PbP Gameday VII - #8-19 Treacherous Waves - GM NOWRUZ (Inactive)

Game Master noral

Start Aug 13

MAPS AND HANDOUTS


51 to 100 of 365 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Scarab Sages

M Oread Unchained Barbarian 4 Oracle 2 init+3 HP:55/55 AC:21 CMD:19 TAC:12 FFAC:21

heal aid: 1d20 ⇒ 13
Diplo Aid: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
"Yes we heard about the unfortunate affect it had on your animals. I have a number of alchemical medicinal on hand as well as some connection to divine healing if I can be of assistance."

The Exchange

Agender Sandkin Metamorph 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 19(21), T 12, FF 14(16) | F +8, R +9, W +5 | Shapechanger 2/2

Heal (Dooain's aid): 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 1 + 2 = 20

Shabah carefully studies the sharks, but their weakness is plain to see. Were it not for Honoke's efforts, the sharks would never move fast enough to breathe through their gills. The giant too seems to be afflicted, despite his great efforts, one of his stature should be capable of more.

Diplomacy (Dooain's aid): 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 8 + 2 = 29

"Please, any information you impart to us could help us save others from similar fates. It might even help us in finding some sort of remedy to these ailments.

"We have heard that this seemed to be an ambush rather than mere happenstance. Does that match with your understanding?"


Honoke floats nearer towards you and you see that you have made a positive impression.

Shabah Al'Quna recognizes that with a little administration, the sharks (and Honoke) can be treated.

An additional Heal check, Knowledge (Nature), or Craft (Alchemy) should do provide assistance. You can create your own story how your check translates into support for Honoke.

Honoke looks at you all. Dooain especially grabs the giant's attention. He manages to muster a weak smile. It's obvious that he too is of poor health, but his concern is obviously directed towards his whale sharks.

"If you can help them. Please. Please do."

Grand Lodge

Male CG Human (Kellid) Shaman 8 | HP 52/60 | AC 19 T 13 FF 17 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +10 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +6 | Speed 20ft |Tree Limb 4/4, Spirit Ridden 0/1, Powerful Smash 4/4 |Spells: 1st 3/5, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 3/4, 4th 1/2 | Active conditions: 1 Str Drain (Poison), Bless, Thorn Body

"Gurkagh say Gurkagh help fish! Ha ha, don't bite Gurkagh!" Taking some pungent herbs from under his armpit, he examines the whale sharks and applies whatever treatment seems necessary.

Heal check: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30


Gurkagh succeeds in treating the toxins affecting the whale sharks, much to the relief of the elderly giant.

Honoke thanks Gurkagh with surprising warmth before trying to answer the party's questions.

"The illness was caused by the red algae, which has now settled on our beloved reefs. And, there was a rhythmic clanging shortly before the disaster. I also felt the tide change direction towards the caravan soon after the sound. But I have no idea what caused either of those events."

Perception or Handle Animal, DC 15:

You notice an unusual pattern of notches down one of the whale shark’s fins.

Once someone succeeds at the above check, Linguistics, DC 14:

The notches appear to be some kind of code.

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 30/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+5 R+3 W+6 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Umberto is glad they've made headway with the caravan master. His skills don't help much in the care and feeding of animals, so he'll sit back while the animals are tended to.

Scarab Sages

M Oread Unchained Barbarian 4 Oracle 2 init+3 HP:55/55 AC:21 CMD:19 TAC:12 FFAC:21

handle animal: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
"Hmm, that's not natural. Look at these notches on the fins. Those some kind of marking system? Like a brand or a tag?"


Honoke is confused for a moment.

"As I told you, they were poisoned by toxic red algae," Honoke replies, "maybe those are injuries from that event."

He puzzles over the markings on the shark's fin some more, saying, "I had not noticed that, nor do I know what it means. No one has been near the sharks since we returned from Zahra's expedition, but there were many others near them during the expedition, as we were all traveling together."

With a sad shrug, he adds, "Perhaps we could ask the sharks who put the marks there, but I have never learned to speak to them."

Dark Archive

Half-Oc Druid (Lion Shaman) 4 | HP 32/32 | AC 23 TO 14 FF 21 | F +9 R +6 W +9 | CMD 20 | Init +2 | Perc +9 DV
Companion:
HP 22/22 | AC 21 TO 14 FF 17 | F +5 R +8 W +3 Evasion | CMD 19 | Init +4 | Perc +6 LLV Scent

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

Lyrio approaches, with curiosity, then finally speaks.

Linguistics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

These notches, actually, appear to be some sort of code. - the druid says, thinking about the languages he studied - Maybe even some sort of language. Or tagging, like you said.


Again, Honoke seems confused. "I cannot help you anymore. But come back if you need anything. Your support is greatly appreciated." he says and sinks into the water again.

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 30/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+5 R+3 W+6 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

sense motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Umberto tries to discern if Honoke knew about the markings or not. Perhaps to no avail.


Umberto has the feeling that he had no idea.

DC 20 Sense Motive:

You have the feeling that Honoke is sincere.

The Exchange

Agender Sandkin Metamorph 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 19(21), T 12, FF 14(16) | F +8, R +9, W +5 | Shapechanger 2/2

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

"Mr. Lyrio, some druids of my acquaintance have been able to converse with animals. Do you think it likely these whales might have more to tell us?"

Dark Archive

Half-Oc Druid (Lion Shaman) 4 | HP 32/32 | AC 23 TO 14 FF 21 | F +9 R +6 W +9 | CMD 20 | Init +2 | Perc +9 DV
Companion:
HP 22/22 | AC 21 TO 14 FF 17 | F +5 R +8 W +3 Evasion | CMD 19 | Init +4 | Perc +6 LLV Scent

Unfortunately, it isn't the case with me. - says Lyrio - I can only speak with felines, like Radagosa here.

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 30/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+5 R+3 W+6 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

Cayden, help me. I'm a lump of dirt to these people unless I start showing my value and your graces soon. Umberto offers a prayer to his deity before moving on with the group.


Where to next?

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 30/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+5 R+3 W+6 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

Next on the list?

Tsomo Qorra and the Murajau current-chasers:

Tsomo’s murajau guides were responsible for mapping our route, and must be double-checked. Some of them had an unhealthy interest in the shell settlement and under the circumstances this is suspicious. It is also possible Tsomo failed to keep his maps up to date. As the Plane of Water is always shifting due to the tides, current-chasers are meant to keep track of these changes, but I have known things to slip past them.


Honoke bids the Pathfinders farewell, and turns to resting contentedly in the water with his whale sharks, now restored to health.

Using directions provided by Zahra, the party finds their way to the offices of Tsomo Qorra. Inside, there are four murajaus, in appearance much like a centaur but with the lower body replaced by a huge hermit crab’s form.

The murajaus are working diligently, making notes on large maps pinned to the walls and spread over work tables, while one of them holds a tank with a small bamboo shark in it.

A harried-looking assistant, a blue-skinned aquatic elf in dark blue robes with braided green hair that reaches down to the small of his back, can be seen juggling a pile of maps and charts at the far end of the room.

A murajau looks up from her work and says in a tone both friendly and brisk, ”Welcome. I am Chailai, how can I help you?”

Grand Lodge

Male CG Human (Kellid) Shaman 8 | HP 52/60 | AC 19 T 13 FF 17 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +10 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +6 | Speed 20ft |Tree Limb 4/4, Spirit Ridden 0/1, Powerful Smash 4/4 |Spells: 1st 3/5, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 3/4, 4th 1/2 | Active conditions: 1 Str Drain (Poison), Bless, Thorn Body

Sorry guys--my PC can speak with animals but the scene moved on before I realized it would have been useful.

The Exchange

Agender Sandkin Metamorph 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 19(21), T 12, FF 14(16) | F +8, R +9, W +5 | Shapechanger 2/2

Flashback sequence? :p

Scarab Sages

M Nagaji Bard (Archaeologist)-2/Oracle (Seeker)-1 | HP 21/21 | AC20 T14 FF16* | F+2 R+8 W+6 CMD16 | Init+2 Perception+8 /+9v.traps, low-light vision | *Uncanny dodge | Luck: 7/8 | Active effects:luck

i agree, I think you should insert that in there, Gurkagh
"Hello, Chailai. We don't wish to disturb your work too much, but we were wondering if we could speak with someone about Zahra's recent expedition." Seth tries to watch and see if they give any sort of reaction to the mention of the failed expedition (though he's never been particularly good at picking up those sorts of clues).
sense motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 and still isn't
"We won't take up much of your time. We were told that Tsomo Qorra was in charge of mapping the route, yes? Is he(?) available?"
diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23


Gurkagh wrote:
Sorry guys--my PC can speak with animals but the scene moved on before I realized it would have been useful.

No problem. Let us move this little bit in parallel. Gurkagh, please include your char sheet in your profile. Please also tell me how you speak with animals.

Gurkagh speaking with the sharks:

The conversation with the sharks is not easy as they are weak and also afraid. But after a while the whale shark tells you that another type of shark carved the notches into their fins and asked it to find other sharks. The species of shark who did this has arms and legs like you.


Knowledge Nature check

DC 10 +:

Sahuagin are a prosperous and warlike aquatic race, launching constant raids on coastal races and underwater cities. They once had mighty empire on the Plane of Water, but bitter in fighting caused it to crumble.

DC 15 +:

Sahuagin have a strong affinity for sharks, allowing them to telepathically communicate with the creatures.

DC 20 +:

Sahuagin are prone to beneficial mutations, such as four-armed sahuagin or spined sahuagin. Vialesk is known to have a tribe of prehistoric sahuagin among the ranks of its army.

DC 25 +:

Rumors speak of rare sahuagin mutants known as malenti, who are identical in appearance to aquatic elves but share their kinfolk’s bloodthirsty nature.


At Tsomo's office:

"Unfortunately, Tsomo is not here, though you can speak with his assistant," Chailai responds. "But as far as the recent expedition, let me show you on the map." She moves to a map on the wall and points out the plotted route for the expedition, as well as where the algae bloom should have been. "I would add that my people had a great interest in the expedition succeeding and reaching the shell settlement, as there are murajau legends that the shell was once a funeral site for the last followers of Lysianassa. We had hopes of taking a pilgrimage there, should the expedition have succeeded in finding it."


Profession (sailor) or Knowledge (planes), DC 18:

It is as Chailai says, the route should not have passed near the Carmine Scourge if Zahra followed it properly.

Perception, DC 14 :

The bamboo shark in the tank has the same notches in its fins as Honoke's whale sharks.

Scarab Sages

M Oread Unchained Barbarian 4 Oracle 2 init+3 HP:55/55 AC:21 CMD:19 TAC:12 FFAC:21

kn(nature): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

kn(planes): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
perception: 1d20 ⇒ 7

"I'm not much of a navigator, specially in extraplanar travel. Any of you able to make sense of this?"

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 30/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+5 R+3 W+6 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

kn nature: 1d20 ⇒ 3
Not much one for knowing stuff

perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Umberto walks over to the tank with the bamboo shark. Pardon me, Chailai. What are the notches on the fins of this shark here?

Scarab Sages

M Nagaji Bard (Archaeologist)-2/Oracle (Seeker)-1 | HP 21/21 | AC20 T14 FF16* | F+2 R+8 W+6 CMD16 | Init+2 Perception+8 /+9v.traps, low-light vision | *Uncanny dodge | Luck: 7/8 | Active effects:luck

kn(planes): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Looking over the charts, Seth nods. The route looks sound, assuming everything is (or was) where it was supposed to be.
"Are you able to tell us anything else about this shell settlement or Lysianassa's last followers? It sounds intriguing."


Umberto Ricci wrote:
Umberto walks over to the tank with the bamboo shark. Pardon me, Chailai. What are the notches on the fins of this shark here?

”Those marks?” Chailai says, ”All of Tsomo’s sharks have marks like that, in order to prove Tsomo’s ownership.

This one was spotted swimming in the marketplace and we brought it back here.” She pauses thoughtfully and adds,

”I’m sorry, I don’t know why anyone would have wished the expedition to fail.”


Seth Saliss wrote:

"Are you able to tell us anything else about this shell settlement or Lysianassa's last followers? It sounds intriguing."

Chailai also explains the murajaus’ interest in the shell settlement, "Murajau legends tell that the shell was once a funeral site for the last followers of Lysianassa, Empress of the Torrent, long-ago defeated Elemental Lord. I and my fellow murajaus have a strong interest in taking a pilgrimage there." he says with a genuine smile.

Scarab Sages

M Oread Unchained Barbarian 4 Oracle 2 init+3 HP:55/55 AC:21 CMD:19 TAC:12 FFAC:21

"Gurkagh, would you be able to have a word with out little friend in the tank?"

Grand Lodge

Male CG Human (Kellid) Shaman 8 | HP 52/60 | AC 19 T 13 FF 17 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +10 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +6 | Speed 20ft |Tree Limb 4/4, Spirit Ridden 0/1, Powerful Smash 4/4 |Spells: 1st 3/5, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 3/4, 4th 1/2 | Active conditions: 1 Str Drain (Poison), Bless, Thorn Body
GM Nowruz wrote:
Gurkagh wrote:
Sorry guys--my PC can speak with animals but the scene moved on before I realized it would have been useful.

No problem. Let us move this little bit in parallel. Gurkagh, please include your char sheet in your profile. Please also tell me how you speak with animals.

** spoiler omitted **

Okay, I've now placed his stats in his profile--the formatting is a bit rough, but please just let me know if anything isn't clear. I'll get a tagline summary up ASAP. Gurkagh speaks to animals with his Feral Speech hex.

Knowledge (nature) for post above): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9[/ooc]

Grand Lodge

Male CG Human (Kellid) Shaman 8 | HP 52/60 | AC 19 T 13 FF 17 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +10 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +6 | Speed 20ft |Tree Limb 4/4, Spirit Ridden 0/1, Powerful Smash 4/4 |Spells: 1st 3/5, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 3/4, 4th 1/2 | Active conditions: 1 Str Drain (Poison), Bless, Thorn Body
Dooain wrote:
"Gurkagh, would you be able to have a word with our little friend in the tank?"

Gurkagh shrugs. "Last fishies say two-leggeds cut fins. But Gurkagh ask tiny fish in box." He puts his mouth right up against the glass and bellows some weird sounds.

Fish Talk:
"Hi fishie! Me Gurkagh! Sure is wet here! Having good swim? Why in box?"


Gurkagh:

The shark explains that it was released earlier and was on its way to meet with his shark kin outside this urban environment but was retrieved before it could escape.


"Gurkagh say fish say she let go but then not let go and then put in box. Poor fishie!"


Great RP, with that Int some things are truly lost in translation! ;-) So what do you do now?

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 30/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+5 R+3 W+6 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

Do the marks have a pattern of any kind? Umberto asks Chailai about the markings on the shark.


"Well, to be honest I do not know if the patterns have any meaning. I always assumed that they are similar to names but I am not sure." Chailai replies to Umberto.

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 30/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+5 R+3 W+6 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

And the creatures used in the caravan would all be expected to have the same markings? Umberto inquires.

Scarab Sages

M Nagaji Bard (Archaeologist)-2/Oracle (Seeker)-1 | HP 21/21 | AC20 T14 FF16* | F+2 R+8 W+6 CMD16 | Init+2 Perception+8 /+9v.traps, low-light vision | *Uncanny dodge | Luck: 7/8 | Active effects:luck

Hmm, the ability to speak to fish has never seemed so useful.


Chailai thinks for a moment and then looks at Umberto.

"Well, only the sharks belonging to Tsomo’s have marks so none of the others should have those marks."

Scarab Sages

M Oread Unchained Barbarian 4 Oracle 2 init+3 HP:55/55 AC:21 CMD:19 TAC:12 FFAC:21

"I wonder what would happen if we let it go?"

Grand Lodge

Male CG Human (Kellid) Shaman 8 | HP 52/60 | AC 19 T 13 FF 17 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +10 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +6 | Speed 20ft |Tree Limb 4/4, Spirit Ridden 0/1, Powerful Smash 4/4 |Spells: 1st 3/5, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 3/4, 4th 1/2 | Active conditions: 1 Str Drain (Poison), Bless, Thorn Body

Gurkagh looks puzzled. "Gurkagh forget, why we here again? Oh well, birds gotta fly, fish gotta swim, that what Uncle Shimo say!"


"Please refrain from releasing Mr. Tsomo's sharks. We just got this one back!" Chailai says with a stern look on his face.

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 30/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+5 R+3 W+6 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

Umberto makes a note of Tsomo's marks on Honoke's sharks. Tsomo must have had something to do with the diverting of the caravan.

Umberto fills his tankard with a light white wine, being it is still daytime... he thinks.

The Exchange

Agender Sandkin Metamorph 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 19(21), T 12, FF 14(16) | F +8, R +9, W +5 | Shapechanger 2/2

Knowledge (Nature): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 From a million years ago

"Do you have any other ways of contacting Mr. Tsomo?"


"Well, I do not know what business Mr. Tsomo is taking care of and he usually does not inform us or his assistant." Chailai responds.

Please give me a perception and sense motive everyone.

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 30/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+5 R+3 W+6 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
sense motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Grand Lodge

Male CG Human (Kellid) Shaman 8 | HP 52/60 | AC 19 T 13 FF 17 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +10 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +6 | Speed 20ft |Tree Limb 4/4, Spirit Ridden 0/1, Powerful Smash 4/4 |Spells: 1st 3/5, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 3/4, 4th 1/2 | Active conditions: 1 Str Drain (Poison), Bless, Thorn Body

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


You can continue to interact with the NPCs or your colleagues and plan your next step. Just give me these two rolls with your next post.

51 to 100 of 365 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PbP Gameday VII - #8-19 Treacherous Waves - GM NOWRUZ All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.