Gimble's Emerald Spire (Table 2)

Game Master Eric Sklavos

The Clockwork Maze

Out of Initaitive


1,701 to 1,730 of 1,730 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Male TN Wayang Unchained Rogue 5.1 | AC 21 (T 16/FF 17) | CMB +3 CMD 18 (FF 14) | HP 43/43 | Init +3 | Fort +2* Ref +7* Will +2* (* +2 vs Shadow Magic & +1 vs Humanoid Reptilians)(Evasion) | Perception +11 (+2 to locate traps) | Darkvision 60' | Speed 20' | Ghost Sound 1/1 | Pass w/o Trace 1/1 | Ventriloquism 1/1 | Vanish 2/2 | Languages: Common, Abyssal, Azlanti, Draconic, Goblin, Infernal, Wayang | Active Conditions:

Lucifer regroups with the rest to plan their next action. Hiding in the shadows as he goes.

Stealth: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (10) + 16 = 26


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)

The group retreats back to the hallway toward the scrap room.

Out of Initiative

Current HP:
Orovan (28/43 hp)
Lucifer (41/43 hp)
Hovok (21/40 hp)
Jafit (31/43 hp)

Dark Archive

Male Half-Orc Brawler 4/Cleric 1 - HP: 43/43, - AC: 19/T: 12/FF: 17 - INIT: +2, Percep: +6[8] <darkvision> TC: 5/5, TD: 5/5 - F: +11/R: +9/W: +8[9] - CMB: +8 - CMD: 20, Speed: 20ft

Orovan applies the wand to his wounds and nods for Hovok to shut the door.
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
After a few tries the magic comes forth the way he intended.
He never was a good priest.

"How about that guy, huh? He meant to stab us in the back whatever we did. But that magic... he's strong."
Orovan then considers silently as he puts the wand away.

Silver Crusade

M Ifrit Oracle (Life) 5

The ifrit will take the time to mostly heal everyone with a wand, as well.

Orovan
Healing himself

Lucifer
Not that hurt, actually

Hovok
Wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 Up to 29/40
Wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 Up to 37/40

Jafit
Wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 Up to 40/43

Takes wand from 37 to 34 charges.

"So, what do you want to do? He seems more than ready for a fight."

Dark Archive

Male TN Wayang Unchained Rogue 5.1 | AC 21 (T 16/FF 17) | CMB +3 CMD 18 (FF 14) | HP 43/43 | Init +3 | Fort +2* Ref +7* Will +2* (* +2 vs Shadow Magic & +1 vs Humanoid Reptilians)(Evasion) | Perception +11 (+2 to locate traps) | Darkvision 60' | Speed 20' | Ghost Sound 1/1 | Pass w/o Trace 1/1 | Ventriloquism 1/1 | Vanish 2/2 | Languages: Common, Abyssal, Azlanti, Draconic, Goblin, Infernal, Wayang | Active Conditions:

"There is a possibility he might have used up his most powerful spells. The problem is the two blade traps between us."

Lucifer thinks for a few seconds, "I can see two options. We rush through the traps, I think once the blades go flying they won't reset. Or we can back travel and see if there is another way to enter that room by taking another path. Unfortunately that would give him ample time to prepare for us."

Dark Archive

Male Half-Orc Brawler 4/Cleric 1 - HP: 43/43, - AC: 19/T: 12/FF: 17 - INIT: +2, Percep: +6[8] <darkvision> TC: 5/5, TD: 5/5 - F: +11/R: +9/W: +8[9] - CMB: +8 - CMD: 20, Speed: 20ft

"My mist is all but gone. I have one more spell to help me fight. Do we all have a bow or javelins? We could try to fight him from the door." Orovan ponders as he catches his breath. "Or, I can use this wand of mine to summon creatures to set off the traps." He suddenly perks up, looking rather hopeful.
"What do you say?"

Silver Crusade

M Ifrit Oracle (Life) 5

"I'm fairly limited in combat options, but I will do what I can. With that mist up, I can't see him to target him, so it being gone will be a big deal if you want to just have a go at him."

Dark Archive

Male TN Wayang Unchained Rogue 5.1 | AC 21 (T 16/FF 17) | CMB +3 CMD 18 (FF 14) | HP 43/43 | Init +3 | Fort +2* Ref +7* Will +2* (* +2 vs Shadow Magic & +1 vs Humanoid Reptilians)(Evasion) | Perception +11 (+2 to locate traps) | Darkvision 60' | Speed 20' | Ghost Sound 1/1 | Pass w/o Trace 1/1 | Ventriloquism 1/1 | Vanish 2/2 | Languages: Common, Abyssal, Azlanti, Draconic, Goblin, Infernal, Wayang | Active Conditions:

"Summoning a creature to at least spring the southern most trap would give enough leeway to form a path to the enemy caster."

Dark Archive

Male Half-Orc Brawler 4/Cleric 1 - HP: 43/43, - AC: 19/T: 12/FF: 17 - INIT: +2, Percep: +6[8] <darkvision> TC: 5/5, TD: 5/5 - F: +11/R: +9/W: +8[9] - CMB: +8 - CMD: 20, Speed: 20ft

Orovan nods and begins casting from the wand.
"Be ready."
I'll summon a pony and send it in.


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)

Before the summoned pony sets off the trap, where is everyone going to be. I'm assuming you all went at least into the scrap room before healing and such.

Dark Archive

Male TN Wayang Unchained Rogue 5.1 | AC 21 (T 16/FF 17) | CMB +3 CMD 18 (FF 14) | HP 43/43 | Init +3 | Fort +2* Ref +7* Will +2* (* +2 vs Shadow Magic & +1 vs Humanoid Reptilians)(Evasion) | Perception +11 (+2 to locate traps) | Darkvision 60' | Speed 20' | Ghost Sound 1/1 | Pass w/o Trace 1/1 | Ventriloquism 1/1 | Vanish 2/2 | Languages: Common, Abyssal, Azlanti, Draconic, Goblin, Infernal, Wayang | Active Conditions:

After the group comes up with their plan, Lucifer heads back to the area just before the room and waits.

Placed my self on the position he will take on the map.

Silver Crusade

M Ifrit Oracle (Life) 5

There?

Dark Archive

Male Half-Orc Brawler 4/Cleric 1 - HP: 43/43, - AC: 19/T: 12/FF: 17 - INIT: +2, Percep: +6[8] <darkvision> TC: 5/5, TD: 5/5 - F: +11/R: +9/W: +8[9] - CMB: +8 - CMD: 20, Speed: 20ft

I've positioned my token as well.


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)

Sorry for the delay. Super busy with the holidays.

The fog and snow are gone. At first glance Klarkosh and his construct are gone as well. Let me know if the plan is still the same to summon a pony for the trap.

Dark Archive

Male Half-Orc Brawler 4/Cleric 1 - HP: 43/43, - AC: 19/T: 12/FF: 17 - INIT: +2, Percep: +6[8] <darkvision> TC: 5/5, TD: 5/5 - F: +11/R: +9/W: +8[9] - CMB: +8 - CMD: 20, Speed: 20ft

The pony would have been summoned before we launched the attack, and I don't see another purpose for it, so if nobody objects I'll send it in just the same.
"Uh... that's concerning." Orovan remarks at the absence of their anticipated foe.

Dark Archive

Male TN Wayang Unchained Rogue 5.1 | AC 21 (T 16/FF 17) | CMB +3 CMD 18 (FF 14) | HP 43/43 | Init +3 | Fort +2* Ref +7* Will +2* (* +2 vs Shadow Magic & +1 vs Humanoid Reptilians)(Evasion) | Perception +11 (+2 to locate traps) | Darkvision 60' | Speed 20' | Ghost Sound 1/1 | Pass w/o Trace 1/1 | Ventriloquism 1/1 | Vanish 2/2 | Languages: Common, Abyssal, Azlanti, Draconic, Goblin, Infernal, Wayang | Active Conditions:

"Careful. He was a wizard, so he might have cast invisibility on himself and his guardian."

Waits for the pony to set the trap off before heading into the room.

Silver Crusade

M Ifrit Oracle (Life) 5

"Or he could have retreated to a more defensible location. Even with the traps, this is kind of just open."


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)

GM Screen:

Trap Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Direction: 1d8 ⇒ 8

Orovan casts the summon spell and a pony appears in area of the southern trap. The sound of the coil spring and gears letting loose the spinning blades is quickly drowned out by a slicing sound and a sickly scream by the pony. The pony, in a panic, comes racing back down the hall where his summoner and friends are with a gash in its side. The hoof-beats on the stonework quickly fade as it runs by everyone and the spell fades.

You may step aside to let it pass, otherwise it'll try to overrun.

There is still no sign of the enemy.

Silver Crusade

M Ifrit Oracle (Life) 5

"Poor beast." Jafit gets out of the pony's way, saddened by its plight.

Dark Archive

Male TN Wayang Unchained Rogue 5.1 | AC 21 (T 16/FF 17) | CMB +3 CMD 18 (FF 14) | HP 43/43 | Init +3 | Fort +2* Ref +7* Will +2* (* +2 vs Shadow Magic & +1 vs Humanoid Reptilians)(Evasion) | Perception +11 (+2 to locate traps) | Darkvision 60' | Speed 20' | Ghost Sound 1/1 | Pass w/o Trace 1/1 | Ventriloquism 1/1 | Vanish 2/2 | Languages: Common, Abyssal, Azlanti, Draconic, Goblin, Infernal, Wayang | Active Conditions:

Lucifer winces at the sound of the sprung trap and the pony's cries of pain. He moves aside to let the pony pass and is glad the summoning didn't last long.

Lucifer then carefully enters the room, scanning the area for the enemy.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16

Dark Archive

Male Half-Orc Brawler 4/Cleric 1 - HP: 43/43, - AC: 19/T: 12/FF: 17 - INIT: +2, Percep: +6[8] <darkvision> TC: 5/5, TD: 5/5 - F: +11/R: +9/W: +8[9] - CMB: +8 - CMD: 20, Speed: 20ft

Orovan takes a moment to consider how similar they all are to the pony, fleeting lives cast into danger by someone else's will. Created, scarred, and vanished once again.

Moving into the room behind Lucifer, he keeps a close eye for danger. "He'll be back I'm sure. We need to make it safe to engage him." He notes to the party, but mostly to the rogue.


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)

All is quiet, no sign of any hostiles in the room. There is still one armed trap (northern trap is armed).

Dark Archive

Male TN Wayang Unchained Rogue 5.1 | AC 21 (T 16/FF 17) | CMB +3 CMD 18 (FF 14) | HP 43/43 | Init +3 | Fort +2* Ref +7* Will +2* (* +2 vs Shadow Magic & +1 vs Humanoid Reptilians)(Evasion) | Perception +11 (+2 to locate traps) | Darkvision 60' | Speed 20' | Ghost Sound 1/1 | Pass w/o Trace 1/1 | Ventriloquism 1/1 | Vanish 2/2 | Languages: Common, Abyssal, Azlanti, Draconic, Goblin, Infernal, Wayang | Active Conditions:

"Just to be safe and to save more ponies." Lucifer moves to the other trap and begins to work on it.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15

Ouch


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)

Lucifer goes to disable the other trap and is successful, just not quite in the way he intended.

Spinning Blade: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

Luckily he is aware of his failure and hits the ground flat as the blades spin just above his head.

Trap disabled.

Dark Archive

Male TN Wayang Unchained Rogue 5.1 | AC 21 (T 16/FF 17) | CMB +3 CMD 18 (FF 14) | HP 43/43 | Init +3 | Fort +2* Ref +7* Will +2* (* +2 vs Shadow Magic & +1 vs Humanoid Reptilians)(Evasion) | Perception +11 (+2 to locate traps) | Darkvision 60' | Speed 20' | Ghost Sound 1/1 | Pass w/o Trace 1/1 | Ventriloquism 1/1 | Vanish 2/2 | Languages: Common, Abyssal, Azlanti, Draconic, Goblin, Infernal, Wayang | Active Conditions:

Sighs a bit of from relief and then yells, "Trap is clear." He gets up, dusting himself off before searching the room.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)

Lucifer dodges the blade trap, gets up and looks around the room. besides some machine parts on the floor, there is only the massive machine in the middle of the room that ticks and whirs with several levers on it.

Dark Archive

Male TN Wayang Unchained Rogue 5.1 | AC 21 (T 16/FF 17) | CMB +3 CMD 18 (FF 14) | HP 43/43 | Init +3 | Fort +2* Ref +7* Will +2* (* +2 vs Shadow Magic & +1 vs Humanoid Reptilians)(Evasion) | Perception +11 (+2 to locate traps) | Darkvision 60' | Speed 20' | Ghost Sound 1/1 | Pass w/o Trace 1/1 | Ventriloquism 1/1 | Vanish 2/2 | Languages: Common, Abyssal, Azlanti, Draconic, Goblin, Infernal, Wayang | Active Conditions:

Lucifer approaches the massive machine as he motions for the others to come up. "The room is clear and the traps are disabled."

Looking over the massive machine, "I wonder what this thing does?"

Dark Archive

Male Half-Orc Brawler 4/Cleric 1 - HP: 43/43, - AC: 19/T: 12/FF: 17 - INIT: +2, Percep: +6[8] <darkvision> TC: 5/5, TD: 5/5 - F: +11/R: +9/W: +8[9] - CMB: +8 - CMD: 20, Speed: 20ft

"Let's take a look and then get out of here. Maybe he's not coming back. If he knows what's good for him anyway."
Orovan looks worried, unable to relax and glancing over his shoulder.

Dark Archive

Male TN Wayang Unchained Rogue 5.1 | AC 21 (T 16/FF 17) | CMB +3 CMD 18 (FF 14) | HP 43/43 | Init +3 | Fort +2* Ref +7* Will +2* (* +2 vs Shadow Magic & +1 vs Humanoid Reptilians)(Evasion) | Perception +11 (+2 to locate traps) | Darkvision 60' | Speed 20' | Ghost Sound 1/1 | Pass w/o Trace 1/1 | Ventriloquism 1/1 | Vanish 2/2 | Languages: Common, Abyssal, Azlanti, Draconic, Goblin, Infernal, Wayang | Active Conditions:

Lucifer walks around the machine to the levers, searching for more traps or anything that stands out.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)

Besides the Red and Black levers on the back wall, Lucifer looks at the machine and finds levers that arm and trigger the spinning blade traps in this room.

1,701 to 1,730 of 1,730 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gimble's Emerald Spire (Table 2) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.