetic weapon, takes a shot at Lemgem and Ratrod, both hitting! And Velocity, also armed with two weapons, shoots at Lemgem, missing and at Orsis, scoring a hit!

"And here they are...coming around the first corner...and what's this? Can it be? Yes, it appears Laboni is in the lead! Well, that's unexpected, ladies and gentleman! Perhaps this upstart lil human has a chance?? Inconceivable!!!"

The crowd, not yet swayed away from supporting Ratrod, continues to chant, ""RAT-ROD! RAT-ROD! RAT-ROD!"

By the way, I forgot to mention, the piloting checks are DC 16 for all racers


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

The Race - Round 2 Start

The characters in bold may provide their respective actions:

  • Azanar Kroi: Select energy or kinetic weapon, specify target and roll ranged attack
  • Telwyn: Select energy or kinetic weapon, specify target and roll ranged attack
  • Hirix: Select energy or kinetic weapon, specify target and roll ranged attack
  • Sovokolok-Asnari: Select energy or kinetic weapon, specify target and roll ranged attack
  • Myr’iad: Roll piloting + 3 vehicle modifier

Ranged attack rolls: 1d20 + BAB + DEX mod -1 vehicle mod

Laboni's Junkracer, Final Stats:
Laboni's Junkracer
Speed 65 ft., full 650 ft.
EAC 12; KAC 14
Attack energy weapon (–4 to Piloting) ; kinetic weapon (-4 to Piloting) ; kinetic weapon (-4 to Piloting) ; energy weapon (-4 to Piloting)
Modifiers +3 Piloting, –1 attack
Passengers 1

Wayfinders

Neutral | Male Vesk | Solarion (Xenoseeker) 1 | EAC: 16 KAC: 18 vsCM: 26 | SP: 8/8 HP: 8/13 RP: 4/4 | Init: +1 | F:+3 R:+1 W:+2 | Perception 0 | Conditions:

Sovokolok-Asnari points the gatling gun at Ratrod and unleashes another series of shrapnel at him.

Kinetic Gun: 1d20 + 1 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 + 1 - 1 = 10

Acquisitives

SP 15/15 | HP 22/22 | RP 5/6 | Detect Thoughts SLA 0/1 | EAC 19, KAC 19, CMD 27 | F+2, R+8, W+3 | Init +7, Perc +10 | Damaya Lashunta Operative 3

"We're supposed to take it easy on the gnome right? Everyone else is back in the dust, so I'm gonna keep the hurt on that little vermin."

Kinetic attack on Ratrod: 1d20 + 0 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 0 + 4 - 1 = 7

"Blast! Missed the little rodent..."

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Female Shirren Operative 1 | KAC 15 EAC 14 | HP 12/12 SP 8/8 RP 4/4 | F +2 R +5 W +4 | Init +4 | Perc +7 | Active Status:: -none-

Hirix keeps her energy weapon trained on Nyizin and fires away.

Kkkk-ZOW!: 1d20 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 3 - 1 = 14

"Like a wrecking crew at work." Her mental voice carries a current of smug excitement.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Lashunta Solarian 3 | SP 21/21 : HP 25/25 : RP 4/4 | EAC 11 : KAC 12 EAC 14 : KAC 15 | F +3 : R +1 : W +2 | Perc. +9 : S.M. +3 : Init. +0 : Move 30' | Ember Doshko +7, 1d8+7F : Tactical Spear +7, 1d6+5P (20 ft) : Solar Weapon +7, 1d6+11 | STR +4 DEX +0 CON +0 INT +1 WIS -1 CHA +3 | Acrobatics: +4 Athletics: +10 Bluff: +7 Computers: +5 Culture: +5 Diplomacy: +7+1d6* Disguise +4 Intimidate: +12 Profession: +12 Stealth: +4+1d6* | Battery 20/20 | | CONDITIONS none : BUFFS none

Knowing that his ebergy weapon won't affect Ratrod, Aazanar lines up his gun against Orsis.

Energy weapon: 1d20 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 - 1 = 2

But a piece of junk that has fallen onto the track gets in the way! Orsis' racer is unharmed, though the piece of debris is thoroughly vaporized.

"Crumb buckets!" he shouts. "I missed!"

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Init +0 Per +7, LLV | Speed 20 SP 7 | HP 12 | RP 4 EAC 13 KAC 16 | SVs Fort +1/ Ref +0/ Will +5

"Oh wow, everybody! We're in the lead already! Uh-oh, it looks like Lemgem is right on our tail though."

Wayfinders

Neutral | Male Vesk | Solarion (Xenoseeker) 1 | EAC: 16 KAC: 18 vsCM: 26 | SP: 8/8 HP: 8/13 RP: 4/4 | Init: +1 | F:+3 R:+1 W:+2 | Perception 0 | Conditions:

"The gnome is with us. She will honour her part of the deal if only to teach Ratrod a lesson." Sovokolok-Asnari announces to Brezaki as he waits for an opening to fire on Ratrod.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Lashunta Solarian 3 | SP 21/21 : HP 25/25 : RP 4/4 | EAC 11 : KAC 12 EAC 14 : KAC 15 | F +3 : R +1 : W +2 | Perc. +9 : S.M. +3 : Init. +0 : Move 30' | Ember Doshko +7, 1d8+7F : Tactical Spear +7, 1d6+5P (20 ft) : Solar Weapon +7, 1d6+11 | STR +4 DEX +0 CON +0 INT +1 WIS -1 CHA +3 | Acrobatics: +4 Athletics: +10 Bluff: +7 Computers: +5 Culture: +5 Diplomacy: +7+1d6* Disguise +4 Intimidate: +12 Profession: +12 Stealth: +4+1d6* | Battery 20/20 | | CONDITIONS none : BUFFS none
Brezaki "Bonesaw" Mihkinz wrote:
"Oh wow, everybody! We're in the lead already! Uh-oh, it looks like Lemgem is right on our tail though."

"Lemgem is helping us, remember?"

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Init +0 Per +7, LLV | Speed 20 SP 7 | HP 12 | RP 4 EAC 13 KAC 16 | SVs Fort +1/ Ref +0/ Will +5

"Sure, but we still want to win, don't we?"

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Female Shirren Operative 1 | KAC 15 EAC 14 | HP 12/12 SP 8/8 RP 4/4 | F +2 R +5 W +4 | Init +4 | Perc +7 | Active Status:: -none-

"You got it Bones. We blast the sucker if she betrays us."

Wayfinders

Neutral | Male Vesk | Solarion (Xenoseeker) 1 | EAC: 16 KAC: 18 vsCM: 26 | SP: 8/8 HP: 8/13 RP: 4/4 | Init: +1 | F:+3 R:+1 W:+2 | Perception 0 | Conditions:

"She will let us pass her when the time is right."


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

Myr'iad, I've gone ahead and botted your piloting roll for Round 2. But go ahead and post away with your piloting roll for Round 3 whenever you have a chance!

The Race - Round 2 Conclusion

Attacks:

ATK1, Lemgem: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
ATK1, Orsis: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
ATK2, Orsis: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
ATK1, Ratrod: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 5 - 2 = 10
ATK1, Velocity: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
ATK2, Velocity: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Piloting DC16:

Lemgem Special: 1d4 ⇒ 3
Piloting, Lemgem: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 6 - 4 = 9
Piloting, Nyizin: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 8 - 4 = 23
Piloting, Orsis: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Piloting, Ratrod: 1d20 + 10 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 10 - 2 - 4 = 22
Piloting, Velocity: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Piloting, Myr'iad: 1d20 + 10 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 10 + 3 - 4 = 29

Racer Standings (3000 ft wins)

  • Lemgem: 500 + 300 = 800 ft
  • Nyizin: 275 + 750 = 1025 ft
  • Orsis: 250 + 250 = 500 ft
  • Ratrod: 275 + 550 = 825 ft
  • Velocity: 200 + 400 = 600 ft
  • Laboni: 650 + 650 = 1300 ft

"All eyes are on Laboni as she tries to maintain the her early lead! She fires away but three out of four shots miss the mark! One shot does hit Nyizin! Ratrod again takes aim at Laboni and the shot is wide!

"Orsis takes his two shots, one at each of the two racers in front,
which is Lemgem and Laboni for those of you with weak eyesight! But it appears his eyesight is even weaker as he misses both shots! Velocity, however, takes a shot at the same two racers and hits both!!

"Lemgem obviously runs into trouble keeping her racer on the straight and narrow but being the expert crazy driver that she is, manages to make up for some of her lost control! Nyizin, despite having taken a hit, expertly keeps her racer under control and also engages what appears to be a high gear, giving her junker a massive speed kick! Orsis continues to struggle off the starting line, coming in dead last. Ratrod seems to be getting into his groove as he picks up speed, as does Velocity!

"But ladies and gentleman, in quite the shocker, in a show of SUPERB piloting skills, Laboni not only maintains her lead but has extended it!! Will she be able to keep this up - especially under the heavy hail of gunfire that I'm sure the other racers will undoubtedly unleash on her??

Some of the crowd has stopped cheering and have fallen silent while others in the crowd remain steadfast in their support, continuing to chant, ""RAT-ROD! RAT-ROD! RAT-ROD!"

-------------------------

The Race - Round 3 Start

The characters in bold may provide their respective actions:

  • Azanar Kroi: Select energy or kinetic weapon, specify target and roll ranged attack
  • Telwyn: Select energy or kinetic weapon, specify target and roll ranged attack
  • Hirix: Select energy or kinetic weapon, specify target and roll ranged attack
  • Sovokolok-Asnari: Select energy or kinetic weapon, specify target and roll ranged attack
  • Myr’iad: Roll piloting + 3 vehicle modifier

Ranged attack rolls: 1d20 + BAB + DEX mod -1 vehicle mod

Laboni's Junkracer, Final Stats:
Laboni's Junkracer
Speed 65 ft., full 650 ft.
EAC 12; KAC 14
Attack energy weapon (–4 to Piloting) ; kinetic weapon (-4 to Piloting) ; kinetic weapon (-4 to Piloting) ; energy weapon (-4 to Piloting)
Modifiers +3 Piloting, –1 attack
Passengers 1

Wayfinders

Neutral | Male Vesk | Solarion (Xenoseeker) 1 | EAC: 16 KAC: 18 vsCM: 26 | SP: 8/8 HP: 8/13 RP: 4/4 | Init: +1 | F:+3 R:+1 W:+2 | Perception 0 | Conditions:

"Use those energy weapons against Nyizin. The ysoki will not continue to dodge me."

Fire on Ratrod
Kinetic Gun: 1d20 + 1 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 + 1 - 1 = 19

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Female Shirren Operative 1 | KAC 15 EAC 14 | HP 12/12 SP 8/8 RP 4/4 | F +2 R +5 W +4 | Init +4 | Perc +7 | Active Status:: -none-

"You don't need to tell me twice buster!" Hirix continues her dogged focus on Nyizin and fires once again with the energy weapon.

KrrraKOW!!!: 1d20 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 3 - 1 = 14

Dataphiles

Male CN Ysoki Mechanic 7 | SP 45/49 HP 44/44 | RP 9/9 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fire Resist 7 | Fort +6; Ref +10; Will +2 | Init: +5 | Perc: +13, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Laser (17/20) (20/20) Pulse (20/20) Disintegrator (4/40) | Active conditions: Fire Resist (7), spell ampule of mystic cure

"Raatchet here, your announcer for today's race! As this race unfolds, we saw a few interesting things happen just now. I have my good buddy Arratoi here to explain to you, the viewers at home, what exactly happened! Arratoi, tell us, what did your keen eye see happen down there on the track??"

Acquisitives

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male CN Ysoki Envoy 6 | SP 42/42 HP 34/38 | RP 8/9 | EAC 20 KAC 20 | Fort +3; Ref +8; Will +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +4, SM: +8+1d6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: jetpack (20/20)

"Thanks for having me, Raatchet! Well, it seems we saw two very unique things happening down there just moments ago. First, it seems Lemgem managed to move a bit faster beyond her junkracer's normal capabilities. That really came down to her erratic driving. I mean look, let's be real...she's not a GREAT pilot by any stretch of the imagination. But now and then, she exhibits moments of insane brilliance as she weaves in and out or finds an unexpected slipstream or hits that little bump which gives her a little bit of lift and drops her back on the track at the perfect angle. I mean it's odd and unpredictable but Raatchet, it's undeniable. Her driving style doesn't hurt her...it can only help!

"The second interesting thing we saw a moment ago is with Nyizin's junkracer. It appears her vehicle is equipped with an additional high gear, allowing her to significantly increase her speed! I'm sure it has something to do with all those crazy about-to-blow mods I've heard she installs in her racer. But if you take a look at this replay here, you'll see that despite the significant speed increase, you see how light seems to bend TOWARDS her junkracer? It seems that her mods work by absorbing matter and energy into her vehicle but this also has the side effect of... well... absorbing gunfire as well! I believe that when she activates this high gear, anything fired, thrown, or even sneezed in her direction is likely to hit her junkracer easily."

Dataphiles

Male CN Ysoki Mechanic 7 | SP 45/49 HP 44/44 | RP 9/9 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fire Resist 7 | Fort +6; Ref +10; Will +2 | Init: +5 | Perc: +13, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Laser (17/20) (20/20) Pulse (20/20) Disintegrator (4/40) | Active conditions: Fire Resist (7), spell ampule of mystic cure

"Very, very informative, buddy! Thank you for your insightful observations!"

Raatchet looks directly into the camera and says, "Now, back to the race!"

Acquisitives

Android Operative (Ace Pilot) 1 | SP 8/8 HP 10/10 RP 5/5 | EAC 16 KAC 15 | FORT +1, REF +6, WILL +2 | INIT +5 | Perc +5 (LL&DV)

Piloting DC 16: 1d20 + 10 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 3 = 16 Ouch...hope that one doesn't cost us the lead..

Myr'iad lets a small smile slip as they race ahead of the group; however, their joy is short lived as the android attempts a risky maneuver and nearly loses control of the junkracer!

Sorry everyone! I started to get my post in this morning, but got jammed up big time at work!


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

No worries, Myr'iad. That's what botting is for!

Acquisitives

1 person marked this as a favorite.
SP 15/15 | HP 22/22 | RP 5/6 | Detect Thoughts SLA 0/1 | EAC 19, KAC 19, CMD 27 | F+2, R+8, W+3 | Init +7, Perc +10 | Damaya Lashunta Operative 3

Telwyn takes a shot at the fast closing Nyizin.

Kinetic Attack: 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (20) + 4 - 1 = 23

"Don't even think about it!"

Wayfinders

Neutral | Male Vesk | Solarion (Xenoseeker) 1 | EAC: 16 KAC: 18 vsCM: 26 | SP: 8/8 HP: 8/13 RP: 4/4 | Init: +1 | F:+3 R:+1 W:+2 | Perception 0 | Conditions:

2 direct hits in one combat! nicely done Telwyn

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Lashunta Solarian 3 | SP 21/21 : HP 25/25 : RP 4/4 | EAC 11 : KAC 12 EAC 14 : KAC 15 | F +3 : R +1 : W +2 | Perc. +9 : S.M. +3 : Init. +0 : Move 30' | Ember Doshko +7, 1d8+7F : Tactical Spear +7, 1d6+5P (20 ft) : Solar Weapon +7, 1d6+11 | STR +4 DEX +0 CON +0 INT +1 WIS -1 CHA +3 | Acrobatics: +4 Athletics: +10 Bluff: +7 Computers: +5 Culture: +5 Diplomacy: +7+1d6* Disguise +4 Intimidate: +12 Profession: +12 Stealth: +4+1d6* | Battery 20/20 | | CONDITIONS none : BUFFS none

Aazanar continues to fire his energy weapon, this time aiming at Nyizin. But once again his shot strikes a piece of scrap instead.

Attack: 1d20 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 - 1 = 5

"Aw, come on!" Aazanar shouts.


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

The Race - Round 3 Conclusion

Attacks:

ATK1, Lemgem: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
ATK1, Orsis: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
ATK2, Orsis: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
ATK1, Ratrod: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 5 - 2 = 22
ATK1, Velocity: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
ATK2, Velocity: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Piloting DC16:

Lemgem Special: 1d4 ⇒ 1
Piloting, Lemgem: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Piloting, Nyizin: 1d20 + 8 - 4 - 4 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 8 - 4 - 4 - 4 - 4 = -1
Piloting, Orsis: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Piloting, Ratrod: 1d20 + 10 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 10 - 2 - 4 = 9
Piloting, Velocity: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Myr'iad: 16-4-6 = 10

Racer Standings (3000 ft wins)

  • Lemgem: 800 + 500 = 1300 ft
  • Nyizin: 1025 + 0 = 1025 ft
  • Orsis: 500 + 500 = 1000 ft
  • Ratrod: 825 + 275 = 1000 ft
  • Velocity: 600 + 400 = 1000 ft
  • Laboni: 1300 + 325 = 1625 ft

Dataphiles

Male CN Ysoki Mechanic 7 | SP 45/49 HP 44/44 | RP 9/9 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fire Resist 7 | Fort +6; Ref +10; Will +2 | Init: +5 | Perc: +13, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Laser (17/20) (20/20) Pulse (20/20) Disintegrator (4/40) | Active conditions: Fire Resist (7), spell ampule of mystic cure

"Laboni obviously has her eye on Nyizin as she fires three shots at Nyizin, two of which hit! Laboni saves her fourth shot for Ratrod, which also hits! Ratrod returns fire at Laboni and scores a hit!

"Lemgem fires away at Nyizin but misses! Orsis takes one shot at Nyizin and one at Laboni, both hitting with devastating effect! Velocity does the same, firing on the two lead junkracers, hitting Nyizin but just missing Laboni!

"Lemgem has managed to regain control of her racer and proceeds down the track at full speed, as does Orsis and Velocity! Nyizin who took some seriously heavy fire has banked into a wall and is now stuck! Ratrod's confidence appears to be shaken and the hit from Laboni definitely threw him off his game as he hits a pile of junk, slowing him down! Laboni, as this announcer predicted, suffered some serious gunfire and bumped into the side of the track, slowing her down!

"And as they come around the next turn....inconceivable!! Laboni is STILL in the lead at just a bit past the halfway mark!!! Nyizin has fallen behind and Lemgem has regained her previous spot in second place! It's starting to look like Laboni can back up her talk afterall!!!"


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

The crowd has stopped cheering for Ratrod completely and a silent hush falls over them as they all lean forward on the edge of their seats waiting to see what happens next.

The Race - Round 4 Start

The characters in bold may provide their respective actions:

  • Azanar Kroi: Select energy or kinetic weapon, specify target and roll ranged attack
  • Telwyn: Select energy or kinetic weapon, specify target and roll ranged attack
  • Hirix: Select energy or kinetic weapon, specify target and roll ranged attack
  • Sovokolok-Asnari: Select energy or kinetic weapon, specify target and roll ranged attack
  • Myr’iad: Roll piloting + 3 vehicle modifier

Ranged attack rolls: 1d20 + BAB + DEX mod -1 vehicle mod

Laboni's Junkracer, Final Stats:
Laboni's Junkracer
Speed 65 ft., full 650 ft.
EAC 12; KAC 14
Attack energy weapon (–4 to Piloting) ; kinetic weapon (-4 to Piloting) ; kinetic weapon (-4 to Piloting) ; energy weapon (-4 to Piloting)
Modifiers +3 Piloting, –1 attack
Passengers 1

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Lashunta Solarian 3 | SP 21/21 : HP 25/25 : RP 4/4 | EAC 11 : KAC 12 EAC 14 : KAC 15 | F +3 : R +1 : W +2 | Perc. +9 : S.M. +3 : Init. +0 : Move 30' | Ember Doshko +7, 1d8+7F : Tactical Spear +7, 1d6+5P (20 ft) : Solar Weapon +7, 1d6+11 | STR +4 DEX +0 CON +0 INT +1 WIS -1 CHA +3 | Acrobatics: +4 Athletics: +10 Bluff: +7 Computers: +5 Culture: +5 Diplomacy: +7+1d6* Disguise +4 Intimidate: +12 Profession: +12 Stealth: +4+1d6* | Battery 20/20 | | CONDITIONS none : BUFFS none

Did Nyizin crash? Does that mean she is out?

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Lashunta Solarian 3 | SP 21/21 : HP 25/25 : RP 4/4 | EAC 11 : KAC 12 EAC 14 : KAC 15 | F +3 : R +1 : W +2 | Perc. +9 : S.M. +3 : Init. +0 : Move 30' | Ember Doshko +7, 1d8+7F : Tactical Spear +7, 1d6+5P (20 ft) : Solar Weapon +7, 1d6+11 | STR +4 DEX +0 CON +0 INT +1 WIS -1 CHA +3 | Acrobatics: +4 Athletics: +10 Bluff: +7 Computers: +5 Culture: +5 Diplomacy: +7+1d6* Disguise +4 Intimidate: +12 Profession: +12 Stealth: +4+1d6* | Battery 20/20 | | CONDITIONS none : BUFFS none

Aazanar takes aim with his energy weapon...

If Nyizin is out of the race or suffers a penalty for crashing, I will aim at Orsis. If Nyizin can move normally I will aim at Nyizin again, since she is in the lead after us and Lemgem.

Attack: 1d20 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 - 1 = 16

"Yeah, take that!"

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Female Shirren Operative 1 | KAC 15 EAC 14 | HP 12/12 SP 8/8 RP 4/4 | F +2 R +5 W +4 | Init +4 | Perc +7 | Active Status:: -none-

Hirix winces and sends a contrite "That's a fast curtain call for Nyizin, hope she won't be smarting too bad."

The shirren deftly adjusts the targeting on her energy weapon to focus on Orsis instead. After a couple of moments to make sure his racer is lined up, she fires at him!

Zzzzzrakkk!: 1d20 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 3 - 1 = 9


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

Nyizin is still in the race... but she made zero progress for Round 3

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Init +0 Per +7, LLV | Speed 20 SP 7 | HP 12 | RP 4 EAC 13 KAC 16 | SVs Fort +1/ Ref +0/ Will +5

Brezaki is anxiously watching the events unfold, clutching her scaly fists tight against her chest.

Oh no! I hope there aren't too many people requiring serious medical attention after this is over. This looks really dangerous!

Acquisitives

SP 15/15 | HP 22/22 | RP 5/6 | Detect Thoughts SLA 0/1 | EAC 19, KAC 19, CMD 27 | F+2, R+8, W+3 | Init +7, Perc +10 | Damaya Lashunta Operative 3

Telwyn takes another shot at Ratrod.

Kinetic Attack: 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 4 - 1 = 21

"Poor little rat, what happened to all your fans?"

Wayfinders

Neutral | Male Vesk | Solarion (Xenoseeker) 1 | EAC: 16 KAC: 18 vsCM: 26 | SP: 8/8 HP: 8/13 RP: 4/4 | Init: +1 | F:+3 R:+1 W:+2 | Perception 0 | Conditions:

Watching Telwyn strike Ratrod once again he shifts his attention to Osiris.

"None shall stop us from our victory!" He aims and...FIRES at Osiris' racer!

Spray of shrapnel: 1d20 + 1 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 1 - 1 = 6

Acquisitives

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Android Operative (Ace Pilot) 1 | SP 8/8 HP 10/10 RP 5/5 | EAC 16 KAC 15 | FORT +1, REF +6, WILL +2 | INIT +5 | Perc +5 (LL&DV)

Piloting: 1d20 + 10 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 10 + 3 = 28

'Do not become distracted! Such things are for organics. Focus on the task at hand.'

'Yes, we are Many while they are one. We are better suited to such things, Myr'iad. Listen to the other, focus is key. We will help each other.'

'We understand. We will not make the mistake again.'

Myr'iad listens to their inner ghosts and focuses down upon their skills of flying. They engage the throttle again, pushing the junk racer nearly to its capacity and the touch on the stick is light as they glide effortlessly around!


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

The Race - Round 4 Conclusion

Attacks:

ATK1, Lemgem: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
ATK1, Orsis: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
ATK2, Orsis: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
ATK1, Ratrod: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 5 - 2 = 10
ATK1, Velocity: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
ATK2, Velocity: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Piloting DC16:

Lemgem Special: 1d4 ⇒ 1
Piloting, Lemgem: 1d20 + 6 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 6 - 4 - 4 = 4
Piloting, Nyizin: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 8 - 4 = 19
Piloting, Orsis: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Piloting, Ratrod: 1d20 + 10 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 10 - 2 - 4 = 13
Piloting, Velocity: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Myr'iad: 28-6-4 = 18

Racer Standings (3000 ft wins)

  • Lemgem: 1300 + 0 = 1300 ft
  • Nyizin: 1025 + 750 = 1775 ft
  • Orsis: 1000 + 250 = 1250 ft
  • Ratrod: 1000 + 275 = 1275 ft
  • Velocity: 1000 + 400 = 1400 ft
  • Laboni: 1625 + 650 = 2275 ft

Dataphiles

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male CN Ysoki Mechanic 7 | SP 45/49 HP 44/44 | RP 9/9 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fire Resist 7 | Fort +6; Ref +10; Will +2 | Init: +5 | Perc: +13, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Laser (17/20) (20/20) Pulse (20/20) Disintegrator (4/40) | Active conditions: Fire Resist (7), spell ampule of mystic cure

"Laboni opens fire, one shot hitting Nyizin and one hitting bitter rival Ratrod! Ratrod shoots back at Laboni but his confidence is obviously shaken as his shot lands nowhere close to his target!

"Lemgem misses. Again. Someone tell that girl that she needs to POINT her gun at what she wants to hit! Orsis and Velocity both fire away at the two lead racers Lemgem and Laboni, hitting them both! Clearly, these two know how to aim their weapons!

"Oh! Owwww!! Lemgem has hit an immovable pile of junk. Guess she's no unstoppable force versus that immovable object, amirite?? Nyizin, however, has once again kicked things into high gear and makes amazing speed! Orsis, however, not so much but at least he didn't come to a stop like Lemgem! Ratrod, again, just can't seem to find a clear path around the bits of junk all over the track... Can it be? Is Ratrod truly losing his nerve!?!? Velocity seems to be back on track moving forward at full speed... too bad his full speed ain't, well, very speedy! Laboni, despite taking a couple hits, makes it look easy guiding her junkracer down the track at full speed!

"As they get through this next corner Laboni maintains her lead! And the big shocker is Ratrod is in second to last place! Inconceivable!!"


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

The crowd, sensing a potential upset is starting to quietly chant, "La-Bo-Ni! La-Bo-Ni! La-Bo-Ni!"

The Race - Round 5 Start

The characters in bold may provide their respective actions:

  • Azanar Kroi: Select energy or kinetic weapon, specify target and roll ranged attack
  • Telwyn: Select energy or kinetic weapon, specify target and roll ranged attack
  • Hirix: Select energy or kinetic weapon, specify target and roll ranged attack
  • Sovokolok-Asnari: Select energy or kinetic weapon, specify target and roll ranged attack
  • Myr’iad: Roll piloting + 3 vehicle modifier

Ranged attack rolls: 1d20 + BAB + DEX mod -1 vehicle mod

Laboni's Junkracer, Final Stats:
Laboni's Junkracer
Speed 65 ft., full 650 ft.
EAC 12; KAC 14
Attack energy weapon (–4 to Piloting) ; kinetic weapon (-4 to Piloting) ; kinetic weapon (-4 to Piloting) ; energy weapon (-4 to Piloting)
Modifiers +3 Piloting, –1 attack
Passengers 1

Wayfinders

Neutral | Male Vesk | Solarion (Xenoseeker) 1 | EAC: 16 KAC: 18 vsCM: 26 | SP: 8/8 HP: 8/13 RP: 4/4 | Init: +1 | F:+3 R:+1 W:+2 | Perception 0 | Conditions:

"That Nyizin grows too close. Truly a great warrior but her defeat is our victory. Everyone remove her racer from this competition."

Sovokolok-Asnari aims his guns at Nyizin and sends a hundred rounds her way.

Ratatatatat: 1d20 + 1 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 + 1 - 1 = 12

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Lashunta Solarian 3 | SP 21/21 : HP 25/25 : RP 4/4 | EAC 11 : KAC 12 EAC 14 : KAC 15 | F +3 : R +1 : W +2 | Perc. +9 : S.M. +3 : Init. +0 : Move 30' | Ember Doshko +7, 1d8+7F : Tactical Spear +7, 1d6+5P (20 ft) : Solar Weapon +7, 1d6+11 | STR +4 DEX +0 CON +0 INT +1 WIS -1 CHA +3 | Acrobatics: +4 Athletics: +10 Bluff: +7 Computers: +5 Culture: +5 Diplomacy: +7+1d6* Disguise +4 Intimidate: +12 Profession: +12 Stealth: +4+1d6* | Battery 20/20 | | CONDITIONS none : BUFFS none

"Ratrod is in fifth? I thought he'd be doing better than that. Isn't he the favourite?"

"Nyizin looks like the only one that's a threat! She's coming on faster than us!"

Aazanar takes a shot at Nyizin again.

Energy Attack: 1d20 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 - 1 = 9

"Drat!"

Acquisitives

SP 15/15 | HP 22/22 | RP 5/6 | Detect Thoughts SLA 0/1 | EAC 19, KAC 19, CMD 27 | F+2, R+8, W+3 | Init +7, Perc +10 | Damaya Lashunta Operative 3

Telwyn agrees with Sovokolok's assessment. "She does seem to be the only competition."

She takes a shot at Nyizin.

Kinetic Attack: 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 4 - 1 = 19

"Hopefully that will slow her down."

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Female Shirren Operative 1 | KAC 15 EAC 14 | HP 12/12 SP 8/8 RP 4/4 | F +2 R +5 W +4 | Init +4 | Perc +7 | Active Status:: -none-

Hirix goes silent for a moment as she contemplates, before sending "She's a hell cat, that's for certain... Going from how fast their racers are, no one else can catch up unless everyone jams us good. Anyone who's still got their marbles out there is gonna realize that." Hirix adjusts her energy weapon to aim at Nyizin and delivers her own attack.

ZZzyeeewwwwww: 1d20 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 3 - 1 = 20


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

As we're just about done, I'm going to bot Myr'iad's pilot roll and advance the storyline
Piloting, Myr'iad: 1d20 + 10 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 10 + 3 = 32

The Race - Round 5 Conclusion

Attacks:

ATK1, Lemgem: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
ATK1, Orsis: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
ATK2, Orsis: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
ATK1, Ratrod: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 5 - 2 = 16
ATK1, Velocity: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
ATK2, Velocity: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Piloting DC16:

Lemgem Special: 1d4 ⇒ 2
Piloting, Lemgem: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Piloting, Nyizin: 1d20 + 8 - 4 - 4 - 4 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 8 - 4 - 4 - 4 - 4 - 4 = -8
Piloting, Orsis: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Piloting, Ratrod: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 10 - 2 = 12
Piloting, Velocity: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Myr'iad: 32-4-4-4 = 22

Racer Standings (3000 ft wins)

  • Lemgem: 1300 + 500 = 1800 ft
  • Nyizin: 1775 + 0 = 1775 ft
  • Orsis: 1250 + 500 = 1750 ft
  • Ratrod: 1275 + 225 = 1500 ft
  • Velocity: 1400 + 200 = 1600 ft
  • Laboni: 2275 + 650 = 2950 ft

Not quite 3000 feet but I believe everyone is okay if we end the race here?

Dataphiles

Male CN Ysoki Mechanic 7 | SP 45/49 HP 44/44 | RP 9/9 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fire Resist 7 | Fort +6; Ref +10; Will +2 | Init: +5 | Perc: +13, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Laser (17/20) (20/20) Pulse (20/20) Disintegrator (4/40) | Active conditions: Fire Resist (7), spell ampule of mystic cure

"Laboni opens fire, directing all four shots at second place racer Nyizin. Nyizin still has her high gear engaged and in doing so is pretty much sucking up all the gunfire that is even vaguely pointed in her direction...all four shots from Laboni hits! Ratrod manages to land a hit on Laboni but it's looking like it might just be too late to matter!

"Lemgem shoots at Nyizin and hits due in no small part to Nyizin's energy matter absorbing high gear! I believe that's Lemgem's first hit of the day, race fans! Orsis and Velocity, both seeing Laboni practically on top of the finish line fire all their weapons at her, half of which hit! Looks like Laboni is taking a lot of fire...the only one NOT firing at Laboni is Lemgem... which if you ask me, is a horrible strategy on her part!

"And here's the moment we've been waiting for as they ride into the final stretch!! What's this?? It's DONE!! LABONI HAS TAKEN FIRST PLACE!! Can you believe it?? Oh my gods!! Lemgem comes in second, followed by Nyizin, Orsis, Velocity, and in last place is Ratrod! This is amazing folks... absolutely, positively INCONCEIVABLE!!"

Acquisitives

Male CN Ysoki Envoy 6 | SP 42/42 HP 34/38 | RP 8/9 | EAC 20 KAC 20 | Fort +3; Ref +8; Will +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +4, SM: +8+1d6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: jetpack (20/20)

"You know, Raatchet, you keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

The crowd is now full on cheering "La-Bo-Ni! La-Bo-Ni! La-Bo-Ni! La-Bo-Ni!" It appears she has won over quite the following.

At the finish line, Laboni gets out of her junkracer, heads over to Ratrod and in full view of the drone cameras, Laboni apologizes to Ratrod for opening her saying what she did. She admits she lost her head and her words were uncalled for. Ratrod, to his credit, accepts the apology and congratulates her on her win, praising her for such a massive accomplishment and even invites her to become a regular on Ratrod's show!

As the winner, The Salvage Union awards her some collected gear on top of the prize money. She, in turn, presents your party with 400 credits and a set of graphite carbon skin armor.

She says, "Thank you so much fellow Starfinders! You really saved me and preserved the Starfinder Society's reputation! I've definitely learned my lesson here today. By the way, you guys are really good shots and amazing pilots! Mind if I train with you guys every now and then?"

But before you can answer, a group of newly-formed fans grab her, sweeps her off her feet, puts them on her shoulders and parades her around.

A couple days later, you will hear that due to Laboni's unexpected junkrace victory, the Starfinder Society has been elevated in the eyes of the Salvage Union, becoming a valuable contact for the Society. This has has left Radaszam both exasperated and vaguely amused.

But in this moment, what would you like to do next? There are still three faction leaders awaiting your assistance: The Dataphiles, the Exo-Guardians, and the Wayfinders.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Init +0 Per +7, LLV | Speed 20 SP 7 | HP 12 | RP 4 EAC 13 KAC 16 | SVs Fort +1/ Ref +0/ Will +5

"Wow guys! Everyone did so great! We crushed everybody!"

"Why not just go right down the list and see what the Dataphile commander wants from us?"

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Female Shirren Operative 1 | KAC 15 EAC 14 | HP 12/12 SP 8/8 RP 4/4 | F +2 R +5 W +4 | Init +4 | Perc +7 | Active Status:: -none-

I think this was the most one-sided junkrace I've seen yet. We absolutely demolished it.

Hirix eyes the young Starfinder and sends "Keep that attitude in check and you can join me any time doll." followed by a pulse of mental laughter when her fans sweep her off.

"Feels good to let loose with a gun for bit, don't it?" She stretches her limbs before continuing "The leader of the Dataphiles is a dame after my own heart. I'd be fine with her next."

101 to 150 of 344 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [SFS] 1-01 The Commencement - GM bigboom Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.