PbP GameDay 4: GM Aarvid PFS 6-xx Scions of the Sky KeyPart 3 [1-5] (Inactive)

Game Master GM Aarvid

Upper Altar

Ashkurhall


51 to 100 of 1,052 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

Female Human (Chelaxian) gunslinger (musket master) 2/evoker 2 | hp 29 | AC 14 T 14 FF 10 | CMD 17 | F +5 R +7 W +6 | Spd 30' | Init +3 | Kn(Arc, Eng, Geo, Loc, Nat, Nob, Pla, Rel) +7, Perc +8, Scrft +7, SensM +2 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Grit 2/2

"Ah, there you are. Are you both ready?"


Male Human (Mwangi) Commoner 1

"Yes madam."


"Kikongwe pia?" The man says with a strange look at Majal.

Polyglot:
"The old woman too?"

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Chelaxian) gunslinger (musket master) 2/evoker 2 | hp 29 | AC 14 T 14 FF 10 | CMD 17 | F +5 R +7 W +6 | Spd 30' | Init +3 | Kn(Arc, Eng, Geo, Loc, Nat, Nob, Pla, Rel) +7, Perc +8, Scrft +7, SensM +2 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Grit 2/2

"Ndiyo. Inavyoonekana hivyo."

Polyglot:
"Yes. Apparently so."

She hands a few things off to Jakob who carefully adds them to his pack.

Thaia's things:
Jakob carries: the bedroll, tent, trail rations, waterskin and whetstone (as well as his own gear).


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Getting an audience with Praetor Sylien is a simple matter. When the PCs arrive at the garrison and explain their situation or mention Aya Allahe’s name, a member of the garrison escorts them to the praetor’s office building, a modest and utilitarian space comprised of several tables and a handful of half-stocked bookshelves.

A war table featuring a map of the Bandu Hills region sits prominently in the center of the room, and three tall windows nearby let in a great deal of natural light.

Praetor Sylien is in mid-conversation with a lanky Garundi man in fine attire. Their conversation stops abruptly, and the praetor’s guest disdainful glares at the latest arrivals.

“PATHFINDERS. I shouldn’t be surprised. Only your organization would have the gall to so brazenly show its face when you’ve already caused so much damage.”

“Pathfinders,” the praetor’s voice lacks the contempt of his guest, as if trying to subtly apologize for his tone.
“This is Amersanus Valacosti of the Aspis Consortium. We’ve been discussing the troubles Fort Bandu has faced of late—troubles caused by your organization.
I was unwilling to disclose the details to Mistress Allahe by courier, but now that you have arrived, I feel it pertinent to explain the nature of Fort Bandu’s… misgivings.
Venture-Captain Sharrowsmith came through here some months ago, gathering supplies
and information before setting off on an expedition into the hills. There, he roused the local kobold tribes and angered them enough that they now actively raid our settlements and mining operations.

He continues...

“Amersanus Valacosti and I were discussing how the Aspis Consortium may be able to help repair the damage your Society has inflicted on the people of Fort Bandu.
Now that you’ve arrived, perhaps we can have a more balanced mediation.
Your Pathfinder Society has a damaged reputation in the Bandu Hills, so I ask you state your business and why you think I should allow you to even so much as stay within the fort’s walls.
What knowledge do you have of this land and its people that could prevent this situation from deteriorating further?
I will only entertain questions regarding Sharrowsmith once I’m assured that providing you information will not further endanger my charges.”

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Chelaxian) gunslinger (musket master) 2/evoker 2 | hp 29 | AC 14 T 14 FF 10 | CMD 17 | F +5 R +7 W +6 | Spd 30' | Init +3 | Kn(Arc, Eng, Geo, Loc, Nat, Nob, Pla, Rel) +7, Perc +8, Scrft +7, SensM +2 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Grit 2/2

Thaia's posture stiffens, her eyes narrow and she (Charisma 8, Intimidate +7) looks ready to speak....

Dark Archive

female Human (Varisian) Hedge Witch 3 | HP 11/18 | AC 13 Touch 12 FF 11 | Fort +3 Ref +3 Will +4 | Init +2 | Perception +1 (+3 with familiar)

How many day were we travelling? Majal spends one charge from her wand of endure elements for each of them - she got enough of the heat and wants to wear her usual attire!
I have also made clear in my sheet what equipment Majal carries in her clothes, backpack and saddlebags. I hope she was able to take her trusty horse with her on the boats!

Using her newly aquired wand, thanks to a shady old half-orc witch she met with in a back alley, Majal made sure her journey would be free of heatstroke and sweaty scars. She was able to put all of the many layers of her clothing back on, becoming something of a walking pile of laundry. Covered in many colorful stripes, many emroided with varisian glyphs, she looks like an old fortuneteller.
Fittingly, she did take her time to consult her crystal ball and harrow deck before embarking on the journey, getting a mixed message that could mean many things - as usual. She also offered this service to all of her companions, but made sure to only give pretty meaningless predictions - "I see thunder and smoke" "fire and crimson" "You will meet a new friend" and simillar, the first two mostly in regard to the accompanying gunslingers and alchemist.

Entering the room, goat in tow, Majal eyes the lanky Garundi very suspiciously. "Aspis, huh? Can't say I'm happy to see those skuns around here." Once she has made her distaste very clear, she looks the Praetor in the eyes with a wicked smile.
"I can assure you, good man, that very capable folk have arrived to get your trouble sorted. If the kobolds were roused by our missing friend, it is clear we would have to deal with the problem anyway when we go to his rescue. And if you don't want us staying - no problem! We don't want either, we will gladly move on towards whatever trouble is the source of this."

GM:
I'm using the 1/adventure boon "Timelost Chronicler" to get a +1 bonus on the diplocamy roll.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 4 + 1 = 22
Feel free to Aid, folks ;)

Dark Archive

Female Dwarf Inquisitor (Iconoclast) 4 HP 32/39 | AC 17, T 10, FF 17 | Fort +8, Ref +2, Will +8 (+3 vs poison, +5 vs spells/SLA's, +2 vs magic items) | Init +3 | Perception +10, Darkvision 60 ft. Judgement: 2/2. Spells: 1st 2/4, 2nd 2/2. Recall 2/3. Active conditions: none.

Charisma 10, Intimidate +5. Seems we're quite 'forceful', aren't we? ;)

Yndra looks surprised as they make their way through the outpost. She hasn't been a Pathfinder very long and hasn't had to deal with prejudice against the Society. What was Sharrowsmith up to? He must have left a really bad impression here...

As Graxzos opens his mouth and bullies the officer, she's about to scold him when she notices that his words seem to have effect. While they're being led into the garrison, she gives him a whispered rebuke. "That's no way to behave to strangers, hothead. Don't you see we're barely wanted here, as it is? Now be a good boy and behave in front of the praetor!" (While she hates others being rude, she seems to have no problem with regard to her own behaviour).

Hearing the praetor explain the situation, her suspicions are concerned, although not in the way she had expected. Inciting kobolds? What in the name of Nethys was Sharrowsmith up to?! Noticing Thaia and her stubborn gaze, Yndra is glad to hear Majal speak up. Thank you, Majal. That one would surely have ruined everything. She doesn't seem wholly convinced, though. Hard facts and truth, he wanted?

"Ahem, allow me to explain further, please." Explain what, exactly...? "It seems Miss Allehe was right to send us here, she was worried about the Venture-Captain's behaviour." Yndra fumbles her way forward, as she tries to keep it short and to the point. "We know this garrison is important to the trade of this region. Mining, and such. I assure you that the Society would never condone anything that would cause instability. Since it's caused by our Venture-Captain, we should be allowed to fix this. Sharrowsmith might react favorable to us, and we'll get to the bottom of this quickly. Sending in the Aspis Consortium might only spark more aggresion and make things worse. Besides, with mining and kobolds involved, aren't I and my companion," - she points to Grax - "well-suited to tackle this problem?"

Diplomacy, Aid another: 1d20 ⇒ 13

The Exchange

Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Gunslinger (Pistolero) 4/Urban Barbarian 1
Vital Stats:
Current HP: 43/44 | AC/T/FF: 18/15/13 [+1 w/shield, +1 when adj. to 2 foes] | Fort +8 Ref +9 Will +4 | SR 10 | Perception +2 | Current Grit: 0/2 | Remaining Rage: 1/5

When Graxzos hears the imprecations against the Pathfinder Society, his eyebrow quirks. When he learns of the man's allegiance, though, he nods sagely, as though much has been explained. To Praetor Sylien, he adds (puffing his chest out when Yndra includes him in the ranks of Dwarven Problem Solvers), "Oh yeh, if it's jus' kobols yeh need killed, I'd think we're the folks fer the job! We got more firepower 'tween us than some armies." He grins bearishly, looking enthusiastic. "D'ye have any idea what Sharrowsmith did to get that lot riled up? Musta been somethin' fierce, all right..."

Aid Another (Diplomacy): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

As the others continue to ply the Praetor for information, Graxzos beckons Valacosti over to him and retreats to a secluded corner. If Sylien starts giving info immediately, this conversation can happen right before we leave.

"So, Mr. Valacosti, is it?" the dwarf says with a grin. "I imagine the Aspis is pretty riled up about this whole mess, eh? Hahaha! But I need to tell you...there's opportunity to be had here, fer you and me and like-minded individuals. The Pathfinder Society ain't so righteous as some folks like to put it out, and we don' have any quarrel with the Aspis engagin' in the great work o' trade less'n it interferes wit' our ability to go out and find new an' excitin' things. So...I'm curious whether ye're interested, fer yerself or as a proxy o' the Corporation, in joinin' up with me to import some arms up here. I got a caravan o' weaponry comin' into Nantambu soon, and it'd be a cinch to bring 'em up here and sell the goods to kobold-fearin' men an' women up here. At standard discounts to official agents of the Corporation, o' course!" He adds hastily. "But there's money t'be made here off the merchants in this instability, I'm sure yeh see that..." He winks slyly. "An' even if the Corporation don't, I'm more'n willin' to cut you in."

Trying to fulfill a faction journal card goal ("Recruit a named NPC...to cooperate with the Exchange"). Here goes!

Diplomacy DC 17: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Chelaxian) gunslinger (musket master) 2/evoker 2 | hp 29 | AC 14 T 14 FF 10 | CMD 17 | F +5 R +7 W +6 | Spd 30' | Init +3 | Kn(Arc, Eng, Geo, Loc, Nat, Nob, Pla, Rel) +7, Perc +8, Scrft +7, SensM +2 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Grit 2/2
Majal wrote:
Fittingly, she did take her time to consult her crystal ball and harrow deck before embarking on the journey, getting a mixed message that could mean many things - as usual. She also offered this service to all of her companions, but made sure to only give pretty meaningless predictions - "I see thunder and smoke" "fire and crimson" "You will meet a new friend" and simillar, the first two mostly in regard to the accompanying gunslingers and alchemist.

"Yes, yes, but what of the textile markets in Oppara?"

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Chelaxian) gunslinger (musket master) 2/evoker 2 | hp 29 | AC 14 T 14 FF 10 | CMD 17 | F +5 R +7 W +6 | Spd 30' | Init +3 | Kn(Arc, Eng, Geo, Loc, Nat, Nob, Pla, Rel) +7, Perc +8, Scrft +7, SensM +2 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Grit 2/2

At the meeting with the Praetor she looks on indignantly.

Diplomacy (Deal with them. You don't want to deal with me.): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10

Dark Archive

female Human (Varisian) Hedge Witch 3 | HP 11/18 | AC 13 Touch 12 FF 11 | Fort +3 Ref +3 Will +4 | Init +2 | Perception +1 (+3 with familiar)

Overhearing Graxzos' talk with the Aspis agent, Majal's features darken and her face becomes quite grim. She stares disapprovingly at the dwarf, as if blinking was an overvalued pasttime.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

You figure the trip was 1 day down river, 2 days paddling up river and 2 days hiking in the lower hills to the fort. 5 Days total for the trip.

Praetor Sylien is impressed with your diplomatic approach and continues to address your group.

There will be a serious of questions. Pick who will make the response and who is assisting on each of these "tests" by the Fort's Leader. Use ooc to coordinate your response and then have the appropriate person roll and assists marked as such with the roll.

"First, in order to receive the information you request, I need you to clearly and concisely demonstrate your group’s familiarity with the area."


DC 15 Knowledge (geography, local, or nature) or Survival check. Who is leading, and who assisting? There are bonuses for strong arguements, so role play factors into the roll.

The Exchange

Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Gunslinger (Pistolero) 4/Urban Barbarian 1
Vital Stats:
Current HP: 43/44 | AC/T/FF: 18/15/13 [+1 w/shield, +1 when adj. to 2 foes] | Fort +8 Ref +9 Will +4 | SR 10 | Perception +2 | Current Grit: 0/2 | Remaining Rage: 1/5

Grax has a +3 to Knowledge (Local); probably good to assist, unless that happens to be the highest?

Liberty's Edge

stats:
Current HP: 17/17 | AC/T/FF: 16/14/13 | Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +0 | Perception +7 (+8vs traps); DD +9 (+10vs traps+magical), Low light | Current Bombs: 7/7

I am qualified in none of those, but my +3 int could be useful in an aid.

Dark Archive

female Human (Varisian) Hedge Witch 3 | HP 11/18 | AC 13 Touch 12 FF 11 | Fort +3 Ref +3 Will +4 | Init +2 | Perception +1 (+3 with familiar)

Got +4 local, +7 nature, +4 survival - I suppose I'll do the nature roll then. Also, can we assist with knowledge rolls here? normally impossible.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

assists can be applied to non-knowledge rolls like diplomacy or survival or heal checks etc. you can pick which type and apply assists to rolls that allow them. .

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Chelaxian) gunslinger (musket master) 2/evoker 2 | hp 29 | AC 14 T 14 FF 10 | CMD 17 | F +5 R +7 W +6 | Spd 30' | Init +3 | Kn(Arc, Eng, Geo, Loc, Nat, Nob, Pla, Rel) +7, Perc +8, Scrft +7, SensM +2 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Grit 2/2

The only one of those skills that I have at any better is Survival +6 which folks can aid with normally depending on the exact nature of the roll.

Dark Archive

Female Dwarf Inquisitor (Iconoclast) 4 HP 32/39 | AC 17, T 10, FF 17 | Fort +8, Ref +2, Will +8 (+3 vs poison, +5 vs spells/SLA's, +2 vs magic items) | Init +3 | Perception +10, Darkvision 60 ft. Judgement: 2/2. Spells: 1st 2/4, 2nd 2/2. Recall 2/3. Active conditions: none.

I'm not qualified in any of those, but I noticed that Grax is also quite good at Survival. That would make it a good pick, since many people might assist. I'm at Survival +3, due to Wisdom. I might hesitate to suggest this one in-character, since it would rely on Thaia and Grax talking. :P

The alternative is Knowledge Nature for Majal. No assists there, but I can give her a reroll at +3. That takes some of the risk off relying on a single roll.

The Exchange

Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Gunslinger (Pistolero) 4/Urban Barbarian 1
Vital Stats:
Current HP: 43/44 | AC/T/FF: 18/15/13 [+1 w/shield, +1 when adj. to 2 foes] | Fort +8 Ref +9 Will +4 | SR 10 | Perception +2 | Current Grit: 0/2 | Remaining Rage: 1/5

I'd forgotten about Grax's Survival. He can try to lead with that if preferred (it's +7, so pretty high). As long as the Praetor is just looking for whether or not we know what we're doing, that should be ok. Assists are always good, too. :P

Dark Archive

Female Dwarf Inquisitor (Iconoclast) 4 HP 32/39 | AC 17, T 10, FF 17 | Fort +8, Ref +2, Will +8 (+3 vs poison, +5 vs spells/SLA's, +2 vs magic items) | Init +3 | Perception +10, Darkvision 60 ft. Judgement: 2/2. Spells: 1st 2/4, 2nd 2/2. Recall 2/3. Active conditions: none.

Alright. Put me up in favor of using Survival, with Grax leading and Thaia (and the rest) assisting.

-Posted with Wayfinder

Dark Archive

female Human (Varisian) Hedge Witch 3 | HP 11/18 | AC 13 Touch 12 FF 11 | Fort +3 Ref +3 Will +4 | Init +2 | Perception +1 (+3 with familiar)

So should we just start rolling then?
Majal: Local, Nature; Yndra reroll
Sapper: Geography - untrained, but can get DC 10 at least ;)
Graxz: Survival; Thaia aiding (or all aiding if allowed)

Dark Archive

Female Dwarf Inquisitor (Iconoclast) 4 HP 32/39 | AC 17, T 10, FF 17 | Fort +8, Ref +2, Will +8 (+3 vs poison, +5 vs spells/SLA's, +2 vs magic items) | Init +3 | Perception +10, Darkvision 60 ft. Judgement: 2/2. Spells: 1st 2/4, 2nd 2/2. Recall 2/3. Active conditions: none.

As far as I understand, we will have to pick one skill to use for an answer.

-Posted with Wayfinder

Dark Archive

female Human (Varisian) Hedge Witch 3 | HP 11/18 | AC 13 Touch 12 FF 11 | Fort +3 Ref +3 Will +4 | Init +2 | Perception +1 (+3 with familiar)

Then Survival, with everyone helping out ;)

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Chelaxian) gunslinger (musket master) 2/evoker 2 | hp 29 | AC 14 T 14 FF 10 | CMD 17 | F +5 R +7 W +6 | Spd 30' | Init +3 | Kn(Arc, Eng, Geo, Loc, Nat, Nob, Pla, Rel) +7, Perc +8, Scrft +7, SensM +2 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Grit 2/2

If one must.

Survival (aid another): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Liberty's Edge

stats:
Current HP: 17/17 | AC/T/FF: 16/14/13 | Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +0 | Perception +7 (+8vs traps); DD +9 (+10vs traps+magical), Low light | Current Bombs: 7/7

aid: 1d20 ⇒ 17

The Exchange

Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Gunslinger (Pistolero) 4/Urban Barbarian 1
Vital Stats:
Current HP: 43/44 | AC/T/FF: 18/15/13 [+1 w/shield, +1 when adj. to 2 foes] | Fort +8 Ref +9 Will +4 | SR 10 | Perception +2 | Current Grit: 0/2 | Remaining Rage: 1/5

Survival: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 2 + 2 = 14

Of course. If anyone else wants to throw assists in there, that'd probably be good....

"Well, if yeh're askin' do we know what we're gettin' into here, sure do!" Graxzos chimes in brashly. "Bandu Hills got a reputation after all. They're hot! And I think I heard somethin' about ghosts...?" He trails off, muttering to himself.

Dark Archive

Female Dwarf Inquisitor (Iconoclast) 4 HP 32/39 | AC 17, T 10, FF 17 | Fort +8, Ref +2, Will +8 (+3 vs poison, +5 vs spells/SLA's, +2 vs magic items) | Init +3 | Perception +10, Darkvision 60 ft. Judgement: 2/2. Spells: 1st 2/4, 2nd 2/2. Recall 2/3. Active conditions: none.

Survival, aid another: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Nope.

Dark Archive

female Human (Varisian) Hedge Witch 3 | HP 11/18 | AC 13 Touch 12 FF 11 | Fort +3 Ref +3 Will +4 | Init +2 | Perception +1 (+3 with familiar)

Survival, aid another: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

'tis not Varisia after all!


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Graxzos = 14+2+2+2 for 2 assists and prior knowledge rolls by Graxzos

Praetor Sylien nods in agreement with Graxzos's comment, as far as he can understand it. (It helps there are alot of dwarf miners in the fort)

However, Valacosti grows increasingly incensed as you explain your case.

“Sharrowsmith professed an intimate understanding of the region and its delicate balance of power as well, and behold the results:
dozens dead, dozens more missing, kobolds attacking our mining operations, and people living in fear of the next raid.
Praetor, with all due respect, you cannot allow these Pathfinders to exacerbate an already delicate situation.”

The praetor remains patient.
“Amersanus makes a good point. Sharrowsmith was a well-read and knowledgeable man, yet he disappeared in
these jungles and caused damage we’re only beginning to feel the impact of thanks to the local kobold tribes.
How is your expedition different?
Do you have the necessary strength to survive in this environment where so many others cannot?
Show me that those weapons and spellbooks you carry are not just for show.”


One PC should attempt a caster level check, combat maneuver check, or Spellcraft check to display some of the magical or martial prowess the group possesses. Encourage them to be creative in their display and encourage the PCs to roleplay the demonstration.

Dark Archive

Female Dwarf Inquisitor (Iconoclast) 4 HP 32/39 | AC 17, T 10, FF 17 | Fort +8, Ref +2, Will +8 (+3 vs poison, +5 vs spells/SLA's, +2 vs magic items) | Init +3 | Perception +10, Darkvision 60 ft. Judgement: 2/2. Spells: 1st 2/4, 2nd 2/2. Recall 2/3. Active conditions: none.

I'm a bit hesitant to suggest it (because of the negative image that firearms might have for being unreliable) but could we maybe organize a shooting demonstration? Seems natural with two gunslingers in the party.

-Posted with Wayfinder

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Chelaxian) gunslinger (musket master) 2/evoker 2 | hp 29 | AC 14 T 14 FF 10 | CMD 17 | F +5 R +7 W +6 | Spd 30' | Init +3 | Kn(Arc, Eng, Geo, Loc, Nat, Nob, Pla, Rel) +7, Perc +8, Scrft +7, SensM +2 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Grit 2/2

Taking aim at a kobold wanted poster just above and behind Mr Valacosti, Thaia suddenly raises her musket and fires without warning, hopefully putting a hole between the eyes of the cartoon kobold. Though mistakes can happen.

musket: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

"Satisfied?"


Forged Map | Rebels Map

A shooting demonstration outside the office may be well received. Generally he is wanting some other skill besides an attack roll.

Valacosti does not hide a wry grin.

However, Sylien doesn’t respond favorably to destruction of fort property.

"Please do not discharge firearms in my office again or I will have you all ejected from this fort...permanently."

A couple of guards look into the office with crossbows ready. Sylien dismisses them.

"Continue. Unless shooting walls at close range is your only skill.

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Chelaxian) gunslinger (musket master) 2/evoker 2 | hp 29 | AC 14 T 14 FF 10 | CMD 17 | F +5 R +7 W +6 | Spd 30' | Init +3 | Kn(Arc, Eng, Geo, Loc, Nat, Nob, Pla, Rel) +7, Perc +8, Scrft +7, SensM +2 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Grit 2/2
GM Aarvid wrote:

A shooting demonstration outside the office may be well received. Generally he is wanting some other skill besides an attack roll.

Valacosti does not hide a wry grin.

However, Sylien doesn’t respond favorably to destruction of fort property.

"Please do not discharge firearms in my office again or I will have you all ejected from this fort...permanently."

A couple of guards look into the office with crossbows ready. Sylien dismisses them.

"Continue. Unless shooting walls at close range is your only skill.

Sorry. I was going by the map and though we were still outside.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

No worries, they do not have a map of the fort nor the office, so I improvised. But yes, in an office/porch type area based on the description.

Quote:


The praetor’s office building, a modest and utilitarian space comprised of several tables and a handful of half-stocked bookshelves.
A war table featuring a map of the Bandu Hills region sits prominently in the center of the room, and three tall windows nearby let in a great deal of natural light.

He is looking for something other than attack rolls. The skill challenges are a bit odd mechanically, but should be over fairly quick.

Dark Archive

Female Dwarf Inquisitor (Iconoclast) 4 HP 32/39 | AC 17, T 10, FF 17 | Fort +8, Ref +2, Will +8 (+3 vs poison, +5 vs spells/SLA's, +2 vs magic items) | Init +3 | Perception +10, Darkvision 60 ft. Judgement: 2/2. Spells: 1st 2/4, 2nd 2/2. Recall 2/3. Active conditions: none.

I'm kind of stumped on ideas. Anyone else?

-Posted with Wayfinder

The Exchange

Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Gunslinger (Pistolero) 4/Urban Barbarian 1
Vital Stats:
Current HP: 43/44 | AC/T/FF: 18/15/13 [+1 w/shield, +1 when adj. to 2 foes] | Fort +8 Ref +9 Will +4 | SR 10 | Perception +2 | Current Grit: 0/2 | Remaining Rage: 1/5

I could try an intimidate check...?

Liberty's Edge

stats:
Current HP: 17/17 | AC/T/FF: 16/14/13 | Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +0 | Perception +7 (+8vs traps); DD +9 (+10vs traps+magical), Low light | Current Bombs: 7/7

I really don't have the ability to do any of the described checks. Craft Alchemy to produce a something impressive, taking 10 for a 22?

Dark Archive

female Human (Varisian) Hedge Witch 3 | HP 11/18 | AC 13 Touch 12 FF 11 | Fort +3 Ref +3 Will +4 | Init +2 | Perception +1 (+3 with familiar)

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

With a mad cackle, Majal looks towards those guards with the drawn crossbows. Mere seconds later, one of them drops his weapon and she says to him with a motherly voice and a disarming smile:
"Sweetheart, would you make this poor old lady a nice tea? I think this would be mostly delicious. And while you are at it, a neck rub would be much appreciated first."

Then, once the man begins his work on her shoulders, she looks towards the one in charge.
"Satisfied, Praetor? We have more tricks than just the foolishness and of trigger-happy young girls and stubborn dwarfs. I'm sure this can end without a bloodbath."

The Aspis representant only earns a venom-filled gaze.

I took some liberties with Majal's charm hex here ;)
Shouldn't work long enough for him to actually fetch tea - unless he decides there are worse things than helping an old lady

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Chelaxian) gunslinger (musket master) 2/evoker 2 | hp 29 | AC 14 T 14 FF 10 | CMD 17 | F +5 R +7 W +6 | Spd 30' | Init +3 | Kn(Arc, Eng, Geo, Loc, Nat, Nob, Pla, Rel) +7, Perc +8, Scrft +7, SensM +2 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Grit 2/2

Perhaps we could build a giant wooden badger? Oh I've got one, it involves thinking out side the box, assuming the hex doesn't work.

"While we may be a lot of moving parts we can network ourselves together and by leveraging our individual core-competencies we should be able to reach out to the kobolds (and anyone else) and come to an a mutual understanding. I don't expect everyone one here to drink the healing potion without running it up the flag pole first, but by each of us employing our best practices we should be able to give 110% and thereby move the needle on this project. The adventuring party model is after all a vertically scalable ecosystem with each of us contributing value to empower one another toward a final beneficial price point with very little out of pocket buy-in on your part. Really, it all comes down to strong organizational values to reach a solution and then take it to the next level."

She pulls out a few scrolls with pie charts and the top 15% of a few bar graphs to illustrate her points using 110% as her base-line calculations modifier. She introduces each of her companions in turn, having them make a small presentation of their knowledge and skills (including her retainers) and what their expected contributions will be and how it will positively effect the bottom line. She points out any positive references and minimizes any liabilities she thinks might prevent them from ending up in the black. At last she comes up with a figure of 150% return on investment in the group's effort over Sharrowsmith's individual attempt.

Profession (merchant): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

And now to the Power Point Presentation.

Two hours later (and five cat videos later)....

"Now, are you satisfied?"


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Majal's display of spells is sufficient for this second challenge.

“Is this supposed to make an impression?”

Valacosti is quick to dismiss the display of power.

“If you think this situation can be solved at the point of a sword or by brandishing some hedge wizardry, you’re as ignorant as your predecessor.
These Pathfinders will rush headlong into the jungle and slaughter the kobold tribe, creating a power vacuum among the other tribes and only worsen this disaster.”

Again, the praetor tries to remain impartial, though it is clear his patience is waning.

“Once more I find myself seeing reason in Valacosti’ words. Strength of arms is all well and good, but this is a situation that also requires a certain amount of finesse.
How do I know I trust you to handle this situation with a level head and a delicate touch when necessary?”


Forged Map | Rebels Map

For the next challenge, discuss skills or artfully dismissing the praetor’s concerns. Have one PC attempt a DC 16 Bluff, Diplomacy, Knowledge (history), or Sleight of Hand check to impress the praetor.

Dark Archive

Female Dwarf Inquisitor (Iconoclast) 4 HP 32/39 | AC 17, T 10, FF 17 | Fort +8, Ref +2, Will +8 (+3 vs poison, +5 vs spells/SLA's, +2 vs magic items) | Init +3 | Perception +10, Darkvision 60 ft. Judgement: 2/2. Spells: 1st 2/4, 2nd 2/2. Recall 2/3. Active conditions: none.

Yndra's eyes seem ready to shoot daggers at Thaia's sudden shot with her musket, but luckily Majal intervenes before she can say something. It seems the Praetor coulld forgive us for using his guard as 'test subject'. Another gamble...

She's silent at the praetor's next question, looking around their group. Level head and a delicate touch? Hah!

Oh boy...

I'm not trained in any of those skills. Anyone else?

Dark Archive

female Human (Varisian) Hedge Witch 3 | HP 11/18 | AC 13 Touch 12 FF 11 | Fort +3 Ref +3 Will +4 | Init +2 | Perception +1 (+3 with familiar)

How about Bluff +10? ;)

Majal snickers - all the while enjoying her massage.
"My dear Praetor. I have seem much in my life and learned very fast that the easy and obvious path often leads too unnecessary destruction and violence. You see, I know kobolds quite well actually." She sighs, as if deeply in thought, then continues.

"Actually, I have adopted one some twenty years ago. His name was Flik, poor little guy. We found him when he was trying to steal some of our food, he was nothing but a husk then, almost starved to death." she supresses a tear and must center herself before speaking any further.
"Little Flik never knew his parents - they got killed by a bunch of Aspis folk, trying to get their filthy hands on the kobold priest's crown! And they even sold the young ones as slaves in Riddleport!" She stands up, bashes her walking staff against the floor with a loud thock and gazes upon the Aspis agent in the room with pure hatred in her eyes.
"Never even learned his mother's tongue. We caught the creature easily as he couldn't even outrun my wee granddaughter in his state. Some of our caravan were about to kill him, but I stopped them. I saw the fear in his eyes and took him in, fed him, bathed him and made sure he learned how to properly behave. My daughters even taught him how to properly steal food! Ha!" The old woman almost bursts into laughter, reliving that memory.
"I tell you, while I don't know their language and culture, I know a kobold's mind better than you propably know the mind of another human. After all, raising one of them and being mother to 7 and grandmother to more than that skunk could count" - she points at Valacosti - "I have quite the people skills. Don't you think honey?" she looks up into the charmed guard's eyes with a broad smile, then back to the Praetor.
"We will get along quite well, we and those kobolds, I can tell you that!"

Bluff: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

Which part of the story is the bluff shall remain a mystery ;)

Dark Archive

Female Dwarf Inquisitor (Iconoclast) 4 HP 32/39 | AC 17, T 10, FF 17 | Fort +8, Ref +2, Will +8 (+3 vs poison, +5 vs spells/SLA's, +2 vs magic items) | Init +3 | Perception +10, Darkvision 60 ft. Judgement: 2/2. Spells: 1st 2/4, 2nd 2/2. Recall 2/3. Active conditions: none.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Yndra stares with open mouth as Majal weaves her story. Adopted a kobold? Why didn't she say so in the first place?!

Majal, I hope you didn't mean to say you were mother to 7 kobolds. "...raising one of them and being mother to 7". :P

Dark Archive

female Human (Varisian) Hedge Witch 3 | HP 11/18 | AC 13 Touch 12 FF 11 | Fort +3 Ref +3 Will +4 | Init +2 | Perception +1 (+3 with familiar)

One can never be sure ;)

The Exchange

Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Gunslinger (Pistolero) 4/Urban Barbarian 1
Vital Stats:
Current HP: 43/44 | AC/T/FF: 18/15/13 [+1 w/shield, +1 when adj. to 2 foes] | Fort +8 Ref +9 Will +4 | SR 10 | Perception +2 | Current Grit: 0/2 | Remaining Rage: 1/5

Graxzos (wisely) keeps his mouth shut while Majal does her magic and spins her story.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

It helps that he's completely spellbound. By the sand and stones, it sounds like this Majal really does know kobolds...I knew she'd be a valuable partner! Must make sure to talk to her after this and see if she wants in for real...

Liberty's Edge

stats:
Current HP: 17/17 | AC/T/FF: 16/14/13 | Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +0 | Perception +7 (+8vs traps); DD +9 (+10vs traps+magical), Low light | Current Bombs: 7/7

Sapper listens with rapt attention to the tale. This lady must have some crazy stories to tell!


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Visibly frustrated, Valacosti appeals one last time to Sylien.

“Praetor. I implore you, send these Pathfinders back from where they came from. This is neither the place nor the time for their presence. For the sake of the people of Fort Bandu, do not let them worsen this situation.”

With reluctance, the praetor acknowledges the Pathfinders with a slow nod. Then, after a brief glance to Valacosti, he appears ready to make his decision.

Now time for a final diplomatic plea on how well you made your case or to counter Valacosti's comments.

The Exchange

Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Gunslinger (Pistolero) 4/Urban Barbarian 1
Vital Stats:
Current HP: 43/44 | AC/T/FF: 18/15/13 [+1 w/shield, +1 when adj. to 2 foes] | Fort +8 Ref +9 Will +4 | SR 10 | Perception +2 | Current Grit: 0/2 | Remaining Rage: 1/5

Graxzos snorts audibly. "I like yeh well enough, Mr. Valacosti, but I think yeh got the wrong idea in yer head here."

Diplomacy Aid Another: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

It comes out a lot harsher than he intends it...

51 to 100 of 1,052 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PbP GameDay 4: GM Aarvid PFS 6-12 Scions of the Sky KeyPart 1 [1-5] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.