Motteditor's Ironfang Invasion PBP

Game Master motteditor

Combat map / Overall map / Treasure tracker / Survivors / Survivors (GM reference)


2,251 to 2,300 of 2,383 << first < prev | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | next > last >>

Female half-elf sorcerer 4 / oracle 1 | | HP: 29/33, Temp HP 0/0 | AC 20* (T 12, FF 18*) (+2 vs. Chaos)| CMB: +2 CMD: 14 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+9 (+2 vs. enchantments /poison/ sleep, immune to magical sleep) | Init +2 | Perc +2, Diplomacy +6, Handle Animal +9 | Speed 30 ft. | Oracle Spells: 1st: 3/4 | Sorcerer Spells: 2nd: 3/4, 1st: 4/6 | Channel: 2/5, Tanglevine: 5/7 | Imp. Iron Will: 0/1, Unbreakable Survivor: 0/1 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor (1 hour)

"Should we try the front gate, or go back to the gap in the wall?"

Aramis hands out some healing potions, so she can conserve the rest of her magic and healing for the battles ahead.

Cure Light (Dregg): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Cure Light (Dregg): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Cure Light (Dregg): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Dregg should be at 48/49? Yes?

Cure Moderate (Aramis): 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (2, 1) + 3 = 6
Cure Light (Aramis): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
She's at 29/33.

She pulls out a few more potions, then hands one to each of her companions. "Drink this right before we head back inside. It should help against the fey."

She gives everyone one of the potions of protection from chaos. Right before they head back inside she drinks one herself.


HP: 46/48; NL: 10; Force Ward: 10/10 AC: 18 (touch 14; FF 14; +1 vs goblinoids); CMD 15 | F/R/W: +8/+8/+2; Init: +4; Perc: +9;

If the rest of them are heading to the gap, Arryn will instead use his boots to leap up onto the broken wall, preferably a ten-foot high section, and attack from that vantage point.

Jump!: 1d20 + 12 - 1 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 12 - 1 + 9 = 33

That gets him 8 feet into the air. He should be able to grab the top of the wall with that roll and pull himself up.

He drinks his potion before his jump.


| HP: 43/43 | AC 20 (T12, FF 18) | CMB: +5 CMD: 17 (+4 vs. bull rush and trip) | F:+5 R:+3 W:+5 (+2 vs. poison, spells, spell-like) | Init +2 | Perc +13*, SM +11*, Diplomacy +3 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells: 2nd: 0/3, 1st: 1/5 | Mental Focus: Conjuration: 0/2, Divination: 0/4, Evocation: 4/4, Generic: 0/0 | Active Conditions: Casting Focus (+1), Intense Focus (+2), Third Eye (+2), Heightened Awareness (50 min)

"Thanks, Aramis," Garrivek says with a nod of his head. He holds the potion ready to drink in one hand, and leaves the other hand empty, ready to hurl spells from his glove. His weapon is hooked onto his belt.

He'll drink it right before heading in, as suggested.


Female half-elf sorcerer 4 / oracle 1 | | HP: 29/33, Temp HP 0/0 | AC 20* (T 12, FF 18*) (+2 vs. Chaos)| CMB: +2 CMD: 14 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+9 (+2 vs. enchantments /poison/ sleep, immune to magical sleep) | Init +2 | Perc +2, Diplomacy +6, Handle Animal +9 | Speed 30 ft. | Oracle Spells: 1st: 3/4 | Sorcerer Spells: 2nd: 3/4, 1st: 4/6 | Channel: 2/5, Tanglevine: 5/7 | Imp. Iron Will: 0/1, Unbreakable Survivor: 0/1 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor (1 hour)

"No worries," Aramis replies. She pulls out her stubby silver wand and makes for the obvious gap in the wall, letting Dregg lead the way.


male half-orc Scarred Wanderer 5
Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 49 | AC 16 ( 12 T / 15 FF) | Fort +8 / Ref +4 / Will +3 | CMD 19 | Perception + 12 | Survival +11 | Handle Animal +9 | Climb, Know (dungeon, nature), Stealth +7

Dregg tucks the last potion Aramis offers to him into a pouch on his hip and pats it, "I'll hang on to this in case we run into more inside." When the group's in position, he focuses for a moment on his axe, causing the now familiar after images to appear. With his magic in place, he charges into the midst of the korreds.

Greataxe: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28for: 3d6 + 18 ⇒ (4, 1, 3) + 18 = 26

Status:

HP: 48/49
AC: 15(11 T / 15 FF) (-2 entangle, -1 fatigue)
CMD: 18
F/R/W: +8/+1/+3 (-2 entangle, -1 fatigue)
Rage rounds used: 1/8
Limited Focus used: 1/10
Spell slots used
Level 1: 2/3
Bless (bead): 0/1
Cure serious wounds, remove blindness/deafness, or remove disease (bead): 1/1

-Ongoing Effects-
Rage: +2 to hit, +2 damage, +2 Will, -2 AC, +2 temp HP
Accurate stance: +1 to hit
Power attack: -2/+6
Focus: +2 Str
Feather step: 30 minutes

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Sounds like you're heading to the gap.

Round 1
You make your way through the gap, making little effort at stealth, so the drunken korreds notice you again. Several -- who didn't engage in the previous fight -- cheer your return, raising toasts. The others, though, cry out in anger and leap to continue the battle!

They're answered by Dregg's roar, as he races into the courtyard and slams his axe into the nearest korred, sending blood -- and a flagon of ale -- flying!

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19

Initiative:

Aramis: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Arryn: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Dregg: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Garrivek: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Isabella (+2 in forests): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Antagonist: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

Mechanics:

Purple: 22
Green: 23
Pink: 25

All Ks: 1


Isabella can still act in Round 1/2 (already resolved Dregg's action)


Female Half-Elf Ranger 5; Init +5; Senses Low-light vision; Perception +12; AC 18 (+3 Dex., +4 armour, +1 shield); hp 44; Fort +6, Ref +7, Will +3

Isabella runs up next to Dregg, stabbing out at the same korred the burly Half-Orc is fighting.

"Why can't you berks just pass out drunk instead of getting stroppy?" she cusses.

Longsword 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16 for 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 damage.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Round 1/2:

Aramis: 9
Arryn: 6
Garrivek: 4
Isabella: 23
Dregg: 14
Antagonist: 12

Isabella races forward, barely keeping up with the big half-orc. She nearly misses in her haste, but the sword sinks home -- only for it to start healing immediately very little got through DR.

The drunken korreds scream and race to fight these returning party crashers. They surround Isabella as they lash out with clubs vs. the two intruders. 5 hp for Isabella; 7 and 5 for Dregg. Both need three DC 14 Reflex saves or be entangled by their hair

Mechanics:

Purple vs. Isabella: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 2 = 16
Pink vs. Isabella: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 2 = 27
1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Green vs. Dregg: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Yellow vs. Dregg: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Purple: 22
Green: 25
Pink: 25

All Ks: 1

Party is up. Note that not all the korreds are attacking, but based on last time, if you do something to hurt them, they'll join in.


| HP: 43/43 | AC 20 (T12, FF 18) | CMB: +5 CMD: 17 (+4 vs. bull rush and trip) | F:+5 R:+3 W:+5 (+2 vs. poison, spells, spell-like) | Init +2 | Perc +13*, SM +11*, Diplomacy +3 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells: 2nd: 0/3, 1st: 1/5 | Mental Focus: Conjuration: 0/2, Divination: 0/4, Evocation: 4/4, Generic: 0/0 | Active Conditions: Casting Focus (+1), Intense Focus (+2), Third Eye (+2), Heightened Awareness (50 min)

Garrivek moves forward (20 ft. directly south), positioning himself to strike. He snaps his fingers, unleashing a blast of sonic energy among the korreds. He's casting sound burst on the intersection between pink and yellow, but one space further south of them. It's a 10 ft. burst, so it will strike pink and yellow, but no one else.

Sonic damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 (Plus they must pass a DC 15 Fortitude save or they're stunned for 1 round.


Female half-elf sorcerer 4 / oracle 1 | | HP: 29/33, Temp HP 0/0 | AC 20* (T 12, FF 18*) (+2 vs. Chaos)| CMB: +2 CMD: 14 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+9 (+2 vs. enchantments /poison/ sleep, immune to magical sleep) | Init +2 | Perc +2, Diplomacy +6, Handle Animal +9 | Speed 30 ft. | Oracle Spells: 1st: 3/4 | Sorcerer Spells: 2nd: 3/4, 1st: 4/6 | Channel: 2/5, Tanglevine: 5/7 | Imp. Iron Will: 0/1, Unbreakable Survivor: 0/1 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor (1 hour)

Aramis waves her wand, sending a magical bolt of force at the purple korred.

Magic Missile: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Then she hustles a little closer. (Going... three spaces south.)


HP: 46/48; NL: 10; Force Ward: 10/10 AC: 18 (touch 14; FF 14; +1 vs goblinoids); CMD 15 | F/R/W: +8/+8/+2; Init: +4; Perc: +9;

From his vantage point, Arryn has a clear line of attack against purple (and my Pythagorean theorem tells me it’s 26ish feet away), so he lifts a fist-sized rock and lets fly.

Empowered Attack: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 1 + 1 = 11

He seriously misjudges his height differential and just misses clocking Dregg instead.


male half-orc Scarred Wanderer 5
Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 49 | AC 16 ( 12 T / 15 FF) | Fort +8 / Ref +4 / Will +3 | CMD 19 | Perception + 12 | Survival +11 | Handle Animal +9 | Climb, Know (dungeon, nature), Stealth +7

Reflex Save (DC 14): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Reflex Save (DC 14): 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 4 - 2 = 19
Reflex Save (DC 14): 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 - 2 = 5

”Alright, you smelly grabbybeards, stop pushing. There’s enough Dregg to go around. Heh.” Dregg chuckles as the korreds come in close and press in again. His axe flashes in a bright arc, the hammering after images rushing along behind, as he tries to finish one of his drunken foes.

Greataxe: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27for: 3d6 + 13 ⇒ (5, 5, 2) + 13 = 25

Move action: accurate stance
Standard: chop same korred as last round

Status:

HP: 46/49 | Temp: 0/10
AC: 12 (8 T / 13 FF) (-2 entangle, -2 rage)
CMD: 16 (-2 entangle)
F/R/W: +8/+2/+5 (-2 entangle, +2 rage)
Rage rounds used: 3/8
Limited Focus used: 1/10
Spell slots used
Level 1: 2/3
Bless (bead): 0/1
Cure serious wounds, remove blindness/deafness, or remove disease (bead): 0/1

-Ongoing Effects-
Rage: +2 to hit, +2 damage, +2 Will, -2 AC, +2 temp HP
Accurate stance: +1 to hit
Power attack: -2/+6
Focus: +2 Str
Feather step: 30 minutes

Weirdly, my flat footed AC is higher than my regular AC after that entangle.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Round 1:

Aramis: 9
Arryn: 6
Garrivek: 4
Isabella: 23
Dregg: 14
Antagonist: 12

Aramis' wand doesn't seem to hurt the korred at all, the magical dart just seeming to fizzle into sparkles as it hits its target. Similarly, one of the two creatures ignores Garrivek's magic as he picks his way forward, though the second claps his hands to his ears and staggers for a moment.

Though it didn't hurt Arryn, the noise seemed to distract him, and he involuntarily sends the rock flying far from its intended direction. That in turn startles Isabella, whose blade gets dragged down by the grasping hair. Dregg suffers no similar problems, and he chops one of the hairy little humanoids down.

They fight back, hair grabbing at Isabella and Dregg, as they swing their clubs wildly. need a DC 14 Reflex save from Dregg, and 2 from Isabella, or be entangled for 1 round

Mechanics:

Wand CL?: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Garrivek CL?: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Garrivek CL?: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Yellow Fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Longsword: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Green: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Purple: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Purple: 22
Pink: 25
Yellow: 11, stunned 1 round

All Ks: 1


male half-orc Scarred Wanderer 5
Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 49 | AC 16 ( 12 T / 15 FF) | Fort +8 / Ref +4 / Will +3 | CMD 19 | Perception + 12 | Survival +11 | Handle Animal +9 | Climb, Know (dungeon, nature), Stealth +7

Presuming the korreds kept their same targets, it looks like Green actually hit me: rage and entangle have brought my AC down to 12

Reflex Save (DC 14): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


HP: 46/48; NL: 10; Force Ward: 10/10 AC: 18 (touch 14; FF 14; +1 vs goblinoids); CMD 15 | F/R/W: +8/+8/+2; Init: +4; Perc: +9;

Arryn tried again on purple.

Attack; Empowered: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 1 + 1 = 12 Ha!! Turns out having the high ground is highly overrated.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Thanks, Dregg.
Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


male half-orc Scarred Wanderer 5
Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 49 | AC 16 ( 12 T / 15 FF) | Fort +8 / Ref +4 / Will +3 | CMD 19 | Perception + 12 | Survival +11 | Handle Animal +9 | Climb, Know (dungeon, nature), Stealth +7

This is happening to the kineticists in all of motteditor's games right now, Arryn. You're not alone!

Dregg chuckles as he gets wrapped up in prickly beard yet again. "You dumb korreds don't learn do you?" The half-orc tries to bring the lesson home once more with another heavy swing of his axe.

Greataxe: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28for: 3d6 + 13 ⇒ (1, 3, 3) + 13 = 20

Status:

HP: 41/49 | Temp: 0/10
AC: 12 (8 T / 13 FF) (-2 entangle, -2 rage)
CMD: 16 (-2 entangle)
F/R/W: +8/+2/+5 (-2 entangle, +2 rage)
Rage rounds used: 3/8
Limited Focus used: 1/10
Spell slots used
Level 1: 2/3
Bless (bead): 0/1
Cure serious wounds, remove blindness/deafness, or remove disease (bead): 0/1

-Ongoing Effects-
Rage: +2 to hit, +2 damage, +2 Will, -2 AC, +2 temp HP
Accurate stance: +1 to hit
Power attack: -2/+6
Focus: +2 Str
Feather step: 30 minutes


| HP: 43/43 | AC 20 (T12, FF 18) | CMB: +5 CMD: 17 (+4 vs. bull rush and trip) | F:+5 R:+3 W:+5 (+2 vs. poison, spells, spell-like) | Init +2 | Perc +13*, SM +11*, Diplomacy +3 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells: 2nd: 0/3, 1st: 1/5 | Mental Focus: Conjuration: 0/2, Divination: 0/4, Evocation: 4/4, Generic: 0/0 | Active Conditions: Casting Focus (+1), Intense Focus (+2), Third Eye (+2), Heightened Awareness (50 min)

Garrivek moves forward, drawing his dorn-dergar as he goes, (stopping 10 ft. from the purple one) then swings at the purple korred!

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Magic B Damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


Female half-elf sorcerer 4 / oracle 1 | | HP: 29/33, Temp HP 0/0 | AC 20* (T 12, FF 18*) (+2 vs. Chaos)| CMB: +2 CMD: 14 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+9 (+2 vs. enchantments /poison/ sleep, immune to magical sleep) | Init +2 | Perc +2, Diplomacy +6, Handle Animal +9 | Speed 30 ft. | Oracle Spells: 1st: 3/4 | Sorcerer Spells: 2nd: 3/4, 1st: 4/6 | Channel: 2/5, Tanglevine: 5/7 | Imp. Iron Will: 0/1, Unbreakable Survivor: 0/1 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor (1 hour)

Aramis moves four spaces south, then tries again, sending another magic missile at the purple korred as she gets closer to the fight.

Force Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Round 2:

Aramis: 9
Arryn: 6
Garrivek: 4
Isabella: 23
Dregg: 14
Antagonist: 12

Aramis blasts one of the fey with her magic, but Arryn struggles, teetering on the wall as he tries to throw something with his mind in a strange instance of Newtonian phyics reacting with his magic. He misses badly.

Dregg proves again more capable than his friend, killing one of the attackers, while Isabella -- despite being entangled -- manages to work with Garrivek on the other. The dwarf misses, but it opens up an opportunity for the half-elf, who drives her blade home.

Unfortunately, the thing stays on its feet, and starts laughing drunkenly in a horrible cacaphony DC 12 Fortitude save for all or be stunned for 1d2 ⇒ 2 rounds. The other swings again at Dregg, who lets the impact dissipate on his armor.

Mechanics:

Aramis CL: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Isabella Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Isabella Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Isabella attack: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 8 - 2 = 20
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Yellow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Purple: 28
Yellow: 11, stunned 1 round

All Ks: 1


HP: 46/48; NL: 10; Force Ward: 10/10 AC: 18 (touch 14; FF 14; +1 vs goblinoids); CMD 15 | F/R/W: +8/+8/+2; Init: +4; Perc: +9;

Fort: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Attack: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 8 + 1 + 1 = 13 Oh, for Pete’s sake!!!
Arryn grabs another rock and flings it at the laughing korred’s open mouth. Alas, once again his aim is poor and Arryn considers whether or not he’d be better off on the ground after all. He stays where he is for now.


Female Half-Elf Ranger 5; Init +5; Senses Low-light vision; Perception +12; AC 18 (+3 Dex., +4 armour, +1 shield); hp 44; Fort +6, Ref +7, Will +3

Fort. 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

=.= *sigh*


Female half-elf sorcerer 4 / oracle 1 | | HP: 29/33, Temp HP 0/0 | AC 20* (T 12, FF 18*) (+2 vs. Chaos)| CMB: +2 CMD: 14 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+9 (+2 vs. enchantments /poison/ sleep, immune to magical sleep) | Init +2 | Perc +2, Diplomacy +6, Handle Animal +9 | Speed 30 ft. | Oracle Spells: 1st: 3/4 | Sorcerer Spells: 2nd: 3/4, 1st: 4/6 | Channel: 2/5, Tanglevine: 5/7 | Imp. Iron Will: 0/1, Unbreakable Survivor: 0/1 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor (1 hour)

Fortitude: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Aramis waves her wand at the purple korred again, sending another magic missile at his open mouth.

Force Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
CL: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17 (Is it a caster level check I should be rolling for here? If so, I've included one. Otherwise let me know and I won't bother next round).

Then she moves two steps further south.


| HP: 43/43 | AC 20 (T12, FF 18) | CMB: +5 CMD: 17 (+4 vs. bull rush and trip) | F:+5 R:+3 W:+5 (+2 vs. poison, spells, spell-like) | Init +2 | Perc +13*, SM +11*, Diplomacy +3 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells: 2nd: 0/3, 1st: 1/5 | Mental Focus: Conjuration: 0/2, Divination: 0/4, Evocation: 4/4, Generic: 0/0 | Active Conditions: Casting Focus (+1), Intense Focus (+2), Third Eye (+2), Heightened Awareness (50 min)

Fortitude: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Garrivek's mouth goes agape.

Garrivek is stunned for two rounds.


male half-orc Scarred Wanderer 5
Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 49 | AC 16 ( 12 T / 15 FF) | Fort +8 / Ref +4 / Will +3 | CMD 19 | Perception + 12 | Survival +11 | Handle Animal +9 | Climb, Know (dungeon, nature), Stealth +7

AC's still 12 thanks to entangle and rage, so Yellow got me again. Ouch: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Fort Save (DC 12): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Ref Save (DC 14): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Dregg frowns at the korred who struck him, but his face darkens to a scowl as the other nearby korred begins caterwauling. "Stupid grabby-beard. Quit it with that racket!" The half orc then buries his axe in the laughing korred's face, hoping to bring an end to the shrill, gurgling noise it's making.

Greataxe: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28for: 3d6 + 13 ⇒ (2, 5, 6) + 13 = 26

Status:

HP: 33/49 | Temp: 0/10
AC: 12 (8 T / 13 FF) (-2 entangle, -2 rage)
CMD: 16 (-2 entangle)
F/R/W: +8/+2/+5 (-2 entangle, +2 rage)
Rage rounds used: 3/8
Limited Focus used: 1/10
Spell slots used
Level 1: 2/3
Bless (bead): 0/1
Cure serious wounds, remove blindness/deafness, or remove disease (bead): 0/1

-Ongoing Effects-
Rage: +2 to hit, +2 damage, +2 Will, -2 AC, +2 temp HP
Accurate stance: +1 to hit
Power attack: -2/+6
Focus: +2 Str
Feather step: 30 minutes

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Yes, Aramis, CL check is required.

Round 3:

Aramis: 9
Arryn: 6
Garrivek: 4
Isabella: 23
Dregg: 14
Antagonist: 12

Garrivek and Isabella are stunned by the strange laughter, and even Arryn's aim is thrown off as he shakes the effects off.

Dregg and Aramis, however, are unaffected, and they brings steel and sorcery to bear, killing the laughing creature and its companion in a final spasm of violence.

Arryn rejoins the group as the others recover, the remaining korreds seemingly still more interested in their drink than your actions.

Combat over


HP: 46/48; NL: 10; Force Ward: 10/10 AC: 18 (touch 14; FF 14; +1 vs goblinoids); CMD 15 | F/R/W: +8/+8/+2; Init: +4; Perc: +9;

”Interesting. I would like to assume that if I were being slaughtered, the rest of you would at least bother to put your tankards down long enough to help,” Arryn says wryly.

Are there any interior entrances they could maybe get to whilst still giving the other get a wide berth?


| HP: 43/43 | AC 20 (T12, FF 18) | CMB: +5 CMD: 17 (+4 vs. bull rush and trip) | F:+5 R:+3 W:+5 (+2 vs. poison, spells, spell-like) | Init +2 | Perc +13*, SM +11*, Diplomacy +3 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells: 2nd: 0/3, 1st: 1/5 | Mental Focus: Conjuration: 0/2, Divination: 0/4, Evocation: 4/4, Generic: 0/0 | Active Conditions: Casting Focus (+1), Intense Focus (+2), Third Eye (+2), Heightened Awareness (50 min)

Garrivek collects his weapon and moves over to Dregg. He pulls out a wand and taps him with it.

Wand of Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Wand of Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

You're near full now, Dregg?


male half-orc Scarred Wanderer 5
Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 49 | AC 16 ( 12 T / 15 FF) | Fort +8 / Ref +4 / Will +3 | CMD 19 | Perception + 12 | Survival +11 | Handle Animal +9 | Climb, Know (dungeon, nature), Stealth +7

Dregg chuckles at Garrivek, ”Heh, you know, you’re alright, Beltbuckle. You’re alright.” He claps the dwarf on the shoulder then rolls his neck from side to side a few times. He then nudges Arryn and jerks his thumb toward the keep, ”Let’s get to it. Those grabbybeards are sober enough to know they don’t want any more of us.”

Status:

HP: 48/49 | Temp: 0/10
AC: 12 (8 T / 13 FF) (-2 entangle, -2 rage)
CMD: 16 (-2 entangle)
F/R/W: +8/+2/+5 (-2 entangle, +2 rage)
Rage rounds used: 4/8
Limited Focus used: 1/10
Spell slots used
Level 1: 2/3
Bless (bead): 0/1
Cure serious wounds, remove blindness/deafness, or remove disease (bead): 1/1

-Ongoing Effects-
Rage: +2 to hit, +2 damage, +2 Will, -2 AC, +2 temp HP
Accurate stance: +1 to hit
Power attack: -2/+6
Focus: +2 Str
Feather step: 30 minutes

Thanks, Garrivek. I’m just 1 hp shy of full, so fit as a fiddle.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

There are doors to the two towers to the west; one to the tower to the southeast; and the double doors to the east. There's also the closed door partway up from the collapsed tower (red star on the overall map), though that would require scrambling up the rubble and then climbing to get to it.


HP: 46/48; NL: 10; Force Ward: 10/10 AC: 18 (touch 14; FF 14; +1 vs goblinoids); CMD 15 | F/R/W: +8/+8/+2; Init: +4; Perc: +9;

Double doors to the east looks good to Arryn.


| HP: 43/43 | AC 20 (T12, FF 18) | CMB: +5 CMD: 17 (+4 vs. bull rush and trip) | F:+5 R:+3 W:+5 (+2 vs. poison, spells, spell-like) | Init +2 | Perc +13*, SM +11*, Diplomacy +3 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells: 2nd: 0/3, 1st: 1/5 | Mental Focus: Conjuration: 0/2, Divination: 0/4, Evocation: 4/4, Generic: 0/0 | Active Conditions: Casting Focus (+1), Intense Focus (+2), Third Eye (+2), Heightened Awareness (50 min)

Yup, Garrivek's fine with the double doors.


Female half-elf sorcerer 4 / oracle 1 | | HP: 29/33, Temp HP 0/0 | AC 20* (T 12, FF 18*) (+2 vs. Chaos)| CMB: +2 CMD: 14 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+9 (+2 vs. enchantments /poison/ sleep, immune to magical sleep) | Init +2 | Perc +2, Diplomacy +6, Handle Animal +9 | Speed 30 ft. | Oracle Spells: 1st: 3/4 | Sorcerer Spells: 2nd: 3/4, 1st: 4/6 | Channel: 2/5, Tanglevine: 5/7 | Imp. Iron Will: 0/1, Unbreakable Survivor: 0/1 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor (1 hour)

Sounds good.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

You move in through the doubledoors, to find a lofty entry hall with a set of stairs ascending to the north, and a swinging door to the east. The odor of cooking meat wafts from the eastern door. Angled halls exit to the north and south, ending at stout wooden doors. Thick tapestries depicting forest scenes adorn the walls, but each tapestry is badly torn and stained with blood.

Before you can take in anymore, you see a creature -- a hulking patchwork of rotten cloth and grotesque skin, with stray bits of straw poking out the seams -- lumber out from under the stairs to the north!

Know (arcana) DC 15:

It's a skinstitch, a crude construct made of cloth, leather, hides, and skins sewn together. They're usually created by a spellcaster lacking the power, talent, or gold to craft a flesh golem.

Knowledge (nature) or Perception DC 20:

You notice a bulge in the stomach that looks oddly familiar. A moment later, you realize you hear a buzzing and that the bulge is probably a wasp nest! You suspect if you do bludgeoning or slashing damage to the creature, you may disturb the wasps and create a swarm to come after you!

Initiative:

Aramis: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Arryn: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Dregg: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Garrivek: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Isabella (+2 in forests): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Antagonist: 1d20 ⇒ 4

Party is up.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Aramis calls out a warning, about a wasp's nest in its stomach: "Don't hit or cut it," she calls. "Arrows and other piercing weapons away from the stomach! Otherwise we'll have wasps to deal with too!"

Garrivek looks surprised.

"The creator must have sewn it in," he says. "It's a skinstitch, a poor man's flesh golem. Probably doesn't like fire. Speaking of which, do I have a story to tell you, about this time I was in a house of flesh and this one lovely lady did the most amazing things with a fire brand. I'd never seen anything like it, but let me tell you ..."

Whatever else he was about to regale you wish is lost as the creature moves closer and prepares to fight.

Aramis Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Garrivek Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Garrivek Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14


HP: 46/48; NL: 10; Force Ward: 10/10 AC: 18 (touch 14; FF 14; +1 vs goblinoids); CMD 15 | F/R/W: +8/+8/+2; Init: +4; Perc: +9;

Arryn nods in acknowledgement. He reaches into his quiver and retrieves one of the arrows he picked up from Scarvinious’ camp. The arrow hovers for a moment, begins to spin quickly, and then shoots towards the creature, burrowing hopefully somewhere around it’s neck.

Attack, empowered: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 8 + 1 + 1 = 22
Damage: 3d6 + 3 + 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1, 5, 4) + 3 + 4 + 1 + 2 = 20 x 1.5 = 30.


Female Half-Elf Ranger 5; Init +5; Senses Low-light vision; Perception +12; AC 18 (+3 Dex., +4 armour, +1 shield); hp 44; Fort +6, Ref +7, Will +3

"Well, that's just lovely, innit?" Isabella harrumphs as she swaps out her sword for a warhammer and unslings her shield. "Any of you magical folks know how ta set this thing alight?"

Double move to switch my kit.


male half-orc Scarred Wanderer 5
Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 49 | AC 16 ( 12 T / 15 FF) | Fort +8 / Ref +4 / Will +3 | CMD 19 | Perception + 12 | Survival +11 | Handle Animal +9 | Climb, Know (dungeon, nature), Stealth +7

Dregg shoots Aramis a scandalized look, "What do you mean, 'don't cut it?' This is a big damn axe, all it does is cut!" Frowning, he turns to the skinstich and cracks his neck from one side to the other.

Sliding across the table, Dregg rushes to the opposite side and tries to draw the lumbering thing's attention with a heavily tossed stool. "Hey! Bugbelly! Over here!"

Furniture: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20for: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

right 4 squares, up 2 squares, hurl chair

Status:

HP: 48/49 | Temp: 0/10
AC: 16 (12 T / 15 FF)
CMD: 18
F/R/W: +8/+4/+3
Rage rounds used: 4/8
Limited Focus used: 1/10
Spell slots used
Level 1: 2/3
Bless (bead): 0/1
Cure serious wounds, remove blindness/deafness, or remove disease (bead): 1/1

-Ongoing Effects-
Rage: +2 to hit, +2 damage, +2 Will, -2 AC, +2 temp HP
Accurate stance: +1 to hit
Power attack: -2/+6
Focus: +2 Str
Feather step: 30 minutes

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Round 1:

Garrivek: 20
Arryn: 15
Isabella: 14
Dregg: 9
Aramis: 5
Antagonist: 4

Garrivek steps up and casts a quick spell, spraying fire at the construct, which starts burning, smoke filling its area. A moment later, Dregg and Arryn enter the fray. The half-orc's chair bounces off the construct, which barely seems to notice it, but the arrow drives through its head, scattering sawdust everywhere. If it only had a brain, it might be dead.

Isabella switches her weapons, while Aramis pulls her elm wand and blasts it. It starts to stagger forward, but the fire continues to burn and it falls apart before it can get anywhere, the arm falling off as it swings at Garrivek.

Mechanics:

Skins Reflex: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
5d4 ⇒ (1, 3, 4, 3, 4) = 15
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Skins: 52

Just enough HP with that missile; note that Aramis used 1 missile charge, Garrivek used 1 first-level spell


Female Half-Elf Ranger 5; Init +5; Senses Low-light vision; Perception +12; AC 18 (+3 Dex., +4 armour, +1 shield); hp 44; Fort +6, Ref +7, Will +3

"Well. That works," Isabella says, shrugging.


HP: 46/48; NL: 10; Force Ward: 10/10 AC: 18 (touch 14; FF 14; +1 vs goblinoids); CMD 15 | F/R/W: +8/+8/+2; Init: +4; Perc: +9;

”Just ewww. Did wizards just not have enough friends as a child that they feel the need to make...these?”

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Aramis carefully approaches the remains, and manages to extricate the wasp's nest. She looks around to see if anyone wants it.

"This could be useful," she says. It's a wasp nest of swarming.

That taken care of, you decide to head to your left, to see what might be in the shattered tower. As you get close, you see a thin red fluid puddled on the ground at the base of the door. It's too thin to be blood (or at least normal human/elf/dwarf blood).


HP: 46/48; NL: 10; Force Ward: 10/10 AC: 18 (touch 14; FF 14; +1 vs goblinoids); CMD 15 | F/R/W: +8/+8/+2; Init: +4; Perc: +9;

”If it’s something that needs to be thrown a long ways into some enemies, let me carry it around,” Arryn suggests.

He eyes the red puddle suspiciously. ”What happened here? Do we even know if this one of the Rangers’ foxholes?”


male half-orc Scarred Wanderer 5
Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 49 | AC 16 ( 12 T / 15 FF) | Fort +8 / Ref +4 / Will +3 | CMD 19 | Perception + 12 | Survival +11 | Handle Animal +9 | Climb, Know (dungeon, nature), Stealth +7

Dregg nods at Arryn, ”Sure, yeah. I still think we need to find you a real sturdy disk or something. You’re just a natural with those plates for some reason.”

He then frowns at the wet stain up the floor, kneeling down beside it to get a better look. He sniffs cautiously, his frown deepening as he works his jaw side to side while considering the substance.

What’s This Then?: 1d20 ⇒ 7 +11 if Survival / +8 if Knowledge (dungeoneering or nature)

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

It smells like wine, a deeply tannic varietal.


male half-orc Scarred Wanderer 5
Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 49 | AC 16 ( 12 T / 15 FF) | Fort +8 / Ref +4 / Will +3 | CMD 19 | Perception + 12 | Survival +11 | Handle Animal +9 | Climb, Know (dungeon, nature), Stealth +7

Dregg dips two fingers into the puddle, then pulls back suddenly holding his fingers with his other hand as he howls, ”Ahh! Ahh! It’s burning! Burning through my skin! Ahhh-hah hah heh. Nahh. It’s just wine.” He licks his fingers dry then shakes his head. ”Meh. Not good.”

He stands up then and throws open the door. ”Maybe there’s a smokehouse like the one we found with the big cat and the zombies!” The thought invigorates the half orc and he starts moving quicker as the group explores the building.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

The wine on Dregg's fingers seem to evaporate as he tries to lick them. Nonetheless, he throws open the door to reveal the ceiling in the room is only six feet from the floor, and consists of cracked beams and blocks of stone pressing down from the collapsed tower above. Chunks of wood and stone litter the room, with a particularly large specimen covering half of a once-fine writing desk. A few black scales are scattered throughout this room.

A spectral figure stands at the desk, scratching his head and muttering in a voice too quiet to hear as he flips through a book. He doesn't seem to have noticed the door open.


HP: 46/48; NL: 10; Force Ward: 10/10 AC: 18 (touch 14; FF 14; +1 vs goblinoids); CMD 15 | F/R/W: +8/+8/+2; Init: +4; Perc: +9;

Arryn freezes in dread at the sight of the phantom, every hair on his neck and arms at full attention. His jaw works silently up and down as he stares, transfixed.


Female Half-Elf Ranger 5; Init +5; Senses Low-light vision; Perception +12; AC 18 (+3 Dex., +4 armour, +1 shield); hp 44; Fort +6, Ref +7, Will +3

"Arright, then," Isabella says. "That's no good. How are we for ghost-killing magic?"


male half-orc Scarred Wanderer 5
Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 49 | AC 16 ( 12 T / 15 FF) | Fort +8 / Ref +4 / Will +3 | CMD 19 | Perception + 12 | Survival +11 | Handle Animal +9 | Climb, Know (dungeon, nature), Stealth +7

Dregg glances back at the others and shrugs at Isabella’s question. Slowly turning back to the spectral figure, he asks, ”Uhhh. Hey there. You need a hand with that? Looks like you’ve got- uhhh- well, some big rocks on your desk.”

2,251 to 2,300 of 2,383 << first < prev | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Motteditor's Ironfang Invasion PBP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.