Of Kings and Commoners - Kingmaker AP

Game Master RPGGGM

With the heart of the Stolen Lands explored and the bandits who ruled there scattered, the long-contested realm finally lies open for pioneers and settlers to stake their claims.:
Amid the rush of opportunistic travelers, the PCs find themselves stewards over a new domain, tasked with the responsibility of guiding and guarding a fledgling nation struggling to grow upon a treacherous borderland. Yet the threats to this new nation quickly prove themselves greater than mere bandits and wild beasts, as the monstrous natives of the hills and forests rampage forth to slaughter all who have trespassed upon their territory. Can the PCs hold the land they’ve fought so hard to explore and tame? Or will their legend be just one more lost to the fangs of the Stolen Lands?

The NEW Charter! | NEW Avalon (test) | NEW Party Loot (test) | The Trading Post | Regional Map Folio | Tactical Map Folio


12,201 to 12,250 of 12,432 << first < prev | 239 | 240 | 241 | 242 | 243 | 244 | 245 | 246 | 247 | 248 | 249 | next > last >>

Female Half-elf Paladin 3/Cleric of Sarenrae 2 || HP 45/45 (45/45 nonlethal) || AC 22/10 Tch/22 FF || F+12 R+5 W+14 || CMB +6 CMD 16/16 FF || Init +0 || Perception +6, low-light vision

Serena double moves towards the melee, anxious to get into combat, but knowing that riding her horse is much quicker than running.


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region |
Zokon Santyev wrote:
"We are here to help, why would a bandit go anywhere near Worgs, those things are dangerous."

"The worgs are running off! You might be opportunists!" shouts the shepherd as Zokon's arrow finds its mark in the back of one of the big wolves. The arrow doesn't seem to slow it down though.

Illthir Winlowe wrote:
Anything on the glitter bomb version 2?

I thought I had already rolled that somewhere.

dice:
pink: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

gray: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
n sheep: 1d20 ⇒ 19
e sheep: 1d20 ⇒ 4
w sheep: 1d20 ⇒ 4

On of the worgs (pink) howls and paws at it's eyes as sparkles fall upon the knot of worgs and sheep to the east, while the other larger one is merely bedazzled in mica glitter. The two hindmost fleeing sheep bleat in terror as they are blinded as well.

"What's she done to my sheep!" yells the angry shepherd.

Serena Mistcastle wrote:
Serena double moves towards the melee, anxious to get into combat, but knowing that riding her horse is much quicker than running.

There isn't a melee as such at present. Just several wolves herding sheep off in three directions.


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region |

Round 4! (Theme ♬)
The Bold May Act!
_________________
__ Balzeros
__ Alia

__ Zokon
__ Serena
__ Illthir
__ Fergus
__ Durgan
__ Worgs! green -26 hp, bedazzled; yellow bedazzled; pink blind, bedazzled; grey bedazzled; yellow -10 hp
__ Erevenywg
__ Ilvah
__ Shepherd
__ Sheepdogs
__ Sheep all shaken; 2/3 of the sheep in the NW blind, bedazzled

Map updated


Status: | Hp 35/35 | AC 18/12/16 [17/11/15] | Uncanny Dodge | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +6 [+8/+4/+8]; +4 vs non-lethal cold, sonic, bard or language dependent | CMD 18 | Init +8 | Per +11; low-light vision | Sense Motive +15 |
Inspired Rage:
+2 Str/Con, +2 Will, -1 AC, rage limitations; lesser Spirit Totem: +7 1d4+4 negative energy

"Trying to stop them from running away you hostile pumpkin!" Illthir yells back at the, in her mind, quite ungrateful shepherd. But perhaps he didn't actually want help?

Blinded:
The creature cannot see. It takes a –2 penalty to Armor Class, loses its Dexterity bonus to AC (if any), and takes a –4 penalty on most Strength– and Dexterity-based skill checks and on opposed Perception skill checks. All checks and activities that rely on vision (such as reading and Perception checks based on sight) automatically fail. All opponents are considered to have total concealment (50% miss chance) against the blinded character. Blind creatures must make a DC 10 Acrobatics skill check to move faster than half speed. Creatures that fail this check fall prone. Characters who remain blinded for a long time grow accustomed to these drawbacks and can overcome some of them.

Gunning for that acrobatics check and some sheep/worgs falling over :)


Female Half-elf Paladin 3/Cleric of Sarenrae 2 || HP 45/45 (45/45 nonlethal) || AC 22/10 Tch/22 FF || F+12 R+5 W+14 || CMB +6 CMD 16/16 FF || Init +0 || Perception +6, low-light vision

Serena continues to bear down, hoping to follow the group going north.


Arcane Pool 2/4 | HP: 25/36 HP | AC: 17 / T: 13 / FF: 14 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | M. Touch: +6, R. Touch: +6 | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | Init: +3, Perception: +9 |

Moving another 50 feet actually puts me on the map...or, if I spur the mount, further. Since Zokon just managed to arrow one of them: Can I also fire from here? If so, I'd do so, if not, I'll move further forward.


Male
statuses:
mage armor
Image of Fergus Dwarf Wizard 5 | AC:12(16)[20] T:12[16] FF:10(14)[18] | CMD:17 | hp: 45/45 | Fort:+6(+5) Ref:+3(+5) Will:+6(+5) | Spd 20' | Init +3 | Perc: +3, SensM:+4 |darkvision

Fergus gives a quick lean over to look down at the shepherd.

If we wanted your ship friend, we wouldn't worry about pretending to help. Before he storms off behind Durgan.

double move towards worg.


Human Grasping Vine of the Wood 5| HP: 29/41 | AC: 20 [24] T: 12 FF: 18 CMD: 15 | F+3 R+3 W+9 | 20' | Init +2 | Perception +24, SensM +5, Nature/Planes/Spellcraft +10
Tracked Resources:
1st 2+1/5+1, 2nd 1+0/3+1, 3rd 2+1/2+1; Extend 0/3; SwP 2/2 +1 Suggestion

I'll gladly take another turn, GM, but I've already gone! :)


Arcane Pool 2/4 | HP: 25/36 HP | AC: 17 / T: 13 / FF: 14 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | M. Touch: +6, R. Touch: +6 | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | Init: +3, Perception: +9 |

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20 Miss chance?: 1d100 ⇒ 40
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
For simplicity, I'll include an attack - if I do have a target, she'll shoot, otherwise she'll move closer to the shepherd as well.
That way you can resolve without waiting on me.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region |
Illthir Winlowe wrote:
"Trying to stop them from running away you hostile pumpkin!" Illthir yells back at the, in her mind, quite ungrateful shepherd. But perhaps he didn't actually want help?

"THEY'RE ALL SPANGLED NOW!" complains the shepherd. "I CAN'T SELL WOOL WITH SPANGLY BITS INNIT!"

Balzeros of the Narl wrote:
I'll gladly take another turn, GM, but I've already gone! :)

Sorry. I missed you among all the beards on that side of the map!

Balzeros' hurled fire spanks off one of the worgs causing it to jump and howl. It bites at it's flank to try and quash the flame.

Fergus Bouldershoulder Ironmug wrote:

Fergus gives a quick lean over to look down at the shepherd.

If we wanted your ship friend, we wouldn't worry about pretending to help.

"AGH! HILL GIANTS! BIG GALUMPHING HILL GIANTS!" cries the shepherd.

Alia of the Blade wrote:
Moving another 50 feet actually puts me on the map...or, if I spur the mount, further. Since Zokon just managed to arrow one of them: Can I also fire from here? If so, I'd do so, if not, I'll move further forward.

Alia can shoot from the bottom of the map. There's a fair amount of cover (beyond trees) for most of the worgs. Her best shot would be against Gray or Pink. 1d2 ⇒ 2 Pink!

Alia's arrow flies true string the blind wolf in the flank.

Serena Mistcastle wrote:
Serena continues to bear down, hoping to follow the group going north.

I have to figure out where you are. Gimme a sec.

So Serena racing on horseback through the center of the clearing is about 70' down the yellow (not brick) path, 20' behind the worg driving the sheep ahead of him. The sheep (who move at a speed of 30') are slowing the worg (move 50') down so if the worg continues to drive the sheep she should catch him next round.


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region |

The big grey worg sounds the retreat and the worgs rush off into the forest leaving the frightened sheep running along the paths they were driven down, except the blinded one who hurtles head first into a tree and falls prone.

dice:
pink acrobatics: 1d20 ⇒ 1
sheep acrobatics: 1d20 ⇒ 16
pink will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
sheep will: 1d20 ⇒ 7

Back at the clearing the dogs watch the rest of the flock, and the flock nervously watches everyone else.

At this point if a PC isn't within 100' of a worg in forest they can't see them (total cover).

Round 5! (Theme ♬)
The Bold May Act!
_________________
__ Balzeros
__ Alia
__ Zokon
__ Serena
__ Illthir
__ Fergus
(I'm HUGE!--well Large anyhow.)
__ Durgan
__ Worgs! green -26 hp, bedazzled; yellow bedazzled; pink -9 hp, blind, bedazzled, prone; grey bedazzled; yellow -10 hp; dk red -11 hp
__ Erevenywg
__ Ilvah
__ Shepherd
__ Sheepdogs
__ Sheep all shaken; 2/3 of the sheep in the NW blind, bedazzled

Map updated


"LOOK! SHEEP!"


Status: | Hp 35/35 | AC 18/12/16 [17/11/15] | Uncanny Dodge | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +6 [+8/+4/+8]; +4 vs non-lethal cold, sonic, bard or language dependent | CMD 18 | Init +8 | Per +11; low-light vision | Sense Motive +15 |
Inspired Rage:
+2 Str/Con, +2 Will, -1 AC, rage limitations; lesser Spirit Totem: +7 1d4+4 negative energy

"Well I think they look pretty at least ..." Illthir mumbles to herself, a little insulted that the shepherd didn't like sparkly sheep. With a small sigh she gathered herself and yelled back. "It won't last!"

"Yes Erevenywg - sheep. The nasty worgs wants to steal them though." Pondering what she could do - realizing it probably wasn't terribly much and the sheep-nappers seemed to be fleeing anyhow - she retrieves her sling and flings a bullet after them. "Seems like *someone* scared them off now though!"

Attack!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 Minus range penalties (50' range increment). Targeting Purple if she can still see them, otherwise yellow > green

Damage?: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Shepherd probably wants his sheep back as well? But shepherding is literally what he *does*. the skald ponders briefly and looks around for her horse.


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region |
Illthir Winlowe wrote:

"Yes Erevenywg - sheep. The nasty worgs wants to steal them though." Pondering what she could do - realizing it probably wasn't terribly much and the sheep-nappers seemed to be fleeing anyhow - she retrieves her sling and flings a bullet after them. "Seems like *someone* scared them off now though!"

[Attack!]1d20+5 Minus range penalties (50' range increment). Targeting Purple if she can still see them, otherwise yellow > green

20% miss: 1d100 ⇒ 73

Illthir whips a sling bullet into the forest eliciting no response from the place where the worg fell.


M Dwarf Cleric 5 | HP 46/46 | AC 21 T 13 FF 20 CMD 17 (21 vs Bull Rush, Trip) | F +9 R +4 W +10 (+2 vs spells, SLA, poison) | Mv 40' | Init +1 | Perc +13 (Darkvision) | Channel 3d6 3/3 | Active: Longstrider

Durgan will delay for now.
He sees no reason to charge off into the woods and get separated from the party.


Skills:
Perc:+10|Stealth:+12|Acro+10|Climb/Swim +7|SM+9|Sur+9|Heal+5|KN Dun/Lo +5|Bluff/Diplo/Intim+4|Ride+8||Disguise+6|UMD+2|BGS:Craft:Bow+5|KN Geography +5|Kn Nob +10| Kn Hist +2| Appraise +2| Lore:Kobold +5: Ling:Draconic|Ha +4
HP:50/51|AC:19|T:14|FF:15|CMB:+8|CMD:22|Fort:+8|Ref:+7|Will:+3|Init:+4 | Slayer 3 Fighter WM 2

"Good Shot Alia!"

Zokon moves forward 30ft and fires an arrow at Pink Worg directly ahead going down the path

Comp longbow + deadly aim: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12 damage+da: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13


Human Grasping Vine of the Wood 5| HP: 29/41 | AC: 20 [24] T: 12 FF: 18 CMD: 15 | F+3 R+3 W+9 | 20' | Init +2 | Perception +24, SensM +5, Nature/Planes/Spellcraft +10
Tracked Resources:
1st 2+1/5+1, 2nd 1+0/3+1, 3rd 2+1/2+1; Extend 0/3; SwP 2/2 +1 Suggestion

Balzeros expertly slings another handful of flame at one of the unharmed fleeing Worgs. "That'll give another one of them a reason to stay away!"
________
20% Sadness?: 1d100 ⇒ 58
Produce Flame vs Red (Touch): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 231d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region |
Zokon Santyev wrote:
"Good Shot Alia!"

Better than his this time.

Balzeros of the Narl wrote:
Balzeros expertly slings another handful of flame at one of the unharmed fleeing Worgs. "That'll give another one of them a reason to stay away!"

The worg barks out in pain and panic.


Arcane Pool 2/4 | HP: 25/36 HP | AC: 17 / T: 13 / FF: 14 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | M. Touch: +6, R. Touch: +6 | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | Init: +3, Perception: +9 |

"Thank you, Zo-kun!", Alia responds as she aims another arrow at Pink. It was a good shot, but the erratic movement of the blinded target prevented it from striking a vital area.
Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28 Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9 Damage: 2d8 + 8 ⇒ (5, 7) + 8 = 20
Miss-ery: 1d100 ⇒ 86
As the Worgs retreat deeper into the woods, she stops the horse right next to the central flock and responds to the Shepherd:
"You can't sell any wool of sheeps eaten by Worg, good man. Any temporal inconvenience will be better than permanent loss."


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region |

dice:
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Alia merely grazes the stunned beast with her arrow. A moment later, the worg is up, and off deeper into the woods.

END COMBAT I'm gonna call it here for time's sake.

"Alright! One at a time, or all at once!? I'll take you all on!" cries the defiant shepherd swinging his stave about himself like a great club.

Alia of the Blade wrote:
"You can't sell any wool of sheeps eaten by Worg, good man. Any temporal inconvenience will be better than permanent loss."

"Oooh!? Who says!?" shouts the wound up shepherd.


Skills:
Perc:+10|Stealth:+12|Acro+10|Climb/Swim +7|SM+9|Sur+9|Heal+5|KN Dun/Lo +5|Bluff/Diplo/Intim+4|Ride+8||Disguise+6|UMD+2|BGS:Craft:Bow+5|KN Geography +5|Kn Nob +10| Kn Hist +2| Appraise +2| Lore:Kobold +5: Ling:Draconic|Ha +4
HP:50/51|AC:19|T:14|FF:15|CMB:+8|CMD:22|Fort:+8|Ref:+7|Will:+3|Init:+4 | Slayer 3 Fighter WM 2

"Those were Worgs, I assume the first time you've seen them good shepherd? They probably have a lair around here." he says looking at the erratic farmer to get his attention


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region |

"Of course it's not the first time I've seen them! All winter long there were great big white ones stalking the hills. These mountains are thick with worgs--and sheep rustlers."


Human Grasping Vine of the Wood 5| HP: 29/41 | AC: 20 [24] T: 12 FF: 18 CMD: 15 | F+3 R+3 W+9 | 20' | Init +2 | Perception +24, SensM +5, Nature/Planes/Spellcraft +10
Tracked Resources:
1st 2+1/5+1, 2nd 1+0/3+1, 3rd 2+1/2+1; Extend 0/3; SwP 2/2 +1 Suggestion

"Please, vigilant shepherd, ease your mind! You're no longer in danger," Balzeros says, hoping to calm the man down a bit. Now this is the sort of man I know how to deal with.

"How many heads did you lose just now?"
________
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Arcane Pool 2/4 | HP: 25/36 HP | AC: 17 / T: 13 / FF: 14 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | M. Touch: +6, R. Touch: +6 | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | Init: +3, Perception: +9 |

"I say so, and I do so respectfully. I am not familiar with the local breeds, but where I come from, sheep no longer produce wool after passing through a predators disgestive tract. Smell much worse then, too.", Alia attempts to jest.
Diplomacy(Assist): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Guess not a joke he finds funny. Sorry Balz.


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region |
Balzeros of the Narl wrote:

"Please, vigilant shepherd, ease your mind! You're no longer in danger," Balzeros says, hoping to calm the man down a bit. Now this is the sort of man I know how to deal with.

"How many heads did you lose just now?"

He eyes both his shoulders, before looking around at the sheep and taking count. "Uh, five."

The ones that fled north along the trail and thse that fled east into the wood. The trio who ran to the northwest didn't stray too far as two of them were blinded by glitterdust.

Alia of the Blade wrote:

"I say so, and I do so respectfully. I am not familiar with the local breeds, but where I come from, sheep no longer produce wool after passing through a predators disgestive tract. Smell much worse then, too.", Alia attempts to jest.

[dice=Diplomacy(Assist)]1d20+3
Guess not a joke he finds funny. Sorry Balz.

The shepherd makes a noise as if he were clearing his throat.

"I guess you're not local." he mutters under his breath noticing Alia and Erevenywg seeming for the first time.


Status: | Hp 35/35 | AC 18/12/16 [17/11/15] | Uncanny Dodge | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +6 [+8/+4/+8]; +4 vs non-lethal cold, sonic, bard or language dependent | CMD 18 | Init +8 | Per +11; low-light vision | Sense Motive +15 |
Inspired Rage:
+2 Str/Con, +2 Will, -1 AC, rage limitations; lesser Spirit Totem: +7 1d4+4 negative energy

"At least they're not all sheep-napped." Illthir tries to not think too much about the fate of the poor sheep that was indeed taken. Oh well. At least they had saved some. The skald makes sure to get back to her horse and pets him. Just in case the worgs came back for round 2.

"'The great big white ones' good shepherd? I couldn't help but notice that none of them seemed to have that colour." she asks carefully.


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region |
Illthir Winlowe wrote:
"'The great big white ones' good shepherd? I couldn't help but notice that none of them seemed to have that colour." she asks carefully.

"Really not local then. You saw them all over the place this last winter. Big ones the size of your horse." says the shepherd. "I'll warrant there's nary a goat, or sheep left in the higher pastures."

Illthir's horse, Walker steps gently on Illthir's boot. While pinning her to the earth he waves his great neck and head playfully at her lifting her from the stationary boot, and depositing her on the cool ground.

"How long until the sparkles pass?" asks the shepherd of the knot of 2/3rds blinded sheep.


Human Grasping Vine of the Wood 5| HP: 29/41 | AC: 20 [24] T: 12 FF: 18 CMD: 15 | F+3 R+3 W+9 | 20' | Init +2 | Perception +24, SensM +5, Nature/Planes/Spellcraft +10
Tracked Resources:
1st 2+1/5+1, 2nd 1+0/3+1, 3rd 2+1/2+1; Extend 0/3; SwP 2/2 +1 Suggestion

Trouble for the common people? Not good news, I've been too long from my post... Balzeros shakes his head and offers his condolences. "Perhaps something to raise with the right people in court, eh?" he says to the others.


Status: | Hp 35/35 | AC 18/12/16 [17/11/15] | Uncanny Dodge | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +6 [+8/+4/+8]; +4 vs non-lethal cold, sonic, bard or language dependent | CMD 18 | Init +8 | Per +11; low-light vision | Sense Motive +15 |
Inspired Rage:
+2 Str/Con, +2 Will, -1 AC, rage limitations; lesser Spirit Totem: +7 1d4+4 negative energy

Illthir flails her arms, fall over and gets up with a small sigh. "Sometimes I think you should be called Stepper instead of Walker" Since he had learned/chosen to be gentle this time she merely booped him on the snoot back. "Boop!"

"Ahem. It shouldn't sparkle for more then a minute at most. Then it'll be gone again, poof, like uh magic. Because, well, it is. Was." the skald explains once she is steady again. She attempts a smile. "You got me on 'local' - though I'd say 'cityfolk' is a bigger issue for me. But this can't be good ..." With a frown she tries to remember who's supposed to keep these lands free of such menaces.

Know(local): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Know(nobility): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Know(geography): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


Skills:
Perc:+10|Stealth:+12|Acro+10|Climb/Swim +7|SM+9|Sur+9|Heal+5|KN Dun/Lo +5|Bluff/Diplo/Intim+4|Ride+8||Disguise+6|UMD+2|BGS:Craft:Bow+5|KN Geography +5|Kn Nob +10| Kn Hist +2| Appraise +2| Lore:Kobold +5: Ling:Draconic|Ha +4
HP:50/51|AC:19|T:14|FF:15|CMB:+8|CMD:22|Fort:+8|Ref:+7|Will:+3|Init:+4 | Slayer 3 Fighter WM 2

"Surely you can't keep this up, those worgs will just keep coming as long as there is an easy source of food. What is usually done around here when such menaces present themselves?" asks Zokon of the farmer


Arcane Pool 2/4 | HP: 25/36 HP | AC: 17 / T: 13 / FF: 14 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | M. Touch: +6, R. Touch: +6 | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | Init: +3, Perception: +9 |

"Not much, it seems, considering the higher pastures are supposedly picked clean...", Alia mutters under her breath, in response to Zokons inquiry.


M Dwarf Cleric 5 | HP 46/46 | AC 21 T 13 FF 20 CMD 17 (21 vs Bull Rush, Trip) | F +9 R +4 W +10 (+2 vs spells, SLA, poison) | Mv 40' | Init +1 | Perc +13 (Darkvision) | Channel 3d6 3/3 | Active: Longstrider

"Well, if we wanted to track them to their lair and wipe them out, I'd be up for it."

"But perhaps he might know something about the wolf attack that allegedly claimed the lives of Ilvah's parents."


Status: | Hp 35/35 | AC 18/12/16 [17/11/15] | Uncanny Dodge | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +6 [+8/+4/+8]; +4 vs non-lethal cold, sonic, bard or language dependent | CMD 18 | Init +8 | Per +11; low-light vision | Sense Motive +15 |
Inspired Rage:
+2 Str/Con, +2 Will, -1 AC, rage limitations; lesser Spirit Totem: +7 1d4+4 negative energy

"Hmm. I'm not sure we have time to chase down worgs." Illthir ponders their schedule for a little while. But then their priest raises a more urgent point. "Uh. How is Ilvah holding up?"


Arcane Pool 2/4 | HP: 25/36 HP | AC: 17 / T: 13 / FF: 14 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | M. Touch: +6, R. Touch: +6 | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | Init: +3, Perception: +9 |

"Holding on, more like. You can open your eyes again. They fled."
I took care to always stay pretty far away from the nearest Worg, and have other people in-between, so I assume that she is reasonably fine, since I read nothing contrary...


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region |
Zokon Santyev wrote:
"Surely you can't keep this up, those worgs will just keep coming as long as there is an easy source of food. What is usually done around here when such menaces present themselves?" asks Zokon of the farmer

"Well the lords in Stoneclimb send in hunters and such when needs be, of course. This land is watched over by House Medvyed--though outsiders like you all probably wouldn't know that." says the shepherd.

Illthir (Durgan and Zokon too):
Basically, what the shepherd said. The lands are watched over by local nobles, and above them by Lord Medvyed and his House--the House with authority over the Gronzi Forest (Zokon's cousin Valorin Medvyed in particular is notable for his hatred, and hunting of wolves, and wolf-like monsters), and then ultimately by Brevoy's King-Regent, Noleski Surtova, from his famous Dragonscale Throne in New Stetven. That said, the nobles of Brevoy are a bit like the nobles of Westros in "Game of Thrones" and most peasants want as little attention from them as possible for fear of dying. The level of fear felt by some of the court in Stoneclimb for the wizard-noble Stoon is about on par with what the common folk of Brevoy think of their nobility. They are just hazardous to be around.

Aside from being tightly attached to Alia's back, Ilvah seems fine.

dice:
1d20 ⇒ 11


Female Half-elf Paladin 3/Cleric of Sarenrae 2 || HP 45/45 (45/45 nonlethal) || AC 22/10 Tch/22 FF || F+12 R+5 W+14 || CMB +6 CMD 16/16 FF || Init +0 || Perception +6, low-light vision

Serena reigns in her horse and walks him back over to the rest of the party. "I'm with Durgan. Worgs are not ordinary wolves. They are of evil intent, and I've no trouble at all with seeing them gone."


Status: | Hp 35/35 | AC 18/12/16 [17/11/15] | Uncanny Dodge | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +6 [+8/+4/+8]; +4 vs non-lethal cold, sonic, bard or language dependent | CMD 18 | Init +8 | Per +11; low-light vision | Sense Motive +15 |
Inspired Rage:
+2 Str/Con, +2 Will, -1 AC, rage limitations; lesser Spirit Totem: +7 1d4+4 negative energy

"Mm. Perhaps that would be less indiscriminate then bringing the issue forth to the court. Still - we'd better hope the lair isn't far from here..." Illthir felt that letting their patron wait might be more hazardous for their health then a pack of (very) evil wolves.


Skills:
Perc:+10|Stealth:+12|Acro+10|Climb/Swim +7|SM+9|Sur+9|Heal+5|KN Dun/Lo +5|Bluff/Diplo/Intim+4|Ride+8||Disguise+6|UMD+2|BGS:Craft:Bow+5|KN Geography +5|Kn Nob +10| Kn Hist +2| Appraise +2| Lore:Kobold +5: Ling:Draconic|Ha +4
HP:50/51|AC:19|T:14|FF:15|CMB:+8|CMD:22|Fort:+8|Ref:+7|Will:+3|Init:+4 | Slayer 3 Fighter WM 2

"I'm not sure what to do in this case, we do have to get back to our patron and get the titles and such so we can make some real change. Or should we help out here and now with the attendant time risks?" he asks sincerely


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region |

So some options for moving forward:
The party could: 1) Continue spending a few days more looking for Ilvah's past; 2) Hunt worgs; 3) Return to Restov a few days early to prepare for the meeting of "Lords of the Stolen Land"; or 4) Consider taking up sheep rustling. There are of course other things to do as well, but these are probably the most obvious/pressing possibilities. Currently we look to be leaning toward "Option 2".


M Dwarf Cleric 5 | HP 46/46 | AC 21 T 13 FF 20 CMD 17 (21 vs Bull Rush, Trip) | F +9 R +4 W +10 (+2 vs spells, SLA, poison) | Mv 40' | Init +1 | Perc +13 (Darkvision) | Channel 3d6 3/3 | Active: Longstrider

How far are we currently from Restov, and how many days early would we be if we went with option 3? Just wondering how much we can afford to tarry.
I would be okay with 2 if we have time, or 3 if we think it would cut it too close.


Human Grasping Vine of the Wood 5| HP: 29/41 | AC: 20 [24] T: 12 FF: 18 CMD: 15 | F+3 R+3 W+9 | 20' | Init +2 | Perception +24, SensM +5, Nature/Planes/Spellcraft +10
Tracked Resources:
1st 2+1/5+1, 2nd 1+0/3+1, 3rd 2+1/2+1; Extend 0/3; SwP 2/2 +1 Suggestion

I'm with Durgan, guesstimated amount of days it what will sway Balzeros' preference!


Status: | Hp 35/35 | AC 18/12/16 [17/11/15] | Uncanny Dodge | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +6 [+8/+4/+8]; +4 vs non-lethal cold, sonic, bard or language dependent | CMD 18 | Init +8 | Per +11; low-light vision | Sense Motive +15 |
Inspired Rage:
+2 Str/Con, +2 Will, -1 AC, rage limitations; lesser Spirit Totem: +7 1d4+4 negative energy

I'm leaning towards 3 myself as well. A worg hunt may be helpful - but they're smart blighters and I doubt it'll go fast. Also I'm sure our own budding realm will have a heap of troubles to deal with ...


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region |

The party is on day 13 (scroll up from the linked post for more context but it looked to me as if the party would still be on the hunt until day 20).


Female Half-elf Paladin 3/Cleric of Sarenrae 2 || HP 45/45 (45/45 nonlethal) || AC 22/10 Tch/22 FF || F+12 R+5 W+14 || CMB +6 CMD 16/16 FF || Init +0 || Perception +6, low-light vision

Serena grumps about missing the chance to destroy the evil worgs, but she also understands the urgency of the situation. If time is of the essence, we should go to Restov.


Skills:
Perc:+10|Stealth:+12|Acro+10|Climb/Swim +7|SM+9|Sur+9|Heal+5|KN Dun/Lo +5|Bluff/Diplo/Intim+4|Ride+8||Disguise+6|UMD+2|BGS:Craft:Bow+5|KN Geography +5|Kn Nob +10| Kn Hist +2| Appraise +2| Lore:Kobold +5: Ling:Draconic|Ha +4
HP:50/51|AC:19|T:14|FF:15|CMB:+8|CMD:22|Fort:+8|Ref:+7|Will:+3|Init:+4 | Slayer 3 Fighter WM 2

"Unfortunately good man, I do not think that we shall be able to help, at the moment, we have an important engagement in Restov, unless the others dsagree with me. We will however advise any authorities of the situation and help if we can in the future."


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region |

Two definite votes for 3, and 1 "leans that way".


Human Grasping Vine of the Wood 5| HP: 29/41 | AC: 20 [24] T: 12 FF: 18 CMD: 15 | F+3 R+3 W+9 | 20' | Init +2 | Perception +24, SensM +5, Nature/Planes/Spellcraft +10
Tracked Resources:
1st 2+1/5+1, 2nd 1+0/3+1, 3rd 2+1/2+1; Extend 0/3; SwP 2/2 +1 Suggestion

Make it three for 3! ;)


Status: | Hp 35/35 | AC 18/12/16 [17/11/15] | Uncanny Dodge | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +6 [+8/+4/+8]; +4 vs non-lethal cold, sonic, bard or language dependent | CMD 18 | Init +8 | Per +11; low-light vision | Sense Motive +15 |
Inspired Rage:
+2 Str/Con, +2 Will, -1 AC, rage limitations; lesser Spirit Totem: +7 1d4+4 negative energy

Let me lean all the way, just so we decide. And agree with our glorious leaders sentiment :)


Arcane Pool 2/4 | HP: 25/36 HP | AC: 17 / T: 13 / FF: 14 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | M. Touch: +6, R. Touch: +6 | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | Init: +3, Perception: +9 |

Original quote of GM: To keep things straight, a fortnight is 14 days. The party is currently on day 11(13 now). If the plan is to travel for 3 days and make it with 2 days to spare, the group would have to set out from the southwestern Gronzi on day 20 of the investigation. Folks have rolled through day 16.

If we leave on Day 20, we still have 2 days spare. Not saying we can't leave early, but we seem 'locked' into our information-gathering until Day 16 - with being on Day 13 currently. So we do have some time to spare if needed. Not suggesting we should use it to hunt worgs, just saying we are not in a hurry just yet.

Alia listens to Zokon, then returns her gaze to the edge of the woods, to make sure they were safe, at the moment. While she was quite willing to help, she had learned that almost everybody in human lands had problems that needed solving.
She assumed that had to do with their short life spans and the haste with which they did everything. They didn't have time to solve things proper, they just hacked it and hoped it would be somebody elses problem next time it came up.
So they certainly could not help EVERYBODY they crossed paths with. And she already had one ward, currently. *gently pats one of Ilvahs hands holding on to her in an affectionate way*.


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region |

Bidding farewell to the shepherd the party moves on.

Later that evening the party makes camp and readies for their return to Restov.

If anyone wants a watch (considering their are intelligent wolves about and all) go ahead and add your name to watch/regular marching order lists on the camp map.

12,201 to 12,250 of 12,432 << first < prev | 239 | 240 | 241 | 242 | 243 | 244 | 245 | 246 | 247 | 248 | 249 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Into the Stolen Lands All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.