[SFS] 1-01 The Commencement - GM bigboom (Inactive)

Game Master bigboom

Slides and Maps


51 to 100 of 344 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Acquisitives

Android Operative (Ace Pilot) 1 | SP 8/8 HP 10/10 RP 5/5 | EAC 16 KAC 15 | FORT +1, REF +6, WILL +2 | INIT +5 | Perc +5 (LL&DV)

For Velocity, I will inflict a -4 penalty to the Piloting skill. And for Orsis (if applicable), I'd like to inflict the -10 speed penalty.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Lashunta Solarian 3 | SP 21/21 : HP 25/25 : RP 4/4 | EAC 11 : KAC 12 EAC 14 : KAC 15 | F +3 : R +1 : W +2 | Perc. +9 : S.M. +3 : Init. +0 : Move 30' | Ember Doshko +7, 1d8+7F : Tactical Spear +7, 1d6+5P (20 ft) : Solar Weapon +7, 1d6+11 | STR +4 DEX +0 CON +0 INT +1 WIS -1 CHA +3 | Acrobatics: +4 Athletics: +10 Bluff: +7 Computers: +5 Culture: +5 Diplomacy: +7+1d6* Disguise +4 Intimidate: +12 Profession: +12 Stealth: +4+1d6* | Battery 20/20 | | CONDITIONS none : BUFFS none

Can we take 10 on these checks? If so:

Second Action

Getting frustrated, Aazanar continues to search for engine modifications. "I hope the other racers haven't got all the good stuff yet."

Perception Take 10: 10 + 7 = 17


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

Sorry but no, can't take 10 with these checks as this would be considered a situation where you're under pressure and stress, rushing to get things prepped for the race. On the bright side, odds are your rolls will improve...right?


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

Myr'iad sneaks into Velocity's pit area with ease and when she arrives she sees exactly what needs to be done to render the junkracer less maneuverable. However, she couldn't find the proper tools needed to do so. On her second try, however, she is better prepared, returning to Velocity's pit and successfully sabotaging it.

Round 1 action was unsuccessful, but you weren't caught. Round 2 action successfully applied -4 piloting to Velocity's junkracer!

-------------

Bonesaw puts a rebar....errrr....pin in his previous attempt. This round though, Bonesaw manages to improve the vehicle's attack modifier +1. However, there is no additional information to gather regarding Orsis.

-------------

Hirix successfully mounts another kinetic weapon on the Laboni's junkracer - one that does not knock it over onto it's side. Taking a look over at Orsis' racer, you're not able to get a good enough look to glean any information from it.

-------------

Junk Race Prep - Round 2, cont'd

The characters in bold may take their Round 2 action:

  • Azanar Kroi
  • Sovokolok-Asnari
  • Myr’iad - first action unable to sabotage, second action sabotaged Velocity's junkracer -4 piloting
  • Hirix - added kinetic weapon to junkracer, attempted to scout Orsis' junkracer
  • Brezaki - improved attack modifier +1
  • Telwyn - improved speed by 5 feet

    Laboni's Junkracer, Current Stats:
    Laboni's Junkracer
    Speed 45 ft., full 450 ft.
    EAC 10; KAC 12
    Attack energy weapon (–4 to Piloting) ; kinetic weapon (-4 to Piloting) ; kinetic weapon (-4 to Piloting)
    Modifiers +2 Piloting, –2 attack
    Passengers 1

  • Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

    Lashunta Solarian 3 | SP 21/21 : HP 25/25 : RP 4/4 | EAC 11 : KAC 12 EAC 14 : KAC 15 | F +3 : R +1 : W +2 | Perc. +9 : S.M. +3 : Init. +0 : Move 30' | Ember Doshko +7, 1d8+7F : Tactical Spear +7, 1d6+5P (20 ft) : Solar Weapon +7, 1d6+11 | STR +4 DEX +0 CON +0 INT +1 WIS -1 CHA +3 | Acrobatics: +4 Athletics: +10 Bluff: +7 Computers: +5 Culture: +5 Diplomacy: +7+1d6* Disguise +4 Intimidate: +12 Profession: +12 Stealth: +4+1d6* | Battery 20/20 | | CONDITIONS none : BUFFS none
    GM bigboom wrote:
    Sorry but no, can't take 10 with these checks as this would be considered a situation where you're under pressure and stress, rushing to get things prepped for the race. On the bright side, odds are your rolls will improve...right?

    In that case...

    Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

    ... or not.

    Wayfinders

    Neutral | Male Vesk | Solarion (Xenoseeker) 1 | EAC: 16 KAC: 18 vsCM: 26 | SP: 8/8 HP: 8/13 RP: 4/4 | Init: +1 | F:+3 R:+1 W:+2 | Perception 0 | Conditions:

    Sovokolok-Asnari heads out to find the next racer, Nyizin. As is his way the vesk wastes no time in announcing his presence.

    "Where is the one known as Nyizin? I Sovokolok-Asnari seek an audience with her so that we may discuss the upcoming challenge."


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

    Sovokolok walks into Nyizin's pit crew area. Her junkracer is being worked on by a few of Nyizin's pit crew members. Briefly looking at the vehicle, you can tell that it is filled with unstable black-market mods made of dragon bone and elemental energies. Nobody but an individual with a death wish would drive a vehicle loaded with such equipment.

    After Sovokolok announces his presence, one of the pit crew members points Sovokolok to a door in the back. As is his way, Sovokolok loudly bursts through the door, unannounced.

    The next room is best described as a shrine but not to a god or deity, but rather to an individual. There is a picture of a dragonkin mounted on the wall, surrounded by burning incense sticks, candles, and flowers. You can see that it was set up with great care to honor the pictured dragonkin. Sitting before the picture in meditation with eyes closed is a large, strong, and deeply battle-scarred Ryphorian. She is most definitely a fighter and likely a formidable one at that.

    Remaining in her meditative pose, without turning towards Sovokolok, she says, "You may enter if you are willing to honor the dead. Come in, sit, and reflect a moment. Then afterwards we may discuss the purpose for your presence."

    --------------------------------

    Junk Race Prep - Round 2, Conclusion

    The characters in bold may take their Round 2 action:

    • Sovokolok-Asnari - socializing with Nyizin is ongoing
    • Azanar Kroi - attempted improvement. Hang in there, the dice gods must have bigger plans for you!
    • Myr’iad - first action unable to sabotage, second action sabotaged Velocity's junkracer -4 piloting
    • Hirix - added kinetic weapon to junkracer, attempted to scout Orsis' junkracer
    • Brezaki - improved attack modifier +1
    • Telwyn - improved speed by 5 feet

    Laboni's Junkracer, Current Stats:
    Laboni's Junkracer
    Speed 45 ft., full 450 ft.
    EAC 10; KAC 12
    Attack energy weapon (–4 to Piloting) ; kinetic weapon (-4 to Piloting) ; kinetic weapon (-4 to Piloting)
    Modifiers +2 Piloting, –2 attack
    Passengers 1

    --------------------------------

    Junk Race Prep - Round 3

    The characters in bold may take their Round 3 action:

  • Sovokolok-Asnari
  • Azanar Kroi
  • Myr’iad
  • Hirix
  • Brezaki
  • Telwyn

  • Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

    Init +0 Per +7, LLV | Speed 20 SP 7 | HP 12 | RP 4 EAC 13 KAC 16 | SVs Fort +1/ Ref +0/ Will +5

    "Laboni, you might have gotten in over your head, but I think it's amazing you managed to make a working engine out of the scrap that is here."

    Brezaki looks over the junk racer.

    "We're armed to teeth and we've managed to improve the accuracy a little bit. Telwyn's made a good start on the engine but there is still a lot we could do to increase the racer's speed. I'm going to try working on that. Maybe I can find something useful in that junk heap by Nyizin's racer."

    Perception:Increase speed: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

    Engineering:Scout Nyizin's racer: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

    Wayfinders

    Neutral | Male Vesk | Solarion (Xenoseeker) 1 | EAC: 16 KAC: 18 vsCM: 26 | SP: 8/8 HP: 8/13 RP: 4/4 | Init: +1 | F:+3 R:+1 W:+2 | Perception 0 | Conditions:

    Sovokolok-Asnari nods respectfully and kneels down beside her waiting for her to speak pleased that amongst all this garbage a true warrior could be found.


    Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

    After a few moments of silence, Nyizin says, "Now, tell me, what are your beliefs in honoring fallen comrades-in-arms - battle sisters or battle brothers, as the case may be?"

    After posting your answer, give me a Sense Motive and Culture roll

    After Sovokolok-Asnari answers, Nyizin will acknowledge the reply, then say, "I see. Well, proper introductions are overdue. I am Nyizin. How am I to address you and what is the purpose of your visit?"

    Acquisitives

    SP 15/15 | HP 22/22 | RP 5/6 | Detect Thoughts SLA 0/1 | EAC 19, KAC 19, CMD 27 | F+2, R+8, W+3 | Init +7, Perc +10 | Damaya Lashunta Operative 3

    "These weapon mounts are more stable now but I have some doubts about this targeting system. Maybe I can find somethink in the yard."

    Telwyn goes looking for a new computer or communication system to help targeting to improve the attack bonus.

    Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

    Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

    Lashunta Solarian 3 | SP 21/21 : HP 25/25 : RP 4/4 | EAC 11 : KAC 12 EAC 14 : KAC 15 | F +3 : R +1 : W +2 | Perc. +9 : S.M. +3 : Init. +0 : Move 30' | Ember Doshko +7, 1d8+7F : Tactical Spear +7, 1d6+5P (20 ft) : Solar Weapon +7, 1d6+11 | STR +4 DEX +0 CON +0 INT +1 WIS -1 CHA +3 | Acrobatics: +4 Athletics: +10 Bluff: +7 Computers: +5 Culture: +5 Diplomacy: +7+1d6* Disguise +4 Intimidate: +12 Profession: +12 Stealth: +4+1d6* | Battery 20/20 | | CONDITIONS none : BUFFS none

    After looking around, Aazanar takes Myr'iad aside.

    {Listen,} he projects telepathically. {If you get a chance to do any more 'modifications' to anyone else's racers, I would suggest going after Ratrod. If Laboni does better than Ratrod, that might be enough to save face even if she doesn't win. And I think Ratrod is the favourite to begin with.}

    Aazanar goes back to look for more engine parts.

    perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 ... woot!

    GM: Can I also make a sense motive check against one racer at the same time? I do whoever we haven't done successfully. I'm untrained but I might as well roll, since it doesn't cost anything extra.

    sense motive (untrained): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10

    Wayfinders

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Neutral | Male Vesk | Solarion (Xenoseeker) 1 | EAC: 16 KAC: 18 vsCM: 26 | SP: 8/8 HP: 8/13 RP: 4/4 | Init: +1 | F:+3 R:+1 W:+2 | Perception 0 | Conditions:

    He pauses before answering showing his emotions as he reveals his answer "I am VESK. The fallen must be honoured. The battles they have won must be given tribute. That is the way of the Vesk. And those that would make a mockery of that will be crushed for their insolence! There a several ways that a Vesk honours a fallen comrade but that is not for the ears of one who is not Vesk."

    Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 11

    "I am Sovokolok-Asnari. First Walker of Worlds. I come here to ask you if you are a pawn of Ratrod or do you live to crush and humiliate the loud ysoki who would seek favour and fame by defeating whelps who have only just left their clutch."


    Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

    Aazanar, yes, you can make a sense motive check against a racer at the same time, but your party has already successfully sense motive'd all the opposing racers, so your team has fully scouted the opposing racers' abilities. This renders any further sense motive scouting rolls moot.

    Nyizin listens to Sovokolok-Asnari's words and says, "I see. It is good that your kind properly honors your fallen. I respect that.

    "As for the ysoki Ratrod, I am neither his pawn nor do I live to 'crush and humiliate' my fellow racers. Rather, I intend to win in honor of my fallen companion." She glances sideways momentarily towards the portrait on the wall. "Well, if that is all you've come to inquire, you know where my allegiance lies. If there is nothing else, I wish you luck in the upcoming race although you'll understand if I do not wish you a first place victory."

    You get the sense that she has more potential information to share but would do so only with an individual who better understands the motives and traditions behind her need to honor the dead.

    By the way, even though Sovokolok-Asnari has already visited Nyizin, you guys can certainly have another character visit her again if desired.

    Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

    Female Shirren Operative 1 | KAC 15 EAC 14 | HP 12/12 SP 8/8 RP 4/4 | F +2 R +5 W +4 | Init +4 | Perc +7 | Active Status:: -none-

    Hirix takes a moment to look over the vehicle some more. Stamping out another cigarette (her 9th today so far), she sends "Where did that batty vesk go? Anyone spot him? Better not be knockin' off our competition, but I wouldn't put it past the lunk."

    Hirix follows her own advice and goes searching for a booster for the engine, trying to increase the vehicle's top speed.

    Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

    She finds four, inspects each of them to determine the cleanest looking one with all its parts intact, and brings it back to clamp to the rest of the rapidly expanding engine. While she puts her finishing touches on her work, she once again tries to scout out Orsis' racer.

    Engineering: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

    Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

    Lashunta Solarian 3 | SP 21/21 : HP 25/25 : RP 4/4 | EAC 11 : KAC 12 EAC 14 : KAC 15 | F +3 : R +1 : W +2 | Perc. +9 : S.M. +3 : Init. +0 : Move 30' | Ember Doshko +7, 1d8+7F : Tactical Spear +7, 1d6+5P (20 ft) : Solar Weapon +7, 1d6+11 | STR +4 DEX +0 CON +0 INT +1 WIS -1 CHA +3 | Acrobatics: +4 Athletics: +10 Bluff: +7 Computers: +5 Culture: +5 Diplomacy: +7+1d6* Disguise +4 Intimidate: +12 Profession: +12 Stealth: +4+1d6* | Battery 20/20 | | CONDITIONS none : BUFFS none

    Aazanar looks over at the engine component that Hirix brought in.

    {Outstanding!} he projects. {This baby should be really fast now! Just a little more and we'll be set for speed.}

    If I'm not mistaken, Telwyn, Hirix, and Myself have now all improved the engine once each, so it's speed should now be 55 feet (550 full). Since IIRC the track is 3000 feet long, we really want to get that speed to 60, since 3000 divides evenly by 60. So one more engine upgrade would be great.

    {Do you guys need me to do any socializing with the other racers?} Aazanar asks. {I'm told I can be charming when I want to be.}

    I have diplomacy +7 and Intimidate +9.


    Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

    Junk Race Prep - Round 2, Cont'd

    The characters in bold may take their Round 2 action:

    • Sovokolok-Asnari - socializing with Nyizin is ongoing
    • Azanar Kroi - attempted improvement. Hang in there, the dice gods must have bigger plans for you!
    • Myr’iad - first action unable to sabotage, second action sabotaged Velocity's junkracer -4 piloting
    • Hirix - added kinetic weapon to junkracer, attempted to scout Orsis' junkracer
    • Brezaki - improved attack modifier +1
    • Telwyn - improved speed by 5 feet

    Laboni's Junkracer, Current Stats:
    Laboni's Junkracer
    Speed 45 ft., full 450 ft.
    EAC 10; KAC 12
    Attack energy weapon (–4 to Piloting) ; kinetic weapon (-4 to Piloting) ; kinetic weapon (-4 to Piloting)
    Modifiers +2 Piloting, –2 attack
    Passengers 1

    --------------------------------

    Junk Race Prep - Round 3, cont'd

    The characters in bold may take their Round 3 action:

    • Sovokolok-Asnari
    • Myr’iad
    • Azanar Kroi - increased speed by 5 feet
    • Hirix - increased speed by 5 feet, scouted Orsis' junkracer
    • Brezaki - increased speed by 5 feet
    • Telwyn - improved attack modifier +1

    Hirix successfully got a good look at Orsis' junkracer and saw that it is of average speed and is well armed with an energy weapon and a particularly mean-looking kinetic weapon.

    For your reference, Laboni's junkracer's speed is now above average.

    Laboni's Junkracer, Current Stats:
    Laboni's Junkracer
    Speed 60 ft., full 600 ft.
    EAC 10; KAC 12
    Attack energy weapon (–4 to Piloting) ; kinetic weapon (-4 to Piloting) ; kinetic weapon (-4 to Piloting)
    Modifiers +2 Piloting, –1 attack
    Passengers 1

    --------------------------------

    Junk Race Prep - Round 4

    The characters in bold may take their Round 4 action:

    • Sovokolok-Asnari
    • Azanar Kroi
    • Myr’iad
    • Hirix
    • Brezaki
    • Telwyn

    Acquisitives

    SP 15/15 | HP 22/22 | RP 5/6 | Detect Thoughts SLA 0/1 | EAC 19, KAC 19, CMD 27 | F+2, R+8, W+3 | Init +7, Perc +10 | Damaya Lashunta Operative 3

    "We've made some good progress, but it's down to crunch time now. I'm going to look for something to shore up our energy defenses."

    Telwyn goes searching the yard again, this time looking to upgrade the vehicle's EAC.

    Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

    She finds a very fancy looking high energy frequency dissipation modulator.

    "Nice, this should definitely do the trick."

    Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

    Init +0 Per +7, LLV | Speed 20 SP 7 | HP 12 | RP 4 EAC 13 KAC 16 | SVs Fort +1/ Ref +0/ Will +5

    "Telwyn, that's a great idea. Laboni seems like she'll be a little exposed. Maybe I can find something to help with that."

    Brezaki remembers seeing some scrap metal that might make for some ballistic shielding. She heads back into the junkyard, hoping that she can find them again before some other race crew snatches them up.

    Perception:Improve KAC: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

    Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

    Female Shirren Operative 1 | KAC 15 EAC 14 | HP 12/12 SP 8/8 RP 4/4 | F +2 R +5 W +4 | Init +4 | Perc +7 | Active Status:: -none-

    Hirix continue to work on the racer, this time trying to improve the vehicle's piloting by steadying a rattling steering column with an extra couple of braces.

    Engineering: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

    Afterwards, she spends the last few moments gazing out at the rest of the competitors and watches the crowd fill in the stands. "Gonna be a tough crowd out there. People like an underdog, but they also like someone they can make a monkey of. And if Laboni starts on the wrong foot she could easily become a laughing stock. Competition doesn't look like its going to horse around either." The shirren snorts in dissatisfaction. "They aren't gonna make it easy on us."

    No scouting for last round

    Wayfinders

    Neutral | Male Vesk | Solarion (Xenoseeker) 1 | EAC: 16 KAC: 18 vsCM: 26 | SP: 8/8 HP: 8/13 RP: 4/4 | Init: +1 | F:+3 R:+1 W:+2 | Perception 0 | Conditions:

    Heading back to the others Sovokolok-Asnari announces "Who dares enter my mind?" the vesk hisses his disapproval.

    "I met with another, Nyizin. A warrior who honoured the fallen comrades. It is for these warriors that she races. Seek her out and see if you can win her to our side. Be earnest and respectful."

    Looking at the vehicle "Much better. This assortment of scrap metal will have much competition. Good you have added the necessary armaments. I will seek out this Ratrod now and tell him of his incoming doom."

    Sovokolok-Asnari heads for Ratrod's camp...

    Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

    Init +0 Per +7, LLV | Speed 20 SP 7 | HP 12 | RP 4 EAC 13 KAC 16 | SVs Fort +1/ Ref +0/ Will +5

    "Glad to hear that you approve of all our hard work, Sovok. Good idea, see if you can psyche that Ysoki out. Maybe let him know about all these cool guns we installed on this bad boy."

    Acquisitives

    Android Operative (Ace Pilot) 1 | SP 8/8 HP 10/10 RP 5/5 | EAC 16 KAC 15 | FORT +1, REF +6, WILL +2 | INIT +5 | Perc +5 (LL&DV)

    Round 3

    Myr'iad smiles to themselves after successfully sabotaging Velocity's racer. They then prepare to move onto Orsis' racer next...

    Stealth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14
    Engineering: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

    Hmm... not sure what the penalty is for a failure on the Stealth roll, because that's really low. I guess I will wait on my Round 4 actions until I know for sure what is going to happen with Round 3.


    Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

    Myr'iad makes her way to Orsis' pit area, looking like an innocent onlooker, she watches Orsis and his crew working on the junkracer. Orsis looks up, sees Myr'iad, smiles, then goes back to work with his crew. 'He must think I'm a fan' Myr'iad thinks to herself as she searches for an opening to slip in undetected.

    GM dice roll: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

    After a short time, she sees that Orsis and his crew step away for a break and seeing her chance, Myr'iad moves into the pit area in perfect silence. Trying to figure out how best to sabotage the junkracer, she circles around it but just as she circles around to the back of the junkracer, Orsis is there leaning against the racer, staring right at Myr'iad. "So, you thought you can sneak past me...someone who can literally DETECT THOUGHTS, did you? Get Laboni's flunky out of here boys!!"

    Botscrap security thugs bust in from out of nowhere, bodily lift you up, carry you out back to the middle of the scrapheap, then throw you 10 feet away onto the ground. The head security guard growls, "Get caught trying to cheat one more time and your entire team is disqualified! There will be no more warnings!"

    --------------------

    Sovokolok-Asnari heads over to Ratrod's pit area and finds a larger than average, open air pit. There are rows of seats with people seated just watching Ratrod and his crew work. Also, surrounding Ratrod are multiple camera drones, broadcasting live feeds of Ratrod to his many fans on the infosphere. Ratrod will occasionally look into one of the cameras and explain a bit about what he's tweaking or occasionally tell a story about his rags to scraps rise to fame amongst the scrapheap racers.

    As Sovokolok-Asnari approaches, someone from the audience yells at Ratrod in light-hearted banter "Ratrod, I bet I can outrace you if I try...I've been successful at everything I've ever tried!" Ratrod quickly retorts with a mischievous grin, "Have you ever tried...shutting up!" Both him and the crowd erupt in laughter. It is obvious he loves the crowd and the crowd loves him.

    Ratrod then sees Sovokolok-Asnari approaching and says, "Well hey everyone! Look who's here! It's the guy from Laboni's crew who doesn't know anything about building junkracers." Turning to face Sovokolok-Asnari directly, Ratrod says, "So, you've come to get schooled in the House of Ratrod?" The crowd falls silent, waiting in rapture to hear what Sovokolok-Asnari will say in response.

    Sovokolok-Asnari, in addition to your reply, please also give me a sense motive roll


    Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

    Junk Race Prep - Round 2, Conclusion

    The characters in bold may take their Round 2 action:


    • Sovokolok-Asnari - socializing with Nyizin concluded, it appears Nyizin would be more amenable to speak with someone who understands traditions
    • Azanar Kroi - attempted improvement. Hang in there, the dice gods must have bigger plans for you!
    • Myr’iad - first action unable to sabotage, second action sabotaged Velocity's junkracer -4 piloting
    • Hirix - added kinetic weapon to junkracer, attempted to scout Orsis' junkracer
    • Brezaki - improved attack modifier +1
    • Telwyn - improved speed by 5 feet

    Laboni's Junkracer, Current Stats:
    Laboni's Junkracer
    Speed 45 ft., full 450 ft.
    EAC 10; KAC 12
    Attack energy weapon (–4 to Piloting) ; kinetic weapon (-4 to Piloting) ; kinetic weapon (-4 to Piloting)
    Modifiers +2 Piloting, –2 attack
    Passengers 1

    --------------------------------

    Junk Race Prep - Round 3, cont'd

    The characters in bold may take their Round 3 action:

    • Sovokolok-Asnari - Socializing with Ratrod ongoing
    • Myr’iad - failed to sabotage Orsis' junkracer
    • Azanar Kroi - increased speed by 5 feet
    • Hirix - increased speed by 5 feet, scouted Orsis' junkracer
    • Brezaki - increased speed by 5 feet
    • Telwyn - improved attack modifier +1

    Hiris successfully got a good look at Orsis' junkracer and saw that it is of average speed and is well armed with an energy weapon and a particularly mean-looking kinetic weapon.

    For your reference, Laboni's junkracer's speed is now above average.

    Laboni's Junkracer, Current Stats:
    Laboni's Junkracer
    Speed 60 ft., full 600 ft.
    EAC 10; KAC 12
    Attack energy weapon (–4 to Piloting) ; kinetic weapon (-4 to Piloting) ; kinetic weapon (-4 to Piloting)
    Modifiers +2 Piloting, –1 attack
    Passengers 1

    --------------------------------

    Junk Race Prep - Round 4

    The characters in bold may take their Round 4 action:

    • Sovokolok-Asnari
    • Azanar Kroi
    • Myr’iad
    • Hirix - increased piloting modifier +1
    • Brezaki - increased KAC +2
    • Telwyn - increased EAC +2

    Laboni's Junkracer, Current Stats:
    Laboni's Junkracer
    Speed 60 ft., full 600 ft.
    EAC 12; KAC 14
    Attack energy weapon (–4 to Piloting) ; kinetic weapon (-4 to Piloting) ; kinetic weapon (-4 to Piloting)
    Modifiers +3 Piloting, –1 attack
    Passengers 1

    Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

    Lashunta Solarian 3 | SP 21/21 : HP 25/25 : RP 4/4 | EAC 11 : KAC 12 EAC 14 : KAC 15 | F +3 : R +1 : W +2 | Perc. +9 : S.M. +3 : Init. +0 : Move 30' | Ember Doshko +7, 1d8+7F : Tactical Spear +7, 1d6+5P (20 ft) : Solar Weapon +7, 1d6+11 | STR +4 DEX +0 CON +0 INT +1 WIS -1 CHA +3 | Acrobatics: +4 Athletics: +10 Bluff: +7 Computers: +5 Culture: +5 Diplomacy: +7+1d6* Disguise +4 Intimidate: +12 Profession: +12 Stealth: +4+1d6* | Battery 20/20 | | CONDITIONS none : BUFFS none

    Myr'iad: I'm guessing it's probably not worth getting booted out to sabotage someone else.

    Everyone else: We need one more speed upgrade and then the rest should probably be put into more weapons. We can use up to five weapons; the more shots the better.

    Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

    Lashunta Solarian 3 | SP 21/21 : HP 25/25 : RP 4/4 | EAC 11 : KAC 12 EAC 14 : KAC 15 | F +3 : R +1 : W +2 | Perc. +9 : S.M. +3 : Init. +0 : Move 30' | Ember Doshko +7, 1d8+7F : Tactical Spear +7, 1d6+5P (20 ft) : Solar Weapon +7, 1d6+11 | STR +4 DEX +0 CON +0 INT +1 WIS -1 CHA +3 | Acrobatics: +4 Athletics: +10 Bluff: +7 Computers: +5 Culture: +5 Diplomacy: +7+1d6* Disguise +4 Intimidate: +12 Profession: +12 Stealth: +4+1d6* | Battery 20/20 | | CONDITIONS none : BUFFS none

    Aazanar spends the last while looking for more engine parts to enhance the racer's speed.

    Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

    {Guys... I think this is the air intake we were looking for! Do you think it will fit?} Aazanar broadcasts.

    Okay! Engines are good... we just need more guns!

    Acquisitives

    Android Operative (Ace Pilot) 1 | SP 8/8 HP 10/10 RP 5/5 | EAC 16 KAC 15 | FORT +1, REF +6, WILL +2 | INIT +5 | Perc +5 (LL&DV)

    Yeah, I agree Aazanar, I think Myr will focus on boosting the weapons.

    Round 4

    Engineering: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

    After their failed attempt of sabotage, Myr'iad returns to the group. "We believe it would not be efficient to continue these attempts. We will focus on improving the weapons on our racer." The android stares into the electrical components of the energy weapon for a few moments. 'There! The wiring from the power source is frayed, rerun the wiring and it should boost the energy output.'

    'Yes, we see it now.'

    Myr'iad pulls the wiring and quickly finds some heavier gauge wiring, which would affect the efficiency and power output of the energy weapon on their racer. "Yes, this will do nicely we think."

    Wayfinders

    Neutral | Male Vesk | Solarion (Xenoseeker) 1 | EAC: 16 KAC: 18 vsCM: 26 | SP: 8/8 HP: 8/13 RP: 4/4 | Init: +1 | F:+3 R:+1 W:+2 | Perception 0 | Conditions:

    "You jest with us, Ratrod? It is good you announce your victory for all to see and hear. Although when you lose your head and mangy hide will be worthless as trophies. It would be better to display you in a cage to act as Laboni's mascot. Yes as Laboni's pet would serve you best. Heed my words: VESK DO NOT LOSE."

    sense motive: 1d20 ⇒ 16
    intimidate: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24


    Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

    For a split second, Ratrod appears to be taken aback by your forceful challenge...just long enough for you and probably all onlookers to notice. He then recovers and replies, "Yes, yes, yes...'I'm a vesk and so I'm big and scary!'" Ratrod mockingly lurches around imitating a big brute. "Why don't you just crawl back into your egg and learn some social graces before coming back out! Now get outta here unless you have something to say that actually requires a modicum of intelligence!" Many in the crowd laugh and express obvious distaste for your presence but many also appear to be impressed by your threat.

    You definitely recognize that Ratrod took offense to Laboni challenging his legitimacy and that further trash-talking (as you just did) will almost definitely have an effect on his race performance.

    --------------------------------

    Junk Race Prep - Round 3 Conclusion

    The characters in bold may take their Round 3 action:

    • Sovokolok-Asnari - Ratrod successfully taunted
    • Myr’iad - failed to sabotage Orsis' junkracer
    • Azanar Kroi - increased speed by 5 feet
    • Hirix - increased speed by 5 feet, scouted Orsis' junkracer
    • Brezaki - increased speed by 5 feet
    • Telwyn - improved attack modifier +1

    For your reference, Laboni's junkracer's speed is now above average.

    Laboni's Junkracer, Current Stats:
    Laboni's Junkracer
    Speed 60 ft., full 600 ft.
    EAC 10; KAC 12
    Attack energy weapon (–4 to Piloting) ; kinetic weapon (-4 to Piloting) ; kinetic weapon (-4 to Piloting)
    Modifiers +2 Piloting, –1 attack
    Passengers 1

    --------------------------------

    Junk Race Prep - Round 4

    The characters in bold may take their Round 4 action:

    • Sovokolok-Asnari
    • Azanar Kroi - increased speed by 5 feet
    • Myr’iad - added energy weapon
    • Hirix - increased piloting modifier +1
    • Brezaki - increased KAC +2
    • Telwyn - increased EAC +2

    Laboni's Junkracer, Current Stats:
    Laboni's Junkracer
    Speed 65 ft., full 650 ft.
    EAC 12; KAC 14
    Attack energy weapon (–4 to Piloting) ; kinetic weapon (-4 to Piloting) ; kinetic weapon (-4 to Piloting) ; energy weapon (-4 to Piloting)
    Modifiers +3 Piloting, –1 attack
    Passengers 1

    As we're getting close to the start of the race, the party should decide who'll be the pilot and who will be the gunners.

    Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

    Female Shirren Operative 1 | KAC 15 EAC 14 | HP 12/12 SP 8/8 RP 4/4 | F +2 R +5 W +4 | Init +4 | Perc +7 | Active Status:: -none-

    Hirix takes a seat near Laboni and everyone else finishing up their tasks right before the race starts. She leans back and appraises the surprisingly excellent work done on the racer, which seems juiced for speed and bristling with weapons. She emanates a mental wave of good humor before sending "We got ourselves a riot in a tin can over here. It'll be less a question of who we perforate than who we don't, huh?"

    "I'll take one of the sluggers. Keep Ratrod's rig full of lead. I figure he could use a load of metal weighing him down."

    "What do you think Laboni? We done good by you?"

    Wayfinders

    Neutral | Male Vesk | Solarion (Xenoseeker) 1 | EAC: 16 KAC: 18 vsCM: 26 | SP: 8/8 HP: 8/13 RP: 4/4 | Init: +1 | F:+3 R:+1 W:+2 | Perception 0 | Conditions:

    Sovokolok-Asnari does not move away waiting for the jeering of the crowd to die down somewhat. He steps forward and watches as Ratrod's entourage close ranks to block off Sovokolok-Asnari. The vesk unphased waves them off. "Ysoki look at each face that supports you when you lose to the child you will be the target of their laughter. Laboni 'The Rat Killer' is the name that will be shouted in your ears. I know you cannot let that happen. You would be back working the sewage tunnels that you crawled out of. I do not come to threaten you I come to tell you that you have all to lose and nothing to win in this. You made a fool's wager and from the look of you fool is being kind."

    Intimidate: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25


    Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

    Laboni stares at the junkracer in awe, tears rolling down her face, but this time in joy rather than despair. "I...I can't believe it!! It is AMAZING....toots! She says 'toots' while grinning at Hirix, apparently trying to emulate some of Hirix's vernacular. She looks at the speed modifications and says, "Wow! This wiring work here, that's ingenius! And inverting those parts there to increase fuel flow, I didn't think of that!" She runs her hands over the newly added guns, "And my gods! The weaponry! It's practically a miracle you were able to install this many without REDUCING the racer's speed! This is no longer a junkracer! It's a rapid assault junker!! I mean, it was tough putting this whole thing together from scratch...but you guys truly refined it far beyond what I ever thought possible."

    Then she pauses, her expression displaying a mix of bewilderment and curiosity. "I do have one question though. Ummmm...what purpose do those lights under the carriage of the junkracer shining down onto the ground serve? You know the race takes place during daylight hours...right?"

    --------------

    Meanwhile, back at Ratrod's pit area....

    The crowd quiets down, smiles erased, the festive mood gone as Sovokolok-Asnari's words ring in everyone's ears. Visibly shaken, Ratrod responds with his hands up, "Okay, okay! Laboni started this b-but we'll see how it finishes on the racetrack. M-may we f-finish our work now?"

    Acquisitives

    SP 15/15 | HP 22/22 | RP 5/6 | Detect Thoughts SLA 0/1 | EAC 19, KAC 19, CMD 27 | F+2, R+8, W+3 | Init +7, Perc +10 | Damaya Lashunta Operative 3

    "Those lights are style points, hun... The crowd will eat that stuff up!"

    Telwyn telepathically senses a sudden change in mood of the crowds around them and looks over at the rat barely keeping himself unshaken and unsoiled, and sees the now familiar towering figure looming.

    She sends to Sovokolok telepathically Nice work big guy! The little rodent is quaking even more than he appears.

    Does this gunnery check use piloting ranks if that's higher than BAB? I think that's how it would work in starship combat if its supposed to be the same, so like level 1 Telwyn has +4 DEX and 0 BAB, but 1 rank in piloting, so her gunnery is +5 before outside bonuses?

    To the whole group when they assemble, Telwyn chimes in on the crew selection.
    "Myr, can you... guys... take the piloting controls? I think I can handle one of these guns as well as anyone."

    Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

    Init +0 Per +7, LLV | Speed 20 SP 7 | HP 12 | RP 4 EAC 13 KAC 16 | SVs Fort +1/ Ref +0/ Will +5

    "I'm kind of a big klutz. I'll just hang back and provide morale support."

    Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

    Female Shirren Operative 1 | KAC 15 EAC 14 | HP 12/12 SP 8/8 RP 4/4 | F +2 R +5 W +4 | Init +4 | Perc +7 | Active Status:: -none-

    "Good to hear, doll." Hirix pats the young mechanic on the back, amused by her attempt at imitation. "But a sharper's gotta wonder, how DID we get all those guns on there without making the rig all slow?" She shakes her head in confusion at the contradictions in the final product.

    Before Sovokolok comes back she sends "Glad Souvlaki kept himself occupied. Just got to hope he didn't get 'em all fired up to bump off Laboni... or us."


    Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

    Telwyn, after reviewing the rules, it appears this combat does not use piloting in place of BAB. The attack rolls are calculated as 1d20 + BAB + DEX modifier + vehicle modifier - penalty from getting hit by other junkracers' weapons.

    Acquisitives

    SP 15/15 | HP 22/22 | RP 5/6 | Detect Thoughts SLA 0/1 | EAC 19, KAC 19, CMD 27 | F+2, R+8, W+3 | Init +7, Perc +10 | Damaya Lashunta Operative 3

    OK thanks for checking

    Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

    Lashunta Solarian 3 | SP 21/21 : HP 25/25 : RP 4/4 | EAC 11 : KAC 12 EAC 14 : KAC 15 | F +3 : R +1 : W +2 | Perc. +9 : S.M. +3 : Init. +0 : Move 30' | Ember Doshko +7, 1d8+7F : Tactical Spear +7, 1d6+5P (20 ft) : Solar Weapon +7, 1d6+11 | STR +4 DEX +0 CON +0 INT +1 WIS -1 CHA +3 | Acrobatics: +4 Athletics: +10 Bluff: +7 Computers: +5 Culture: +5 Diplomacy: +7+1d6* Disguise +4 Intimidate: +12 Profession: +12 Stealth: +4+1d6* | Battery 20/20 | | CONDITIONS none : BUFFS none

    GM:
    GM bigboom wrote:
    Telwyn, after reviewing the rules, it appears this combat does not use piloting in place of BAB. The attack rolls are calculated as 1d20 + BAB + DEX modifier + vehicle modifier - penalty from getting hit by other junkracers' weapons.

    I am actually running this adventure in another thread. If you read "Phase One" on page 8, you will see that attacks are not penalized by the the piloting penalty imposed by getting hit.

    This way you don't have to track initiative. If Piloting penalties affected attacks, then it would be important who gets to shoot first, since a hit would give a penalty to the counterattack. But instead there is no initiative; you just roll all the attacks and then the penalties are imposed in Phase Two.

    Aazanar looks over the finished racer.

    {I'm no engineer, but she looks ready to me,} he broadcasts.


    Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

    Telwyn, oops, I stated the attack roll incorrectly. The penalty from getting hit is for piloting, not attacking. So the rolls are:

    • Guns: 1d20 + BAB + DEX mod + vehicle mod
    • Piloting: 1d20 + Piloting skill + vehicle mod - penalties from getting hit by any guns

    Okay, so if I'm reading the comments correctly, Myr'iad will pilot and everyone else except Bonesaw will be gunners. Let me know if this is incorrect.

    Once Sovokolok-Asnari has completed his fourth action, we can begin the race. In the meantime, feel free to banter!

    Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

    Init +0 Per +7, LLV | Speed 20 SP 7 | HP 12 | RP 4 EAC 13 KAC 16 | SVs Fort +1/ Ref +0/ Will +5

    Yeah, that's correct on my end. I'll keep my eye on the PbP and try to throw out some banter now and then, but as far as shooting, Brezaki has 10 DEX and no BAB yet, so someone else should do that.

    Wayfinders

    Neutral | Male Vesk | Solarion (Xenoseeker) 1 | EAC: 16 KAC: 18 vsCM: 26 | SP: 8/8 HP: 8/13 RP: 4/4 | Init: +1 | F:+3 R:+1 W:+2 | Perception 0 | Conditions:

    Perception: increase EAC: 1d20 ⇒ 3
    Heading back to Laboni's set up area the vesk decides to keep an eye out for any carbon shielding that could be attached to the racer.
    Finding nothung that catches his eye he enters the staging area.

    "I am ready.Let us crush the ysoki and raise up a new champion."

    Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

    Lashunta Solarian 3 | SP 21/21 : HP 25/25 : RP 4/4 | EAC 11 : KAC 12 EAC 14 : KAC 15 | F +3 : R +1 : W +2 | Perc. +9 : S.M. +3 : Init. +0 : Move 30' | Ember Doshko +7, 1d8+7F : Tactical Spear +7, 1d6+5P (20 ft) : Solar Weapon +7, 1d6+11 | STR +4 DEX +0 CON +0 INT +1 WIS -1 CHA +3 | Acrobatics: +4 Athletics: +10 Bluff: +7 Computers: +5 Culture: +5 Diplomacy: +7+1d6* Disguise +4 Intimidate: +12 Profession: +12 Stealth: +4+1d6* | Battery 20/20 | | CONDITIONS none : BUFFS none

    What are the final stats of our racer?


    Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

    Junk Race Prep - Round 4 Conclusion

  • Sovokolok-Asnari - attempted to improve EAC
  • Azanar Kroi - increased speed by 5 feet
  • Myr’iad - added energy weapon
  • Hirix - increased piloting modifier +1
  • Brezaki - increased KAC +2
  • Telwyn - increased EAC +2[/list]

    Laboni's Junkracer
    Speed 65 ft., full 650 ft.
    EAC 12; KAC 14
    Attack energy weapon (–4 to Piloting) ; kinetic weapon (-4 to Piloting) ; kinetic weapon (-4 to Piloting) ; energy weapon (-4 to Piloting)
    Modifiers +3 Piloting, –1 attack
    Passengers 1

    --------------------------------

    "With Ratrod quaking in his boots, this fully loaded junkracer to leave the competition behind, and stylish ground effect lights to win over the crowd, we can't lose this....right?!?!" Laboni is in better spirits than you've seen her yet. "I've got a really good feeling about this!"

    The signal goes up, informing the racers to line up at the starting line. All six racers line up, looking left and right at each other. Ratrod throws especially venomous looks at Laboni while Laboni stares straight ahead and gulps, hoping beyond hope that she performed enough testing on the remote control apparatus that allows your party to control the junkracer for her.

    The crowd is chanting, "RAT-ROD! RAT-ROD! RAT-ROD!"

    All of you get into position where you have a good view of the track and settle in with your remote controls.

    The start signal lights up...YELLOW....YELLOW....YELLOW.....GREEN!! And the junkracers roar off the starting line!!!

    --------------------------------

    The Race - Round 1 Start

    The characters in bold may provide their respective actions:

    • Azanar Kroi: Select energy or kinetic weapon, specify target and roll ranged attack
    • Telwyn: Select energy or kinetic weapon, specify target and roll ranged attack
    • Hirix: Select energy or kinetic weapon, specify target and roll ranged attack
    • Sovokolok-Asnari: Select energy or kinetic weapon, specify target and roll ranged attack
    • Myr’iad: Roll piloting + 3 vehicle modifier

    Ranged attack rolls: 1d20 + BAB + DEX mod -1 vehicle mod

    Racer Standings

    • Lemgem: 0 ft
    • Nyizin: 0 ft
    • Orsis: 0 ft
    • Ratrod: 0 ft
    • Velocity: 0 ft
    • Laboni: 0 ft

  • Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

    Lashunta Solarian 3 | SP 21/21 : HP 25/25 : RP 4/4 | EAC 11 : KAC 12 EAC 14 : KAC 15 | F +3 : R +1 : W +2 | Perc. +9 : S.M. +3 : Init. +0 : Move 30' | Ember Doshko +7, 1d8+7F : Tactical Spear +7, 1d6+5P (20 ft) : Solar Weapon +7, 1d6+11 | STR +4 DEX +0 CON +0 INT +1 WIS -1 CHA +3 | Acrobatics: +4 Athletics: +10 Bluff: +7 Computers: +5 Culture: +5 Diplomacy: +7+1d6* Disguise +4 Intimidate: +12 Profession: +12 Stealth: +4+1d6* | Battery 20/20 | | CONDITIONS none : BUFFS none

    Since I will have a +0 to hit, I will wait for the better gunners to choose their weapons first and I will take what is left.

    {Remember,} Aazanar broadcasts to the other gunners. {Don't hit Ratrod with energy weapons! It speeds him up!}

    Wayfinders

    Neutral | Male Vesk | Solarion (Xenoseeker) 1 | EAC: 16 KAC: 18 vsCM: 26 | SP: 8/8 HP: 8/13 RP: 4/4 | Init: +1 | F:+3 R:+1 W:+2 | Perception 0 | Conditions:

    Sovokolok-Asnari immediately takes control of the gatling gun and gets ready to unload a hundred rounds of shrapnel in Ratrod's direction!

    will take one of the kinetic guns

    Acquisitives

    SP 15/15 | HP 22/22 | RP 5/6 | Detect Thoughts SLA 0/1 | EAC 19, KAC 19, CMD 27 | F+2, R+8, W+3 | Init +7, Perc +10 | Damaya Lashunta Operative 3

    Telwyn takes up the other kinetic weapon, a light magnetic rail gun.

    "This won't throw out as many shots as that wild thing, but should pack a mean punch."


    Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

    Also, specify a target and give me your attack roll

    Acquisitives

    SP 15/15 | HP 22/22 | RP 5/6 | Detect Thoughts SLA 0/1 | EAC 19, KAC 19, CMD 27 | F+2, R+8, W+3 | Init +7, Perc +10 | Damaya Lashunta Operative 3

    Telwyn will take the first shot at Ratrod:

    Kinetic Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

    "Nailed it!"

    Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

    Lashunta Solarian 3 | SP 21/21 : HP 25/25 : RP 4/4 | EAC 11 : KAC 12 EAC 14 : KAC 15 | F +3 : R +1 : W +2 | Perc. +9 : S.M. +3 : Init. +0 : Move 30' | Ember Doshko +7, 1d8+7F : Tactical Spear +7, 1d6+5P (20 ft) : Solar Weapon +7, 1d6+11 | STR +4 DEX +0 CON +0 INT +1 WIS -1 CHA +3 | Acrobatics: +4 Athletics: +10 Bluff: +7 Computers: +5 Culture: +5 Diplomacy: +7+1d6* Disguise +4 Intimidate: +12 Profession: +12 Stealth: +4+1d6* | Battery 20/20 | | CONDITIONS none : BUFFS none

    Aazanar takes the controls on one of the energy weapons, and targets Orsis.

    Energy +1 BAB -1 Modifier: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19

    "Hah! Take that!" he shouts.

    51 to 100 of 344 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [SFS] 1-01 The Commencement - GM bigboom Gameplay All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.