Kingmaker

Game Master Malinor.

A small group sets out to tame the wilds. With summer ahead of them they have all the time in the world...

Kingmaker Campaign and City Maps

Kingmaker - Calendar, Loot Sheet, Notable Persons, Quests Take 2.0

Combat Map - Lair of the Lizard King

Sword Marches Stats

Kingmaker Campaign Rules

Perception:

[dice=Ser Andreas Perception]d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Rillka Perception]d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Rhavi Perception]d20+17[/dice]
[dice=Akilina Perception]d20+8[/dice]
[dice=Jackob Perception]d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Caerwyn Perception]d20+10[/dice]

Initiative:

[dice=Ser Andreas Init]d20+2+1[/dice]
[dice=Rillka Init]d20+5+1[/dice]
[dice=Rhavi Init]d20+2+1[/dice]
[dice=Akilina Init]d20+4+1[/dice]
[dice=Jackob Init]d20+1+1[/dice]
[dice=Caerwyn Init]d20+10+1[/dice]


3,751 to 3,800 of 3,929 << first < prev | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | next > last >>

LN Human Magus (Soul Forger) |HP 35/35 | AC 16 T12 F14 | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +6 | Speed 30 | scimitar+1 +8 1d6+5/18-20 | CMB +7 CMD 19/F17 | shortbow +5 1d6/x3 | Init +2 | Percep +1 | SM +1 | Conditions:| EA: Detect Magic

Albert takes out his scimitar and attempts to look menacing, hoping to dissuade anyone else from interfering.

Indimiate: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

He fumbles a bit with his sword, serving only to intimidate the most inexperienced fighters.


KM Handouts Headwaters

Good to see you Albert. If you wish to change that action when your turn comes up you can, or we will run with that.

Behind the Screen:

Crocodile 1 Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Crocodile 1 Grab: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26

Crocodile 1 Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Crocodile 1 Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Crocodile 1 Grab: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31

Crocodile 1 Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Sir Andreas steps forward and stabs the lizardfolk who seemed to turn on your guide. He then yells something at the larger lizardfolk who came forward. Before the larger lizardfolk can react, the two large lizards move forward with incredible speed and both strike hard at the knight and latch on to him.

Both of the large lizards have Grabbed Sir Andreas. Jackob, Rhavi and Rilka are up!

Initiative: Round 1 Bold Names Go!
Ser Andreas [28/43]
Lizards
Jackob
Rhavi
Rillka
King
Albert?
Lizardfolk Villagers [-6/?;]


birthday: 6th of Kuthona Oracle 4. Exploration: under stress Follow the Expert, Otherwise foraging. HP 35 . Initiative +1. Perception +6. AC 17. Flat AC 14 Touch AC 13 CMD20 Saves f4 r3 w7

KN.Nature: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Stepping forward Jackob hurls a handful of red black and white colored sand before them. With a word in Sylvan the sand multiplies and flares with chaotic light. Casting Color Spray dc14 will negates. The 15' cone should miss Ulm but catch both large lizards and the brown thing to the near lisard's upper right.

One 1st level spell cast.


Halfling CN Female Halfling Arcanist 4 HP:22/22 AC:14 T:13 FF:11 F:+3 R:+4 W:+7 Perc:+8 Init:+4 CMB:+1 CMD:+132 | Spells 0|~ 1|6|EA=Mapping

Rillka casts Snowball at the far lizard.

Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 +DC 15 Fort or Staggered 1 rd
Dam: 4d6 ⇒ (1, 1, 4, 3) = 9 Cold

Tall Folk Rillka calls out to Andreas as she tosses the ball of ice, What is wrong with these things? - You can't tell me that there are creatures that don't find you too tough and stringy to be palatable?


| HP: 25/31 | AC: 21 (12 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: 4, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +17, Lowlight vision | Exploration Action: Investigation | Bomb: 2/6 | Inspiration 5/5 | Cognatogen (+4 int, -2 str, +2 AC) | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Shield |PDF character sheet
Extracts:
Alchemist - bomber's eye, heightened awareness, Cure Light Wound | Investigator: illusion of calm, shield, 1 unused

Can I target a square with my bombs? I think RAW is no, it has to be a creature or a intersection between squares, but it seems a little silly, you can't target a square.

If I can target a square, I would like to throw a bomb at the square above the right hand lizard, next to the Lizardman and use Splash weapon mastery to extend the splash damage to include the lizard king. That would give splash damage to the king, both lizards and the lizardman.

If I can't, I'll throw it at square below, which is the top left square of the right hand lizard, giving direct damage to the right hand lizard and splash damage to the other lizard and the Lizardman.

In both cases, I will exclude Andreas from the damage with Precise bombs.

Bomb attack, ranged touch attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Direct damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Splash damage is 5, Reflex save for half damage, dc 15

k Nature (to know about the lizards): 1d20 + 1d6 + 14 ⇒ (3) + (4) + 14 = 21
I did roll earlier (32 total), don't know if you wanted a new, but here you go :-)


KM Handouts Headwaters

Behind the Screen:

Lizard 1 Will Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Lizard 2 Will Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

King Reflex Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Lizard 1 Reflex Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Lizard 2 Reflex Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Lizardfolk Reflex Save: 1d20 ⇒ 1

Intimidate: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

Jackob sends a wave of color over the two lizards, but their lizard minds seem too dull to really note the strange colors as they continue to try and rip the limbs off of Sir Alister.

Rhavi throws a bomb that splashes over both creatures that she knows as Blood Caimen, the King and a lizard who is standing at the door and was hissing at the group. The King and one of the blood caimans manage to dodge the worst of the blast.

The king moves forward and points and hisses in anger at Rhavi. The evil look and strange hiss sends a shiver down her spine.

Rhavi:

They are Blood Caiman, which are just a named version of Crocodiles. You know they grab their prey and then perform death rolls which causes damage and knocks their prey prone. Although, they tend to be rather slow when waling on solid ground, they can occasionally sprint, which you think at least one of them did to get so quickly to Sir Andreas. They can also hold their breath for several minutes at a time.

You can target a square. It will just do splash damage to all targets.

The king tried to Intimidated you. You are Shaken for 2 rounds.

Initiative: Round 1 Bold Names Go!
Ser Andreas [28/43]
Blood Caiman 1 [-2/?]
Blood Caiman 2 [-5/?]
Jackob
Rhavi [Shaken 2 Rounds]
Rillka
King [-2/?]
Albert
Lizardfolk Villagers [-6/?; -5/?]

Albert, you are up!


LN Human Magus (Soul Forger) |HP 35/35 | AC 16 T12 F14 | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +6 | Speed 30 | scimitar+1 +8 1d6+5/18-20 | CMB +7 CMD 19/F17 | shortbow +5 1d6/x3 | Init +2 | Percep +1 | SM +1 | Conditions:| EA: Detect Magic

Albert casts Mage Armor on himself and wails as moves to engage the villager closest to the king. No point trying to communicate now..

Mage Armor: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

4 duplicates.


KM Handouts Headwaters

Albert, I am guessing you meant Mirror Image and not Mage Armor which gives you a +4 armor bonus instead of images. If that is not the case please let me know.

Albert casts a spell on himself and moves forward.

Behind the Screen:

Lizardfolk A1 attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Lizardfolk A1 Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Lizardfolk A2 attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Lizardfolk A2 Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Lizardfolk A3 attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Lizardfolk A3 Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Lizardfolk A4 attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Lizardfolk A4 Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Lizardfolk B1 attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Lizardfolk B1 Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Lizardfolk B2 attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Lizardfolk B2 Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Lizardfolk B3 attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Lizardfolk B3 Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Lizardfolk A1 attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

Lizardfolk A1 Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

The lizardfolk seem to engage with each other as the two sides seem to coalesce over whatever is happening in the village. The tough lizardfolk hide turns away most of the blows, but a lizardfolk on both sides ends up crying out in pain after the wave of morningstar blows finishes.

Sir Andreas, you are up!

Initiative: Round 1 Bold Names Go!
Sir Andreas [28/43; Grabbed]
Blood Caiman 1 [-2/?]
Blood Caiman 2 [-5/?]
Jackob
Rhavi [Shaken 2 Rounds]
Rillka
King [-2/?]
Albert
Lizardfolk Villagers [Side A: -6/?; -5/? 0/? -6/?// Side B: 0/? 0/? -3/? ]


Male HP:43/43 AC:21 T:13 FF:18 F:+6 R:+3 W:+2 Perc:+6 Init:2 Bastard Sword +9, 1d10+3 CMB:+6 CMD:+18 EA: Defend Human Cavalier 4

Andreas slams his weapon down as hard as he can onto the enemy while the two creatures grab on to him.
His aim is for the crocodile closest to the party.
Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


KM Handouts Headwaters

Sir Andreas swings, but having two large caimans tugging on his limbs throws off his swing and it glances off the crocodile's hide.

Behind the Screen:

Croc 1 Grapple Check: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22

Trip Check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Croc 1 Grapple Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Croc 1 Grapple Check: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31

Trip Check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Croc 1 Grapple Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Both crocodiles maintain the grasp on the warrior as they tuck their legs in and begin to roll over. Sir Andreas manages to stand through the first rolling crocodile, but the second manages to trip him up and he falls to the ground as the crocodiles continue to gnaw on him.

Initiative: Round 1 Bold Names Go!
Sir Andreas [10/43; Grabbed, Prone]
Blood Caiman 1 [-2/?]
Blood Caiman 2 [-5/?]
Jackob
Rhavi [Shaken 2 Rounds]
Rillka
King [-2/?]
Albert
Lizardfolk Villagers [Side A: -6/?; -5/? 0/? -6/?// Side B: 0/? 0/? -3/? ]

Jackob, Rhavi and Rillka are up.


birthday: 6th of Kuthona Oracle 4. Exploration: under stress Follow the Expert, Otherwise foraging. HP 35 . Initiative +1. Perception +6. AC 17. Flat AC 14 Touch AC 13 CMD20 Saves f4 r3 w7

Second verse same as the first.

A second wave of dazzling color erupts from the Oracles hand.

{Will dc 14. Should hit the lizards and avoid the King}

2 first level spells used.


KM Handouts Headwaters

Jackob is threatened. Did you want to cast that defensively?


KM Handouts Headwaters

Never mind, I reviewed the rules and although they can attack out of a grapple, they do not take attacks of opportunity.

Behind the Screen:

Croc 1 Will Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Croc 2 Will Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Jackob sends another blast of colorful lights which manage to affect both of the crocodiles. Stunned and blinded by the light, the two creatures release Sir Andreas who lies bloodied and prone on the ground.

Roll a d4 Jackob. Rhavi and Rillka are up!

Initiative: Round 1 Bold Names Go!
Sir Andreas [10/43; Prone]
Blood Caiman 1 [-2/? ; Stunned, Blind]
Blood Caiman 2 [-5/? ; Stunned, Blind]
Jackob
Rhavi [Shaken 2 Rounds]
Rillka
King [-2/?]
Albert
Lizardfolk Villagers [Side A: -6/?; -5/? 0/? -6/?// Side B: 0/? 0/? -3/? ]

Sir Andreas and Grappling commentary- Mainly for Sir Andreas:
So the Stunned condition means you drop everything you are holding and cannot take actions. Since the crocodiles control the grapples currently, they technically hold onto Sir Andreas and they cannot maintain the grapple on their next turn which would end it regardless. Because a grapple assumes that both parties are grappling with each other, the Stunned condition probably doesn't actually stop it. But you could just delay until after them and then be free when they failed the grapple. Instead of getting that bogged down in it though, I just had them release you now so you could act freely on your turn.

With that in mind Sir Andreas, if you prefer to continue to hold onto one or both crocodiles you are technically holding onto them as well. But since you are not a grappler, I am assuming you do not want to maintain the grapple and will let them just release you. If this is not a correct assumption, let me know and you can maintain the grapples if you want to try and make a grapple check on your turn. It does help reduce their AC a little, but would leave you in a bit of a lurch as well. If you want to do this, let me know and you would need to make a grapple check to do it when your turn comes up.


Male HP:43/43 AC:21 T:13 FF:18 F:+6 R:+3 W:+2 Perc:+6 Init:2 Bastard Sword +9, 1d10+3 CMB:+6 CMD:+18 EA: Defend Human Cavalier 4

I will let go of the beasts. so delay it is


Halfling CN Female Halfling Arcanist 4 HP:22/22 AC:14 T:13 FF:11 F:+3 R:+4 W:+7 Perc:+8 Init:+4 CMB:+1 CMD:+132 | Spells 0|~ 1|6|EA=Mapping

Rillka casts another Snowball at the far lizard.

Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19 +DC 15 Fort or Staggered 1 rd
Dam: 4d6 ⇒ (4, 1, 3, 3) = 11 Cold

Quit wiggling and hold those lizards still Tall Folk!


KM Handouts Headwaters

Someone give orders for Rhavi.


| HP: 25/31 | AC: 21 (12 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: 4, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +17, Lowlight vision | Exploration Action: Investigation | Bomb: 2/6 | Inspiration 5/5 | Cognatogen (+4 int, -2 str, +2 AC) | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Shield |PDF character sheet
Extracts:
Alchemist - bomber's eye, heightened awareness, Cure Light Wound | Investigator: illusion of calm, shield, 1 unused

Trying to avoid looking at the lizard king, feeling his gaze making my gut quiver, I throw another bomb, this time at the left Blood Caiman, upper left corner.

Bomb attack, ranged touch attack, shaken: 1d20 + 5 - 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 - 5 = 8
Direct damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Splash damage = 5, dc 15 reflex for half

Edit: Probably a miss, so miss direction: 1d8 ⇒ 3

2nd edit: 1 range increment, meaning 1 square off. If I understand it correctly, 3 is the square between the left Blood Caiman and the Lizardman attacking the friendly Lizardman (I've marked it with a red circle). I will exclude the friendly Lizardman and extend the splash zone to also hit the other lizardman attacking the friendly lizardman.


KM Handouts Headwaters

Apparently, my post from the other day did not go through. Sorry for the delay and lets try this again. Rhavi, you hit. I assume that you do expand and it the one you lizardfolk you can strike.

Also, I made a mistake. The King is actually Large sized. I got to his weapon damage and wondered what was going on. Because of this I will assume he was close enough to get splashed on as well by Rhavi.

Behind the Screen:

Croc 2 Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Lizardfolk 3 Reflex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

King Reflex Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Trident Attack at Sir Andreas: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24

Damage at Sir Andreas: 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (5, 2) + 10 = 17

Rillka sends a snowball at the left most blood caimen as Rhavi quickly preps and tosses another bomb at the same creature. Both strike the stunned and blind creature and between the cold and heat the creature is sundered and falls limply to the ground. The blast also strikes the king and one of the lizardfolk that seem like they are against you.

The king roars in fury and steps forward and stabs Sir Andreas through his shoulder. With the damage already done to him, the warrior drops unconscious on the ground.

Initiative: Round 1 Bold Names Go!
Sir Andreas [-7/43; Prone]
Blood Caiman 2 [-7/? ; Stunned, Blind]
Jackob
Rhavi [Shaken 1 Round]
Rillka
King [-7/?]
Albert
Lizardfolk Villagers [Side A: -6/?; -5/? 0/? -6/?// Side B: 0/? 0/? -3/? ]

Albert is Up!


LN Human Magus (Soul Forger) |HP 35/35 | AC 16 T12 F14 | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +6 | Speed 30 | scimitar+1 +8 1d6+5/18-20 | CMB +7 CMD 19/F17 | shortbow +5 1d6/x3 | Init +2 | Percep +1 | SM +1 | Conditions:| EA: Detect Magic

Seeing Andreas fall, Albert casts Shield on himself and steps into the fray near the party's leader. He yells to the other party members as he rushes forward, "I will try to hold them off while you get Ser Andreas back on his feet."

He moves so that the only AoO he draws is from the lizardfolk villager.


KM Handouts Headwaters

Behind the Screen:

Lizardfolk A1 attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Lizardfolk A1 Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Lizardfolk A2 attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Lizardfolk A2 Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Lizardfolk A3 attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Lizardfolk A3 Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Lizardfolk A4 attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Lizardfolk A4 Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Lizardfolk B1 attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Lizardfolk B1 Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Lizardfolk B2 attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Lizardfolk B2 Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Lizardfolk B3 attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Lizardfolk B3 Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Albert moves to guard the others from the massive lizard king while the battle rages around the group. The outnumbered lizardfolk who seem to be on your side rally at Albert's bravery, or in fear of what will happen to them if they lose, and manage to knock out two of the lizardfolk fighting you. Several others join the fray on both sides as the sounds of battle echo through the village.

Initiative: Round 1 Bold Names Go!
Sir Andreas [-7/43; Prone][/b]
Blood Caiman 2 [-7/? ; Stunned, Blind]
Jackob [Roll a D4 for the Color Spray Duration!]
Rhavi[Shaken 1 Round][
Rillka
King [-7/?]
Albert
Lizardfolk Villagers [Side A: 0/? -12/?; -7/? 0/? -12/? 0/?// Side B: 0/? 0/? -3/? 0/?]

Sir Andreas needs to make a Stabilization check as he will be down before anyone can aid him. Jackob, Rillka and Rhavi Go!


Halfling CN Female Halfling Arcanist 4 HP:22/22 AC:14 T:13 FF:11 F:+3 R:+4 W:+7 Perc:+8 Init:+4 CMB:+1 CMD:+132 | Spells 0|~ 1|6|EA=Mapping

Rillka moves up beside Jacob, then casts invisibility on him.
You are invisible, help the Andreas free from attacks. she says as she slaps him on the back to finish the spell.

I am not having the Tall Folk get eaten by a couple of lizards... not nearly heroic enough an end. She thinks as she does.


KM Handouts Headwaters

Anyone out there? Jackob and Rhavi are up and Sir Andreas needs to try and stabilize.


Male HP:43/43 AC:21 T:13 FF:18 F:+6 R:+3 W:+2 Perc:+6 Init:2 Bastard Sword +9, 1d10+3 CMB:+6 CMD:+18 EA: Defend Human Cavalier 4

Stabilize: 1d20 + 2 - 7 ⇒ (19) + 2 - 7 = 14


| HP: 25/31 | AC: 21 (12 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: 4, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +17, Lowlight vision | Exploration Action: Investigation | Bomb: 2/6 | Inspiration 5/5 | Cognatogen (+4 int, -2 str, +2 AC) | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Shield |PDF character sheet
Extracts:
Alchemist - bomber's eye, heightened awareness, Cure Light Wound | Investigator: illusion of calm, shield, 1 unused

As the Lizard king steps closer, Rhavi takes a deep breath and throws another bomb directly at him.

upper right corner, so the splash hits the remaining blood caiman, excluding friendly (up to 4, so should not be a problem)

Bomb attack, ranged touch attack, shaken: 1d20 + 5 - 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 - 5 = 4
Direct damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Splash damage = 5, dc 15 reflex for half

Potential miss direction: 1d8 ⇒ 1
That would hit the top left of the blood caiman. With splash weapon mastery, I can correct it with 1 square, so I instead would hit the lower right of the lizard king.


KM Handouts Headwaters

Someone give orders for Jackob.


Male HP:43/43 AC:21 T:13 FF:18 F:+6 R:+3 W:+2 Perc:+6 Init:2 Bastard Sword +9, 1d10+3 CMB:+6 CMD:+18 EA: Defend Human Cavalier 4

I would have him heal Andreas. I am not sure if he has spells left or not.


KM Handouts Headwaters

Albert told him to drag you away from the fight first. He is invisible so he can heal without provoking now or spend the turn dragging you away first so you can stand up, etc. without provoking AoOs. Which would you prefer?


| HP: 25/31 | AC: 21 (12 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: 4, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +17, Lowlight vision | Exploration Action: Investigation | Bomb: 2/6 | Inspiration 5/5 | Cognatogen (+4 int, -2 str, +2 AC) | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Shield |PDF character sheet
Extracts:
Alchemist - bomber's eye, heightened awareness, Cure Light Wound | Investigator: illusion of calm, shield, 1 unused

Andreas is stable, right? he made the check? If so, I would say drag now, heal next round. He gave Andreas 17 damage last time, so unless it is massive healing, you would probably go down right away again if within reach


Halfling CN Female Halfling Arcanist 4 HP:22/22 AC:14 T:13 FF:11 F:+3 R:+4 W:+7 Perc:+8 Init:+4 CMB:+1 CMD:+132 | Spells 0|~ 1|6|EA=Mapping

Would dragging him out of the threatened square provoke the same as standing? I would consider healing Andreas - Andreas can fight prone, crawl or make his own character death causing decisions from there...


KM Handouts Headwaters

Dragging would not provoke against anyone because the person provoking would be invisible. Crawling, standing up, or picking up a fallen weapon if Andreas does not opt to draw a backup weapon all provoke.


Male HP:43/43 AC:21 T:13 FF:18 F:+6 R:+3 W:+2 Perc:+6 Init:2 Bastard Sword +9, 1d10+3 CMB:+6 CMD:+18 EA: Defend Human Cavalier 4

I would not want to put anyone in jeopardy. Have him pull me out first then we can see what happens after that.


KM Handouts Headwaters

Behind the Screen:

King Reflex Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Caiman Reflex Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Jackob's spell duration: 1d4 ⇒ 1

King's Trident attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16

Kings Trident damage: 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (5, 2) + 10 = 17

Does it hit an image: 1d5 ⇒ 3 1 image gone. 3 remain.

Kings Bite Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

Kings Bite Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Critical Confirmation Kings Bite Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

Critical Confirmation Kings Bite Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Miss within 5. 1 image gone. 2 remain.

Rillka touches Jackob, and the oracle disappears from sight. Rhavi throws a bomb, but her aim is off and it lands between the Caiman and the king. Both manage to dodge the worst of the blast. Caiman's eyes clear but he still stands there wobbling and uneasy on his feet from the light. Jackob steps forward and grabs the unconscious Sir Andreas and drags him as far away from the king and Caiman as he can. The king drives his trident down at one of Albert's images and it pops as the massive tines of the trident pierce it. The king then snaps his massive jaws and looks like he would have bitten the top of Albert's head off, but another image takes the blow and Albert remains unharmed.

Initiative: Round 1 Bold Names Go!
Sir Andreas [-7/43; Prone][/b]
Blood Caiman 2 [-9/? ; Stunned 1 round]
Jackob [Invisible]
Rhavi
Rillka
King [-9/?]
Albert [Shield, Mirror Image-2 Images remain.]
Lizardfolk Villagers [Side A: 0/? -12/?; -7/? 0/? -12/? 0/?// Side B: 0/? 0/? -3/? 0/?]

Albert is up! I think that Albert's AC is 20 currently. If that is off, let me know.


LN Human Magus (Soul Forger) |HP 35/35 | AC 16 T12 F14 | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +6 | Speed 30 | scimitar+1 +8 1d6+5/18-20 | CMB +7 CMD 19/F17 | shortbow +5 1d6/x3 | Init +2 | Percep +1 | SM +1 | Conditions:| EA: Detect Magic

Albert takes a deep breath and takes a 5-foot step towards the lizard king. As he steps, he uses an immediate action to increase his concentration bonus and casts Corrosive Touch as he swings his scimitar.

Concentration (Casting Defensively): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

Failed, so will take AoOs before completing casting.


KM Handouts Headwaters

When you attempt to cast defensively and fail, you do not provoke an attack of opportunity. Instead you just lose the spell. You can still make your attack rolls, you just won't get the Corrosive Touch damage if you hit.


LN Human Magus (Soul Forger) |HP 35/35 | AC 16 T12 F14 | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +6 | Speed 30 | scimitar+1 +8 1d6+5/18-20 | CMB +7 CMD 19/F17 | shortbow +5 1d6/x3 | Init +2 | Percep +1 | SM +1 | Conditions:| EA: Detect Magic

Continuing with the scimitar attack against the lizardman king.

Scimitar+1: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 8 - 2 = 16
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


birthday: 6th of Kuthona Oracle 4. Exploration: under stress Follow the Expert, Otherwise foraging. HP 35 . Initiative +1. Perception +6. AC 17. Flat AC 14 Touch AC 13 CMD20 Saves f4 r3 w7

{Sorry for the radio silence. Life happened. Oh and if you still need that 1d4 ⇒ 3}

The fallen king slides spookily through the muck, his sword following beside him. Assuming I can grab the weapon as well as the royal.

2 of 7 first level spells used. 0 of 4 second level spells used.
I'll try to note spells used like on every post to make botting easier


KM Handouts Headwaters

I did make a roll for Jackob, but since he has now rolled it we will use that instead. So the crocodile remains blind and stunned instead of just stunned.

Albert steps forward and slashes at the king with a blade covered in acid, but misses.

Sir Andreas lies where he is as the Blood Caiman continues to droll senselessly.

Initiative: Round 1 Bold Names Go!
Sir Andreas [-7/43; Prone][/b]
Blood Caiman 2 [-9/? ; Stunned 1 round]
Jackob [Invisible]
Rhavi
Rillka
King [-9/?]
Albert [Shield, Mirror Image-2 Images remain.]
Lizardfolk Villagers [Side A: 0/? -12/?; -7/? 0/? -12/? 0/?// Side B: 0/? 0/? -3/? 0/?]

I believe Albert gets a second attack. See the discussion board.

Jackob, Rhavi and Rillka can go.


birthday: 6th of Kuthona Oracle 4. Exploration: under stress Follow the Expert, Otherwise foraging. HP 35 . Initiative +1. Perception +6. AC 17. Flat AC 14 Touch AC 13 CMD20 Saves f4 r3 w7

A voice from nowhere

The light of a candle
is transferred to another candle—
spring twilight.

~Yosa Buson

Jackob casts Cure Moderate wounds: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (6, 7) + 4 = 17
Have 17 hp Sir Andreas.

2 of 7 first level spells used. 1 of 4 second level spells used.
I'll try to note spells used on every post to make botting easier


Halfling CN Female Halfling Arcanist 4 HP:22/22 AC:14 T:13 FF:11 F:+3 R:+4 W:+7 Perc:+8 Init:+4 CMB:+1 CMD:+132 | Spells 0|~ 1|6|EA=Mapping

Delay


LN Human Magus (Soul Forger) |HP 35/35 | AC 16 T12 F14 | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +6 | Speed 30 | scimitar+1 +8 1d6+5/18-20 | CMB +7 CMD 19/F17 | shortbow +5 1d6/x3 | Init +2 | Percep +1 | SM +1 | Conditions:| EA: Detect Magic

Bonus Attack: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 8 - 2 = 14

Missed again on the bonus attack.


| HP: 25/31 | AC: 21 (12 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: 4, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +17, Lowlight vision | Exploration Action: Investigation | Bomb: 2/6 | Inspiration 5/5 | Cognatogen (+4 int, -2 str, +2 AC) | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Shield |PDF character sheet
Extracts:
Alchemist - bomber's eye, heightened awareness, Cure Light Wound | Investigator: illusion of calm, shield, 1 unused

Rhavi lets another bomb fly, this time at the remaining caiman, hoping to take one threat off the board. (upper left corner, Albert is of course excluded)

Bomb attack, ranged touch attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Direct damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Splash damage = 5, dc 15 reflex for half


KM Handouts Headwaters

Behind the Screen:

Kings Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Trident Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13

Trident Damage: 2d6 + 11 ⇒ (1, 2) + 11 = 14

Bite Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

Bite Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Rillka throws another bomb that burns the caiman and splashes fully onto the king. The King tries to dodge but fails to do so. It does throw him off and his Trident attack fully misses Albert. His bite though takes another head off of a Mirror Image leaving two Albert's standing in front of him.

Initiative: Bold Names Go!
Sir Andreas [-7/43; Prone][/b]
Blood Caiman 2 [-16/? ; Blind and Stunned 1 round]
Jackob [Invisible]
Rhavi
Rillka [delayed]
King [-14/?]
Albert [Shield, Mirror Image-1 Images remain.]
Lizardfolk Villagers [Side A: 0/? -12/?; -7/? 0/? -12/? 0/?// Side B: 0/? 0/? -3/? 0/?]

Albert you are up! Rillka go if you wish!


LN Human Magus (Soul Forger) |HP 35/35 | AC 16 T12 F14 | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +6 | Speed 30 | scimitar+1 +8 1d6+5/18-20 | CMB +7 CMD 19/F17 | shortbow +5 1d6/x3 | Init +2 | Percep +1 | SM +1 | Conditions:| EA: Detect Magic

Albert uses his arcane pool to add an enhancement bonus to his weapon and takes another swing at the lizardman king.
Scimitar: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Acid: 4d4 ⇒ (2, 4, 3, 2) = 11

If that hits, it's 18 total damage.


KM Handouts Headwaters

Albert slice into the King and the wound burns with acid. The villagers continue to fight amongst themselves. The Blood Caiman looks badly injured and seems out of conbat for

Sir Andreas, Jackob, Rhavi and Rillka can all go! Sir Andreas, your sword is lying where you went down.

Initiative: Bold Names Go!
Sir Andreas [10/43; Prone][/b]
Blood Caiman 2 [-16/? ; Blind and Stunned 1 round]
Jackob [Invisible]
Rhavi
Rillka [delayed]
King [-32/?]
Albert [Shield, Mirror Image-1 Images remain.]
Lizardfolk Villagers [Side A: 0/? -12/?; -7/? 0/? -12/? 0/?// Side B: 0/? 0/? -3/? 0/?]


| HP: 25/31 | AC: 21 (12 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: 4, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +17, Lowlight vision | Exploration Action: Investigation | Bomb: 2/6 | Inspiration 5/5 | Cognatogen (+4 int, -2 str, +2 AC) | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Shield |PDF character sheet
Extracts:
Alchemist - bomber's eye, heightened awareness, Cure Light Wound | Investigator: illusion of calm, shield, 1 unused

"The gods be damned, will you just die!"

Rhavi, frustrated that the last caiman is still alive, throws another bomb at it (upper left corner, excluded Albert and splash the king)

Bomb attack, ranged touch attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Direct damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Splash damage = 5, dc 15 reflex for half


Male HP:43/43 AC:21 T:13 FF:18 F:+6 R:+3 W:+2 Perc:+6 Init:2 Bastard Sword +9, 1d10+3 CMB:+6 CMD:+18 EA: Defend Human Cavalier 4

Andreas stand up and draws a dagger from his belt. Knowing he cannot reach his main weapon yet; he throws the dagger at the crocodile.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 2 = 18
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

He turns to the large Lizard and waves him forward.
Issuing another challenge at him. Which will give me a +2 to attack him along with +4 Damage


KM Handouts Headwaters

Sir Andreas sees the Caiman slump at Rhavi's attack. He can throw the dagger to try and finish it off in case Jackob wants to do an area healing or he can do something else if he wishes.

Behind the Screen:

King's Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Rhavi throws her bomb and the explosion rocks the caiman who falls unconscious and bleeding. The explosion also washes over the king scorching his thick scales.

Initiative: Bold Names Go!
Sir Andreas [10/43][/b]
Jackob [Invisible]
Rhavi
Rillka [delayed]
King [-37/?]
Albert [Shield, Mirror Image-1 Images remain.]
Lizardfolk Villagers [Side A: 0/? -12/?; -7/? 0/? -12/? 0/?// Side B: 0/? 0/? -3/? 0/?]

Jackob you are up! Sir Andreas, let me know if you want to change your action. Rillka, are you remaining in Delay?


Male HP:43/43 AC:21 T:13 FF:18 F:+6 R:+3 W:+2 Perc:+6 Init:2 Bastard Sword +9, 1d10+3 CMB:+6 CMD:+18 EA: Defend Human Cavalier 4

If I may then adjust my action...to Stand up, challenge and then attack the lizard king. I would hit AC 20 Damage would be 8. If not then I will just hit the croc.


KM Handouts Headwaters

Sir Andreas rises and calls out a challenge once more to the King before throwing a dagger. Unfortunately, he aims wide to miss the two Albert's dancing before the king and the dagger goes wide.

You do get your challenge off, but the penalty for Firing into melee will cause the attack to go wide.


| HP: 25/31 | AC: 21 (12 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: 4, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +17, Lowlight vision | Exploration Action: Investigation | Bomb: 2/6 | Inspiration 5/5 | Cognatogen (+4 int, -2 str, +2 AC) | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Shield |PDF character sheet
Extracts:
Alchemist - bomber's eye, heightened awareness, Cure Light Wound | Investigator: illusion of calm, shield, 1 unused

Rhavi sighs with relief both as the croc goes down for good and Andreas stands back up.

"We still have a chance. We can do this"

She starts to reach for one of her extracts, getting ready to go up against the king

(Know it's not my turn, it is only rp ;-) )

3,751 to 3,800 of 3,929 << first < prev | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Little Game Master's Kingmaker (Table 1) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.