Hell's Rebels AP - Down with Thrune!

Game Master GM Red

Initiative:

[dice=Morvena]1d20+2[/dice
[dice=Padraig]1d20+8[/dice
[dice=Geoffrey]1d20+5[/dice
[dice=Issil]1d20+4[/dice
[dice=Victor]1d20+8[/dice
[dice=Rosebud]d20+11[/dice

Hell's Rebels Maps, Slides, and Handouts

Hell's Rebels Loot, Rumors, Locations, and more!


1,051 to 1,100 of 5,487 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

"Was it me? No wait, you mentioned a man. Never mind!" Issil kicks back. "Sometimes I mix up my previous clients."


HP: 75/75 l AC: 24, T 13, FF 19 l CMD 27 l F +11, R +6, W +5 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +10
Skills:
Climb +8, Diplo +12, Disg +9, Intim +13, Know (Eng) +7, Know (Geog) +6, Know (Hist) +3, Know (Nob) +6, Ride +7, Sense Motive +13, Swim +18
Male Human Fighter (Tactician archetype) 8 l Active Conditions: *Cursed

Geoffrey joins the others after cleaning himself off and helps himself to some cornbread slathered in honey. On seeing Issil's new outfit he gives her an appreciative whistle, "Nice outfit there. Looks like the other ladies better keep a lookout, eh?"

After hearing the other rumors he shakes his head, "Sounds like the two of you were spotted," waving at Morvena and Issil, "Not sure who else it could be." He then deposits his meager supply of copper coins with the other stash. "Pickings were mighty slim at the War Cage. Seems as if most of the other adventurers have decided to move on to greener pastures. Only the green recruits decided to stick it out I suppose. I did get a chance to try out Chuko's pride weapon, a lucerne hammer of all things! It does have a frost magical aura so it may prove useful in the fight ahead...we just need to loot a dragon's hoard to afford it!"

He considers what Morvena mentions about the source of the murders carefully before shaking his head, "I would not put too much credence in those rumors. We have the sinews which have that writing on them. Rexus should have a look at it."

Sovereign Court

Upkeep Phase - Week 3
Loyalty Check vs Supporter Attrition: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Supporters gained for natural 20: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Supporters gained from the Devil's Nursery: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Word of your deeds last week spread through Kintargo. In particular, your work at the Devil's Nursery proves to be particularly effective. Like a growing thorn in Barzillai Thrune's side, the tieflings from the Devil's Nursery have mustered both their confidence and their forces, a half dozen of them joining as supporters of the Silver Ravens.

Bolstered by your growing mass of supporters, the Silver Ravens have leveled up to Rank 4!

For reaching Rank 4, you have earned the title of Guardian. This represents your ongoing training with rebellion members or renewed self-confidence from the rebellion's growing strength. Each of you may choose a free, permanent bonus feat from the following list: Alertness, Deceitful, Persuasive, or Stealthy.

The treasury needs to be topped up to 40 gp since you've ranked up. Also, as suggested, I'll have Rexus take a look at the sinews following the Activity Phase.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

Issil makes sure to personally green the newcomers. She's quite excited to see the tieflings here.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
URogue 8 HP: 59/59 AC: 25 FF:25 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) T:17 CMB:+6 CMD: 23 F:+4 R:+11 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+9| Perception +12, Sense Motive +15 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 1/4; CLW Wand 35/50 Effects:

Victor watches on as Issil in her new fancy duds starts painting tieflings green Not something I've heard of before... weird custom or maybe a mating ritual?


Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

The cost of a single typo...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 42/42 l AC: 14 (17 w/ Mage Armor), T 13, FF 12 (15 w/ Mage Armor) l CMD 16 l F +6, R +5, W +7 l Arcane Reservoir (11/11), Conjurer's Focus (8 min), Consume Spells (3/3) | L1: 5/6, L2: 5/5, L3: 5/5, L4: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +2 | Female Human Arcanist (Occultist) 8 l Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Morvena also moves to greet the new arrivals, but stops short when she sees Issil with her green body paint busily decorating the recruits from the Devil's Nursery. One word succinctly sums up her initial reaction.

"What."

After a moment, she clears her throat.

"Ah, Issil? While I can appreciate the intent in having some sort of initiation ceremony, perhaps you should have discussed it with me first?"

Glancing at the green paint, she frowns. "And would silver paint not be more in keeping with the theme?"
_______

I missed Issil's typo the first time I read her post but after Roger's post I couldn't resist getting in on the fun too!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

Issil looks down at her bucket of paint.

She looks up at the half-painted tiefling.

She looks down at the paintbrush.

What the hell am I doing?

"Right, we are changing policy. I forgot. Green paint is optional. I'll just... wash that off for you."

Bluff: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24


URogue 8 HP: 59/59 AC: 25 FF:25 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) T:17 CMB:+6 CMD: 23 F:+4 R:+11 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+9| Perception +12, Sense Motive +15 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 1/4; CLW Wand 35/50 Effects:

"Are you sure? An initiation ritual would be kinda fun.. I mean, eventually we won't need any more bunks made or rubble cleaned up. And to be honest, a coffee run is far too easy. Maybe something that doesn't stick out so obvious though around town?" He grins a bit but is super serious. Take 10 on bluff for a 21

Sovereign Court

Two of the recruited supporters join your forces in the Wasp's Nest: a brother and sister tiefling duo, whose names you learn are Damakos and Lerissa.

"It... Really brings out your eyes," the tall, slender female tiefling says to her brother with a muffled laugh.

Damakos' newfound loyalty to the Silver Ravens is tested as the bright, green paint drips off the tips of his horns. "What is the meaning of this? No one else is painted green! Silver paint, green paint, I don't care! Get it off!"

Jay the tengu falls over, laughing hysterically. "I've... I've seen it all now..."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
URogue 8 HP: 59/59 AC: 25 FF:25 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) T:17 CMB:+6 CMD: 23 F:+4 R:+11 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+9| Perception +12, Sense Motive +15 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 1/4; CLW Wand 35/50 Effects:

"You should see what the Asmodeans do to initiate men into their priesthood. They make you stand on a roof with a rope tied to your... manhood and a rock on the other end of the rope." He shakes his head solemnly.

"Its supposed to build trust in the brotherhood... that they made the ropes long enough to reach the ground safely. Brother Bob wasn't so lucky, his rock went down a sewer drain... I think paint is much better, don't you Damakos?" Bluff: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21


HP: 42/42 l AC: 14 (17 w/ Mage Armor), T 13, FF 12 (15 w/ Mage Armor) l CMD 16 l F +6, R +5, W +7 l Arcane Reservoir (11/11), Conjurer's Focus (8 min), Consume Spells (3/3) | L1: 5/6, L2: 5/5, L3: 5/5, L4: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +2 | Female Human Arcanist (Occultist) 8 l Active Conditions: Mage Armor

"Ah...truly?" Morvena asks, wearing an expression of horrified fascination. "That...would explain much about Brother Bobobpolis..." she murmurs, shaking her head and looking quite serious.


Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

'You'd be surprised how many men will do ANYTHING to enhance themselves." Issil laughs, taking Victor's words at face value. "You could peddle enhancement potions for a pretty penny with some water, a little sugar and some a cheap dye."

"Not that I've ever done that, of course. I have class." She shakes her corset back and forth in an interpretive dance.

Sovereign Court

3 people marked this as a favorite.

GM Rolls:

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

As Issil washes off the paint, Damakos buys into Victor's story. "I suppose even the most organized groups in Cheliax have their unique terms of initiation. Very well. I will see to it that your next recruit receives the same treatment."

____

Activity Phase
Earn Gold via Tengu: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Recruit Peddlers: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Earn More Gold via Peddlers: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Jay and Korva change their tactics a little this week. They let Issil bathe their feathers again and again to avoid any potential for stench - the Wasp's Nest is next to the sewers, after all - and then set out to peddle some of the supplies from Longroads Coffeehouse at an elaborately high markup. The prices prove to be much too high in the generally poor parts of Kintargo, and the more wealthy citizens just aren't fooled when Jay tries to sell a filled doughnut for 25 gp because "it was made with rare cocoa harvested from deep within the Mwangi!"

The treasury gains 9 gp for their success

Padraig, Morvena, and Geoffrey set out towards the salt market. They find that several vendors there just aren't able to move their product with the salt supply now being funneled into the black market. As such, their hatred for the political climate and tough times with their businesses means the six eyepatch-wearing peddlers are quick to jump at the offer of joining the Silver Ravens.

You've gained Peddlers as a team

After they're told of your success at Sallix Salt Works, Victor joins the ragtag band of peddlers in bribing one of the Salt Works dockworkers, and the salt flows to their shops once more. They're pretty successful in their peddling, too, earning the maximum amount of possible gold.

The treasury gains 23 gp for their success
You've effectively doubled the treasury this week.


URogue 8 HP: 59/59 AC: 25 FF:25 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) T:17 CMB:+6 CMD: 23 F:+4 R:+11 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+9| Perception +12, Sense Motive +15 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 1/4; CLW Wand 35/50 Effects:

Nice post Red! Love how you worked our efforts into the mix there.

"I know a guy... we'll get you some salt, don't you worry my friends, you wait here and I'll be back." He heads down to the salt ship and as he gets behind an old shack he morphs himself into that pissed off old Dwarf from the Salt Works. This'll do nicely, time ta kick some ass and kick it again!

"Hey! You! We got a change on somma that salt! Keep everythin' as ordered but yer gonna take 20% of yer regular delivery and wheeler over to his address. Got it? Good." NummersIntimidate: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20


HP: 42/42 l AC: 14 (17 w/ Mage Armor), T 13, FF 12 (15 w/ Mage Armor) l CMD 16 l F +6, R +5, W +7 l Arcane Reservoir (11/11), Conjurer's Focus (8 min), Consume Spells (3/3) | L1: 5/6, L2: 5/5, L3: 5/5, L4: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +2 | Female Human Arcanist (Occultist) 8 l Active Conditions: Mage Armor

"Well...this has worked out better than I anticipated," Morvena remarks later on, after having managed to state their case and convince the disgruntled salt peddlers to join them. "Of course I knew that salt is a valuable commodity, but I had no idea it would fetch such a price! That should help keep our coffers from running empty," she smiles, pleased with their efforts.

Sovereign Court

Event Phase
The base event chance is 20%. You have a Notoriety score of 4. Add these together and...
Event Chance is 24%: 1d100 ⇒ 99

With some luck, no negative event occurs this week.

Rebellion mechanics are complete for the week, so we're back to normal play here.

CLW Wand Availability > 25: 1d100 ⇒ 49
There ya go!

Just as you've all returned to Longroads Coffeehouse, you find Laria standing at the counter. This is completely normal, except that she looks thoroughly horrified. More unusual is the sudden presence of three dottari guards meticulously inspecting the Coffeehouse's supplies and interviewing locals on the main floor of the shop.

She greets you with a bright smile. "Ah, more customers! Welcome to Longroads Coffeehouse! What can I get for you? Some strudels, some coffee, some tea? Perhaps all three?" Her voice rumbles with anxiety, and as she's speaking, she carefully slips a folded, handwritten note onto the countertop, nodding knowingly.

I have seen suspicious activity and unsavory practices at Longroads Coffeehouse. Investigate immediately.

The letter is written in a tidy script, and isn't signed.

After interviewing one of the patrons, a dottari guard makes for the back of the Coffeehouse, where Laria's office - and the entrance to a certain secret hideout - awaits...

What will you do?


Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

Issil smiles and thanks Laria. "We'll think about our order and get back to you, okay? Don't worry, we'll figure something out soon." Issil waves her away.

Bluff: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
She intended to infer a message of calm, but clearly Issil either doesn't care or is panicking more than Laria is.

Issil ponders. "If only we were illusionists, then we could make a real mess outside. I could... entertain the guards. Maybe that's the unsavory practices they are looking for. Which I am certain they will promptly forget about by the morning."

"Victor, maybe you could ask one of your friends to 'aid' the investigation? I have a potion that would help a lot here, actually."

It may be time for infiltration and interruption. Issil has a potion of Disguise Other, and Victor has Dottari gear. We could pretend to be investigators and inspect Laria's office, finding nothing out of the ordinary. We would of course stick around while the other guards reported their findings.

Liberty's Edge

CG Halfling Male Bard (Argent Voice) 8 | Conditions: heroism, good hope, haste | Bardic Performance 16/22 | Spells/Day 1-5/5; 2-2/4; 3-0/3 | Speed 30 ft. | ♫Freedom!♫ HP 59/59 | AC 23/ 15 T/ 20 FF | CMD 20 | Fort +9 (+1 vs drugs or poisons), Reflex +12, Will +9 (+1 vs mind-affecting effects); +2 vs fear; +4 vs bard performance, language-dependent, & sonic | Init +8 | Perception +15, Sense Motive +21

"Yes, Ms. Laria, I'll look for it and fetch it immediately." Loud enough to be overheard by the dottari.

The halfling behaves as any longshanks would expect: servile and unobtrusive. He follows after the dottari, hoping to prevent the catastrophic discovery of the entrance to the Rebellion's hideout by interposing himself between the unwelcome visitor and the secret door.


URogue 8 HP: 59/59 AC: 25 FF:25 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) T:17 CMB:+6 CMD: 23 F:+4 R:+11 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+9| Perception +12, Sense Motive +15 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 1/4; CLW Wand 35/50 Effects:

Victor will step outside, put up his hood and pull out his armband. He slides it up over his poor excuse for a bicep and morphs his face into the one and only Grel. I hope this works...

After a moment to catch his wits and gather his story, Grel rushes inside the coffeehouse out of breath, heading straight for the man going to the back office "Sir! Sir! I've got urgent news!" He stops and puts his hands on his hips and takes a few heavy breaths.

"A dottari patrol has gone missing in the Red Roofs! No one's seen er heard from 'em in a couple hours. I don't have much for details other than I needed to find some men to get down there immediately to start the search!" He takes a step back and leans heavily against the wall trying to catch his breath. Take 10 for a 21 Bluff.

Sovereign Court

GM Rolls:

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

The dottari guard turns quickly as Grel rushes in. "What are you talking about? Tell me exactly what you saw. We're in the middle of an investigation here. Got word there's some kind of weird stuff going on, and need to follow up on it. Hey, you two, get over here!"

He demands the other guards come over. They quickly finish their interviews with the locals and walk over.

"This Citizens Group .. thug tells me a patrol unit is missing. Red Roof District. Think it's the tieflings again?"

The other guard looks at Grel suspiciously, walking a circle around him, stopping behind the disguised kitsune. "Maybe. But how did he know we would be here to come and tell us?"

Suspicious Guard #3 steps up close to Grel's face. "Yeah. How did you know we'd be here?"

GM Rolls:

Victor disguise: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (11) + 20 = 31
Perception vs disguise 1: 1d20 + 5 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 6 = 21
Perception vs disguise 2: 1d20 + 5 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 6 = 23
Perception vs disguise 3: 1d20 + 5 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 6 = 24


URogue 8 HP: 59/59 AC: 25 FF:25 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) T:17 CMB:+6 CMD: 23 F:+4 R:+11 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+9| Perception +12, Sense Motive +15 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 1/4; CLW Wand 35/50 Effects:

Ha! I always forget the Coffee House is in the northern part of the city, I keep thinking its in the Js, I picked a place that was 'semi' close by, oh well guess I roll with it.

Grel takes a slight step back from the bad breathed man in his face "Look here..." Gasp for breath... "I was the 'lucky' sonovab!+&~ that was just coming over the Bleakbridge when one of your fellas was looking for a runner to head up this way. He said a group of ya were 'working' at the Coffeehouse, then the a$!$@!& said he expected a blueberry muffin and a latte on the return trip!"

Grel doubles over a bit and holds in a puke as he keeps gasping for breath "He didn't seem real happy to be on the bridge directing traffic while you guys were here sippin' fancy drinks and eatin' donuts. But what do I know, I'm just a volunteer."

Bluff: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14


Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

"Red Roof District?" Issil wonders aloud. "I've heard rumors of a dangerous fugitive hiding there. He hated authority, said it would take at least a dozen men to take him down."

Bluff: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Issil shakes her head, pretends that she spoke out of place, and hangs her head in shame. "I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have spoken out of place. But I'm so frightened- I'm sure all of you strong, courageous guardians of Kintargo can help!"


HP: 75/75 l AC: 24, T 13, FF 19 l CMD 27 l F +11, R +6, W +5 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +10
Skills:
Climb +8, Diplo +12, Disg +9, Intim +13, Know (Eng) +7, Know (Geog) +6, Know (Hist) +3, Know (Nob) +6, Ride +7, Sense Motive +13, Swim +18
Male Human Fighter (Tactician archetype) 8 l Active Conditions: *Cursed

Geoffrey moves up protectively next to Issil his eyes showing a gesture of respect for the Dottari, "Like my mistress says that...that fugitive swore he would bring down the Thrune House by himself if need be! After seeing his handiwork, I have no doubt he means good on his threats," he adds in an earnest voice, "He must be stopped!"

Bluff, Aid Another: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15


HP: 42/42 l AC: 14 (17 w/ Mage Armor), T 13, FF 12 (15 w/ Mage Armor) l CMD 16 l F +6, R +5, W +7 l Arcane Reservoir (11/11), Conjurer's Focus (8 min), Consume Spells (3/3) | L1: 5/6, L2: 5/5, L3: 5/5, L4: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +2 | Female Human Arcanist (Occultist) 8 l Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Damn damn damn!

"Fugitives in the Red Roof?" Morvena chimes in, trying to pretend that she happened to file in behind the others but not actually with them. "It is more likely than you think. Seems there is always someone out there foolish enough to try making a name for themselves as a troublemaker or worse. I would say that it certainly warrants further investigation, perhaps a walk through the district at the very least."

Bluff (Aid Another): 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 2 + 1 = 22

Sovereign Court

"Bring down Thrune? Is that what he said?" Hearing the magic words, the guard steps past Victor and storms out of the coffeehouse.

The other two are still a little suspicious. "We know your faces. Don't go far. We may want additional details later on. Come on, let's go, there's nothing here but stale doughnuts and burnt coffee."

The other two guards follow behind the apparent leader, and the coffeehouse is dottari-free once more.

About thirty seconds pass, and then Laria bounds over to you, the halfling looking mightily relieved. "Aye, by Desna, Iomedae, and Torag, what the hell was that? Come on. Let's talk about this in my office."

800 XP gained for dodging the guards. That could've gone really bad, so well done!

After following Laria Longroad into her office, she quietly shuts the door, taking a seat at her desk. "Someone is on to us. How else did the dottari know to come and inspect the coffeehouse like this?"

She looks at the trapdoor. "It's a good thing we keep that closed, it would've taken only a few moments to find it, and the Wasp's Nest too."

"My thinking is one of your recruits is leaking information on us to the guards. I have no idea who, or why they'd do this. Perhaps they've been persuaded or paid off. First the wall collapses, and then an impromptu guard visit. Someone intends to sabotage us."

She stands up, meeting Padraig Henry at eye level. "My advice to you is to keep a quiet, watchful eye on your recruits. Find the culprit. And stop them, before we're caught and thrown in prison. Or worse."

Mechanically, each PC can roll Sense Motive while in the Wasp's Nest once per week to spot anything unusual that might be going on.


URogue 8 HP: 59/59 AC: 25 FF:25 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) T:17 CMB:+6 CMD: 23 F:+4 R:+11 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+9| Perception +12, Sense Motive +15 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 1/4; CLW Wand 35/50 Effects:

Grel passes on the invitation for a little chit chat in the Halfling's office "Look short stuff, I got s%*! to do today, and an order of a muffin and a latte to fill, who do I talk to to make that happen?"

He looks around the front room, his gaze settling on the portrait of Her Infernal Magestrix Queen Abrogail II "Pretty sad portrait there... looks a bit crowded by all that other s+@$, looks a bit on the small side too. Maybe I should get up there and measure it?"

Grel looks around for another waitstaff, collects his muffin and latte and leaves without paying. Uppidity a#$*@+*s, could smell 'em soon as I ran in here!

He heads down the street with a mouthful of muffin and a sickly sweet coffee to wash it down with. Its a great day to be alive.

After a couple hours of wandering the streets with an eye out for broken proclamations, Victor resumes the lead role and he returns to the Coffeehouse Hideout to be filled in.


Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

"Good luck catching that scoundrel!" Issil waves the Dottari goodbye, and then shrugs when Laria beckons her.

"A traitor? Yeah, that makes sense. My good looks can only get us so far, eh?" She prepares to head downstairs. "Honestly, I'm not good at looking for suspicious types."

Issil's in a good mood, though, and decides to hold an impromptu rally by dancing for the members there.
Perform(Dance): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

While making a fool of herself, she does scan the crowd to see if anyone is reacting nervously.
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16


HP: 42/42 l AC: 14 (17 w/ Mage Armor), T 13, FF 12 (15 w/ Mage Armor) l CMD 16 l F +6, R +5, W +7 l Arcane Reservoir (11/11), Conjurer's Focus (8 min), Consume Spells (3/3) | L1: 5/6, L2: 5/5, L3: 5/5, L4: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +2 | Female Human Arcanist (Occultist) 8 l Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Morvena breathes a sigh of relief once the Dottari are gone. She regards the rest of the group with an expression of utmost seriousness. "If we have a traitor then we must be careful to not let on that anything is amiss," she says in a low voice. "No mention of the close call we had today. It will be easiest to determine who our canary is if we continue on with business as usual...as much as possible, of course."

Once the coast seems clear, Morvena follows Issil and the others back down into the Wasp's Nest. Unable to take any real enjoyment out of watching Issil's dance, she instead sits and pores over her spellbook...occasionally sneaking glances around at the gathered recruits.

Which one...? And why?

Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 17


HP: 75/75 l AC: 24, T 13, FF 19 l CMD 27 l F +11, R +6, W +5 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +10
Skills:
Climb +8, Diplo +12, Disg +9, Intim +13, Know (Eng) +7, Know (Geog) +6, Know (Hist) +3, Know (Nob) +6, Ride +7, Sense Motive +13, Swim +18
Male Human Fighter (Tactician archetype) 8 l Active Conditions: *Cursed

Geoffrey nods in agreement with Morvena, and decides to casually circle among the recruits looking for those who could use some weapon training as his cover story...while trying to keep his gaze from roaming to Issil...

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

...failing miserably :P


URogue 8 HP: 59/59 AC: 25 FF:25 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) T:17 CMB:+6 CMD: 23 F:+4 R:+11 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+9| Perception +12, Sense Motive +15 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 1/4; CLW Wand 35/50 Effects:

For the sake of keeping all the week's sense motive rolls in one place and easier for the powers above to react and remember accordingly, I'll add mine in.

After his foray around town looking to vent his frustrations and channel his inner a*~&&$*, Victor returns to the hideout and has a quick meeting with Laria to get caught up on things "Sounds like a nerve wracking morning. Yes I will take this most seriously and keep an eye and ear out. Lunch specials? Yes I'll take that, sounds great, I'll wait."

Downstairs in the deep, dark depths of anarchy...

Victor strolls in with a mouthful of turkey sandwich and chip crumbs on the collar of his shirt just as finishes what he can only imagine is a provocative and energizing dance routine. He claps loudly "Nice one, wish I was here for the beginning!" He grins as he takes another large bite as he survey's the room smiling.

Sense Motive for the Week: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Liberty's Edge

CG Halfling Male Bard (Argent Voice) 8 | Conditions: heroism, good hope, haste | Bardic Performance 16/22 | Spells/Day 1-5/5; 2-2/4; 3-0/3 | Speed 30 ft. | ♫Freedom!♫ HP 59/59 | AC 23/ 15 T/ 20 FF | CMD 20 | Fort +9 (+1 vs drugs or poisons), Reflex +12, Will +9 (+1 vs mind-affecting effects); +2 vs fear; +4 vs bard performance, language-dependent, & sonic | Init +8 | Perception +15, Sense Motive +21

Sense Motive to Find the Traitor: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Before heading into the hideaway, Pádraig Henry suggests, "Perhaps, we could lay a trap for the traitor? Feed each of our recruits a specific piece of information that would enable us to trace the leak to the culprit?"

Sovereign Court

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Laria considers Padraig's idea. "That's just brilliant. See? Count on the halflings to come up with all of the best ideas." She winks at Padraig as he descends down into the Nest.

___

The Fushi family, Vendalfek, and even the tieflings stop to form a circle around Issil as she puts on her latest rendition of modern dance, using the statue of Calistria as if it were a metal pole. Jay and Korva join in on the ground, attempting to imitate her, and doing a pretty good job of it, too. Damakos scratches off the last shard of green paint from his armpit with a scoff. Rexus dances in a flamboyant manner, with plenty of twirls and spins.

Absent from the impromptu party are some of your supporters. Victor spies Morgar Manthai, a human with short, brown hair seated in a corner of the storeroom, hurriedly scribbling on a piece of paper. He crumples it up and swallows it when you approach. "Oh dear, I really ought to do something about my paper addiction. I just can't get enough of the fibrous, chalky stuff!"

Liberty's Edge

CG Halfling Male Bard (Argent Voice) 8 | Conditions: heroism, good hope, haste | Bardic Performance 16/22 | Spells/Day 1-5/5; 2-2/4; 3-0/3 | Speed 30 ft. | ♫Freedom!♫ HP 59/59 | AC 23/ 15 T/ 20 FF | CMD 20 | Fort +9 (+1 vs drugs or poisons), Reflex +12, Will +9 (+1 vs mind-affecting effects); +2 vs fear; +4 vs bard performance, language-dependent, & sonic | Init +8 | Perception +15, Sense Motive +21

Pádraig Henry gives Victor a raised eyebrow, when the rogue heads toward the longshanks Morgar Manthai. Sharp eye, Victor. Have we found our traitor already?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 75/75 l AC: 24, T 13, FF 19 l CMD 27 l F +11, R +6, W +5 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +10
Skills:
Climb +8, Diplo +12, Disg +9, Intim +13, Know (Eng) +7, Know (Geog) +6, Know (Hist) +3, Know (Nob) +6, Ride +7, Sense Motive +13, Swim +18
Male Human Fighter (Tactician archetype) 8 l Active Conditions: *Cursed

His attention drawn by the commotion where one of the Wasp recruits is being approached by Victor, Geoffrey wanders nearby his curiosity piqued by the young man's words.

Paper addiction? Is he talking about Laria's pastries? I always thought they were quite moist and flavorful, not chalky in the least!

Just waiting for Victor to post here.


Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

"Everyone having a good time?" Issil grins. She loves the attention and she loves the performance- even if she was off. She blows a kiss towards Damakos, knowing this will draw a ton of attention to him- and give her a good excuse away from the crowd. Duty calls.

She uncoils her whip, showing it off to any recruits who ask. But really, she's wondering what Victor and Geoffrey have found, and why they're so interested in boring old Morgar Manthai.

Victor will be away for the next day or so, so we may want to begin the interrogation directly. Or counterintel the heck out of him.


Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

I'm assuming you guys have hinted who the traitor is.

Issil casts Guidance on herself and then approaches Morgar with a smile. "What's a matter, didn't want to see the performance up close?" She laughs and whispers in his ear.

Quiet:
"Indigestion? Let's find somewhere a little quiet. A good massage will relax that tummy ache."

I'm not sure if Diplomacy(+9) or Bluff(+8) is appropriate.
Social Skill: 1d20 ⇒ 5
So that's for 14 Diplomacy and for 13 Bluff. I can't roll well ever, it seems.

She grins, and tries to lead Morgar to someplace private and far away from his belongings for a few minutes.

Sovereign Court

"Oh? A massage?" Morgar stands up from his corner, rubbing his back. "Sounds just great to me, miss. I haven't been feeling myself lately. Perhaps I need to loosen up a little." He follows Issil to wherever she'll take him.

____
Turns out a 14 was precisely what was needed on that roll, so you didn't roll so bad after all!


Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

"Come on, let's go. I know a spot." She turns to Geoff. "We'll need some privacy for a few minutes. Just knock if you need me." Issil leads Morgar away from his bunk and finds a quiet corner, behind a door.

Okay, I bought us some time.


HP: 75/75 l AC: 24, T 13, FF 19 l CMD 27 l F +11, R +6, W +5 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +10
Skills:
Climb +8, Diplo +12, Disg +9, Intim +13, Know (Eng) +7, Know (Geog) +6, Know (Hist) +3, Know (Nob) +6, Ride +7, Sense Motive +13, Swim +18
Male Human Fighter (Tactician archetype) 8 l Active Conditions: *Cursed

Geoffrey nods in reply, "I will make sure you are not disturbed."

Some guys have all the luck...still hope we find something here. Don't want to risk a scene here as it would damage our recruiting efforts severely!

Geoffrey will stand guard so the others can search Morgar's belongings.


URogue 8 HP: 59/59 AC: 25 FF:25 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) T:17 CMB:+6 CMD: 23 F:+4 R:+11 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+9| Perception +12, Sense Motive +15 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 1/4; CLW Wand 35/50 Effects:

Victor takes his time searching the man's things, calling over Morvena to check for anything magical that may be hidden. Take 20. I think we should have time for that no? 25

Liberty's Edge

CG Halfling Male Bard (Argent Voice) 8 | Conditions: heroism, good hope, haste | Bardic Performance 16/22 | Spells/Day 1-5/5; 2-2/4; 3-0/3 | Speed 30 ft. | ♫Freedom!♫ HP 59/59 | AC 23/ 15 T/ 20 FF | CMD 20 | Fort +9 (+1 vs drugs or poisons), Reflex +12, Will +9 (+1 vs mind-affecting effects); +2 vs fear; +4 vs bard performance, language-dependent, & sonic | Init +8 | Perception +15, Sense Motive +21

Pádraig Henry follows Issil, in case she needs a second pair of hands for her intimate 'massage' of the likely traitor.

(Diplomacy +10 (+12 with aspect of the nightingale) and Intimidate +5, if needed.)


3 people marked this as a favorite.
HP: 42/42 l AC: 14 (17 w/ Mage Armor), T 13, FF 12 (15 w/ Mage Armor) l CMD 16 l F +6, R +5, W +7 l Arcane Reservoir (11/11), Conjurer's Focus (8 min), Consume Spells (3/3) | L1: 5/6, L2: 5/5, L3: 5/5, L4: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +2 | Female Human Arcanist (Occultist) 8 l Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Though she knows it's necessary, Morvena actually looks a little conflicted as Issil and Padraig lead a distracted Morgar away to somewhere more private.

"I do not like doing this," she admits as she moves to assist Victor in searching through Morgar's meager belongings. "Searching another's things without more weighty evidence than a hunch and some odd, only possibly suspicious, behavior...it seems something that Thrune and his agents would do..."

Still, there's the greater good to consider...it wasn't just their safety at stake but the safety of Laria and Rexus and everyone else that had chosen to trust and follow them. Expression grim, Morvena scans the man's belongings for any trace of magic.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

Issil, for her part, is all to glad to give an impromptu massage. She tells Morgar to lie face down on the cot. She straddles him and goes to work on the back of his neck.

"Usually this part gets pretty knotted. Hey Pádraig, can you hand me some of the oil from my pack? No not that one, put it back! Yeah, that one. There we go." She pours some of the oil into her hands and runs it across his neck and shoulders. "Just tell me if I'm going too far, alright?"

"I gotta admit Morgar. I don't keep track of everyone here. And you were one of our first recruits, too..." She pinches a spot on his backside. "Tell me a bit more about yourself. What did you do before joining our motley crew?"

Step One: Get him relaxed. Step Two: Open him up. Step Three: Spill his secrets.

Diplomacy, Guidance: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 8 + 1 = 25

Liberty's Edge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
CG Halfling Male Bard (Argent Voice) 8 | Conditions: heroism, good hope, haste | Bardic Performance 16/22 | Spells/Day 1-5/5; 2-2/4; 3-0/3 | Speed 30 ft. | ♫Freedom!♫ HP 59/59 | AC 23/ 15 T/ 20 FF | CMD 20 | Fort +9 (+1 vs drugs or poisons), Reflex +12, Will +9 (+1 vs mind-affecting effects); +2 vs fear; +4 vs bard performance, language-dependent, & sonic | Init +8 | Perception +15, Sense Motive +21

Channeling a little other-worldly Enya, Pádraig Henry sets some quiet, soothing mood music.

If I lead you to the water
Oh, will you take a drink?
Emotions that you torture
Make you stop and think (Make you stop and think)
True Confessions
True confessions can reveal
True confessions, True confessions

Bananarama, True Confessions

Diplomacy to aid Issil: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

Sovereign Court

Issil gets to it, working a kink out of Morgar's back. "AH! That's the spot." When she goes for the rear, he's startled, but begins to open up. "I worked at the Gurgling Yeast - Kintargo's premier bakery - for years. Made a pretty good living off of it too. When prepared perfectly, sourdough can have an almost addictive taste, you know! But then..." He tenses up. "I spilled a whole wagon full of grain one day, and I could not afford the ridiculous sum Thrune's newly appointed guard demanded. Proclamation the Fifth is absurd! They threw me in jail for a few days. I lost my job, and everything else." He lets out a long sigh. "And that's why I'm here with you guys."

"I can't help but feel a little awkward getting a tender massage in the dusty basement of a Coffeehouse. Then again, I've been hearing strange voices lately, so maybe I'm just imagining all of this!"

Meanwhile, Morvena and Victor flip through Morgar's stash. There's a small pocketknife, waterskin, a few sticks of charcoal, and a stash of paper with strange, nonsensical scribbles on them. It's as if Morgar had started to write something, but suddenly changed his mind a few words in. Morvena doesn't sense anything magical about the stash.

Liberty's Edge

CG Halfling Male Bard (Argent Voice) 8 | Conditions: heroism, good hope, haste | Bardic Performance 16/22 | Spells/Day 1-5/5; 2-2/4; 3-0/3 | Speed 30 ft. | ♫Freedom!♫ HP 59/59 | AC 23/ 15 T/ 20 FF | CMD 20 | Fort +9 (+1 vs drugs or poisons), Reflex +12, Will +9 (+1 vs mind-affecting effects); +2 vs fear; +4 vs bard performance, language-dependent, & sonic | Init +8 | Perception +15, Sense Motive +21

Pádraig Henry whispers in Issil's ear, "They let him go without paying a fine? He's been hearing strange voices? Might want to hit his pressure points with some deep tissue massage... "


URogue 8 HP: 59/59 AC: 25 FF:25 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) T:17 CMB:+6 CMD: 23 F:+4 R:+11 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+9| Perception +12, Sense Motive +15 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 1/4; CLW Wand 35/50 Effects:

Victor grabs a sample of the paper with scribbles on it to at least try to match it to the note Laria received. "He's got the means, lets see what I can tell from the other note." He'll head upstairs to check it out I was planning on snatching the note earlier but I forgot to mention it so... always good to have writing samples on hand for some... forgery.

Linguistics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20


Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

"That sucks..." Issil rubs some of Morgar's vertebrae. "At least they didn't force you to pay the fine!" She laughs. Pádraig leans into her ear. She nods.

"I've got a secret, too. My aunt Cassie. She used to bake these sugar cookies that were so delicious. But as she got older she felt... well, she said voices were haunting her. And then she couldn't bake anymore. But she could write. Man, she loved to write. Later in her life her writing got scary. Like something was chasing her."

She lays her hands on his backside and presses deep. "Have you ever felt like that? Something chasing you, but you can't even see them? If you need to talk, or you feel like you're losing control of yourself, come talk to me, alright? Some secrets are best made public."

She looks down at Pádraig. "Did you have anything to say? I'm just getting started here." She continues her massage.

Sounds like he's possessed...all I can do is get him to come to us to help.


HP: 42/42 l AC: 14 (17 w/ Mage Armor), T 13, FF 12 (15 w/ Mage Armor) l CMD 16 l F +6, R +5, W +7 l Arcane Reservoir (11/11), Conjurer's Focus (8 min), Consume Spells (3/3) | L1: 5/6, L2: 5/5, L3: 5/5, L4: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +2 | Female Human Arcanist (Occultist) 8 l Active Conditions: Mage Armor

"Ah...let us also be sure to transcribe these scribbles separately, if not to copy the handwriting, then to be able to decipher the meaning at a later date," Morvena advises once they're done, taking care to try and put every item back the way they had found it.

She then hurries off after Victor, curious to see what can be learned from the scribbling.

Linguistics (Aid?): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
________

Not sure if you can Aid Another on Linguistics but it's worth a try!

1,051 to 1,100 of 5,487 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [Hell's Rebels AP with GM Red] Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.