Of Kings and Commoners - Kingmaker AP

Game Master RPGGGM

With the heart of the Stolen Lands explored and the bandits who ruled there scattered, the long-contested realm finally lies open for pioneers and settlers to stake their claims.:
Amid the rush of opportunistic travelers, the PCs find themselves stewards over a new domain, tasked with the responsibility of guiding and guarding a fledgling nation struggling to grow upon a treacherous borderland. Yet the threats to this new nation quickly prove themselves greater than mere bandits and wild beasts, as the monstrous natives of the hills and forests rampage forth to slaughter all who have trespassed upon their territory. Can the PCs hold the land they’ve fought so hard to explore and tame? Or will their legend be just one more lost to the fangs of the Stolen Lands?

The NEW Charter! | NEW Avalon (test) | NEW Party Loot (test) | The Trading Post | Regional Map Folio | Tactical Map Folio


11,351 to 11,400 of 11,531 << first < prev | 221 | 222 | 223 | 224 | 225 | 226 | 227 | 228 | 229 | 230 | 231 | next > last >>

I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region | Chase Theme ♬

Is Illthir still skalding? How many rounds does haste have?

Conditions Dark lighting, and forest terrain

Party Conditions haste, bless, Inspired rage(!?) and now obscuring mist!

Round 7! (Theme ♬)
The Bold May Act!
_________________
__ Durgan
-8 hp
__ Erevenywg
__ Zokon
__ Balzeros
__ Serena
-4 hp
__ Alia
__ Illthir
-1 hp
__ Fergus
__ Argentov Lind

Map updated.


"Should I breath that way?" Erevenywg asks.


Male
statuses:
haste, mage armor, shield, magic weapon, bless, inspired rage
Image of Fergus Dwarf Wizard 5 | AC:12(16) T:12 FF:10(14) | CMD:17 | hp: 45/45 | Fort:+6(+3) Ref:+3(+3) Will:+6(+3) | Spd 20' | Init +3 | Perc: +3, SensM:+4 |darkvision

haste ended last round, as it only has 5 rounds after casting. will get in a post later tonight.


Female Half-elf Paladin 3/Cleric of Sarenrae 2 || HP 26/45 (45/45 nonlethal) || AC 22/10 Tch/22 FF || F+12 R+5 W+14 || CMB +6 CMD 16/16 FF || Init +0 || Perception +6, low-light vision

Serena does as Durgan suggests, focusing her attention upon the stone circle and seeking the presence of evil intent. Serenrae, lend me your eyes. Let me see the presence of the wicked!


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region | Chase Theme ♬
Fergus Bouldershoulder Ironmug wrote:
haste ended last round, as it only has 5 rounds after casting.

Corrected.

Serena Mistcastle wrote:
Serena does as Durgan suggests, focusing her attention upon the stone circle and seeking the presence of evil intent. Serenrae, lend me your eyes. Let me see the presence of the wicked!

Serena:
There is EVIL here!

Conditions Dark lighting, and forest terrain

Party Conditions bless, Inspired rage(!?) and now obscuring mist!

Round 7! (Theme ♬)
The Bold May Act!
_________________
__ Durgan
-8 hp
__ Erevenywg
__ Zokon
__ Balzeros

__ Serena -4 hp
__ Alia
__ Illthir
-1 hp
__ Fergus
__ Argentov Lind

Map updated.


Status: | Hp 34/35 | AC 18/12/16 [17/11/15] | Uncanny Dodge | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +6 [+8/+4/+8]; +4 vs non-lethal cold, sonic, bard or language dependent | CMD 18 | Init +8 | Per +11; low-light vision | Sense Motive +15 |
Inspired Rage:
+2 Str/Con, +2 Will, -1 AC, rage limitations; lesser Spirit Totem: +7 1d4+4 negative energy

Pausing the skalding for now I think, will resume once enemy attacks :)

Also wild guess time: Lind is of ice witch decent. Girl is runaway witchling or something. Trolls will take both home to ice witch land. Lind is somewhat confident that he can get ice witch family to bully trolls?

And stone circle might look like fey gate?

"Yeah no let's grab both and get away from here! Nothing strange happening in that circle yet? Great." Illthir decides and withdraws the same way Zokon was going.


Skills:
Perc:+10|Stealth:+12|Acro+10|Climb/Swim +7|SM+9|Sur+9|Heal+5|KN Dun/Lo +5|Bluff/Diplo/Intim+4|Ride+8||Disguise+6|UMD+2|BGS:Craft:Bow+5|KN Geography +5|Kn Nob +10| Kn Hist +2| Appraise +2| Lore:Kobold +5: Ling:Draconic|Ha +4
HP:50/51|AC:19|T:14|FF:15|CMB:+8|CMD:22|Fort:+8|Ref:+7|Will:+3|Init:+4 | Slayer 3 Fighter WM 2

"Get out of there, follow the sound of my voice." he calls out

While looking around for threats


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region | Chase Theme ♬
Balzeros of the Narl wrote:
[dice=Slam vs Chain]1d20+3;1d8

And (I almost forgot) the hit Balzeros delivers doesn't seem to do anything to the iron chain.


M Dwarf Cleric 5 | HP 44/46 | AC 28 T 13 FF 27 CMD 19 (23 vs Bull Rush, Trip) | F +9 R +4 W +10 (+2 vs spells, SLA, poison) | Mv 30' | Init +1 | Perc +13 (Darkvision) | Channel 3d6 2/3 | Active: Bark +2, Shld of Faith +2, Shield, Resist Cold, Divine Favor

"Can't grab them and get out of here - they are chained to a rock!"
Durgan casts Bull's Strength on himself.


Arcane Pool 1/4 | HP: 30/30 HP | AC: 21 / T: 13 / FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | M. Touch: +6, R. Touch: +6 | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | Init: +3, Perception: +9 |

Profession(Elven Smith): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
"You don't break the chain. You break a link. Use a piece of metal, place it in one of the rings, then apply brute force to the back of it - it will widen the ring and cause the link to snap -", Alia offers helpful advice in handling the chains.
In other news - If Argentov was chained to a rock as well, won't "finding" him in the mist be as easy as following the chain? He cast and moved - even if he has some means to unlock himself, he should still be contained for now...


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region | Chase Theme ♬

Alia can gauge that the chain probably has a Hardness of about 10. Break DC in the mid-20s.

Note: I moved Fergus to a position he described above.

If Alia is still concentrating on detect magic:
She sees that there are 19 auras all told, the most powerful seems to be of moderate intensity.

Conditions Dark lighting, and forest terrain

Party Conditions bless, and now obscuring mist!

Round 7! (Theme ♬)
The Bold May Act!
_________________
__ Durgan -8 hp
__ Erevenywg
__ Zokon
__ Balzeros
__ Serena -4 hp
__ Alia {concentrating (maybe)}
__ Illthir -1 hp
__ Fergus
__ Argentov Lind

Map updated.


Human Grasping Vine of the Wood 5| HP: 29/41 | AC: 20 T: 12 FF: 18 CMD: 15 | F+3 R+3 W+9 | 20' | Init +2 | Perception +24, SensM +5, Nature/Planes/Spellcraft +10
Tracked Resources:
1st 3+1/5+1, 2nd 1+1/3+1, 3rd 2+1/2+1; Extend 1/3; SwP 2/2 +1 Suggestion

Balzeros looks on in exasperation when people encourage movement after his words, but exhales in relief when Durgan echoes his words.

"Break the chain, break the link, what's the difference? Do you have metal and a hammer or something to do this?" he asks Alia, not really sure what to make of her words. Ideally we'd have an anvil too, but we don't!
________
Aid (This Turn): 1d20 ⇒ 9
Aid (Next Turn): 1d20 ⇒ 14
If someone goes to break the chain, he will aid. Durgan seems set to do so next turn, so I rolled an aid for both turns to not slow us up waiting for a 50% chance for a +2.


Arcane Pool 1/4 | HP: 30/30 HP | AC: 21 / T: 13 / FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | M. Touch: +6, R. Touch: +6 | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | Init: +3, Perception: +9 |

Considering I am a Smith, and just spent the 2 days before our departure at a Forge enchanting Durgans Armor, and have Masterwork Tools for doing so, yes, I do have metal and a hammer - I dare say I left those with the ship, though. (Also I spent the time on the ship crafting durable metal arrows...) The concept still applies, lay the chain on the ground, stick a dagger through a link, hammer down on the dagger with a rock or tree limb - easier than trying to "cut" or "smash" a link - it was meant as a remote aid check using my experience as smith. As for my portable anvil, that is with the donkey. I just don't know where the donkey went.
@GM: And yes, I am still concentrating.


Status: | Hp 34/35 | AC 18/12/16 [17/11/15] | Uncanny Dodge | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +6 [+8/+4/+8]; +4 vs non-lethal cold, sonic, bard or language dependent | CMD 18 | Init +8 | Per +11; low-light vision | Sense Motive +15 |
Inspired Rage:
+2 Str/Con, +2 Will, -1 AC, rage limitations; lesser Spirit Totem: +7 1d4+4 negative energy

"A big rock? Dammit!" The skald cursed herself for paying more attention to fire breathing fey and strange men then the mundane problems. She hesitated a little and then threw her old hammer back at them. "Use this!"

She has only moved about 30' - I'll move her back is she tried to go further - and her Lucerne Hammer is a hammer with a hefty lever being a pole weapon and all. It also has +2 to sunder medium/heavy armour which might apply to chains (or rocks!) if one asks the GM nicely :)


Male
statuses:
haste, mage armor, shield, magic weapon, bless, inspired rage
Image of Fergus Dwarf Wizard 5 | AC:12(16) T:12 FF:10(14) | CMD:17 | hp: 45/45 | Fort:+6(+3) Ref:+3(+3) Will:+6(+3) | Spd 20' | Init +3 | Perc: +3, SensM:+4 |darkvision

How is the girl bound to the chain? Just one bind? How tight does it seem? wondering if there is a possibility of slipping through.

Fergus leans down to inspect the chain further. Particularly the part that keeps the girl bound to it.


Female Half-elf Paladin 3/Cleric of Sarenrae 2 || HP 26/45 (45/45 nonlethal) || AC 22/10 Tch/22 FF || F+12 R+5 W+14 || CMB +6 CMD 16/16 FF || Init +0 || Perception +6, low-light vision

"Fergus! Beware, I sense evil from that direction! We may be betrayed!"


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region | Chase Theme ♬
Fergus Bouldershoulder Ironmug wrote:
How is the girl bound to the chain?

One official ankle manacle (usually about a DC 30 to slip out of) which is attached via a length of chain the other end of which is attached by a thick metal staple hammered into the stone megalith.

The hafts of weapons like Illthir's hammer are probably too thick to stick in between the links. That and if you used them as a lever would probably break. Hafted weapons naturally break easier than swords, because there is more wood involved in their construction.

For those interested in damaging the chain, a person can stand in the same space as it (basically leaning over it) to avoid having to roll the 20% (or 50% if you are further than 5' away) miss chance caused by the sudden fog. Only one person at a time can do this though. The broken megaliths of course provide you with enough stone to work on.


Status: | Hp 34/35 | AC 18/12/16 [17/11/15] | Uncanny Dodge | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +6 [+8/+4/+8]; +4 vs non-lethal cold, sonic, bard or language dependent | CMD 18 | Init +8 | Per +11; low-light vision | Sense Motive +15 |
Inspired Rage:
+2 Str/Con, +2 Will, -1 AC, rage limitations; lesser Spirit Totem: +7 1d4+4 negative energy

The lucerne hammer has a decent sized spike at the back side of the hammer bit like so which would be what one would jam into the chain links. The head is attached with a decent length of metal and one could limit the lever length to that bit if one were really worried. Depends on how big the links actually are of course!

Just hooking it into the link closes to the rock and prying the whole thing out of the rock might be another workable approach - again a question of how big of a chain we are actually talking about :D


Male
statuses:
haste, mage armor, shield, magic weapon, bless, inspired rage
Image of Fergus Dwarf Wizard 5 | AC:12(16) T:12 FF:10(14) | CMD:17 | hp: 45/45 | Fort:+6(+3) Ref:+3(+3) Will:+6(+3) | Spd 20' | Init +3 | Perc: +3, SensM:+4 |darkvision

would a grease spell make slipping out of the ankle lock manageable?


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region | Chase Theme ♬
Illthir Winlowe wrote:
The lucerne hammer has a decent sized spike at the back side of the hammer bit like so which would be what one would jam into the chain links.

The chain is sturdy enough that you would probably want to use a crowbar before using the spike otherwise you are likely to turn that spike into a hook.

Fergus Bouldershoulder Ironmug wrote:
would a grease spell make slipping out of the ankle lock manageable?

A +2 circumstance bonus, but not any more. It's not exactly a grapple.


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region | Chase Theme ♬

Balzeros readies to aid in breaking the chain. Fergus considers the situation.

There's a snapping sound, and a noise like a chain being tossed to the earth to the east in the fog.

The howling which had abbaited for a moment begins again but this time instead of the frantic barking and howling of before it comes as a chorus of long mournful baying.

Did Alia want to attempt to read any of the magical auras she can see? Did Serena want to continue concentrating on the EVIL!

Conditions Dark lighting, and forest terrain

Party Conditions bless, and now obscuring mist!

Round 8! (Theme ♬)
The Bold May Act!
_________________
__ Durgan
-8 hp
__ Erevenywg
__ Zokon

__ Balzeros ('next' readied aid)
__ Serena
-4 hp
__ Alia
__ Illthir
-1 hp
__ Fergus
__ Argentov Lind

Map updated.


Arcane Pool 1/4 | HP: 30/30 HP | AC: 21 / T: 13 / FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | M. Touch: +6, R. Touch: +6 | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | Init: +3, Perception: +9 |

Based on the last known position of her allies, Alia attempts to identify which of the numerous auras are not the partys items, spells, or, in general, emanating from a party member for whatever reason.
From those left, she'd focus on the strongest aura, any auras affecting the girl, and any aura overlapping with the circle, in that order.
There's also a very good chance she'll share info, so if Alia gets a spoiler, do feel free to read it. In very niche situations she may decide to remain silent but in that case just keep it as player knowledge.


M Dwarf Cleric 5 | HP 44/46 | AC 28 T 13 FF 27 CMD 19 (23 vs Bull Rush, Trip) | F +9 R +4 W +10 (+2 vs spells, SLA, poison) | Mv 30' | Init +1 | Perc +13 (Darkvision) | Channel 3d6 2/3 | Active: Bark +2, Shld of Faith +2, Shield, Resist Cold, Divine Favor

Durgan draws his wand and heals himself.
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Wand at 38 charges.


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region | Chase Theme ♬
Alia of the Blade wrote:

Based on the last known position of her allies, Alia attempts to identify which of the numerous auras are not the partys items, spells, or, in general, emanating from a party member for whatever reason.

From those left, she'd focus on the strongest aura, any auras affecting the girl, and any aura overlapping with the circle, in that order.
There's also a very good chance she'll share info, so if Alia gets a spoiler, do feel free to read it. In very niche situations she may decide to remain silent but in that case just keep it as player knowledge.

That's going to be all, but impossible given the thick mist (full concealment beyond 5') and the very very close proximity of Fergus and Balzeros, prior to its arrival. Alia can move and still concentrate.


Arcane Pool 1/4 | HP: 30/30 HP | AC: 21 / T: 13 / FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | M. Touch: +6, R. Touch: +6 | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | Init: +3, Perception: +9 |

Detect magic => The spell can penetrate barriers, but 1 foot of stone, 1 inch of common metal, a thin sheet of lead, or 3 feet of wood or dirt blocks it.
I know the fog is there, but i did not consider it a "blocking" aspect. I figured it was more like a sonar emanation where I get pings for each aura and could still focus on those? Or did you mean I can't pinpoint the girl between Balzeros and Fergus? In that case I would look towards the other end and see if I can see something on "Argentov?"
Or is the overall magic aura too confusing if the fog just gets everywhere?


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region | Chase Theme ♬

The latter. Without being able to see who's who and what items or people the auras are attached to Alia can't really ascertain identity without being able to see better. As for Lind, there's nothing to see in that direction However there might be a 5-foot-thick megalith in the way that he did step behind earlier. The only "posts and lintel" still upright in this stone circle is the one that the shackle chains were spiked into. There are two 'overall area' auras both are "faint". One is obviously the fog.


Arcane Pool 1/4 | HP: 30/30 HP | AC: 21 / T: 13 / FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | M. Touch: +6, R. Touch: +6 | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | Init: +3, Perception: +9 |

Well, on the off chance that it's just one of the buffs(or light) we have and I waste my round, which is the other "overall aura" that is not the fog?
Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region | Chase Theme ♬

Alia:
Faint conjuration.

Serena and Alia find it difficult pin-point the things they are searching for with their supernatural senses due to the fog and close proximity of people and things with in it.

Precious time passes. The party mills about torn between plans of action.

Conditions Dark lighting, and forest terrain

Party Conditions bless, and obscuring mist!

Round 9! (Theme ♬)
The Bold May Act!
_________________
__ Durgan
-2 hp
__ Erevenywg
__ Zokon
__ Balzeros
__ Serena
-4 hp
__ Alia
__ Illthir
-1 hp
__ Fergus
__ Argentov Lind

Map updated.


M Dwarf Cleric 5 | HP 44/46 | AC 28 T 13 FF 27 CMD 19 (23 vs Bull Rush, Trip) | F +9 R +4 W +10 (+2 vs spells, SLA, poison) | Mv 30' | Init +1 | Perc +13 (Darkvision) | Channel 3d6 2/3 | Active: Bark +2, Shld of Faith +2, Shield, Resist Cold, Divine Favor

Durgan casts Divine Favor on himself.
"Zokon, do you need a Fly spell? Don't want the trolls to get to melee with you."
Assuming these trolls even are the problem... something strange is going on here.


Status: | Hp 34/35 | AC 18/12/16 [17/11/15] | Uncanny Dodge | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +6 [+8/+4/+8]; +4 vs non-lethal cold, sonic, bard or language dependent | CMD 18 | Init +8 | Per +11; low-light vision | Sense Motive +15 |
Inspired Rage:
+2 Str/Con, +2 Will, -1 AC, rage limitations; lesser Spirit Totem: +7 1d4+4 negative energy

"Can't you get the girl free? Is there anything better to use as leverage?!" Illthir had hoped that they'd be on their way out by now. "Can you just make the whole darn rock fly?"

Maybe someone with a Traveler's Any Tool can make a hacksaw or crowbar or something!


Status: | Hp 34/35 | AC 18/12/16 [17/11/15] | Uncanny Dodge | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +6 [+8/+4/+8]; +4 vs non-lethal cold, sonic, bard or language dependent | CMD 18 | Init +8 | Per +11; low-light vision | Sense Motive +15 |
Inspired Rage:
+2 Str/Con, +2 Will, -1 AC, rage limitations; lesser Spirit Totem: +7 1d4+4 negative energy

And I happily realized I am such a diligent person :D

"Here! Use this and get that girl free one way or another!" Illthir draws her traveler's any tool, for now a formless blob, and hurries back towards the rock.


Human Grasping Vine of the Wood 5| HP: 29/41 | AC: 20 T: 12 FF: 18 CMD: 15 | F+3 R+3 W+9 | 20' | Init +2 | Perception +24, SensM +5, Nature/Planes/Spellcraft +10
Tracked Resources:
1st 3+1/5+1, 2nd 1+1/3+1, 3rd 2+1/2+1; Extend 1/3; SwP 2/2 +1 Suggestion

Balzeros sighs. Just me then.

Fishing his grappling hook out of his bag, he hooks it into the link nearest the staple in the rock and pulls.
________
Break/Release the Chain: 1d20 ⇒ 14
Illthir are you where you are on the map? Balzeros will try to aid you once you get to the chain! If the tool is in reach, he'll use it in crowbar form instead of his grappling hook.


Male
statuses:
haste, mage armor, shield, magic weapon, bless, inspired rage
Image of Fergus Dwarf Wizard 5 | AC:12(16) T:12 FF:10(14) | CMD:17 | hp: 45/45 | Fort:+6(+3) Ref:+3(+3) Will:+6(+3) | Spd 20' | Init +3 | Perc: +3, SensM:+4 |darkvision

Fergus will try to leave the area of the fog cloud spell (and the circle) before pulling out his spellbook.

Perhaps... I have something that could be of use here? let me see...

spending a minute or two looking through the book and preparing spells. I won't prepare any new ones until at least a full minute has passed.


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region | Chase Theme ♬

Durgan continues praying for divine intervention.

Illthir produces her everythingamajig and hands it to Balzeros, who uses it to form a hack-bar with which he sets to work on the chain with, but it is slow going.

Fergus considers his spell options somewhere he can see them more clearly.

Conditions Dark lighting, and forest terrain

Party Conditions bless, and obscuring mist!

Round 9! (Theme ♬)
The Bold May Act!
_________________
__ Durgan -2 hp
__ Erevenywg
__ Zokon

__ Balzeros
__ Serena -4 hp
__ Alia

__ Illthir -1 hp
__ Fergus
__ Argentov Lind

Map updated.


Female Half-elf Paladin 3/Cleric of Sarenrae 2 || HP 26/45 (45/45 nonlethal) || AC 22/10 Tch/22 FF || F+12 R+5 W+14 || CMB +6 CMD 16/16 FF || Init +0 || Perception +6, low-light vision

Serena moves into the fog cloud and concentrates on the source of evil from within, trying to pinpoint it.


Skills:
Perc:+10|Stealth:+12|Acro+10|Climb/Swim +7|SM+9|Sur+9|Heal+5|KN Dun/Lo +5|Bluff/Diplo/Intim+4|Ride+8||Disguise+6|UMD+2|BGS:Craft:Bow+5|KN Geography +5|Kn Nob +10| Kn Hist +2| Appraise +2| Lore:Kobold +5: Ling:Draconic|Ha +4
HP:50/51|AC:19|T:14|FF:15|CMB:+8|CMD:22|Fort:+8|Ref:+7|Will:+3|Init:+4 | Slayer 3 Fighter WM 2

"I'd not know what I was doing flying, use your abilities to combat the situation, I should be ok, maybe a flying sword could help."

Zokon replies

"I'm not sure how to break the chain, good work Balzeros, we are getting to the limb or staying chained decision time for the girl."

Zokon then makes a gesture of annoyance and reaches into his bags and grabs a flask of acid out, he runs to the chains


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region | Chase Theme ♬

Still concentrating, Serena clambers over the fallen stones and into the circle. The evil is still here due south, but very faint.

Zokon rushes into ring holding something.

Conditions Dark lighting, and forest terrain

Party Conditions bless, and obscuring mist!

Round 9! (Theme ♬)
The Bold May Act!
_________________
__ Durgan -2 hp
__ Erevenywg
__ Zokon
__ Balzeros
__ Serena -4 hp
__ Alia

__ Illthir -1 hp
__ Fergus
__ Argentov Lind

Map updated.


"Zo-Khan, should I be breathing more of the fire?"


Arcane Pool 1/4 | HP: 30/30 HP | AC: 21 / T: 13 / FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | M. Touch: +6, R. Touch: +6 | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | Init: +3, Perception: +9 |

Alia, still sped up through her own magics, rushes around the circle towards where the girls chain was anchored, while drawing her Estoc.Holding bow in hand, then dropping it after end movement.
Channeling Arcane Power into her weapon, Alia also decides to use one of her frost spells, expecting little use for it against the enemies they faced.
Concentration: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Damage Spellstrike: 2d4 + 8 ⇒ (3, 1) + 8 = 12 Cold, halved: 4d6 ⇒ (2, 6, 1, 4) = 13 => 6
20% Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 41
Damage Normal Attack: 2d4 + 8 ⇒ (1, 4) + 8 = 13
20% Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 76

Addendum: I read that it seems spellstrike has the spell portion compete with hardness separately. In which case the halved damage would make it pointless(even if I rolled 4x6, that would be 2 damage after being halved and reduced by hardness(assuming 10 for metal)) - so in that case, I would omit the Frigid Touch Spellstrike. On the off-chance you rule that it works, I am willing to expend the spell so that we don't need another round or two of sundering and trying to get the chain loose.

Edit: HA, going spell combat and spellstrike I get to stab the chain twice! Muahahaha!


Male
statuses:
haste, mage armor, shield, magic weapon, bless, inspired rage
Image of Fergus Dwarf Wizard 5 | AC:12(16) T:12 FF:10(14) | CMD:17 | hp: 45/45 | Fort:+6(+3) Ref:+3(+3) Will:+6(+3) | Spd 20' | Init +3 | Perc: +3, SensM:+4 |darkvision

how would you rule acid damage on metal? Would you allow full damage, or would you still halve the damage?


Arcane Pool 1/4 | HP: 30/30 HP | AC: 21 / T: 13 / FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | M. Touch: +6, R. Touch: +6 | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | Init: +3, Perception: +9 |

@Acid: I think the main problem for most easily available sources of acid is that they'll also have to overcome the hardness - which will be difficult even if they are ruled to do full damage. Otherwise it would do what MOST acids you don't want poured in your face would do to a metal chain - leave it shiny sparkling clean, but not damaged in the slightest. Unless you are a Internecivus raptus, of course :)


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region | Chase Theme ♬
Fergus Bouldershoulder Ironmug wrote:
how would you rule acid damage on metal? Would you allow full damage, or would you still halve the damage?

Alia has the right of it. Acid is probably only going to polish it a bit with a short application, even if it would be enough to melt a whole goblin.

As for spellstrike, Alia's take is indeed supported by the RAW too, even if the R is not W very clearly.

*CLANG!*

The girl gives a yelp, and goes rigid as the chain suddenly gets cold.


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region | Chase Theme ♬

Conditions Dark lighting, and forest terrain

Party Conditions bless, and obscuring mist!

Round 10! (Theme ♬)
The Bold May Act!
_________________
__ Durgan
-2 hp
__ Erevenywg
__ Zokon
__ Balzeros
__ Serena
-4 hp
__ Alia
__ Illthir
-1 hp
__ Fergus
__ Argentov Lind

Map updated.


Arcane Pool 1/4 | HP: 30/30 HP | AC: 21 / T: 13 / FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | M. Touch: +6, R. Touch: +6 | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | Init: +3, Perception: +9 |

"Enlarge me, please - this chain needs some more strenght..."
Not sure who is carrying the Wand of Enlarge Person, but if whoever has it can spend the time, I could sunder again, with 2d6+10 damage :P - usually metal has hardness 10, but this one seems particularily resilient. That, and being large and having reach would also be decent if the trolls or wolves return...so if we have time-


Human Grasping Vine of the Wood 5| HP: 29/41 | AC: 20 T: 12 FF: 18 CMD: 15 | F+3 R+3 W+9 | 20' | Init +2 | Perception +24, SensM +5, Nature/Planes/Spellcraft +10
Tracked Resources:
1st 3+1/5+1, 2nd 1+1/3+1, 3rd 2+1/2+1; Extend 1/3; SwP 2/2 +1 Suggestion

Balzeros grins as Alia joins the tense battle with the chain. Between her strikes, he continues to work at the chain with the hack-bar.
________
GM, is the hack bar dealing damage slowly? I tried looking up what that is, but there is a web browser mod that takes the same name :)


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region | Chase Theme ♬

"Hack-bar?" Sorry, I meant to say "crow-saw!" Wait. That's not right either. Basically, no, not on the first try, anyhow. Breaking something like manacles is usually a DC in the mid-20s. The staple is only marginally easier. The roll would be a Str check (+2 for your anytool (as soon as we figure out the bottle opener, and tweezer attachments), and +2 more for anyone able to aid you in the attempt). Obviously you can't have too many cooks crowding the kitchen.


M Dwarf Cleric 5 | HP 44/46 | AC 28 T 13 FF 27 CMD 19 (23 vs Bull Rush, Trip) | F +9 R +4 W +10 (+2 vs spells, SLA, poison) | Mv 30' | Init +1 | Perc +13 (Darkvision) | Channel 3d6 2/3 | Active: Bark +2, Shld of Faith +2, Shield, Resist Cold, Divine Favor

Durgan tries to listen for trolls or wolves as a move action.
Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19
Standard action depends on what, if anything, he hears.


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region | Chase Theme ♬

There are lots of sounds of straining, hammering, and cursing coming from the fog-bank to the west. All are in the voices of those Durgan travels with.

It only uses a Move action, so you can do it twice if you like.


M Dwarf Cleric 5 | HP 44/46 | AC 28 T 13 FF 27 CMD 19 (23 vs Bull Rush, Trip) | F +9 R +4 W +10 (+2 vs spells, SLA, poison) | Mv 30' | Init +1 | Perc +13 (Darkvision) | Channel 3d6 2/3 | Active: Bark +2, Shld of Faith +2, Shield, Resist Cold, Divine Favor

Okay.
"I thought we were worried about the trolls coming back... does anybody hear anything?"

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region | Chase Theme ♬

Durgan:
There's the sound of a distant soft wump like a boulder crashing into a snow-covered valley. It's followed by the sounds of sudden battle. The voices are indistinct, but sound like trolls as their cries echo off the mountains.

The wolves stop their incessant howling a moment later.

11,351 to 11,400 of 11,531 << first < prev | 221 | 222 | 223 | 224 | 225 | 226 | 227 | 228 | 229 | 230 | 231 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Into the Stolen Lands All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.