PbP Gameday VII - #8-19 Treacherous Waves - GM NOWRUZ (Inactive)

Game Master noral

Start Aug 13

MAPS AND HANDOUTS


1 to 50 of 365 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

This mission takes place in Vialesk, the Plane of Water’s largest independent city and a prominent trade hub.

The Pathfinder agent Zahra urgently summons the PCs to the Plane of Water to request their aid investigating a mishap that befell her expedition. She arranges transportation for the PCs to the Plane of water and hires a giant turtle-drawn carriage to take the PCs to the city of Vialesk. A bubble of magically replenishing air encases the carriage, allowing the PCs to survive the journey through the boundless sea.

A broad coral structure dozens of stories tall emerges from the boundless sea. A steady stream of submersibles dock and depart, while dockworkers unload goods and carry them to carefully protected glass tunnels.

Water mephits swim and flit about, surveying the new arrivals. Your turtle-drawn carriage swims up to one of the tunnels. As the carriage’s bubble of air meets the tunnel’s mouth, fresh air flows into the carriage, carrying with it the smell of fish. Within the glass passage, an elf with teal hair, webbed fingers, and gills stares out at the sea.

As the turtles come to a stop, she raises her pale blue hands in an unfamiliar greeting. A golden wayfinder is secured tightly to her wrist, and a pair of long coral daggers is strapped to her back.

“So, she actually did it,” the elf comments, tilting her head and giving a small smirk. “I had heard Zahra was threatening to summon agents to investigate what happened, but I thought it might merely be bluster to save face. Still, whatever cause has brought you here, you are welcome in our city. I am Lileone Blacktide, and I wish you luck, but I warn you that there is no culprit for you to find beyond Zahra herself.”

Scarab Sages

M Nagaji Bard (Archaeologist)-2/Oracle (Seeker)-1 | HP 21/21 | AC20 T14 FF16* | F+2 R+8 W+6 CMD16 | Init+2 Perception+8 /+9v.traps, low-light vision | *Uncanny dodge | Luck: 7/8 | Active effects:luck

Seth has never been to the Plane of Water. It's fairly obvious in the way he constantly looks around, muttering things like, "Fascinating" or "Amazing." When the turtle carriage finally docks, he seems a little sad to leave it behind.
Seth is fairly typical of the nagaji. He's a few inches shy of 6 feet with iridescent green scales. A forked tongue darts out of his mouth from time to time. His eyes have no lid so it's a little hard to tell when he's staring at something. For all that, he's nothing but pleasant along the ride.
Seth bows lightly to the elf. "Perhaps you'd be interested in giving us your version of what happened here. I'm afraid we haven't been given much information as of yet. The more we know, the more we'll be able to help... one way or another."

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 30/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+7 R+5 W+5 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

Upon trans-dimensional transport, Umberto takes in his surroundings and his eyes get real big. Wait. Dispatch said Plane of 'Wine'. Curses that Dreng has it out for me. Umberto passes a hand over his trusty tankard and fills it with a deep red wine. He begins taking some swigs to calm his temper.

Umberto is tall man that could have been an athlete once: broad shoulder, big hands, but some extra weight in the mid-section. He sports a bit of stubble and wears simple robes over chain mail. You catch a holy symbol of a tankard affixed to his mail under the robe.

Let's not rush to conclusions before we've had a chance to investigate. Bias kills the search for truth.

The Exchange

Agender Sandkin Metamorph 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 19(21), T 12, FF 14(16) | F +8, R +9, W +5 | Shapechanger 2/2

Shabah keeps their expression studiously blank, but even so their eyes frequently widen at the strange wonders of the plane.

They're a seemingly shapeless figure in long plain robes, with a clink of armor . Though if they were to stand, their height and build would normally pick them out in a crowd, most of their appearance is carefully bland, though their orcish heritage is plain enough to see inside their hood.

Before meeting Lileone
"I am Shabah Al'Quna of the Susianam. Though I am in service to His Imperial and Royal Majesty the Padishah Emperor Kalish XXII, I take my obligations to the Society equally seriously. I do not know any of you, but I will take great harm to see that you return safely if need be. I hope that I can expect the same of you."

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 30/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+7 R+5 W+5 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none
Shabah Al'Quna wrote:

Shabah keeps their expression studiously blank, but even so their eyes frequently widen at the strange wonders of the plane.

They're a seemingly shapeless figure in long plain robes, with a clink of armor . Though if they were to stand, their height and build would normally pick them out in a crowd, most of their appearance is carefully bland, though their orcish heritage is plain enough to see inside their hood.

Before meeting Lileone
"I am Shabah Al'Quna of the Susianam. Though I am in service to His Imperial and Royal Majesty the Padishah Emperor Kalish XXII, I take my obligations to the Society equally seriously. I do not know any of you, but I will take great harm to see that you return safely if need be. I hope that I can expect the same of you."

You walk amongst the charmed, friend. No harm shall befall us while my tankard holds drink. Cayden Cailean keeps us safe and lucky. But even in those darkest of times, I'll have your back. Umberto gives a reassuring pat on the back and takes a swig of wine.

Scarab Sages

M Nagaji Bard (Archaeologist)-2/Oracle (Seeker)-1 | HP 21/21 | AC20 T14 FF16* | F+2 R+8 W+6 CMD16 | Init+2 Perception+8 /+9v.traps, low-light vision | *Uncanny dodge | Luck: 7/8 | Active effects:luck

Distracted as he was on the ride here, Seth may have forgotten to introduce himself. "And I am Ssseth, Ssshabah. I echo Umberto'sss sssentiment." He lowers his head a couple of inches and sighs. "Sorry," he says. "I lisp a bit when not paying attention."

Scarab Sages

M Oread Unchained Barbarian 4 Oracle 2 init+3 HP:55/55 AC:21 CMD:19 TAC:12 FFAC:21

Dooain seems a bit disoriented after the transition. He speaks in a slow steady voice.
"Mmmmmm, interplanar travel always upsets my digestion ooooo...that's not natural...

he closes his eyes and takes a few deep breaths on the ride over before opening them and glancing out to the endless waters beyond.
"The turtles are actually quiet lovely though..."
On arrival he only nods slightly content to let his fellow pathfinders do the talking. He lists intently to the conversation.

Dark Archive

Male LN Undine Psychic 2/Unchained Monk 1 | HP 13/18 | AC 11 T 10 FF 11 | CMB +4, CMD 14 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +0 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Phrenic Pool 2/2 | Spells: 1st 0/5 | Active conditions:

The tall, blue-skinned undine has been rather quiet for the journey, as if lost in thought. Wearing nothing more than a loin-cloth and carrying only a small bundle wrapped in oiled cloth, he shakes himself free from his reveries long enough to introduces himself. "Fellow Pathfinders, know that my name is Arrius Vext, Emissary of Outsea. Bar one, strangers we are." He nods at Umberto Ricci, both fresh from an adventure in Absalom. "Yet what brings souls together faster than the experience of shared travel in the shadow of adventure? In my brief days with the Society, many wonders have I seen--but none so magnificent as Vialesk!

Dark Archive

Male Human Brawler (Snakebite Striker) 1 | HP 13/13 | AC 20 TO 15 FF 15 | F +4 R +6 W +0 | CMD 18 | Init +6 | Perc +4 DV10 LLV

Well... And I'm Gyrand. I guess we had to introduce ourselves, right?

The Human on the back finally speaks. He could feel on his skin he was the most inexperienced around - yet, he was trying not to show it. His eyes immediately caught Umberto, and the identification was immediate; the smiling warpriest not only was a Human, like him, but also a worshipper of Cayden Cailean.

May your tankards never dry! - he said, greeting Umberto in particular as he pulled his hood out.

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 30/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+7 R+5 W+5 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

Well met, then Gyrand!! And Arrius, good to travel with you again. I suspect you are comfortable in your natural surroundings. Umberto motions to the water around them.

Dark Archive

Male LN Undine Psychic 2/Unchained Monk 1 | HP 13/18 | AC 11 T 10 FF 11 | CMB +4, CMD 14 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +0 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Phrenic Pool 2/2 | Spells: 1st 0/5 | Active conditions:

"Indeed, good Umberto--the opportunity to visit the ancestral home of my kin demonstrates conclusively the unparalleled value of membership in the Pathfinder Society. What dangers may come, never shall I forget the gift I have been given this day! And if the fates be kind, may Outsea profit in the knowledge gained from my excursions.


Seth Saliss wrote:


Seth bows lightly to the elf. "Perhaps you'd be interested in giving us your version of what happened here. I'm afraid we haven't been given much information as of yet. The more we know, the more we'll be able to help... one way or another."

I am starting with some RP and the briefing. We officially start Aug 13.

Lileone nods to Seth and the rest of the group. "A pleasure to meet you."

She looks at Shabah Al'Quna with an amused twist to her lips. "Very well then, Shabah Al'Quna. I can give you an idea of what has occurred recently and why you were requested."

While he doesn't recognize her stature in Vialesk, Arrius Vext senses that the elf bears no ill will to the gathered Pathfinders, but rather is failing to keep her frustration with the topic of conversation from coloring her comments. As the rest of the party exits the carriage, she launches into a detailed explanation.

“A week ago, Zahra set out on an expedition towards a sea of jellyfish known as the Lambent Bloom. She believed she had made an incredible discovery: the remnants of one of the lost elemental lord Lysianassa’s servants, which might still hold a fragment of Lysianassa’s power. I was skeptical of her claims, but I joined her. If there was any chance she was correct, I thought it was worth investigating. I should have thought better of it."

"Not two days into our journey, Zahra steered our caravan too close to a patch of the Carmine Scourge, a poisonous red algae that drifts through the plane on the tides. They say it blooms in places where the elemental lord Kelizandri has passed, and it certainly shares his hunger. It sprung upon our caravan as if drawn by a magnet, sending everything into chaos and killing most of our precious whale sharks. Several members of our expedition are still violently ill, and I only survived myself because I was scouting when the incident occurred. Worse yet, though we managed to escape, the algae clung to us as we fled back to Vialesk. It broke off and settled among the coral reefs, and now the reefs have begun to die."


“Zahra has managed to convince herself some great conspiracy is to blame, rather than her poor navigation decisions and her inability to listen to anyone else. I have no doubt she truly believes she’s innocent; she has always been stubborn and arrogant, and it has always led her into trouble. The Society may have overlooked her errors in the past due to her superb mind and her talent for damage control, but this time, I will not allow them to slide. I warned her that the waters ahead didn’t seem right to me, but she couldn’t be troubled to listen. She has no excuse for the damage she has done and I will see to it that she is held accountable for her negligence. I look forward to your attempts to prove me wrong.”

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 30/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+7 R+5 W+5 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

Umberto strokes the scruff of his beard. Zeal? Negligence? Sabotage? We'll need to dig deep to understand Zahra's motivations. While her exuberance may have been the cause for the accident we will execute a full investigation to see if there is anything untoward, as you say. Given the environs and the threat of poisons, there are a number of preparations and gear we'll need.


"My apologies, Umberto ..." Lileone offers, "...but you would be better asking Zahra for such preparations and gear that you will need."

Grand Lodge

TChains Maps | Character Details |

Of course, of course. Thank you for your context. Umberto takes another sip of wine from his tankard.

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 30/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+7 R+5 W+5 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

Sorry posted from wrong alias :)

Scarab Sages

M Nagaji Bard (Archaeologist)-2/Oracle (Seeker)-1 | HP 21/21 | AC20 T14 FF16* | F+2 R+8 W+6 CMD16 | Init+2 Perception+8 /+9v.traps, low-light vision | *Uncanny dodge | Luck: 7/8 | Active effects:luck

"We are sorry to hear that the losses from this expedition have been so profound. We will do our best to investigate as quickly and thoroughly as possible. Where might we find Zahra?"


"Enough then. I shall take you to her and you can ask her yourself." She breaks off sharply.

"If you will all follow me, I shall take you to her." the elf answers. "She dwells in the air district of the city, as most non-natives do."

If anyone wishes to roll a Diplomacy check to improve her attitude, please do so. We will move on to the meeting with Zahra after that.

Scarab Sages

M Nagaji Bard (Archaeologist)-2/Oracle (Seeker)-1 | HP 21/21 | AC20 T14 FF16* | F+2 R+8 W+6 CMD16 | Init+2 Perception+8 /+9v.traps, low-light vision | *Uncanny dodge | Luck: 7/8 | Active effects:luck

swift action to activate archaeologist's luck
diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
"Our apologies if we have offended you, Lileone. We recognize how difficult this is. Thank you for taking the time to meet us and get us where we need to go."

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 30/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+7 R+5 W+5 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

Thank you, plenty. You have our committment to expediency and honesty. Umberto gives a small bow.

diplo aid: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Lileone smiles at Seth.

"You are trying to do your job. Please understand that I am doing mine. If you need anything that relates to city security then come to me - I might be able to help."

* * *

Travel through Vialesk

Lileone leads the party along long tunnels of air, magical barriers preventing the water of the plane from filling the open space. Aqueducts allow loaded crafts to carry dry goods from the docks to the rest of proper.

Through the clear waters, the air district can be seen spreading out before you, stone buildings rising from the waters in air-filled bubbles. Off the edge of the walkway, the underside of the city is a symmetrical half extending down into the depths below.

Sea elves, tritons, water mephits, and others move about their business without concern for the inversion.

As you arrive at a comfortable residence in a well-off residential area, the elf turns to you.

"I will avoid making a scene by leaving you here."

She gestures to the door.

"I wish you luck in whatever tasks she assigns you, and hope for your success. If you will accept, I have this to offer as assistance."

She produces three vials and offers them to Seth.

"Should you require access to the ocean district, you will be able to breathe for some time. I hope that this amends any ill will between us."

Potions of water breathing.


Zahra's residence

Inside, you find a woman pacing the length of the common room, garbed in loose clothing reminiscent of Qadira. Her blue skin gives her away as an undine, and the wayfinder on her belt leads you to believe this is Zahra.

"Ah! Pathfinders, I am overjoyed you could join me." The anger on her face is not quite washed away by the relief at your arrival.

"How apprised are you of the situation? I have called for your help to investigate the failure of a recent expedition. I am certain that foul play led to the disaster, and while time and tides have destroyed the on-site evidence, I believe investigating who was a part of the expedition and who could have set themselves against it may prove that our misfortune was no mere accident."

Scattering pages from the low table nearby, she produces a sheet with gentle script down the length of it.

"I have assembled a roster of those who are still in the city and may be good sources of information. I would caution you against being too overt in your questioning, in case a saboteur was among the members of the expedition."


Zahra's List: Members of the Expedition

Honoke:

Caravan master, provided the expedition’s whale sharks. I do not think him responsible. His sharks were his livelihood, and he lost most of them to the toxin. Investigate his whale sharks instead, something may have been done to them to steer them off course.

* * *

Tsomo Qorra and the Murajau current-chasers:

Tsomo’s murajau guides were responsible for mapping our route, and must be double-checked. Some of them had an unhealthy interest in the shell settlement and under the circumstances this is suspicious. It is also possible Tsomo failed to keep his maps up to date. As the Plane of Water is always shifting due to the tides, current-chasers are meant to keep track of these changes, but I have known things to slip past them.

* * *

Razethka the Scarred:

A brine dragon who lives apart from the Brackish Empire, though I have heard claims that she is in exile. She worked together with Yuka to provide our supplies to his submersible caravan, so she would have had the same opportunities for sabotage that Yuka did. I have yet to think of what Razethka's motive could be if she were responsible, but she is a dragon and I am certain she could find one with great ease.

* * *

Yuka Kannamen:

A selkie engineer and alchemist from Mapailek who provided and maintained a number of submersibles to protect our expedition from the jellyfish stings. He may be a genius in his field, but he is rather self-centered and inconsiderate of others. He is one of two with the greatest opportunity to sabotage us, as the Carmine Scourge, like other algae, can be deliberately attracted and spread with iron. Yuka would have had ample opportunity to lace his submersibles with that material, though I cannot argue that he would have the ambition for it.

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 30/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+7 R+5 W+5 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

Well met, Zahra. My name is Umberto. We have been oriented with the broad context of your journey. Your accounting would also be most useful. Umberto sits for what might be a long story.

Dark Archive

Male Human Brawler (Snakebite Striker) 1 | HP 13/13 | AC 20 TO 15 FF 15 | F +4 R +6 W +0 | CMD 18 | Init +6 | Perc +4 DV10 LLV

Likewise... - says Gyrand, greeting her after Umberto - ... You can call me Gyrand. Please - give us your story as well, before we go talk to the other members of the expedition.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17 Trying to get a feel of her as she tells the story.


"Oh sorry! I had already received your profiles and therefore just jumped in!" she says apologetically.

"I have no concerns about you uncovering the truth. I welcome it, as it will vindicate me before any doubters." Zahra smiles with an edge of exultation.

"I have double checked my navigation and know that I was not at fault. I believe we were sabotaged because of a signal we heard half an hour before the incident. There was a rhythmic clanging in the distance, though I do not have any idea what or who caused it. But I am certain it was related to the algae appearing before us."


DC 15 Sense Motive:

Zahra seems sure of herself, but flustered by the events. You don't feel any malice, just frustration. Perhaps the friction between her and Lilione comes from their similarities in personality.

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 30/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+7 R+5 W+5 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

sense motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Interesting.can you describe the algae?


"Do you mean the patch of the Carmine Scourge, the poisonous red algae that drifts through the plane on the tides and that has now afflicted our reefs? Well, I do not know how the scourge can be dealt with. I think it will take a great deal of effort from Vialesk to do so. But I do not know how many understand the damage, given the reefs are so far outside the city boundaries."

Dark Archive

Male LN Undine Psychic 2/Unchained Monk 1 | HP 13/18 | AC 11 T 10 FF 11 | CMB +4, CMD 14 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +0 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Phrenic Pool 2/2 | Spells: 1st 0/5 | Active conditions:

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

GM, what if anything do we know about Lysianassa and any links between them and Vialesk?

Scarab Sages

M Oread Unchained Barbarian 4 Oracle 2 init+3 HP:55/55 AC:21 CMD:19 TAC:12 FFAC:21

Dooain listens to Lileones account of the events and makes a note to acquire some alchemical goods for dealing with poison and lack of air.
He makes a quiet grunt and not when she offers Seth her aid with city security
sense motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
"Too bad about the sharks. Maybe we can help this Honoke fellow out a bit. Might make him more open to questioning."

Dark Archive

Male Human Brawler (Snakebite Striker) 1 | HP 13/13 | AC 20 TO 15 FF 15 | F +4 R +6 W +0 | CMD 18 | Init +6 | Perc +4 DV10 LLV

Feeling they wouldn't get much more information from her, Gyrand gave a satisfied smile to the others in the group.

Knowledge (dungeoneering or local): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21 What would he know about the algae, if anything?


Gyrand wrote:

Feeling they wouldn't get much more information from her, Gyrand gave a satisfied smile to the others in the group.

[dice=Knowledge (dungeoneering or local)]1d20+5 What would he know about the algae, if anything?

You unfortunately, do not know more about the algae than Zahra reported until now. But you all can ask further questions! ;-)


Dooain wrote:

Dooain listens to Lileones account of the events and makes a note to acquire some alchemical goods for dealing with poison and lack of air.

He makes a quiet grunt and not when she offers Seth her aid with city security
[dice=sense motive]1d20+4
"Too bad about the sharks. Maybe we can help this Honoke fellow out a bit. Might make him more open to questioning."

Zahra nods "Yes, you are right! Honoke is very attached to his animals. You should also ask him about a rhythmic clanging in the distance, half an hour before the caravan encountered the algae bloom. I am confident this was a signal, though I have yet to ascertain who was signaling. As I have double checked my navigation and know I was not at fault, the noise must have been related to the disaster.”


Zahra then looks at Seth.

“I saw that Lileone gave you something before she left you at my doorsteps! That woman! She calls me the arrogant one! She has always challenged my authority over the smallest of details. No doubt she feels herself vindicated by this disaster."

She sighs and is silent for a moment.

"No, but I must be more charitable. Lileone has a deep love for sharks, and she was enamored with our caravan beasts. Most of the creatures died from the poison, and she’s lashing out at me in grief. I have neither the time nor the disposition to deal wi th her, but she does have strong connections with the Vialesk guards, and she is knowledgeable about the Plane of Water’s flora and fauna. She could prove valuable to you if you appeal to her sentiments.”


Zahra looks at you all and then focuses on Arrius Vext.

"Arrius, I asked for your presence personally because you will assist me during my own investigations on this matter. Arrius, you can immediately go to this address ... your instructions await you there. As I know that this mission can also be quite dangerous I have also requested an agent that will be able to provide assistance via his connection to the spirit world. May I introduce Gurkagh to you."

Arrius please say goodbye and Gurkagh please say hello. ;-)


Do you have questions? Whom do you want to visit first?

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 30/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+7 R+5 W+5 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

Seems like Honoke will be most open with us. We should start there. Umberto rubs his scruffy chin.

Dark Archive

Male LN Undine Psychic 2/Unchained Monk 1 | HP 13/18 | AC 11 T 10 FF 11 | CMB +4, CMD 14 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +0 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Phrenic Pool 2/2 | Spells: 1st 0/5 | Active conditions:

"When the clarion call sounds, duty demands enthusiastic compliance. Your mere request is my sovereign command; as you bid, so shall I endeavour. To my companions: fare thee well--although apart, aid each other we may yet!"

Arrius takes his leave of the group to go on Zahra's urgent errand.

Grand Lodge

Male CG Human (Kellid) Shaman 8 | HP 52/60 | AC 19 T 13 FF 17 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +10 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +6 | Speed 20ft |Tree Limb 4/4, Spirit Ridden 0/1, Powerful Smash 4/4 |Spells: 1st 3/5, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 3/4, 4th 1/2 | Active conditions: 1 Str Drain (Poison), Bless, Thorn Body

A kellid wearing dirty furs over patchwork hide armor comes into the residence. He wears a broad smile and accidentally knocks over a table as he gives anyone who's willing a big bear hug. "Gurkagh say thanks Zahrah! Hi everyone. Me Gurkagh! Gurkagh's Uncle Shimo (he a bird) say we in whole another place! Confusing but exciting!"

Scarab Sages

M Oread Unchained Barbarian 4 Oracle 2 init+3 HP:55/55 AC:21 CMD:19 TAC:12 FFAC:21

"hmmmm yes, seems sensible to start at the top of the list and work our way down. Unless other evidence suggests otherwise as we continue."


Zhara takes a breath and gathers her thoughts before continuing, “I discovered several promising texts hinting of a fragment of Lysianassa’s power. You know Lysianassa? She is one of the lost elemental lords. It was said that she ruled this plane, until Kelizandri imprisoned her. I located several sources claiming that she gifted her breath to a servant, a giant nautilus called Riam the Unyielding, who was sent to govern the seas in her absence. But Riam was lost, blast it all, due to Kelizandri’s witless brine dragons—when they mortally wounded Riam, it dove into the Lambent Bloom and it could not be retrieved. I organized the expedition to pursue rumors of its giant shell, which was claimed to be a holy site until a few centuries back. I was unable to verify anything without traveling in person, as the shell proved resistant to divination and teleportation spells.”

She listens to your discussion.

"Honoke is an elderly ocean giant. He was our caravan master, and provided the expedition’s whale sharks. I do not think him responsible. His sharks were his livelihood, and he lost most of them to the toxin. Investigate his whale sharks instead, something may have been done to them to steer them off course. You might find a lead there." She also gives you directions.

”I believe you have everything you need. Good luck talking to Honoke.”


HONOKE

The party finds their way through the busy mercantile district, working slowly through the crowds, to find themselves in a field of stone and water.

The pools stretch out in neatly spaced clusters, and beneath the water swim countless fish and other aquatic life. At the pool Zahra's directions lead you too, a few whale sharks float within.

A blue giant, easily more than 20 feet tall, drags a shark behind himself with each hand as he swims laps in the enclosure. His pace is noticeably slower than his massive limbs should support.

The despondent giant can barely bring himself to acknowledge you.

DC20 Knowledge Local:

Honoke appears to be a giant, more precise an ocean giant.

DC 20 Heal:

The sharks are too weak to swim fast enough to pass water through their gills, and would suffocate without Honoke's constant effort.
Honoke is also in poor health judging by his slow pace, even given his advanced age. You would assume that he was outside of the submersibles when the toxin hit and barely made it back alive.

Dark Archive

Half-Oc Druid (Lion Shaman) 4 | HP 32/32 | AC 23 TO 14 FF 21 | F +9 R +6 W +9 | CMD 20 | Init +2 | Perc +9 DV
Companion:
HP 22/22 | AC 21 TO 14 FF 17 | F +5 R +8 W +3 Evasion | CMD 19 | Init +4 | Perc +6 LLV Scent

Hey guys! I had the wrong character in the game and the GM sent me a PM. This is the replacement. Sorry for the confusion! Gyrand is out, Lyrio is in. Please assume Lyrio was the one with the group the entire time.

Both the druid and his pet lion and his pet lion looked with curiosity at the large blue giant dragging the shark. That for sure was a strange vision - but, then again, the Pathfinder life was filled with strange things.

Lyrio taps Radagosa gently, calming the feline, and waits in silence for the "party faces" to speak - the half-orc was as leonine as his companion, and knew already it wasn't worth for him to try the diplomacy ways.

Heal: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

GM: Could I assume Lyrio had time to prepare for the "watery" mission? Maybe I'd buy something more specific.

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 30/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+7 R+5 W+5 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

aid heal: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Master Honoke. First, we offer our most sincere condolences. We are here about the recent tragedy. Would you please speak with us? Umberto sort of shouts into the water while trying to remain empathetic.

diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


Lyrio wrote:
GM: Could I assume Lyrio had time to prepare for the "watery" mission? Maybe I'd buy something more specific.

Yes of course! You all knew that you would travel to the elemental plane of water!


You see the giant release the two sharks to the herd, taking two more in hand and pulling them along his route.

From the way the released ones float, it is obvious they are not moving much of their own free will.

Honoke seems to not even notice you and the rest of the party but a moment later the giant slowly breaks the surface.

"What do you want?"

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 30/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+7 R+5 W+5 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

We would be honored to have your accounting of the foray into reefs for the Lambent Bloom. We understand you were the caravan master. Any detail could be helpful in understanding what went wrong. Umberto just hopes he offers a little information in his grief.

Scarab Sages

M Nagaji Bard (Archaeologist)-2/Oracle (Seeker)-1 | HP 21/21 | AC20 T14 FF16* | F+2 R+8 W+6 CMD16 | Init+2 Perception+8 /+9v.traps, low-light vision | *Uncanny dodge | Luck: 7/8 | Active effects:luck

kn(local): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
heal: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
An ocean giant! I've never seen one.
"We don't mean to disturb you. We know this must be a time of great sorrow for you. We are only trying to help discover what went wrong, so that nothing like this will happen again. And so that those responsible can be held to account."

1 to 50 of 365 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PbP Gameday VII - #8-19 Treacherous Waves - GM NOWRUZ All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.