PbP Gameday VII - #8-19 Treacherous Waves - GM NOWRUZ (Inactive)

Game Master noral

Start Aug 13

MAPS AND HANDOUTS


151 to 200 of 365 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

Dooain wrote:

Dooain plods slowly through the longest exchange you've heard from him.

"Hmmm, now look here. My friend is quiet agitated. Seems to us there's a bit of bad business about. Sabotaged expedition, city's gotta glitchy sonaphore, sharks with strange markings, accusations of sahaguine, it's all rotten. I'm sure you're no part of it, but for us to help you we need to know everything. What if one of your clients are involved? Just think what could be done with large amounts of underwater combustibles near a city like this. So please, before we need to involve our friends in the guard, tell us what we want to know."

Yuka is hesitant. But then he shows Dooain a certain page in the ledger. As he looks at the ledger, he sees only that Yuka had it delivered to "The warehouse".

Yuka continues.

"I didn't ask. All I know is that I have it directly shipped to a warehouse. The price point was REALLY good, so I couldn't say no..."

Yuka looks genuinely distraught. "I can give you the location of the delivery if it'd help."

Indeed, he gives you the address forthwith (and it matches the ledger.)

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 30/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+5 R+3 W+6 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

Anything else you'd like to come clean with? Umberto tries again to flex on Yuka.

intimidate: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23


”Ehhh ... no ... really no!! This was client confidentiality! You have to understand. But there is nothing more!“ he says with a quivering voice.

Scarab Sages

M Oread Unchained Barbarian 4 Oracle 2 init+3 HP:55/55 AC:21 CMD:19 TAC:12 FFAC:21
GM Nowruz wrote:
Dooain wrote:

"Don't know much about alchemy...strange science...not natural..."

[dice=craft alchemy]1d20+
"I mean take this iron flame for instance. Strange stuff. Only volcanoes should burn under water, though i suppose a bit of alchemist fire saved me more than once or twice."

Dooain knows that Ironflame is a compound that burns VERY hot, and VERY fast, and can do so underwater. In the quantities here, it'd be a massive explosion....

"That much iron flame...near the dome...could crack it."

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 30/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+5 R+3 W+6 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

Umberto is satisfied he's extracted the information he can. to the warehouse then?

Scarab Sages

M Nagaji Bard (Archaeologist)-2/Oracle (Seeker)-1 | HP 21/21 | AC20 T14 FF16* | F+2 R+8 W+6 CMD16 | Init+2 Perception+8 /+9v.traps, low-light vision | *Uncanny dodge | Luck: 7/8 | Active effects:luck

"Agreed. We need to try to secure that before a catastrophe happens."


I need more voices to continue so please all share your view on the next steps.

Grand Lodge

Male CG Human (Kellid) Shaman 8 | HP 52/60 | AC 19 T 13 FF 17 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +10 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +6 | Speed 20ft |Tree Limb 4/4, Spirit Ridden 0/1, Powerful Smash 4/4 |Spells: 1st 3/5, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 3/4, 4th 1/2 | Active conditions: 1 Str Drain (Poison), Bless, Thorn Body

"Gurkagh say spirits say let's go iron flame!"

The Exchange

Agender Sandkin Metamorph 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 19(21), T 12, FF 14(16) | F +8, R +9, W +5 | Shapechanger 2/2

Shabah agrees, "Potential catastrophes do have priority over further investigation."


You are ready to leave and Yuka waves goodbye as the party exits the building.

DC 20 Perception:

As you exit the shop, you see someone standing across the busy street. Sharp fangs and amphibian fins mark him as a sahuagin as his gaze slides past yours. DC15 Sense Motive check to open the next spoiler.

Follow up from above spoiler:

The sahuagin appears to be watching the workshop, while attempting to appear nonchalantly loitering on the street.

Where to next?

Scarab Sages

M Oread Unchained Barbarian 4 Oracle 2 init+3 HP:55/55 AC:21 CMD:19 TAC:12 FFAC:21

perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (7) + 0 = 7

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 30/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+5 R+3 W+6 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
I presume we collected and address from the ledger? Otherwise, we might have to "gather information" for its location.

Umberto walks out of the tinkerer's office waiting for someone to spout the address we should head to


GM Nowruz wrote:

Yuka looks genuinely distraught. "I can give you the location of the delivery if it'd help."

Indeed, he gives you the address forthwith (and it matches the ledger.)

Scarab Sages

M Nagaji Bard (Archaeologist)-2/Oracle (Seeker)-1 | HP 21/21 | AC20 T14 FF16* | F+2 R+8 W+6 CMD16 | Init+2 Perception+8 /+9v.traps, low-light vision | *Uncanny dodge | Luck: 7/8 | Active effects:luck

perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
sense motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
As they exit the building and begin heading to the warehouse, Seth notices something out of the corner of his eye. Trying to be inconspicuous himself, he says, "There's a sahuagin over there watching the workshop and trying to look like he isn't. I think we're on the right trail. I think we should cut him off before he heads back to some superior."
as much as I love the idea of following this guy back to his bosses, we're in a time crunch. If we can grab him and question him, it might not take too long


What do you do? Could you please increase your posting frequency and be action oriented in your posts please. We really need to be speedy to make it until Oct 15. ;-)

Grand Lodge

Male CG Human (Kellid) Shaman 8 | HP 52/60 | AC 19 T 13 FF 17 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +10 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +6 | Speed 20ft |Tree Limb 4/4, Spirit Ridden 0/1, Powerful Smash 4/4 |Spells: 1st 3/5, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 3/4, 4th 1/2 | Active conditions: 1 Str Drain (Poison), Bless, Thorn Body

"Snakeman think sharkman bad guy? Gurkagh get him."

Gurkagh speaks with the spirits of the sea, and tendrils of toxic seaweed try to wrap around the sahuagin like a cocoon.

Cast sickening entanglement on the sahuagin to be action-oriented :)


;-)

Bluff Gurkagh: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
vs. Perception of the group and the Sahuagin for surprise round DC

Perception Sahuagin: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Perc(Dooain): 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14
Perc(Umberto): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Perc(Shabah): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Perc(Gyrand): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Perc(Seth): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

When Gurkagh begins the first sign of casting his spell, you realize that Dooain, Umberto and the Sahuagin are not surprised and act.

Ini Sahuagin: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Ini(Dooain): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Ini(Umberto): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Ini(Shabah): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Ini(Gyrand): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Ini(Seth): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Ini(Gurkagh): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

* * *

Round - Surprise

Gurkagh starts to cast his entangle spell and he is lucky to have enough plant growth here to enable the spell to take effect. Many people are affected by spell as you are now standing on the street ... grass, weeds, and other plants are starting to wrap around creatures in the area.

"Ohhhh ... Mortimer ... what is happening here?!?" an Undine lady cries out to her husband.

Reflex Sahuagin : 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

You can now see that the Sahuagin really is stuck now.

* *

Round - Surprise

1. Gurkagh (casts entangle), Umberto -> GO
2. Sahuagin
3. Dooain

* * *

Round 1

1. Gurkagh, Gyrand, Shabah, Umberto
2. Sahuagin
3. Dooain, Seth

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 30/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+5 R+3 W+6 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

can't see the map yet but just going to move towards the sahuagin.


There is no map so theater of the mind. Let us assume he is 20 ft. away.

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 30/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+5 R+3 W+6 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

I'll move the 20 then? Am I subject to the entangle?


Reminder:

Yuka's workshop is a single story squat building on one of the merchant district canals. A solid stone wall blocks the alleys to either side, separating the storefront from the waterway on the backside.

Assume that approaching the sahuagin means entering the spell effect.

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 30/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+5 R+3 W+6 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

Umberto pauses before entering the viney territory.


The sahuagin tries to break free ...

Move action Strength check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

... and is really able to get rid of the plants.

He runs and dives into the waterway going deep and hardly being visible.

DC 15 to spot the Sahuagin in the water when you have reached the waterway (and have successfully saves vs. the entangle.

Round - Surprise

1. Gurkagh (casts entangle), Umberto
2. Sahuagin
3. Dooain-> GO

* * *

Round 1

1. Gurkagh, Gyrand, Shabah, Umberto
2. Sahuagin
3. Dooain, Seth

Scarab Sages

M Oread Unchained Barbarian 4 Oracle 2 init+3 HP:55/55 AC:21 CMD:19 TAC:12 FFAC:21

I run up to the water
reflex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
and am very stuck at the end of my turn.


DC 15 to spot the Sahuagin in the water when you have reached the waterway (and have successfully Reflex saved vs. the entangle).

Round 1

1. Gurkagh, Gyrand, Shabah, Umberto -> Go
2. Sahuagin
3. Dooain, Seth

The Exchange

Agender Sandkin Metamorph 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 19(21), T 12, FF 14(16) | F +8, R +9, W +5 | Shapechanger 2/2

Shabah's skin begins to swell and split, growing calluses upon calluses until their skin could be more accurately described as scales.

The Exchange

Agender Popobala Metamorph 5 | HP 1/33/38 | AC 21, T 12, FF 19 | F +8, R +9, W +5 | Shapechange 0/2 | Mercurial Oil 6/7

The new towering lizardfolk takes off after the Sahuagin, clearly untroubled by the sudden growth, as they sight in on the fleeing creature.

Reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Depending on distances, Shabah may already be making use of their new swim speed :)

Grand Lodge

Male CG Human (Kellid) Shaman 8 | HP 52/60 | AC 19 T 13 FF 17 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +10 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +6 | Speed 20ft |Tree Limb 4/4, Spirit Ridden 0/1, Powerful Smash 4/4 |Spells: 1st 3/5, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 3/4, 4th 1/2 | Active conditions: 1 Str Drain (Poison), Bless, Thorn Body

"Ha ha, silly seaweed spirits! Gurkagh say get sharkman, not new friend!"

Gurkagh will dismiss the sickening entanglement spell as a standard action and then move up to the edge of the water.

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 30/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+5 R+3 W+6 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

With the vines down, Umberto week move to the edge of the water as well. Tsomo employed sahuagin.henraises my suspicion further.


Gyrand is up! Shabah, you can jump in the water. What is your swim speed?

The Exchange

Agender Popobala Metamorph 5 | HP 1/33/38 | AC 21, T 12, FF 19 | F +8, R +9, W +5 | Shapechange 0/2 | Mercurial Oil 6/7

Only 15' I'm afraid, but my hope is to either trail the Sahuagin or make it decide that it should really turn and fight.


Shabah's perception is very good today and he observes that the speed with which the Sahuagin is swimming is definitely way faster than his speed.

Pleasee decide how you want to proceed.

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 30/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+5 R+3 W+6 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

Rats. He got away. We should rush to the warehouse in the case they try to destroy the evidence! Umberto makes to leave.


After the Sahuagin escapes you confer that you need to travel to the warehouse. In the less traveled industrial district the humidity lowers sharply.

You can also feel the heat coming from the Glass Pit, where near it a massive furnace is kept ignited as the sole source of fire in Vialesk.

Warehouse

Stevedores and city guards are the main occupants on the streets as you arrive at the warehouse address.

The building is a respectable size, at least two stories, with multiple large loading doors on either end and to the side.

A wooden fence blocks the alley between it and its neighbor.

Scarab Sages

M Oread Unchained Barbarian 4 Oracle 2 init+3 HP:55/55 AC:21 CMD:19 TAC:12 FFAC:21

Dooain ponders the failed chase while walking to the warehouse.
"Um why did we chase that sahaguine again?"
He stops to look around the street and the building trying to determine if it is occupied or if anyone will care should he choose to break in.
perception: 1d20 ⇒ 9


The guard patrol passes by the party, too far to hear any topic of discussion.

Your front of legitimacy seems to convince that nothing suspicious is going on. As they turn out of sight, the Pathfinders are able to check closer and determine there are no open doors.

Dooain looks, and doesn't see anything of note, though he can confirm that the door is locked through a small test.

I hope you do not mind that I give you a little more guidance now.

A few people are on the streets but nobody takes interest.

He scans the area, noting no one in particular watching, but he does here the sounds of people moving boxes inside.

It looks like if you don't want to draw attention, someone is going to need to stealthily unlock, or break down, the door.

To get into the warehouse, I’ll need Disable Device or Str checks to get the doors open. If you’d like to also avoid the city guard while you break in, you’ll need to roll Stealth (to go unnoticed) or Bluff (to make a distraction) as well.

Scarab Sages

M Oread Unchained Barbarian 4 Oracle 2 init+3 HP:55/55 AC:21 CMD:19 TAC:12 FFAC:21

I can try a disable but i cant guarantee I'll go unnoticed.

The Exchange

Agender Popobala Metamorph 5 | HP 1/33/38 | AC 21, T 12, FF 19 | F +8, R +9, W +5 | Shapechange 0/2 | Mercurial Oil 6/7

Shabah chugs a strange elixir, putting on yet more layers of muscle and scales Mutagen.

"Any distractions you can provide would be quite welcome, but I will tend to these doors with as much subtlety as I can."

Taking 10 if kosher.
Disable Device: 10 + 11 = 21
Stealth: 10 + 5 = 15


With little effort, the Pathfinders find the door easy to open. As the door slightly opens, stacks of crates are revealed, packing the lower floor, while a 10 foot high balcony holds fewer crates.

Shabah can see a Sahuagin carrying crates.

Scarab Sages

M Nagaji Bard (Archaeologist)-2/Oracle (Seeker)-1 | HP 21/21 | AC20 T14 FF16* | F+2 R+8 W+6 CMD16 | Init+2 Perception+8 /+9v.traps, low-light vision | *Uncanny dodge | Luck: 7/8 | Active effects:luck

Sliding up behind Shabah, Seth takes a quick peek into the warehouse.
perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 (though he doesn't seem to see anything special)
"More sahuagin," he whispers to the others.

Scarab Sages

M Nagaji Bard (Archaeologist)-2/Oracle (Seeker)-1 | HP 21/21 | AC20 T14 FF16* | F+2 R+8 W+6 CMD16 | Init+2 Perception+8 /+9v.traps, low-light vision | *Uncanny dodge | Luck: 7/8 | Active effects:luck

in an effort to move things along...
Seth casts grease under the feet of the sahuagin moving crates. (DC15 reflex)

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 30/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+5 R+3 W+6 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

Umberto nods and is ready to close on the sahuagin if he tries to flee.


You are going into action so everyone has a surprise round action (standard or move action)! One person has to open the door and only one person has line of effect by looking through the slightly opened door. ;-) YOU ARE ALL UP!

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 30/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+5 R+3 W+6 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

Umberto closes on the sauhuagin.

move to close behind some crates.


Umberto Ricci wrote:

Umberto closes on the sauhuagin.

move to close behind some crates.

Opening the door is necessary first. So if somebody else opens the door your action is fine.

Scarab Sages

M Oread Unchained Barbarian 4 Oracle 2 init+3 HP:55/55 AC:21 CMD:19 TAC:12 FFAC:21

Dooain will open the door.

Grand Lodge

Male CG Human (Kellid) Shaman 8 | HP 52/60 | AC 19 T 13 FF 17 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +10 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +6 | Speed 20ft |Tree Limb 4/4, Spirit Ridden 0/1, Powerful Smash 4/4 |Spells: 1st 3/5, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 3/4, 4th 1/2 | Active conditions: 1 Str Drain (Poison), Bless, Thorn Body

"Gurkagh don't know if mammoth spirits come to silly water place, but maybe!"

Gurkagh asks the mammoth spirits for bull's strength and his muscles start to bulge.

The Exchange

Agender Popobala Metamorph 5 | HP 1/33/38 | AC 21, T 12, FF 19 | F +8, R +9, W +5 | Shapechange 0/2 | Mercurial Oil 6/7

Shabah surges through the opened door, carving their blade across the Sahuagin before them.

"You must never hesitate."

Falchion (Charge!): 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 10 + 2 = 25
Slashing: 2d4 + 10 + 3 ⇒ (2, 2) + 10 + 3 = 17


I am honest that I have a hard time to get to my computer. :-(

Initiative

Ini(Dooain): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Ini(Umberto): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Ini(Shabah): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Ini(Gyrand): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Ini(Seth): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Ini(Gurkagh): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Ini(Enemies): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

* * *

SURPRISE ROUND

Shabah's attack is so fierce that the first Sahuagin behind the crate is dead before he could even react. Lucky Shabah ... the sahuagin was not holding an alchemical crate.

Reflex : 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

The next sahuagin does not slip and thus does not fall.

* * *

ROUND 1

1. Enemies

The two remaining sahuagin put down their crates and draw their tridents.

2. PC

You are all up!

Scarab Sages

M Nagaji Bard (Archaeologist)-2/Oracle (Seeker)-1 | HP 21/21 | AC20 T14 FF16* | F+2 R+8 W+6 CMD16 | Init+2 Perception+8 /+9v.traps, low-light vision | *Uncanny dodge | Luck: 7/8 | Active effects:luck

Seth pulls his bow out and takes a shot at the sahuagin he tried to grease.
swift activate luck, move to pull bow, attack
bow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
...but the arrow sails past the creature.

151 to 200 of 365 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PbP Gameday VII - #8-19 Treacherous Waves - GM NOWRUZ All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.