PbP Gameday VII - #8-19 Treacherous Waves - GM NOWRUZ (Inactive)

Game Master noral

Start Aug 13

MAPS AND HANDOUTS


301 to 350 of 365 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Scarab Sages

M Nagaji Bard (Archaeologist)-2/Oracle (Seeker)-1 | HP 21/21 | AC20 T14 FF16* | F+2 R+8 W+6 CMD16 | Init+2 Perception+8 /+9v.traps, low-light vision | *Uncanny dodge | Luck: 7/8 | Active effects:luck

Seth tries to follows Gurkagh's idea, although perhaps without the brute force aspect.
swift activate luck, move, disable
disable device: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
and I roll a 3...sigh

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Agender Popobala Metamorph 5 | HP 1/33/38 | AC 21, T 12, FF 19 | F +8, R +9, W +5 | Shapechange 0/2 | Mercurial Oil 6/7

Seizing on Seth's work, Shabah quickly begins the task of rendering Tsomo's craft inoperable.

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31


The Pathfinders use engineering talent brute force and a knack for technology to hinder Tsomo from escaping any further!


Food Stalls

Merchants bustle about this delicious-smelling section of the market. Large fish eagerly swim near the surface, hoping for a dropped morsel.

The PCs tail Tsomo into the savory sights and smells of the bazaar’s dining area.

A PC can identify painfully hot seasonings with an Appraise check and dump the spices into the water to aggravate Tsomo’s vision, succeed at a Dexterity check to snatch food and fling it into the water to provoke a feeding frenzy, or attempt a Bluff check to convince an angry merchant that Tsomo shoplifted something as he fled, causing the merchant to join the pursuit.

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 30/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+5 R+3 W+6 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

dex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Umberto clumsily tries to grab food but trips over his own boots.

The Exchange

Agender Popobala Metamorph 5 | HP 1/33/38 | AC 21, T 12, FF 19 | F +8, R +9, W +5 | Shapechange 0/2 | Mercurial Oil 6/7

"You cannot allow this thief to escape! Aid us or see this market devolve to lawlessness!"

Bluff: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

Scarab Sages

M Oread Unchained Barbarian 4 Oracle 2 init+3 HP:55/55 AC:21 CMD:19 TAC:12 FFAC:21

Dooain tries to snatch a bowl of steak tar tar and throw it into the water, but knocks it to the ground instead.

dex check: 1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 - 2 = 2
"Ummmm sorry"

Scarab Sages

M Nagaji Bard (Archaeologist)-2/Oracle (Seeker)-1 | HP 21/21 | AC20 T14 FF16* | F+2 R+8 W+6 CMD16 | Init+2 Perception+8 /+9v.traps, low-light vision | *Uncanny dodge | Luck: 7/8 | Active effects:luck

Seth pipes up as well. "Yes, there he goes, don't let him get away!"
bluff: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18


Can someone please bot Gurkagh?

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 30/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+5 R+3 W+6 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

Gurkagh joins in the food flinging.

dex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13


Both Seth and Shabah can really aggravate Tsomo’s vision by choosing the right spices to throw in the water but nonetheless he can advance slightly.


Smoke on the Water

With his pursuers closing in, Tsomo begins throwing his remaining grenades at the PCs as he sprints for the docks.

Tsomo is throwing grenades that produce fiery explosions even underwater. Like most grenades, they do not explode immediately. There are civilians nearby.

PCs can attempt a combat maneuver to knock one of his bombs back at him and force him to dodge or an Acrobatics check to snatch a bomb out of mid-air and throw it at the malenti; alternatively, or the PCs can fire back with their own ranged attacks.

PCs can help civilians get clear of the flames with Constitution check or by casting any cold spell of 1st level or higher, but this action does not slow Tsomo’s movement.

The Exchange

Agender Popobala Metamorph 5 | HP 1/33/38 | AC 21, T 12, FF 19 | F +8, R +9, W +5 | Shapechange 0/2 | Mercurial Oil 6/7

"Hat!"

Shabah gives a sharp cry as they seek to bat back the grenades.

CMB: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

Grand Lodge

Male CG Human (Kellid) Shaman 8 | HP 52/60 | AC 19 T 13 FF 17 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +10 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +6 | Speed 20ft |Tree Limb 4/4, Spirit Ridden 0/1, Powerful Smash 4/4 |Spells: 1st 3/5, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 3/4, 4th 1/2 | Active conditions: 1 Str Drain (Poison), Bless, Thorn Body

Gurkagh tries to grab a grenade and hurl it back!

CMB: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 30/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+5 R+3 W+6 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

Umberto will imbue his attempt at bomb returning with a surge of strength.

Minor blessing, swift action, Strength Surge: +2 to Strength-based checks.

CMB, Divine Favor, Strength Surge: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25

Scarab Sages

M Nagaji Bard (Archaeologist)-2/Oracle (Seeker)-1 | HP 21/21 | AC20 T14 FF16* | F+2 R+8 W+6 CMD16 | Init+2 Perception+8 /+9v.traps, low-light vision | *Uncanny dodge | Luck: 7/8 | Active effects:luck

Seth takes a moment when Tsomo pauses to line up a shot with his bow.
bow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 30/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+5 R+3 W+6 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

decent round this time!


You are hitting Tsomo hard! Good!


ON THE SCENT OF BLOOD

The party finally backs Tsomo into a corner from which there is no escape! Indeed, it looked like he had signaled to back up, but you were too quick and two thugs run off into the crowd.

Tsomo finds himself on a dock, surrounded by sharks, and with no path left but to fight his way through you. The water below is calm, but the sharks are clearly hungry.

"BLASTED PATHFINDERS! You stupid air breathers will pay. I WILL destroy this city!"

Scarab Sages

M Oread Unchained Barbarian 4 Oracle 2 init+3 HP:55/55 AC:21 CMD:19 TAC:12 FFAC:21

Dooain tries to get the crowd our of the way for their own good.
constitution check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
"EVERYBODY MOOOVE!"
He then continues on with the rest of the party.


Initiative

Ini(Dooain): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Ini(Umberto): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Ini(Shabah): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Ini(Gyrand): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Ini(Seth): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Ini(Gurkagh): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

Ini(Tsomo): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Ini(Sharks): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

* * *

ROUND 1

1. Sharks

The Sharks seems to have been directed somehow as they clearly are moving in your direction.

2. Gurkagh -> GO!
3. Tsomo
4. Seth, Gyrand, Shabah, Umberto, Dooain

* * *

BATTLE wrote:

#Tsomo: 0 Damage

#Shark (yellow): 0 Damage
#Shark (green): 0 Damage
#Shark (pink): 0 Damage

Gurkagh:
Dooain:
Umberto:
Shabah:
Seth:
Gyrand:

Grand Lodge

Male CG Human (Kellid) Shaman 8 | HP 52/60 | AC 19 T 13 FF 17 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +10 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +6 | Speed 20ft |Tree Limb 4/4, Spirit Ridden 0/1, Powerful Smash 4/4 |Spells: 1st 3/5, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 3/4, 4th 1/2 | Active conditions: 1 Str Drain (Poison), Bless, Thorn Body

Gurkagh moves to edge and says "Nice sharkies--we all friends, yes?"

Casting Calm Animals. This will only affect the two nearest ones (the third is *just* out of reach). The maximum number of HD I can affect is 2d4+5. They also get a Will saving throw vs. DC 14.

HD Affected: 2d4 + 5 ⇒ (3, 4) + 5 = 12


Will save: 1d20 ⇒ 111d20 ⇒ 3

Gurkagh immediately feels that both animals calm down!


ROUND 1

1. Sharks

2. Gurkagh
3. Tsomo

Tsomo activates a grenade and throws it at you!

Touch attack Grenade: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

See red box with G which represents the grenade!

4. Seth, Gyrand, Shabah, Umberto, Dooain -> GO!

* * *

BATTLE wrote:

#Tsomo: 0 Damage

#Shark (yellow): 0 Damage, calm
#Shark (green): 0 Damage, calm
#Shark (pink): 0 Damage

Gurkagh:
Dooain:
Umberto:
Shabah:
Seth:
Gyrand:

Scarab Sages

M Nagaji Bard (Archaeologist)-2/Oracle (Seeker)-1 | HP 21/21 | AC20 T14 FF16* | F+2 R+8 W+6 CMD16 | Init+2 Perception+8 /+9v.traps, low-light vision | *Uncanny dodge | Luck: 7/8 | Active effects:luck

Since he still has his bow out, Seth nocks another arrow and fires.
bow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
crit: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 crit damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (2, 3) + 4 = 9

should we be trying to disarm that grenade?

Grand Lodge

TChains Maps | Character Details |

I'm going after him. Someone take care of this bomb! Umberto darts after Tsomo.

double move.

Scarab Sages

M Oread Unchained Barbarian 4 Oracle 2 init+3 HP:55/55 AC:21 CMD:19 TAC:12 FFAC:21

Can I knock it into the water with the side of my axe? Croquet time!


AC 10 to hit the grenade and then AC 10 to hit the water?!?

Scarab Sages

M Oread Unchained Barbarian 4 Oracle 2 init+3 HP:55/55 AC:21 CMD:19 TAC:12 FFAC:21

[ooc] sounds fair to me[ooc]
Dooain swings his dwarvan war ax trying to smack the grenade with the flat.
attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21
knocking it into the water towards yellow shark
ranged attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

The Exchange

Agender Popobala Metamorph 5 | HP 1/33/38 | AC 21, T 12, FF 19 | F +8, R +9, W +5 | Shapechange 0/2 | Mercurial Oil 6/7

Shabah rushes forward, blade bared in an obvious threat. "Your schemes are at an end, Tsomo. Come quietly and you may find a gentler end."


The grenade is thrown into the water but has not exploded yet.

ROUND 2

1. Sharks

The two sharks are still calm and the other shark stays where it is waiting for something.

2. Gurkagh -> GO!

3. Tsomo

4. Seth, Gyrand, Shabah, Umberto, Dooain

* * *

BATTLE wrote:

#Tsomo: 0 Damage

#Shark (yellow): 0 Damage, calm
#Shark (green): 0 Damage, calm
#Shark (pink): 0 Damage

Gurkagh:
Dooain:
Umberto:
Shabah:
Seth:
Gyrand:

Grand Lodge

Male CG Human (Kellid) Shaman 8 | HP 52/60 | AC 19 T 13 FF 17 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +10 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +6 | Speed 20ft |Tree Limb 4/4, Spirit Ridden 0/1, Powerful Smash 4/4 |Spells: 1st 3/5, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 3/4, 4th 1/2 | Active conditions: 1 Str Drain (Poison), Bless, Thorn Body

Gurkagh moves around to the other side, just in case Tsomo tries to make a run for it.


Tsomo sees Shabah ... he makes a step back and attacks with his ranseur that has reach.

Ranseur: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20 AC 21 or 19 currently? :-)

Ranseur: 2d4 + 7 ⇒ (3, 3) + 7 = 13

Grenade exploding? 1=Yes: 1d3 ⇒ 1

4d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 5, 4) = 141d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

The grenade explodes! The pink shark is clearly hurt by flames even in the water ... this surely was ironflame!


ROUND 2

1. Sharks
2. Gurkagh
3. Tsomo
4. Seth, Gyrand, Shabah, Umberto, Dooain -> GO!

* * *

BATTLE wrote:

#Tsomo: 0 Damage

#Shark (yellow): 0 Damage, calm
#Shark (green): 0 Damage, calm
#Shark (pink): 7 Damage

Gurkagh:
Dooain:
Umberto:
Shabah:
Seth:
Gyrand:

Scarab Sages

M Oread Unchained Barbarian 4 Oracle 2 init+3 HP:55/55 AC:21 CMD:19 TAC:12 FFAC:21

Dooain hustles over toward Tsomo, stopping just at the edge of his reach.

Scarab Sages

M Nagaji Bard (Archaeologist)-2/Oracle (Seeker)-1 | HP 21/21 | AC20 T14 FF16* | F+2 R+8 W+6 CMD16 | Init+2 Perception+8 /+9v.traps, low-light vision | *Uncanny dodge | Luck: 7/8 | Active effects:luck

Seth moves forward and tries to get another shot off at Tsomo, but it's a more difficult shot with his allies in the way.
swift activate luck, move, shoot
bow: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 5 - 4 = 15 damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 30/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+5 R+3 W+6 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

Umberto gets close and cast spell to aid the party. Cayden Cailean shower us with with your glory!!

Move and cast Bless.

Scarab Sages

M Nagaji Bard (Archaeologist)-2/Oracle (Seeker)-1 | HP 21/21 | AC20 T14 FF16* | F+2 R+8 W+6 CMD16 | Init+2 Perception+8 /+9v.traps, low-light vision | *Uncanny dodge | Luck: 7/8 | Active effects:luck

does mead rain from the sky with that blessing?

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 30/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+5 R+3 W+6 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

There's always a chance it will!

The Exchange

Agender Popobala Metamorph 5 | HP 1/33/38 | AC 21, T 12, FF 19 | F +8, R +9, W +5 | Shapechange 0/2 | Mercurial Oil 6/7

21 :)

Shabah slides closer to the saboteur, foregoing their blade for claws and fangs!

Bite (PA, Bless): 1d20 + 10 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 10 - 1 + 1 = 24
Damage: 8 + 7 + 3 = 18
Claw (PA, Bless): 1d20 + 10 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 10 - 1 + 1 = 21
Damage: 6 + 7 + 3 = 16
Claw (PA, Bless): 1d20 + 10 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 10 - 1 + 1 = 17
Damage: 6 + 7 + 3 = 16

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 30/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+5 R+3 W+6 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

oh, oh dear.


The arrow does not hit but Shabah tears into Tsomo with a bite and a claw.

The hurt shark goes into a blood frenzy but he sees nobody to attack.

”Gurkagh go!“

Grand Lodge

Male CG Human (Kellid) Shaman 8 | HP 52/60 | AC 19 T 13 FF 17 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +10 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +6 | Speed 20ft |Tree Limb 4/4, Spirit Ridden 0/1, Powerful Smash 4/4 |Spells: 1st 3/5, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 3/4, 4th 1/2 | Active conditions: 1 Str Drain (Poison), Bless, Thorn Body

The situation with Tsomo looks to be well in hand, so Gurkagh moves around the left side of the tank to get closer to the shark he hasn't yet befriended.


Shabah, only the bite hit! His AC is 22.

Tsomo is truly intimidated by Shabah ... he makes a step back and again attacks with his ranseur that has reach but he does not hit.

Ranseur: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

Ranseur: 2d4 + 7 ⇒ (4, 3) + 7 = 14


ROUND 3

1. Sharks
2. Gurkagh
3. Tsomo
4. Seth, Gyrand, Shabah, Umberto, Dooain -> GO!

* * *

BATTLE wrote:

#Tsomo: 18 Damage

#Shark (yellow): 0 Damage, calm
#Shark (green): 0 Damage, calm
#Shark (pink): 7 Damage

Gurkagh:
Dooain:
Umberto:
Shabah:
Seth:
Gyrand:

Scarab Sages

M Oread Unchained Barbarian 4 Oracle 2 init+3 HP:55/55 AC:21 CMD:19 TAC:12 FFAC:21

Dooain steps up, enters knockdown stance and brings his waraxe sweeping towards Tsomo.
knockdown stance trip attempt: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16

Surrender and you may find mercy!


Tsomos spits on the floor.

"Surrender? I want to see you air breathers die! You filthy sc*** deserve no better!" Tsomo shouts.

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 30/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+5 R+3 W+6 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

Umberto swiftly casts a spell on himself and approaches to try to encircle Tsomo. Now that's, no way to treat a guest.

swift cast Protection from Evil. AC 21 if he's evil. move, understand i'll provoke. and attack

light mace, DF: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


Tsomo is now in a blood frenzy due to the wounds he suffers.

Tsomo thrusts to hurt Umberto as he approaches and his Ranseur pierces Umberto's abdomen ... crimson everywhere!

Ranseur: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22

Ranseur: 2d4 + 8 ⇒ (1, 4) + 8 = 13


ROUND 3

1. Sharks
2. Gurkagh
3. Tsomo
4. Umberto, Dooain, Seth, Shabah -> GO!

* * *

BATTLE wrote:

#Tsomo: 18 Damage

#Shark (yellow): 0 Damage, calm
#Shark (green): 0 Damage, calm
#Shark (pink): 7 Damage

Gurkagh:
Dooain:
Umberto: 7/21
Shabah:
Seth:

301 to 350 of 365 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PbP Gameday VII - #8-19 Treacherous Waves - GM NOWRUZ All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.