[SFS] 1-01 The Commencement - GM bigboom (Inactive)

Game Master bigboom

Slides and Maps


1 to 50 of 344 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

After your graduation ceremony, Gudance, the Starfinder Society's compiled intelligence of Starfinder personalities summons you to the Lorespire Complex. As the doors to the Lorespire Complex slide open, a green holographic image of a middle-aged human woman shimmers into view at the center of the room. “Greetings,” it says. “I am Guidance. Please use the cheek swabs in the open receptacle to provide a genetic sample for Starfinder Society identification purposes. If desired, you may place your hand on the glowing panel to receive a subdermal implant further marking you as a member of the Society.”

Let me know if your character accepts the implant. A description of the implant is included in the slides.

Once you've all provided a cheek swab sample and elected to receive the implant or not, Gudance continues, “It is our pleasure to officially welcome you into the Starfinder Society. Today is the commencement of your new role as a Starfinder field agent. It is our tradition, at the end of the graduation ceremony, for new graduates to present themselves to the heads of our most prominent factions and complete a task at those leaders’ behest. This allows the leaders of these groups to become familiar with all new Starfinder agents, and it provides a constant supply of agents for handling situations in our holdings on Absalom Station. While these tasks were formerly symbolic, the heavy loss of Starfinder agents in the Scoured Stars necessitates that these missions become something more. Please treat any tasks given with the gravity you would grant any other Starfinder assignment.”

Guidance then provides an overview of the factions (see slides, Handout #1). Guidance "Once you complete a faction leader's mission, that leader will inform me. After you've completed all missions, you may then return here to finish your commencement and prepare for future missions."

With that, the holographic image winks out. Apparently, Guidance has other matters to attend to.

You may now purchase any additional equipment before starting the missions and finalize your slotted boons (list them either on your character sheet or on character details slide). Please introduce your character to the group and decide which faction leader you would like to visit first. In addition, you may each make a Culture and Diplomacy gather information check to uncover the following bits of information to share with your teammates.

Culture Check 5+:
Absalom Station is the cultural hub of the Pact Worlds. Races from every planet in the system, including those once prominent on lost Golarion, can be found on the station.

Culture Check 10+:
People around the station are increasingly amenable to Starfinders. They respect both the dogged veteran field agents who were not lost in the Scoured Stars disaster and the new recruits, whose presence brings renewed hope. Stating one’s association with the Starfinder Society is likely to garner support from the locals of Absalom Station.

Culture Check 15+:
A host of starships, known locally as the Armada, orbits Absalom Station. Ships from the Armada are often starships that have taken advantage of the station’s Starstone core—a mystical device that allows for quick travel through the Drift back to Absalom Station. The ships of this fleet are increasingly at risk of bringing back undetected alien life, simply because the policing Stewards lack the numbers to search every orbiting ship.

Diplomacy 5+:
Everyone is excited about the upcoming junkrace. Apparently some nobody mouthed off to Ratrod, the reigning junkrace champion. People know that trash talking really gets under Ratrod’s fur and wonder whether there will be more harsh words exchanged before the race.

Diplomacy 10+:
The latest prerelease song from sugar-pop sensation Strawberry Machine Cake is about to be released. Unlike previous releases, the band is putting out a limited-edition physical copy prior to the concert when the released single and additional tracks are scheduled to debut and become available in digital form.

Diplomacy 15+:
Word on the street is that a dangerous alien predator got loose somewhere in the Downlow district of the station. The creature is now contained in a warehouse, but not after it impaled a security officer with a harpoon-like natural projectile.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Lashunta Solarian 3 | SP 21/21 : HP 25/25 : RP 4/4 | EAC 11 : KAC 12 EAC 14 : KAC 15 | F +3 : R +1 : W +2 | Perc. +9 : S.M. +3 : Init. +0 : Move 30' | Ember Doshko +7, 1d8+7F : Tactical Spear +7, 1d6+5P (20 ft) : Solar Weapon +7, 1d6+11 | STR +4 DEX +0 CON +0 INT +1 WIS -1 CHA +3 | Acrobatics: +4 Athletics: +10 Bluff: +7 Computers: +5 Culture: +5 Diplomacy: +7+1d6* Disguise +4 Intimidate: +12 Profession: +12 Stealth: +4+1d6* | Battery 20/20 | | CONDITIONS none : BUFFS none

"I would be proud to wear the Starfinder implant!" The red-headed Lashunta says as he stands proudly. He strides forward confidently, making a show of placing his hand in the receptacle.

"Ow," he says, as he pulls his hand out of the receptacle. He rubs it for a moment, and then looks embarrassed.

He looks up, and around at the other Starfinders.

"Oh, I'm Aazanar Kroi. But you can call me Az, if you prefer."

Culture (untrained): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Acquisitives

SP 15/15 | HP 22/22 | RP 5/6 | Detect Thoughts SLA 0/1 | EAC 19, KAC 19, CMD 27 | F+2, R+8, W+3 | Init +7, Perc +10 | Damaya Lashunta Operative 3

Telwyn considers the graft for a moment, ultimately deciding to pass. Better not to take on some permanent evidence of allegiance, especially considering who knows how long this will last.

Culture: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

"Call me Telwyn." She smiles and extends a handshake to the group. "Pleasure to meet you all."

Telwyn had previously had some discussions with an agent of the Acquisitives and will recommend the party begins with them, though she won't make any argument against other opinions. "I've already met a little with a member of the Acquisities, so I'd be partial to beginning our tasks with them."

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Female Shirren Operative 1 | KAC 15 EAC 14 | HP 12/12 SP 8/8 RP 4/4 | F +2 R +5 W +4 | Init +4 | Perc +7 | Active Status:: -none-

Hirix is a spindly, hunched shirren with a blue-grey carapace. Her feathery antennae move constantly, surveying the space and its occupants. Sporting a fitted grey coat over her bodysuit and a worn eyepatch over one of her compound eyes, she gives off a businesslike aura. She holds a cigarette in one claw and a cloud of intoxicating smoke follows her.

Culture: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Hirix rests against a railing as Guidance delivers her introduction. She sets her cigarette in her mandibles and keeps her one good eye trained on the hologram. When it comes time for the cheek swab she complies with casual efficiency, though she refuses the follow up implant with a grunt.

When Guidance disappears, Hirix sniffs and mentally broadcasts "I ain't too impressed by that old emerald dame. She makes a good show for any stooges signing up, bringing some flash to cover the fact we're all just hard boys, doing the Society's dirty work." She extinguishes her cigarette against the banister and tosses the butt in a trash receptacle "Up to us to make something of it, yeah?"

She watches the other rookie Starfinders with interest and then sends "Looks like we'll all be working on the same side of the street today. Name's Hirix. I care about doing things right by people, so you don't cross me and we'll get along just fine." She clasps Telwyn's hand in one claw and sends to her directly "Pleasure's all mine doll."

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Init +0 Per +7, LLV | Speed 20 SP 7 | HP 12 | RP 4 EAC 13 KAC 16 | SVs Fort +1/ Ref +0/ Will +5

Brezaki steps forward and puts her hand onto the glowing panel. Might as well go all in. If I show that I'm ready to go along with things, maybe that'll help with those that don't trust us Vesk.

Brezaki seems a little timid despite her large size and nervously greets everyone. "Hi everybody. Don't worry, I'm not here to conquer this station. Brezaki laughs nervously. "My name is Brezaki, but in my old military unit everyone used to call me "Bonesaw." I'm a trained medic, so if anyone gets hurt, I'll be here to stitch them up."

Acquisitives

SP 15/15 | HP 22/22 | RP 5/6 | Detect Thoughts SLA 0/1 | EAC 19, KAC 19, CMD 27 | F+2, R+8, W+3 | Init +7, Perc +10 | Damaya Lashunta Operative 3

Telwyn responds to Hirix in the telepathic version of a friendly nod and smile.

She gives a small chuckle to Brezaki. "Well Bonesaw maybe we should get you set up with a medkit or some serums and keep you away from sharp pointy objects."

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Lashunta Solarian 3 | SP 21/21 : HP 25/25 : RP 4/4 | EAC 11 : KAC 12 EAC 14 : KAC 15 | F +3 : R +1 : W +2 | Perc. +9 : S.M. +3 : Init. +0 : Move 30' | Ember Doshko +7, 1d8+7F : Tactical Spear +7, 1d6+5P (20 ft) : Solar Weapon +7, 1d6+11 | STR +4 DEX +0 CON +0 INT +1 WIS -1 CHA +3 | Acrobatics: +4 Athletics: +10 Bluff: +7 Computers: +5 Culture: +5 Diplomacy: +7+1d6* Disguise +4 Intimidate: +12 Profession: +12 Stealth: +4+1d6* | Battery 20/20 | | CONDITIONS none : BUFFS none

Aazanar nods.

"A pleasure to meet you all!"

"I have no particular preference as to which faction leader to see first. I just got here, and I'm afraid I don't know any of them."

Wayfinders

Neutral | Male Vesk | Solarion (Xenoseeker) 1 | EAC: 16 KAC: 18 vsCM: 26 | SP: 8/8 HP: 8/13 RP: 4/4 | Init: +1 | F:+3 R:+1 W:+2 | Perception 0 | Conditions:

A towering Vesk enters the hall hissing at you all as you gather about the machine. On his face he proudly displays two line of sigils that run down each side of his face. He carries very little and wears a simple secondskin suit that hugs his well built frame tightly. When he sees the other Vesk he seems to stand even taller and glares at her with challenge.

intimidate: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

culture untr: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18

diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

"I am Sovokolok-Asnari. I can taste each of your fear. Especially you who are named Brezaki. But my eyes are not set on any of you. There are worlds still out there that must prove their worth that is why I have come. I will be the First Walker of these worlds to see what value they hold for Veskarium and the Society." he moves over to the machine and provides it with a swab followed by placing his hand over the panel

"The state of the Society makes it appear weak to others in the Pact Worlds, but here on the Station we are still provided respect and honour which we must not squander. WE must do what is necessary to bring back that respect to the others in the Pact Worlds.

One way to do that might be track down that dangerous alien predator that has got loose somewhere in the Downlow district of the station. The creature is now contained in a warehouse, but not after it impaled a security officer with a harpoon-like natural projectile. This sounds like something worthy of our time."


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

I assume Myr'iad will be joining this thread shortly. In the meantime, we'll proceed to the Acquisitives mission as that is the only preference I see mentioned. Radaszam's image now displayed on the NPC slide!

Radaszam maintains an office in the Nyori Palisades, a luxurious neighborhood located in Absalom Station’s transparent central dome. The plain white doors of the office slide open to reveal a stark, dimly lit room. The chamber is bleak and expressionless in its emptiness—no vanities line its smooth black walls, and no signs of use mar its smooth black furniture. The only occupants of the suite are a bug-eyed tadpole wriggling in a glowing blue aquarium and a reptilian vesk seated behind an onyx desk. The vesk gestures to a number of chairs in front of him, his features sharply illuminated by the light of his desk’s green holoscreen.

“The new graduates,” he greets, in a low and pleasant voice. “Good day. I am Radaszam, though since you are here, I should hope you already knew.

“I trust you are aware of our Society’s traditions, so I will cut to the point. I have a minor situation that needs resolution. One of our members, a human named Laboni, had a rather public altercation with a junk scavenger from the Spike. You might be more familiar with the scavenger than I, actually; he is a ysoki who fancifully calls himself Ratrod. I am told he runs a popular racing competition that has, hmm, several hundreds of thousands of viewers on the station’s infosphere. For some reason, Laboni felt the need to tell him that any ‘real’ mechanic could easily beat the garbage that Ratrod and his associates slap together. Now that Ratrod has issued an infosphere-wide demand that she race him and prove it, Laboni doubts she can back that claim up.

“Embarrassing, isn’t it? Not really the sort of troublemaker that suits our Society. Perhaps she would be better suited to the bottom of a trash compactor... Well, we cannot afford to throw her out, not after so many Starfinders were lost in the Scoured Stars. Besides, we can’t let people think we are so weak that we can’t control our own members, or that we cannot stand up to a scrapyard junker. No, I would like you to assist Laboni in winning this race. Show our detractors that even the least of our Society is not someone to be trifled with.”

Radaszam hands you directions to the race's location in Botscrap and badges that indicate you're officially members of Laboni's pit crew.

"Do not delay as you'll need as much time as possible to win that race."

He then gives you all a stare, the meaning of which is easy to guess: Why are you still in my office?

Wayfinders

Neutral | Male Vesk | Solarion (Xenoseeker) 1 | EAC: 16 KAC: 18 vsCM: 26 | SP: 8/8 HP: 8/13 RP: 4/4 | Init: +1 | F:+3 R:+1 W:+2 | Perception 0 | Conditions:

Sovokolok-Asnari looks at the badge with some disinterest "It might be better to look after your underlings, but we will save your Laboni to save the reputation of the Society. Once we do you should find a way to punish this underling." the vesk turns towards the door and heads out not caring for Radaszam's response

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Shirren Operative 1 | KAC 15 EAC 14 | HP 12/12 SP 8/8 RP 4/4 | F +2 R +5 W +4 | Init +4 | Perc +7 | Active Status:: -none-

Oops, looks like I got ninja'd before I could post. This was while the group was still at the Lorespire:

Hirix nods at Brezaki and Az, not adding anything more than her previous introduction. When Sovokolok comes along she gives him a long hard look and says "I like your nerve tough guy. But that fear tasting bit you're getting at sounds batty as hell."

Seeing that the group doesn't have strong feelings about where to go first, Hirix pulls out and lights a new cigarette before sending "Let's get the Dealmaker's job over and done with. Working for the Society as a merc, fella's probably got a short temper and not a whole lotta respect for us grunts."

At Radaszam's office: Hirix listens patiently, arms crossed, mandibles working over a splinter of a toothpick. She sends "Sounds like she's done you a bang up job boss. Alright, we'll get a handle on this broad before she can cut you up any more. Maybe hammer this Ratrod character a bit, 'til he isn't so hot on winning. I figure the race'll be a cinch after that."

Acquisitives

SP 15/15 | HP 22/22 | RP 5/6 | Detect Thoughts SLA 0/1 | EAC 19, KAC 19, CMD 27 | F+2, R+8, W+3 | Init +7, Perc +10 | Damaya Lashunta Operative 3

After the group leaves the office Telwyn considers some options.

"Well I'm a little dissapointed... Pit crew duty? Do any of you know your way around these junkracers? I wonder if some sort of sabbotage on the other side might serve as well..."

Telwyn tries to recall if she knows anything that might prove useful against this Ratrod or his crew. Either someone who might be vulnerable to blackmail, or even taking out for a late night of hangover-creation.

Culture: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 DC reduced by 5 if there's anything to recall about criminal underworld activities.

Wayfinders

Neutral | Male Vesk | Solarion (Xenoseeker) 1 | EAC: 16 KAC: 18 vsCM: 26 | SP: 8/8 HP: 8/13 RP: 4/4 | Init: +1 | F:+3 R:+1 W:+2 | Perception 0 | Conditions:

"They live among the trash. What else is there to know of these unworthy fools. That others find something of value in this makes me only hope that this is done quickly." Sovokolok-Asnari hisses from deep in his throat not choosing to hide his emotions in this.

Acquisitives

Android Operative (Ace Pilot) 1 | SP 8/8 HP 10/10 RP 5/5 | EAC 16 KAC 15 | FORT +1, REF +6, WILL +2 | INIT +5 | Perc +5 (LL&DV)

I'm here everyone! Sorry, I had childcare issues today before work and had to watch my little dude. Having a fairly busy night with work, but if I get a few moments here shortly I will get my initial post in! Just need to read through all the previous ones.


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

No worries! Welcome aboard!

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Init +0 Per +7, LLV | Speed 20 SP 7 | HP 12 | RP 4 EAC 13 KAC 16 | SVs Fort +1/ Ref +0/ Will +5

Brezaki glances at Sovokolov with scorn as he leaves the room.

And that right there is why most of the universe thinks we're a bunch of psychotic bullies.

"I see no problem helping out Laboni. We don't know her reasons for doing what she did and I think everybody gets in over their head from time to time and needs a helping hand. I've worked on machines a little bit myself. Mostly medical equipment but I've also done some maintenance on military vehicles."

Brezaki picks up her backpack, which does include a medkit, and heads out the door.

Acquisitives

Android Operative (Ace Pilot) 1 | SP 8/8 HP 10/10 RP 5/5 | EAC 16 KAC 15 | FORT +1, REF +6, WILL +2 | INIT +5 | Perc +5 (LL&DV)

At the Lorespire

An androgynous, yet very human looking android with dark hair and aqua colored eyes watches the others quietly.. Lacking the normal highly visible circuitry of their kind, there is an occasional silvery glow that appears beneath the skin, following the familiar pathways. "We are called, Myr'iad. You may call us 'Myr' for short if you prefer. We find it to be more efficient for some species." The voice the comes from the android is strange as it almost sounds like an amalgam of male and female voices, shifting seamlessly mid-word. The android provides the requested sample and offer their arm for the implant. They look at it curiously before following the others. 'Watch the Vesk, he is treacherous.'

'Yes, we must be cautious around that one.'

'We understand.'

As they take their leave from the office, Myr'iad keeps her distance from Sovokolok. "We have some skills with engineering. Perhaps we can be of assistance in that matter."

Acquisitives

SP 15/15 | HP 22/22 | RP 5/6 | Detect Thoughts SLA 0/1 | EAC 19, KAC 19, CMD 27 | F+2, R+8, W+3 | Init +7, Perc +10 | Damaya Lashunta Operative 3

"OK let's go meet this Laboni and make a plan from there."

Telwyn is glad to hear that some of the others think they can help out with some shop work. She hopes she can find some other opportunity to contribute; she hates having to sit back and watch when her own reputation may be on the line.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Lashunta Solarian 3 | SP 21/21 : HP 25/25 : RP 4/4 | EAC 11 : KAC 12 EAC 14 : KAC 15 | F +3 : R +1 : W +2 | Perc. +9 : S.M. +3 : Init. +0 : Move 30' | Ember Doshko +7, 1d8+7F : Tactical Spear +7, 1d6+5P (20 ft) : Solar Weapon +7, 1d6+11 | STR +4 DEX +0 CON +0 INT +1 WIS -1 CHA +3 | Acrobatics: +4 Athletics: +10 Bluff: +7 Computers: +5 Culture: +5 Diplomacy: +7+1d6* Disguise +4 Intimidate: +12 Profession: +12 Stealth: +4+1d6* | Battery 20/20 | | CONDITIONS none : BUFFS none

"I can't say I know anything about building racers. People mostly like me for my charm." Aazanar winks. "But I'll help if I can."

"What are the rules of this race? What if someone were to... tamper... with this 'Ratrod's' vehicle?"


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

Myr'iad, let me know if your character decided to accept the implant when you were originally debriefed by Guidance

Responding to Aazanar, Radaszam says, "The details of the race will be explained to you at the track. As for subterfuge, you may make that judgement call when you're on site."

Radaszam makes one final remark as you leave. "As unpleasant as his demeanor is, Sovokolok does have a point. The Starfinder's reputation is currently precarious so we must expend every possible effort to protect that reputation. I'll be sure to take up disciplinary action after you all have preserved our reputation. I trust you will not disappoint."

--------------

You make your way to Ratrod’s racing circuit, which is a hollowed-out section of a mountain of spare parts in Botscrap, the track specifically sanctioned by the ysoki-dominated Salvage Union that controls most of the yards. When you arrive at the competitors’ entrance, a small robot informs you of the basic rules of the race: racers and their pit crews are to build and improve their vehicles from the available scrap around the racetrack. Vehicles built at previous junkraces can return. Racers can fire upon other competitors during the race, but firing into the audience is grounds for immediate disqualification; racer weapons must be nonlethal and may affect only opponents’ vehicles.

Laboni is in her late teens and is easy to find in the crowd due to her paisley clothes and bright white lab coat. She has a frantic, harried look on her face but relaxes noticeably when she see you approach. "Oh you must be my fellow Starfinders that Radaszam sent! THANK YOU SO MUCH for coming! I don't know what I would've done without you! I'm in sooooo much trouble!! I was just trying to be like my Starfinder superiors, you know, all confident, knowledgeable and able of pulling off just about anything. There's nothing more important to me that becoming a capable, respected Starfinder agent. But...but my big mouth carried me away and now I'm...I'm in this mess with Ratrod... And I'll end up making the Society look bad... I'M SO SORRY!!!"

The teenager is on the verge of tears.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Lashunta Solarian 3 | SP 21/21 : HP 25/25 : RP 4/4 | EAC 11 : KAC 12 EAC 14 : KAC 15 | F +3 : R +1 : W +2 | Perc. +9 : S.M. +3 : Init. +0 : Move 30' | Ember Doshko +7, 1d8+7F : Tactical Spear +7, 1d6+5P (20 ft) : Solar Weapon +7, 1d6+11 | STR +4 DEX +0 CON +0 INT +1 WIS -1 CHA +3 | Acrobatics: +4 Athletics: +10 Bluff: +7 Computers: +5 Culture: +5 Diplomacy: +7+1d6* Disguise +4 Intimidate: +12 Profession: +12 Stealth: +4+1d6* | Battery 20/20 | | CONDITIONS none : BUFFS none

When confronted by Laboni's babble, Aazanar nods.

"Okay, Laboni, relax. We're going to do what we can to get you out of this mess."

"Why don't you start by telling us what you need? And how long is it until the race?"

Wayfinders

Neutral | Male Vesk | Solarion (Xenoseeker) 1 | EAC: 16 KAC: 18 vsCM: 26 | SP: 8/8 HP: 8/13 RP: 4/4 | Init: +1 | F:+3 R:+1 W:+2 | Perception 0 | Conditions:

Sovokolok-Asnari eyes the underling with distaste. "Whelp you speak too much of words that waste our time. We are here to fix your mess. Where is your vehicle?"

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Female Shirren Operative 1 | KAC 15 EAC 14 | HP 12/12 SP 8/8 RP 4/4 | F +2 R +5 W +4 | Init +4 | Perc +7 | Active Status:: -none-

Hirix brings her compound eye to bear down on the nervous human, sending "Cool down toots. We'll get you out of this jam. But you gotta stop doing figure eights on us and start giving us the lowdown." She nods at Az's questions "Az here's got the right questions. How about you show us your rig? We'll put a bit of spit-shine on it, get it roaring." She looks over to Myr'iad, who seemed interested in such things.

"And seems like we've got some of your rivals to rope. Maybe take a gander at what they're bringing." Hirix takes a drag of her cigarette as she sends a reassuring "We'll clean up in no time doll."

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Init +0 Per +7, LLV | Speed 20 SP 7 | HP 12 | RP 4 EAC 13 KAC 16 | SVs Fort +1/ Ref +0/ Will +5

Brezaki rushes in and starts immediately dissembling her engineering kit.

"Alright Laboni, we're here to help. Is that the rig over there? I'm going to go over and see if I can figure out what you've got to work with."

Engineering: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

Quite the passive aggressive group this is! Brace yourselves, this next post is a big one...

Laboni quakes a bit at Sovokolok but calms down with Aaz's reassurance and with Hirix's words, she even seems to gain a bit of confidence. "Well, the race is this afternoon and my junkracer is no match compared to the other junkracers, especially Ratrod's. Let me show you!"

Laboni's Junkracer
Speed 40 ft., full 400 ft.
EAC 10; KAC 12
Attack energy weapon (–4 to Piloting)
Modifiers +2 Piloting, –3 attack
Passengers 1

She leads you to her pit area and looking at the junkracer, you come to the conclusion that it's really quite amazingly good for someone who worked alone using only the piles of junk here in Botscrap. However, it certainly doesn't compare to other junkracers you passed on the way to Laboni's pit area.

She turns towards you, face a bit red, and says, "There's uh... one other uh... problem. I'm an awful pilot and I don't know how to shoot a gun. So even if my racer were top-of-the-scrap heap, I'd still lose in a race. BUT I have a plan! I built a remote control apparatus into this junkracer, so once the race starts, even though I'll be sitting in the racer, you guys can do the piloting and shooting for me! Ingenius, right?? Right! Okay, this is what we need to do..."

The race works essentially like a 2-part mini-game. Part 1 is junk race preparation and Part 2 is the race itself. I'll describe Part 2 beforehand as it may affect how you want to prep in Part 1.
But first, your opponents!

Opponent List:
The other racers:
  • Lemgem, a blue-haired female gnome covered in piercings, tattoos, and augmentations
  • Nyizin, a grizzled-looking female ryphorian covered with scars, presumably from battles fought
  • Orsis, a dark-haired male damaya lashunta who looks unfairly good in his black and gold racing suit
  • Ratrod, a male ysoki with mottled gray-and-white fur. He's the charismatic reigning champ and the crowd just loves him
  • Velocity, a beautiful android with silver hair and skin displaying both masculine and feminine attributes

Part 2 - The Race:
For Part 2, the race is broken down into rounds. Each round consists of a gunnery phase and a piloting phase:
  • Gunnery Phase: Everyone shoots the weapons mounted on their vehicles at whichever opponent they wish. Range and cover doesn't apply - everyone will always be able to target anyone else. If a target is hit, the target will have a penalty during the piloting phase.
  • Piloting Phase: Everyone makes a piloting check. Success means the racer moves ahead at full speed. Failure means the racer moves at half speed or extreme failure means no movement at all that round. Note that full speed is 10x a racer's speed and half speed is 5x a racer's speed. For example, the full speed of Laboni's racer is currently 10 x 40 = 400 ft.
One character will take the piloting rolls and everyone else can take gunnery rolls. If there aren't enough guns for everyone to roll each round, then you can either rotate gunners or provide IC moral support for your teammates.

The first racer to cross the finish line 3,000 feet away from the start wins!

Part 1 - Junk Race Prep:
For Part 1, everyone gets four actions, which we'll take in rounds (i.e. we'll have four rounds where everyone takes one action). Your action may consist of one of the following:
  • Improve Laboni's junkracer & scout one opponent or vehicle. Improving the junkracer requires any one of the following checks: Computers, Engineering, Perception or Physical Science. Scouting an opponent requires a Sense Motive check and scouting an opponent's vehicle requires an Engineering check. See the list below for what improvements are possible on Laboni's racer. So if you select this action, identify an improvement, make an improvement roll, select an opponent or opponent's vehicle, and make a scouting roll. Clear as mud?
  • Scout all opponents. This will allow five sense motive checks to scout all opponents
  • Scout all vehicles. This will allow five engineering checks to scout all opponents' vehicles
  • Sabotage. First a stealth check is required to get close to an opponent's vehicle unseen. Then an engineering check is needed to sabotage something - either reducing the vehicle's speed by 10 (which means the full speed is reduced by 100) or putting a -4 penalty on one of the vehicle's modifiers (either Piloting or Attack). If you select this action, identify who you want to sabotage, what stat on their vehicle you want to sabotage, and give me both a stealth roll and an engineering roll
  • Socialize with opponent. Finally, you can take time to speak to one of the other pilots. This action, because it is an RP conversation, may take a bit longer than the other actions. So in the interest of keeping things moving, if you know you want to socialize with more than one or more opponent(s), I won't object if you start up multiple conversations in parallel. For example, if you want to spend all four of your actions to socialize, then feel free to start up all four conversations at the same time...no need to wait for round 2, 3, and 4 to start.

Possible improvements (all bonuses are stackable):

  • The vehicle’s base speed increases by 5 feet (increases full speed by 5 x 10 = 50 feet)
  • The vehicle gains a +1 Piloting modifier
  • The vehicle gains a +1 attack modifier
  • The vehicle gains a +2 bonus to its EAC
  • The vehicle gains a +2 bonus to its KAC
  • An additional basic energy weapon is installed onto the vehicle (imposes a –4 base Piloting penalty on a hit)
  • An additional kinetic weapon is installed onto the vehicle (imposes a –4 base Piloting penalty on a hit)
  • One weapon is upgraded to impose an additional –2 penalty to enemy Piloting checks on a successful hit

This is a lot of detail, so if there are any questions, let me know either here or in the discussion thread. Otherwise, let's get started with part 1, round 1!!! Bonesaw, we can ignore that engineering roll since it was put out there before this post was put up.

-----------------------------

Junk Race Prep - Round 1

The characters in bold may go ahead and take their first action:
Azanar Kroi
Telwyn
Hirix
Brezaki
Myr’iad
Sovokolok-Asnari

Acquisitives

SP 15/15 | HP 22/22 | RP 5/6 | Detect Thoughts SLA 0/1 | EAC 19, KAC 19, CMD 27 | F+2, R+8, W+3 | Init +7, Perc +10 | Damaya Lashunta Operative 3

When racing do multiple hits on the same vehicle stack or just the largest single penalty?

Telwyn sizes up the party and gives her best guess as to how to proceed.

"First lets decide what roles we can all take during the race later. I'm guessing our best pilot is Myr. Then 3 guns might be enough, and that would be Sovokolok, Hirix, and myself. Maybe 2 more guns but is that overkill we should better spend on the other systems?"

Anyone think that Myr pilot, and the above 3 gunners isn't our best bet? I'm one of the first timers here BTW

"In preparation, I'm going to start off with a tour of the competition. If one of you more mechanically inclined wants to take a quick look at the other vehicles we could regroup with decent info before the rest get to work."

I'm suggesting we do a single Scout All of each type to start off. Telwyn has decent Sense Motive so I'll get things moving. After the first 2 scoutings then the rest might have a better idea what to do with the rest of round 1.
I'm not trying to be controlling just throwing an idea out and getting things moving. So feel free to completely throw out this plan if it doesn't sound right heh.

Telwyn will scout the opponents to get a quick lay of the land.

Lemgem: Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Nyizin: Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Orsis: Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Ratrod: Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Velocity: Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

Yes multiple hits on the same target will stack penalties

Wayfinders

Neutral | Male Vesk | Solarion (Xenoseeker) 1 | EAC: 16 KAC: 18 vsCM: 26 | SP: 8/8 HP: 8/13 RP: 4/4 | Init: +1 | F:+3 R:+1 W:+2 | Perception 0 | Conditions:

My actions will likely be for rounds 1-3 speaking with the other drivers. The third round I will visit Ratrod himself depending on the outcome of those visits I will decide on what to do for round 4

Waiting for the Telwyn to report Sovokolok-Asnari watches as the others make the vehicle ready for the race. Once Telwyn artived bavk the vesk stands and looking at noone in particular Sovokolok-Asnari begins to leave the 'pit' saying, "You look for trash for the vehicle. I will announce our presence to those that would date challenge us."

Wasting no time Sovokolok-Asnari heads for the gnome known as Lemgem.

Upon arriving at the gnome's 'pit' he announces, "I seek the gnome named Lemgem. Show yourself that we may speak."

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Lashunta Solarian 3 | SP 21/21 : HP 25/25 : RP 4/4 | EAC 11 : KAC 12 EAC 14 : KAC 15 | F +3 : R +1 : W +2 | Perc. +9 : S.M. +3 : Init. +0 : Move 30' | Ember Doshko +7, 1d8+7F : Tactical Spear +7, 1d6+5P (20 ft) : Solar Weapon +7, 1d6+11 | STR +4 DEX +0 CON +0 INT +1 WIS -1 CHA +3 | Acrobatics: +4 Athletics: +10 Bluff: +7 Computers: +5 Culture: +5 Diplomacy: +7+1d6* Disguise +4 Intimidate: +12 Profession: +12 Stealth: +4+1d6* | Battery 20/20 | | CONDITIONS none : BUFFS none

Like Sovokolok, I don't think I can offer much more than social skills. But can engineering rolls be made untrained? I would have a +1.


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

For the improve action bear in mind that it can be Computers, Engineering, Perception or Physical Science. Perception can be used untrained but the rest must be trained.


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

Telwyn observes the other junkracer pilots from afar and is unable to come to any definitive conclusion about Ratrod but is able to gauge the skill level of the remaining pilots:

  • Lemgem: Piloting: Below Avg, Gunner: Below Avg
  • Nyizin: Piloting: Below Avg, Gunner: Above Avg
  • Orsis: Piloting: Avg, Gunner: Avg
  • Velocity: Piloting: Ace, Gunner: Avg


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

Lemgem pokes her head out from behind her junkracer. "Hi there! Well aren't you a big fella! Hey you're from Laboni's team, right? Really sorry to hear about your girl's troubles with Ratrod. He's a bit of a pompous noob but he's got skillz for sure! What can I do for you?"

While she talks to you, she doesn't stop fiddling with her junkracer - constantly adjusting settings, removing and re-adding parts. And not only with her junkracer, but with her own personal augments as well!

Even to the untrained eye, some of the vehicle alterations she's put in dangerously skirts the bounds of common sense.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Lashunta Solarian 3 | SP 21/21 : HP 25/25 : RP 4/4 | EAC 11 : KAC 12 EAC 14 : KAC 15 | F +3 : R +1 : W +2 | Perc. +9 : S.M. +3 : Init. +0 : Move 30' | Ember Doshko +7, 1d8+7F : Tactical Spear +7, 1d6+5P (20 ft) : Solar Weapon +7, 1d6+11 | STR +4 DEX +0 CON +0 INT +1 WIS -1 CHA +3 | Acrobatics: +4 Athletics: +10 Bluff: +7 Computers: +5 Culture: +5 Diplomacy: +7+1d6* Disguise +4 Intimidate: +12 Profession: +12 Stealth: +4+1d6* | Battery 20/20 | | CONDITIONS none : BUFFS none
GM bigboom wrote:
For the improve action bear in mind that it can be Computers, Engineering, Perception or Physical Science. Perception can be used untrained but the rest must be trained.

"Give me some pictures of parts you need and I'll look around the junk pile and see what I can find," Aazanar says. He loads the pictures onto his comm unit and goes off to look.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

I'll try and find something that improves speed, to start with.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Lashunta Solarian 3 | SP 21/21 : HP 25/25 : RP 4/4 | EAC 11 : KAC 12 EAC 14 : KAC 15 | F +3 : R +1 : W +2 | Perc. +9 : S.M. +3 : Init. +0 : Move 30' | Ember Doshko +7, 1d8+7F : Tactical Spear +7, 1d6+5P (20 ft) : Solar Weapon +7, 1d6+11 | STR +4 DEX +0 CON +0 INT +1 WIS -1 CHA +3 | Acrobatics: +4 Athletics: +10 Bluff: +7 Computers: +5 Culture: +5 Diplomacy: +7+1d6* Disguise +4 Intimidate: +12 Profession: +12 Stealth: +4+1d6* | Battery 20/20 | | CONDITIONS none : BUFFS none
Telwyn wrote:
"First lets decide what roles we can all take during the race later. I'm guessing our best pilot is Myr. Then 3 guns might be enough, and that would be Sovokolok, Hirix, and myself. Maybe 2 more guns but is that overkill we should better spend on the other systems?"

If this works like regular ranged combat or a gunnery check, Aazanar has a +1 to hit. He also has no piloting skill. So I don't mind manning a gun but I definitely shouldn't be the main gunner.

I definitely agree that we want an engineering scout of the other vehicles.


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear
Aazanar Kroi wrote:

"Give me some pictures of parts you need and I'll look around the junk pile and see what I can find," Aazanar says. He loads the pictures onto his comm unit and goes off to look.

I'll try and find something that improves speed, to start with.

Also, when you spend an action to try to improve Laboni's racer, you can also take time to scout out one opponent (with sense motive) or one opponent's junkracer (with engineering). So your perception roll was an attempt to improve the junkracer's speed. And I'll roll a sense motive for you to try and scout Ratrod since Telwyn was unable to find out anything about Ratrod.

Aaz Sense Motive to scout Ratrod: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13

Aazanar spent some time digging through the scrapheap but was unfortunately unable to locate any useful parts. He also tried to keep an eye on Ratrod but Ratrod proved a bit too elusive.

---------------------

Junk Race Prep - Round 1, Cont'd

The characters in bold may take their Round 1 action:
Hirix
Brezaki
Myr’iad
Sovokolok-Asnari - Socializing with Lemgem is ongoing. To help speed things up, if you wish, you may begin socializing with your other two targets in parallel. Not mandatory though!

Azanar Kroi - attempted to improve junkracer
Telwyn - scouted opponents

Regarding the question about how gunnery phase rolls work, it is BAB +DEX +junkracer attack modifier. As for piloting rolls, it is piloting skill +junkracer piloting modifier. Any other questions -
keep 'em coming!!

Wayfinders

Neutral | Male Vesk | Solarion (Xenoseeker) 1 | EAC: 16 KAC: 18 vsCM: 26 | SP: 8/8 HP: 8/13 RP: 4/4 | Init: +1 | F:+3 R:+1 W:+2 | Perception 0 | Conditions:

"I am that. Your vehicle. It looks like you and Laboni went looking for the same parts in the same heap." Sovokolok-Asnari makes a low hiss from deep in his throat as he says that last part. "Where is the rest of your crew? It does not look like you will be able to ride this before the race?" Not waiting for her answer he continues, "I have come to know where your allegiances stand. Are you a pawn of this Ratrod or shall we crush and humilate him by bringing Laboni to victory?"

diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

GM I'd rather hear how the driver reacts before moving on to the next. I'm planning on creating a crew to crush Ratrod so I need to see who I can get to align with me


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

Lemgem respond to Sovokolok, "Well, all of us more or less got our parts from the same heap. That's part of the rules, dontcha know!" She pours a green liquid into a car part on her vehicle causing a few loud, alarming sparks but no explosion...yet.

"Crew is out scavenging...that's what they're good for! This ride will be up and ready to burn down that track in no time!!"

At the mention of humiliating Ratrod, she stops tweaking the junkracer for the first time since you met her. She eyes you up and down, carefully weighing your words. "Though a bit off-putting, you seem like a direct, sincere fellow. Agreed, let's make a deal! I help Laboni take first, I'll take second and when Ratrod stares on in shock, we can have a good laugh! Good?"

She turns back to her vehicle to begin her next set of constant alterations, when a light bulb has apparently lit up above her head. "Oh! I've got a useful bit of information to share with you since you're now my partner! Ratrod has developed some kind of energy absorption defense. Every now and then, his junkracer seems to get momentarily charged up when hit by an energy weapon, rather than hindered. It doesn't happen with every energy weapon hit but does happen somewhat often."

"Anyways, will see you at the finish line...partner!" She dives right back into working on her junkracer.

No worries, approach the other junkracer pilots in any order you wish!

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Init +0 Per +7, LLV | Speed 20 SP 7 | HP 12 | RP 4 EAC 13 KAC 16 | SVs Fort +1/ Ref +0/ Will +5

"I will scout around the junkyard for some useful parts. We could add a gyro ballista to the racer."

Brezaki goes off to look for a kinetic weapon in the junkyard.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

I'll take a look over at Rat Rod while I'm at it.

Sense Motive:Rat Rod: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Wayfinders

Neutral | Male Vesk | Solarion (Xenoseeker) 1 | EAC: 16 KAC: 18 vsCM: 26 | SP: 8/8 HP: 8/13 RP: 4/4 | Init: +1 | F:+3 R:+1 W:+2 | Perception 0 | Conditions:

"You have chosen wisely. Our partnership will bring humility to Ratrod that has never been seen before in this...junk heap!" Sovokolok-Asnari laughs – which sounds something like the tail of a rattlesnake. "We thank you for this information. Continue with the preparations of your vehicle. Before I leave are there other racers who would also wish to destroy Ratrod in this fashion?"

All information will be relayed to the others on the team. So let's get some kinetic weapons. Good job Brez!

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Female Shirren Operative 1 | KAC 15 EAC 14 | HP 12/12 SP 8/8 RP 4/4 | F +2 R +5 W +4 | Init +4 | Perc +7 | Active Status:: -none-

Roleplay wise I'd love to spend time scouting out and chatting with the competition, but it looks like we have that covered already (plus some party members don't have the skills needed to take other roles). So time to work on the junkracer instead!

Hirix circles around the Laboni's junkracer, picking at bits and pieces with one claw. What she sees doesn't entirely satisfy her. "Telwyn's right, this heap could use a mean couple 'a gats. Here, and here. I'll scrounge up another one for you doll." Hirix goes looking for an extra kinetic weapon, something that looks easy to fire.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Once she's done, Hirix takes a stroll and covertly investigates Ratrod's junkracer.

Engineering: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

Unfortunately, Bonesaw was unable to locate the proper parts needed for a kinetic weapon. But his beady little eye was able to spy a bit on Ratrod to evaluate his skill level:

  • Ratrod Piloting: Above Avg ; Gunner: Above Avg

    --------------

    Meanwhile, back in Lemgem's pit, she responds to Sovokolok, "I honestly can't say. I mean no one obviously outright hates Ratrod, except maybe for your teammate Laboni, judging by her calling him out. But it's not like we all love each other either. Sorry, can't be more help on this one..."

    --------------

    Hiris has a productive hour or so as he spots the right parts needed to piece together a kinetic weapon! In addition, he's able to scout out Ratrod's junkracer and determine the following:

  • Ratrod's Junkracer Speed: above average ; Weapons: one energy

    For reference, Laboni's junkracer's speed is currently considered 'below average'


  • Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

    Junk Race Prep - Round 1, Cont'd

    The characters in bold may take their Round 1 action:

  • Myr’iad
  • Hirix - added kinetic weapon & scouted Ratrod's junkracer
  • Brezaki - attempted to improve junkracer & scouted Ratrod
  • Sovokolok-Asnari - formed alliance with Lemgem
  • Azanar Kroi - attempted to improve junkracer & scout Ratrod
  • Telwyn - scouted opponents

    Laboni's Junkracer, Current Stats:
    Laboni's Junkracer
    Speed 40 ft., full 400 ft.
    EAC 10; KAC 12
    Attack energy weapon (–4 to Piloting) ; kinetic weapon (-4 to Piloting)
    Modifiers +2 Piloting, –3 attack
    Passengers 1

    I'll move on to round 2 so that everyone can take their next action. Myr'iad, when you next post, you can go ahead and post both your first round and your second round actions.

    --------------------------------------

    Junk Race Prep - Round 2

    The characters in bold may take their Round 2 action:

  • Myr’iad
  • Hirix
  • Brezaki
  • Sovokolok-Asnari
  • Azanar Kroi
  • Telwyn

  • Acquisitives

    Android Operative (Ace Pilot) 1 | SP 8/8 HP 10/10 RP 5/5 | EAC 16 KAC 15 | FORT +1, REF +6, WILL +2 | INIT +5 | Perc +5 (LL&DV)

    Sorry everyone for my delay! Very bad weather today has made work extremely busy. Also, Myr'iad will definitely accept the implement from earlier. I did not make that very clear, sorry GM.

    Round 1

    Given that Myr'iad is not well versed in reading the emotions of organics, they opt for the route of subterfuge. They cautiously move around towards Velocity's junkracer in hopes of aiding their own ability to out-pilot the racer...

    Stealth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30
    Engineering: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

    Round 2

    If Myr'iad was unsuccessful at sabotaging Velocity's racer in the first round, they will attempt again with the rolls below. Otherwise, they will move on to Orsis' racer and attempt the same...

    Stealth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24
    Engineering: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23


    Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

    No problem, Myr'iad. For your sabotage attempt, also specify whether you want the sabotage to inflict either: 1) a 10 ft decrease in your victim's speed or 2) a -4 penalty to their piloting rolls, or 3) a -4 penalty to their attack rolls.

    Acquisitives

    SP 15/15 | HP 22/22 | RP 5/6 | Detect Thoughts SLA 0/1 | EAC 19, KAC 19, CMD 27 | F+2, R+8, W+3 | Init +7, Perc +10 | Damaya Lashunta Operative 3

    Telwyn takes a look around Laboni's engine hoping to spot something obvious like frayed wires or blocked coolant, trying to improve its speed.

    Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

    Does repeated scouting on an opponent give us more information? Telwyn has no engineering and we've successfully scouted each pilot once I believe.

    Telwyn thinks Velocity is a potential problem and wants to take another look to see if she has discernable weaknesses.

    Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


    Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

    No, the additional scouting doesn't give any more details. So for improvement actions, you're correct. No need for further sense motive rolls

    Telwyn examines Laboni's handiwork and does successfully spot a few odds and ends here and there that, when tightened up, provide an improvement to speed!

    Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

    Init +0 Per +7, LLV | Speed 20 SP 7 | HP 12 | RP 4 EAC 13 KAC 16 | SVs Fort +1/ Ref +0/ Will +5

    Last Round's action:
    Brezaki brings out a crude looking "ballista," which was designed to fire two foot long pieces of rebar with electromagnetic pulses. She fits the device onto the front of the junk cycle and tests it out. The rebar bolt only fire a measly ten meters and the recoil knocks the junk racer on its side.

    "Hmmm...I guess that's not going to work. I'm going to put a pin in that for now."

    Brezaki congratulates Hirix "I think your weapon is going to work a bit better than my attempt. I don't know whether we need another weapon but I noticed that the junk racer shakes a bit. If we can tighten up the mounts I think we could make the weapons much more accurate. I'm going to go see if I can find anything that would help.."

    Perception:Improve Vehicle Attack Mod: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

    Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

    Init +0 Per +7, LLV | Speed 20 SP 7 | HP 12 | RP 4 EAC 13 KAC 16 | SVs Fort +1/ Ref +0/ Will +5

    Brezaki will also see if she can find out anything else about Osiris.

    Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

    Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

    Female Shirren Operative 1 | KAC 15 EAC 14 | HP 12/12 SP 8/8 RP 4/4 | F +2 R +5 W +4 | Init +4 | Perc +7 | Active Status:: -none-

    Round 2:
    Seeing Brezaki's attempt to mount the ballista ended in failure, Hirix goes searching for another gun to affix. Something with less recoil and more stopping power. While she searches, she sends back to Brezaki "Did ya see the heat those wrecks out there are packing? Our bird's going to get drilled full 'a holes out there." She points her antennae at Laboni. "You ready to patch her up afterwards doc?"

    Hirix comes back with another machine gun and starts working to integrate it. With two weapons already in place, she has to break out her tool kit and do some internal rewiring.

    Engineering: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

    Sending now to the whole team, minus Laboni, Hirix says "Ratrod's rig is fast, so we got two choices. Blow that screwball's racer to bits or outspeed him. And I'm thinking the second one's gonna work out better against the rest of these suckers."

    Hirix will also wander over to examine Orsis' racer.

    Engineering: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

    1 to 50 of 344 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [SFS] 1-01 The Commencement - GM bigboom Gameplay All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.