Motteditor's Ironfang Invasion PBP

Game Master motteditor

Combat map / Overall map / Treasure tracker / Survivors / Survivors (GM reference)


2,351 to 2,400 of 2,549 << first < prev | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | next > last >>

male half-orc Scarred Wanderer 5
Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 49 | AC 15 ( 11 T / 14 FF) | Fort +8 / Ref +4 / Will +3 | CMD 19 | Perception + 12 | Survival +11 | Handle Animal +9 | Climb, Know (dungeon, nature), Stealth +7

Greataxe: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 8 - 2 = 25for: 1d12 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

That hits; let me know if you want to chase him or let him escape.


male half-orc Scarred Wanderer 5
Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 49 | AC 15 ( 11 T / 14 FF) | Fort +8 / Ref +4 / Will +3 | CMD 19 | Perception + 12 | Survival +11 | Handle Animal +9 | Climb, Know (dungeon, nature), Stealth +7

Unless his movement speed is a ludicrous 50ft, I'mma chase him and I'mma catch him and then I'mma chop him!


| HP: 31/43 | AC 20 (T12, FF 18) | CMB: +5 CMD: 17 (+4 vs. bull rush and trip) | F:+5 R:+3 W:+5 (+2 vs. poison, spells, spell-like) | Init +2 | Perc +13*, SM +11*, Diplomacy +3 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells: 2nd: 0/3, 1st: 0/5 | Mental Focus: Conjuration: 0/2, Divination: 0/4, Evocation: 0/4, Generic: 0/0 | Active Conditions: Casting Focus (+1), Intense Focus (+2), Third Eye (+2), Heightened Awareness (50 min)

Garrivek swings at the satyr as he tries to run past!

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Magic B Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Garrivek's blow doesn't seem to hurt the satyr, but it's enough to slow him up and let Dregg catch him. Unless someone stops Dregg, I'm going to say he's able to kill him and handwave this fight. Also, Isabella and Arryn stop being scaredy-cats.


Female half-elf sorcerer 4 / oracle 1 | | HP: 33/33, Temp HP 0/0 | AC 20* (T 12, FF 18*) | CMB: +2 CMD: 14 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+9 (+2 vs. enchantments /poison/ sleep, immune to magical sleep) | Init +2 | Perc +2, Diplomacy +6, Handle Animal +9 | Speed 30 ft. | Oracle Spells: 1st: 3/4 | Sorcerer Spells: 2nd: 3/4, 1st: 0/6 | Channel: 1/5, Tanglevine: 3/7 | Imp. Iron Will: 0/1, Unbreakable Survivor: 0/1 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor (1 hour), Shield (4 min)

Aramis sifts through the kitchen while Dregg finishes off the satyr. She looks around for anything of interest -- either for their mission or food and supplies for her people.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13


HP: 48/48; NL: 10; Force Ward: 10/10 AC: 18 (touch 14; FF 14; +1 vs goblinoids); CMD 15 | F/R/W: +8/+8/+2; Init: +4; Perc: +9;

Arryn eventually comes out from behind the doorway leading back to the courtyard. Before returning to the others, he plops himself down somewhere and snivels into his sleeve as he tries to hold back the flow of tears of shame.

"So much for having my cowardice licked," he mutters despairingly to the empty air.


| HP: 31/43 | AC 20 (T12, FF 18) | CMB: +5 CMD: 17 (+4 vs. bull rush and trip) | F:+5 R:+3 W:+5 (+2 vs. poison, spells, spell-like) | Init +2 | Perc +13*, SM +11*, Diplomacy +3 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells: 2nd: 0/3, 1st: 0/5 | Mental Focus: Conjuration: 0/2, Divination: 0/4, Evocation: 0/4, Generic: 0/0 | Active Conditions: Casting Focus (+1), Intense Focus (+2), Third Eye (+2), Heightened Awareness (50 min)

Garrivek helps Aramis look around in the kitchen.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

The kitchen contains a great deal of basic cooking supplies, including some spices, though no food or drink. It's clear it's been somewhat looted by something, based on some vacant spaces on the shelves.

A set of stairs lead down. Plus there are stairs leading up in the previous room, and the door to what you assume is the southeast tower.


male half-orc Scarred Wanderer 5
Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 49 | AC 15 ( 11 T / 14 FF) | Fort +8 / Ref +4 / Will +3 | CMD 19 | Perception + 12 | Survival +11 | Handle Animal +9 | Climb, Know (dungeon, nature), Stealth +7

Dregg comes back in just as the search of the kitchen wraps up. He grunts as he knocks some dirt from hands, ”Hmmpf. Got him. And I think I’m beginning to not trust things that have animal legs from the belt down. Centaurs, satyrs, they’re all dumb.” He hooks his thumb over his shoulder. ”Oh, I found Goggles and Angel after I’d shut Goatlegs up for good. They’re right behind me.”

He looks from Garrivek to Aramis, sees in her face that she’s still upset with him, then turns his gaze back to Garrivek hurriedly. ”So! Beltbuckle. You... uhhhhhhh.... find any, errr, food? In here?”


| HP: 31/43 | AC 20 (T12, FF 18) | CMB: +5 CMD: 17 (+4 vs. bull rush and trip) | F:+5 R:+3 W:+5 (+2 vs. poison, spells, spell-like) | Init +2 | Perc +13*, SM +11*, Diplomacy +3 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells: 2nd: 0/3, 1st: 0/5 | Mental Focus: Conjuration: 0/2, Divination: 0/4, Evocation: 0/4, Generic: 0/0 | Active Conditions: Casting Focus (+1), Intense Focus (+2), Third Eye (+2), Heightened Awareness (50 min)

"Ah, welcome back, you two!" Garrivek says to Isabella and Arryn.

"I found some spices and other basic cooking supplies. Nothing of substance, though." Garrivek holds up the spices and eyes them skeptically, then he packs them into his bag. "Better than nothing, I suppose."

Noticing Dregg seems to be ignoring Aramis' eye, Garrivek changes the subject. "So, which stairs from here? I think we should check out the ones leading down from right here."


Female half-elf sorcerer 4 / oracle 1 | | HP: 33/33, Temp HP 0/0 | AC 20* (T 12, FF 18*) | CMB: +2 CMD: 14 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+9 (+2 vs. enchantments /poison/ sleep, immune to magical sleep) | Init +2 | Perc +2, Diplomacy +6, Handle Animal +9 | Speed 30 ft. | Oracle Spells: 1st: 3/4 | Sorcerer Spells: 2nd: 3/4, 1st: 0/6 | Channel: 1/5, Tanglevine: 3/7 | Imp. Iron Will: 0/1, Unbreakable Survivor: 0/1 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor (1 hour), Shield (4 min)

"Fine with me," she tells Garrivek.


HP: 48/48; NL: 10; Force Ward: 10/10 AC: 18 (touch 14; FF 14; +1 vs goblinoids); CMD 15 | F/R/W: +8/+8/+2; Init: +4; Perc: +9;

Arryn slinks into the kitchen, following Dregg who had found him crouched outside the ghost’s room where the puddle of phantom wine had been. He’s silent, his face a mask of shame.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

This low-ceilinged cellar is crammed with bags, boxes, and barrels. Stairs ascend along the northern wall, and a stout door leads to the southwest.

Another of the creatures you fouhgt outside -- with a broad chest and thin beard, as well as short legs and arms and small feet and hands -- sways back and forth as you enter. He looks up as you enter.

"The answer is no! The spirits are off limits, unless Halk says otherwise!" he barks.


| HP: 31/43 | AC 20 (T12, FF 18) | CMB: +5 CMD: 17 (+4 vs. bull rush and trip) | F:+5 R:+3 W:+5 (+2 vs. poison, spells, spell-like) | Init +2 | Perc +13*, SM +11*, Diplomacy +3 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells: 2nd: 0/3, 1st: 0/5 | Mental Focus: Conjuration: 0/2, Divination: 0/4, Evocation: 0/4, Generic: 0/0 | Active Conditions: Casting Focus (+1), Intense Focus (+2), Third Eye (+2), Heightened Awareness (50 min)

"Oh, that's okay. We're not here for the booze anyway. Just passing through and looking around. Unless you want to give us the booze. Because, oh! I couldn't say no to that..."

Garrivek tries to make friends while his companions look around.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


Female Half-Elf Ranger 5; Init +5; Senses Low-light vision; Perception +12; AC 18 (+3 Dex., +4 armour, +1 shield); hp -11/44; Fort +6, Ref +7, Will +3

"I hate Fey," Isabella grumbles as she rejoins the others.

When the group runs into the Korred, she looks him up and down. "You'd be Halk, then? Why ain't you outside, getting drunk on beer and dancing with the others?"

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

"What? No! I'm not Halk. What kind of idiots are you?"

He turns and his eyes grow wide as he realizes you're not fey, then narrow in suspicion.


HP: 48/48; NL: 10; Force Ward: 10/10 AC: 18 (touch 14; FF 14; +1 vs goblinoids); CMD 15 | F/R/W: +8/+8/+2; Init: +4; Perc: +9;

Arryn opens his mouth to say something snarky, but then he gets his first good whiff of the smell of brandy, and stops. He stares at the barrel in the fey’s hands and his hands begin to tremble.

”Halk said give it to us. Or else.”


Female Half-Elf Ranger 5; Init +5; Senses Low-light vision; Perception +12; AC 18 (+3 Dex., +4 armour, +1 shield); hp -11/44; Fort +6, Ref +7, Will +3

"We're idiots with steel," Isabella replies to the Fey.

She snaps a look at Arryn. "We are working, here. No time to get plastered."

Turning back to the creature: "My name is Blackleaf. What's yours, then?"


| HP: 31/43 | AC 20 (T12, FF 18) | CMB: +5 CMD: 17 (+4 vs. bull rush and trip) | F:+5 R:+3 W:+5 (+2 vs. poison, spells, spell-like) | Init +2 | Perc +13*, SM +11*, Diplomacy +3 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells: 2nd: 0/3, 1st: 0/5 | Mental Focus: Conjuration: 0/2, Divination: 0/4, Evocation: 0/4, Generic: 0/0 | Active Conditions: Casting Focus (+1), Intense Focus (+2), Third Eye (+2), Heightened Awareness (50 min)

Garrivek drums his fingers on his armour as he waits to see how the hairy fellow will respond to Arryn.


Female half-elf sorcerer 4 / oracle 1 | | HP: 33/33, Temp HP 0/0 | AC 20* (T 12, FF 18*) | CMB: +2 CMD: 14 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+9 (+2 vs. enchantments /poison/ sleep, immune to magical sleep) | Init +2 | Perc +2, Diplomacy +6, Handle Animal +9 | Speed 30 ft. | Oracle Spells: 1st: 3/4 | Sorcerer Spells: 2nd: 3/4, 1st: 0/6 | Channel: 1/5, Tanglevine: 3/7 | Imp. Iron Will: 0/1, Unbreakable Survivor: 0/1 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor (1 hour), Shield (4 min)

Likewise, Aramis waits to see how the korred responds to Arryn's bluff before interrupting.


male half-orc Scarred Wanderer 5
Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 49 | AC 15 ( 11 T / 14 FF) | Fort +8 / Ref +4 / Will +3 | CMD 19 | Perception + 12 | Survival +11 | Handle Animal +9 | Climb, Know (dungeon, nature), Stealth +7

Dregg groans and shakes his head when Isabella sets the fey on edge. He otherwise stays quiet though, watching Arryn and the ranger argue and contradict one another in front of the fey.


HP: 48/48; NL: 10; Force Ward: 10/10 AC: 18 (touch 14; FF 14; +1 vs goblinoids); CMD 15 | F/R/W: +8/+8/+2; Init: +4; Perc: +9;

It’s not really a bluff. Arryn doesn’t care if the korred believes him or not. It was more trash talk than bluff.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Sorry, decided I was going to fast-forward to the inevitable conclusion of this.

The creature roars with anger as Arryn demands the liquor and Isabella threatens steel and attacks. It's perhaps drunken bravado on his part, as you vastly outnumber him and are easily able to put him down. After a few blows, he falls to the floor and begs for mercy!

"Please, I'm sorry, forgive me!" he wails.


Female Half-Elf Ranger 5; Init +5; Senses Low-light vision; Perception +12; AC 18 (+3 Dex., +4 armour, +1 shield); hp -11/44; Fort +6, Ref +7, Will +3

"So who are you?" Isabella asks.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 48/48; NL: 10; Force Ward: 10/10 AC: 18 (touch 14; FF 14; +1 vs goblinoids); CMD 15 | F/R/W: +8/+8/+2; Init: +4; Perc: +9;

Will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

With the surrender of the fey, Arryn uses his power to float the abandoned brandy cask into his hands. He feels something wet on his hands and realizes that the cask was cracked in the struggle. He lifts the brandy on his hand to his nose, takes a deep sniff before sampling the spirit.

Fort: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

He savours the familiar and comforting taste of the liquor for a moment before shaking himself free. He shoves the leaky cask into Dregg’s hands, pleading, ”Please take this,” then bolts from the room to collapse onto the stairwell floor and self-soothe with rocking back and forth.


Female half-elf sorcerer 4 / oracle 1 | | HP: 33/33, Temp HP 0/0 | AC 20* (T 12, FF 18*) | CMB: +2 CMD: 14 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+9 (+2 vs. enchantments /poison/ sleep, immune to magical sleep) | Init +2 | Perc +2, Diplomacy +6, Handle Animal +9 | Speed 30 ft. | Oracle Spells: 1st: 3/4 | Sorcerer Spells: 2nd: 3/4, 1st: 0/6 | Channel: 1/5, Tanglevine: 3/7 | Imp. Iron Will: 0/1, Unbreakable Survivor: 0/1 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor (1 hour), Shield (4 min)

Aramis raises an eyebrow as Arryn flees, then shrugs. She approaches the korred. "And tell us about Halk."

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

1 person marked this as a favorite.

"I'm Linder," the korred says miserable. "Halk's my brother."

Unfortunately, as Aramis approaches, it appears the korred was merely playing possum! As soon as she gets near, he tries to grab her. Dregg is standing ready, though, and bashes they fey's head once more, this time making sure he won't try anything of this sort again. Again, sort of fast-forwarding through the fight, since it wasn't really going to be a challenge. I thought the interruption was a chance for a little role-playing decision...

Looking at some of the bags and boxes, you realize this must have been the storeroom and plenty of food remains. 100 PP worth, though I know we haven't been tracking. The chest contains cheap spirits, cooking sherry, watery ale, and six bottles of rare herbal liqueurs worth 125 gp each.

A stout door leads to the southwest.


male half-orc Scarred Wanderer 5
Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 49 | AC 15 ( 11 T / 14 FF) | Fort +8 / Ref +4 / Will +3 | CMD 19 | Perception + 12 | Survival +11 | Handle Animal +9 | Climb, Know (dungeon, nature), Stealth +7

Dregg drops the fey with one hand, then looks at the brandy in the other, then turns to see where Arryn ran off to, his face a cloud of frustration and confusion. After sawing his jaw back and forth for a few moment, the half-orc exhales stiffly through his nostrils and storms over to the doorway to then glower down at the man curled up in a ball. "What in all the nine hells is wrong with you?" He storms back over to the others, smashing the flask on the ground. Echoing the question, though his tone shifts to a blend of anger and growing incredulity, he speaks to the group, "What in all the nine hells is wrong with him? We're up to my balls in murderous, mind-bendy fey and he's curled up about to suck on his thumb! Somebody talk some sense into him." The half-orc throws his hands up in frustration and kicks the korred, not knowing what else to do.


| HP: 31/43 | AC 20 (T12, FF 18) | CMB: +5 CMD: 17 (+4 vs. bull rush and trip) | F:+5 R:+3 W:+5 (+2 vs. poison, spells, spell-like) | Init +2 | Perc +13*, SM +11*, Diplomacy +3 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells: 2nd: 0/3, 1st: 0/5 | Mental Focus: Conjuration: 0/2, Divination: 0/4, Evocation: 0/4, Generic: 0/0 | Active Conditions: Casting Focus (+1), Intense Focus (+2), Third Eye (+2), Heightened Awareness (50 min)

Garrivek looks at the broken cask and booze all over the floor."Well, that's a waste. Booze is the only thing we know the korred's care about. We probably could have used that against them somehow..." After a moment, he shrugs. Responding to Dregg's outburst, he replies "It's been a harrowing couple weeks."

Garrivek bends down to see if the fey is dead or just wounded.

Heal: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female half-elf sorcerer 4 / oracle 1 | | HP: 33/33, Temp HP 0/0 | AC 20* (T 12, FF 18*) | CMB: +2 CMD: 14 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+9 (+2 vs. enchantments /poison/ sleep, immune to magical sleep) | Init +2 | Perc +2, Diplomacy +6, Handle Animal +9 | Speed 30 ft. | Oracle Spells: 1st: 3/4 | Sorcerer Spells: 2nd: 3/4, 1st: 0/6 | Channel: 1/5, Tanglevine: 3/7 | Imp. Iron Will: 0/1, Unbreakable Survivor: 0/1 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor (1 hour), Shield (4 min)

When yet another korred tries to assault her with his weird hair-hands, Aramis lets out a gasp of surprise--quickly cut short by Dregg's pummelling of the fey. "Thanks," she tells Dregg.

But, it's short-lived. Soon, Arryn's crying in the stariwell, and Dregg's smashing casks and having a minor breakdown. (Not to be confused with Arryn's major breakdown).

At Garrivek's mention of using booze against the korreds as a bargaining chip, Aramis passes him the six bottles of herbal liquor. "These will have to do. And keep them away from Arryn."

Aramis looks between Arryn and Dregg, clearly debating who to deal with first. She catches Isabella's eye and gestures at Arryn, hoping Isabella might have a better time dealing with Arryn than she would. She and Arryn butted heads more often than not.

Aramis approaches Dregg. "You alright?" she asks putting a hand on his arm.


male half-orc Scarred Wanderer 5
Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 49 | AC 15 ( 11 T / 14 FF) | Fort +8 / Ref +4 / Will +3 | CMD 19 | Perception + 12 | Survival +11 | Handle Animal +9 | Climb, Know (dungeon, nature), Stealth +7

"What?" Dregg's tone is harsh but both it and his expression soften as he turns an realizes it's Aramis. "Sorry, Red. Yeah. Just frustrated at how we're supposed to make our way through this infested fort when our heavy hitter can't keep it together. Shoving a flask into my hands then running off to pout while one of those beardgrabbers is right there?" He screws his face into an incredulous expression, then shrugs and shakes his head. "He wants to get himself killed that's his choice, but it wasn't him that beardgrabber went for, was it? We got enough to deal with having fey running around that can do Nethys-knows-what to our heads. He needs to pull it together, Red. Crying can wait until we're out of this hole."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 48/48; NL: 10; Force Ward: 10/10 AC: 18 (touch 14; FF 14; +1 vs goblinoids); CMD 15 | F/R/W: +8/+8/+2; Init: +4; Perc: +9;

”So you think I’m the heavy hitter of our group?” Arryn teases from the doorway. He gazes longingly at the bottles in Garrivek’s hands.

”I’m sorry if I’ve disappointed you, Dregg, but I’m not strong like you. I never have been. I must be weak if I was so screwed up by the cushy life I had. But when I was 12, I discovered that drinking a lot of wine made the pain of being a worthless coward go away, and I could forget how miserable I was and enjoy life with my loser friends. I hurt people I cared about, I hurt myself, and I hurt people I didn’t even know. I got out of that for awhile, then the Ironfang came and hurt me again, and made me afraid again, so I went back to the wine and cheap ale. Then I met Phaistea and didn’t want to be numb anymore. I thought I could be brave when I refused to run from Scarface, but I can’t. He hurt me too much, Dregg. He made me give up—give up or watch Isabella die. I can’t let another person die because I’m a coward. Apparently I’m afraid of ghosts, and satyrs, too. I’m a stupid, worthless, coward, and I don’t want to feel that way anymore. And if you don’t keep me away from...that...I don’t understand how you guys can come back from being out and about and fighting who knows what, and unwind with a drink. How can one drink be enough? I guess it’s because you aren’t a worthless coward.”


| HP: 31/43 | AC 20 (T12, FF 18) | CMB: +5 CMD: 17 (+4 vs. bull rush and trip) | F:+5 R:+3 W:+5 (+2 vs. poison, spells, spell-like) | Init +2 | Perc +13*, SM +11*, Diplomacy +3 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells: 2nd: 0/3, 1st: 0/5 | Mental Focus: Conjuration: 0/2, Divination: 0/4, Evocation: 0/4, Generic: 0/0 | Active Conditions: Casting Focus (+1), Intense Focus (+2), Third Eye (+2), Heightened Awareness (50 min)

Garrivek puts the herbal liquor into his bag, trying to draw as little attention as possible. Then he drums his armour awkwardly as Dregg and Arryn talk.

"Well, It seems to me you can't be a coward. You're here. Now. By choice. If you were a coward you'd be back at camp with that young lass you're sweet on. Sure, you got a little spooked by a spectre, but most folks do. And sure, the satyr made you turn tail and run, but that's nothing to be ashamed of! Satyr's are worth fearing! You do not want to find yourself alone with a satyr, I assure you. Why this one time I -- Ah, that is... Perhaps now's not the best time. What do you say we talk about this more later. Once we're out of this fort filled of, you know, hostiles and what not."

He continues drumming his armour. "Just a thought."


Female half-elf sorcerer 4 / oracle 1 | | HP: 33/33, Temp HP 0/0 | AC 20* (T 12, FF 18*) | CMB: +2 CMD: 14 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+9 (+2 vs. enchantments /poison/ sleep, immune to magical sleep) | Init +2 | Perc +2, Diplomacy +6, Handle Animal +9 | Speed 30 ft. | Oracle Spells: 1st: 3/4 | Sorcerer Spells: 2nd: 3/4, 1st: 0/6 | Channel: 1/5, Tanglevine: 3/7 | Imp. Iron Will: 0/1, Unbreakable Survivor: 0/1 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor (1 hour), Shield (4 min)

"Yeah, that's more baggage than we can deal with right now, Arryn. But you and Dregg can hug it out later, kay?" She pats Dregg on the arm. "Have fun with that."

Turning to Garrivek, she jokes, "I'm not sure later's a good time to hear this satyr story. A better time might be... never? Yup. Definitely never."

Looking at Dregg she gestures to the nearby door. "After you?"

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

1d2 ⇒ 1 The satyr is dead

The door opens into a small room, with another door with a small opening, 6 inches square, at a human’s eye level. The openings is inset with iron bars spaced 1 inch apart.

Through the window, you can small the broad cell on the other side of the door, which reeks of death and filth. Several sets of manacles are bolted to the walls and ceiling, apparently much newer than the stone of the cell. Nine of the restraints hold only corpses, but a tenth set contains a weakly breathing halfling.


HP: 48/48; NL: 10; Force Ward: 10/10 AC: 18 (touch 14; FF 14; +1 vs goblinoids); CMD 15 | F/R/W: +8/+8/+2; Init: +4; Perc: +9;

Completely thrown off by the utter callousness of his friends to not indulge in his drama, Arryn is left to sputter and meekly follow along as they enter the jail.

With one glance at the nearly-dead halfling, Arryn pulls his tools out and says to the others, ”Move!”. He tries the door. If it’s locked he sets to work with his tools; otherwise, this is him opening the halfling’s manacles.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 13 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 13 - 1 = 28
Disable Device: 1d20 + 13 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 13 - 1 = 24


| HP: 31/43 | AC 20 (T12, FF 18) | CMB: +5 CMD: 17 (+4 vs. bull rush and trip) | F:+5 R:+3 W:+5 (+2 vs. poison, spells, spell-like) | Init +2 | Perc +13*, SM +11*, Diplomacy +3 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells: 2nd: 0/3, 1st: 0/5 | Mental Focus: Conjuration: 0/2, Divination: 0/4, Evocation: 0/4, Generic: 0/0 | Active Conditions: Casting Focus (+1), Intense Focus (+2), Third Eye (+2), Heightened Awareness (50 min)

As soon as Arryn gets the door open, Garrivek hustles over to the halfling that appears to be in trouble, pulls out his wand of healing, and uses it on the halfling.

Healing the Halfling: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Marking off as many charges as needed. Let me know how much healing is needed, or how many charges it takes.


Female half-elf sorcerer 4 / oracle 1 | | HP: 33/33, Temp HP 0/0 | AC 20* (T 12, FF 18*) | CMB: +2 CMD: 14 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+9 (+2 vs. enchantments /poison/ sleep, immune to magical sleep) | Init +2 | Perc +2, Diplomacy +6, Handle Animal +9 | Speed 30 ft. | Oracle Spells: 1st: 3/4 | Sorcerer Spells: 2nd: 3/4, 1st: 0/6 | Channel: 1/5, Tanglevine: 3/7 | Imp. Iron Will: 0/1, Unbreakable Survivor: 0/1 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor (1 hour), Shield (4 min)

Aramis hustles in once Arryn opens the door. "Good job, Arryn."

She offers the halfling some water. "It's alright. We've got you."

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

The halfling looks up startled as you enter the door, and you hear him weakly call out, "Please, help me!"

Tears fill his eyes as you rush to do so, his wounds starting to heal under the wand. Unfortunately, it's clear that magic won't be able to help his worst wound -- his left leg has been severed at the thigh!

"Thank you, thank you," he says. "Who are you?"

6d8 + 6 ⇒ (2, 3, 1, 5, 2, 3) + 6 = 22 6 charges; he's still down 11 hp, so can keep going if you want


1 person marked this as a favorite.
male half-orc Scarred Wanderer 5
Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 49 | AC 15 ( 11 T / 14 FF) | Fort +8 / Ref +4 / Will +3 | CMD 19 | Perception + 12 | Survival +11 | Handle Animal +9 | Climb, Know (dungeon, nature), Stealth +7

Dregg nods silently in approval as Arryn shakes off his malaise and springs into action to get to the wounded halfling. As the group ministers to him through freeing and healing, Dregg whistles low. "Looks like you've been through the ringer, friend."

If we can't get this guy a crutch, I am happy to carry him on my back like Chewie did for C-3P0. =P


Female half-elf sorcerer 4 / oracle 1 | | HP: 33/33, Temp HP 0/0 | AC 20* (T 12, FF 18*) | CMB: +2 CMD: 14 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+9 (+2 vs. enchantments /poison/ sleep, immune to magical sleep) | Init +2 | Perc +2, Diplomacy +6, Handle Animal +9 | Speed 30 ft. | Oracle Spells: 1st: 3/4 | Sorcerer Spells: 2nd: 3/4, 1st: 0/6 | Channel: 1/5, Tanglevine: 3/7 | Imp. Iron Will: 0/1, Unbreakable Survivor: 0/1 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor (1 hour), Shield (4 min)

"My name's Aramis. This is Dregg, Arryn, Isabella, and Garrivek." She gestures to each member of the group in turn. "Some of us are survivors from Phaendar. The rest are other survivors, we met along the way. We came looking for the rangers. ...Were you one?"

She refrains from mentioning the other survivors, back at camp. Her paranoia is hard to shake.


| HP: 31/43 | AC 20 (T12, FF 18) | CMB: +5 CMD: 17 (+4 vs. bull rush and trip) | F:+5 R:+3 W:+5 (+2 vs. poison, spells, spell-like) | Init +2 | Perc +13*, SM +11*, Diplomacy +3 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells: 2nd: 0/3, 1st: 0/5 | Mental Focus: Conjuration: 0/2, Divination: 0/4, Evocation: 0/4, Generic: 0/0 | Active Conditions: Casting Focus (+1), Intense Focus (+2), Third Eye (+2), Heightened Awareness (50 min)

Healing the Halfling: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Healing the Halfling: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

"There you go. You ought to be feeling somewhat better." He nods and stows his wand. "So, what's your name? How did you end up chained up here?"

If the halfling is hangling from high up manacles or anything, Garrivek helps him down.


Female Half-Elf Ranger 5; Init +5; Senses Low-light vision; Perception +12; AC 18 (+3 Dex., +4 armour, +1 shield); hp -11/44; Fort +6, Ref +7, Will +3

Isabella looks down at the prisoner, then gives Arryn a nod and beckons him to step aside with her.

"Seems to me, now we know what the satyrs were roasting," she whispers.

Then she gives the Kineticist a bland look. "Seems I didn't quite get the full picture of what happened, back with the Bugbear. Isabella Blackleaf don't like owing. But I owe ya. Will haveta look into a way to repay."


HP: 48/48; NL: 10; Force Ward: 10/10 AC: 18 (touch 14; FF 14; +1 vs goblinoids); CMD 15 | F/R/W: +8/+8/+2; Init: +4; Perc: +9;

Arryn at least has the grace to look embarrassed.

"You want to repay? Don't let me fall back in that hole and pickle my senses again. If you have to shoot me, don't let me start drinking again. At all."

He continues softly. "I hid in the magic grass you had made. Scarface wouldn't come in and I was too nimble to get caught, but he had you, so he put sword point to your neck and ordered me out. I pretended to give up but let the grass catch me. He didn't buy it, though, so he was about the end you. I whisked your body into the grass with me to buy us a few more seconds. Then the explosions down below stopped, so I knew that either Aramis and Dregg were dead, or they had somehow overpowered the alchemist. So I agreed to turn myself in to distract him a few more moments, but I got too close to the edge and that stupid goblin and wolf attacked me and that was that. I was as surprised as anyone that I actually woke up from that, but Scarface wanted to interrogate me about where our camp was. I wasn't sure how long I could last, so I gave him lip to make him mad enough to knock me out cold."


Female Half-Elf Ranger 5; Init +5; Senses Low-light vision; Perception +12; AC 18 (+3 Dex., +4 armour, +1 shield); hp -11/44; Fort +6, Ref +7, Will +3

Isabella's eyes stare straight into Arryn's, her face expressionless.

"The more I hear about Scarface," she says, "the more I wish it'd been me who stabbed him to death."

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

The grateful halfing does his best to answer your questions, starting by introducing himself: “I guess you could say that," he answers Aramis. "My name’s Cirieo. Cirieo Thessaddin, and I appear at the moment to in fact be the commanding officer of Fort Ristin, on account of my being the only Chernasardo Ranger left alive here.”

"How'd I end up here? Well, it’s quiet and no one bothers me, and I think the dank air is clearing up my complexion. Also I was dismembered and chained by those bastard hobgoblins and their pet dragon, so there’s that.

"Some two weeks ago, we were attacked by a horde of hobgoblins, along with a passel of trolls and forest animals. No idea where they came from; scouts never mentioned a force anywhere near that size. We held our own, though, until their dragon swooped in, spraying acid and ripping down the north wall. I got in a nice knock on his jaw, and he returned the favor by biting my leg off. The soldiers bandaged up the few of us who survived and tossed us down here.”


male half-orc Scarred Wanderer 5
Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 49 | AC 15 ( 11 T / 14 FF) | Fort +8 / Ref +4 / Will +3 | CMD 19 | Perception + 12 | Survival +11 | Handle Animal +9 | Climb, Know (dungeon, nature), Stealth +7

”A dragon bit your leg off?!” Dregg’s tone is a blend of surprise and respect. ”I got bit by a big cat once. But a dragon? Damn. You’re one tough ranger.”


Female half-elf sorcerer 4 / oracle 1 | | HP: 33/33, Temp HP 0/0 | AC 20* (T 12, FF 18*) | CMB: +2 CMD: 14 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+9 (+2 vs. enchantments /poison/ sleep, immune to magical sleep) | Init +2 | Perc +2, Diplomacy +6, Handle Animal +9 | Speed 30 ft. | Oracle Spells: 1st: 3/4 | Sorcerer Spells: 2nd: 3/4, 1st: 0/6 | Channel: 1/5, Tanglevine: 3/7 | Imp. Iron Will: 0/1, Unbreakable Survivor: 0/1 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor (1 hour), Shield (4 min)

"When did the hobgoblins leave?" Aramis asks. "Do you know if they gave this fort to the fey, or were ousted?"


| HP: 31/43 | AC 20 (T12, FF 18) | CMB: +5 CMD: 17 (+4 vs. bull rush and trip) | F:+5 R:+3 W:+5 (+2 vs. poison, spells, spell-like) | Init +2 | Perc +13*, SM +11*, Diplomacy +3 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells: 2nd: 0/3, 1st: 0/5 | Mental Focus: Conjuration: 0/2, Divination: 0/4, Evocation: 0/4, Generic: 0/0 | Active Conditions: Casting Focus (+1), Intense Focus (+2), Third Eye (+2), Heightened Awareness (50 min)

Garrivek helps the halfling up, out of the cell, and into the wine cellar, finding him a barrel to sit on. Best to get him out of that cage.

He waits for the halfling to continue, not wanting to overwhelm him.

2,351 to 2,400 of 2,549 << first < prev | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Motteditor's Ironfang Invasion PBP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.