PbP Gameday VII - #8-19 Treacherous Waves - GM NOWRUZ (Inactive)

Game Master noral

Start Aug 13

MAPS AND HANDOUTS


251 to 300 of 365 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Scarab Sages

M Nagaji Bard (Archaeologist)-2/Oracle (Seeker)-1 | HP 21/21 | AC20 T14 FF16* | F+2 R+8 W+6 CMD16 | Init+2 Perception+8 /+9v.traps, low-light vision | *Uncanny dodge | Luck: 7/8 | Active effects:luck

kn:engineering(aid Umberto): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
perception(aid Gurkagh): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
swim: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27
As they head for the location of the bombs, Seth tries to help a few of the others locate their location. Then he dives in to try to take out one himself.


COURAGE UNDER PRESSURE

Eight spots are marked on the map carried by the sahuagin, representing areas around the Glass Pit that have been sabotaged.

The vandalism is designed to seal off the Glass Pit from the air and flood it with water, causing a titanic pressure explosion.

To prevent this, the you must remove the bombs.

* * *

Dooain wrote:

"Should be alert the guard?"

My swim is +7 so I guess I'll give it a shot on my own
[dice = swim]1d20+7

Dooain has a brilliant idea! You show the map to the Vialesk guard and they are completely surprised ... after a short time you can secure the guards’ assistance!

This reduces the time between rolls by 15 minutes! So 45 minute intervalls now!


First search

Then Dooain and Shabah start swimming! And they really are able to find one of the bombs each and give the guards the location for them to disarm it.

2 successes

--

Umberto with support from Seth look for locations where the structural integrity is weak and really find a bomb this way!

1 successes

--

Gurkagh is unfortunately not successful to locate a bomb via his search.


You are now aware of the unbelievable danger!

Should you run out of time before you help to disarm all eight bombs at the marked spots, you cannot prevent the Glass Pit from exploding and that will blanket several blocks of Vialesk in boiling steam and then kill thousands who would drown.

Second search

Gurkagh now receives support from Seth and together they are again able to find a bomb hidden near the dome.

1 successes

Third search

Seth now trusts his own swimming ability and starts to gain speed when see another bomb hidden and informs the guards to help to disarm it.

1 successes


Please everybody make your rolls for up to round 5 with what you want to do!

Scarab Sages

M Oread Unchained Barbarian 4 Oracle 2 init+3 HP:55/55 AC:21 CMD:19 TAC:12 FFAC:21

if there is no reason not to, I guess I'll just keep swimming, just keep swimming
swim: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
swim: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
swim: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
swim: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

That should be for searches 2-5

Grand Lodge

Male CG Human (Kellid) Shaman 8 | HP 46/60 | AC 19 T 13 FF 17 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +10 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +6 | Speed 20ft |Tree Limb 4/4, Spirit Ridden 0/1, Powerful Smash 4/4 |Spells: 1st 4/5, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 3/4, 4th 1/2 | Active conditions: 1 Str Drain (Poison), Bless, Thorn Body

[Gurkagh keeps searching for rounds 3-5]

Perception # 3: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Perception # 4: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Perception # 5: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21


YOU DID IT!! After five searches ... BOOM! But you prevented a disaster! ;-)


Your calls for help from the guards are quickly answered, drawing back the patrols to the areas you individually identified.

With your keen eyes aided by engineering talent, lots of swimming, the Pathfinders are able to avert the nefarious plot against the city of Vialesk!

As the citizens disperse back to their workplaces, the murajau leaders offer you thanks and congratulation for your tireless work.

That the Pathfinders leapt into action to save the city is greatly appreciated by the authorities.

The aquatic elves initial suspicion of the bombs going off too quickly gives way to big cheers as the situation is explained and everybody learns that you saved the day ... that you found all bombs.

They promise to bring the message to their superiors attention as well as inform Lileone that you are true heroes.

* * *

Even so, the nagging thought of being no closer to apprehending the villain behind the sabotage is a sour note.


CHASE

In a stroke of fate, as you are lead back to the Pathfinder offices to share a celebratory drink, a familiar face is noted on the walkway.

Kneeling by a waterway, is the lean aquatic elf assistant from Tsomo's office. Not so suspicious to see him out, until you notice him slip a bamboo shark with distinctive notches into the water.

He rises to notice your stares and a brief moment passes as your gazes meet. With a curse, he whirls and dashes into the crowd!

This is Tsomo ... you are sure!!

As the party gives chase they can see the elf darting through the crowd into the livestock market. He dives through the water pens, calling out to the shark life within and appearing to incite them to a furor to cover his tracks!

Some of the merchants cry out in alarm as the animals menace them in their blind fury!

Each of you may take a full round of actions each turn to help apprehend the fleeing elf. Due to his use of watery paths to confound your pursuit, anyone unable to breath underwater takes a -2 penalty on checks. The crowds also impose a Concentration check on spellcasting due to the chaotic distractions (DC10+spell level). Possible tactics include calming the animals to ease your passage, throwing poisonous creatures at him, or breaking cases in his path with ranged weapons, but feel free to come up with your own ideas.
SEE THE HANDOUTS!


The malenti’s flight leads him into Vialesk’s marketplace, where he dives in and out of the water and throws ironflame grenades behind him to distract the city guard.

In order to prevent Tsomo from making a clean getaway, you must quickly run after him and use the bazaar’s resources to slow his retreat.

Grand Lodge

Male CG Human (Kellid) Shaman 8 | HP 46/60 | AC 19 T 13 FF 17 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +10 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +6 | Speed 20ft |Tree Limb 4/4, Spirit Ridden 0/1, Powerful Smash 4/4 |Spells: 1st 4/5, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 3/4, 4th 1/2 | Active conditions: 1 Str Drain (Poison), Bless, Thorn Body

"Water spirits say bad elf very bad! They help us catch him?"

Concentration check vs. DC 13: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Tried casting water breathing, but no luck.

"Oops! Gurkagh eat too many fish, and spirits no like him no more."

Grand Lodge

Male CG Human (Kellid) Shaman 8 | HP 46/60 | AC 19 T 13 FF 17 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +10 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +6 | Speed 20ft |Tree Limb 4/4, Spirit Ridden 0/1, Powerful Smash 4/4 |Spells: 1st 4/5, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 3/4, 4th 1/2 | Active conditions: 1 Str Drain (Poison), Bless, Thorn Body

My post got eaten as I was editing it--I tried casting water breathing on everyone, but failed the Concentration check.


SOME MORE RULES:
- First, the distance between cards is abstract, and Tsomo’s position on the cards represents how close he is to escaping the PCs and not his actual position in the marketplace.
- Second, you move as a group rather than as individuals.
- Finally, the actions on the cards represent opportunities for you to create obstacles to slow down the malenti spy rather than obstacles that you must overcome to move through the market.

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 33/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+5 R+3 W+6 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

Umberto applies Oil of Air Bubble to his head area and moves with the group in pursuit.

Is that an acceptable action?

Scarab Sages

M Oread Unchained Barbarian 4 Oracle 2 init+3 HP:55/55 AC:21 CMD:19 TAC:12 FFAC:21

handle animal: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Dooain tries to calm the animals down.

Scarab Sages

M Nagaji Bard (Archaeologist)-2/Oracle (Seeker)-1 | HP 21/21 | AC20 T14 FF16* | F+2 R+8 W+6 CMD16 | Init+2 Perception+8 /+9v.traps, low-light vision | *Uncanny dodge | Luck: 7/8 | Active effects:luck

Seth quaffs a potion of water breathing and hands the other two he has to who-ever wants them. "Don't let him escape!" he cries.
2 move actions
does that actually help anything or are we better served shooting arrows at him?

The Exchange

Agender Popobala Metamorph 5 | HP 22/38 | AC 21, T 12, FF 16 | F +8, R +9, W +5 | Shapechange 1/2 | Mercurial Oil 7/7

I think it's assumed we're chasing after him, and our actions instead are to slow him down somehow? That seems like Handle Animal and some kind of shooting for a couple of those options, but what does throwing poisonous creatures at him entail?

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Agender Popobala Metamorph 5 | HP 22/38 | AC 21, T 12, FF 16 | F +8, R +9, W +5 | Shapechange 1/2 | Mercurial Oil 7/7

"Huuaaaagh!"

Shabah grabs fistfuls of jellyfish, flinging them at the fleeing saboteur as the Metamorph pursues.

CMD: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15


Gurkagh, Umberto, your actions make a lot of sense! The DCs of all attempts face -2 to the roll if you cannot breathe water. ;-)


Seth Saliss wrote:

Seth quaffs a potion of water breathing and hands the other two he has to who-ever wants them. "Don't let him escape!" he cries.

2 move actions
does that actually help anything or are we better served shooting arrows at him?

This makes a lot of sense! Who takes the other potions? I allow the potion to be retrieved and drunk as one of your actions.

Dooain wrote:

[dice=handle animal]1d20+3

Dooain tries to calm the animals down.

Dooain commands an ill-tempered leopard seal to bite the malenti’s leg and slow him down!

Shabah's Warform wrote:

"Huuaaaagh!"

Shabah grabs fistfuls of jellyfish, flinging them at the fleeing saboteur as the Metamorph pursues.

[dice=CMD]d20+10

Shabah throws the jellyfish but unfortunately cannot hit him!


Tsomo moves three fields if you cannot slow him down. Each success slows him by one field so you need three successes so he does not move at all. You only move by 1 field!


Gondolier’s Canal

Tsomo attempts to dart between two halves of a movable bridge that has been raised to allow gondolas to pass through.

The PCs can force him to change his path with a DC 18 Swim check to physically block his exit, a DC 16 Knowledge (engineering) check to close the bridge and seal off his escape route, or a DC 18 Acrobatics check using a trio of passing tojanidas as platforms to move ahead
and cut the off malenti. Any of these actions cause Tsomo to
swim in a different direction, slowing his escape.

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 33/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+5 R+3 W+6 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

Umberto sees an opportunity to interrupt Tsomo's escape at the bridge. Perhaps he can manipulate the mechanism that closes the bridge!

kn engineering: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Scarab Sages

M Oread Unchained Barbarian 4 Oracle 2 init+3 HP:55/55 AC:21 CMD:19 TAC:12 FFAC:21

Dooain dives in to cut him off.
swim: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 7 - 2 = 11
using my reroll
swim: 1d20 + 7 - 2 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 7 - 2 + 5 = 19

Scarab Sages

M Nagaji Bard (Archaeologist)-2/Oracle (Seeker)-1 | HP 21/21 | AC20 T14 FF16* | F+2 R+8 W+6 CMD16 | Init+2 Perception+8 /+9v.traps, low-light vision | *Uncanny dodge | Luck: 7/8 | Active effects:luck

Seth also dives in, swimming to a different side to try to box Tsomo in.
swift activate luck, swim
swim: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19

The Exchange

Agender Popobala Metamorph 5 | HP 22/38 | AC 21, T 12, FF 16 | F +8, R +9, W +5 | Shapechange 1/2 | Mercurial Oil 7/7

Jaws clamped together with tension, Shabah swims forward to cut him off.

I will not fail again.

Swim: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 18 Kept it close though!


Question: Umberto and Seth both can now breathe under water. What about the others? If you can how do you do it? All your rolls face -2 if you cannot breathe under water!

The Exchange

Agender Popobala Metamorph 5 | HP 22/38 | AC 21, T 12, FF 16 | F +8, R +9, W +5 | Shapechange 1/2 | Mercurial Oil 7/7

I can do it as part of my shapeshifting - any form that grants you a swim (or burrow) speed also gives you the commensurate breathing.

Grand Lodge

Male CG Human (Kellid) Shaman 8 | HP 46/60 | AC 19 T 13 FF 17 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +10 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +6 | Speed 20ft |Tree Limb 4/4, Spirit Ridden 0/1, Powerful Smash 4/4 |Spells: 1st 4/5, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 3/4, 4th 1/2 | Active conditions: 1 Str Drain (Poison), Bless, Thorn Body

If one of those potions are left, Gurkagh will drink one.


Umberto's engineering talents really close the bridge and Shabah as well as Seth both swim so fast that they force Tsomo to change his direction! Dooain's swim talents can almost force Tsomo to back off too but him not being able to breathe under water does not help.

Gurkagh gets a potion of water breathing and drinks it!

All of these actions lead to Tsomo not being able to advance at all!


An Obtrusive Customer

Both the malenti and you find your path impeded by an awakened giant squid, who is covered in bright parcels and leisurely perusing the market
stalls.

The PCs can ask the squid to grab Tsomo with a Diplomacy check, force the squid to squirt ink at the malenti with a Knowledge (nature) check, or make an attack roll to poke the squid in the eye and make it drop its packages on top of Tsomo.

All of you have water breathing except of Dooain now! FYI: I left the DCs of the actions out.

The Exchange

Agender Popobala Metamorph 5 | HP 22/38 | AC 21, T 12, FF 16 | F +8, R +9, W +5 | Shapechange 1/2 | Mercurial Oil 7/7

Somewhat caught off guard by the giant squid's shopping habits, Shabah decides to interact with the titanic marketgoer in the friendliest way possible.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

...By commanding it in the name of the Padishah Emperor to take up tentacles against his imperial radiance's foes.

Scarab Sages

M Oread Unchained Barbarian 4 Oracle 2 init+3 HP:55/55 AC:21 CMD:19 TAC:12 FFAC:21

Ive been putting the minus 2 in my roll so that 19 was with it accounted for. I don't know if that makes a difference
Look out Squid friend, Daddy SHARK!
knowledge nature: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 8 - 2 = 9
Apparently he was not able to put his knowledge of squids predators to good use.

Scarab Sages

M Oread Unchained Barbarian 4 Oracle 2 init+3 HP:55/55 AC:21 CMD:19 TAC:12 FFAC:21

Also how far ahead is he?

Nevermind i see it in the handouts now

Scarab Sages

M Nagaji Bard (Archaeologist)-2/Oracle (Seeker)-1 | HP 21/21 | AC20 T14 FF16* | F+2 R+8 W+6 CMD16 | Init+2 Perception+8 /+9v.traps, low-light vision | *Uncanny dodge | Luck: 7/8 | Active effects:luck

Seth is momentarily taken aback by the tremendous creature... shopping? He manages to stutter out, "Sssir Sssquid! Pleassse don't let him get away!"
diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 33/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+5 R+3 W+6 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

Drop the boxes, squid! We are in pursuit of a murderer. Umberto channels his deity and smacks the

swift Divine Favor, light mace: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

wow, that's a terrible round of rolls!


That was really a bad round for you! Gurkagh is UP!


Can someone please bot Gurkagh. Txs

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Oread Unchained Barbarian 4 Oracle 2 init+3 HP:55/55 AC:21 CMD:19 TAC:12 FFAC:21

[ooc]Gurkagh poke it in the eye?[ooc]
atack roll: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22


The Pathfinders were not very successful to convince Mr. Tentacle but at least Gukagh's poke actions slowed Tsomo down a little!

Only one success - so he moves two fields and you move one field.


A Masterful Performance

The chase crosses paths with a group of marketplace performers, who are putting on a show with trained dolphins and penguins.

PCs who succeed at Handle Animal or wild empathy check can command the dolphins to grab at the malenti, those who succeed at a Ride check can grab hold of a dolphin and speed forward to block Tsomo’s path, and those who succeed at a combat maneuver against CMD can collar Tsomo with one of the hoops from the performance. PCs can attempt a Dexterity check to save the penguins from being trampled, but this action does not slow Tsomo’s movement.

Scarab Sages

M Oread Unchained Barbarian 4 Oracle 2 init+3 HP:55/55 AC:21 CMD:19 TAC:12 FFAC:21

Dooain is enraged by the fleeing saboteur. He grabs a hoop and tried to snare Tsomo.
CMB check with rage: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 10 - 2 = 27

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 33/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+5 R+3 W+6 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

Umberto is adept at dirty tricks in combat. He attempts to trip up Tsomo with the hoops.

CMB: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Nagaji Bard (Archaeologist)-2/Oracle (Seeker)-1 | HP 21/21 | AC20 T14 FF16* | F+2 R+8 W+6 CMD16 | Init+2 Perception+8 /+9v.traps, low-light vision | *Uncanny dodge | Luck: 7/8 | Active effects:luck

Seth really wants to stop Tsomo, but they shouldn't be just destroying everything in their mad pursuit. Not only does it make the Pathfinders look bad, it's just plain wrong. He's about to try to ride one of the dolphins when he notices the poor penguins who are about to be squashed. As quick as he can muster, he dashes forth and slides across the stage, trying to sweep them out of the way with his own body.
dex check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Grand Lodge

Male CG Human (Kellid) Shaman 8 | HP 46/60 | AC 19 T 13 FF 17 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +10 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +6 | Speed 20ft |Tree Limb 4/4, Spirit Ridden 0/1, Powerful Smash 4/4 |Spells: 1st 4/5, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 3/4, 4th 1/2 | Active conditions: 1 Str Drain (Poison), Bless, Thorn Body

Gurkagh asks the dolphins to slow down the malenti!

Handle Animal Check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Sorry for being AWOL--spend the weekend without a computer.


The Pathfinders this time are super successful and achieve the impossible by using the dolphins and the environment to their advantage ... they stop Tsomo from advancing! And at the same time they rescue the pinguins!!


Engineering Bay

Tsomo dodges into a large, water-filled chamber that contains submersibles available for rental.

PCs can attempt a Knowledge (engineering) check to harry Tsomo with an apparatus of the crab, succeed at a Disable Device check or a Strength check to sink the submersibles to block Tsomo’s exit, or cast any electricity spell of 1st level or higher on the machinery to force Tsomo out of the water. The submersibles are too large to quickly leave the bay, so Tsomo cannot use them to flee the PCs.

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 33/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+5 R+3 W+6 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

kn Eng: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Umberto grabs a few crabs and crafts a bit of a makeshift crab apparatus.

Grand Lodge

Male CG Human (Kellid) Shaman 8 | HP 46/60 | AC 19 T 13 FF 17 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +10 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +6 | Speed 20ft |Tree Limb 4/4, Spirit Ridden 0/1, Powerful Smash 4/4 |Spells: 1st 4/5, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 3/4, 4th 1/2 | Active conditions: 1 Str Drain (Poison), Bless, Thorn Body

Gurkagh tries to block Tsomo's exit by breaking the submersibles.

Strength check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

251 to 300 of 365 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PbP Gameday VII - #8-19 Treacherous Waves - GM NOWRUZ All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.